All mHelpDesk Reviews

Reviewed February 2018

Our experience has been extremely positive. No other company would go this far for a customer.

We are completely cloud-based, completely mobile, our response time has decreased and profits have increased. We have found a vendor/partner that listens. We truly have an integrated product from end-to-end. Service calls/requests for quotes come in, an excellent work product goes out, seamlessly.

PROS

The field app is very strong and that is a must. The admin provides a true workflow experience. The software is as flexible as it can be, provides true integration to QB, and has cut our entry time in half. Our profits are up and communication is vastly improved. The cloud feature fits our Disaster Response plan. Their customer service is the best I have seen and we have tried many.

CONS

Very little to dislike. They are always improving. I would like to see an inventory module, and Ajax searches would be a real improvement. But overall, they are the "best-in-class".

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on mHelpDesk Mark! We are so happy to work with you and VIALARM.

Replied February 2018

Benjamin

Reviewed July 2019

Quick Response

The support team was very quick to answer & respond. Very knowledgeable.

PROS

How quickly their team responded and how when going to the screen to correct the problem I did not lose contact with the agent helping me and/or our conversation.

CONS

I haven't experienced anything yet to not like about this software. Like any program there's the "getting to know the program stage," and the experience is different for everyone. This is why the customer service department plays an important role. ; But once you get it, the things you can do with Your time that is freed up because of this software.

Reasons for switching to mHelpDesk

Referred by HomeAdvisor as well as saw the video & what this software can do. My wife said that she had just been replaced by a software & She Loves It!

Benjamin, we're thrilled to hear that our Customer Support team was able to quickly answer your questions. We work hard to make sure we resolve customer questions and concerns quickly. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help in the future, and thank you for being an mHelpDesk customer.

Replied July 2019

Miles

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Functional and reliable product with ZERO updates

It's been OK. We are still using it but we are actively looking for a replacement. Of course once you invest in a product it's painful to rip it off and go with another (despite being necessary). They know this and that might be part of why they are totally complacent.

PROS

I like the simplicity of it. It's very simple to use and it works as expected. If your goal is to schedule jobs, create quotes, schedule estimates, and push invoices over to quickbooks it works just fine. It also has a mobile app that is sufficient for basic functionality.

CONS

We've been using this product for over 2 years and they haven't made one single solitary update. Zero. Not one addition to the software. In other words, they appear to have absolutely no ambition whatsoever to make the system better. No doubt this is an organizational decision. If you're looking for a very basic product that works well for what it does, mhelpdesk is fine. If you're looking for a product that will grow with you then it absolutely is not. This product is going nowhere. They have absolutely no decent way to manage memberships. The system freezes up semi-frequently (although thankfully we've never had an extended downtime) The building of estimates is very basic and you have no way of building in multiple options within the same estimate. It's very plain jane. It always will be. There are manifold bugs and usually the bugs will last for months and months and sometime once they happen they never get resolved. For example: - I can no longer export a customer list from the software. I doubt they will resolve this despite the repeated tickets. - You can no longer drag and move items around on a quote when you're using google chrome. It only works if you're using Safari. The problem is virtually nothing in the product works with Safari so you have to login just to do that one task and then go back to Chrome for everthing else. - You have to click save more than once in certain workflows in order for the page to actually save.

Reason for choosing mHelpDesk

We were sold on the calendar/dispatch board.

Reasons for switching to mHelpDesk

HousecallPro's calendar/dispatch board was terrible.

Jamie

Reviewed February 2020

Excellent Platform

The demo and set up was great! They did the hard part with our onboarding.

PROS

The customer service is fantastic! There is not usually a wait time to get a person on the line to assist in any way.

CONS

There are report limitations. I have not been able to create a report that will include customer's email addresses.

Reason for choosing mHelpDesk

mHelpDesk had superb communication and customer service.

Reasons for switching to mHelpDesk

We outgrew Service Fusion and needed something with more capabilities.

Laura

Printing, 2-10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed July 2021

MHelp Desk is Pretty Good

Our business services print finishing equipment so I would say this is a pretty good application to use.

PROS

User friendly, easy to use. And also has a timekeeper with GPS included for service technicians which is a plus.

CONS

Inventory items added to customer invoices do not pull out of QBO inventory until the final sync when invoicing the customer. This can lead to incorrect inventory numbers until synced.

Reason for choosing mHelpDesk

We actually moved from mHelpDesk to Corrigo but will probably return to MHelpDesk. Corrigo is not user friendly.

Stuart

Design

Used free trial

Reviewed April 2014

Could be great if they tried

As a user, I can be their best critic, tester and advocate of their product, but the impression I get is that mhelpdesk do not particularly care, as long as they are getting their money. I have a raft of bugs and issues that I've been dealing with since November, which still are not fully resolved - I won't bore everyone with the details, but; one of the big ones is to do with timezones. If you live in the UK, or generally outside of USA, you're not in luck. The settings do not carry through correctly to email appointments sent to 'Technicians'. Hence an appointment always appears in the calendar 4 hours or so in advance of the time you actually requested. I actually cancelled my subscription this year, as I just was not getting anywhere with the support - I was writing long emails and getting nothing sorted. After I cancelled there was a sudden flurry of activity and they almost got the problem sorted out - they gave me a temporary workaround (so I re-subcribed). This issue is still not properly resolved. In addition, the app doesn't currently support an offline mode - hence it doesn't work if there isn't an internet connection, or if it temporarily loses the connection. The data looks like it's synchronised, but in fact it's lost. The files tab in the app, actually only supports images, which is a shame as the web version supports many other file types - which would be really useful to share with my guys on the road. It's a real shame, as overall the product has so much potential, the principle is very good. But, if only they would take more notice of the users that are using the product and actually get the small glitches sorted out, they might actually have a great product.

Hey Stuart- First off I want to say that we genuinely appreciate your feedback. The only way we're going to get better is to hear your problems, internalize the issues, and get to work on making things better. We absolutely care about the product. Without an awesome product we would not be in business. We are investing millions of dollars into product, UI, UX, and development to make Mhelpdesk the best field service software in the world. We are working hard on getting the features released that you mentioned (time zones, offline mode, email appointments to technicians, etc.) We have over 12 senior software engineers working diligently to deliver the best product. New features are being prioritized and released as soon as they are ready. We won't release something until it's flawless and has passed our extensive QA requirements. I'm sure you can appreciate this. If you need any help you can always reach out to us at 888-558-6275 or email happy@mhelpdesk.com. If that doesn't work for some reason, you can contact me directly at ryan@mhelpdesk.com. Thanks for being a customer for over 2 years. We will do whatever it takes on our end to make things right. Ryan

Replied October 2014

Michele

Reviewed March 2018

mHelp has been a welcome addition to our office. We are finding it to be valuable to our business.

We got rid of paper invoices, which has allowed us to streamline our billing and has saved our office countless hours. We are able to view our business at a glance on our computers and even on our phones when we are away from the office. We are just starting to see the benefits of using the scheduling board. The customization features are awesome!

PROS

We started off trying to master the Job, including invoicing but we are now branching off to use the scheduling board and many other aspects of the software. We find it to be user friendly. One of our very favorite features is the customizing capabilities. We are still learning but we are super happy over all with the software.

CONS

Truthfully we are happy with most everything. There are a couple of things we cannot do but we have worked around these issues.

Thank you so much for this feedback Michele--we're so happy to have the opportunity to support Hammons. We're glad the customization features have been helpful to your business!

Replied March 2018

Angelique

Renewables & Environment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2019

mHelpDesk changed my life

The benefits of mHelpDesk far outweigh any issues we've had with it. I would highly recommend it. You can pretty much do everything from start to finish with this program. I haven't used it long enough to utilize the invoice part, as I'm still using quickbooks, but for the most part, our company is really pleased with this program. And if we had to do it all over again, we would definitely pick mHelpDesk over all the others out there. And CSR, my account rep, has been phenomenal in answering questions and getting back to me quickly when I reach out.

PROS

The mapping tool is definitely my favorite part of this whole program. I can look at scheduled jobs and find unscheduled jobs nearby, which makes scheduling and keeping our guys within a certain distance very easy.

CONS

The estimate section of this program is my least favorite. It could be because I'm used to working with Quickbooks and I can send more than one estimate and I can see the body of the email before sending and edit it accordingly. With this program, I have to create a whole new job to send a new estimate, which is time consuming. So I don't always use the estimate feature, especially if I have more than one estimate option.

Thank you so much for this feedback Angelique! I'll share the recommendations on our estimate feature with the product team. We appreciate your business!

Replied January 2019

Facilities Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2019

From Tricycle to Jet Plane

Very Positive

PROS

Well organized Custom Fields and Work Types Features. MHelpDesk had every feature on our Deal Breakers List. It also had features we didn't think we would need, that have turned out to be really great.

CONS

Would like to use inventory without having it track in Quickbooks.

Thanks so much for sharing this feedback Mark! I also wanted to let you know that you can absolutely use our inventory feature without QuickBooks--please contact our account support team so they can help you get that set up. We appreciate your business!

Replied February 2019

Brett

Reviewed May 2018

Absolutely Fantastic Customer Support and Easy to use!

Organized our service business and made it much easier to operate

PROS

Whenever there is an issue with anything on the program they are super quick to get it fixed and won't stop until it is fixed. There are not a lot of issues, but every program has its glitches. It is also super easy to use and helps keep us very organized.

CONS

Sometimes the app does act up but it was much better once we switched our cellular device carrier to one with better coverage

Sylvette

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Poor Support - Poor Reporting

Customer services is lacking. Reports are basically non-existent. Requests to incorporate a feature to help the software grow into a more robust platform are not incorporated, in essence ignored. Opening a case for support took over 3 weeks! Software freezes and there are down-times that impact the daily operation and dispatching of technicians.

PROS

Clean design, simple setup. This was our first step in taking the business from paper to a software with mobile capabilities.

CONS

There are VERY limited reports, unable to scale a business with this software. It was a step between paper and a more robust software. Not able to count the how many reoccurring clients or the value for a specific business line item.

Reason for choosing mHelpDesk

Cost - with that said you get what you pay for.

Luke

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Overall Pretty Great!

Overall I would recommend this to most people in search of a CRM. There are a lot out there, but I cannot imagine the customer service is as good.

PROS

First, The customer service is Great! Especially the rep who helped me out tremendously. The live chat feature is probably the best in the business in terms of helpful information and response time. Aside from that the software works really well. We are not totally utilizing every feature and it works really well for our company! - The overall layout and ease of use is great - Very easy to create leads - Easy to convert lead to a job - Easy to create job tickets IF you enter the correct information into the ticket on the first try - Easy to schedule - Can even sync it to Google Calendar - The main screen is plain and easy to use - Moving from tab to tab is simple and straight forward - Running reports is easy and great - Items to service might be useful for keeping track of maintenance items on out company fleet - May even be useful if we have a better service tech, if we start doing more service items - We can inventory items as well. - I would like to explore options that you may know of regarding this and tool tracking inventory - The customer service live chat on this CRM is great - The mobile app is great for our guys in the field to use - Straight forward pretty simple - Push notifications work great - Simple and easy to contact customer - Easy to use maps that integrate with the phones maps software - There is are a lot of areas where you can customize the fields of input

CONS

- If you don’t input the information of the ticket correctly the first time, it makes it extremely difficult to change it after. - You cannot look up tickets by their address on the mobile app (At least not easily if there is a way). - When having a recurring lead there is no drop down to select the customer, you have to enter the customers name EXACTLY the same as it was entered the first time

Luke, thanks for the detailed review! We're very glad to hear that you are taking advantage of so many features of the app. Please let our team know if there is anything else we can do to help. Thank you for your business!

Replied June 2019

Sigrid

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2018

Reports

- great customer service availability by phone and online chat. - easy scheduling. - mobile app for technicians on the road.

PROS

With the help of the support team I was able to filter out a list of customers that live in a certain region. Our out of town customers are grouped by areas. In order to send those customers a reminder email or reminder cards we need to filter them from mHelp. The report feature is too restricted and didn't help us. Then finally I had someone on the phone that told me to create a new selection under Customers. I selected the cities that are on that route and listed all of them separately. And voila, I had a list of customers that I was able to export to excel.

CONS

I don't like the way the reports are set up. There should be at least one report available that we can select/ search for all the fields that we need included. At the moment the customer custom fields can NOT be selected. Although this is a database that we're working on and theoretically all fields can be searched. I think it is not only us that ran into this problem. I need to be able to select fields that are important to our business to filter out e.g. the customer, their address, email, phone number in a certain region. Another problem that came up from the solution above is that those lists can not be edited and therefore always need to be deleted and re-entered. It would be great if that could be editable. If that function would be editable it would eliminate possible mistakes while re-entering the whole list of e.g. cities that were entered before.

Hi Sigrid--thank you so much for this review and feedback on our reporting. We're always looking at ways to improve so this is very helpful, and will be shared with our product team. We appreciate it!

Replied April 2018

Facilities Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2019

mHelpDesk lacks on the support

Dispatching

PROS

It's quite easy to use, did not take long to get the hang of, but I am also very comfortable with computing and software. You would have to be since the documentations they have only go as far as showing you the default way of doing things. If your business does not follow their model exactly you will be customizing yourself for weeks to come. All-in-all though, the software is functional, no down time, and the servers are pretty quick.

CONS

Ugh, there are several things to dislike. First and foremost, is the customer support. You will wait forever for a response, and when you finally get one, its just that, one. Then you have to wait another 30 mins for them to respond to your next sentence again. We are talking the same conversation here and they have 30 mins between replies. If it's my turn, it's my turn, don't leave every reply hanging. Second, they pick and choose what part of the terms & cond. they follow. It says, no refund, at all. Yet I know different because they refunded one month. THis was due to the fact that there software does not sync with quickbooks as advertised and I spent 2 weeks working on that. I had to create a whole new quickbooks, delete every single service from mHelpDesk (over 1200) and then recreate them in Quickbooks and then sync. A VERY LARGE undertaking and they did not help a single bit. They just waited until I was finished and refunded one month. When the software didn't work at first, I asked for a refund because they didn't hold up their end of the agreement, and they flat refused. Breached their own terms and everything, and still refused, and I was still within my trial time. Point is, make certain you want them first, because they will breach their own terms and tell you to get over it.

David -- thank you for the review. I'm sorry to hear that the Quickbooks sync did not go as smoothly as it should have and that you did not have the best experience with our support team. We pride ourselves on focusing on customer support, so I will pass your feedback to that team to see how we can continue improving our service. If you have any other issues with your account please contact our team and we will be happy to help. Thank you for your business!

Replied March 2019

Maurice

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2022

There Is A Requirement To Seep Up The System.

When I decided to migrate to an online, cloud-based system that would help us manage our firm more efficiently, I looked at a number of options. I had a chance to speak with a couple of them. I wanted to deal with a smaller company that could provide excellent service and grow with us. MHelpdesk has made my life a lot easier. We run a home painting company, and having all of our information in one location has been quite beneficial. We are still in the process of transferring everything, but at our own pace. My advice to anyone considering this is to take the jump, sign up for the 30-day trial, and give it a shot. Take it for a minimum of three weeks to see how it works. You won't want to return to the never-ending spreadsheets. I understand that there are larger organizations in this field, but they will not treat you as well as these folks.

PROS

The customizability options for generating estimates and invoices are fantastic. The ability to build a price list simplifies invoicing in the field by allowing you to simply add a pre-worded/priced line item to the invoice. Collecting payments is equally simple, thanks to the possibility of emailing an invoice to a customer, who can then click a link and pay with a credit card.

CONS

The one thing we'd want to see modified is the ability to schedule a work order by selecting a project name. At the moment, you can only choose a site's parent name. Because not all parent names correspond to site names in our field, determining the correct parent and site name can be difficult at times. It would be helpful if you could add by site parent name or exact site location.

Reason for choosing mHelpDesk

why I can choose this I am already explain in my pros, cons & describe section.

Roman

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2019

Customer support is great....in particular if you can get past the service desk to a develper or accont rep

Really need the business unit capability enhanced a bit, and security levels in the system increased (ie added limited user option)...need a few more of this tye of permision, but by business unit *ie geographic region or department...This enables us to grow as a company and not have to look for an alternative system

PROS

ease of use, desktop and mobile app pretty close....like idea of mobile app being focused on field technician, and desktop app can be used by office admin, etc.. I use it for field work order management, and close off the financial transactions for one account and on another account have finalcial transaction turned on. I use both.. I like idea of having both options. I find the tool easy to use, expandability is smooth as we grow the business...ie just add another account.......No problems with limitations on data, etc... They have a business unit function, which allows me to expand operations to different geogrphical regions and maintain each region as a separate entity.....I do not want the east coast operation to impact on the west coast operation, etc...I can also bill each region with a different logo/business unit, etc

CONS

There have been several times when changes made to system (ie enhancements), however there were bugs and it negatively impacted on my operation. Becomes a big problem when you have several hundered users out in the field and there is a bug or functionlity of the system changes. Need much more notice on functionality changes to help with field change management.

Emily

Reviewed June 2017

The software is easy to use for any person- whether you are a computer pro or have basic knowledge!

PROS

I love the fact that I can create custom fields for my jobs that will translate over to invoices. I can make custom fields for each type of service I provide. You can also create custom fields for your customer profile. It absolutely amazes me as I never thought I would find a software tailor made for our niche company- a commercial diving firm. With being able to customize everything from customer profiles to job to invoices I can have the exact software and features I need and am able to disable other features I don't need. Also the customer service is seriously stellar- 5 stars! Every person I have spoken with at MHelp Desk has been extremely helpful , informative, and professional. You can call, email, or even live chat with customer support to suit your needs! They also have loads of resources if you are a do it yourself-er. Between watching videos on their youtube channel to utilizing the community forum- I have hardly needed any assistance setting up my account and utilizing it. The import from Quickbooks is seamless and so simple- it makes switching to a new software insanely easy. 10/10 would recommend!!

CONS

The only con i can think of is having to put my appointments in a time slot. I have not looked into this all the way yet as I am still customizing everything. With my business our service calls do not need time slots and the customer are not present for the work so it would be helpful to see all my appointments for the day without them being assigned a specific time. (even this isn't a real big negative for me more of a pet peeve). I bet if I asked them they could figure out how it can be set up like this!