• Pros

• "I love how easy this software is to use! I never used this software before and when I was trained on it, it was so quick to understand and the items I need are at a quick access! "

• "Very easy to navigate. Format is easy to navigate"

• "Ease of use, great support, easy adoption and deployment"

• Cons

• "Excellent initial product, but needed modified to fit my job."

• "There is nothing really to dislike... sure there are somethings that some people would want. But these guys listen, and usually deliver the goods in updates"

• "Personally I found this software very confusing. The layout was overwhelming to look at. I think there could be a more organized way and a more sleek layout for the software."

Browse Forms On Fire Reviews

Cliff from Laitram Machinery, Inc.

Industry: Machinery

Easiest to Implement!

Very pleased with the ease of developing our forms, distributing, updating, and collecting the uploaded data . The drag and drop interface for forms is outstanding and the help files make it easy to develop any workflow you can imagine, very powerful!

Pros

Our team especially liked the openness of the software programming interface, the associated help files, and the superb customer support whenever we had a question. We knew going in that we would have some "special tasks" we would need to implement and Forms On Fire appeared to have the best programming system in place to easily make that happen using our own personnel and not requiring the software company to handle everything at additional cost. The system is so easy it just doesn't require that much support, but if you need it, they are there to help!

Cons

I think the website interface could use a few minor improvements like having data view columns maintain their positions between sessions or refreshes, and perhaps a little more development on the dashboard, although we'll probably develop our own that most of the vendors for this type of software simply don't offer.

Reasons for Choosing Forms On Fire

We chose Forms On Fire over the competition based on the following: 1- Best Responses to our RFP documentation 2- Wide number of platforms the software will run on 3- Ease of developing the required forms and their ongoing maintenance as our products evolve 4- Most open development environment and help system in place allows us to do what we want, when we want, and not have to have the software vendor do it for us, unless we need them to! 5- Price is one of the best out there and provides excellent value per dollar

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied March 2020

Hi Cliff, thank you for your very kind words. We appreciate all our clients. Most our clients want such specific information about dashboards. Have you talked to our pro services team about designing something for you and your specific data? Reach out to us, we want to help! -Kendall

Francisco from Florida Leak Locators

Helps us stand out

Helps us stand out from the competition

Pros

Connectivity with other software. It allows us to include pictures into the report.

Cons

Programming is not that easy, hard to learn.

Reasons for Choosing Forms On Fire

Just tried it out and it worked.

Manuela from Parsons

Forms on Fire

We are using Forms on Fire on all our field tablets to gather resident and sampling information. Greatly reduces the use of paper, and minimizes with pull down menus the typing errors, etc.

Pros

System is flexible, powerful, and easily adaptable to a lot of different applications. We were able to use existing templates and got them integrated into our user platform relatively easy. User friendly, app does save any information entered if you have to quickly exit and loose service. Fantastic customer support.

Cons

Some features are still being worked on, at times can become unstable and crash on us in the field. Fortunately, the entered data is being saved and we loose little time until we are back up and running.

Alex from us bath systemd

Smooth interface but technical issues frequently come up

Pros

The software is easy to use, clean interface, and alerts me when I am missing required information

Cons

There are frequent problems whenever we try to make an update, things don’t seem to work how we expected them to. Also the documents this platform generates seem to be missing items and we can’t figure out how to fix this.

Geoff from Todd Workshop

A unique and powerful platform

This platform has been a great success in taking paper-based processes onto mobile devices and producing bespoke reports automatically. The support is excellent and I highly recommend it.

Pros

I discovered Forms on Fire while researching platforms that could replace the paper-based systems of one of my consulting clients. No other platform offered the same level of flexibility, power and support. I can build exactly what they need without them having to bend their long-established processes out of shape to fit into a purpose-built platform. The results have been excellent - hundreds of hours saved per month and continuously improving. Forms on Fire integrates with their existing SQL database, and produces Word reports that use the existing template. This process is seamless, producing far more detailed and better-looking reports than alternatives.

Cons

There are features that lack some polish or ease of use (e.g. currently the sketch feature has some quirks when used for making diagrams rather than recording signatures), but the support team is always open to feedback and every concern I have raised has been either addressed immediately or I have been advised that it is being considered for development.

Reasons for Choosing Forms On Fire

Forms on Fire is more flexible, better value for money, better integrated with other systems and therefore more future-proof.

Mark from Pacific Rim Environmental

Mobile forms that work

Learning curve was not as complex as other platforms I have used. The online support has been good. System up time has never been a concern. Employee adoption has been great. Overaall glad I moved to Forms on Fire

Pros

The capability of the platform allows you to create simple and complex form solutions. It 's built in support for the Windows platform has simplified my development and testing of forms. It supports SharePoint integration which makes updating the mobile lists in the platform effortless.

Cons

The SharePoint connector doe not allow changes int he lists on your device to be updated thru the SharePoint connector

Consistent pricing. Fully supported ecosystem

Nick from Blattner Company

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Forms on Fire Review.

Pros

In one word: flexibility. Basic forms can be developed by almost anybody. More advanced forms can be developed by getting a little creative, though you may need to reach out to Forms on Fire to help implement your desired solution.

Cons

Forms on Fire can be incredibly complex, requiring users to do a lot of learning.

James from Harmony Outdoor Brands

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Excellent Platform

Mobile option helped us stay informed with weekly, monthly and yearly sales at all of our assigned store locations.

Pros

Ease of use with platform. I visit stores daily and use this tool to keep track of previous visits, sales data has been incorporated into the tool, as well as relevant information to help keep stores and my on track. This software was modified to fit what the Territory Managers with my company needed and required of the tool.

Cons

Excellent initial product, but needed modified to fit my job.

Reasons for Choosing Forms On Fire

It was chosen by the Leadership team within my company. Excellent choice in my opinion. Flexible enough to be modified to our requirements and needs.

Albert from Schnellecke Logistics USA

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Think it's a great product

Overall experience with this product has been great

Pros

Easy for end users to complete and share information

Cons

Data not always the way you want for presentation

Chad from Sprague pest solution

Industry: Public Safety

User friendly

Pros

I love how easy it is to fill out the forms and the ability to add new forms as needed

Cons

In ability to delete a form in the field if you needed to

Joanna from Comfort Monster Heating & Air

Fun to use, so robust for small businesses looking for efficiency

Ability to gather info from guys in the field and turn it into nice-looking reports for customers and actionable knowledge for the office.

Pros

When my business needed a form built and I was tired of waiting for programmers to build stuff for us that cost a lot of money and our time trying to explain to them what we needed, then wasn't quite right because they still don't really understand our business, I decided to build one myself. I then spent a lot of time looking at different products, and most of the ones that had the core functionality I needed (the ability to automatically create PDFs) were either too annoyingly simple and couldn't make the calculations I needed or they were so complex I would have to learn a lot of programming. Thank goodness I found Forms on Fire! It's the perfect middle ground that lets me do amazing things with a little work and playing around but takes care of the basics in the background.

Cons

They have a knowledge base that is great for getting started, but often doesn't show enough examples for me to quickly understand how to make their more advanced features work. And sometimes they go ahead and release new features (yay!) without fully debugging or writing up how to use or the bugs they've already found and are working on.

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied November 2018

Hi Joanna, we appreciate your kind words and we now have a process in place for adding examples to our knowledge base, which occurs every week!

Robert H from Turnable, LLC

Insane levels of power and customization at an affordable price

FoF allowed us to create custom inspection forms to match exactly what we needed without any superfluous junk that would just get in the way. Other platforms we looked at required us to use pre-existing templates that would make us either have to ignore or fill out stuff we didn't care about, while FoF allowed us to make custom inspection forms for every aspect of the business for easy tracking/sorting/recording of in-field data that's vital to our business.

Pros

It allows anyone to customize inspection forms for literally any industry and/or location at an affordable price. Get just what you want, nothing more, nothing less. One-size-fits-all doesn't actually fit anyone; this software fits YOU like a bespoke suit from Lloyd's of London.

Cons

The interface to make your own forms isn't 100% intuitive, though the amount of time needed to learn is very short and you can be up and running in less than an hour. Subsequent customization of forms is really easy.

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied April 2018

Thank you Robert, we appreciate the kind words and glad you have joined our movement!

Jackie from Sealed Speed

Make Forms That Make Everyone's Life Easier!

Pros

I'm a CODiE Award judge and have seen a ton of product. Forms On Fire are clearly mobile experts and have built a product that solves a core problem: how to create forms that make everyone's life easier - starting with yours! (No need to hire an army of SW developers who'll take months, only to add so much complexity that end-users won't use them.) In my opinion, here are some best use cases: Marketing & Finance Execs have 100's of new projects requiring input from multiple key stakeholders, critical dependencies and conflicting deadlines (activations, email campaigns, events, trade shows, surveys, new product launches, press releases, content updates etc..). Collaboration meetings are endless, the teams out straight and deadlines are near. The last thing anyone wants to do is fill out a form - unless you can make one that's easy and adds to their productivity, rather than subtracts. Formsonfire let's you create a form for repeatable tasks that you can also pre-set to be sent to the parties you choose to, at the schedule you need. Its intuitive design, the fanatically customer-centric support team and library of visual tutorials, ensure the form you envisioned is exactly what you get. Only you know how your key stakeholders' world works. You can make it easy for them, and they'll make life easier for you. In today's gig economy, (Lyft, Uber, Instacart, Postmates, Jobble etc.),HR onboards 100's or staff, quickly and accurately. Formsonfire's the answer!

Cons

I was able to get started without contacting them for any help. But more tutorials are always welcome.

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied April 2018

Thanks again for your kind words Jackie, and if you want to get another product tour to see what is coming down the road, sign up at our web site.

April 2016

Micah from RAD Inspections, LLC.

GOOD DIY FORM BUILDER

I run a small business and needed a form built. I had looked at other places but most required you to pay them to build a form and were easily over $2,000. A reason I was attracted to Forms on Fire was they provide DIY templates which can be customized. Before trying to build it myself, I enquired about them building my form. Their estimate came back at the price for an 8 hour retainer(Quite Hefty). At hearing that, I Reckon as long as it doesn't take me 80 hours to build it on my own ill be doing ok. I am not a computer savvy person, I didn't know what many of the names of certain features meant. At the time I thought maybe for a person who's used to building forms with binary code or something crazy this may be an "easy" DIY form builder. For a person off the street however, I think it would be very confusing. If it were not for Learning about a free tech support session with one of their staff, I think I would still be banging my head on my desk. I jumped at the chance to get some insight into this brave new world I had entered. I was astoundingly fortunate to have spent the session with Megan who was absolutely delighted to show me through the form and explain the terminology(FYI they have since put together a bunch of youtube video tutorials). After that amazingly helpful session, I then proceeded to build my entire form for the next three hours( it really is easy once you know what the terminology is). The form has since taken maybe another hour to tweak and add some things to make it perfect. All told from beginning to end it has taken five hours(75 hours ahead of schedule...SAVINGS!). Once I was guided through, it actually became fun. I'm so happy with how it turned out, and it has given me a huge advantage over the competition. I would highly recommend watching the videos, taking the support session(I hope you get to spend the session with megan she is a wonderful guide) and build it yourself. The feeling of accomplishment and knowing its built to your exact specifications, saving money but more importantly time is priceless. cheers!!

George from (classified)

Forms On Fire saved the day

As a consultant serving a rapidly growing business, I needed a technology I could count on for reliability, scalability, easy configuration, and ease of maintenance. We didn't have the budget for a custom-code software project or to buy a big ERP solution. We had some internal processes and some customer-facing processes that needed to be standardized, controlled, and mobilized to improve our performance against the bottom line and to strengthen our competitive edge. After a great deal of searching, I found Forms On Fire. The incredible flexibility and power of the Forms On Fire platform gave us everything we needed at an incredibly competitive price. One of the greatest things about it is the ease with which we can make changes to and manage the solution ourselves. That was an essential requirement that we had a hard time finding elsewhere. We needed something that could operate smoothly on our mobile devices. Some of our team are using tablets, some on smartphones, and all on a mixture of Android and iOS operating systems. We needed a solution to connect reliably to two external data systems, output PDF documents , and automatically send multiple emails throughout workflow processes. In the past, such a list of requirements would have been extremely expensive to produce and would have required contracting with software developers. When I found Forms On Fire I was elated because I knew I could take care of my client successfully and that many future projects would be a breeze. My clients often see technology implementations as expensive, time-consuming and risky. Forms On Fire really came through and showed us how painless it can be. Their customer service is outstanding and it helps to have competent, responsive help only a phone call away when you're dealing with the information backbone of a business. If you have been searching for something to enable and mobilize your business, Forms On Fire is the best answer I have found. I look forward to further work with them.

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied April 2016

We LOVE our clients!

Chris from HydroPoint Data Systems, Inc.

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Covers everything from simple to complex

We have been working with Forms On Fire for over 2 years and are very pleased with the excellent service and a great product. We use this software to build our own survey apps which are heavy on data and have lots of photos. It is easy to use and building a form is a fairly simple process. We rely heavily on the connectors to save forms to Box and for customer facing reports. Being able to customize a report in Word is amazing when compared to our old mobile survey system. Our field users love the ease of use and the instant update. Regular enhancements and new features keep expanding its usability. Great product with some of the best customer support you will find!

Pros

Ease of use, great support, easy adoption and deployment

Cons

The mapping feature, using GPS function still needs improvement

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied December 2016

Chris, be sure to send us any improvements you want to see in the GPS/Mapping function, we would love to hear your ideas and see if we can include them into the 2017 product roadmap!

Sébastien from Spa & Hotel le Finlandais

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great software and Costumer service

The mobile experience is great overall. We got problems with specific form when we tried to get a task done. The mobile version is pretty much intuitive. Users learned very quickly by themselves.

Pros

This software has multiple features. The form builder offers you any kind of options you’d have and needs. Their customer service and technician quickly reply to your questions and problems. Detailed users management.

Cons

The form builder is a bit tricky to learn. If your needs are basics features it’s quite simple, but since you get in more complex forms then you’d probably need their help to get it work properly.

Reasons for Choosing Forms On Fire

Customization options and versatility.

Great product for mobile field forms.

Reasonable and flexible pricing model. Helpful customer support Flexibility and efficiency in document production for collected data/

Pros

Sharepoint connector simplified my life and makes updating form fields seamlessly. The ability to generate documents and upload to SharePoint (or 11 other connectors) eliminated several steps and failure points in my old system. The ability to create a new version of a form and deploy in teat mode to selected users allows continuous form development and testing without impacting forms deployed currently. Forms on Fire pricing makes the product a good value.

Cons

Dispatch seems to be more complex than needed and has limited features. It might be that I do not completely understand the feature yet.

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied April 2018

Hello, and thank you for the review. Please contact our support team to organize a time with us to implement the dispatch/workflow features. We think you will be able to get done what you want.

Will from Alistair Group

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Excellent all-round data capture tool

We started out using FOF as a basic inspection tool but we've started to realize how powerful it is for tasks such as inventory management. Equally impressive is the ability to generate, email and file really nice templated documents in under a minute.

Pros

We've used this software for everything from general inspections to land assessments. Except for a few advanced features the software is exceptionally easy to use and I've always received great customer service if I get stuck on something. Offline data capture and offline printing are really powerful features.

Cons

Not much to dislike. It's a bit tough to get your head around some of the data-source read/write functions....but again their customer-service makes up for it whenever you encounter an issue.

Jose from Adams County

Industry: Law Enforcement

Forms on Fire Amazing

Forms on fire (FOF) allows for businesses to create forms and automate processes that would otherwise be time consuming in the paper world. I tried and reviewed numerous other companies Fast Forms, Pronto Forms and Happy Inspector to name a few to determine the product that best served my needs. I needed a software easy to use, flexible and worked on three platforms iOS, Android and Windows. The ability to design, create and import data in different formats to include software support. Most importantly it needed to be priced affordably. Let me state this clearly, FOF is truly an amazing software that met all my expectations. Most importantly the pricing was lower if not comparable to the competition. The customer service was just insane, they were helpful, provided my with video and live support, one on one session and followed up with me to see if I had questions (I had plenty). What sealed the deal for me was the pricing and the cross platform availability. Megan Jackson of FOF was fantastic and incredibly helpful. As of the posting of this review, FOF redesigned the dashboard and it was no surprise to see that it was astatically pleasing visually and even more functional. Guys keep up the good work!

Pros

The availability to use it on different platforms ios, android and windows. I am not always in the field so when I am on the desktop (Windows) I love that I can open the software edit forms and preview what it will look like without having to use my tablet.

Cons

I would like to see more flexibility with the logo design, specifically I could not enlarge the logo. I would also like to see a mission or vision field that can be incorporated with the logo design.

Robert from Knights Circle

Changes the game for mobile data collection!

I found Forms on Fire about a year ago and it's had an unbelievable effect on our operations. I manage a large apartment community and collecting tons of in-field data is essential to what we do. FOF allowed us to create easy-to-use custom forms which streamlined our process and replaced paper entirely. We increased our billings for damage chargebacks by $30k this year due to the ease with which our Maintenance Techs could record the damages and select from pre-populated options - then the form emails a customer-ready PDF right to our Accounting Manager. It's brilliant. You absolutely can't find a better solution than FOF for all of your survey/data collection needs. I'm a raving fan.

Pros

Ease of use is phenomenal. The customization is really the powerful feature here - you can get exactly what you want, and nothing you don't. It's truly a game changer. Customer support is truly second to none and they know you by name. It's like dealing with a family company. Great experience.

Cons

Because the customization is so complete, it does take a little while to learn how to use it to its fullest. The learning curve is short, though, and once you make the investment of a couple of hours, you'll be enamored with the abilities.

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied December 2016

Wait till you see what we have planned for 2017 Rob!

Micah from RAD Inspections

Great Customer Service and pretty easy to use

It was a little difficult learning how to create my first form, but after talking with their support staff for an hour. I was able to build my custom form from scratch. I have since created many other custom forms on the same platform giving my business the leading edge over my competitors. thank you form on fire for a great software. Cheers

Pros

once the form is created its very user friendly for my employees to fill out in the field

Cons

its difficult to build the back end of the form. Especially if I want to add in some more in depth logic .

Very versatile and easy to use. Excellent customer support!

Ease of use as a designer and user. All of my users are very pleased with user experience. Great support team.

Pros

I have used forms on fire for several types of data collection with my team and have had a very positive experience as a form designer and user. The form builder is intuitive and easy to use and very easy to test. I love the fact that they have a windows app, especially when it comes to testing changes on my forms. Make a change, open window app, test and adjust. Anytime I hit a wall and I am not sure what to do, a few minutes spent on the support chat gets me what I need. Forms on fire is flexible, powerful and an economical way to collect the data my team needs from the field.

Cons

Forms on Fire has a very extensive knowledge base, that could be improved by the addition of some short videos that walk users through some of the more complicated tasks. The support information is all there, I just learn easier when I can see it in action.

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied April 2018

Hey, thanks again for your terrific review. We just launched a revised knowledge base and I think you're going to like it. Drop by support.formsonfire.com and let us know what you think.

Jamie from AUSblue Pty Ltd

Awesome!!!

We have gone completely paperless, which has saved time and money

Pros

I like the customisability of the software, if you can think of something you want, more than likely.... it can do it. Also their support is second to none

Cons

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied May 2019

We love having you as a client, Jamie. Thank you for the kind words.

Elizabeth from Sunshine Home Health Care

We have had a couple glitches mostly with time issues, but overall the product has worked well.

Ease of doing forms online in the field

Pros

Once you learn the program it is easy to use. The setup is easy to use with tablets in the field.

Cons

There is a learning curve on creating the forms. When there is an error in your form it is not always easy to trace back. I also think that the program is the most glitchy when I am creating a large form.

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied April 2018

Hello Elizabeth, thank you for your feedback. If you think there is ever a glitch, please send an immediate email to support@formsonfire.com. We are happy to help you. Also, for your large form, please reach out and we'll give you a complimentary 1 hour help on your large form.

Jim from Harmony Outdoor Brands

Forms on Fire App

Great and very useful app...I use FOF daily to record sales and service visits to customers... I rely on historical data to compile reoccurring reports and business updates. I use the app on my smart phone exclusively. I access product and customer data instantly and on the fly... Questions and concerns can be addressed on the spot with the app...saves tons of time and minimizes call backs.

Pros

Easy to use... Mobile, comprehensive data, paperless... Archive features...data retention. Shared data... Ability to update and modify data. Portable and photo link feature.

Cons

Occasional redundancy of data inputs...

Diana from Double Bubble Laundry Service

My business has become 100% more organized thanks to this app; I got exactly what I wanted for a much cheaper price than what others quoted me; the Forms on Fire staff are very friendly, caring and responsive.

Pros

It was customized specifically for my business through one on one consultations and design planning. The price was very affordable compared to the regular cost of developing and maintaining an app.

Cons

Look of the menus, etc could be updated to be a little more modern looking but it's not a big deal. Also more data sorting options can be added.

Reasons for Choosing Forms On Fire

Forms on Fire was a significantly cheaper option and I got exactly what I wanted without compromising.

Lance from Consumer Services

Handy but not dandy

Once tedious programming process is done. Application runs smooth and is reliable.

Pros

Designed for mobil devices. Low cost.

Cons

Programming process is ridiculously hard. Once you get a degree in computer programming things might run smoother. But if you have to make a change 6 months later. Go back to school because you would have forgotten all the coding.

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied April 2020

Hi Lance, Thank you for your honest review. We're always trying to balance the huge number of features that can be used with simplicity for design. If you reach out to our support group, we would like to offer you some assistance in any changes you make, and we want to provide your thanks for this review. We hope to hear from you soon! -Support

Blattner Energy Quality Systems Administrator

Pros

Easy to use for all levels of the business. Automatically send a PDF to your network drive when all approvals are completed. Works well on iPhone and Windows 10.

Cons

We should be able to select multiple data "Forms" when exporting data in Table View.

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied December 2018

Thank you for the review. This is an excellent idea! One thing to consider is designing the forms you want to export as a single form, using our data-driven capabilities. The other is to hold a data warehouse where the same table captures data from many or all of your forms. This is entirely possible to do if you utilize the JSON data type. Please set something up with your assigned program manager and they can review the details with you! :)

Stephen from Harmony Outdoor Brands

A great platform to put mobile data in the hands of your users

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at Forms on Fire helped us to build a mobile app to support all of our merchandising representatives visiting retail stores across the country. They have up-to-date store data at their fingertips as well as all the notes they took the last time they visited.

Pros

The platform provides the standard infrastructure along with incredible flexibility to build the app that your business needs.

Cons

I only wish I was able to spend the time learn how to do more of the programming myself.

Christopher from Novaquip Inc

Our experience with forms on fire has been nothing but positive right from the start.

We chose to move to electronic forms because our tech lost the occasional work order and this incurs costs for our company and we wanted to eliminate losses from that department. With forms on fire there is no reason to ever lose a form again.

Pros

Price: We're a small business so we didn't want to spend huge amounts of money on this solution and the folks at forms on fire have been able to give us everything we wanted at a very fair price. Work performed: The work they put in our forms was astounding and the effort to meet our deadlines was impressive ( we met the deadline btw). The end result is a very intuitive form that we're proud of showing off to our customers and that our employees love.

Cons

As far as I'm concerned there are no cons, you could argue that the software has a bit of a learning curve but I would argue back that any powerful ( feature packed) software has a steep learning curve.

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied April 2018

Thanks again Christopher for your review! Hope you're enjoying your app.

Kathy from TNC

Industry: Environmental Services

Easy for new field staff and no lost data

Excellent, this app has enabled us to spend more quality time in the field and less time in the office post processing our field visits. It has increased our accuracy and efficiency. Their customer service is second to none.

Pros

Ease of use - we were easily able to train our seasonal/temporary employees in using Forms on Fire. They love it, enables them to spend more time in the field and less on paperwork. No lost data.

Cons

Very occasionally we have a report that is lost in space, but it's the info. is recoverable from the FoF website.

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied December 2018

We appreciate Nature.org using our product and thank you for your review Kathy. Truly it is a blessing to have you join our cause.

Ronald from Laitram

Industry: Machinery

Forms on fire

Pros

I like that you have many features that can be incorporated in the style that you like.

Cons

Right now I can't enter a picture after it has been placed in the desktop. I would like that ability.

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied April 2020

Hello Ronald, Thank you for your review. This can easily be done with a workflow to your desktop from the field. Please contact our support group to evaluate the specific apps you would like to work as you describe. We would love to get you more value out of it! :)

Form Development With Good Sense!

Software allowed our company to create a custom application that is available off and on-line with a business process that follows are customer support commitment.

Pros

We need a Form data capture application that makes best of reusing data and keeping data integrity across form relations. We found Forms On Fire not only is best in logically relating/linking data sources to forms, but it is a developer platform that considers versioning and testing. Though I only have 7 days to build this app, (the last app was built in ZOHO Creator and after working on it for over a week found the data sub form to form relation constraints difficult to work around.) I actually feel like I can be successful in our very import task of providing Export Quotes at an Expo.

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied November 2018

Hey, thanks for the review. More and more clients are using our product at expos and trade shows because the WiFi is typically so hit or miss...and our product works offline!

Guy from Sprague Pest Solutions

Industry: Facilities Services

Excellent solution to complex form problems

Pros

Flexibility and extensiveness of the platform, and ability to use Word/Excel as the template for PDF outputs.

Cons

Competitors have put more time into the reporting capabilities (front end ability to view/slice data) as well as form calculation formula

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied April 2018

Thank you Guy. If you want more information about reporting ideas, schedule a product tour on our web site. Thanks for your loyalty, we love having you as a client!

Ron from IM

Industry: Facilities Services

Very versatile product. Can be configured to meet even very specific business needs.

We did a side-by-side comparison with Prontoforms before settling on Forms On Fire. Technically, both products could meet our needs but Forms On Fire was much more cost-effective because it's much easier to configure (DIY = no big customizing expenses), plus Forms On Fire's service (sales and support) is in a league of its own!! This is an excellent choice I would recommend to everyone!

Pros

Makes customization accessible to the masses, therefore reducing overall cost.

Cons

The software has amazing capabilities, but there doesn't seem to be a complete tutorial to guide you through a lot of the stuff I can't do. There are a number of basic video tutorials available but if you want to do anything beyond the most basic, there is a fairly steep learning curve.

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied January 2017

We add to our amazing video tutorials and to our knowledge base daily. Because we are also launching so many new features, this gets to be difficult but we are committed to not only the best support and guidance but also top flight documentation, tutorials and training. Thank you so much for your input Ron!

Mark from Parsons

Modern Forms Service Shines!

We have been testing Forms on Fire for a week, with the intent to purchase for a large project. The product is incredible, compared to others that I have worked with. The Designer is very intuitive, yet has advanced features such as data sources, filtering, formulas, and dynamic answers. Essentially, this service can create almost any form imaginable. Finally, the support team has been amazing. I submitted some tickets and then numerous follow-up questions. The response time was not only fast, but the answers were helpful, and to date, any problem I found has been solved. Suggestion for improvement is updating the Windows app to match the newer beta features released in the iOS app, but I understand this may happen in the near future.

Pros

Intuitive design interface and ability to use data sources across multiple forms.

Cons

Tough question, but perhaps the lack of the ability to connect directly to an SQL database (without the API) or publish fields directly to SharePoint.

Katie from SNS MANAGEMENT

Easy and quick to use!

This gives my company a quick, consistent paperwork and forms to give our resident's that way someone can have the form they need at a quick time! We also use this to schedule pest control for our residents and that seems to relay the information they need as well.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes I have to force sync to get what I want to pull up, but nothing too hard to do!

Sean from Sprague Pest Solutions

Industry: Public Safety

Love this product

Extremely pleased. Easy to use and to instruct new hires

Pros

Very easy to navigate. Format is easy to navigate

Cons

I have no issues with this program. It offers everything we need.

Michelle from Managing Food LLC

Industry: Restaurants

design and set up process made easy by good team

Pros

I like the ease with which my field reps can do their inspection reports. And its fairly easy to program the pages once I learned how. I've also been able to upload some reference materials that field reps can view and share with store owners and that is very convenient.

Cons

Data Entries Table View is cumbersome. I'd like to be able to sort the columns by relevance so I can see at a glance the info I need. Or it would be helpful if I could freeze pane so I can keep the left column stable while scrolling through the next 20 columns.

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied April 2018

Hello Michelle, thank you for the kind words and likelihood to recommend us. It looks like you could benefit greatly from one of our connectors and we have some ideas for you. If you schedule a product tour with us on the web site, we'd like to show you how you can do that. Thanks again!

Frank from Enigma Technologies

Great product, incredible support!

Pros

Creating forms using this product is very quick and easy. The forms can be customized to product great professional looking forms. I also love their support right from when I started out with the trial version. They're always there and very helpful.

Cons

Nothing at all. The software works as intended and produce great results. I'm impressed.

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied November 2018

Thank you Frank, and we're looking forward to seeing what you produce with the platform!

Rhiannon from Davidson Excavating

Amazing Software!!

Forms on Fire has saved our company so much time and made us highly efficient. It's so nice to work with people who are not only great at customer service but know their own software fowards and backwards!

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied April 2018

Hey, thanks again for your review. Hope you have found some terrific improvements for your business.

Jason from Campus Life and Style

Absolutely Love Forms On Fire

I work in student housing and every year about half of the residents move out all on the same day and we have to inspect every unit for damages in 1 day. Before we started using Forms On Fire we would be working until 2 or 3 in the morning doing everything on paper. Now we inspect every unit and are done by 5 pm. Cut the time in half.

Pros

How easy it was to use it and loved building my own app for our needs.

Cons

I can not think of any cons with Forms on Fire.

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied March 2020

Many thanks Jason! Let us know how else we can help you.

Great app for getting feedback as forms

Pros

- The software is packed with lots of features so that I can get almost any type of data from the user - The elements that can be used in the doc is extensive, and I can build great richer forms

Cons

- There is not freemium model and the pricing seems to high - The knowledge base provides tutorial for the basic level of data. But we need to figure out on out own for more advanced features. - Lots of bugs in the features

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied February 2019

Please be sure to sign up for our free training class by sending an email to engage@formsonfire.com. Also, we encourage you to ask support@formsonfire.com about any potential bugs you may be seeing. We pride ourselves on quality software and we would like to understand what you're seeing in this area as soon as possible. Thank you,

Jeremy from Kozliks Canadian Mustard

Finding it difficult to get setup

Pros

Seems simple to use once it is setup. Customer service is pleasant but the email help is obtuse. Simple terminology would be more helpful.

Cons

Difficult to get started. The help emails are designed for computer geeks. They assume that lay people understand the terms used.

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied April 2018

Hi Jeremy, thank you for the honest feedback. Apologies to you for all the techno-speak. Please send an email to support@formsonfire.com to schedule a complimentary 1 hour session with a platform specialist. We'll help you get things moving along. Oh, you may want to also check out our brand new knowledge base on https://support.formsonfire.com. It may be a bit more user friendly. P.S. The team ordered a six pack of your mustards and we thoroughly enjoyed your product, truly you make the best mustards in the world!

Andrew from SNS Management

Sophisticated yet Simple

I use Forms on Fire to make every day operations of my business more efficient and organized. Linking forms to connectors such as dropbox allowed us to quickly and easily access information in one space. Building forms is fairly simple, but I have gotten stuck a time or two. They have great customer service to help you through these kinks as well.

Pros

Very efficient and simple to learn and apply to operations.

Cons

The software does not really support repeating tables within repeating pages. Hopefully this can be corrected with time. I believe this would be a very strong feature.

Mike from The University of Maine

Love me some Forms On Fire.

Quick, accurate development, easy to install and use, attentive support makes a mighty nice package!

Pros

Does exactly what we want.

Cons

Nothing. I can find nothing to criticize.

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied April 2018

Mike, wait till you see what is planned for this year.

Lachlan from Lachlan Dickson Consulting Pty Ltd

Excellent Choice for Mobile Application Development

We are using Forms on Fire to digitise engineering inspection processes in the rail industry.

Pros

- Lots of options for form field types - Lots of flexibility with integrations to other systems and external data connections (G drive etc) - Great usage of offline data storage and gps tracking - Designed in such a way that lots of simple building blocks can be used to create quite sophisticated data entry applications. - Support is great and ver

Cons

- Support is mostly centred around US timezones (we are Australian)

Victoria from Asset

Lifesaver for our line of work

Lifesaver for what we need.

Pros

I like the pdf that is automatically generated when a user completes a form. It adds a timestamp and geographical location and can easily be emailed to our clients.

Cons

When there are technical difficulties, it's really hard to get in touch with support.

Response from Forms On Fire

Replied April 2020

Hi Victoria, Thanks for your honest feedback. Support is available weekdays and you can always call us on +1 425.214.1920 or you can email our support at forms on fire dot com. We hope to hear from you soon!

Mark from Bentley Instruments, Inc

Industry: Dairy

A+ service and customization

Pros

The support from the Forms On Fire team to help find a way to mold their product to fit with our company processes.

Cons

Some solutions could only be accomplished by feeding data through Google sheets, but the compatibility with these outside integrations has been fantastic.

Reasons for Choosing Forms On Fire

I had worked with forms on fire while with another company and had witnessed it's intuitive platform used by people, not good with electronics, with minimal problems. If they can do it, then I'm positive the folks here can figure it out too.