(1,607)

1,607

• Pros

• "I really like the fact that it has many features and it is fast and good"

• "This app is very easy to use. It's very easy to find events and save them by clicking on the heart. I also like how the app saves your tickets."

• "Really easy to use and integrates well with my other products. The spreadsheets and data collected is fantastic."

• Cons

• "The one con I came across is that we couldn't find a way to request donations for a free ticket. Or a way to purchase a ticket for an entire family? But other than that we still love the software!"

• "Sometimes the software can run a little slow on the website, but overall it is a good program to use."

• "One of the least things I like about this software is that it can be a little intimidating when you first start using it. You will need to play around with it in order to create striking events. "

Browse Eventbrite Reviews

Janosch from INVERS GmbH

State of the Art Event management

The event I attended which was managed via Eventbrite hat serval hundred attendees. From a visitors perspective anything worked flawlessly and smooth. The event I set up was a lot smaller but also worked out great from an organizers point of view. I am confident Eventbrite played a central role to this as it streamlined the organisation and the preparation as well as positively supported the execution of the events. Eventbrite is a modern, fast and anticipating web application that is easy to use and works for teams colaborating in organizing small and obviously medium to large sized events. It also funnels some of your more exotic ideas about how your event should work down a reasonable lane, which is healthy, es pecially for newcomers and the less experienced. I simply can recommend Eventbrite and will use it again for our followup event(s) in 2019.

Pros

I used Eventbrite a couple of times when booking events for myself or colleagues. It was simple, easy, had the information I was looking for where I expected it to be and all (comprehensive) steps that led me through researching the event (MTP Hamburg) to choosing what I specifically wanted to finalizing booking completely without any hassle. A while later I had to organize an Event myself and remembered my positive experience as a user, which I wanted to provide to attendees of my event as well. It was then, that I realized how much this has to do with the way you setup an event from inside Eventbrite. There is a verry good guide for setting up events and a step by step tour for beginners. There also are recommendations about what to do when and what information might be expected by potential attendees. I liked the basic support which was included as a beginner. Also, there are areas where Eventbrite clearly draws a line regarding its functionalities and forwards you to connected third party services (as for example if you want super fancy badges or have more esoteric data mining procedures in mind regarding your attendees data). As a newbie to event management AND Eventbrite in particular I was also happy about the broad spectrum of FAQ and help videos. I was very happy to be supplied with a solution that provided me with high quality, easy to use features and was free to use for my non-profit event on top of it.

Cons

Speaking of FAQ and learning how to use Eventbrite it is true that there is a lot of material available online. Sadly there is also light and shadow to this. Some of the explanations I found online were clearly dated and others did either not cover the specifics of the topic I needed (recommendation / invitation based multi stepp application requests) or referred to things which had been changed in the past. Also the Options for the design and look of the Event Homepage were limited. These aren't necessarily bad things only. BEing forced to stay with a simple (but still beautiful) Layout as well as required to go with a simpler application process then I imagined in the end turned out to be good as it simplified things and allowed me to concentrate on matters more central to the event I was planning. It just needed some letting go first and willingness to do it differently than I first had imagined.

Beau from Utah Valley University

Cheap E-Mail Automation capabilities

The problem that I was able to solve was spending less time on event coordination- I was wasting too much time emailing individual people about events. Because I now waste less time on E-Mail campaigning, I can spend more time doing things that benefit the organization better. Additional benefits that I realized are the creative capabilities that the software allows. I do not have any graphic design experience but was able to create creative and attractive content for E-Mail campaigns.

Pros

the most helpful part of using Eventbrite is that I can automate my E-Mail campaigns and event invites for FREE! That's right, it cost my organization no money to automate event planning and E-Mail campaigns! The upside to Eventbrite is that you can set up campaigns months in advance. When I was leaving my job, I wanted to make sure that events and other activities did not fall through the cracks, so I automated event updates and reminders for the next two months after I left.

Cons

I dislike that the software does give you very much flexibility when it comes to creating content. There is a pretty set design potential for events that can become tiresome. It is also difficult to upload certain videos and images according to their different qualities.

Adrian from Boom Howdy

EventBrite Is The Future Of Outings

EventBrite is so easy to use and keeps so many different tickets to local events in one place. There's no reason not to use it. Have an event you want to sell tickets to something? Use Eventbrite. Buying tickets? Use Eventbrite. What are you waiting for!

Pros

EventBrite seems like it wouldn't stand out well, in a sea of other event apps. Yet here's the thing, when it comes to getting your tickets (not seats per se), this is the best app! From local plays, to wine-n-paints to film festivals, EventBrite make it all easy. Search for an event locally or in another state. Pay either with a card or several 3rd party options. Need a refund, they take care of it in the app.

Cons

There's a couple small little negatives that trip up the experience. It takes a few extra seconds to load up pages, searching doesn't always yield results. But that's about it!

Great option, depending on your needs!

I am very pleased with the services provided with Eventbrite. It streamlines and centralizes so many processes involved in planning a conference. It also helps us keep on track, advertise with social media, and track data on attendees. It's an incredible option worth considering, especially if you are hosting/leading a free event.

Pros

Eventbrite is an incredible platform for managing events and conferences. Here are a few reasons you'll enjoy it: - It's extremely user-friendly. Of course basic, background tech skills are helpful, but it's easy to get up and going and learn to navigate. - Similarly, the user interface is nicely designed. Nothing tricky or odd in my opinion - the webpage design just makes sense. - You can use it across multiple types of devices - not just limited to your laptop. - As long as your event is free, you can use Eventbrite for free - that's pretty incredible. - The web platform has always been quick and responsive with no glitches/errors. - It integrates seamlessly with many other platforms that you may be using when organizing an event (Sched, social media, etc.). This is great for promoting! - There are lots of customization features. I feel like I've only scratched the surface with all that's available. - Effortlessly creates scanning systems for participants. - Although not as powerful as the website, there is a mobile version that is growing with features. - I just love that Eventbrite streamlines so many things for me. Instead of having to jump between multiple tools/platforms for multiple purposes, Eventbrite centralizes a lot involved in our process.

Cons

I have very little to complain about with this platform, but I do think there is room for improvement with customer support. There response time was good, but could improve. It might be helpful to build out a better FAQ or help system in the website, since there isn't a lot of blogs or help available from other sources. Next, we offer a free event for educators, but I think the service charge would be expensive and cut into profits if our event was a paid conference.

Reasons for Choosing Eventbrite

Eventbrite was user-friendly, free to use for our event, and I was familiar with the platform from other conferences.

Mary Lee from Literature's Living Room (www.literatureslivingroom.com)

Industry: Writing and Editing

I would not recommend Eventbrite

My experience of Eventbrite has been very poor. It adds a great deal of time and worry to my working day whenever I have to use Eventbrite and follow up on it. Whenever possible, I avoid Eventbrite, and I have found that with some events and venues, while Eventbrite claims there is no availability, if one is able to circumvent Eventbrite and book directly, there is availability, so Eventbrite often seems a useless, even frustrating and counterproductive, unnecessary 'middle man.' I have had so many variedly negative experiences with Eventbrite, that recently, I decided for events that only book through it, if the event can be missed, it is more productive to not attend the event than deal with Eventbrite.

Pros

While I do not actually like anything about this software itself, I do like that, although with considerable difficulty, it enables me to book online for events. I simply wish that events would use different software in order to achieve the same end result of allowing booking online.

Cons

I find this software unwelcoming and overly complicated to achieve a seemingly simplistic task. It is even difficult to sign in, and I am rarely sure, even after receiving a confirmation e-mail if I have booked correctly. As a result, I regularly waste time calling the event venue the next day, if a number is provided, to check that all details have been accurately received, and often (not always, but more frequently than I regard as reasonable), despite having received a confirmation e-mail, had I not checked with the venue, I was not booked into the event, which for events with limited space is, of course, potentially especially problematic. As a culture writer, attending arts events is an important aspect of my job, and it is a great time waster and strain whenever an event is done entirely through Eventbrite, as I must check anything possible and still be nervous that I will have trouble attending a sometimes necessary event.

Jared from Kindful

Fantastic Event and Ticketing Platform

I decided to use Eventbrite for a ticketed event and didn't realize how their fee structure worked and how expensive it was. If I had known that sooner and done my research, I probably would've gone with an alternative like Ticketspice. Yes, I've used Ticketspice for nonprofit events and it's much more customizable and offers the option to track a portion of a ticket as tax deductible.

Pros

Eventbrite delivers a world-class event registration landing pages and overall management. Their UI is incredibly easy to navigate and so straightforward to setup a page quickly. They also offer free events so you can use Eventbrite for free if you're not charging for tickets. They also have a great community forum for every city where people can search for Eventbrite events happening near them and also receive email updates on these local events.

Cons

Eventbrite's landing pages are pretty hard-coded where there isn't a ton of flexibility to the design and overall branding. The system also isn't designed that great for nonprofits. Often for nonprofit events, a donor may buy a ticket where part of their transaction is tax deductible but another part is not. Eventbrite doesn't have a field to capture the tax deductible amount per ticket, so the nonprofit has to manually go in and calculate that amount per ticket when they're generating tax summaries to send at the end of the year.

Amy from Desktop Deputy Virtual Assistant

Industry: Executive Office

Promote, Invite, & Track your Event for Free!

Overall I love Eventbrite. I use it multiple times a week and our whole team uses it for all of our events. It is easy to be a host when all the information for your event is in one place.

Pros

I love that there is a free version available! We host many events, and Eventbrite gives us a venue to issue tickets, track attendees, and promote our events. I like that it's easy to create events, customize options, & order forms. You can print attendee lists an other reports, which really makes this a one-stop shop if you are hosting an event. I also like that there are paid options available to integrate with your already existing CRM platforms.

Cons

The only thing I can think of that I can knock on with Eventbrite is that sometimes it's hard to hide your events from those other than who it is intended for. It's a simple fix if you check a box, but if you forget it creates a mess of canceling orders for those who may already have your event information.

Radiah from C & M Floors, Inc

Always Something To Do

My overall experience with this software is great and cool to know if there a crofare is great.

Pros

Eventbrite is a great software when looking for things in your area and other areas too. They're always some events in the area.

Cons

So far I can't say anything bad. I love this software there's always something in my area to attend food or music too

Irina from Scenic USA

A great tool to sell tickets to your event and to promote it

I used Eventbrite when working on content migration for a big university's alumni clubs. We were creating all the clubs' events and membership subscriptions there as a temporary solution before witching to a new platform that had events integrated. The process of event creations was smooth, effective, and intuitive.

Pros

Evenbrite has a lot to offer to event organizers: a way to build an event page, a way to set up multiple tiers of tickets and discounts, to provide attendees with address and event summary, to add images and logos, and much more, and it they way of assembling all these is pretty straightforward and easy to master.

Cons

The event templates do not allow a lot of customization. Also, it takes some time how to add additional admins too the events and how to setup discount codes. But these all is more about the learning curve for the advanced features.

Jannatin from University of california, riverside

Industry: Chemicals

Great Way To Post and Sell Tickets For Events!

Overall, this Software is amazing and excellent for those who need to make events or attend events. Excellent tool to use to utilize as a reservation for events or you can actually have people pay for these events. Really simple, fun, and easy to use!

Pros

For someone who uses this both as a seller of tickets and buyer I love how as a seller it is easy to post an event and it can be really useful if you want to use it to make reservations. For us we would host a very important university event and in order to get a stable head count we would use it to make free tickets that are generated by this software. People would click our link to reserve and so that we can get a count or put a limitation to how ever many is attending our event. Then as someone who buys / gets tickets its super easy and quick and we dont need to make an account or the account is made in the process.

Cons

The only thing I didnt like was how sometimes the site design looks like it isnt an actual software because i had people asking if its trusted also probably because not much heard about it. But its a great service and other than that everything is great and easy to work with.

Anvita from Freelance

Eventbrite is Everything!!

Overall my experience with Eventbrite has been fun, positive, and exciting. I love searching for community, charity, and music events to go to with my friends and family. Especially in the summer, there are so many festivals and shows going on that it can be hard to keep track, and all I have to do is search the type of event I'm looking for or the date, or enjoy looking through what they have on their homescreen and scroll until I find something I'm interested in (which is usually never a long time!). I have really enjoyed my experience with Eventbrite and would highly recommend. I have registered for and gone to numerous events that I only discovered through eventbrite with my family and friends many often, and I will happily continue using it!

Pros

I LOVE using Eventbrite to find all the local events going on around me. I go to shows and events often and I love this website so much for having so many things that are going on in one place. I love the website, it looks alive, updated, and active. The website alone has a nice look that suits its own purpose. What I love most about this service is that I can find more intimate community events that are closer to me, such as 5K's and even charity golf events, etc. that I can't normally find on "bigger" event websites. There is a wide range of events to choose from, and I love that they include community and charity events as well. I also love the checking out process, it is so user friendly and I feel secure checking out. Oh I almost forgot- I also absolutely love that I can 'search' for what event, place, and date I am interested in. I can type in "charity" and an entire list pops up, and I really appreciate the convenience and central location of finding out what's happening around me.

Cons

As with most event and ticketing websites, there is a fee to check out when buying tickets for any events that are not free. This is to be expected, and probably the only thing I "dislike" about this service. Otherwise I love that I have a range of free and ticketed events to choose from, and that for free events I can go ahead and register from Eventbrite. No other complaints here!!

Aislinn from Entreflow Consulting Group

Entreflow Consulting Group's use of Eventbrite

It's good for anybody thats organizing an event obviously, the nice thing about Eventbrite is that it's free to use long as you're not charging for the event. There is a fee if you are charging for the event so the fees are 2.5% plus 99 cents transaction fee. So that's a service fee to Eventbrite for using their platform. Again, this is only if you're charging for the ticket, and then if there's a credit card use, then the credit card fee is 3.5% which is quite high, but when you factor in the time to chase attendees for invoice payments it's kind of a no brainer From an implementation perspective, it's super easy to use, you just have to sign up and then build out your event page. The usability is super easy peasy, there are some options that take a little longer to get used to, but overall it's quite easy to use.

Pros

The top feature for Eventbrite is that it's really easy to track events and the attendees that are coming to your events. You can create an event very easily, share it across multiple platforms, there's a direct link to your Facebook business events page from Eventbrite. Making it super easy to get the word out. You can track the events that are sent out and how people found your event so you can get a sense of where people are looking to find out about events and then put your efforts into advertising in those channels later on. You can print name tags which is really awesome, so if you have an event where you want to everyone to wear name tags, rather than getting everybody to write them out when they can show up and you already have them printed. And then finally, there is a huge audience that uses Eventbrite, so you'll find that getting the word out is a lot easier. People will do a search for types of events like yours, find your event, and show up which is great because you had to work very little to get them to come to your event.

Cons

So, some of the requested features; we would like to see more customization in the actual Eventbrite page itself and as well the emails that are sent out to your invitees. So at the moment, I think there's only two templates and you can't really do much to change the look and feel, or the text within it, so it would be great to be able to customize those features a little bit.

January 2016

Marc from Revenue River Marketing

January 2016

Solid Event Hosting Option With a Few Quirks

With a large number of "event applications" out there, Eventbrite has found its way to the top of that list thanks mostly to their easy to use interface and well thought out back-end that not only covers all of an event host's bases but also integrates with other areas of their marketing. Free to anyone who isn't requiring payment for tickets, Eventbrite makes it easy to quickly put together a good looking registration page fast, without the hassle of payment or subscriptions. The paid feature for anyone requiring ticket fees is a little more rigid in how the user can collect it's money which can make it a little tougher to work with depending on how badly you need the revenue from your ticket sales. The payment processing fees are still reasonable, though.

Pros

-Powerful system that provides a large number of great features (creating, promoting, tracking, checking-in, analyzing) for free -Event page creation is quick and easy. If you want something simple, you can be done in minutes. If you want to customize different areas of the design and registration process, you have that ability as well. -Integrations with outside marketing platforms like HubSpot and MailChimp allow the user to connect their other marketing platforms together to create the most powerful event marketing toolset you could ask for. -Relatively good analytics and reporting sections gives you solid insight into how successful your event was and where you can improve moving forward. -The mobile application (Neon) for event hosts makes checking in attendants a breeze by either scanning the printed tickets Eventbrite provides or just finding their name and swiping your finger across it! -Customer support is relatively attentive (I've averaged around 3-5 minutes on hold before speaking to a representative via phone) and the knowledge base they've set up on their website it pretty helpful when it comes to answering some of your intermediate-level questions around customization and platform functionality.

Cons

-The paid feature is a little rigid when it comes to payout structure compared to other options. You normally can't receive payout for your ticket revenue until your event ends, making it a tough option for those looking to promote an event months in advance who need the revenue now. Definitely something to consider. They provide early payout, but depending on how much revenue you're expecting to generate, that may not even be a viable option. -Customizing your registration page with your brand's colors, logos and images can be difficult and require some coding skills. You also won't be able to get rid of the Eventbrite branding so anyone looking for total design control may not like this option.

A solid simple event registration platform

This is a great solution for simple, straightforward events without too many options. Once you get a lot of different sessions or tracks and registration types, it either can't accommodate or becomes very complicated to manage. Like other tools of this nature, there is a bit of a generic feel to it but that is the compromise for a widely accepted overall, plug and play software. It is effective but there are other solutions that are similar or easier to use and offer more customization options. It is highly likely that we will replace this software with something else in the near future.

Pros

Eventbrite is fairly simple to use and has most the features you would want laid out so you can build an event registration form in steps. Once you set up your account(s) if you are accepting payments, it is straightforward to duplicate events to make new ones as long as they require similar details. There are custom fields you can create with logic behind them so different users may have different options depending on the access you choose for them. There are also ways to create discount codes or hidden fields with different levels of access. This is very useful when you have tired pricing at events and variable discounts to various groups.

Cons

A lot of the settings are in places that don't make much sense and you have to go to completely different sections of the admin section to find settings that you would think are closely related to each other. Some of the features are on by default and you might never notice them until after your event registration has launched. Even though most the settings are easy to change, you basically have to go over every tab, page and setting to be sure they are all correct before you launch your campaign. When you use the custom data fields and discount features, it isn't immediately clear how it all works and again, you need to go to a couple different pages to get them set up properly so it takes some trial and error.

Jessica from Power Plant Live!

Eventbrite Gets Ticketed Events Right

Working at a district that does dozens of ticketed events a year anywhere 100 guests to 5000 guests, Eventbrite has made getting people in the door a much faster and easier process. That long line of people waiting to come in quickly disappears because Eventbrite is so fast and easy to use. It has been a game changer for our ticketed events/concerts and I know it can help anyone else who is doing ticketed events as well.

Pros

This software is absolutely incredible for anyone doing ticketed events. You can easily see how many tickets are purchased, how many have checked in and the scanner feature is extremely easy to use. One of my favorite features with the Eventbrite scanner you are able to see if a ticket has already been scanned for that event and exactly what time it was scanned. That allows for less opportunities for people to pass tickets along that have already been used. I also live that you can download the app and turn your own smartphone into a scanner! GAME CHANGER! Switching to these scanners was a fantastic upgrade for our business.

Cons

There are only a few minor issues I have encountered but they are more with the actual event brite scanner than it is with the software. If it is extremely hot outside sometimes the batteries on the scanners can drain faster than normal, just make sure you have backups ready to go. They also will not scan tickets purchased from any other outside website (StubHub, Ticketmaster, etc) which is good and bad at the same time. Otherwise it is easy and a great tool for any and all ticketed events!

Marcus from UC Berkeley - Financial Aid

Automate and Streamline your Events!

Pros

Eventbrite serves as a semi automated planning service that is mostly free to use. It allows you to book events, invite a few or a mass of people via spreadsheet or other import functionality and schedule the timing of when the invites will go out. Furthermore, it can do follow up reminders and keeps track of who opened the invitation, the attendance, and what type of ticket was purchased. Most importantly, it allows you to offer many types of attendance tickets, including a virtual attendance option if you're livestreaming. This is crucial if you're trying to get an accurate headcount of people who will be physically in attendance at your event.

Cons

The multi user interface gets a bit tricky during set up. If you want multiple individuals managing your events, the set up is initially a bit taxing but once its up and working, there isn't an issue. There should just be a click and go functionality for assigning managers and users.

Reasons for Choosing Eventbrite

Eventbrite gives you a lot of customization within its template and offers you a handful of social media outlets to advertise the event in. It also supports Apple wallet.

Great functionality, amazing when listing free events, fees are a bit expensive for paid events

I organise a lot of professional networking events, some are free and some are paid for. Eventbrite offers me all the functionality I need to organise my event. I used Picatic until Eventbrite recently acquired Picatic. However, customer support from Eventbrite is very difficult, if not existent. So if you have a question not answered by the standard FAQ, such as, "Since Eventbrite acquired Picatic, how I can access my previous/ currently live events"?, the only way I could find customer support was by tweeting Eventbrite. So, Eventbrite is great if you can self-service and publish free events, but once you have quirky questions, be prepared that it will be difficult to establish contact to a human person who can answer.

Pros

Eventbrite has lots of functionality that you will need when organising and managing an event. It is very easy to use, plus it can integrate with other apps such as Mailchimp which comes in handy when broadcasting an event and Surveymonkey which comes in handy to send out feedback forms post an event. The back office functionality is great too -- you can email invitations directly without using Mailchimp if you wanted to. For users, it's easy and simple to register, plus Eventbrite offers a secure online payment option which is hassle free for both organiser and attendee.

Cons

2 things that I like the least about Eventbrite are: 1) Non-existent customer service. One of the reasons why I used Picatic (which they have now bought!) was due to their great customer service. You can chat with a real person who can help you with some of the questions which are not answered in their FAQs. 2) They're great if you have a free event, but if you have a paid event, their transaction fees are one of the highest in the market.

Simone from Support Circle

Industry: Philanthropy

Eventbrite makes life easier!

Pros

Easy to use. You can have your event ticketing up and running in minutes. I have been using Eventbrite for ticketing for about five years. It has helped make event management so much easier. I used it for school admissions and event purposes, for nonprofit fundraising events where tickets were complimentary, etc. It is easy to specify the exact questions for my guests, gathering data on them that helps me in other areas. Easy integration into websites and emails. I have recommended Eventbrite to so dozens of businesses, organizations and individuals. Easy to use product and with all that I often have going on, it's nice to know I can depend on Eventbrite to quickly make a difference.

Cons

You can search for a registration based on a registrant's name. However, you cannot print a report by Registrant's last name. Not being able to print a registration report by the name of the registrant is the only reason I gave this product four stars instead of five stars. Help screens are good. The help response I received was very clear and easy to follow. It would be nice to have a live person to do a chat box with or talk to but so far, all of my questions have been addressed either in the Help screens or when contacting support.

Abigail from United Way of Greater St. Louis

Free platform for nonprofits to utilize

Eventbrite is free for free events, easy to set up and looks professional.

Pros

I work at a nonprofit with a small marketing staff. Before using Eventbrite, we were building our events on our website which looked awful and dull. It would take a lot of time for not much reward. With Eventbrite, I can create a basic event in a matter of a few minutes. I can make it private or public to be shared with the Eventbrite community. Best of all, most of our events are free to enter, which means it's free to post them on Eventbrite. It's easy to check attendees in at the door, download reports, and communicate last-minute messages with registrants. Eventbrite is a great tool more companies should take advantage of.

Cons

In some instances, we've held events that require many conditional questions to be completed during registration. Unfortunately, Eventbrite doesn't allow the function of complex, conditional questions, which can really slow down the registration process. On the backend, the menu names aren't the most intuitive. There are certain functions that are difficult to find, such as where to cancel an order, but after expanding each sidebar menu, you can usually find which what you need. My biggest pet peeve with Eventbrite is that if you create an event that takes place more then five weeks away, ticket sales will automatically be set to end in five weeks from that date, regardless of when your event takes place. There have been many times when I've forgotten to change this default date and received complaints of ticket sales being closed weeks prior to an event. I wish Eventbrite would make the default date the date of the event.

Linda from Advent Funeral & Cremation Services

Eventbrite Keeps the Clouds Away from Your Event

My overall experience with Eventbrite has been great! I have read some unfavorable reviews but, that has not changed my mind. I have utilized Eventbrite for internal company events, planning external other social events and purchasing tickets to events. It easy to use and hassle free for the novice or the experienced party planner or event manager.

Pros

Planning an event can be difficult without the use of an event management software. My preference is Eventbrite. In today's society where people are so busy managing their own lives, its hard bring people together. From a moments notice, to 2-3 weeks in advance, using Eventbrite can make sure your event is anything but successful. Eventbrite offers tools to assure that you can keep up with the logical changes while you are on the go. It also makes it easier for invitees to respond while they are on the go. Its a win win with Eventbrite. It cost effective (no more purchasing expensive invitations and costly postage) and convenient.

Cons

Eventbrite needs to implement a 911 response team approach for customer service. Hit it, respond to it, solve it! Also, so many people are use the service now, I am unaware if it has safe guards against crashing and; if it does... what happens to my information? I do think that due to the high percentage of users at any given time, the system slows down considerably. This can be frustrating when trying to pay for an event or responding to an RSVP. The goal is stay focused on the goal. To assist users in planning and executing hassle, stressfree events.

Wanna go for events? The best place to find them instantly and track them over time.

Must watch application if you love staying up to date with events across the country..

Pros

I have been using this application for over a couple of years and attending events from time to time. It doesn't show you only the nearest events but within the country that makes use flexible to register and attend them based on our choice. I have attended various events listed by Microsoft, Google and others that regularly publish them for free to attend tech conferences and stuffs. Apart from this, it provides and interface where you can register for events, download tickets, receive notifications, manage your user profiles, filter events based on different categories or pricing, and much more.

Cons

Certain sections(common categories) keep repeating on the homepage of the application which could be avoided, although not sure if they wish to keep users engaged to click on them or for easy access. Could improve the user experience to some extent!!

Bryan from BTRcomputers

Awesome Stuff

What do you like best? If you know what you like and you choose your interests accordingly, the recommendations are always spot on. It's hard not to find something that would interest you and there are always lots of free events. I had to download the app before I moved to Glasgow because I bought a conference ticket through Eventbrite, but then I started to tinker with it out of curiosity and it quickly became a very useful tool. I was new in the city and it quickly exposed me to a lot of stuff I wouldn't have known about otherwise, I even managed to sneak into an Industry Day type event only older students were supposed to know about (and it was great, by the way). What do you dislike? I can't think about any major things I disliked about this service. There used to be some synchronisation issues between what I was doing on my laptop and what I was doing on the Android app, but they seem to be gone now. Not being able to see your own location when you click on the map is mildly inconvenient if you're in a hurry, but most of the time I add the events to my planner in advance and just clicking on the location I typed in there will take me to Google Maps. The only problem with this is that Google Maps could lead you to the wrong place if it has a similar name, I once went to the Patrick Terminal for something that was supposed to be in the City Centre and, earlier than that, it led me to some random agency in the City Centre for a photography exhibition that was actually in the East End. Recommendations to others considering the product You should only pick the interests you actually have. That's what the settings are for and even if you're afraid of missing out on something else, looking for events in an overwhelming sea of information isn't exactly productive. What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized? Animation is a terribly competitive industry and you need lots of experience and connections to actually get inside. Even going to events that are only half related, like the ones about film, design, art, computer games and so on will get you into mailing lists, local and global communities and all kinds of other things you wouldn't have found out about by yourself. This creates a chain reaction and a lot more opportunities will find their way to you.

James from Cox Enterprises

Helped our Check-in time by 55%!!! YES 55%!!

Ease-of-use, Great Simple Solution that is WIDELY Accepted and Embraced by the Users! I'd like more (easier) customization options for the novice, but I know I cannot have everything. Some of that may be me as I worked with Apple quite a bit and their Training and documentation my have me biased. They have a bite-sized Micro-learning modules for just about everything! We've used at least three others and this is leaps & bounds better than those!

Pros

OK 1) Easy-to-use Interface 2) Outstanding Central Hub for an Event 3) Helped us to Sell Tickets and Take Registrations - made it a lot easier to do and explain "how to do" for others 4) Whether at my desk or mobile at-the-event I can see and access everything! 5) User-Experience continually comes in at well-above 95% - Better than anything we've ever used! 6) Eventbrite's honesty because they tell what it CAN DO and then they help you to figure out (using a 3rd Party) to get what you want ! I am not going to go on and on, but I guess I just did! Lots to Eventbrite!

Cons

I'd like to get payout/ticket rev before the event ends, but I suppose it could be us. Also, I am not savvy as I should be to change/update colors/graphics/look-and-feel, so for me it was a lot of launch campaign, but forgot____... Or did not clearly know how to ____. I did access their online tools/FAQs and other training, it was just OK, not stellar. However though, I deal a lot with outstanding companies (Apple) that provide bite-size micro-learning modules for just about everything, so maybe it's just my bias.

Drew from Middle Georgia State University

Streamlines the Concert Going Experience

As a huge live music fan, Eventbrite has been a great way for me to find and organize my live music itinerary. They are my go-to option for discovering local music events, and the ease with which you can purchase tickets and use them in other apps (such as Apple wallet) has really made the concert going experience easier for me. I appreciate the smooth functionality of the app, and its suggestions about events I would enjoy based on those I have previously attended. Highly recommended.

Pros

Eventbrite presents a very smooth interface, and is a great and easy way to discover and purchase tickets to events. I love it that it allows you to add any tickets purchased through the software to your Apple wallet, and I also appreciate that it keeps an archive of all the past tickets that you've used through them; for those like me who enjoy keeping their physical tickets as a memento of sorts, this app does it for your digital tickets automatically. All of my transactions with Eventbrite feel safe and secure.

Cons

One time I purchased tickets for a concert, but ended up missing it due to something unforeseen coming up. This was the only event that the app did NOT keep a record of - the tickets have disappeared from my past archive. I would like to see this tweaked where the app saves not only the tickets used, but also those unused.

Reliable and easy to use

Pros

Eventbrite is extremely versatile. I have used it to create events, to purchase tickets or RSVP to events and frequently, to search for events. To create an event page, Eventbrite makes it as easy as possible for you. From there, you have easy access to who is and isn't attending, and also receive a guestlist for your event which you can use for check-in. From personal experience on the user side, I love that once you've RSVPed, you get a clear confirmation email that allows you to easily 'add' the event to your calendar of choice (or you can do this from the Eventbrite page right after you've RSVPed), and Eventbrite plugs in all the relevant information into your calendar. This always saves me so much time and usually encourages me to attend the event. I imagine that the participants signing up for events I have created in the past have also enjoyed this feature.

Cons

There is not a lot of customization available. You don't get to control the font/size or other design-related aspects of the event page so the event information and photo are all presented in the same way for each event. I have, in the past, generally used Eventbrite in combination with other softwares, e.g. a FB event page (that links to the Eventbrite for RSVPs).

Meagan from Give Local York

Couldn't do my job without Eventbrite

I couldn't do my job without Eventbrite. The easiest way to sell tickets to your events, fundraisers, galas, etc.

Pros

Eventbrite is amazing for event planners or anyone who ever hosts a gathering, event or activity. It's super easy to set up, integrates with Facebook, has its own email feature (or connects with MailChimp, etc.) You can create coupon codes, password-protected events, free events, etc. There's an app to help with check-in or on-site purpose. It's really the best all-in-one ticketing software.

Cons

If you're running a super specialized event or event series, this may not be the best option for you. For example, we run a Theatre Festival with multiple performances a night for one week. We used Eventbrite for the first year, but have since switched to a specific theatre ticketing platform. Eventbrite is great for general use but may not fit every planner's need.

A from Ballard

It's the customer service cycle that never ends

I sent an email on Tuesday and haven't heard back from Eventbrite. I have spent hours on their blogs and I still have several missing questions. I called there on-boarding program and you can only leave a voicemail. I'll update if I hear back from them in the 24 hours they promise. A few technical items: - It would be great if the reserved seating function let customers reserve their own seats AND it forced them to reserve seats without allowing to have an empty seat in-between. You can see this function by reserving seats at the Hale Center Theater (https://hct.org/). - It would be great if someone could purchase tickets using a promo code AND purchase un-comped tickets at the same time (instead of having to go back into the system and starting all over to buy more tickets after the comped tix were obtained). If you have to go into the system twice you may not be able to sit next to your friends. We need this functionality because we give our VIP's a certain amount of comped tickets and then they have first access to purchasing extra tickets for their friends. We'd love for them to sit together.

Pros

It's great for general admission. And good for reserved seating.

Cons

(1) Customer service. So far it has been almost impossible to get a hold of them. (2) Reserved seating does not allow customers to select their own seats AND refuse them from leaving an empty seat. Hale Center Theater allows you to do both. You can see more at https://hct.org/online/. I'd love to see Eventbrite incorporate this feature. Maybe they do but I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone and started reaching out on Tuesday. It's Friday. (3) Comped Tix: Can't purchase comped tix and non-comped tix at the same time. Must go back into the system to buy more tix.

Response from Eventbrite

Replied February 2017

Hello A.Gett, I'm sorry to hear about your recent frustrations and can understand how this would make for a less than satisfactory experience. Unfortunately, we are experiencing longer wait times than normal and are working hard to get back to our normal turn around times. I was unable to find an email with the provided information here, but I can assure you we will get back to you with detailed information related to all of your questions listed. We want all of our customers to get the help they need and will be sure to pass this feedback along. If you left a voicemail with our New Organizer team, I can assure you they will get back with you as soon as possible and I've made sure to alert them to keep an eye out for your voicemail and have passed your questions along to them. Thank you again for your patience and we look forward to resolving your questions. Carrie Eventbrite Customer Experience

David from Google Developer Group Trento

Must have for event organization

Very good! It is very useful, as an organizer, to keep track of everything. As a user, I find it very cool as well.

Pros

I like that Eventbrite allows you to organize events, distribute the tickets, keep track of the public, check them in and have some cool analytics on it. Everything in one place! It allows you to send the invitation, check to see if there were bounces, who has clicked and many other things. In our Google Developer Group, we also send a lot of emails to our public to remember them what to bring or the calendar of the event. It's very cool

Cons

The event's description editor is very poor and lacks a lot of features. They should copy Medium ( as for the part of editor tools ). Furthermore, compared to Craigslist, the fees they take from the tickets are big! Another feature they lack is the complete integration with Google Pay. I understand that they want you to use their app to explore and check-in but it would be super cool if the user could add his/her ticket from the Eventbrite app into the Google Pay one.

Reasons for Choosing Eventbrite

Completeness of product, good mobile app ( user and organizer side ) many features to manage tickets and public

Justina from AUO

Eliminates the need for physical invitation cards.

Pros

Eventbrite provides me with an easy way to register friends and families for events. It perfectly eliminates the need to share invitation cards to closed associates ; as I can simply send a mass,one-click email invite to everyone. Eventbrite also allow recipients of the event invite to either print out the invite or download it as a .pdf file on their smartphone. More importantly, this platform enable me check-in attendees by using the Eventbrite Organizer mobile app. to scan QR codes on event tickets.

Cons

Eventbrite becomes very costly when you offer paid tickets on the platform. Apart from the initial charge,which allow you create the event on the platform, there is a ten percent charge on the total amount of tickets sold via the website.

Nick from Ramapo Indian Hills High School District

Great for Free Events!

I have been happy with Eventbrite. This is a solid event hosting/creation program with a great interface and userability. Managing events/conferences etc can be tedious and time consuming and this will help take a lot of the legwork off your plate.

Pros

Working in education, there are a lot of events I like to put together, and not everything has a cost, but the ability to track attendees etc is still needed. Eventbrite doesnt charge for free/small events! Everything is easy for the basic user to do. There are a number of customization features you can apply and it even integrates with website builders pretty easily. I have been on both ends using Eventbrite, both as an organizer putting it together, and an end user, making a purchase or attending an event via Eventbrite and the interface is simple on both sides. There is also an app to use on your phones.

Cons

There are a number of customization features, but colors aren't one of them but this is pretty minimal as an issue. I just want to get the even up and running and promote it to allow for people to register and all of that works with Eventbrite. It has taken off and you really can't go far without seeing it being used.

Chethan from Infosys Limited

Eventbrite is a web based Event Management Service to create and promote events.

Pros

Eventbrite is a Website Event Management Service. Eventbrite allows the users to quickly create and manage events. In EventBrite, One can easily create the events and circulate across the community, do promotions, get the RSVPs, sell the tickets, print tickets and many other features. In Eventbrite, one can easily design the events and share it across asking the recipients to show interest and buy the tickets if its require payments. The Payment gateway within Eventbrite allows user to pay in multiple ways. The Admins who create the events can easily manage within Eventbrite, Admins can export the data, look at the summary in the dashboard, get details as per the ticket type etc. Eventbrite is easy to use with the mobile App, one can provide the options to enter discount codes, perform email marketing, and other paid advertising integrations.

Cons

Eventbrite has its own disadvantages. Its not fully Free for users. Only if the events are Free then the events can be setup Free of Cost. If there is any ticket cost for the event then one has to go for the Eventbrite Paid solution options, It does allow to pass the Eventbrite payment to pass on the attendees but overall it does involve a cost and not fully Free for the event organizers. It does not has good registrant tracking options. Eventbrite is recommended if the event is comparatively on a small scale and specific community focused.

Great Way To Bring More People To Your Events!

Eventbrite has been extremely helpful for our library. We cannot only advertise through them but also limit the group size by being able to offer online tickets. This has been amazing in helping us keep events more streamline and manageable. In addition, when tickets "run out", we are able to see the need to offer perhaps other slots of an event or programs of a similar nature in the future.

Pros

Eventbrite is a great tool for small groups, especially non profits like our library, to get the word out to a larger audience and even connect them to our in house calendar of other events. Users of Eventbrite may not necessarily be looking for "library programs" but are merely perusing local events and they come across us alongside even paid types of activities, concerts, etc. People who might never see us because they aren't regular library users will come to know us because we were billed alongside more widely know groups.

Cons

As with any new tool there is a learning curve but once we figured out the ins and outs of copying and pasting links to Eventbrite into our in house calendar it couldn't be simpler.

Rita from Sundial Group

Can you even organise an event without Eventbrite?

great, we are able to sell tickets to our events without the trouble of having to organise it ourselves!

Pros

Whether we are organising a free event (Wedding Fair) or a paid one (Cinema nights) we always use Eventbrite. It's easy to use and set up, it integrates with the CRM we use (Hubspot). It collect the money for you, shows you analytics, stats, reports. All very accessible and organised which is great when you're busy organising all the other aspects of your event. They also have a chat functionality and a help centre where you can find pretty much answers to all questions you might have.

Cons

I would say is that they Eventbrite fee is a little bit higher than we would like to pay (for paid events only, as there's no charge for free events), but with this being said we still always use it and sell the tickets for all of our paid events through it, even if someone comes directly to us to buy a ticket, we will send them our Eventbrite link. The other thing that we would love would be if you could sponsor your events on Eventbrite so that if someone is browsing all events on eventbrite, somehow you could sponsor your event to show at the top.

Reasons for Choosing Eventbrite

Leading product of it's kind in the industry!

Easy to use event management tool with lots of features

Because Eventbrite has so many features, it saves a lot of time when it comes to managing events such as collecting ticket fees from buyers online. We are also able to list and track multiple events, and share the registration links through emails and social media to reach a large audience.

Pros

A lot of great features. I like that you can create sign in sheets for events easily by exporting reports into Excel. You can easily clone events. It's easy to collect payments via credit card, or you can set up it so participants can pay later (via check or other methods). You can customize questions and even add promo codes so attendees can purchase tickets for free or at a discount. Designing your event is relatively simple and you can choose from several templates. You can manage your events and attendees easily with Eventbrite.

Cons

Eventbrite takes a certain percentage of your ticket sales, and charges a service fee, even though you don't choose the pay by credit card option. Your company can absorb the fee or pass it on to the buyer though. Unfortunately, they don't offer discounted rates for nonprofits.

Bukola from DRS Data Services

Eventbrite makes my social life interesting.

Pros

Eventbrite is user friendly due to its user interface. It makes it very easy to sign-up for an account and create events. Eventbrite eliminates the need for companies to build and manage their own in-house event management solution. On the part of consumer users , I use Eventbrite to find interesting events happening around my location ; thus I can say Eventbrite makes my social life more fun.

Cons

We have had occasions where we receive information about a person interested in our event and it turns out they submitted a wrong email address. In this situation , it would had been nice to be able to collect phone numbers of people registering for events.

Joy from Idlewild Elementary PTA

Event Easy with Eventbrite

I love this product. It offers all of the features for which I was looking when planning my event. I like the privacy toggles, the ability to make guests visible or not, the variety of options for templates and customization on the free side of the platform. When I initially used it, I had little experience and was able to navigate the program, complete my invitation, and manage it within less than an hour! It was so easy and looks great. The notifications are helpful in planning my RSVP's and the ability to notify folks en mass of a change to the event is helpful! The ONLY feature I wish it had is a phone message option for those guests on my list who choose to not have email. :) Great features, functionality, and product!

Pros

Easy-to-use functionality of templates and event set-up was turn-key! The templates were varied and graphically pleasing. The set-up was intuitive and made the process efficient with flare!

Cons

Honestly had to really think about what I liked least because I liked so much! I think the only thing that gave me a bit of anxiety was a few times when I was in the draft/edit phase I was concerned I had sent the message out prior to finalizing it. The "update" button had me a wee bit confused as to whether or not I had made it go live to the guest list since the "Save and Send Later" button was on a separate page. I took the risk and clicked "update" and was happy to see that it indeed saved the draft without sending and I was able to make edits before releasing to the guest list multiple times.

Jenn from Music Venue

About as good as any other ticketing service, better than some

I'm a house manager at two different small performance venues that have switched to Eventbrite from other services within the last couple of years. In some ways the adjustment has been tough but overall we're pretty happy.

Pros

Great mobile app, where the customer can save a ticket to their 'wallet' and have it pulled up for us to scan when they get to the box office. Many customers don't have this figured out but luckily there's always also an attachment to the confirmation email which also has the QR code we need, or we can pull up like a will call list on our scanner's app or print it out on paper - lots of ways to make it work makes that process pretty smooth. I love the functionality integrating with Facebook, where a) you can sell tickets directly from a FB event, like not even navigating away from that FB page for the sale, and also b) it's very easy to create a fb event from the admin backend of an event's ticket page.

Cons

It seems like with the recent acquisition of Ticketfly, many reps who came over from there weren't really trained on the differences with this new service, and aren't much more helpful than just clicking around and figuring it out on your own.

Molly from Imagine One Events

Top Notch Customer Service!

Pros

The ease of use right from the very start. It's so easy to get your event up and running with minimal steps. They also make it easy to customize your event to stand out. We use Eventbrite for all our events. We recently had an event get postponed two hours before the event because of a sudden, unexpected snow storm. It became a complicated situation to resolve, but eventbrite quickly stepped in to help us get it sorted for the rescheduled date. Their team truly went above and beyond

Cons

That I can't add a sub user that already has account to my event. It means my team has to create multiple accounts to run different events for our clients.

Jeffrey from 3D Financial Solutions Raymond Jame

Great Resource for Marketing Events

I've found amazing networking opportunities using Eventbrite, and have successfully promoted events using Eventbrite.

Pros

Eventbrite is my go-to for anything event related. If I'm looking to network, this is where I look first. If I'm planning an event, this is where I post it. I love that you can filter for events that fit a specific type (Charity, business, tech, food,etc.) within a specified location. It's really a fantastic resource for finding events for networking within your desired niche, or finding events that match your hobbies or interests. On the event hosting side, it's also really great -increased your visibility to your event -it's free unless you charge for tickets but they only take a small percentage of sales -you can segment ticket purchase options -It even allows you to collect attendee informations like emails, phone numbers, etc. -Automatically sends an invite to add to attendees calendars Just a great tool for events!

Cons

What would be great is integrations beyond social media platforms. Integrations with marketing tools like email automation software and CRMs would be a great addition to the platform.

Greg from Civil Air Patrol

Excellent registration process for our events.

Free registration tracking program with little or not cost. Historic tracking of member engagement with our events. Ability to do credit card processing for paid events, while still getting free access for events with no ticket costs.

Pros

Eventbrite doesn't charge for events that don't have a registration fee. It gives me a full-featured registration program for my non-profit's events so I can track flow of communication, know who signed up and track event participation across the year. We only pay fees for the events that have an associated cost for attendance.

Cons

The software is so robust, there is a significant learning curve and it can be easy to miss one of the fields for communication that goes to attendees. Recently, there was a poorly worded addition to the Terms of Service that caused a bit of a flareup....claiming IP rights to things way out of line!....but management rolled that back pretty quickly. (If staff have a desire to write ToS that is out of line, will it happen again after this flareup settles down?? Be vigilant...)

Jason from Case Western Reserve University

Event Registration Couldn't Be Easier

Pros

Before Eventbrite, my organization used a Google Form to collect event registration details. Eventbrite completely changed the tone of events. From personalized email invitations, to designing a registration page and form, to reports, automated reminders and more, it's a great tool for any event organizer - large or small.

Cons

Depending on your registration cost, fees can easily add up. You'll have to plan on absorbing those fees or passing them along to the recipient.

Diana from Partner Hero

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

I'm grateful we discovered Eventbrite!

Eventbrite has facilitated my business life so much that I've even persuaded my coworkers from other departments to start using it! The feature I love the most from Eventbrite is that it provides the option to create access codes in order for our attendees to redeem our previous offers or rates. We've had other scenarios where they purchased a registration but ask for the previous rate so we had to refund, and it't very easy to locate their registration and proceed with the partial refund. This makes my job lot faster!

Pros

It offers the option to create access codes and promo codes that can be given to specific customers by sharing the URL/link for them to redeem

Cons

When transferring the ticket to another attendee through "edit", I loose track of the origin of were the ticket came from since the initial name disappears at all.

Molly from Be Music MGMT

We use Eventbrite for all our events!

Pros

I love Eventbrite because they have top notch customer service. They always are quick to solve any issues I may have. It is a breeze to set up events, even multiple date events. I love how the back end makes it easy to see how many tickets were sold, how much net/gross, and linked pixels. All our team can use it and understand how to make changes which says a lot because we have quite a few that wouldn't consider themselves tech savvy.

Cons

There are actions that I wish I could complete like hiding certain dates that are linked to other dates. It isn't possible, but the customer service helped me find a workaround.

Ashley from Florida State University

I use Eventbrite for collecting event registrations.

Pros

I use Eventbrite a LOT, for a lot of different types of events. I love that Eventbrite can be molded to match a lot of the events I'm doing. Some are free events where I need to collect user information, others are paid events where I have to collect dietary information for meals, and other events could just be a place for me to collect payment for a collective order. No matter the event, I've found a way to use Eventbrite and save myself so much time! I use to use internal spreadsheets for everything, and accept mailed payments. Thanks to Eventbrite, I can share a link and move on to the next task on my list!

Cons

Eventbrite can do so much, it's really irreplaceable. I think something that could take Eventbrite to the next level is a seating arrangement function. I think they have the ability to allow buyers to select their seats, but I have some events where I assign seating. It'd be great to take the registration list and assign them a seat, all on Eventbrite.

Sara from Focus Mobility

Eventbrite - Best in Class for Networking Events

Pros

The online registration, ticketing, and social sharing aspects have led to Eventbrite becoming an industry standard. As industries, and institutions have continued to adopt it, and global penetration expands it's reach, the ability to identify events based on topical relevance anywhere can facilitate the orchestration of communities and help them grow. It not only helps get the word out, but it increases effectiveness of collaborations across institutional silos or barriers to facilitate learning, and participation. The ability to monetize on a tiered basis (even offering free access), manage levels of participation and customize, share content, and find similar events, all contribute to the value and enable participants to become more involved to achieve shared goals.

Cons

The ability to create microsites for events that could be linked to a sponsors website where dynamic and interactive content could be updated may enhance future versions.

Jessica from WFPS RUN Inc.

Excellent Reg Management System for Us.

Excellent. Customer service has been great. Woudl recommend

Pros

Smooth transittion from a previous product. Easy to use, easy to set up, customizable and intergrates with other technologies

Cons

Customization only goes so far. Anything extreme and complex (mutiple education classes/sessions) woudl probably require a more complex system.

Leon from BairesDev

Simple, easy and great.

Eventbrite has helped me not only by facilitating event creation, but also by helping me find events around me. I think that even if you do not need to create an event, you should totally try it out if you are the kind of person always looking to do something new and exciting.

Pros

Eventbrite is a simple, functional and reliable for both event makers and users. Creating an event is as simple as creating a social media post, you can even organize free local events around your area, manage ticketing , reserved seating among others. The Interface is very straightforward and supply many options in how to create or search for an event. Is the source to many cultural phenomenoms happening around the world. Evenbrite has hosted in their website/app some of the most important events regarding culture, arts and music in my homeland, and I've seen this happening all over the world, it probably hosts some of the most meaningful recreational activities. It has a large catalogue of things to do, both free and paid ones.

Cons

Getting a hold of Customer support is nearly to impossible. This is the only downside I can really think of when speaking of Eventbrite.

Great Product. If you're simple.

The company has clearly focused on destroying the eco system that Ticketmaster had cornered. They've done it. The platform they provide is great and I hope to see them develop even more modules for event planners to use and grow their event. I DO wish that they would offer some of the abilities that their RFID products have into eTickets as well and that they would offer that functionality at my current tier.

Pros

- ease of use - visibility to consumers via their consumer facing product - flexibility in payment for customers - how quickly you can get an event up and running - lots of plugins for your site/mobile/affiliates

Cons

- No cross selling opportunities (would love to sell tickets for additional attractions when they buy admission) - Doesn't allow for complicated packages (at least at our tier) - to upgrade costs more than we've ever spent on ticketing system and requires a pretty solid contract - More complicated packaging of tickets -- ie: ticket to enter, plus beer token, plus parking, plus etc. etc. with the ability to add money on demand

Virginia from Zenergy Technologies

It is like the "easy button" for event-planning

Pros

Eventbrite is simple, intuitive, and makes event-planning incredibly easy. This application allows you to create both free and paid-events. If you are enrolled in a subscription for a paid-event, you can choose to opt-out at any time with no additional fees attached, etc. Because of the increase in visibility, this application provides, we have received more registrants for our events through organic traffic (more than often our registrants come from direct traffic or referrals). Eventbrite also captures various analytics on your events (that can be viewed within the applications dashboard or easily exported) that help you analyze and understand your audience, where your traffic is coming from, and keep track of sales, etc. One of its best features is the availability to access details and analytics on your event at any time, from any advice, so you can save on time and focus on other important matters.

Cons

The free version does not provide you with the option to ask registrants questions when they are in the process of purchasing their tickets. The ability to ask questions was beneficial to our company because it helped us gage our registrants level of experience and/or areas of interest, to better understand how to engage with them during events, etc.

Michael from Six Seconds

Solid Platform; Lacking Some Features

My organization hosts events all over the world and Eventbrite has been a life saver. It helps us both get the word out and track trends over time.

Pros

It's free, to start at least, and just an amazing way to track and analyze attendance at a wide variety of events. It's easy to create events and share them across multiple platforms.

Cons

The fees start to add up if you are charging for the event and paying to use Eventbrite. The credit card fee of 3.5% seems particularly high to me. Also, the emails and event pages are not very customizable. I think there are only a couple email templates, so some variety there would be nice.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 2,389 reviews