All Eventzilla Reviews

Edgar

Performing Arts, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Big Ticket Platform For Any Size Event

We run many cultural events and performances, all free of charge. So we needed a professional solution for ticket handling that solves many logistic issues, starting with ticket sale windows, personel, ticket printing and event entrance control. With Eventzilla we solved all these issues and many more. Social marketing gets boosted on the fly and post event CRM is pretty cool and helpful also.

PROS

Everything! It's really easy to set up and to customize your event tickets. Plus the fact that you can do check-ins with a barcode scanner or your mobile phone gives your attendees a much better impression of your events. Social media promotion is a great plus, but getting feedback from your attendees with customizable surveys gives Eventzilla a big plus over other ticket software.

CONS

No sitting map configuration yet. Other than that, everything is great.

Patrik

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed June 2023

Easy-to-use system when you need to sell tickets to your events.

Reducing administrative work.

PROS

Appealing interface that makes it easy to get started. Those who choose an online system like this avoid the headache of technically maintaining and updating it. It costs a little more, but it relieves a lot.

CONS

The cost can sometimes become a problem. Either the customer has to bear the cost (higher prices), or the customer has to pay an additional fee, which is not always appreciated. But the cost can be justified considering the work one avoids in managing their own system.

Reason for choosing Eventzilla

Eventzilla is praised for being easy to set up and maintain, as well as affordable for event organizers.

Cathy

Reviewed May 2017

Mixed reviews

Reduces some of my workload but then again it also increases my workload in other areas (tracking/maintaining details)

PROS

Organizes registrations in one location, and forces the individuals to register themselves. (I don't have to take phone calls/emails to register individuals into a spreadsheet and use a different system to collect payment.)

CONS

Wish comments could be updated after submitted into the system. Example: for individuals wishing to pay by check, I invoice them so their status changes from pending to confirmed so I have an accurate count for attendance to a training session/luncheon, etc. Also, clients are having difficulty paying by credit card - some don't want to use paypal but there is a button that allows them to click - this then puts their registration into an incomplete status. I have to then follow up with them to collect payment. Very frustrating. Customer service is also very poor in that - I have to email and wait over 24 hours or schedule a time for a call back (which often when I need help it's NOW!) I also can't get other registered administrators to be able to log in on their own accounts. They all use my log-in and password. :(

Metis

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed June 2019

Best option for my business.

I am a dog trainer that hosts yearly workshops where I want people to be able to register and pay online. Eventzilla was easy to set up and get started, and my clients found it easy to use as well.

PROS

Able to customize payouts. Easy to refund customers.

CONS

Like most of the other options, the cost.

Reasons for switching to Eventzilla

Horrible customer service. They also held onto my payments for a ridiculous amount of time.

Felicia

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed October 2019

Way Better Than Eventbrite!

I'm glad I found this software. Lots of options and functionality.

PROS

I like Eventzilla most because you are able to receive your cash right away as opposed to waiting a week or two after your event.

CONS

No one really likes to pay fees but Eventzilla's fees are reasonable.

Reasons for switching to Eventzilla

Because they take too long to pay for an event.

Sriram

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2023

EventZilla is amzing

Excellent

PROS

I have been leveraging Eventzilla for my coaching classes for the past 3 years and I am super impressed with the user friendliness of the application and support from the team for any queries.

CONS

Nothing that I can think of. May be socializing the events in social media can improve

Reason for choosing Eventzilla

Less fee and user friendliness

Ellie

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed June 2021

A better product than most, but still not complete

This is mostly positive. I wish there was a way to integrate zoom instead of paying extra to use their streaming services. That's not helpful.

PROS

It's easy to make free, paid and donation tickets, to add sponsors and speakers to an event. I like the options to be able to pass on the fees to the buyer.

CONS

When you're scheduling an email to attendees, you can't pick the time of day. It's also difficult to upload a banner image that fits for the event. I've never been able to do it without wasting a large amount of time resizing again and again.

functionality

Tyler

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed July 2018

Easy to use, lacks some functionality

Overall experience is good, but I did need to move to a more robust solution (and more expensive) to get all the features I need.

PROS

The price is right, and for simple events, it is great. When you have more options, their form builder becomes limiting.

CONS

Difficult to configure with the form builder

Abdul Waudud

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed May 2022

Live your Events In Minutes with Eventzilla.

PROS

Eventzilla offers great functionality for both the Free and Paid version. You can easily tailor your events with all the required information like Text, Pictures, Audiovisual, Maps, and other content. Although Paid version offers a lot of customization options. You can easily monitor Event registration and ticketing status right from the Event dashboard. Overall very user-friendly for both the event organizer and attendee.

CONS

Eventzilla offers limited options when it came to customizing graphics. Also, customizing the Event URL is not available with Eventzilla.

Ashley

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2018

Eventzilla Review

It's been decent.

PROS

I like that if you aren't charging for an event, that the registration is FREE.

CONS

It's been a challenge to take out the money for the events we have charged for since you switched from PayPal. We still have money sitting in an account from eventzilla last summer because our office admin doesn't think she should have to give her personal SSID number to take out church funds.

Fritz

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Great Event Management Software

I have used for years for both a High School Reunion and several golf tournaments. It works well. Keeps the Management of attendees.

PROS

Allows you to quickly setup an event, set the Venue, Set the Tickets. Accept Payments. Notifies you of Purchases. Generally a one stop for the Event. It can handle any type of event.

CONS

Did not find it sooner. Would be better if you could spread payments using WEPAY instead of PayPal. It may be a feature but I have not found it. That would be a General Ticket is taken down by a 4 Ticket Purchase. I use Eventzilla for a golf tournament but I have several tickets that are for 4 golfers. We also sell singles. I would like it if I could reduce the Single Player count when a Foursome was purchased. I now do that manually.

Kathy

Reviewed November 2019

Eventzilla saves us money for our Non-profit

PROS

I like the ease to use this program and the costs

CONS

I wish they had more features for tracking those who attend our events in the free package

Cost

Jonathan

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2020

Check out Eventzilla - it is excellent and affordable

I found Eventzilla after trying its main competitor - and seeing how expensive they were! Now, I am hooked.

PROS

So easy to use, cost is significantly less than the main competition, a great option for your organizing your events!

CONS

Nothing comes to mind - it has everything you need in an event platform.

Reason for choosing Eventzilla

Cost was the main factor.

Adam

Used free trial

Reviewed November 2015

Ups and Downs.

We have used Eventzilla for 3 years to run an event, we have been able to take a selection of data, adapt and run the registration process and keep up to date with managing payments and our attendees. For 2 years it was a superb system, we had no problems it all ran incredibly smoothly. This year however approximately a third of our orders, did not receive their tickets, we had to talk to a huge number of people and assure them they had tickets for the event. Their email addresses given were correct, and the emails hadn't been caught by a Spam filter. Technical glitches occur, it's understandable, we contacted Eventzilla and informed them of our problem, and were dealt with in the most infuriating and asinine way possible. We were informed that it was our fault attendees weren't receiving emails and they were being sent to the order email address, we explained we understood this, and that the emails weren't being delivered there, we supplied evidence of the orders who had failed to receive contact, and were told that the Eventzilla system showed them having been delivered. There was no suggestion of where these emails were going to, no interest in trying to help us resolve this issue, no acknowledgement of any fault on behalf of Eventzilla, the stark comparison between faultless service 2 years previously and nothing but problems this year was extremely apparent. We will not be using again.

Hi Adam, Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. We are committed to providing the best level of support to our customers and we will ensure that this issue is investigated thoroughly. I will also reach out to you directly to discuss further.

Replied November 2015

Tracy

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used more than 2 years

Versatile event registration site

Eventzilla has been a great tool for my organization for organizing workshops, open houses, and other events.

PROS

I like that Eventzilla has a lot of options for my events. I can customize all of the details, as well as ticket types, registration details/questions, response emails, reminder frequency, etc. It gets me the information I need to collect data on my registrants and understand my audience better.

CONS

The software is a little cumbersome at times. Some of the great features are pretty hidden and you really have to look for them. The text box fields are also a little tricky sometimes - especially if you copy and paste formatted text. The text boxes allow for text editing and style options, but it is easy to get weird lingering formatting to stick and make things look funky.

Vincent

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Six Events Experience

Although this service will improve and has potential to be very good, I would recommend you look at other programs such as Eventbrite and take some notes from their business model. They are very efficient and work very seamless without lag. Although I like your event customizing much better than Eventbrite, the rest has been just off mark. Again, I am sure you will improve over time with feedback such as this.

PROS

Great promise with intuitive layout and customize able layout.

CONS

Reports and real time operation. When a report is ran, it should be able to be opened within a minute or less. Not be told that it will be emailed when ready. Sometimes it took a few minutes, other times, it took hours or never was emailed. Changes when customizing the event were not quick and sometimes had to wait 5 minutes or more for them to lock in, even after refreshing the cache. Payments would need to post before tickets were issued, and constant complaints from customers that would not receive their tickets and verified by us as well. Real time purchasing information was a let down as well as the app.

Elizabeth

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Used less than 2 years

Good Alternative for event registration

Overall it has been a useful tool. Creating events is really simple and once you have a template, editing it for future events is a snap. Eventzilla also makes check in super simple which has sped up our registration check in lines. I do wish there was a way to do a few customizations on the tickets. We often giveaway items at our events and wish you could print things like sizing or some sort of code on each person's ticket. Its not a deal breaker by any means, would just be a nice feature.

PROS

Overall it is easy to use and customize. We use it for internal events that our staff attend and customizing it to our needs is pretty easy.

CONS

Occasionally editing is difficult. If you are creating a multiple choice option and make a mistake, its not easy to just edit the one line that has a mistake, rather you have to delete it which then changes the order of how you had things listed. This can be corrected, but its an extra step I'd rather not have to make.

Matthew

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Easy To Use

Definitely useful to help organize your next event.

PROS

Super user friendly and you are able to track all components of your event in one app. Plus, having the convenience of paying through the software for your event tickets is helpful.

CONS

I think better integration with social media.

Carla