All Typeform Reviews

Ömer Faruk

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed April 2022

Typeform has one of the most natural UI to design human centered forms and survey.

I have an extensive experience with software from the times of start-up to today. I would like to mention a specific case where we used software for an academic extensive survey. During the days of the Pandemic, Typeform supported the community extensively by providing pro accounts to the researchers specific to COVID-19. With the help of Typeform we have collected 11k of feedback from academics about their perceptions on how COVID changed their teaching in higher education. Thanks to the Typeform we collected a massive data that is used extensively for academic articles in Turkey.

PROS

As the title suggests, Typeform is for people who would like to ask opinions with style, rather than outdated web alternatives with boring designs. In social research, the first step to impress someone is to show them that the form or survey is specifically tailored to the user experience. With Typeform you can create this feeling from the introduction to the end of the survey. UI is very friendly and compatible with almost any device capable of web browsing. It is one of the true-responsive web applications out there. Not just user experience, but designing forms is also a breeze which provides new learners easy to control. Also for experienced form designing, logic system provides all the essential tools that one can possibly need.

CONS

Apart from the all responsive nature of user interface. Designing and editing form is currently for desktop browsers. Ablility to transform surveys into exams or quizez with audit support may extend the functionality further.

Reason for choosing Typeform

User interface is the absolute answer.

Reasons for switching to Typeform

Because UI feels a bit outdated and design distract users attention esp, in responsive mode.

Ali

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Typeform Makes Complex Automations Easy

Our team and clients love how easy and fun Typeform is to use! We get great feedback on the experience!

PROS

We love using Typeform to simplify automations. We have a client that we needed to create a vetting process for securing a rental. We created an automated form to approve them for a rental and direct them to the appropriate rental to purchase based on membership level/event needs. The best part is Typeform integrates well with many of the other platforms we are using! We've set up several direct connections and zaps!We also use Typeform as a lead generator and for fun customer experience activities for our clients.

CONS

While Typeform allows for the best design experience out there, my only wish as a designer is that we had a little more flexibility on font sizes/question placement on the slides. However, not a dealbreaker and many design work around options.

Reason for choosing Typeform

Typeform allows you to create a fun user experience and create an unlimited amount of automations.

Reasons for switching to Typeform

User experience -- Typeform is so much more fun and you can create so many custom automations that Google does not allow!

Thanks for the review, Ali. We're thrilled to hear you love using our platform and are happy with our current offering of integrations. We'd love to learn more about how we're helping you and your team with your day-to-day projects. If you're open to chatting and sharing your story with us, please reach out to us at: customerevidence@typeform.com

Replied October 2023

Alicia

Consumer Goods, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2023

Didn’t have enough flexibility for me

It initially felt like it would be a great option to me, but started to feel limiting, which led to frustration for me and giving up on trying to use it.

PROS

I liked the format used to build the form. It allowed for the format of the form to be visualized as you built it.

CONS

I didn’t like that you couldn’t really customize the form but so much while using the free option. It also didn’t feel like I was able to easily locate a of the options available to me.

Reason for choosing Typeform

Was just testing my options before making my final decision.

Reasons for switching to Typeform

Was looking for something a little more robust with options to build a form.

RACHEL

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

The easiest survey tool yet!

Exceptional. I migrated from Jotfform and could not recommend Typeform more.

PROS

It was ridiculously easy to set up; whether I chose to do it on my own entirely or go through the .ai generator which created an entire survey for me based on just one descriptive paragraph. Just about hands and the analytics are so simple to review!

CONS

The only difficult part that had me reaching out to support was how to set up email notifications for each form submitted.

Ciera

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Limited but reliable and clean

Typeform is very user friendly, especially on the presentation end (your surveys appear clean and professional - which I find makes people more inclined to complete). On the back end, it is relatively easy to navigate through creating what you need and tailoring it, but can be a bit confusing and limited when exporting and analyzing the data gathered.

PROS

The best thing about Typeform is how clean, nice and professional your surveys turn out without doing too much work on your part in formatting the look of it. Reliable as a fairly quick to use aesthetically pleasing presentation.

CONS

The one hang up that I continue to find frustrating in using this platform for surveys is the way that you are able to access and view the data collected. I feel that Xcel style spreadsheets and somewhat outdated and an inefficient form of collecting and analyzing your data. For my usage, I have had trouble in finding other options as far as formatting to export your data.

Reason for choosing Typeform

Much easier to use and customize on back end for quicker and less in depth projects

Reasons for switching to Typeform

Superior visually as a presentation and for users to access, complete and submit [less roadblocks in accessing survey, completing, and exporting data]

Isabel

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed December 2023

Awesome but pricey

Overall amazing experience. The only reason I don't recommend this to every company is because of the price.

PROS

Functionality and customizability are great. Can integrate with other user flows or processes easily. It is sophisticated yet easy to use.

CONS

It is pricey compared to similar tools. Smaller plans have very limited functionality. You need to have total clarity of how to leverage this tool to consider it in your budget.

Reason for choosing Typeform

Typeform had the robust functionality we needed and also the capability to use our branding.

Reasons for switching to Typeform

We needed to have better integrations with other user flows.

Jake

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2023

Modern style and customisable questions, but not very brand customisable

Overall, I love Typeform - especially it's main style and the templates. It does so much that's so useful, and it's definitely mainly a good experience. If I had to choose all over again which product I use, I would choose Typeform again for sure.

PROS

The default (and only) style is modern and looks great, and there are a huge range of options for the question and response types. There are a huge amount of great templates, which make it very quick to create a still detailed form.

CONS

There's a lack of brand customisation, so you can't match the form to your brand's style. This makes it look less native if you embed it into your application or website. Also, while the stats are mostly alright, they lack a feature that Jotform has that I love - turning all your statistics into a presentation automatically.

Reasons for switching to Typeform

So I initially used Google forms, from which I switched to Typeform, and then I tried out Jotform. I did switch back to Typeform, however.I switched to Typeform from Google Forms because Google Forms simply doesn't look as good as Typeform does, and it's a lot less customisable in terms of the types of questions and fields.

Jared

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Modern, Smart Form Builder!

Typeform allows us to learn more about new customers about to start the onboarding process while also saving us time by collecting the info we need from them using their logic jumps.

PROS

Typeform has developed a tool with not only a modern, engaging design, but also extremely powerful. You can create a map of logic jumps depending on answers submitted by the registrant.

CONS

Typeform can be a bit complex to use and it's hard to tell if something has saved automatically or not.

Reason for choosing Typeform

Logic jumps plus we already had an account with Typeform for another department.

Ryan

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Best Form Builder Design

Overall, I think that Typeform is the best form builder out there in terms of user interface. However, it may be quite expensive to some users.

PROS

Compared to other form builders, I prefer Typeform since it has a very appealing user interface for me and my responders. Rather than a static survey page, a user interface like Typeform will increase my users' engagement.

CONS

I don't particularly like Typeform's pricing as it seems pretty expensive compared to the extra features I get. Notably, the amount of responses cannot be deleted if it is just a test run.

Reason for choosing Typeform

I feel Typeform has a better UI than Jotform; hence, it is my choice.

Filip

Higher Education, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Beautiful form creation tool for all purposes

Simple to use and easy to start working with surveys. Logic option gives you another dimension for feedback.

PROS

Beautiful design of forms can help get an attention from respondents. Great tamplates to start from begining.

CONS

Price plans are to high for small teams.

Reasons for switching to Typeform

Still using SurveyMonkey for some type of surveys.

Nadia

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2020

Beautiful, online forms in a highly user-friendly format

Typeform has allowed me to present beautiful surveys to my clients so they can share their thoughts, opinions and needs. It's pleasant to use, both for me and for my clients, and it's fun and fresh in the design and style. I have also been able to get further insight into the data collected thanks to the Typeform analytics dashboard. It's great to have a tool I can use when I need to rapidly create and publish a survey and engage my customers in completing it! I can rely on its well-thought out features and analytics tools.

PROS

I love how the forms work for the user: they're original, nice looking and highly functional. When someone fills out your questionnaire, they see each question individually. Once they answer it, they hit "enter" and they see the next question. The forms are very nice looking, with a good color scheme and font--it's definitely eye-catching and helps the user to focus on the question on the screen. Typeform looks professional and is an excellent way to gather information from your clients or anyone else you need to survey. It's also easy to create the survey itself and equally intuitive with its drag and drop style. The one-question-at-a-time format also helps to increase the number of completed forms, as it's not overwhelming, like a page of questions might be.

CONS

The price is reasonable but definitely adds another cost to your business for a single service that could be replaced by a free product. It is, however, worth the price if you regularly use surveys in your business. For those who'd like to add a logo or other additional business-specific designs, Google Forms would be a better bet as Typeform's branding possibilities are minimal. For my business I think Typeform is ideal, presentation-wise, but I have thought about how it might look less professional depending on whom I'm surveying (for example, very formal or traditional clients).

Reason for choosing Typeform

The look of Survey Monkey is not as modern and timeless. It's also a little clunkier to use and re-organize surveys. Overall, Typeform is much more functional for entrepreneurs, particularly thanks to its powerhouse analytics tools. In that regard, Survey Monkey cannot compete, and this was the main reason I chose Typeform over Survey Monkey.

Pius

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Typeform

Typeforms are awesome! It's been really easy to use from the start and is extremely reliable when it comes to third-party integrations working smoothly without regular errors. It's easy to collaborate and manage with fellow team members and as a team, we love it. It has its shortcomings but with a few improvisations of extra fields and third-party integrations here and there, you can get the best out of Typeforms.

PROS

What I like most is the opportunity to extremely personalize forms. You can do this with the data the user has just filled in or with data you have coming with from third-party apps, in my case Airtable. This gives you an opportunity to connect better with your lead and get a higher form completion rate.

CONS

Typeform needs to expand its integration with Airtable. You can create forms within Typeforms from tables on AIrtable but it has shortcomings for me. I have my data stored in Airtable but it's not possible to bring all multi-select field types or linked records when creating a form. I can easily export the responses to Airtable and add missing records later, manually, but It would be much better if I could have all fields on the form as it is on Airtbale with linked records. Also, it's sustainable to keep doing this manually if you collect a lot of data.

Reason for choosing Typeform

The conditional logic offered in Typeforms helps create better converting forms.

Emily

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Typeform Review

I love Typeform. I love that it integrates with our CRM and how easy it is to create forms. They consistently make updates to improve the software and make it even better as a marketing tool for its users.

PROS

Skip logic! Building forms with Typeform is almost like a game or a test because you have to think through situations and different paths people can go through filling out your form. The skip logic is crucial to having different pathways in one form for a custom experience.

CONS

The matrix-type of question isn't as customizable as I wish it would be. I guess it serves a different purpose than I assumed.

Reason for choosing Typeform

Typeform is way more customizable than Google Forms. We opted out of Gravity Forms because we steered away from using WordPress softwares.

1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed September 2021

Fresh Take on Better Surveys

Great. Makes the boring old survey chore, more of a fun choice. Allows us to be more creative and put out more engaging surveys with easier interfaces that result in improved completion rates. The back end is slick. The builder works. It is easy to implement conditional logic and the overall experience feels like an actual advancement over older software.

PROS

After years of using older software, we gave Typeform a try. It is more engaging, more modern and has more user-friendly options when crafting internal and external surveys. Ease of set up is there, and it has great logic and intelligence behind the pretty interface.

CONS

Not a lot to not like, however would like to see some additional analytics. This depends on your goal and purpose, as well as the way you set up the tool. However I would have liked to segment my inbound data slightly different. Not a deal breaker by any means,

Reason for choosing Typeform

Better user interface paired with the ability to retain all previous features from older tools.

Reasons for switching to Typeform

Wanted a better, slicker interface. Less industrial and more with the times. But still needed to offer advance setup solutions and intelligence.

Portia

Professional Training & Coaching, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed February 2023

Typeform is great if you have the money to invest

I really liked Typeform and I would continue to use it if the price point was lower. I'd recommend it to people looking to capture several different types of leads!

PROS

I first started using Typeform early in my business. I think that this was back in the day when Typeform had at least 100 submissions free each month if I recall. This was really helpful when I was developing a lead generation capture form that I posted on LinkedIn. The conditional logic feature was very easy to figure out and allowed me to use one form to capture four different types of leads.I really like Typeform’s features, but it’s was too expensive for a small business owner who is trying to grow her business. It's a great product so I understand the updated price point, but there are other things that are more pressing that I need to invest in my business. other than that I would recommend Typeform to people.

CONS

The updated prices! I understand the need to increase the price, but this is the main reason why I stopped using Typeform. Also, the Workspaces were a bit challenging for me to understand when I first started.

Reason for choosing Typeform

I first started with Typeform because the conditional logic questions were very easy to develop, but I don't use it as much anymore due to the price increase. I'd still recommend it to people!

Tommy

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Typeform is top tier!

Typeform allows me to create forms that help engage and support my old and new customers that are looking to get more information or inquire about doing business. Overall, the experience has been great and I look forward to continue utilizing this great software to stand out from my competition and create a unique customer experience.

PROS

What I like most about this software is its intuitive ease of use and customizability. Typeform allows you to create stunning forms that engage your audience all while collecting important data to improve service.

CONS

Typeform does not have many cons, my least favorite feature is that ultimate features are unlocked with a higher paying plan, but that's not that bad.

Reason for choosing Typeform

Typeform made collecting data fun and engaging for potential clients in a way that google forms did not. Also the integration to put a type form anywhere (website, email, etc,) was so easy.

Reasons for switching to Typeform

Typeform presentation was more customizable and gave my forms a much more polished and tailored feel.

Ed

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Elegant survey solution that just flows one question at a time

Great app, positive experience

PROS

Ability to seamlessly conduct a survey, one question at a time

CONS

Support was slow getting back to me on questions and still got me the answers

Reason for choosing Typeform

Elegance and flow of surveys using single question pages

Functionality, integrations and price