What are Slido users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Slido software through verified user reviews

• icon"It makes your events super engaging and easy. Will definitely use again."
  • icon"My clients love the quiz function. It is super easy to make a poll in an instant."
  • icon"Clean and snappy design, quick set up, and super easy for end users."
  • icon"It is hard to learn how to use it and too many steps. I had a colleague explained the different steps and tried several times."
  • icon"There is still limited integration with MacOS and also Apple application such as Keynote."
  • icon"I might have missed that this is possible, but I didn't find it right away."

Browse all Slido Reviews

• Have you used Slido and would like to share your experience with others?

François

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Easy, practical...ideal!

Industry: Military

Excellent tool to engage audience

Simple, intuitive, and exactly what I needed to engage my students

Pros

I just use the free version, but it gave me all the tools I needed to engage the audience in a set of briefings I give frequently. With the free version you are limited to only 3 polls, but that is enough for my use. I have looked at upgrading, and the price is reasonable if you wish to e corporate more polls and other paid features into your briefing

Cons

There is a beta for powerpoint integration, but I couldn't get it to work. But by simply copying the QR code they provided into my presentation, the audience didn't miss out on anything integrated into the presentation

Reasons for choosing Slido

It had a sufficient free option, but if I chose to upgrade, the price is still reasonable

Pricing

Response from Slido

Hi Mark. Thank you for your positive review. It's great to hear that Slido helps you with audience engagement and intraction. I'm sorry to hear that you had troubles with our PowerPoint integration. I'd be happy to investigate this further and see what might've happened. As the integration is only in Beta, we're constantly looking for ways how to improve it. If you have a spare moment, could you please reach out to me at experience@slido.com so we can have a look? Thank you. Adam

Replied February 2021

Janna

April 2022

Easy for participants

Overall, easy to set up and use. Like that it's easy for participants to join. A little pricier than other formats but comparative. Please pursue universities to purchase a campus-wide plan!

Pros

Easy to integrate with PPT. Easy for users to enter the quiz with QR code. Love the Q&A feature. Interested in moderation feature with upgraded plan.

Cons

Difficult to get approved by Cyber Security folks through university. Please be more aggressive in providing security assurances to higher ed institutions to make it easier for employees to try and implement software. Also would like question limit on free plan to be a little higher, even if on a trial period basis. Would like to have a free trial period of some of the premium features.

Reasons for choosing Slido

I'm still in the decision phase, so I haven't yet.

Reasons for switching to Slido

Needed a free plan allowing more participants. Wanted to also test a different product for ease of use.

Response from Slido

Hi Janna, Thank you for taking out the time to leave us a review- it's much appreciated as it helps us grow and improve. We're happy to hear that overall you were satisfied with the product. We offer dedicated EDU plans that are discounted, have a look at https://www.sli.do/pricing?plan=edu and maybe some would be a good fit. Note that we offer a 30 day money back guarantee (no questions asked) if you find out that the features don't match your use-case. We have a number of cyber security certificates already in place and are always working on improving our privacy and security. Perhaps this page might be helpful for your security team - https://www.sli.do/security. Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with and hopefully Slido can serve you well into the future :) Best, Filipa

Replied May 2022

Jovana

Slido is an opinion-maker!

I first time used any similar product and was thrilled that it integrates both QA and polls. Nonprofits should find the product most valuable.

Pros

It integrates several alike features and is an irreplaceable tool for getting to know what people think.

Cons

The paying plan is lacking proportion. There should be some in-betweens in terms of pricing.

Heather

April 2022

Great for internal use

Overall - I love this tool and have found that this really helps with engagement, especially for networking events. Love the word clouds and how this can help guide conversation.

Pros

This is a very easy tool to use if you are using it for completely internal purposes and solely for internal presentations/events. very easy to learn and the videos that Slido has to teach the tool are quick and easy to share with new staff and show the elements very nicely.

Cons

This tool can be hard to integrate if you have panelists/speakers coming into your organization using different systems and wanting to use polling this has presented challenges as it can be hard to integrate Slido into different systems. For example if you have one person using Power point and another using Google Slides, they wont both be able to easily implement Slido into their presentations (at least not that we have been able to find).

Response from Slido

Hi Heather, Thank you so much for taking out your time to leave us a review- it's much appreciated as it always helps us improve. We're glad you like the tool and the videos as well, and sorry to hear there was some difficulty integrating Slido into other systems. We actually do offer direct integrations with both GoogleSlides as well as PowerPoint, so you don't have to switch between the tools during the presentations. Have a look at this page as it might be helpful for the future- https://www.sli.do/features-integrations Best, Filipa

Replied April 2022

Miguel

No better way to get attendees to become participants

I've always had an excellent experience with Slido and I've been using is as a speaker, session participant and event organiser for 4-5 years. The system is solid and really flexible.

Pros

I like how simple Slido is to use (one URL + one hashtag, or scan a QR code > instantly usable on any browser). I also like how many options it has (quite a few but not overwhelming) and the way it can help instantly visualise data. It can be a simple tool to receive questions but can also facilitate instant data analysis.

Cons

I think Slido gets it just right when it comes to usability. I would like to see some updates on the look and feel, and I think one or two more visualisation options would be welcome.

Reasons for choosing Slido

Great team behind the product, simple to use yet very powerful.

Not over engineered and quick set up.

It help liven up online presentations. It also helped get a real feel for the true feelings of the audience.

Pros

I like the ease with which it took to master it. It's intuitive and in an Online Training session it's quick to launch and get feedback. It doesn't intimidate first time users. I also like the analytics and post event feedback.

Cons

Perhaps a few extra templates but really was happy enough with selection.

Reasons for switching to Slido

The initial learning curve was too hard with mentmenter. I felt it wasn't as intuitive as Slido.

Response from Slido

Hi there, Many thanks for this positive review, we're really happy to hear that you are content with Slido and it's ease of use. Your support is much appreciated. Thanks, Filipa.

Replied February 2022

Tatiana

March 2022

Slido Review

Pros

This software is easy to download & very user friendly! You can enter your name, ask questions, give answers, 'like' other participants answers etc. Very easy to use and have engagement throughout your meetings.

Cons

I'm not sure if there is anything to improve... perhaps the ability to withdraw an answer or question...?

Response from Slido

Hi Tatiana, Many thanks for this positive review, we're really happy to hear that you are content with Slido and its ease of use. In regards to your suggestion - you can actually edit or withdraw a question within 5 minutes after sending unless your question has already been approved and highlighted in Present mode. Your support is much appreciated. Thanks, Filipa.

Replied March 2022

Vinicius

March 2022

Review for Slido

Great for live pool questions and feedback.

Pros

Easy to use. Many live pool question templates. Results easy for read.

Cons

Low versatility. Miss features like personalized agenda.

Easy to use.

Response from Slido

Hi Vinicus, Many thanks for this review, we're really happy to hear that you are content with Slido and the ease of use. Sorry to hear we didn't meet all your expectations and hopefully we can improve over time, as we add new features continually. Your support is much appreciated. Thanks, Filipa.

Replied April 2022

LEGAL LIVE 2021 - Join the virtual LEGAL REVOLUTION

Dreamlike. Unfortunately, we did not have the time to deal with the upgrades and incorporate them into our event. But for the benefit of the Q&A it was great! Thank you Sli.do-Team :) You make the World of Virtual Events better!

Pros

Very easy handling. It was easy to integrate into our platform. And by using Sli.do, we had the ability to do the Q&A with downvotes and upvotes at our event.

Cons

Sometimes it was not so easy to find for our visitors with Macbooks, because many people thought the little blue dot was for support. It should be basically opened out.

Response from Slido

Hi David. Thank you so much for your positive review and kind words. We really appreciate it. If you encounter any issues with Slido, I'd be happy to discuss them further. Please feel free to reach out at experience@slido.com and I'd be happy to go over any concerns you might have. Best, Adam.

Karen

Love Slido

Excellent experience with the product

Pros

The software encourages quick audience participation. My favorite feature is the Word Cloud and poll function. I like how easy it is to either use the QR code or log in.

Cons

Since the function to embed in the powerpoint has become available, I don't have any complaints. It used to be annoying to have to toggle between screens but that is gone now.

Response from Slido

Hello Karen. Thanks a lot for your positive review of Slido. We're happy to see that you enjoy using our product and that the PowerPoint integration has helped as well. Best, Adam

Francesca

Great for starting discussions/springboard

Pros

very straightforward way of soliciting questions during an open discussion. Easy to vote/ prioritise on which question/topic will be discussed. Anonymity allows people to feel more secure in asking tough questions.

Cons

Anonymity allows people to troll and ask questions that can be challenging to answer, for all to see. No way to 'close the loop' automatically for unanswered questions. we often just throw these into a google doc/excel for manual answering later.

Zoltan

May 2022

Easy to use and gets the job done

Pros

I love Slido's ease of use. Even if I only have a few minutes before an event, I can set up Slido Q&A and get it working right away!

Cons

I would love to have a setting where I could show the slido QnA URL in a single large text to my audience so they can go and open the event UI right away.

Lee

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Virtual Team Meeting

Pros

Extremely easy to set up and use and succeeded in good audience participation

Cons

There were a couple of instances where there was a delay in clicking results and them displaying

Response from Slido

Hello Lee. Thank you for your review of Slido. We're happy to see that Slido helps with your audience participation. I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced some issues with delays. Have you already discussed this with us? If not, I'd be happy to discuss this further, please feel free to send us an email at experience@slido.com. Best, Adam

SANJAY

Best solution to make your meeting Interactive

Slido was a favorite tool in my all meetings, I use this to make meetings more fun and interactive, though many applications have inbuilt Q&A feature, I would go with Slido because it's easy to use and especially for the upvoting feature in the Q&A. Polling feature is also one of the recently used features and it's really easy to use.

Pros

I like most the features they introduced, especially the Q&A and polling feature which makes all the meetings so interactive, and upvoting to the questions is the lacking feature in the competitor's platform. The recent feature which analyse the keyword and displaying the word wrap is again useful and the interesting fact is the most of the tools can use it free to an extend.

Cons

If the trial version is more then it would be easy to try out all the features and would help to understand the potential and buy the subscription. Also, the subscription price is a bit high when comes to a single user, if it is paid as you use, it would be great. Initially, when I used the product it was a bit hard to understand how to use the platform, it would be better an animated tutorial when sign-up happens.

Reasons for switching to Slido

Kahoot loading time is very slow and mostly browser stuck while playing and required good system capability to do the Meeting Online. Kahoot is easy and fast to use. Account creation and collaboration i felt more use in slido.com

Kenneth

Love the Changes made!

Engaging my audience is always a challenge. Slido allows me to get participation without asking them to standup and speakout in a crowd. They become considerably more interested with where I am going with my discussions.

Pros

I started using slido 2 years ago. I do 3-4 conference talks each year. I have also tried many ways to better engage my audience and bring them into the talk. At that time I was required to use my smartphone to activate each poll of which I use 3 during the class. A couple of weeks ago I was setting it up to use again and this time I discovered the power point integration. When I set it u, which was pretty easy, I was able to use the ppt slides and when I got to a slide for the poll, it pops up automatically and immediately activates the desired poll. And this conference was virtual so I was able to use it sharing my screen on Zoom and people across the country participated in the 3 polls I had.

Cons

Setting it up takes some time but I think it works pretty well.

Simple Setup, Great for Conferences

With Sli.do we've been able to get more feedback from attendees at the ends of conferences. The question and answer sessions have gone much more smoothly since there's no need to get up, find a mic, or go to the front. They just keep flowing from the screen.

Pros

Sli.do literally invites persons attending conferences to ask questions from the comfort of their mobile device for speakers and presenters to answer. It returns an interactive element that has been long missing in big event sessions. It's ridiculously easy for attendees to get in and participate without having to download an app and just as easy to set up for a multimedia team. If you're not using Sli.do at your next conference then you're missing out on valuable opportunities for audience feedback. If you're worried about people posing inappropriate questions, there's moderation feature so you can control what questions go live.

Cons

The hardest part was for the multimedia team or presenter in controlling Sli.do and the other presentation content. They had to keep switching back and forth. There is a download available that allows you to overlay Sli.do content on top of your presentation now. That make things a bit easier.

Anonymous Meeting Interaction

We use Slido in large all group meetings with executives. Normally after a presentation based on the state of the company or a project, we will bring Slido up and allow participants to ask questions. Sometimes those questions are painful or difficult and participants would be hesitant to ask those questions would it not be for Slido. Slido allows us to have open communication without the fear of retribution for bringing up the tough topics.

Pros

I like the technology integration and the ability to keep meeting attendees involved honest by allowing them to remain anonymous.

Cons

I wish that common questions or themes could be grouped together instead of being displayed individually.

Response from Slido

Thank you for your response, we're glad you're finding Slido helpful during your meetings. Have you tried using Labels feature to group questions that have a common theme? It might not fit your use-case entirely but could be useful to an extent. This article might be help you - https://community.sli.do/audience-q-a-42/label-audience-questions-517 Additionally, there is a new feature that informs participants if they're typing a question that is similar to any that already exists. It's useful to avoid duplicate questions and you can turn it on in settings 'Slido Labs' tab. I hope these two features can improve the challenges you've faced in the past. If you need any more help or have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@slido.com

Replied September 2021

Josef

First experience

Sli.do was used by our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and I decided to use it for my training as well. I've never used it before, but in about 20 minutes I could use and try it. Before the sharp use, I tried it out on my own device and then deleted the results, so I knew what I was getting into. In addition, in the first e-mail I received tips on how to make the first icebreak question, for example.

Pros

Not software, but I am the one who determines the pace, how long the question will be answerable, when it will be possible to vote and when not. While using, I was the master of my own time and I determined the whole course, it suited me.

Cons

I missed the opportunity to find out names. This is only for the quiz, but I would appreciate it in general for the whole questionnaire.

Reasons for switching to Slido

Because the Google questionnaire only allowed for immediate completion, it is more suitable for offline completion. I used Sli.do to interact directly with the respondents and we immediately consulted the results. It also helped me keep the audience's attention.

Response from Slido

Hi Josef. Thank you so much for the positive review. It's great to hear how Slido helped you with engaging your audience and that you managed to set it up with ease. Just as a side note - it's possible to capture the names of your participants but only with our paid plans. You can learn more about this feature in the following article: https://community.sli.do/setting-up-a-slido-event-82/get-participants-names-and-emails-490 Best, Adam.

Replied May 2021

Matej

Industry: Broadcast Media

Best tool for live and online events

I use Slido ever since I saw it at a conference. User experience is great both for the presenter and the audience. Numerous integrations with Powerpoint, Google Slides, Zoom help make presentations seamlessly interactive. I also love the fact it supports my mother language.

Pros

Slido events are easy to set up and even easier to use. Of all the tools I used at live and online events, Slido brings the highest interaction rates.

Cons

I wish I could mark questions in a survey as required. This is not an option just yet. It would be useful for me.

Reasons for choosing Slido

I was so happy with the design and functionalities i did not look further. I am familiar with Kahoot! and Mentimeter, but none does the job for me.

Response from Slido

Hi Matej, Thank you for your review, we really appreciate that you're happy with Slido and will work hard to keep it that way! I have sent your idea of marking survey questions as required to our product team. - Filipa

Replied September 2021

Ted

Industry: Law Enforcement

MCJA Lead Trainer

We are creating a window for communication that would otherwise go untouched, using your program. I feel it is easier for a person who may feel they do not have anything positive to contribute to bury their heads. Then they may look the other way, verses using a program which keeps their anonymity, allowing them to ask a question, or make comment that may impact many others in the industry they are in.

Pros

I found this software portion that we used to be easy to maneuver around. I also feel it is easy enough that even a beginner can be comfortable using the software / program to aid them in teaching and communicating the needs of a group.

Cons

Have not really stumbled across anything negative to date. Of course, I do not look for negative when things work seamlessly.

Reasons for choosing Slido

I chose SLI.do because I was first introduced to it in Colorado at the IACP's DRE conference. Thought it was a great tool. Why change when what works is directly in front of you.

Catalin Romeo

Great solution

Very happy with the solution.

Pros

I used some of te slido features to deliver training. The word cloud feature is very nice, as well as the surveys and quizes throughout the presentation. It helps with keeping the audience engaged. I tried before using a different software and I had a lot of restrictions (maximum 2 slides, etc.). It's also very easy to use in a training environment, as you can turn questions on and off throughout the training, and they show up on the participants phones as they are turned on.

Cons

I couldn't find any faults. The software delivered what I expected.

Reasons for switching to Slido

Many restrictions on the free version.

Response from Slido

Hey Catalin Romeo. Thank you very much for leaving this review. I'm glad to hear that you found Slido easy to use and that it helped you with keeping the audience engaged. Keep it up! Best, Adam

Replied May 2021

Simple, yet super effective

Virtual Facilitation has increased dramatically since the pandemic, and being able to engage with our Managers through a screen, compared to F2F, was always going to be a challenge. Now with the tools from Slido, this has become so much easier for me as a facilitator, and fun for the learners, as it gives the conversation more richness in discussion, through using what they Managers have answered, as they pop up on the screen.

Pros

I came across Slido following a post I saw on LinkedIn, advertising that you can include Slido software directly into your PowerPoint. I checked it out, and within 24 hours I had changed the interaction in my slides to include quizzes, polls, and word clouds etc, which was amazing! The software is as it says, simple and easy to use. Downloading the software was quick and easy, and within minutes I was logged in and setting up my slides with Slido interactions. Additional to this is the admin system, which allows you to pull the stats and data from the quizzes etc. Just seen the further update this week, that Slido is now a feature within MS Teams, this is a win win for me, as we use Teams in our organisation - life just got better!

Cons

Not yet, however I have yet to start pulling the answers from the past 2 weeks sessions, which I'm going to use to pull together some data for a presentation for my Directors on the engagement in our Virtual Sessions. So I hope its as easy as putting the sessions together.

Smooth, easy, flexible.

We are a church that utilizes the live Q&A feature regularly. It allows us to take questions in an orderly manner, and with COVID, being able to do this touchless was just another unexpected benefit. I can change settings on the fly on another device when in presenter mode. It's great.

Pros

It works, every time, just as it should. With inexpensive software, especially one that offers considerable function for free, I'm always impressed by the reliability. Support is also top notch, though you won't need it.

Cons

I honestly have no gripes with this software. It works perfectly for our needs, live Q&As.

Response from Slido

Hello Chris. Thank you for sharing your experience with Slido and how it helps your church during the pandemic. We appreciate your support. Adam

Replied June 2021

Rafael

A must-have PowerPoint add-on

My overall experience with Slido is good. It works perfectly fine in the PowerPoint itself and has great features I appreciate a lot, such as live pools and, of course, the quizzes. As of now I didn't have any problems while using this software as it works very reliably. I may also mention the Slido Academy, which is a platform that offers loads of video tutorials for getting started with Slido and exploring its many resources. This is such a great add-on!

Pros

What I like the most about Slido is how I can engage with my audience by easily creating live polls and quizzes directly on a PowerPoint presentation and getting instant feedback... all this on real-time! Slido is both fun, pedagogic, easy to use and has incredible features I appreciate a lot. I firstly found Slido while watching a presentation of a colleague and since then I've been using it for many quizzes and Q&As, as it is very easy to access by the participants.

Cons

If I had to point any less good characteristic, I would say that what I like the least about this software is the not so user-friendly layout. I would like to see more of a modern design and I think there is room for improvement there. Other than that, I had not encounter any issues or concerns whatsoever. I'm also aware that the support team is very friendly and responsive, which is great!

Slido