All AscendTMS Logistics Software Reviews

Reviewed April 2023

AscendTMS Review

Joe

Reviewed October 2018

The heart of our operation

Ascend has given me the confidence to grow my business and not get lost creating invoices, payroll and organizing drivers.

PROS

The ability to create payroll reports and export invoices all based on the original load information. The ability to search a load number based on the BOL, VRID, or whatever number was entered at the loads origination. The ability to customize the columns while viewing loads. The ability to send invoices with POD's and Confirmation Sheets attached

CONS

The invoices imported to QB do not contain the description data from the invoice in Ascend. Other than that, the software seems to be bulletproof.

Joe - thank you for your AMAZING review. We will continue to keep adding the features you want and need! The AscendTMS Team.

Replied November 2018

Anthony

Reviewed March 2023

High End Features, Incredible Value, Extremely responsive customer service.

This is a great TMS. We vetted over 30 different solutions throughout our startup process. At the end of the day Ascend has incredible features, and at value that allows you to scale from day 1 with 5-10 loads per day through year 10 doing nearly 10000 loads annually. They are updating features quarterly that add more value to the suite without making implementation a massive capital undertaking on day 1. Highly customizable environment that allows the user to build format that works for them. Would highly recommend giving this software a look.

PROS

AscendTMS is incredibly easy to implement. The ascend team does a great job assisting in any data uploading that is necessary to avoid costly data entry man hours. The TMS is very user friendly and is full of useful, relevant features that most higher end TMS programs overlook.

CONS

Any issues that we have with the software are readily corrected and revised by ascend's team. Any time we have had an issue which has been less than 5 times since we started using this software in 2015 are resolved rapidly.

Reason for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Ease of implementation, overall value compared to others, low user cost, customization features.

AMAZING. WOW. OUTSTANDING. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, ANTHONY. AscendTMS LOVES YOU, MY MAN!!!! We're so pleased you like what we are doing for the 52,700+ customers - like you - that use AscendTMS.

Replied March 2023

Jaccqlyn

Reviewed September 2022

It does not Ascend.

PROS

I like only one thing about this software. It kept a log of all users actions. This feature held each person accountable for any mistakes made.

CONS

Everything. This software is hard to navigate. From entering in a load manually and then to invoice it is all a hassle.

SCAMMER USER ALERT: Hey Jaccqlyn Ratzlaff - WHY DID YOU WRITE THIS REVIEW TO MISLEAD PEOPLE, MISSY? Let's look at the FACTS before people believe your LIES. You should be ASHAMED of yourself. 1. You NEVER used your free BASIC AscendTMS account & NEVER moved a single load with it. 2. Your boss told you to use it but you were resistant from the start and didn't want to as you preferred paper (clearly, you never did use AscendTMS because it appears you have no business at all!) 3. You only ever had a free BASIC account - and didn't even use that. You never even used our PREMIUM software - EVER!!!! 4. You took absolutely NO training classes - (even though they were offered, free). Bottom Line: We have billion dollar companies using (and loving) AscendTMS. We are THE. most widely used TMS. Unfortunately, Jaccqlyn, if you have NO customers, NO loads, NO staff, NO tech ability, and NO intent to use it, then AscendTMS is DEFINITELY not a fit for you. The AscendTMS Team

Replied September 2022

Erika

Reviewed September 2020

Great option for small business TMS

Our office was using Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, etc to manage an asset based trucking company and a brokerage. While functional, it was very time consuming to do things this way and required a lot more hands on everything each week. With Ascend, we have been able to streamline processes, manage our databases and engage with Quickbooks to free up time for most of our staff members. This has allowed us to spend more time on other things, such as sales, recruiting and overall growth of our companies.

PROS

I really like the features for the price of this product. It offers efficiencies in our processes on many levels, allows multiple users to access data, combines information in one place and much more. Other similar systems cost many times more than the Ascend program, making this a great option for smaller companies with smaller budgets.

CONS

Updating templates does not automatically update active loads or pre-existing loads which used those templates. This just means you have to manually update existing loads based on the template in addition to the template itself when making changes.

Reason for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

The cost of Ascend for what we get is hands down a clear winner. We have a great technical team to back up the program and they are open to making changes/improvements based on our recommendations. There is no extra fee when new system upgrades roll out and we get to benefit from the constant improvements they are making. Additionally, it is easy to use and integrates with other departments to make everyone's lives more streamlined and efficient.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Erika. You are simply the BEST. I will tell the entire team here how happy you are. The AscendTMS Team.

Replied October 2020

Katherine

Reviewed January 2020

Best choice!!

We started our brokerage in February 2019 -- and as we were growing, we needed a TMS system, excel spreadsheets were just not cutting it. We were able to really increase our capacity and use our time more wisely!

PROS

I love its customizability and their customer service! We were able to structure the load board how we wanted it. Also, they are really great about listening to their clients. I've had some suggestions that I provided them and they actually implemented them! It's great to see a company actually give you what you are looking for in a program. I know they have a lot in the works and I look forward to growing with them! Also -- with them being partnered with TriumphPay - it was been a lifesaver and timesaver for us. and the price is really great - as a start up -- it's a little tight with revenue and expenses. I really appreciate that as well.

CONS

I'm great! I really have nothing to complain about. Only thing that would be great to have is the bill payment communication to Quickbooks. But that is super minor.

Reason for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

I liked their loadboard look and feel, partnership with Triumphpay, Fourkites, and the load boards, and other companies. I love that they were explaining their future updates such as the customer portal. And the price was huge because there are 3 of us. And [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] -- our go to guy --- we just clicked really well. I really appreciated his customer service!

Katherine - what an amazing review. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I will let our entire team know about your kind words. The AscendTMS Team

Replied January 2020

Matt

Reviewed August 2019

Excellent TMS

The billing process has really improved thanks to the seamless integration with QBO.

PROS

It's incredibly user-friendly and customizable. I've used several (far more expensive) TMSs in the past decade, and AcendTMS is the best by far. The ease of use, integrations, and great customer service have made me a huge fan.

CONS

My only critique is that there is no open API yet, but I'm told that's in the works. I'm glad they're taking their time with it.

Reason for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Better pricing and flexibility.

Reasons for switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

Revenova was not at all user-friendly, incredibly expensive, and they were not open to feedback at all. They locked me into a contract and I had to wait to get out to switch.

Hi Matt - thanks for the great review. You are amazing! The AscendTMS Team.

Replied August 2019

Logistics and Supply Chain, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2021

The Only TMS I will EVER Use!

After using several other EXPENSIVE TMS software, this is the only TMS software that I would recommend to anyone! Large or small!

PROS

Extremely powerful and expansive software has the most user friendly interface.

CONS

I have yet to find something that I don't like about this software!

Reason for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Again, because of my experience with AscendTMS, no one has ever even come close to the features and the value that they offer!

Reasons for switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

Because AscendTMS is simply THE BEST.

Thank you SO much, Jennifer. You ROCK!!! I will tell the entire team here just how much you love AscendTMS!! You made our day!

Replied May 2021

Tonyq

Reviewed January 2023

Over-all, 5 start review bases on applications

PROS

Price, customer service and the user-friendly platform.

CONS

Only one issue is the hold up with Project44 integration in full for tracking.

Reason for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Price and capabilities, as well as their reps prompt service. Steve Farrekopf and Randy Goldizen. 5 Star for sure!!

EDI and tracking

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!!! You are AMAZING, Tonya. Thank you soooo much! The AscendTMS Team!

Replied January 2023

Kimberly

Reviewed August 2019

Ascend Review

PROS

Ascend TMS keeps growing with me as my company grows. They have partnered with some great companies to add even more features that make my company able to post loads to more load boards and process loads more quickly, and . We are able to work more efficiently and cost-effectively.

CONS

While it is easy to learn, there were parts of the software that I did not know much about - mainly the accounting. I learned how to do much of it on the fly. Watching the videos helped and the support from Ascend TMS has been great. I would like to see a "user's group" set up so people who use the software can share tips, how to's, etc.

Reasons for switching to AscendTMS Logistics Software

Tailwind was too difficult to start out with. I did not have much knowledge about using any TMS when I started out but Tailwind was just too confusing. Ascend was much easier to use as a beginner, and the support system they provide - videos, webinars, personal "coaches" were all very helpful.

Hi Kinberly - You ROCK. Thank you SO much. You are such an important client to us. The AscendTMS Team.

Replied August 2019

Oliver

Logistics and Supply Chain, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

[sensitive content hidden]

PROS

User easy Not too hard to manage Great support team

CONS

Could integrate with more platforms in logistics

AMAZING REVIEW!!!!! Thank you!!!!

Replied January 2024

Maria

Reviewed March 2023

Customer Service Speaks for itself

What stood out to me the most with this software was my interactions with Elwood Black. He provided me with the live links to all trainings offered, he ensured I knew how to access all the walkthrough videos, and checked in on us throughout our entire trial process to ensure no additional assistance was needed. This has been by far my best customer service interaction since we have opened our business. We truly appreciate not only your software and it’s functions but also the amazing representative assigned to us.

PROS

All the features are absolutely incredible. They have made it impossible for you to need additional software outside of your typical load board subscriptions. The walk through videos provided are beyond informative they make it impossible to struggle utilizing and navigating the software.

CONS

I wish there was an option for a monthly subscription with at least up to 3 users at a cheaper rate.

Reason for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

These other products either offered poor customer service attitude until you are willing to purchase their product, or they expect you to just learn the software as you go.

AMAZING! What can I say. THANK YOU!!!

Replied April 2023

Reviewed January 2022

Great Product, Great People!

Outstanding customer service, great product, great people!

PROS

This software is super easy to use for organizing my customers, carriers, and loads. Ascend is quick for onboarding new carriers; I just input their USDOT/MC# and Ascend autofills the majority of the carriers info. Building loads is also super quick and painless compared to other big name TMS providers.

CONS

I have no current complaints with this software.

Reason for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Ease of use, better value for the price.

WOW Michael - thanks for your AMAZING review of AscendTMS. It's reviews like this that help us spread the love even more!! The AscendTMS Team

Replied January 2022

Aracelys

Reviewed June 2019

Highly Recommend system

You have all the perks in one.

PROS

This software is very user friendly, easy to use. You can dispatch the drivers from it, easy invoicing. I have been in the industry for 23 years and I used all softwares, I absolutely love it the best part is This one is very economical.

CONS

I haven’t seen anything that I don’t like.

Reason for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

I did all my research and I loved it

What an AMAZING review! Thank you so much. You ROCK. The AscendTMS Team.

Replied June 2019

Reviewed September 2020

Can't say Enough!

My overall experience with Ascend TMS has been great! Extremely easy to use, very affordable and the customer service and support is always exceptional every time that I need it. most recently,[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped me figure out a problem I was having with my accounting side of the system and he was able to not only guide me to what I was doing wrong but showed me a way to deal with my issue that made my life 10X better! 10/10 would recommend this system to anybody in the industry!

PROS

I love how easy It is to use ascend TMS. I've been in the transportation industry for a few years now and I've used quite a few different TMS/CRM systems; besides being over priced, most are extremely confusing to learn and adapt to. I feel like Ascend TMS is the first system I've ever used that I knew how to operate at least 75% from the moment I started using it. Also I absolutely love how the systems remembers previous information and stores it for future use like customers, locations etc..

CONS

Up to now I have zero complaints about the system. It integrates flawlessly with my business. The only thing I think would be a great future feature would be if it had an APP. I believe that would be very useful to companies like mine that are agent-based because as an agent you're using your phone for work probably more than a computer or laptop and although I have signed into the system from my phone when in an emergency, I feel like on an actual app it would perform much better.

WOW WOW WOW - thank you so much, David. What an AMAZING review from an AMAZING person. You rock!! . The AscendTMS Team

Replied September 2020

Pat

Reviewed January 2021

Superb

Fantastic. Highly recommend.

PROS

The load management screen is extremely helpful for our brokers. The shortcut menu is wonderful as well (right-clicking on load)

CONS

I wish there was an option to search live trucks on load boards. Similar to the load search feature.

Reason for choosing AscendTMS Logistics Software

Price and simplicity. Also, great features.

Cloud based TMS

Pat - THANK YOU THANK YOU - what a wonderful and AMAZING review!!! I will let the entire team know!! You are the BEST. The AscendTMS Team.

Replied January 2021

Kris

Logistics and Supply Chain, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Development has taken a back seat

We have been using the service for over 3 years. The accounting module has been able to send all AR info to QuickBooks, all of the AP payments we have had to annually record because they released an incomplete module. Have had promise after promise made to us about software releases to only be told oh sorry we have had so many new features being released we haven't had time to work on the existing modules. Really disappointed.

PROS

Cheap software, a lot of features, easy to use.

CONS

Development worries about introducing new modules instead of making sure existing ones are working correctly. They don't have enough employees to handle the work load.

Kris - thanks for the review. If you need training on the Quickbooks connection just call us. We have several hundred users using it and it works just fine for them. The AscendTMS team.

Replied February 2019