All MyStudio Reviews

My Experience with MyStudio for my very first business

Rosalba

Arts and Crafts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

I live MyStudio for my art studio!

Overall My Studio is amazing and a NECESSARY for my business to run smoothly.

PROS

I own an art studio and needed an easy waybfor costumers to sign up. After calling and searching 9 different software companies I finally found MyStudio. This software is just what I needed because it's easy to use (once you play around wih the settings). They also have instructional videos to help you. Their chat is also very helpful. This software is also very affordable for me. It is well worth the money because I don't have to manually charge anyone or save their info. This software gives me automated costumer payments for my memberships and workshops. The app, as a costumer, is also easy to navigate and purchase. MyStudio business insight gives me information on how much money a certain class or workshop is bringing in. Overall, this is what I needed for my business to run smoothly. [sensitive content hidden] helped me navigate the system when I first looked into it and answered all my questions. This is an actual person and not a robot chat.

CONS

I would like yo be able to send invoices regarding my business and quotes via email but haven’t figured out how to that as well as square.

Anna

Sports, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2023

MyStudio is a critical element in our business operations and success

Keeps client info safe and easy to access for staff. App has been great for having clients register for ongoing classes and programs. It has also helped with keeping accurate attendance which helps us with retention, we know exactly which students we need to reach out to and get them back in classes.

PROS

Software is easy and intuitive to use. Customer service is always available to support and answer questions. All of my staff can use which keeps things running smoothly.

CONS

It would be great if Apple or Google pay was an option. It would also be great if we could add clients in and charge a drop in rather than having them download app etc. We sometimes get out of town visitors and they just want to walk in and pay and not have to go through downloading app, setup etc.

Reason for choosing MyStudio

Better options and overall ease of use.

Reasons for switching to MyStudio

Cost and worked better for martial arts specific studio.

Hi Anna, Thank you for your review and for the feedback! In regards to your desire to be able to have people pay without downloading an app -- you can absolutely do that now :) Everything you sell has a unique URL that you can just text/email to someone - no app needed! You can find those URLs in each respective module in your control panel. You can also charge drop ins, sign people up right at the Point of Sale. We'll reach out to you and share pointers on how to do all of this so you can use it. Thanks again!

Terri

My experience with MyStudio

You seem to be an upstart company with well-intentioned staff in positions they may not have the expertise to fulfill but do have the desire. You would do yourselves thousands of favors if you had an "install" team that travelled to your clients and completed an initial set-up process.

PROS

Frankly, this is the first software management we have used at our school. Previously, we did everything by hand, spreadsheet and through our bank. We do not have other product experience for comparison in this industry. Having said that, we like having the ability to communicate with our students, manage banking and payments and the ability to set up retail sales through the app.

CONS

The software is not organized in a fashion that is intuitive to me or my staff. There are too many clicks and prompts to get through in order to complete a simple task. An example is that in order to communicate with the entire student body, you cannot use the communications tab. You are forced to use the "All Customers" tab. This is counterintuitive. There, as far as we know, is no method for "fulfilling" multiple retail orders simultaneously. There are more but you get the point.

Referral

Alysa

Reviewed February 2023

Switching to MyStudio was a time and life saver

I no longer have to be in my dojo outside of business hours during sales if people want to come in on a day to purchase camps or gear. It is all done through the app and I don't need to be at the desk processing payments, members can do it right through their app or through the tablet at the front of the dojo.

PROS

I love how simple this software is easy to use. Our members love it too! Everyone can purchase what they want at any hour of the day or night. I do not need to send out links or reminders now to purchase camps, they know where to look right away now. We have removed our front desk now and all waivers and information is done on the software. It has made our lives easier and removed the need for extra staff, now our instructors can focus on the students and not chasing money or spending a long time learning how to use this software. It is simple to use and I love how it's constantly evolving. It really has saved me time that I can now spend elsewhere!

CONS

I would like to see something to issue receipts for the year or easy invoices.

Reason for choosing MyStudio

Connected with the staff at MyStudio during one of the Martial Arts Super Shows. They truly cared about what I had to say and it was easy for me to sign up, so I did! And I am very happy that I made the switch.

Reasons for switching to MyStudio

Mindbody was great, but not what my dojo needed. It is a large software, and I was a small dojo and not using half the features and paying hundreds of dollars a month for something I barely used.

Thank you for your feedback, Alysa! We are thankful for you. We hear your product feature request -- I see at least one of those (invoicing) are on the product suggestions board -- you can "upvote" those options or add to the suggestions in your account. You can find the Suggestions section in the bottom left hand corner (the rocket icon). Thanks again!

Matt

MyStudio Is AWESOME!

PROS

The customer service at MyStudio is second to none! They are always there to help whenever I need it. MyStudio is always improving too! They are constantly adding new features to stay ahead of their competition. They as us as users what we need and then they add that to the software. With my previous software, I never felt like they listened to my concerns. MyStudio is always asking us what we need and how they can improve their software to be the best in the industry!

CONS

There are a few features that my previous software had that MyStudio doesn't have. But as I said before, they are always adding to and improving their program to give us exactly what we need! The onboarding process was a little bit more tedious and difficult than I would have liked but once it was done, the software was so easy to use right away.

Reason for choosing MyStudio

MyStudio was a better price and I didn't need all the extra features that Spark adds.

Reasons for switching to MyStudio

Kicksite stopped working for us as customers. They were making changes that didn't improve their software and they stopped listening to to their customers' needs.

Thanks for your review, Matt! We look forward to releasing more upgrades and updates!

Jason

MyStudio is constantly innovating

My overall experience with MyStudio has been great. We started with a basic version and within a couple of months upgraded to the personal version so we had our on app. This platform is great from the using the dashboard on the computer or the business app on my teams tablets or phones. We can be at an event away form our business and still sign members up in real time.

PROS

What I like most about MyStudio is that it allows for my entire team to be flexible and we can pivot quickly no matter what the circumstance. They allow for us to stay in constant communication with our members.

CONS

What I like least about the software is waiting on some of the updates, but the good thing is they are constantly updating and innovating the platform to make it better. They are a young company but are making great progress.

Reason for choosing MyStudio

The customer services from MyStudio made it easy to choose because not only did they answer all our questions but allowed us to tour inside the platform. We also talked to other's using MyStudio and find out from those that where already using it.

Reasons for switching to MyStudio

We switched because we were looking for a CRM the would allow us to more flexible and make it easier for our customers.

Hello Jason, thanks for sharing about your experience with us over 2+ years! What we particularly love is your comment "We can be at an event away form our business and still sign members up in real time." We are so happy that you have fully embraced the platform and are letting it do work for you so you have more free time! We will pass on your comments to our team. Please reach out to us anytime if you need help or want to share anymore thoughts.

Reece

Reviewed May 2021

It removed 10-15 hours of work for me.

Great product. So happy that I switched from Rainmaker.

PROS

There are a number of features that I like about this product. Here are a list of a few of them: -Auto emails when payments don't go through -Students find their own answers in the app saving me time -Having a branded app helps build my company brand -Options to allow trials to pick their first day and they get promoted to watch my onboarding video automatically

CONS

-You can't do discounts codes for specific retail items -You can't set up Brand Ambassador discount codes and see their sales all in one spot -I wish there was an auto template that I could plug photos and text into for emails instead of trying to copy and paste into MyStudio

Reason for choosing MyStudio

Price was a huge factor. Also this system seemed to be more geared towards martial arts schools.

Reasons for switching to MyStudio

The price was much better and the system was wayyyyy more user friendly.

Hello Reece, We are so glad to be able to serve you and are happy that you are happy! We will continue rolling out new upgrades and we look forward to you enjoying them!

Ann

My Year with MY Studio

Much better than my previous company, but still think it is missing several options.

PROS

The app is easy for my parents to use. It makes enrollment easy.

CONS

Difficult for multiple child families to sign up and purchase. Difficult for us as business owner for multiple child families to use also. Students/Parents can not check in on their phones.

Reason for choosing MyStudio

Cheaper. Wish My Studio offered more of their options.

Reasons for switching to MyStudio

Did not like the product. It was not user friendly. Customer service lacking

Hi Ann, Thanks for you review. We are always working on upgrades and updates -- we look forward to releasing them to you as they are ready!

nelson

Professional Training & Coaching, 1 employee

A Martial Arts Must

At 1st I wasn't impressed as I used the lowest tier. After upgrading and using the website creator things started taking off. With the upgrades they have been updating it seems to have made things way easier. I love it and will use it for the upcoming schools we will open.

PROS

I 've been working with this system for a while and tall the software I used before, it's way more user friendly and the price point is way better than those like rainmaker. The integrations are just what any dojo owner needs to make things easier and streamline.

CONS

There are a lot of features so it took a while to navigate and understand where things where. But it seems like they are always working on improving the work flow for customers.

Reason for choosing MyStudio

Had all the functions plus more at a better price point.

Price and functionality.

Great value

Customer service is great and their developer team is great. They try to update and upgrade their system very often to provide more to us.

PROS

It is a great value compared to over priced products around

CONS

It is very laggy and slow on computers.

Reason for choosing MyStudio

the other ones were very pricey for the usage

Reasons for switching to MyStudio

Too old system and very complicated use.

Thanks for your review, Chris! We look forward to releasing more upgrades and updates to you! Could you contact our Customer Success team to find the root cause of why the system might be slow on your computer?

PJ s

Keeps me on the mat!

Changed the amount of time I would normally spend in the off almost nothing.

PROS

I love how I can send a link to potential customer to be ready to get on the mat as soon as they come in. Then, when they are ready to sign up, its all in the app. Direct interface for the parent/guardian with the studio.

CONS

The back button, checking out events for an individual student. Takes you to the main member screen and have to filter again.

Reasons for switching to MyStudio

More features, Rainmaker was getting stale. No improvements had been made in a few years, MyStudio was close to the same price so we made the switch.

Thank you for your review, PJ s! I love that you shared that it keeps you "on the mat" and that the sign up process for your customers is easy. We see your feedback. If you have more feedback, you can always add it to the product suggestions portal -- it is behind the Rocket icon in the bottom left corner of your control panel in your account. You can go in there and add suggestions and "upvote" others'! We review those and it has a large influence as we do production planning. Thanks again for taking the time to review!

Ryan

Reviewed April 2021

Best investment I’ve spent

MyStudio has been amazing. I would have spent so much extra money and time if I had not given this software a try.

PROS

Once set up, MyStudio makes my life so much easier! Keeping track of ranks/ promotions is a breeze, the app is amazing, the best customer service I’ve ever experienced, billing is so easy, you can just focus on your classes and not worry about your software.

CONS

The initial set up took some time and was tedious, but it was all worth it in the end. As far as getting your app published on the App Store and Google play, I think Mystudio has since made some changes to make it easier and they do some of the work for you.

Reason for choosing MyStudio

I found it early, read some good things about it, start of the free trial and fell in love.

Reasons for switching to MyStudio

Mystudio had many more features, an app, and was going to save me more money

Thank you for your review, Ryan! We are so happy that you are happy. We've taken your feedback and shared it with our team.

Jessica

Best switch ever!

It has been great! I’m super happy that I can save money by not having to pay the credit card fees and they can be rolled into each students account

PROS

Easy to use! Easy to set up! Aesthetically pleasing and modern

CONS

I wish there was a way to schedule private lessons. There is a way now, but is not functional for my business. Once they incorporate the scheduling software/private lesson management, I will completely switch over to My Studio

Reasons for switching to MyStudio

To save money on Credit card fees. We have not fully switched until my studio gets the private lesson scheduling situated

Amanda

Reviewed July 2022

Great CRM, many features without the big pricetag

MyStudio is a comprehensive CRM system with new features added consistently. Easy to use, onboard etc. Great value for money whether you have a large existing club or just starting out. Helpful support team albeit in a difficult timezone for me here in AUS. Always respond by email the next day/night though.

PROS

MyStudio has a great range of features at much more affordable price tiers than other martial arts software packages. Features/updates are being added all the time as they listen to what their users want. Especially great for clubs starting out who can't afford the big $$$ software packages, and really, MyStudio are always adding features to catch up with those other brands. I can manage regular classes/memberships, events such as gradings, special school holiday days and even my retail store. All this can be run online without the need for me to be continuously jumping off the mat to run POS (I'm a one girl show!)

CONS

Support Team in US so if I want contact, it is in the middle of the night here in Australia. Would be nice to develop a team in another timezone to be a "subject matter expert". They might not know everything, but would be good for initial onboarding and troubleshooting live through the chat. I want an "opt out" feature with trials. When someone signs up for a trial, I want it to convert automatically to a weekly direct debit membership unless they opt out. I know this is a feature in other software, and it is costing me alot of admin time to send out emails, and also costing me membership fees! This is probably more my lack of knowledge, but want to be able to choose how I sort participants (first name to make it easier for attendance) and also a feature where we can right our own reports/exports (own selection of columns/data and Skills Progress - actual skill, not how many)

Reason for choosing MyStudio

Our head of style uses SPARK and raves about it - I've seen it in action and it is great. I switched during our COVID lockdowns and really couldn't afford the price of Spark. MyStudio offers a heap of features with new ones being added.

$$$$$ and features.

Joshua

Reviewed April 2021

Potentially Great

PROS

-links to memberships that I can text or message people -easy payment processing -quick reports

CONS

-My biggest complaint is I feel very unappreciated as a long time customer. I was an early customer the first year MyStudio was created when there were few but several promising features to come. I recommended the company to many school owners. I stuck by them through their growing pains as a Premium White Label customer. Now, they have deemed me a non-premium customer and have created a new tier with new features that are inaccessible by me unless I upgrade from what was promised as their premium membership and is now an old, outdated plan. I understand the need for growth as a company, but as a businessman, it is very poor customer service to downgrade their premium members to make way for a new, more expensive premium membership option. It has been very disappointing, and when I’ve mentioned it, it was basically addressed as not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. That it was still cheaper than other software platforms.

The price

Dear Joshua, Thank you very much for being a part of our community, and for joining us early. We appreciate you! With the creation of new membership plans, our intention was not to take anything away from our legacy plans -- we still continue to update and add new features to them. The newer plans, which include features that do incur additional costs to develop, are set up so that those offerings are economically feasible. Again, we appreciate you and we appreciate our legacy members!

Muzammil

Wholesale, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed June 2021

Amazing & Great Software, I just love it

I've used several studio CRMs - MindBody, ZenPlanner, etc - and they are all, in their own way, awful. MyStudio was recommended to me by a friend, who sold the benefits in terms of clients being able to enroll themselves for memberships, and use a member app to check in. But the self-enrolment benefits are offset by accounting and reporting problems, and a lack of flexibility in membership and product types. The software probably works well for high-throughput karate and TKD dojos, and is likely geared toward them. We stay with it for now because there is nothing obviously better out there, and the hassle of switching back to MindBody, etc, would be more than it is worth.

PROS

MyStudio saves me such a lot of time. I used to go through with new preliminaries to such an extent. I expected to plan them to come in and go over all alternatives and pursue the participation. It was to such an extent. Presently, it does everything consequently after I set up all messages and data clients need to have to be a part. All customers can utilize their cell phones to enroll or think about the program through the application. It is so natural to utilize anyplace any place they go.

CONS

Was somewhat hard to on-board understudies, however was most likely because of my comprehension of the product.

Hello Muzammil, thank you for providing a review! I see it's been a while since you shared your feedback, and we have launched a lot of new upgrades to the system. We hope those new upgrades have helped to alleviate any of the issues you had last year.

Replied July 2022