All Adobe Illustrator Reviews

Isabel

Arts and Crafts, 2 - 10 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed March 2022

Easy to use for a non-draw-er!

Jeffrey

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2020

Illustrator - the standard for graphic design

Overall my experience has been great. I definitely recommend AI if you are serious about design. It can handle any area of design and is a workhorse of a program - it is very flexible. But with great flexibility, comes great complexity. So, therefore, even though I have a pretty good understanding of how to use Illustrator, there's still more for me to learn after many years. Not to mention they always add new features. And I still have to take some time to creatively express exactly what I envision. For this reason, I also use Affinity Designer on my Mac, alongside illustrator. The reason is, Affinity Designer is much more simple and certain tasks are quicker with Affinity. However, anytime I need to do more complex stuff, such

PROS

The nice thing about Adobe Illustrator is you can do anything you want, as far as manipulating graphics and creating any digital artwork or illustration imaginable. It's so versatile in what you can do, that it also can seem very complex to the novice. But if you stick with it and use it consistently or take some tutorials, once you learn the ins and outs of Adobe Illustrator, you begin to realize what it's capable of. I have used Inkscape and affinity designer and though I use affinity designer (due to the simplicity and quickness at some tasks), I always turn to Adobe Illustrator when I need to do more complex tasks. I am old school, and typically like drawing by hand. The great thing about digital design is you can still get a tablet and draw by hand if you like. This is obvious to many people but some may not be aware or haven't made the jump over to trying a drawing tablet yet. If you haven't tried one and you love drawing with traditional media, you are going to love working with a tablet in Illustrator.

CONS

The biggest con I can think of is the learning curve. When first starting to use Adobe Illustrator is it can seem very complex. So when you're new, is a pretty big learning curve. With that said, I still am learning after 5+ years. For this reason, I recommend taking some tutorials or classes to understand what illustrator is capable of and for learning what every tool does. Taking tutorials also gives you an insight into how to creatively use tools for different purposes. I know when I first learned Illustrator. I had a good idea of what most tools did. But I just wasn't aware of the different use cases on how to creatively construct my artwork, actually using the tools. It was something that slowed me down, compared to just grabbing a pencil and paper and sketching out my vision. But once you learn to use the different tools together, you start to get a flow going and you get quicker with time.

Reason for choosing Adobe Illustrator

I chose adobe illustrator because it is well known as being a standard in the graphic design industry. So since I knew that it was one of the top choices, I started learning AI early on. However, over the years, they changed to a subscription model, which isn't ideal for everyone, and some may opt for a one-time fee software products. If that is you, and you don't demand the top of the line features and abilities, Affinity designer is a great choice. Inkscape is also a good free version, but I don't think the latest mac OS is compatible. But if you want the best of the best, adobe illustrator is it.

Samuel

Media Production, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2020

Illustrator, a connection to the past. But what does the future hold?

Adobe Illustrator scores above average, much more because of its solid foundation than current features. It is a program that, in a way, has stopped in time. (I still expect compatibility improvements) It is a program that you must have, or at least give it a try. There are many possibilities, if your creativity allows it. If you are a design professional or student, you should give preference to AI.

PROS

Writing about Illustrator is very passionate. One of the most important Pros of the program is its solid foundation, built over decades. Yes! Decades. Therefore, the main resources of the illustration industry are here. Shapes, Fills, lines, vectors, compositions. Ease of basic understanding of features. Learning curve, of the basic resources is fast. Numerous editing possibilities (the limit is your creation) high degree of SVG compatibility. These are, for me, the best reasons to use AI since 2011.

CONS

Against the grain, AI presents a high consumption of computer resources. RAM, VRAM, Processor, these are abundantly consumed by the program. The more you have, the more it will consume. With the exception of the SVG format, any non-native format will have serious compatibility problems, causing constant breaks. The learning curve for advanced items is complex and requires more effort than other programs in the same category. However, in my opinion, the X of the question is: Is Adobe Illustrator the program of the future for vectors? or was he stuck in time and his Status Quo?

Reasons for switching to Adobe Illustrator

My version of Corel is no longer supported for Windows 7. So we opted for the Adobe Design package.

Gideon

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Adobe illustrator is the best graphics design software.

PROS

I love how a beginner can learn it easily because it has an easy user interface and the way it works seamlessly.

CONS

The price is a little bit on the upper side.

Chibuike

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2022

My Adobe Illustrator Review

Adobe Illustrator has given me a platform to express my creativity and progress it. I have designed mind-blowing logos, branded businesses, and designed presentations, and vector icons. it is the best vector design in the market.

PROS

Each version of Adobe Illustrator keeps getting better than the previous. I have been using it for more than 1o year and it keeps getting better. I love the Image Tracing feature than can vectorize and raster images. It even has more features. You can also stay organise by creating and customizing layers and artboards.

CONS

I hate it when it crashes when I'm working. I've been in a situation when I was designing a presentation. I saved the file properly and tried opening it afterward but it refuses to open. It said something that my file was corrupt. If the file is corrupt, why should it still be having a .ai extension

Reason for choosing Adobe Illustrator

I preferred Illustrator because of its advanced capabilities over Canva. Also because it's offline software.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Illustrator

I had been using Corel Draw before and decided to try Adobe Illustrator, I noticed Illustrator's interface was more friendly and inviting than Corel Draw also the layers, paths, artboards, and toolbar.

Stefania

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

Nice tool to design and illustrate

It’s a nice tool for designing and it has all the tools that a graphic designer needs so I would 100% recommend it, even if it’s not cheap

PROS

The thing that I like most about Illustrator is the number of tools that you have. You have a tool for everything: you can create illustrations, shapes, edit photos, add text. I use it for Social Media posts but also for things I need to print, like flyers or magazines

CONS

It’s actually a professional tool so not easy to use when you first begin. After a few tutorials and a few months of usage you actually start to get the hang of it

Sergio

Public Relations and Communications, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

The must have for graphic design

Abobe Illustrator is the most used and so far the best software for a graphic designer. Is a must have that every professionale designer have to use in order to develope professional product, and the next step to AI tools that Adobe is improving in his products will impact a lot on our work in the future

PROS

Professional, solid and complete software for graphic design

CONS

The cost of the Adobe Suite is a big issue for a designer that want to start his activity

HUSAM ALDEAN

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

The king of creating logos and graphics in the field of design.

I cannot do without the Illustrator program in my work and design drawings that I implement on a daily basis for clients. I am very happy to export these tasks with extremely high accuracy, no matter how enlarged I make them.

PROS

After I draw what is in my imagination on paper, there is no better program for me than Illustrator. It makes me apply what I have drawn to the computer screen more smoothly and creatively.

CONS

I can't easily use it to edit photos I've uploaded to the program, since there are a limited number of filters and photo editing tools available to me.

Erin

Construction, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Really like it

PROS

Adobe is excellent for that specialist touch with your documents.

CONS

As with all specialist software, Illustrator can take some time to pick up and use to it's full advantage, but it's so worth it!

Reasons for switching to Adobe Illustrator

Easier for working with documents and text

Sierra

Design, 1 employee

Powerful Tool

PROS

It's a powerful tool with many use cases. Allows me to serve my clients and deliver high-quality work.

CONS

Artboard management could be improved. There are many things I think could be taken from Adobe InDesign to improve Adobe Illustrator.

Eddie

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

Best tool for vector designing

PROS

I have used a lot of graphic design tools in my day but I have never experienced something similar to illustrator. Illustrator gives me the possibility to create designs like never before and the possibility to deliver excellent results for my clients

CONS

The only con I can find with illustrator is that it’s a bit hard to manage the layers

Ishak

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2019

The most powerful tool for creating vector-based graphics

Adobe Illustrator is one of the most important softwares that i use all the time, this is by far the best in creating vectors and it contains all the tools you need that other softwares does not have. from printing materials to web ads, i use Illustrator for all types of design work.

PROS

Adobe Illustrator is the most flexible tool for creating vector-based graphics that allows you to design anything from scratch. It communicates and integrates smoothly with other Adobe’s softwares. Adobe Illustrator is definitely my go to software to create large format graphics. Adobe Illustrator makes it very easy to undo mistakes that you have made. It also works with both Mac and Windows.

CONS

Illustrator has so many features, so this tool is not suited for beginners who don't have prior experience with Adobe's softwares. There is a learning curve for this tool and it requires a lot of training and practice to get the most of it. when working with heavy graphics, Illustrator will eat up most of your computer's RAM and CPU and tend to crash, so you're going to need a powerful computer to run it correctly.

Reason for choosing Adobe Illustrator

Unlike other programs, illustrator tutorials are everywhere.

Adam

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Illustrator is Creative Magic Sauce

I didn't enjoy illustrator when I first used it so I tried to bypass it by using web based design programs. However, as I designed more frequently for web & digital projects, laser cutting and engraving I buckled down to learn the shortcuts and functionality. WELL WORTH IT! I overcame the learning curve and mastered the design elements most necessary and now it saves me so much time and effort! I can't imagine designing without it now.

PROS

I love all of the features, functionality and utility. It is fantastic and essential for any design professional, laser engraver or digital web design. Learning the features and shortcuts is well worth the effort.

CONS

There is a learning curve and things are not always intuitive. There are so many functions, toolbars and ways to use Illustrator which makes it frustrating for many people.

Reason for choosing Adobe Illustrator

Adobe Creative Suite is ultimate toolkit for modern design professionals so bundling Illustrator into the CS made sense.

Shasta

Arts and Crafts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

The most powerful vector art program there is.

I'd say my overall experience is very much love/hate. When I need it Adobe Illistrator is my knight in shininy amror, but throughout the general work grind it's too full of itself to be useful.

PROS

Adobe Illustrator is easily the most powerful and easily extenisable vector art program available. Because of that when nothing else works you can usually always count on Adobe Illustrator to get the job done.

CONS

Due to the rather extmre learning cuve and often clunky interface compared to it's top compeitors for most general light weight tasks Adobe Illustrator is my last choice. Despite having years of experience with it the speed and ease that general daily tasks can be done in other vecotor applications is some times stunning.

Reason for choosing Adobe Illustrator

Because when I need to work with complex heavy detail vectors only Adobe Illustrator can handle the work load. Affinity Desighner's poor usage of computer hardware renders it nearly useless for larage complex projects. CorelDRAW is far too unstable to use for anything that has a tight deadline. Inkscape is an amazing project, but it's still growing needs time to truly mature.

Délcio

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

A professional vector and illustration software.

My overall experience using this software has been the greatest. Day by day I achieve better and better results. Ai brings the best tools to create vectors and illustration designs that gives wings to the imagination and fashion comes alive, when it comes to web design or even branding for t-shirts or print in another objects. Ai is very professional. I just thank to the developers. Adobe products are the best design and editing company I ever met.

PROS

There are so many great features like, an interactive interface, great editing tools, professional ways to shape and color the forms, stunning templates, brushes, easy capacity to import and export files, and much much more. This software is definitely the best. Adobe doesn't joke when it touches to a serious design software. Congratulations!

CONS

The only con i can consider, is that if I don't have the professional knowledge to manage it, it's a little difficult to explore all the great functionalities that the software brings. So, the work gets a little amateur if I don't know how to achieve that result. But beside this, Ai rocks. 5 stars!!!

Reason for choosing Adobe Illustrator

I just work with all of Adobe softwares, because all of them have specific functions that help the work to achieve a professional and finished design.

I. Adrian

Graphic Design, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2018

Creativity through illustration is the maximum strength of this software

Those designers and companies that need to improve their designs and the performance of their designers, should have this software as a priority among their next acquisitions, as it happened with me, I'm sure that those who start using the software will discover a new world in design thanks to Adobe Illustrator.

PROS

Adobe Illustrator is simply impressive software, since I started using it I have gone into great depth with my designs. On the one hand, it has a powerful graphic engine defined as vector drawing, which is none other than the mathematical constitution of image design, making the task of designing more precise and visually attractive than the well-known "bitmap". Among the most outstanding benefits I can mention are the following: The software is not so heavy, taking up little space on the hard disk. But even though it seems to be more incomplete because of this, on the contrary, it is the software that offers more tools for design. This is a great advantage as we can see images with a lot of design content on any computer, with acceptable features in your system. Some of the formats are susceptible to the addition of animations, this has allowed me to make designs much more interesting and attractive for the client who requests it. Vector drawing is an excellent methodology because it simply improves the quality of the design, lines, colors, shapes, layers and other characteristics of the design being undertaken.

CONS

One of the limitations or cons that I can place on this software is that it is not easy to use. When I discovered it, it took me a while to learn how to use most of its tools. So I recommend doing courses and training while using the software, because what makes this software interesting is to use it to its maximum capacity.

Brian

Military, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Great once you get over the learning curve

I have used Illustrator for over a decade, and it is the best vector graphic software on the market, and the industry standard. While it has a steep learning curve, with its litany of features and capabilities, Adobe and third party sites provide a lot of resources for just-in-time training and tutorials for most features. While it may be cost prohibitive if you are not using it for business purposes, I wouldn't say the application is overpriced because of its capability, quality, and industry-standard reputation that has been built over the years.

PROS

I use illustrator for my job on a regular basis, and it is unmatched in terms of its capability for creating and editing vector graphics. There are so many features and capabilities within the software, I doubt that I have even scratched the surface of Illustrator's capability. What I really love about Illustrator is how versatile your graphics can be if you create everything in an organized manner. For example, if I create a graphic with flower pots in the background, for example, and later I need an image with flower pots as the focus, it's very easy to grab those layers or objects from the original image and use them for my new graphic. Because everything is vector, I don't need to worry about resolutions, backgrounds, etc. So time up front to create well organized work will help you build a versatile library over time. Additionally, the internet provides a vast amount of resources and sites where you can download other AI files and use parts of them to create graphics that meet your needs.

CONS

Illustrator has a steep learning curve that might not make it the best resource for casual users. While Adobe provides a lot of learning resources through their site, other third party sites provide a lot of training, and Youtube always has videos that can just-in-time train you on about anything, there's always more features and capabilities to discover within the application. My first experience with Illustrator was way back in college, around 2005, and I've used it pretty consistently in my career ever since. I still feel like I have a lot to learn before I could be considered an Illustrator "expert". The other "con" about this application is the cost. With the Adobe Creative Cloud subscription service, the cost is now annual subscription, so you don't have to buy and update a version every year, but the cost may be prohibitive if you're not using Illustrator for business. However, given its capabilities, I wouldn't say it is overpriced.

Reviewed April 2019

Perfect for quick sketching & complex projects

My work is layout-centric and Illustrator is perfect for drawing up sketches for me. I can only recommend it to anyone working with Adobe products, given that the integration is completely seamless. My warm recommendations!

PROS

- Standard in the Creativity Industry, supports a broad variety of file types I've been in the industry since last year and am still yet to discover someone who doesn't have Illustrator. Illustrator (together with other Adobe products) is the de-facto standard for creating graphics which means that file-sharing and cooperating on files won't be a problem. What's really important is that it supports many filetypes: for example svg and eps. - Creative cloud: Updates are free, all older versions are easily accessible Illustrator (CC) is a recurring subscription which means that you'll get new updates without having to pay extra for them. As part of the CC application, you will also get access to all older versions of Illustrator CC, which can be useful for compatibility reasons. - Stable Only once have I experienced a crash with Illustrator and it was the fault of my graphics card driver. I can vouch that Illustrator is extremely stable and provided that your computer's specifications meet the minimum requirements, you shouldn't have any problems with it. -Integrated with InDesign and other Adobe Suite Products This, to me, is the distinction between Illustrator and other software types. I use InDesign heavily and the intercompatibility of Adobe has left me wanting anytime I have to use something else. My favorite example of this is editing with Illustrator in InDesign-it lets you adjust certain already layouted elements in InDesign without relayouting everything.

CONS

- Subscription Payment This is a double-edged sword. For private users this is problematic because it ends up being expensive down the road. However, for companies and organizations this means that you get tech support and updates included into the price. - Steep learning curve The premises of the program are basic. However, for advanced tasks, you will need to consult manuals/tutorials if you've never used the software before. Even if it is intuitive, the sheer amount of features can be overwhelming for beginners. - High System Requirements I believe this one explains itself. For advanced projects, you will need a beefier machine

Publishing, 2-10 employees