All Eventbrite Reviews

Rachel

Religious Institutions, 2 - 10 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed April 2021

Changed the way we do events

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed July 2020

Eventbrite for Beginners

Our goal is to encourage our Facebook audiences to attend more virtual events and provide them with the exact information and details they need, all housed in one concise place and Eventbrite has been the perfect tool for us. The analytics and reporting are very robust, especially for a free plan.

PROS

The setup and ease of use for a first time Eventbrite user/manager was incredibly easy and seamless. The feature that is most useful to us is the Facebook event integration - and the best part - it's free. This way, our social media audiences can register for tickets directly through the Facebook event published on Facebook. It's such a powerful feature and so incredibly easy to setup.

CONS

I wish there was an abilitty to make updates to the address after an event has already been published. With COVID-19, we had to shift from an in-person event to make it a virtual event and because we had to change the address, Eventbrite woudn't allow it. Suggestion - if an address needs to be changed, Eventbrite could automatically send an email to the list of attendees or a calendar notification of the change. The Mailchimp feature is extremely limited and I have trouble understanding what exactly the purpose of it is. I have not doubt that Eventbrite will enhance it in the future with incorporate more robust functions because Eventbrite is really great with continually improving their tools.

Reason for choosing Eventbrite

The Facebook integration was seamless and is a very powerful feature, that's also free.

Stephanie

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2023

Good for event promotion and ticketing/applications

I enjoy that Eventbrite lets me "follow" groups whose events I'm interested in, so that I can be notified whenever they post a new event. Eventbrite provides high-definition live streaming of the events and real-time interaction with attendees.

PROS

Eventbrite has made it so simple for me to organize and host an event. All the fundamentals are laid out in a clear fashion, which simplifies management. You can also look back at past events you've made, which can be a wealth of information. One of the features I appreciate best is the ability to administer multiple "organizations" (profiles) from within the same account.

CONS

When it comes time to make the abbreviated URL to promote the event, I always seem to get flustered. There's room for development there, and the ensuing connection might be integrated into the production of the event as a whole, in my opinion.

Reasons for switching to Eventbrite

Organizing, publicizing, and participating in gatherings related to our educational and accelerator initiatives. As a result of how quick and simple it is to complete each step, we are able to get back to our regular work more quickly whenever it comes time to organize another event.

Rita

Consumer Goods, 5,001-10,000 employees

My Eventbrite Experience

PROS

I love that it is an easy website to use for events whether I am hosting a small event of 25 people or less or if I am attending an event.

CONS

The only thing I dislike is an additional payment option which is Apple Pay, besides that everything is great.

Javier

Music, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Crazy High Ticketing Fees - Froze My Payouts During COVID - Won't Stand By Agreement

Extremely painful.

PROS

Eventbrite is easy to use. It's designed well.

CONS

Customer service really stinks at Eventbrite. They're just looking to get paid. Their fees are high, sometimes 15-20% depending upon your ticket price. They had agreed on our festival to payout daily leading up to the event but changed their mind when COVID hit (to hoard cash and save themselves while screwing their event organizers.) Now they are expecting people to pull off multi-million dollar festivals without collecting any of their ticketing money up front. The worst part is they froze our payouts without telling us, until one day we noticed the lack of deposits and logged into Eventbrite to find it. Surprise surprise! They have refused to renegotiate the contract but also refuse to release funds so we can pull off our event. Eventbrite is going to bring the event industry crashing down due to the way they handled COVID.

Reason for choosing Eventbrite

A better negotiated deal originally - see previous question.

Reasons for switching to Eventbrite

A better negotiated deal originally - but they did not stick by their deal as they stopped paying out before the event once the pandemic hit causing us major cashflow issues. Lesson we learned: you can't trust what Eventbrite tells you.

Earl

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Mastering Events

I find Eventbrite to be a reliable platform for event planning. Its user-friendly interface and comprehensive tools simplify organizing and promoting events efficiently.

PROS

I like Eventbrite's user-friendly interface and comprehensive tools that simplify event planning, promotion, and management. It offers efficient solutions for organizers and attendees, contributing to successful and enjoyable events.

CONS

While Eventbrite is generally effective, I would say that the fees associated with ticket sales can be a drawback for some organizers. It's important for users to weigh the costs against the benefits of using the platform.

Leslie

Hospital & Health Care, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

An excellent avenue for up to date events

Very good, throughly enjoyed every event I’ve gone to and the ease of booking on an event, paying and getting the reminders are all helpfil

PROS

Really like the emails to let me know what’s going on that may be of interest to me

CONS

Some events are irrelevant as are too far afield

elizabeth

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Great Event Planning

Eventbrite is an easy website to explore and plan events without too much effort. I love the fact there are already organizations that I can follow in my area, creating an event with AI makes the process less complicated and quicker. Overall A+

PROS

The ability to scroll through different events, not just food and music. Business, hobbies, health performing arts, etc. Makes it easy to plan around the holidays for staff or family events, locally as well as in multiple states for family trips and reunions.

CONS

I have not found any negatives but you could add Hawaii to top destinations.

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Pretty good

PROS

I found it easy to setup an event and collect ticket information and payments.

CONS

I wish I could collect custom information more easily. I had reporting requirements that made compliance harder without those fields.

Christina

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed February 2024

Hiding Gem

I have been getting tickets through Eventbrite for a few years. I love that you can browse different events with ease.

PROS

There are so many events on Eventbrite that you can not find in other places. The fees are not like other sites and it is easy to get back to your event.

CONS

Most events are no refund but they do allow you to give to someone else.

Tami

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Great when hosting events

PROS

I love the user friendly Eventbrite when I am planning an event/party. Helps me track attendees to prepare for the events

CONS

I have not found anything that I dislike

Charmaine

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Thumbs up to Eventbrite

PROS

As a user, it is very easy to use, you click the event you like, you put your email, pay if it needs to and checkout fast. It sends you a confirmation right away and you receive notification or reminder upon the events. Even my old colleagues who were very into RSVPs in a very-old fashion way can figure out how to book an event for themselves and checkouts. As an administrator, posting an event is very easy, it has automatic payment processing, basically, it's like posting a regular post and Eventbrite does the rest. I don't have to send invitations to everyone individually, waiting for them to pay and to confirm.

CONS

Everything actually looks fine, it's just money-wise, everyone wants something free especially since I'm only using it once or twice a month. There was one time that I was about to charge more than I expected too, but it's a good thing Eventbrite did something about fixing it.

Reasons for switching to Eventbrite

Everything now actually works out on zoom, especially since the group is away from each other and that most of the people just want to stay home and attend meetings, events, and seminars online. So we do everything on zoom.

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed September 2020

Truly the best event ticketing software out there.

I'm so glad to be able to continue using Eventbrite. The value for the product is really exceptional. I'd especially recommend to nonprofit users who produce live event programming.

PROS

There's something about the Eventbrite platform that feels particularly inclusive. I really like how customizable it is, and it's easy to train on. I'm also a big fan of their reporting and analytics.

CONS

I have nothing bad to say about this particular software. I've never experienced an issue while using it. I'd say it would be great if Eventbrite had more software integrations.

Reason for choosing Eventbrite

It's the most popular event ticketing software out there for a reason.

Reasons for switching to Eventbrite

The design of the platform looks better, and the functionality is far more robust.

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed March 2021

Extremely helpful tool for organizing an event

Eventbrite provides great flexibility to customize the registration form, ticket types, promo code, guest lists, and analytic report based on our needs. Also, the service fee and price are transparent. I have used another ticket selling platform, the price appeared to be cheaper than Eventbrite, however, there is hidden cost within it that I was not aware of.

PROS

The app are is very easy to navigate and is very convenient to do check-in. I have used the Eventbrite app to check in guests in an event with around 1000 attendees. The app saves us much time and we can easily get the attendance of our guests as a useful data.

CONS

There are many functions and features for the analytic report, it took me a while to familiarize every function. However, once I figure them out, I can access to very useful data and reports that help me organize my future events.

Reasons for switching to Eventbrite

I used Squarespace to sell tickets via our organization's website. It gave us flexibility, however, we have face many difficulties to do check-in. Squarespace does not generate barcodes to attendees so that we have to check their info manually.

Reviewed January 2022

Eventbrite top event management and ticketing website

Eventbrite free conference management software provides easy access to your ticket Eventbrite provides best -in -class conference management software. It powers your events with data insights, built-in-intelligence and next generation marketing tools

PROS

Eventbrite brings people together through live experience.. Eventbrite enables anyone to create, promote, and sell tickets to any event. It is global self service ticketing and experience technology platform

CONS

It is easy easy to use and it makes your event a success. Eventbrite provides the best online event management.

Reasons for switching to Eventbrite

Eventbrite has the best conference management software

Sophia

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Eventbrite Review from Sophia

Overall great. We manage registration for events and set up notifications, pricing, and promo codes.

PROS

I feel it is relatively user friendly to set up events & then manage notifications.

CONS

The place to put the promo code is not easy to find and we often get questions about this. Also I wish fees could be refunded for folks no longer interested in taking the trainings/ classes.

Reason for choosing Eventbrite

It is free for us & easy to use. It also helps us to promote events as well!

Leslie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed April 2021

Amazing Platform for golf tournaments and special events

Overall, I really like hosting events on Eventbrite and I will continue using them for upcoming events. I would recommend Eventbrite for events of all types and sizes.

PROS

The thing I like most about this software is being able to customize ticket types. Depending on which type of ticket an attendee chooses, the organizer can determine which type of questions the person registering must answer. For example, if you choose platinum sponsor, you are asked which shirt size you want. It is the best platform I have used for special events and even offers a check-in feature for the day of your event. There are endless opportunities for customizing your own event. Also, if you have a contract in place with Eventbrite for your events, they will not charge you a ticket fee for free events.

CONS

The thing I like least about this software is the fees. I was expecting a processing fee for credit card sales but there is an additional Eventbrite fee. This was remedied by signing a contract with them. Now all my fees are capped at a specific price and I can now have the attendee absorb the costs.

Reasons for switching to Eventbrite

Before switching to Eventbrite we were using Excel spreadsheets to organize attendees and having them pay through Paypal. Switching to Eventbrite has save so much time and money.

Aislinn

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed April 2019

Entreflow Consulting Group's use of Eventbrite

It's good for anybody that’s organizing an event obviously, the nice thing about Eventbrite is that it's free to use long as you're not charging for the event. There is a fee if you are charging for the event so the fees are 2.5% plus 99 cents transaction fee. So that's a service fee to Eventbrite for using their platform. Again, this is only if you're charging for the ticket, and then if there's a credit card use, then the credit card fee is 3.5% which is quite high, but when you factor in the time to chase attendees for invoice payments it's kind of a no brainer From an implementation perspective, it's super easy to use, you just have to sign up and then build out your event page. The usability is super easy peasy, there are some options that take a little longer to get used to, but overall it's quite easy to use.

PROS

The top feature for Eventbrite is that it's really easy to track events and the attendees that are coming to your events. You can create an event very easily, share it across multiple platforms, there's a direct link to your Facebook business events page from Eventbrite. Making it super easy to get the word out. You can track the events that are sent out and how people found your event so you can get a sense of where people are looking to find out about events and then put your efforts into advertising in those channels later on. You can print name tags which is really awesome, so if you have an event where you want to everyone to wear name tags, rather than getting everybody to write them out when they can show up and you already have them printed. And then finally, there is a huge audience that uses Eventbrite, so you'll find that getting the word out is a lot easier. People will do a search for types of events like yours, find your event, and show up which is great because you had to work very little to get them to come to your event.

CONS

So, some of the requested features; we would like to see more customization in the actual Eventbrite page itself and as well the emails that are sent out to your invitees. So at the moment, I think there's only two templates and you can't really do much to change the look and feel, or the text within it, so it would be great to be able to customize those features a little bit.

Waleed

Publishing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Event standard that fails so many accounts

Eventbrite doesn't take into consideration customization of the messages that go out. All in all, you can just incapacitate a few messages, yet not others. So if your occasion is facilitated somewhere else it actually sends your participants a befuddling email that has minimal pertinent data. That email has an essential source of inspiration that guides your occasion participants to download the Eventbrite application. On enlistment Eventbrite consequently checks the crates for participants to be advised of different occasions on their foundation just as news that Eventbrite needs to share. Basically, they market straightforwardly to your participants - except if they uncheck the pre-chosen boxes. It is extremely unlikely of eliminating the Eventbrite marking on enlistment. This is OK for a free stage, yet at any rate offer a paid rendition that considers that. They default to causing clients to enter their email address Multiple times during a short enlistment measure. Also, they should enter their name twice too. Their insightful following is disappointing contrasted with different stages, however hello it's free... so this isn't as large of an arrangement. To wrap things up... Eventbrite install broke our wordpress site. The javascript code meddled with our custom thank you page and leaves participants with a terrible spring up "

PROS

Straightforward, rich, clean UI List of attendees administrator is all that we need without abundance, cruft Framework is cloud based subsequently requires no abundance incorporation, administrator past a login, interface Reasonable rates for top of class work process All around known, no erosion or dread produced Marking is custom and adequate to adjust our own and Eventbrite's

CONS

Complex list of attendees sort highlights to give all the more fine need Recognization of VIP registrants Host and client profiles so records can be promoted whenever wanted Limits for not-for-profits and magnanimous associations Reconciliations ideally without Zapier Express related, suggested occasion controls

Marc