• Pros

• "Its versatility; its capacity to handle quite large events, but also to make the smallest ones look great"

• "overall ease of use -- particularly the ability to take information from a previous event and import it into the new event. I'm still learning about the survey functionality, but it seems robust."

• "- The general ease of setting up an event page so quickly - Aesthetically, it looks really professional"

• Cons

• "At times the reports are not my favorite, but I can still work with them."

• "Because it is so feature-rich, it can be a little difficult at first."

• "Certain features aren't used by our organization, so it would be nice to remove those modules, however it does leave it open for us to explore those features in the future."

Browse Grenadine Events Reviews

Lisa Deutsch from The Mythopoeic Society

Industry: Writing and Editing

Mostly a happy user

Pros

Easy to use. I can easily mark what events I want to see, and then just sort on those. I can coordinate with friends. Always useful. I had to help with set up for one event. It was easy to get in, see what was happening, add my events, and assign my people.

Cons

I've heard from friends that the iOS app has been having problems. An update has been sent to Apple, we have an event next week. Please update ASAP.

Heather from Emily Hall Tremaine Foundation

Friendly interface at a great price

Customer service was excellent. They also have a lot of information on their website (although it could be more searchable) but emails and phone calls were instantly addressed. I would use this software again for future events.

Pros

The cost is lower than others on the market offering this level of functionality. I loved the sub-items to group activities/sessions occurring at the time and the ease of use to add sessions. The app interface is also very user friendly. They also offered easy links to embed the event on my website and include it in external emails.

Cons

Attendees only show up in the public list if they have taken the time to create a profile and approve it for public viewing - which meant that 3 of my 135 attendees showed up on the app. As far as I could tell there was not way to override this - so I created a pdf file and added it as a document.

Response from Grenadine Technologies

Replied September 2018

Thanks Heather a lot for this great review. Interesting point you bring here. Well noted. We will definitely take this into account in a future release. Best regards, Fred.

Christine from Con-Volution

Great and getting better all the time

I have used this produce since its inception, as both an end-user and project manager. It has consistently improved, with additional functionality and improved user interface every time I use it. The customer support is outstanding, and questions I've raised have often led to new features or updates of existing features. Basic data entry options include importing spreadsheet files. Options for notifications are easy to use. The mobile app is easy to use, and is not a drain on data or battery life. The website functionality is something I haven't used much, so I can't really comment on it. And I haven't used the individual sign-up/sales options at all. I highly recommend Grenadine.

Pros

Cons

setting up the mobile app content is a bit fussy still. My biggest issue is with graphics because phone screens aren't the same size/proportion (they warn you about this, though). Some info for mobile has to be edited by hand, with a window that shows you formatting so you can code it (much like a Wordpress window)

Penny from Vintage Hardwood Flooring

Good start but needs improvements

It was ok, but there were a lot of bugs. I don't think I would use your software again unless there were some major improvements done. I think you have something good here, but maybe wasn't right for our type of event which was very simple.

Pros

Canadian company Initially it seemed to have what I needed. See notes below Some items worked well

Cons

On the outside it seemed to be the best software when I was comparing companies, but once I got into building the site I had a lot of issues and many of my simple requests couldn't be answered or dealt with. 1. Cell phone numbers for our guests weren't saved and I had to ask individually to get that info. 2. Reports are a mess, for some questions you have to go to one report for other questions, you need to download another report. The whole point of reports is to save time. I spent alot of time having to copy and paste data. This was my biggest disappointment. 3. Why are cancelled tickets included in reports. 4. Your support departments emails - aren't a reply to my original email, which makes it difficult to understand if you send 2 or 3 emails. Would be great, if you had our original question in the reply, so we know what you are responding to. 5. We had to try several different ways to sell tickets - this was for an activity choice. There was no perfect solution and it created a problem when people went to register. We wanted only one choice and when something was selected, would "gray" out the other options. Instead people signed up for multiple by accident and then we had a mess to try and cancel and clean up. This single reason will result in not using your software again. This is a major problem area on your site. 6. Couldn't and was discouraged to upload maps. 7. Can't use the " # " sign in text, as it stops displaying everything after.

May 2014

James from World Science Fiction Convention - London 2014

May 2014

An invaluable cloud based conference planning system

8000 attendees, 1,200 activities, 900 participants, 5 days - in London's excel are the figures behind the World Science Fiction Convention, with a geographically dispersed team of volunteers and participants from all five continents. Grenadine is the cloud based conference planning system that provides the planning and delivery structure to our activities and manages the complexity that arises from the vast amount of information that goes into formulating our convention. The simple and easy to use dashboard holds so much complexity and depth, that it is hard to fathom, until one sees into how much work the system does for the user at all levels. Grenadine helps reduce time and effort, by collecting our data, using dedicated questionnaires, helps us interpret this data, allowing our whole planning team to have visibility and match participants to programme items. We can query the database, set filters for enquiries, pull out specific pieces of information and the system will provide a multitude of reports. Grenadine also manages the data ;space, time, people, and equipment - highlighting and alerting one to conflicts in real time and providing the method to reassign a resource easily to prevent any issues. The system also has the ability to Publish the Data for the attendees via various channels, be it native iOS and Android apps that interface directly with the planning system and with our print publications, which receive an extract of the convention schedule in a format suitable for pre-press software. Effecting changes, at all stages is very easy, the system lends itself too being user friendly, while the amount of resources it creates from the data quickly resolves issues that were incredibly frustrating. Most importantly, it allows continuous viability of progress, and allows the team a simple way to be part of a complex process, and through the outputs, be a real benefit to all attendees of the convention.

Erin from Dublin 2019 and Boskone

I have been using Grenadine for years, and have used nearly every feature they have available.

Pros

There is a small learning curve, but once you start poking around the system, you realize how easy it is to use. I also like the flexibility available when contacting participants. The items tab is also very intuitive on how it works, and the scheduling grid makes scheduling items a breeze with the drag and drop capability.

Cons

I would like more written instructions, especially for new features. However, their tech support system is very responsive and quick to answer questions.

Dan from CCAR

A wonderful platform and an incredible team

Pros

Grenadine makes managing the details of our convention organized and intuitive. Being able to edit/input data in one place, and have it accessible for all of our team members, as well as, updating the website and app, is invaluable. The team is also incredibly responsive often fixing bugs or issues the same or next day. We have been using Grenadine for 4 years now and have been very happy!

Cons

There are often funny little bugs that pop-up now and again. (Although the team is quick to fix them.) I also wish there were more customization options for the website and app, but I understand they are working on these features, as well. All this being said, the pros far outweigh the cons!

Cristina from Entertainment

Easy to use, pro results

It's incredible how simple and intuitive it is to use the platform, even for those of us who are far from being IT experts. The end result is amazingly professional. It also helps that the tech team are always on call to sort out any problems fast and effectively. This is the second year that we're using Grenadine for our festival, a free event open to all, organised by fans for fans. Even for ourselves who scarcely use the more advanced features it's hugely useful in practical terms and what's more helps us present a very professional face. It has impressed many participants who organise congresses and professional events.

Pros

The ability to produce an extremely professional-looking program and interface with quite low IT skills. Up to minute, real time program modifications for participants and audience are invaluable.

Cons

Nothing. All the features we have used have worked superbly.

Lucie from Canada Research Chair in Urban Heritage

Industry: Research

Excellent support, great app

We organize a few events per year, among which, last year, one 800-people conference. The Grenadine people were always there to help and support, and even modify the app according to our suggestions and needs; they even managed to help us with our own administrative problems. From our point of view, it is THE scheduling app and team that everyone wants to work with. We could also have expected to pay a lot more for what we got. Wonderful experience. I would recommend Grenadine to anybody.

Pros

Cons

It is not always as user friendly as it could

Michela from Mischief Management

Intrinsic to my Work Day

Pros

We plan large scale conventions where we have up to 15 events happening at the same time. Grenadine is indispensable. Checking the grid and seeing if we made any errors in double-booking has truly made our jobs easier.

Cons

At times the reports are not my favorite, but I can still work with them.

April 2016

Jason from Eastern Communication Association

April 2016

Great Product, Easy to Use

I just finished planning an academic convention in Baltimore, MD, using Grenadine Events. We had 865 Registered People, 885 people in the program, and 224 different items listed within the program (just to give you the size and scope of my convention). PROS 1) My participants LOVED the website version of the convention. Even the convention hotel staff said it was one of the cleanest online website programs they had ever seen. 2) The participants also loved the AP version. 3) The amount of time this software saved me on finding conflicts was my personal favorite feature as the convention planner. I've heard horror stories related to finding all of the conflicts, but this software made dropping a panel into a time slot and instantaneously finding out if there were conflicts a cinch. 4) Overall, the learning curve for my needs was pretty fast. 5) The customer service at Grenadine is amazing. Any time I had a question, I had a response within 24 hours, which kept me making progress. CONS 1) Registering on the website and creating an account was a bit tricky for some. To register as a specific user, you had to have the e-mail address that had been given to me by an associate planner. Unfortunately, many of the participants had no idea what e-mail address I was using, which caused some frustration on their part. 2) To make a participant "live" in system, the individual had to uploaded and indicated that he or she had "accepted" an invitation to the convention. With my association, by the point I'm programming everyone is accepted. I wish this had just been the default. This was just one other step that didn't seem too necessary. Overall, I would recommend this software to anyone planning an academic convention. This product made my job a lot easier. Even the "cons" I have are minor ones that really didn't impact my ability to successfully use this software.

Response from Grenadine Technologies

Replied April 2016

Thanks for this review! I'm happy to say that we've since addressed your con #2 (you can now assign anyone to a calendar item, and we now automatically mark them a speaker as soon as we notice the assignment, without having to "accept" them). We are always working to make identifying people an easier task, regardless of which email address they use, which is something that should gradually improve over time as we "catch" more and more ways to figure out who a person is, regardless of how they spell their name, if they use their middle initials or not, or which one of their email addresses they use.

Erin from Archon Science Fiction & Fantasy Convention

Made my life much easier.

Pros

Excellent and responsive customer support. Love the programming grid, ADORED that I didn't have to cross check double bookings myself.

Cons

There are still some bugs that need to be worked out and some features I'd like to see added but they listen to users' suggestions so I'm confident if I suggest them I may see them soon.

Grenadine was an essential tool for scheduling and organizing the program for a large-scale event.

Pros

Grenadine gives a clear view on what is possible, both time- and people-wise and prevents from double-booking people/rooms. The customer support was absolutely amazing!

Cons

The learning curve in the beginning was a bit steep, and the documentation could still be improved a bit.

Erin from Twitch

Industry: Online Media

Their Customer Support Makes Grenadine a MUST-have

As a long time event planner, I've used plenty of other softwares. However, Grenadine's Customer Support is what MAKES this program so great. I've asked for features, and they've been implemented. I have questions and they're quick to answer. There has never been a time I've wished for a feature that they didn't either explain how to use it, or then write it into the core program. I would suggest Grenadine to my other convention and planning teams without hesitation.

Pros

It's easy to input, scheduled, and coordinate talent - as well as alerting me to when guests are double booked or booked too closely together.

Maxine from Canadian Ophthalmological Society

User-friendly platform and great customer service!

Efficiencies in our office. Ability to save information in an accessible and easy to navigate manner. We've really enjoyed using Grenadine.

Pros

Intuitive system with many capabilities. It has created more efficiency in our day to day. Grenadine's customer service is fantastic. They offer fantastic solutions and they are always keen to help.

Cons

Due to multiple report types, it can be daunting when try to pull the correct information.

Kerry from YR Media

Industry: Program Development

Returning customer!

Your staff is really excellent and helpful. I would highly recommend this program to other event planners.

Pros

I like that it is easy to set up and looks really professional. I also really like the countdown clock prior to the event. And that it alerts attendees when an update has been made.

Cons

That since I only have an annual event I have to start each year from scratch to build the info in. I am not able to pay to keep the data held all year.

Renee from McGill University

unparalleled customer suport

It's more software than I need but if I ever expand my conference, I know that the functionality will be there for me

Pros

I love the speed and flexibility. I move the location of a session or change a name of a panelist and, in less than 1 minute, I've published it to a mobile app and to my website. I can email 100s of attendees or just two with highly customized and relevant information in an instant. I also love the customer support. I had some needs for a specific report and they listened to me. In a couple of days I got it.

Gabrielle from Food Secure Canada

Great user-friendly tool for non-profits

Pros

Many elements can be translated. The features are user-friendly. The visual is nice. Having the conference website + the registration feature together is a plus for a small organizing team with less event planning experience.

Cons

Some features were not transladable. Features sur as sponsors and speakers lack a bit of flexibility (e.g. categories of sponsorship should be an added option, categories of speakers should also be an extra option).

Response from Grenadine Technologies

Replied November 2018

Thank you Gabrielle for this great review with constructive feedback. We are progressively working on adding more translatable content. Well noted on the categorization, it's on our roadmap and is planned to be delivered during 2019.

Gareth from Octocon

Excellent Software for Event Management

I found the use of the Grenadine software to be liberating. I run a reasonably small event, we only have three to four parallel streams over three days. Before we started using grenadine we would occasionally have people on multiple events at the same time, and others barely used at all. The inbuilt reports on the software help us see when we are over and under using people. The inbuilt surveys also helped us ensure we didn't put people on items when they told us they were unavailable. It also allows us to have our timetable on the Web, and as up to date as possible. make a small change to our timetable, and we could publish it instantly!

Laurie from Free Lance Conference Planner

A Great Product That Improves All the Time!

I have been using Grenadine for panel/people scheduling for years and find it an amazingly versatile product. The service team is extremely responsive and you frequently find suggestions you've made become part of the software. It is particularly invaluable for conference planners who are geographically dispersed. Since it's Web-based, the planning team always sees the same scheduling updates. The publish to Web feature for schedule and panelists is extremely easy and will always keep your event attendees up-to-date.

Pros

It's feature-rich and flexible.

Cons

Because it is so feature-rich, it can be a little difficult at first.

Laure from Babolat VS

Pros

You took into account most of our remarks to improve the software.

Cons

Some categories are not very well explained and we cannot filter on all the categories

Susan from International Documentary Association

Robust platform at a great value

For our conference, we utilized Grenadine's publishing features and received very positive feedbacks from our attendees. The web schedule is clean with multiple layout options and the mobile app, easy to use. On the backend, the usability is sometimes a bit clunky (i.e. a lot of clicks to change a description) and lacking bulk import / editing capabilities for all fields. Otherwise, the tools are very robust and discoverable. The customer service is A++, quick responses and as a growing company, very adaptable to feature requests. We regret not finding out about Grenadine sooner, thus not using the planning & registration features - but definitely will for our next big event! This is a much cheaper alternative to other platforms like Cvent.

OSMAN from Osman Sabir LTD

Great platform, fantastic support

Pros

Cons

It would be good to have the functionality to have group discounts for multiple bookings, instead of having to have a separate ticket type for group bookings, as this sometimes caused a bit of confusion for customers.

March 2016

Dan from CCAR

March 2016

Amazing, and getting better everyday

Grenadine is the perfect combination of event planner/management tool and front-facing website & app. The back-end interface reflects the ongoing relationship between the development team and their clients, based on their needs and requests, and the team continues to improve the app based on new needs. We have a very non-tech-savy convention planning team, and with only a little training, they were able to navigate successful through the interface and utilize it's many features. The participants in the convention also really appreciated the easy of use and overall cleanliness of the app and website. We look forward to using this system for years to come.

Peter from Boskone

Industry: Publishing

Grenadine offers a great mobile app for attendees.

Most of my experience with Grenadine has been with configuring the mobile app. It not only displays the convention schedule in a searchable format, but makes it easy for organizers to add pages of other information such as a code of conduct or sponsor list.

Pros

Great mobile app for publishing info to attendees.

Cons

Schedule item tagging paradigm doesn't work and leads to tag proliferation.

Stphanie from Universit du Qubec Montral

Great product from a great team

Grenadine is an excellent product. Before this option came around, we used to create our own applications for our customers. It was a lot of work and time to achieve the result our customers expected of us. With Grenadine, our clients are completely autonomous within a few minutes of using this platform and with more functions than they used to have before. The team behind this product is very mindful to the needs of its customers and is very receptive to our requests. Even though it already offers a variety of features, this platform is constantly evolving to meet the diverse needs of its customers.

Melanie from Have You Heard My Book/Product Review

Industry: Publishing

Ready for Your Next Event?

I'm thrilled I found this software. I can plan an event in just a short time and cover every aspect of it. It makes my event look professional and seamless. I really love using it. I have more events since I found Grenadine Event Planner.

Pros

It's an easy to use software. I can plan the event from beginning to end with this software. Everything is on this software so nothing gets over looked. From the venue to the tickets, it's all here. You will love it.

Cons

I haven't found any cons yet. Truly so easy to use and they've thought of everything. This is geared to the professional event planner however, it can be used by non professionals too.

Trina from Tall Girl Conference Planning

Very happy, would recommend for other clients

Pros

One stop shop Customer service Dashboard/at a glance

Cons

reporting was a bit challenging customizing wasn't as user-friendly for a beginner would like a simplified one-page registration form in place of a survey

Charlotte from ADP

Very user-friendly and great customer service!

Pros

The software is really ease of use and the customer service, always eager to help in case of need :)

Cons

Nothing I disliked, but as a suggestion, maybe add in more design templates for the site for people who are not comfortable with coding

May 2016

Janelle from NABC

May 2016

The software is easy very to use. The App is easy to use. Very pleased with the system as a whole. Grenadine staff is wonderful to work with. They are attentive, willing to work through any issues, they are open to suggestions for changes that would help make the software more efficient for every client using their product. I would highly recommend this product for any event planner who works on large or small events.

Ken from C/F Data Systems

Absolutely Fantastic Event Planning App

We used this app for our User Group Conference to help organize our attendees and provide them with up-to-date information. We couldn't be happier with the end result. From start to finish, using this app has been very simple. I strongly reccommend this app for anyone looking for an effective and low cost mobile event planning solution.

Jessika from rock paper scissors, inc

Amazing Customer Service - makes my job easy!

I've been enjoying how Grenadine has simplified a lot of event planning tasks. It's certainly making my job as a conference planner easier - allowing more time to plan the fun stuff.

Laure from BABOLAT

An excellent App for Event

The app is very useful for all participants and for the planners. I much appreciate the continuous improvement of the functions and the help of the team. We will use it again this year!

Jean-Yves from Association internationale des sociologues de langue franaise

Great app & service online

The attendees of our 2016 international Congress in Montral have expressed an excellent overall appreciation of the Grenadine Event Planner.

Frdric from Grenadine Technologies