What are Planning Pod users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Planning Pod software through verified user reviews

• icon"I found this system very easy to use from a planner perspective."
  • icon"The organization tools are great. Floor plan tools are easy to use."
  • icon"We used planning pod and it worked great. I really like how they were always willing to take suggestions from their users."
  • icon"They have no way to run a report for taxes owed at the end of the quarter."
  • icon"It is frustrating that you can't link the invoices to the budget."
  • icon"The budget update is terrible. Not user friendly at all and is very confusing for me and my clients to see categories and line items."

Browse all Planning Pod Reviews

• Have you used Planning Pod and would like to share your experience with others?

Nicole

I run my business with Planning Pod

Professional invoicing and contracts w/ online signatures, floor plans, generate to-do templates for each event I plan/design that sends reminders to my clients, database for vendors/contacts

Pros

This app is iPad, Android and laptop friendly, so I can easily access information anywhere with whichever device I happen to be using.

Response from Planning Pod

Thanks for your feedback, Nicole!

Andrea

July 2022

The Lifeline of Our Business

We are so glad we stumbled upon this software when we did. I have used Dubsado, Honeybook, TripleSeat and done demos with a few others and none compare to Planning Pod. It had everything our organization was looking for- integrated invoices, proposals, calendar (syncs with Google), lead forms (integrates to our website), questionnaires and floor plans. We eliminated 3 other softwares we were using and streamlined it all into one. Our team uses it everyday and it is the lifeline of our business. The aesthetically pleasing BEO's, floor plans and timelines are printed and hung up on our bulletin board for every event! We are so glad this product exists!

Pros

It is very user friendly and the onboarding was quick and easy. The support team at Planning Pod is quick to respond and friendly. We loved the communications feature that wasn't available on other platforms as well as the ability to use with multiple team members. The invoice feature is great as well as proposals. The floor plan feature is a game changer!

Cons

I wish I would've found it sooner and didn't have to switch from my other software.

Reasons for choosing Planning Pod

None have the functionality of an all-in-one booking software. It is meant specifically for venues with multiple users. We considered others like Honeybook, Dubsado and 17 Hats but none were robust enough for our team.

Reasons for switching to Planning Pod

Our original booking software Gather was bought out by Tripleseat. It did not have the functionality we were looking for. Lacking the communications aspect which is critical in our business. We also tried Honeybook for several months along with Aisle Planner for timelines and All Seated for floor plans.

Taylor

Some of the features are a little clunky (budget update was not a good change, contract templates)

Pros

Allows me to organize myself. I really like the itinerary feature and the invoicing feature. I liked the old budget tool a lot.

Cons

The budget update is terrible. Not user friendly at all and is very confusing for me and my clients to see categories and line items. Frequently get red "caution" symbol- not always reliably saving when changes are made. Mobile is clunky.

Response from Planning Pod

Thanks for the feedback, Taylor. I'm sorry you are not happy with our recent updates to our Budgeting tool. We based our updates on comprehensive feedback we have collected from our users over the last 18 months. However, if you want to let me know what about the tools isn't working for you, I would happy to see if there's a solution to your issue. As for the red "saving" symbol, often that has to do with an intermittent Internet connection or a Web browser issue, but I would be happy to look into that for you. We also recently updated our mobile version to be a more fluid experience, so hopefully you find that more to your liking.

Laura

Industry: Museums and Institutions

July 2022

Planning Pod has changed the way our venue manages events!

This program has been a much needed addition to our organization. I did the research and trial runs with other software programs and there was never a question that I chose the right one! Customer support is second to none and the program is consistently rolling out updates that improve the end user experience.

Pros

Planning Pod helped bring all the aspects of event management together in one easy to use program! I am able to work on multiple events simultaneously and keep track of all communication from start to finish. This one program replaced the 4-5 programs we had been using to manage our venue and I will never look back!

Cons

The only con I have found with the program is with the credit card processing and that change occurred when the processing company we used initially was no longer available. We used to have the ability to check a box and have the credit card fee added to an invoice as a line item and that made it easier to pass that cost on to the client as we are a non-profit organization.

Reasons for choosing Planning Pod

After signing up for several trial periods with other software, I found that Planning Pod accomplished my goals the best. It is user friendly and easy to navigate. It also had more features that I needed than some of the other programs.

Reasons for switching to Planning Pod

Our old system was time consuming and not cohesive or user friendly. Using multiple different programs to achieve the goal of organizing one event was one of my first challenges when I accepted my position nearly 7 years ago.

Good, easy-to-use and practical planning tool

I use it to mostly manage my client's budget and timelines. There are many other features that I don't regularly use because I use other tools or processes, but it works well for those items and I'm on it frequently.

Pros

I like that the owners are always trying to make upgrades to the software and they seem to genuinely listen to customer feedback on what we want to see. It's well priced and easy to use.

Cons

The wedding websites available to the clients aren't up to par with what is available in the industry. Same with the floor plan tool. It would be wonderful to only have to use one platform, but at the same time, it's priced appropriately that the tools you receive are good / on point with what you are paying for.

Response from Planning Pod

Thanks for your review. We are currently collecting feedback on our Floorplans tool with plans to make major updates to it in 2018, so please let us know if you have any specific features you would like to see enhanced. We also recently added an Inspiration/Vision Board tool for collaborating visually with team members and clients. As for the event webpage tool, it is focused more on RSVP/registration collection, which is why it may not have the design capabilities of other tools like Wix. But I appreciate the feedback and we will be making updates to that tool later in 2018.

Donna

I use PP to keep all my weddings in one place. It's an efficient tool to use in tracking my clients

My client info was everywhere, some in Google docs, some in excel...just everywhere. Now everything is in one place which has helped me organize and be a little more efficient.

Pros

The timeline feature and the ability to customize a few things. I enjoy the fact that my clients can collaborate with me on their events and manage their task lists on their own. The planning pod team is very responsive to ideas from its users and that is a huge plys.

Cons

It's easy for event planning use, but for weddings it has many features I don't use, such as ticket sales etc. It had also been nice to manage basic tasks specific to daily follow up on clients through the client contact area. I don't necessarily like that I have to utilize a task lust within the event to set a task if that makes sense. I want to go to one area that has all my clients in it, set my follow up tasks at one time for each client and then get an email reminder to do it.

Response from Planning Pod

Thanks for your feedback, Donna. You can add/view/manage tasks via the Calendar tool also if you don't want to manage them inside each event. We will be adding workflows in Q2 2018 so you can more easily set follow-ups and reminders for anything in your account.

Lisa

Easy-to-use, cost-effective event management tool

It helps with signing people up for our events, tracking submitted information, processing payments from attendees and communicating information to attendees.

Pros

Planning Pod is a very valuable tool for processing event registrations, RSVPs and payments. It also helps communicate information to event attendees. Planning Pod offers a lot of powerful features without the high prices that come with a lot of other event management software options. The customer support at Planning Pod is always very responsive to any questions or issues that pop up.

Cons

While the event website component is very easy to use, I wish it had more flexibility to change fonts and font sizes and arrange text on the website in a custom way. There should also be a way to change attendee ticket status without having to call customer support. A little more flexibility in naming items would also be ideal. (e.g. - We "register" people for our big annual seminar - but had to "sell tickets" due to Planning Pod's set-up)

Response from Planning Pod

Thanks for your feedback, Lisa. I have added your input to our list of suggested features for future consideration. As for changing ticket status, if you are charging a fee for registrations, there is a 60-day period that you can change status or refund tickets on your end in the application. After that, you do need to contact us due to the requirements of the credit card payment processors that we work with. If you are not charging a fee, you can always void a free ticket anytime.

Heather

Best value for the most features

Pros

Clean layout, easy to navigate. My staff likes it, but my clients will not use the features available to them because it is too confusing/complicated. Compared to other similar programs, I feel it has the most to offer for my staff's needs.

Cons

Flexibility of PDF reports, on-screen reports, and customization. Also the calendar sync does not work properly, which makes it useless for scheduling appointments.

Response from Planning Pod

Thanks for your feedback, Heather. We do offer quite a few tools for all the aspects of managing events, but you can always limit the tools your clients see so that it's not so overwhelming for them. Also, we have recently enhanced all our PDF reports and dashboards. And I checked the electronic calendar syncing feature in your account and it is working fine now, so please let us know if you still have an issue with it.

August 2022

Game Changer

It has been a game changer for us. The first few training sessions were not quite enough for us but they are more than willing to take some time for us to learn more. They are very receptive to us and fix/change things that we told them would be useful to us on the platform. They have no problems getting things onto the platform and even changing code for something as simple as font sizes on event orders. Really great company to work with, they are a partner in our success.

Pros

Automatic payment and communication features. Integration with calendars. Lead management.

Cons

Searching for things within the system could use some more work.

Leah

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Planning Pod is some great features, some not-so-great features

I learned to focus on budgeting and invoicing because of Planning Pod.

Pros

Planning Pod makes it pretty easy to create an event budget and create invoices for each event. I also like the way you can store and manipulate contact information.

Cons

It is frustrating that you can't link the invoices to the budget. I'd like to show to see invoices that get paid correspond and show up in the budget area. It's also frustrating that I can't store receipts, etc. in the budget, e.g. there's no upload feature. It would be great to upload a document related to an expense, or a paid-in-full invoice. It's also frustrating that I can't add pages to the invoices. Sometimes I want to show certain information about the invoice that can't be recorded in the system as-is. But if I was able to add pages, it would make it even easier to send the invoices directly out from my Planning Pod account.

Response from Planning Pod

Thank you for your input, Leah. To be honest, our system isn't set up to do full accounting, which is what you are describing here (as our Budget tool is meant for budgeting and not bookkeeping/accounting). However, we will be integrating with Quickbooks and Xero in Q2 2018 so you can sync your proposals and invoices in Planning Pod to a Quickbooks or Xero account. We are also adding the capability to add images and documents to invoices (like pass-through receipts) to display to customers or for your own use and tracking.

eric

good

Pros

I like that you can acess it anywhere. We run 200 event through Planning pod. it is a good software.

Cons

When Planning Pod roll new thing out and there is no training. Would love to have a software rep to come out and do training. we could pay for it.

Response from Planning Pod

Thanks for your input, Eric. Our software is mostly self-serve, so we don't provide live training. However, when we launch new features or tools, we do add new articles to our Help Center as well as how-to videos that walk you through how to use the features. In addition, we can provide you with Web-based training for your users that is a small fee in addition to your monthly subscription. Just let me know if you are interested in that. Finally, I was surprised to see that you were not happy with our customer support, as I show that every ticket you have sent in we have responded within 1 business day (usually much quicker than that) and did our best to answer your questions. If you are having issues with how we support you or your team, please let us know and I will see that it is improved immediately. Thanks for being our customer :)

Theresa

Almost perfect!

Planning pod keeps my business organized from almost every aspect.

Pros

White glove customer support, Extremely user-friendly interface, professional industry templates, accept online payments, budget management, vendor management, CRM, workflows, to do's, checklists, proposals, contracts, worksheets, calendars, vision boards, client portals, floor plans, guest management and so much more.

Cons

Pricing is a bit high for infrequent business owners and startups . . . For what I'm currently spending I want software features that are more competitive such as: more and better integrations, white labeling, custom domain, send messages through software from my email address, inventory management, e-commerce code for my website, quote generating form.

Response from Planning Pod

Thanks for your feedback, Theresa. We have recently added integrations with Salesforce, MailChimp, Google, Dropbox and Microsoft OneDrive. In Q2 2018 we be adding integrations with QuickBooks, Xero and other online payment providers. And most of your other requests are on our build list for the coming months. As for our pricing, we try to be very competitive and we offer 30+ event management tools for as little as $0.63/day.

Replied February 2018

Natalie

The system is fairly easy to use. Could use a bit of refinement in aesthetic but works great overal

ease of use. helps me keep client's organized.

Pros

great price, allows me to keep most everything in one place. I love the itinerary portion of the site my clients and vendors do too.

Cons

is not integrated with some other systems. I have to use Honeybook to manage contracts because it's easier. AislePlanner is more robust and has a new feel that makes wedding client's gravitate toward it

Response from Planning Pod

Thanks for your feedback, Natalie. We are currently overhauling our contracts, invoices and proposals tools to incorporate feedback we have solicited from our users. We will be integrating with Quickbooks and Xero in Q2 2018 so you can integrate our proposals, invoicing and payments tools with those bookkeeping applications. We have also redesigned our interface and made it much more customizable so you can change the look for any audience.

Marsha

Thanks to Planning Pod, my planning service is extremely organized and savvy.

Pros

Where I can plan, organize, schedule, collect payments in one tab. I am able to plan our client's entire event in planning pod, I schedule their monthly to dos, I interact with our team via planning pod. Our clients are able to enter and update their guests lists, work on the seating chart and create meal assignments. I am able to create, send and sign contracts along with our clients. I can collet current and schedule payments with a simple clicks. I love that I can create an event itinerary and include the list of creatives on the itinerary.

Response from Planning Pod

Thanks for your feedback, Marsha ... it is much appreciated :)

Hillary

Great Tools for Wedding Planners

Planning Pod helped streamline a lot of my work into a single software. I really love how everything was in a single place. If your looking for a good, reliable wedding planning software, this is the one to choose!

Pros

We used planning pod and it worked great! I really like how they were always willing to take suggestions from their users. The ability to take payments through the software also helped streamline everything. Their how to videos and articles really helped to explain how their features work. I really liked how I could store all contracts within the software itself. This helped me eliminate nearly all paper. Customer support was also always very helpful whenever I needed help. They always responded that same day!

Cons

Nothing really, it was a fantastic system!

Veronica

I've used Planning Pod since before it was called Planning Pod and I love it.

Pros

I like the ease of use, it is dummy proof. I like that my other professionals and cliens can also use it for certain events and I love the built in floor plan.

Cons

I don't like the contracts section, that part needs an update. I would like for my clients to "inital" different sections and right now that is not possible.

Response from Planning Pod

Thanks so much for your feedback, Veronica. We are currently working on an update to our contracts tool that will enable for initialing sections of the online contract prior to signature, and we will be adding additional features to that tool based on user input. Also, look for a new workflows tool in Q2 2018 for added flexiblity in the contracts tool.

Covesa

Great tool that everyone can use!

Pros

Easy to use Accessible to the entire team East for the client One place to keep everything Invoicing in the system

Cons

I don't like the merchant services company used to collect credit card payments I don't like the floor plan system I'm not crazy about the website option within the event function

Response from Planning Pod

Thank you for your input, Covesa. We will be adding more merchant credit card processors in 2018, so keep an eye out for that. We will also be making updates to our floorplans tool and our event webpage builder tool in Q3 2018, so hopefully those upcoming improvements will satisfy your needs.

Replied March 2018

I used PlanningPod for client management, contracts, and invoices.

Pros

Very easy to use platform with video tutorials. Great for organizing my client event details. They are always looking at ways to improve.

Cons

Would love to be able to have tools for event design. The floor plan tool isn't the easiest to work with.

Davii

I Like This Program

I use this program for most of my events. I like it, but it can use some more functionality and ease of use. Nevertheless, I will continue to use it and hope it improves with time. Price is great too.

Pros

The large font, the different uses that it has which are specific to the events industry.

Cons

It's very slow to load contacts; searching for contacts is a pain; trying to attach vendors and other people involved in the event is clumsy. Searching for venue information is not easy or intuitive. They have no way to run a report for taxes owed at the end of the quarter. Some improvements could be made to their room layout tool to make it quicker, smoother and fewer steps to each change or edit.

Response from Planning Pod

Thanks for your feedback, Davii. We have launched a new version in which we have improved many of the issues you were having, including improving our Contacts tool and simplifying adding contacts and vendors to events. We are also in the midst of overhauling our proposals, invoices and payments tools as well as tax reporting, so those issues are being addressed.

Replied February 2018

Adrienne

Great product! Easy to use and excellent customer services

Pros

Easy to navigate; clear and easy to read emails to clients; proposals are easy to create; invoicing is easy to set and forget! Customer service takes all the requests into consideration and is always implementing new features.

Cons

The customization of columns in the budget section but this is quite minor compared to the amount of features that are available.

Response from Planning Pod

Thanks for your review, Adrienne. We have expanded the options in the Budget tool so hopefully that meets you needs better.

Replied March 2018

Manage everything in one place.

Pros

I could easily manage my multiple events, send emails and notes to clients, create timelines and share them with my team all with just a few clicks.

Cons

They should create an app for smartphones or at least a more user friendly mobile website. Just a tad pricey compared to other options.

Planning pod is the only software I have found that gives me the features I need at a great price.

Pros

The organization tools are great. Floor plan tools are easy to use. Collaboration tools are great. Invoice and proposal tools are very useful.

Cons

I wish it had an inventory management feature. Clients don't always know how to use the tools. I wish I could do a little more with integration with other programs.

Response from Planning Pod

Thanks for your feedback. We have just added a Quick Reference area to your account where you can direct your clients to quickly learn about how to use the tools in your account. We are also adding more integrations with other platforms in Q2 2018. And finally, I appreciate your mention of inventory management, as I will add that to our list of suggested features for future consideration.

Sabrina

Best event management software I ever used

Pros

Multiple useful tools in one platform Easy navigation Flexible templates Excellent customer service

Response from Planning Pod

Thank you for your feedback, Sabrina :)

Abigail

Planning Pod - Improve on RSVPs

Pros

the to do list/reminders is very handy.

Cons

The RSVP format is not very functional because you have to upload a new roster each time there is a change. For a real estate company with over 700 agents, it is counterproductive to upload a new roster for each time for each event. Maybe if there was a way to get it synced.

heather

Planning POd For Event Professionals

Overall not a great match for floral designers, but for other event professionals, such as wedding and event planners, this is one seriously helpful option! I would highly recommend checking it out!

Pros

I was blown away by this software! As a florist who specializes in weddings, this software actually offered more than I needed, but I would highly recommend it to any event planners in need of outstanding planning software!

Cons

For my needs, this software wasn't a good fit because I required a more floral based event planning type of software. This program does have the option to upload design proposals but I still had to create proposals using other methods, which was not time or cost effective.

Planning Pod