All Slido Reviews

Easy, practical...ideal!

Chamaru

Newspapers, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Complete digital event engagement all in one platform

We are happy to use Slido to have polls and Q&A sessions. That's the easiest platforms for the specific job.

PROS

The best thing about Slido is the polls and online q&a feature. The polls in Slido are so easy that I use that feature to hold polls in our team even when there is no meeting. The Q&A feature in Slido allows us to have interactive Q&A sessions with the audience because the audience can vote for the Questions such that they come up in the list and that allows us to reduce duplicate questions during large audience meetings.

CONS

The events in Slido can be scheduled only for a limited time. I usually restart ended events again and again to bypass that. It would be great if we can keep events for a more extended time. I couldn't find an option to do so.

Reasons for switching to Slido

This platform is a lot easier to manage and packs all you need for polls during an event.

Hi Chamaru, Many thanks for the positive review, we're really happy to hear that you are content with Slido and its ease of use. Your support is much appreciated. In regards to your comment about limited time, our paid plans allow you to keep an event open for up to a year. Hopefully this helps! Thanks, Filipa.

Replied June 2022

Miguel

Events Services, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2020

No better way to get attendees to become participants

I've always had an excellent experience with Slido and I've been using is as a speaker, session participant and event organiser for 4-5 years. The system is solid and really flexible.

PROS

I like how simple Slido is to use (one URL + one hashtag, or scan a QR code > instantly usable on any browser). I also like how many options it has (quite a few but not overwhelming) and the way it can help instantly visualise data. It can be a simple tool to receive questions but can also facilitate instant data analysis.

CONS

I think Slido gets it just right when it comes to usability. I would like to see some updates on the look and feel, and I think one or two more visualisation options would be welcome.

Reason for choosing Slido

Great team behind the product, simple to use yet very powerful.

GangTing

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Good

PROS

QA anonymous that can activate audiences to response me

CONS

None slido,s feature is good enough vote and q/a is best

Opal

Primary/Secondary Education, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2024

Great for Engaging Students

Again, using the free version, I haven't had any negative experiences with Slido and have already made other teacher colleagues aware of this app they can use with their own virtual classes.

PROS

I like the fact that I can keep students actively engaged and monitor student learning throughout a virtual live lesson. I also really enjoy seeing the results from the questions/polling that I do with students in real time.

CONS

As a teacher, it is a bit pricey, which is why I only use the free version. In the free version, we only get 3 slides to use with slido without any images.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2023

Slido is the best tool for hearing Team's Voice through online Polling & Voting

Very good experience for all employees from all geographies & demographies.

PROS

- Great tool for Polling- Finest user experience- Allows privacy through maintaining anonymity of participants names.- Provides instant results for Voting

CONS

- This is a simple tool, very beneficial for receiving genuine employees feedback. We don't see any shortfalls in it.- However, to make it more dynamic, more features can be introduced to the Platform.

Reasons for switching to Slido

We made a switch because Slido is much more convincing & user friendly

Reviewed January 2022

Not over engineered and quick set up.

It help liven up online presentations. It also helped get a real feel for the true feelings of the audience.

PROS

I like the ease with which it took to master it. It's intuitive and in an Online Training session it's quick to launch and get feedback. It doesn't intimidate first time users. I also like the analytics and post event feedback.

CONS

Perhaps a few extra templates but really was happy enough with selection.

Reasons for switching to Slido

The initial learning curve was too hard with mentmenter. I felt it wasn't as intuitive as Slido.

Hi there, Many thanks for this positive review, we're really happy to hear that you are content with Slido and it's ease of use. Your support is much appreciated. Thanks, Filipa.

Replied February 2022

Ozama

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Great for conference polling

No complaints aside from a few suggested improvements for a better user experience (re rooms)

PROS

Used at an international conference to take audience polls during different sessions. Worked really well. Audience liked it too. Being able to use different question types and save the answers for later anaylisis is great.

CONS

Not being able to program rooms to activate at certain days or times. Not having a unique QR code for each room - made things complicated.

Reason for choosing Slido

Visualization on Mentimeter was not ideal when there were many options.

Reasons for switching to Slido

Visualization on Mentimeter was not ideal when there were many options.

Asfak

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2022

A great tool for educators & audience

Slido is a favorite tool for all of my meetings. It is easy to make meetings more fun and interactive with Slido. I prefer Slido because it's simple to use. Its integration with Powerpoint makes it a go-to choice for me.

PROS

Slido's best features are the polls and online Q&A. It is really easy to integrate with PPT. Slido's polls are so simple to use that I use them to hold polls in my team even when there isn't a meeting. The audience can vote for questions to appear on the list, reducing duplicate questions.

CONS

The pricing plan could be improved. Schedules are limited time only. The limited 3 quiz is frustrating.

Reasons for switching to Slido

Slido is easy to use. The interface & functionality is easy to use even for beginners.

Meline

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Live Polling without Monthly Subscription

I signed up for their lowest product option for a single event at $60 only and I thought it was an excellent value and product. I was able to even to customize my #code name.

PROS

The best thing about Slido is to sign up for the service on a case by case basis. Most other companies like it you would have to do a subscription.

CONS

I'm not that tech savvy, so I wasn't sure how to embed the live poll in my powerpoint slide.

Reason for choosing Slido

The only company that offered an event only purchase option.

Micheline

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Slido always impress our participant.s

Very engaging during training.

PROS

Easy to use, very engaging for participants, during our training... They love to compare their answers with the rest of the group.

CONS

Multi Rooms: After they are created, it would be nice if they did not depend on multiple Slido user managers to launch them.

Reasons for switching to Slido

Slido has more possibilities.

SANJAY

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed December 2020

Best solution to make your meeting Interactive

Slido was a favorite tool in my all meetings, I use this to make meetings more fun and interactive, though many applications have inbuilt Q&A feature, I would go with Slido because it's easy to use and especially for the upvoting feature in the Q&A. Polling feature is also one of the recently used features and it's really easy to use.

PROS

I like most the features they introduced, especially the Q&A and polling feature which makes all the meetings so interactive, and upvoting to the questions is the lacking feature in the competitor's platform. The recent feature which analyse the keyword and displaying the word wrap is again useful and the interesting fact is the most of the tools can use it free to an extend.

CONS

If the trial version is more then it would be easy to try out all the features and would help to understand the potential and buy the subscription. Also, the subscription price is a bit high when comes to a single user, if it is paid as you use, it would be great. Initially, when I used the product it was a bit hard to understand how to use the platform, it would be better an animated tutorial when sign-up happens.

Reasons for switching to Slido

Kahoot loading time is very slow and mostly browser stuck while playing and required good system capability to do the Meeting Online. Kahoot is easy and fast to use. Account creation and collaboration i felt more use in slido.com

Carolyn

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed January 2023

We needed help building more interaction in our Virtual Classroom....and Slido was the answer

Slido has made our virtual classroom more interactive. The ease of use, combined with the reliability of the product has made it an important part of how we deliver our learning programs.

PROS

We've been using Slido to increase interaction in our virtual classroom since the start of the pandemic. We were used to conducting quick pulse checks with our learners and Slido has made this easy. We love the word cloud feature to gather group sentiment around different topics. The tool is very easy for all of our learners to use and offers multiple access points - via web url or QR code. I've never had issues with the tool - very reliable.

CONS

It took at little while to determine the best way to share our Slide screens in presentations but I would chalk that up to user error, not a fault of the product.

Slido is easier to use.

Matej

Broadcast Media, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Best tool for live and online events

I use Slido ever since I saw it at a conference. User experience is great both for the presenter and the audience. Numerous integrations with Powerpoint, Google Slides, Zoom help make presentations seamlessly interactive. I also love the fact it supports my mother language.

PROS

Slido events are easy to set up and even easier to use. Of all the tools I used at live and online events, Slido brings the highest interaction rates.

CONS

I wish I could mark questions in a survey as required. This is not an option just yet. It would be useful for me.

Reason for choosing Slido

I was so happy with the design and functionalities i did not look further. I am familiar with Kahoot! and Mentimeter, but none does the job for me.

Hi Matej, Thank you for your review, we really appreciate that you're happy with Slido and will work hard to keep it that way! I have sent your idea of marking survey questions as required to our product team. - Filipa

Replied September 2021

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Simple, yet super effective

Virtual Facilitation has increased dramatically since the pandemic, and being able to engage with our Managers through a screen, compared to F2F, was always going to be a challenge. Now with the tools from Slido, this has become so much easier for me as a facilitator, and fun for the learners, as it gives the conversation more richness in discussion, through using what they Managers have answered, as they pop up on the screen.

PROS

I came across Slido following a post I saw on LinkedIn, advertising that you can include Slido software directly into your PowerPoint. I checked it out, and within 24 hours I had changed the interaction in my slides to include quizzes, polls, and word clouds etc, which was amazing! The software is as it says, simple and easy to use. Downloading the software was quick and easy, and within minutes I was logged in and setting up my slides with Slido interactions. Additional to this is the admin system, which allows you to pull the stats and data from the quizzes etc. Just seen the further update this week, that Slido is now a feature within MS Teams, this is a win win for me, as we use Teams in our organisation - life just got better!

CONS

Not yet, however I have yet to start pulling the answers from the past 2 weeks sessions, which I'm going to use to pull together some data for a presentation for my Directors on the engagement in our Virtual Sessions. So I hope its as easy as putting the sessions together.

Samuel

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Know More with slido

PROS

It's faster than others polling software

CONS

Doesn't easily intergrate with other softwares

Bára

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed January 2023

A great tool for any Q&A opportunities

We're happy with Slido and don't think of switching to any other services.

PROS

We use Slido for various conferences (the audience can post questions for the speakers) and at work for company-wide meetings. It's easy to set up and use, both for admins and for the audience. The audience can post questions anonymously, which might be easier for some sensitive topics.

CONS

If you need Moderation, it's quite expensive, but if you're a non-profit organisation, you can apply for a discount.

Catalin Romeo

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Great solution

Very happy with the solution.

PROS

I used some of te slido features to deliver training. The word cloud feature is very nice, as well as the surveys and quizes throughout the presentation. It helps with keeping the audience engaged. I tried before using a different software and I had a lot of restrictions (maximum 2 slides, etc.). It's also very easy to use in a training environment, as you can turn questions on and off throughout the training, and they show up on the participants phones as they are turned on.

CONS

I couldn't find any faults. The software delivered what I expected.

Reasons for switching to Slido

Many restrictions on the free version.

Hey Catalin Romeo. Thank you very much for leaving this review. I'm glad to hear that you found Slido easy to use and that it helped you with keeping the audience engaged. Keep it up! Best, Adam

Replied May 2021