Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"One of the greatest things about this software/program is the ease of use."
  • icon"Docs, to each individual session, ease of assigning speakers to sessions, ability to add in exhibitors/sponsor information. You can't beat this price."
  • icon"Favorite features of Sched: spreadsheets to make uploading and developing easier, the ability for attendees to rate sessions (giving us great follow up data!), ability to attach."
  • icon"It is difficult to find your meeting sometimes. There are so many meetings scheduled."
  • icon"Lists of locations should be search sensitive when adding it to the session to avoid duplicates. Some parts of the platform are not as intuitive as they could be."
  • icon"The lack of Spanish interface, because we are in Peru."

Have you used Sched and would like to share your experience with others?

All Sched Reviews

Heather

Industry: Fine Art

Sched is my best friend!

Communication is the main problem that Sched solves. It's an at-a-glance snapshot of an entire evening that easily drills down into specifics. It invites interaction, so that's another communication problem solved/helped. I couldn't be more thrilled to have Sched working on my event's behalf. Thank you!

Pros

What DON'T I love about this software? I love that it does whatever I want--I love that it's accessible and can be organized in so many different views, I love that it's embeddable on other sites, that the links to individual events are shareable, that it's COLOR CODED. I guess if I had to boil it down, I love that Sched creates a central place where my entire event can be housed, with all its moving pieces and participants, and that it's equally friendly to internal and external audiences.

Cons

I might be missing this, but it might be fun to be able to upload artwork for individual sessions. I've also had people ask for a maps function, so it might be cool to be able to see all my venues on a map or diagram, with addresses attached. I'm sure I haven't even begun to understand all that Sched is capable of. I just love that it works for me every year and that my users are getting more acquainted with it, so. . . thanks for staying consistent and continuously improving our experience!

Mohammed

Sched shares the responsibilities and fun in event planning fairly among guests and organizers

My first experience with Sched was as a speaker on a conference event being organized by our foreign collaborators. As my first foreign speaking engagement, I was naturally extremely nervous, but Sched made collaborating with the organizers so easy and that I felt very much at ease and ended up delivering an exceptional session. After that experience, I recommended trying Sched for our own subsequent conference events.

Pros

Sched allows event invitees to build their own schedules within the frame of the general event. This facility empowers us as organizers to make the necessary adjustments to redirect resources to sessions where they will be most-needed. As speaker in Sched-facilitated events, I can also attest that the control it offers me over my profile to directly suggest changes and modifications to event structure makes the entire experience amazingly rewarding.

Cons

It can be a bit overwhelming for planning smaller events. Perhaps, there could be a basic version release which can be more suited for planning fun and less professional gatherings.

Reasons for choosing Sched

There was no way any other product was going to top my first encounter and experience with Sched. Even though our Research Coordinator prefers Whova for events he leads, I stick with Sched for those I lead.

Lane

Horrible Customer Service

It wasn't too difficult to get everything set up, but we needed a human to help us select the right package to purchase. It was way too difficult reaching someone and we were actually told that no one could assist us for at least another week because that department was going to a conference.

Pros

We liked that if needed, you could print out the schedule.

Cons

There is no customer support. The only way to reach someone for assistance is to find a spot on THEIR calendar for them to call you.

Reasons for choosing Sched

We actually tried them first and it was such a bad experience that we switched over to Lineupr.

Response from Sched

Hi Lane, I'm very sorry we were not available for a call right away when you reached out. As a fully remote company, we take one trip a year to do big-picture planning and foster connection. We will be working together to create a better system for handling inquiries during our future off-site team events.

Replied November 2019

Think of it as the streamlined Everbrite app for both attendees and organizers

Don't think of this web service/mobile app as a replacement for Everbrite. Think of it as a complimentary app that can quickly turn volunteers into productive teams and for users to avoid the bloatware of Everbrite as an option. Very impressed and thoroughly satisfied with Sched.

Pros

I recently started using Sched when volunteering at an international business conference. In addition to Everbrite, we were trained on using Sched for checking in attendees and managing custom schedules for workshops, seminars, etc. Though it has less features than say Everbrite, Sched feels much faster and streamlined (especially on my older mobile devices). Fast loading and transitions. The minimalistic UX/UI makes learning how to use the app simple for even non-tech-savvy users. I really liked the website integration. It was very smooth to get people to register or sign up for events then have those events make up a custom schedule for attendees in the mobile Sched app. With thousands of attendees and dozens of workshops a day, we never ran into any technical issues. And I like their cute logo as well :)

Cons

I didn't have any issues with using the app but the only hiccup was explaining the name to others who have never heard or used it. I think for non-native English users, the single syllable abbreviated name was confusing.

Response from Sched

Thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback. I'm so happy to hear Sched streamlined your event and love that we could "quickly turn volunteers into productive teams." This is exactly something we strive for every day. I've passed on your kind words to the whole team -- you made our week!

Replied October 2019

Excellent package and service

We used to publish our own website with conference info; it had the basic info, but it was hard to keep the pieces consistent. Now we link to the Sched site from our event page and attendees find everything there. Speakers can post their pix and handouts and complete/update their profiles and send e-mail blasts to all who signed up for their workshop. We got good reporting and from it (and Google Analytics) see a high engagement rate (not just page views; over half set up accounts and created a personal schedule). This is all from their lowest service level/tier; higher levels integrate more with registration/payment etc., but we already have an online store and used it for front-end registration.

Pros

One-stop shop for event management: attendees, speakers/handouts, exhibitors, rooms, messaging, feedback, social sharing.... Mobile-friendly site and app for participants to create/manage their schedules, submit feedback, share content, etc.. Smart import/export/update Responsive personal tech support Good pricing plans especially for nonprofits

Cons

We ran into a couple of small limitations (e.g. can't embed image in e-mail blast), but we found workarounds and Sched team is using our feedback to improve their platform.

Marci

Go to Conference Scheduling App

Pros

Sched works seamlessly on computers and as a smartphone app. As a conference attendee, I loved how events were coded into different categories, with different colors representing those categories. I also liked how you could create your daily schedule ahead of the conference, and receive email alerts about the events you were scheduled to go to. Sched also allows you to schedule multiple things at the same time, which is key at a busy conference where you have many events and sessions you would like to attend. This capability allows you to see the possible events you've already narrowed your choice down to, but does not restrict you to one.

Cons

I did not like how in order to select events to add to your calendar, you had to scroll through every session/event on every day. The app was not dynamic enough to restrict your options to only one category of events. Similarly, when the conference day was over, you could not easily go back and look at all of the sessions that occurred the day before. To do that, you had to go use the web version.

Ami

Sched.org review

Pros

It's easy to import and export to Excel. Messages available to several types of attendees, and automatic emails with attendees' sessions.

Cons

Missing some automatic refreshing of screens.

Kelly

Love this Event Scheduling software

The folks are great! So responsive when I need help, and have a great sense of humor. They keep things fun :D

Pros

I really like the ease of use, both for the admins when putting the schedule together, and the speakers and attendees in figuring out what's going on and where to go. The feature that sold it to us is that presenters can upload their presentations directly to their presentation description, so it's so easy for them to have everything they need at their fingertips.

Cons

I can't think of anything, honestly. It's a really great product.

Kristen

Couldn't Do It Without Sched

We are a preK-12 school district that hosts a yearly EdCamp in which teachers sign up for workshops delivered by their peers. Sched is a huge time saver, in that it allows us to communicate directly with presenters and attendees, to control the schedule, to create room signage, to add venue maps, and to generally make the day run smoothly. It saves paper, as we don't have to print all those workshop overviews (which we were always doing at the last minute because we had to chase people down for them!), and helps us control the numbers of people attending workshops so they are not overbooked. I don't know how we would be able to do this at this scale without Sched!

Pros

This software takes so much of the redundancy out of event organizing. No need to copy and paste information into twenty different locations, or to type in email addresses multiple times. It is a huge time saver!

Cons

I would like to be able to add a bit more design to the room signage (but it is a hugely helpful feature). It would also be nice for workshop presenters who are also attendees to have their own workshops in their own schedules, without it looking like they are taking up a seat.

Jane

Sched Made My Virtual Event Happen

I had used Sched successfully for a live event but the following year, we were 100% virtual. Sched allowed us to be in touch with attendees easily and provide a well-rounded experience.

Pros

Using the Live Stream feature was simple and it worked every time. My biggest stressor about our virtual event was having the links work. Everything went off without a hitch. Customer service was prompt and knowledgeable.

Cons

I would like to be able to include photos, gifs, and other files to messages we send to session attendees.

Sched is helpful in my everyday life

Pros

Sched is a very great program and intuitive of my needs. Highly recommend to the workplace!

Cons

I have nothing to complain about. It's a great program.

Danielle

August 2022

First time sched user

Pros

It was so easy to sign up for classes for our RISE meeting and get the schedule for the day.

Cons

When there are multiple schedules to choose from it can be a little confusing at first

Barbara

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

April 2022

Sched

I have now used it to host four pro-d conferences for teachers. It would be improved if it was not necessary to involve a secondary agent (EventBrite). This adds another frustrating layer for attendees to pro-d conferences to have to sign in.

Pros

Parts of the software are easy to use - inputting info for speakers and sessions.

Cons

Putting the event on-line and ready for those to sign in was trying - making the event specific to the needs of attendees proved challenging.

Randy

New tools keep me coming back

Great - we will be back again next year

Pros

Integration with Eventbrite registration Growing database of users registered in the system Ability to release video stream only to registered delegates

Cons

Small landing/home page with limited customization

Susan

Sched’s intuitive design taught me how to conference-plan

We are building momentum for professional development by keeping Sched as the “look” of our event for the past three years.

Pros

Visually appealing and professional, easy to collaborate with facilitators and speakers to add their own session info, great feedback reports. Support is fast and super helpful. Appreciate the discounted rate for educational/non-profits.

Cons

Some people want a print program, but I feel great about supporting our organization’s sustainability initiative by using an electronic schedule. Easy to update as needed, too!

Eva