• icon"The ease of use, and the hands on help we've received."
  • icon"Now for the fun part, the ticketing side works great and everyday we get a bcc email from customers who have bought event tickets online."
  • icon"Really nice change from many of the others I've tried. Also, customer service is amazing - they really go the extra mile - being super responsive and supportive."
  • icon"From the outside, functionality requests such as these seem very simplistic, so it was a shame these smaller things couldn't be accomplished."
  • icon"There are some limits to the reporting features that are a little frustrating, but for the cost, we can figure out the work around we need."

All SimpleTix Reviews

Gwyn

Fabulous Ticketing Software

Pros

SimpleTix handles every aspect of ticketing for our classes - from initial sales and roster creation to allergy alerts and easy communication with our guests. And much of it is automated - leaving time for us to focus on other things.

Cons

The only thing that would make our experience any better would be how our guests redeem gift cards. That we still need to do manually.

Response from SimpleTix

Thanks for your review Gwyn. All your cooking classes look really amazing. Thanks for being a SimpleTix customer the past 2 years.

Replied January 2019

Abygail

Highly Recommend

After a thorough review of multiple timed ticketing platforms, it was an easy decision for us to move forward with SimpleTix. The software met all of the requirements we were looking for and our customer experience rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], went above and beyond in making sure it was the right fit and that we were completely comfortable with the software.

Pros

The SimpleTix management interface is user-friendly and offers customization options flexible enough to meet the specific needs, but simple enough that content changes can be easily made in-house. Additionally, the interface offers great front-end customization options so that the customer experience on the website is seamless with the ticketing system experience. SimpleTix doesn’t require a fee for individual reservations compared to some of the enterprise solutions explored.

Cons

SimpleTix doesn't offer a built-in CRM with their platform, however, that's how they're able to keep the cost low. This actually worked out well for us since we were able to integrate a separate CRM via Zapier and save money.

Reasons for choosing SimpleTix

The alternative products that we explored were either too limiting in regards to flexibility and customization options or were much more complex and better suited as an enterprise-type solution. SimpleTix was the most cost-effective solution that met all of our requirements.

Response from SimpleTix

Thanks for your review Abygail!

Replied May 2021

Karla

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Does not work for events that have multiple event times and locations

I was skeptical about it working for our festival, but the support team assured me it would and even set it up for us after I gave them all the necessary information. But when registrations started coming in and I couldn't get reports that I needed and event tickets listed one location and time for all events. Then team told me I had to set it up differently, so I spent 3 hrs doing it. During test runs after finishing I realized people could not purchase admission and a banquet ticket and a bus trip ticket without checking out 3 times...once for each ticket. This seems so basic, yet is not possible. I wouldn't have been upset if they had told me at the start it wouldn't meet my needs, but I was told it would by 2 people. Then when it was apparent it wouldn't work it took over 2 business days for them to let me know. Currently, I have some registrations in Simpletix that I will have to manually put into a new registration system once I figure out what that will be, and we have customers upset they can't register. Do not use this system for festivals or other events that have separate events within them with different dated or times.

Pros

Many options You can add your own graphics Option to scan pre-purchased tickets at the door

Cons

-It couldn't work for our festival, as we have multiple events at different times, like 3 bus trips and a banquet. -2 different support staff told me it would work, and in the end, it did not

Response from SimpleTix

We worked with this client, gathered the ticket price details, and put together the event page very early on. Then after going live we learned that each of the ticket prices were for totally different events at different locations and different times. If we knew this up front we should have suggested going another route. While it's still quite simple, we just needed to know that in the beginning. SimpleTix is a great solution for festivals and conferences.

Replied January 2019

Buster

We're an annual community event that happens once-a-year, this is our first time using SimpleTix.

Organizing attendees for a five-day festival and contest, so we want to track who is interested in attending and be able to promote with discount codes and other perks. Also able to issue manual tickets, have them emailed, or sent as text to phone. Also lots of ways to set up your site with a theme, though I decided the standard look was the best for me. Honestly, I like having the ability to customize and this site allows so much customization. Also, they don't hold back all the features for the premium membership, they're generous with the features you get compared to other, more expensive sites even if you stick to the basic level. I would totally use the premium features, but we aren't at that budget level yet. However, under a less amount for each ticket is a great deal.

Pros

Everything I could imagine needing from this software is included in the basic features. The cost-per-ticket is less (less if you pre-print) AND SimpleTix helps us figure out the Square pass-through fees and include them in the service fee cost. Had no issues setting up Square. I like that anyone can use their phone to scan with the app. To be fair, at the time of this review I have used the website to setup a pretty decent ticket portal, but we haven't tested it at the door yet. We are excited that we can change the email form letters that people get when they order. I think getting actual labeled tickets makes the guests feel more confident as well.

Cons

I don't think it's a con, but in order to maximize the program/website, you may have to ask a few questions. There was no issue for me on that part, I received a more-than-thorough response any time I needed it. (I accessed help by phone and email, both were outstanding and easy.)

Response from SimpleTix

Thanks for your review Adam!

Replied January 2018

Meryl

Well, I'm SOLD!

I have used many other platforms and so far this is my favorite.

Pros

The ease and flexibility of the software. The customer service is very responsive.

Cons

I'd like more flexibility in the return receipt email confirmation

Kate

A quick an easy solution

So glad we found this program. It integrates very easily with Square which we already use. Setup and management are very easy.

Pros

This was so easy to set up! The customer support we received from the beginning was incredible. In our demo, not only did they show us around the program but the also helped us set up our first event! And, it is very easy to manage. Grateful to find this solution.

Cost and access.

Reasons for switching to SimpleTix

Artful.ly shut down and we were without a ticketing software solution.

Sally

3rd year of using SimpleTix for a fund-raising event and wouldn't think of going elsewhere.

Pros

Software is easy to use and any questions/issues have been answered quickly/efficiently by the support staff. 1st year set-up required quite a bit of help to tailor our needs and help us understand how to make the most of the product. The support staff was great with this process. The 2nd and now 3rd year have been seamless. We were able to add a feature this year to allow contributors to make donations in addition to purchasing tickets for the fund-raising event, which should greatly increase our total contributions.

Cons

1st year took a little getting used to, but could be my lack of technical skills. Once things were explained by the support staff, found the software easy to use and navigate between the administrator/set-up functions and our website.

Response from SimpleTix

Thanks Sally!

Replied May 2018

Peter

Wonderful service - and it just works

Pros

Used a bunch of other ticketing systems for my events. Simpletix is affordable, has all the features I need, and it *just* *works*. Really nice change from many of the others I've tried. Also, customer service is amazing - they really go the extra mile - being super responsive and supportive. I upgraded to a plan I didn't need by mistake and within 20 minutes of contacting support, the CEO reached out personally to help out and quickly resolved the issue. Can't recommend them highly enough!

Cons

Nothing. Had a really good experience using it. Perhaps not the "prettiest" UI on the admin side, but looks good for ticket buyers and works flawlessly on both sides.

Response from SimpleTix

Thanks for your review Peter!

Replied April 2019

Pratibha

Great ticketing software with reserved seating features

Pros

The overdue review - Simpletix was able to solve my organization's need of providing reserved seating. With some learning, I was able to create a seating chart, assign differing prices to seats (even within different rows and seating blocks), and integrate the software to payment gateways seamlessly. The customer support I received was excellent, and really helped me (not knowing any css programming) customize the software per my requirement. The turnaround time for my queries was quite fast, with support available on weekends. Despite a couple of concerns as I have mentioned in the "Cons" section, I will definitely use Simpletix again for all of my ticketing needs in the future and recommend it to others.

Cons

One major concern I faced was that I had to redo the entire seating chart (with the complicated layout and the differing prices) 1 day before our launch due to some software issue. I did receive support for this, but I would have liked to avoid the last minute scramble. Also, updates to the code in the background caused a few minor changes, but I did get good customer support in addressing them. Finally, I found that the help and user guides were somewhat confusing in the way they have been organized, and can be arranged in a more intuitive fashion.

Response from SimpleTix

Thanks for the feedback Pratibha. Since your event we have made many improvements to the chart builder. When it comes time to your next event you will like the new updates!

Replied July 2017

Sally

Industry: Fund-Raising

September 2016

Safe Harbor Recovery Center Fundraising Event

We needed a source to sell tickets for a fundraising event - had no prior experience with this and no idea how to proceed. SimpleTix was recommended to us, so got in touch with them and they walked us through the entire process from set-up to final close-out. We needed their help many times through the process - customer service was excellent and all of our needs/issues were taken care of in a timely manner. They also helped us with integration from the ticket sales to a merchant account so funds could go directly to our bank account. Very affordable - would highly recommend to anyone in need of ticket sales, donations, other sources of public funding.

Pros

After figuring out the set-up and working through several adjustments, found the software could do anything we needed done, including notifying participants, downloading customer lists, adding additional ticket pricing to accommodate donations, etc.

Cons

Took a little hunting to find exactly what was needed in a few instances, but watching the tutorials provided probably would have answered these questions and customer service was able to point us in the right direction and solve our issues.

Response from SimpleTix

Thanks for the kind words Sally!

Replied September 2016

Emmanuel

Industry: Public Safety

we just had to come up with the idea and SimpleTix did the rest

I very much enjoyed SimpleTix and am looking forward to our next event. All aspects of the service went without a hitch, and their Customer Service agents are such a delight. Every attendee and member of the event teams have had great experiences with our events, thanks to Simple Tix.

Pros

SimpleTix integrates with all our favorite tools and software. With Zoom to make remote planning sessions easy, with Stripe for safe and secure payment processing, and with Salesforce to easily coordinate our events with other associated project activities.

Cons

I have no complains from my experience with SimpleTix. And all my team members enjoyed using it as well.

Reasons for choosing SimpleTix

Majority of the team voted for SimpleTix with different reasons for their choices.

Response from SimpleTix

Hi Emmanuel, thanks for your review. Glad to see the SimpleTix + Zoom integration worked well for your organization.

Replied August 2021

Adam

SimpleTix is simply a great ticketing and events platform

Overall our experience with SimpleTix was tremendous! I cannot say enough good things about the communication, care, responsiveness, and helpfulness that our reps offered. All correspondence and requests were met in a very timely manner, the support for customization and edits was absolutely fantastic! Completely wonderful customer service!! 5 stars!

Pros

There were several aspects of the SimpleTix platform that were extremely beneficial. We vetted many options for ticketing platforms for our event, and SimpleTix was a clear front-runner from our first discussion. The pricing was very reasonable and competitive, and the functionality of the platform met our essential needs for the customization that was required for the specific event, which called for a custom floor plan and reservation system.

Cons

There were some seemingly very basic features that we were told couldn't be done. Needs and requests such as changing the color of a reserved seat to the color red or black upon reservation, or the specific numbering of seats in a certain configuration were not met, as we were told things like this couldn't be done. From the outside, functionality requests such as these seem very simplistic, so it was a shame these smaller things couldn't be accomplished.

Roger

Time used: Free Trial

November 2011

The Solution We Needed

We like working with SimpleTix because they are a young, growing company and we feel we can grow with them. The service is 5 star and if a problem does crop up, they are quick to remedy the situation. The site has so many features that we have not utilized all of them yet. It's by far the best bang for the buck on the market today, hands down.

Pros

We started looking for an event ticketing solution and we reviewed many differerent providers. We chose SimpleTix based on the fact that it offered not only a ticketing solution, but also a shopping cart solution. The learning curve for SimpleTix is not too steep, the company offers dozens of self-help video tutorials that helped alot in the beginning. Since I am not a web developer, it probably took me longer to get the site up an running than would be a professional developer, but I am very happy that I took the time to learn the application. Now I can add and modify events with a few clicks, add new images, promotional banners, promo codes, products, and other pages to the site without going through a web developer. Now for the fun part, the ticketing side works great and everyday we get a bcc email from customers who have bought event tickets online. The system works and it's very cost effective for all the components your get. We are very happy we chose SimpleTix.

Cons

For what we use SimpleTix for, I really can't think of any con's.

Tim

I had missed a step in setting up payment. Received fast response to complete the process.

Pros

As a small non-profit with only one major annual fundraiser, SimpleTix provides great pre/post reporting, it's easy to navigate, most importantly-easy for my guests to purchase tickets. I've only needed customer support one time. I reached out at end of business day and would have been pleased to have received a response the next morning. I leave the office, go to dinner, check my emails and had received a response by email with the solution less than an hour after submitting a ticket. I was able to correct the issue with my phone using the link provided and we were ready to sell tickets! Additionally, when I got to the office the next morning I had received a phone call from Aron on how to address the issue. Impressive!

Response from SimpleTix

Thanks for your review Tim!

Replied December 2017

Nancy

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Professional-looking reservation site with outstanding customer support

This software allows us to easily get people registered for our workshops through an affordable, professional-looking site.

Pros

As a small business owner, it was important to me to provide a reservation system that was businesslike and professional. I was able to get all of the features I needed at an affordable rate. SimpleTix was super-great about follow-up and support. I signed up for their personalized web support when I started, which I would recommend for anyone like me who isn't particularly tech-savvy. Aron was great about helping me answer subsequent questions that were specific to my site and not in FAQs. He even created a video tutorial in about 15 minutes based on one of my questions. So, good continuous improvement, too!

Cons

The only reason I didn't give five stars is that I actually did have to ask for help a couple of times. I found the payment gateway portion to be the biggest challenge -- not because of SimpleTix, but more on the payment processor side (choosing a provider that would fit my needs, getting the account up and running and getting the proper info to interface with SimpleTix).

Response from SimpleTix

Thanks for the review Nancy!

Replied December 2017