All Hubstaff Reviews

Jen

Marketing and Advertising, 2 - 10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2020

The ONE software you need to track your remote staff

Ashish

Online Media, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2022

The best Employee Monitoring Software in Market for Remote Employees

It was a great experience, the software is scalable and affordable. It only adds cost upon usage which is critical.

PROS

As a company with lots of employees working remotely for us, we need strong software to monitor employees' performance and act according to the efficiency analysis. Its best feature is idle time management which helps you know if some employee is sitting idle.

CONS

Customer support is delayed a bit. We sometimes faced problems with Windows computers, this is somewhere Hubstaff needs to work it more user-friendly for Windows.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

Cross OS compatibility is comparatively much more smooth in Hubstaff.

Roldan

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Using Hubstaff for 5 years more. Seem it has improved!

Really just fine. What more should I look for as a freelancer who just need to track time for a project. Then send a a simple invoice at the end. As far as I'm concerned, I have a good experience with the app. If I have to suggest, maybe as a UX/UI Designer, they can enhance the looks an feel of the software to make it more professional and appealing to users.

PROS

Straightforward. Just the thing you need, you'll find it. Pretty much like any other time tracking software - as freelancer it has screen capture, invoicing, offline tracking and all...

CONS

It's just straight forward. Maybe they can add quick chat for client. Instead of additional login to browser when you need to quick communicate with your client.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

I'm switching from Hubstaff and Time Doctor before. But eventually, stayed with Clockify. I don't know but Clockify is just a the right cocktails of simplicity, interface appeal, reliability and being slick.

Hey Roldan, thank you for submitting this review for Hubstaff! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Hubstaff for your time tracking needs. We want to continually improve the platform and our offerings, so we do welcome all feedback onboard. Please feel free to go to https://roadmap.hubstaff.com/ and add any ideas for features to be implemented.

Replied March 2022

Jana

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

A great tool for time tracking

PROS

How easy it is to use, especially the attention to UX on the website

CONS

Sometimes the pages are difficult to load. Oftentimes, it's due to my network but sometimes when everything else works fine, Hubstaff won't load. Not a con, just something that bothered me a few times.

Annie

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Worst Customer Service, and Not Working for online time tracking

Very poor and disappointing, i hope the management can take time reading my feedback. I want to cancel my service.

PROS

CONS

I used to like husbtaff until i've got a problem of not getting it work and tried to sort this with customer service but they are very poort in attending yoiur enquiries, and they don't have a voice support. Imagine having technology but no one can walk you through to fix the issue.

Kim

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Love this app

PROS

That i didnt feel the time tracking, it tracks time so well and smooth, we all dont feel it, dont have to think about it. it does the job! it also looks great, nice friendly layout.

CONS

The billing department and the billing experience! As i was checking out the subscription (i am on a monthly subscription), and want to check how much would a yearly billing save me. i moved a knob from monthly to yearly and my credit card was charged! no warning, no confirmation, no thank you and no confirmation (on the web or the email) I found out by chance, a few hours later that my CC was charged for a year. Also, i was charged for a year after i just paid a week before. i had to write the billing support 3 times and they acted as if they didnt understand what is the big deal. which is a frustrating thing to do to a client. 780 bucks IS a big deal for me. also their replies were vague, late, and it took 3 emails before i was finally given the link to cancel this transaction. the app is amazing, the billing interface and support is terrible.

Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2023

employee work attendance application

the application has helped to increase productivity and saving other resources since pay is based on hours worked at the of month

PROS

hubstaff is a good attendance application, i like its online attendance sheets, and its ability to computer payroll based on working days makes it nice, it's so easy to use with a friendly interface

CONS

using the application to spy on employees may bring in organizational conflicts, and its needs data before running it

Andrey

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

My everyday helper!

I don't know how can I manage even one person without Hubstaff. It is a must!

PROS

– Easy to use;– Easy to integrate;– Integration with Asana;– Different types of reports.

CONS

Sometimes integration from Asana has bugs.

Reason for choosing Hubstaff

Toggl has an inconvenient UI.Hubstaff has a fair price for the good quality of the product.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

Toggl has an inconvenient UI.

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Hubstaff works great for our copany

It has been great for my company to have this tool as all staff work remotely. I can much more easily monitor and know what is going on with my projects and staff.

PROS

Easy hour tracking for remote staff, easy hour tracking for billing of clients

CONS

Cannot control how long screen shots are kept and cannot easily delete them manually. I would like to delete the screen shots after each billing for security purposes.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

Had better features that met the needs of my company

Joemar

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Hubstuff Review

Very good and I like it since it works all the time

PROS

The data it generates is very reliable and accurate

CONS

Maybe it is my computer but I experinced a bit of freezing

Remya

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2024

Hubstaff makes my life easy

It makes my life easy. I can regularly monitor my teams activity. No excels sheets needed to track time.

PROS

Time tracking and expense management. I can monitor my team’s activity easily.

CONS

Nothing I can find. I’m happy so far with what Hubstaff offers me.

lisa

Staffing and Recruiting, 2-10 employees

excellent product for invoicing

PROS

its very straight forward and user friendly and allows me to free up time when invoicing and its much more straight forward then most systems

CONS

nothing I think this is an excellent system

Lesily

Capital Markets, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2023

Good site to look for remote work

PROS

I can look for work easily by just displaying my skills, employers will come looking

CONS

Its a bit complicated at first as you need a reputation to get noticed

Mackie

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2023

The most robust, one-stop-shop for time tracking especially for remote teams

Using Hubstaff has been exceptionally easy across the board. It is an asset for our company to see project profitability, team member hours, and manage time off for a fully remote company. The customer service with Hubstaff is superb. Highly recommend the app!

PROS

The customer service at Hubstaff is second-to-none. They are super responsive and attentive to our account. The clarity in the dashboard and ease of use of the app and online tracking tool is superb. It was extremely easy to implement in our team and get team members onboard for utilising the app through the use of badges and "friendly competition".

CONS

The fact that PTO doesn't count towards the total weekly hours for a team member, which is should so that we can see the team member's weekly hours inclusive of PTO.

Reason for choosing Hubstaff

Great competitive price for what you get. Great customer experience. Great interface.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

More sophisticated app, more flexibility, better dashboard. Easier to implement across a large organisation.

Zachary

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Winning with Hubstaff

Great experience. Love the company and the staff.

PROS

We have an overseas team of Filipino employees that are amazing and Hubstaff really helps us with Time and Activity tracking. They are so trustworthy, but it's nice to know that they are actually doing their jobs correctly. The screen capture software enabled us to solve an internal dispute about managing some finances and resulted in one employee being let go and another employee promoted -- all this was verifiable because of the time tracking as well as activity tracking software.

CONS

I would really like it if more integrations were allowed within the Hubstaff standard program. The functionality for the price should be included.

Reason for choosing Hubstaff

It aligned more with our goals of time tracking and employee monitoring.

Benjamín

Furniture, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2019

Hubstaff is a very cool and light tool for time tracking

As a time tracking, payment management, and employee monitoring software, Hubstaff does a great job. It does help many companies keep track of their employees and is pretty comprehensive and even fun to use (when you look at it form the browser). Aside from the archaic Windows app, which has many problems, I have no complaints.

PROS

I've only used Hubstaff for time tracking with my company, I've never used it individually, but I've worked with it with two separate companies so far (as a freelancer), and when comparing it to other time tracking and monitoring tools, I find Hubstaff to be one of the most easy to use and amenable. The thing I like the most is the comprehensive user experience from my end, though I can't speak for admins. As a worker I enjoy being in control and up-to-date with my activity.

CONS

I would say that working with Hubstaff can get a little pressuring because of the activity system in place. What I mean is that I understand the way they measure activity but I do believe that looking for an activity sign every second can be very daunting, especially when some affiliate companies look for activity percentages higher than 80% for their employees. This forces many freelancers into a burnout trying to achieve these impossible productivity standards. Of course, Hubstaff can't claim responsability for what its users decide to do with it, but since it's fairly understandable that we (as workers) don't necessarily press keys or move the mouse at all times, maybe it would be better if they counted one activity sign every two (2) seconds, for example. Or if they offered ways to take breaks that were a direct part of the software and not something entirely at the discretion of one's employer. Hubstaff is great, but its current system does seem to favor employers more than employees, in my opnion, and this could lead to exploitation. Another thing is that the Windows app really needs an update, it has many bugs and doesn't look well on the UX side. There should be more options, not just an outdated-looking time tracker.

Rosalina

Insurance, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Hubstaff Time Following Programming: A Top to bottom Examination of Elements, Advantages, and Downsi

Hubstaff is a dependable and include rich time following programming that can assist organizations and specialists with keeping steady over their errands and bill precisely. Be that as it may, it's vital to consider the cons, for example, the restricted free arrangement, absence of disconnected mode, and protection worries, prior to choosing if it's the right programming for your necessities.

PROS

Simple to Utilize:The user interface is intuitive and easy to use, even for beginners.Comprehensive Time Tracking:Hubstaff offers an extensive variety of time following elements, for example, screen captures, action levels, and time following updates.Integration with Other Tools: Hubstaff incorporates with numerous different devices like Trello, Asana, and QuickBooks, making it simple to oversee projects and smooth out invoicing.Adaptability: Hubstaff offers different approaches to following time, including work area applications, portable applications, and program expansions.Exact Charging: Hubstaff takes into consideration precise charging by following the time spent on each assignment and giving point by point reports.

CONS

Limited Free Plan: The free plan has limited features and is only suitable for small teams.No Disconnected Mode: The product requires a web association with capability, which might be badly designed for clients in regions with restricted web availability.Security Concerns: The screen capture component might raise protection worries among certain workers.Restricted Customization: There are restricted choices for tweaking the product to address explicit issues.Conflicting Action Levels: The movement level component may not necessarily precisely mirror a worker's efficiency level.

Roxanne

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Everything we need!

Its a pretty solid program to keep track of your productivity and sometimes I even use it to go a couple days back to check if I was able to do tasks that I may have slipped my mind.

PROS

- random screen capture every 10 minutes that allows managers to check if employees are focused on their intended tasks - lets you track running time to the second that can also be used to determine pay. - you can track overall running time with preset time periods or set your own - forgot to time in? dont fret! you can edit this and leave a note to state your reason so managers can review and approve or reject the changes - has a mini time window that allows users to check how much time is running without closing any windows - works great with Mac and Windows - Different parameters used to measure productivity - color coded productivity - can view daily, weekly, and monthly productivity rate - easy to use interface - set tasks, projects, invoices, calendar schedules, admin can limit user access - easy to use dashboard with graphs of productivity

CONS

- its not an exact science. My task is "Product Sourcing" which greatly relies on scrolling through thousands of pages to find a good item to sell and sometimes it takes the whole 8 hours to find 1-2 good items worth a second look. Hubstaff sees this as not productive and gives me a real low productivity percentage rate. - it can be manipulated if you still have time in between your tasks like opening new windows and tabs and mixing it with other "movements".