(6,477)

(2,335)

2,335

Browse Google Forms Reviews

Faisal Faruque from FFR

Data Collection Is Now Easier Than Ever With Google Forms!

For my digital marketing agency, I have to collect data from the audiences. So, I was looking for a solution that will let me do that without going through a steep learning curve. Then I found Google Forms which is completely free. But that doesn't make it inferior to other form builders. It is quite capable with all the necessary features. Besides, the forms are responsive and it loads fast on any kind of network connection. I am quite impressed with the overall experience.

Pros

The user-friendly interface is the key feature of Google Forms. No matter what your background is, you can create beautiful forms with this tool. You can master this tool within a couple of hours. Also, it offers a bunch of features completely free of cost. I know that there are some other tools that offer more flexibility in terms of layout and design. But those are too costly and Google Forms is enough for most users out there. Also, it integrates nicely with other Google services such as Drive, Sheets, etc so that you can keep all your collected data organized.

Cons

Nothing is perfect in this world. But I must say that Google Forms is nearly perfect with all the necessary features. If this tool had the feature of updating records that would be great. Also, I don't really like the plain design of the forms.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

I was thinking of going with the Typeform which is another popular form builder tool. Also, Typeform offers more customization than Google Forms. But later found out that it is more complex to build even a single form. Also, the Typeform-made forms are heavy and they load slowly on mobile devices. Hence considering these facts I decided to go with Google Forms.

Gibran Khalil from Title One Management

December 2021

Google Forms works amazingly well and its FREE!

So far, so good. We are really happy with this program. We love the fact that its FREE in comparison to other form softwares we have seen. And it offers great quality, design and work structure.

Pros

We use Google Forms in our business in a daily fashion since we are collecting data all the time. We have a number of forms already online and working around the clock. So far, not a single form has stopped working or thrown an error. The forms are easily customizable, with basic but working designs. And the data can easily be checked while in Google Drive, as you can set it up in a way that it can store all answers on a Google Sheet. Its really amazin and practic.

Cons

It has few options regarding the end results of the form. For example, it would be great if you could autofill a .pdf based on the form's answers. Also, on the design front, it has really basic stuff that could be updated to a more marketing-wise catalog. Updated colors, background options, etc.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

It was a Free option and we already had the whole Google Workplace.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

We needed to cut down some costs and we found out that we could do it as part of our Google Workplace. Which also gave us the ability to share it with team members and have everything stored in our drive.

Ho'omana Nathan from Oklahoma State University

Google Forms is great if you don't need too much security or too many advanced features

Overall, Google Forms is the first product I try to use when I need to collect some information, whether it's for research, determining satisfaction, etc. It's the first product I recommend to students who want to collect survey data. It doesn't do everything, but for most basic data collection needs, it's the simplest, freest way to go.

Pros

Google Forms is super simple to use. It's easy to create, it's easy to distribute, it's easy to share, it's easy to collect results from. I can throw together a quality survey in under an hour and have it out with results back in another hour. The fact that you can export results to Google Sheets automatically is a huge help as well.

Cons

It's lacking some of the more advanced features that one might need for more complex data collection (e.g. flows of questions, anonymization of data, etc.). But this isn't an advertised feature, so that's okay as long as you know the limitations.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

As I mentioned, Google Forms is free (my university has a license for Qualtrics, but it takes some work to get access). It's also easy to collaborate on a survey with others, and to get and share results. Qualtrics can do all this and more of course, but it's designed to do a lot more than I usually need.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

I still use Qualtrics for more advanced stuff, or things where I need respondent data to be super secure and anonymous, but for most things, Google Form does the trick and it's free and simple.

Nisha from Self employed

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Poor

Overall, poor customer service. It isn't very user friendly

Pros

Price is less. It can be used anywhere and on any website. You get the results by email

Cons

Cumbersome to use. User interface is very primitive. It isn't easily customizable

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Ease of integration with other Google products

Courtney from Fiction-Atlas Press

Industry: Publishing

A multi-functional marvel from Google!

I run an author services business and am an author and publisher myself, so I use Google Forms for a multitude of tasks! Order forms, surveys, blog tours, newsletter swaps, and sometimes even to quickly gather contact information for charity events and auctions! I would not be able to handle so many tasks as efficiently as I do without the help of Forms!

Pros

I love the flexibility of Google Forms. You can use a form for a variety of different data collecting tasks. Sign-ups for an event or newsletter, order forms for goods and services, surveys that let you know what your audience is feeling or what they would like to see. The possibilities really are endless! I also really find the graphs and metrics very helpful. I think the top reason I love Google Forms is that the data is so easily converted to Google Sheets which makes my life so much easier! Plus, it can be accessed anywhere!

Cons

There are a few aspects of Forms that could be improved upon. I know lots of times my clients complain about forms closing before they can submit if the user clicks any links inside the form. That can be very frustrating and lead to people signing up twice, or not having their information recorded at all. I would also love a place to set a social media share image so when the form is shared, more information about the form can be conveyed. The current social share image is hit or miss and can have trouble refreshing if you make changes. And lastly, I'd love a larger banner image at the top! It's hard to find images that work for such a wide and narrow dimension.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

I love the fact that all things Google work together and I can access them from anywhere! My phone, my laptop, my iMac, or even my dad's computer or a hotel computer if I need to! That versatility and the way Forms works with all other Google products sealed the deal for me!

Whit from Kansas City Art Institute

A not-perfect-but-good-enough-and-free form builder

We use Google forms for anything that requires that we capture multiple fields of data. We use it for travel abroad applications, updating personal information, surveys and exhibition submissions. We typically embed the forms on our website and they look rather nice. We set up notifications to the appropriate collaborators so that they can be notified when the form is filled out.

Pros

Google Forms is our go-to for form building, even as an institution of higher education. We are a Google school and use the G-Suite for email, file storage, word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations so it is natural that Google Forms fits into the workflow. The forms are really easy to set up with many different question types to choose from to build your form. The data loads directly to a Google Sheet which makes it easy to sort and review. Files that are submitted through the forms are also stored in Google Drive and access to these files can be limited.

Cons

There is not a lot of flexibility in the look and feel of a Google Form. We embed a lot of forms on our website and our internally facing intranet. They all look like Google Forms. They are not ugly but they are also not beautiful.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Google Forms are free and do nearly everything that Jotforms does.

Google forms is cheaper.

Tiffany from GFP

Industry: Photography

Google Forms - The Business-saving forms

We love Google Forms. We started using forms in the beginning stages of our business and we’re still using them because other avenues have failed or proved to be way too complicated for the tasks that Google Forms make a breeze.

Pros

These forms are so easy to create and their so helpful. We have attempted to create forms with some of the CRMs we’ve tried they have never met the ease nor functionality that Google Forms exude.

Cons

I have no complaints about forms except that it’s hard to collaborate if you’re not signed into the original creator’s email address on your phone, you either have to go to Google and switch accounts or wait until you get to a computer.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Google Forms has the best features for forms, hands down. Their easy form builder gets the job done quickly and professionally.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

We still use 17Hats as a CRM and Mailchimp for list management but not so much for forms. Google Forms is still way easier to create and use quickly; we can also add pictures to specific questions which is an uncommon feature for other form builders.

Google Form Review

Overall experience is great, it does what it is supposed to and I can easily embedded the form on to any website.

Pros

It is easy to use and I can quickly build a survey or test in matter of minutes.

Cons

The software does have one limitation is that it does not allow much design customization.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Because it is free to use and I can received an unlimited amount of email in a very easy to manage spreadsheet.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

It is free to use and do not have an amount of message that can be received per month.

Molly from Church Marketing University

Google Forms help us collect customer requests

Pros

We are using Google Forms to allow customers to submit service requests. They have access to a form (which we were able to customize) and it streamlines our data collection.

Cons

Natively inside of Google Forms, there is no way to email a copy of the customer's responses to a team member. However, there is an easy plugin to use to make this happen. It would be great if this was a native feature. Also, since we are using this on a business Google Workspace account, it defaults to be private to our users. You have to manually make the form public, which is annoying and has caused issues.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Google forms was the most affordable (free) and easy to use

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Keap was much more complex to try to solve the same issue, so we went with Google Forms

Jonathan from Freedom Nutrition Coaching

December 2021

Simply the best free option on the planet

I've used it for 5+ years and never had an issue with it, except for the major Google outage back that happened a couple of years ago. It's simply unbeatable in terms of being free and the functionality it offers.

Pros

Google forms is hands down the easiest form builder to use, as a free option. Drag and drop, all the variety of question types I need, it's also very user friendly.

Cons

It took some manual effort to bring some variety into the text, and add in some emojis to make the form experience more fun for my clients. There's definitely other (paid) form builders out there that have more functionality and integration options. I would like there to be more customization options in terms of appearance, but I've certainly been able to make it work as I need to.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

It has all the functionality I need and it's free.

Md Mahbub from Virtunus Inc

The best free online form management system, access from any device, anywhere!

Overall, I had a positive experience with Google Forms. It was easy to use and it is very customizable for any type of business or organization. The key benefit that I saw from using Google Forms was the ease of collecting data. I also liked how it can be used on any device or platform without any additional software needed to be installed, which makes it convenient for users who are always on the go and don't have time to download and install the software. I would highly recommend this tool to anyone who needs an online form for their business or organization.

Pros

What I liked most about Google Form is that it is very easy to use and understand. I also liked the fact that it is very simple, there are no additional settings to be adjusted for this type of form. This was my favorite thing about the form because it made my life easier when I was able to create a simple survey with just a few clicks. I just love it than any other tool that provides similar features.

Cons

I did not like the fact that there were no comments on the form after people had completed it. Otherwise, there's no complaint I have regarding google Forms.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

I chose Google Forms because it was the most user-friendly tool available. It is easy to use and offers a variety of features that other forms don't have. Another reason why I chose Google Forms is because it is very inexpensive compared to other options such as Survey Monkey or Typeform.

Awesome way to collect information from customers

Pros

It is super easy to set up and implement.

Cons

The only thing that wasn't available with credit card collection for one of my clients. I think an encrypted, safe version with this option would be nice, even if it included a charge to use

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Price point and the ability to customize how we needed to

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

It was difficult to include a lot op options and make the forms as custom as we needed to.

Google Forms- The best and easiest data collection app

Probably the polling/surveying tool available. And it's free so I would strongly recommend it. It's so easy to use and you don't need any experience to know how to use it which is so important when conducting surveys as you need to consider multiple demographics such as senior citizens and 50+ year olds who may not be the most technologically literate. Surveying requires us to have something very simple to use so these groups are able to fill it out with ease and GOOGLE Forms is perfect for this.

Pros

-Very easy to use and requires little to no training. -Very customizable -Easy GUI for users and creators -Good at managing data

Cons

-Can possibly have more features -Cannot use large amounts of data

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Survey Monkey is for larger amounts of data. We didn't need something that powerful. Maybe in the future we can switch

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Strawpoll was very limited in its features. It's onlygood for the absolute basics of polling/surveying. Like a basic multiple choice poll. We needed more features and Google Forms is so easy to use and easily integratable with users who already use google products.

Kevin from Vikel Limited

Google Survey Form

Consumers feedback on product knowledge. Surveys have assisted me to get proper feedback from my consumer on brand quality etc. Also helped in lead generation process.

Pros

Accessibility is easy, you only need a Google account.No need for 3page signup process,free to use also.

Cons

We can have, moderaters or reviewers who are limited to the roles of an admin.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Mailchimp surveys emails go to promotion section of Gmail, some companies dont usually see them because they are listed as spam. Surveys respondents are saved on my Google and I even receive a notification each time there is a response.

Tara from OHAC

Google Forms is an easy way to get answers quickly

Google Forms is the quickest and most cost-efficient way we have found to gain feedback from our stakeholders. It allows us to send monthly surveys to see how we're doing. We use the responses to grow and keep meeting the needs of others without spending any money.

Pros

Google Forms is free. It's a basic survey format but it's FREE. The design features are simple and incredibly easy to use. There appears to be an unlimited number of questions and answers at NO COST. Other platforms' free options limit the number of questions that can be sent. Google Forms stores responses to be analyzed and even stores email addresses. The fact that Google Forms seamlessly integrates with Google Spreadsheets is a huge time saver.

Cons

While Google Forms is customizable, the ability to truly customize the forms is limited. Many of our form recipients have reported that they need a gmail address to log into the form.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

We switched to Google Forms from SurveyMonkey because of the cost and the ease of use of the platform.

Michael from Productive Business Solutions

Form Building Made Easy

I have been using Form in several capacities and it works well for us. From Marketing, HR, Sales, etc. all with a focus on data collection. As we use the Google product suite company wide, it used for day to day data collection to inclusion in our project management process, to user feedback internally and externally on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis. The simplicity in being able to create a form quickly and send it out, make it simple for both me and colleges to use to use this tool to get the task done in a timely manner and gather the data needed for effective data collection, collation, analysis and decision making.

Pros

Using Google Form is very simple to setup, use and gather data for analysis from. Either alone or as part of the Google suite, Forms makes it simple to ask for and collect data and to follow a logical path to getting the information that you will need from a user/customer. Also the ability to work together ensures that collaboration is possible in creation and design, execution of the data collection and the analysis of the data captured.

Cons

Some additional templated for design and additional customization options would improve this product and the users experience. As this product is used for data collection, other existing products are more feature rich as compared to Forms. Some basic functionality does exist and is usable but to garner the best user experience it is possible to make Forms better or to choose an alternative product that is more feature rich.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

It fits our companies requirements, has a low cost and comes as part of the G suite, so it was easy to make this the default for our data collection needs.

Farrah-Marie from University of Hawaii at Hilo

Developing forms and surveys to collect data easily and quickly

All the way around, Google Forms has assisted us with achieving higher levels of efficiency in our internal operations. We can't speak enough about how Google Forms has made it easier to collect large amounts of information in short periods of time and with a product that is both easy to set up and use.

Pros

On the front end, it's very easy to create a new form or survey from scratch. Sending out the form once it's ready to go is easy. We usually share the link if it's going out to a lot of recipients. When it's going to a small group of recipients, we find the email option very convenient. Perhaps the most useful feature of Google Forms is how easily it integrates with Google Sheets. With the click of a button, we can export all form responses into a Google Sheet that is easy to share further and manipulate as needed. Once in Google Sheet format, we use Notification Rules to let us know when new responses come in so we can update our reports as necessary. This has been a real game changer for us!

Cons

If we don't remember to copy a form before making adjustments to it, the old version is gone. Unlike other Google tools, we haven't found a way to go back to a prior version so we just have to be extra careful to make a copy before we start editing any existing forms. Maybe there is a way and we just haven't found it yet.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Google Form integrates well with Google Sheets and both are a part of the entire Google Suite, so that made the most sense for us.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Our institution purchased Google Suite, so using one platform made more sense that trying to maintain multiple products across different departments.

Tina from Fantasybooksland

Industry: Publishing

Basic, Fast, and Useful

I really like Google Forms because it's easy, intuitive, and very handy. I have also completed Google Forms myself, and although it may not have a very professional look, it accomplishes its goal well. It can also be used for quizzes, but I have not used that option.

Pros

I like that it's super easy to create a form. As long as you have a Gmail account, you can create as many forms as you want and collect feedback from your customers, or email subscribers, in my case. You can access Google Forms, on your desktop, either from your Gmail inbox dashboard or from your Google Drive account. For mobile, you can access your forms and edit them from the Drive app, but so far I haven't seen that you can create a new form entirely from your Drive app. So I think it's best suited for desktop use. The simplicity and somewhat limited format of the forms is both a plus and a minus. It's a plus because it makes you not waste time with too many customizations, and it's a minus because sometimes you do need a bit more customization - I'll talk about this more in the Cons section. The best part is the large array of questions that require different types of answers. You can add: - long- or short-answer type of questions. - multiple choice, dropdown, checkboxes - date, time - linear scale and grid, or even upload a document - so the surveyed people can upload a doc if they have a Google account, too. You can also use Google Forms to collect email addresses, but you can't connect it to some email automatization software. So you will have to manually export the email addresses and import them into your email marketing software. There is an option to limit the number of responses to one for each respondent who has a Gmail account.

Cons

The customization is too limited in some aspects. For example, I really wish they would add the option to increase the size of the font for the description field. And also sometimes I want to customize the confirmation page the respondents get to see after they complete the survey. So far, you can only modify the text, and that's also limited to just one paragraph.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

I needed to create some simple survey, and SurveyMonkey seemed a bit complicated for me, not to mention the limitations they have for a free account. Google Forms is completely free.

Sharma from Techstax

Amazing public form creation tool

My overall experience with Google forms is balanced not so good, not so bad. But I am impressed with its quiz feature with can help to convert your google form into live quiz with point system. Still there are many improvement needed in it.

Pros

What I most like about Google forms is it's simple UI. It's form creation process is very quick and easy. It also provides vast amount of form templates for different events like Event registration, Party invite, Session RSVP and many more. There are some features which you don't find in other form applications like you can make a Google form a quiz and apply point system in your form, dividing forms in sections, different visualizations for collected data. Also this forms can also be used for taking online exams.

Cons

Google forms gives you lot's of features but there are many factors which affects its positive experience. Most important one is handling higher traffic, Google forms are very bad at handling higher submission traffic. Let me give you one example, Suppose there is an event happening all over India and participants responses are to be collected by google forms, then it will be not a perfect choice because due to higher traffic form immediately crashes. I also want to request to the google forms team to create a mobile application for forms so it would be much easier to create and send forms to specific target audience.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Typeform's UI is little bit hard for beginners compare to Google Forms. One more thing that Typeform takes some time to create form and make it for the public. In Google forms the process is very quick and easy.

Works every time!

I've used the forms on many of my websites as well as sending a direct link to the form, which helps with social media and other platforms. The reliability of the Google Forms is unparalleled. I've had many issues with other plugins and form providers with the actual email delivery of form submissions, but with Google Forms I have never had an issue receiving the forms via email. Using Google Forms is a perfect way to gather information from those you need it. You build the form, you share the form, you will receive the submissions via email. Great product.

Pros

I like that the forms work right out of the box. With many products I have used I have experienced delivery issues and form submission gathering issues. I have never had an issue with either when using Google Forms. Building the form is very intuitive and quick, especially after you build a few and get used to the setup. The form building process guides you through nice process to keep mistakes away. You can place your form on your website or send out via link and this is very useful.

Cons

The only issue I have found is with submissions and going through them. They can "stack up" and become difficult to wade through for the correct submission. Custom design of the form isn't allowed and this is the biggest weakness currently.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

I needed a more reliable form that would get past the form submission email blocks that I was experiencing. There are ways to get around the delivery issue, but it takes some time to setup and I didn't want to spend that time on email delivery, I just wanted a working form. Google supplied this.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Contact Form had issues after form submission with delivering submission via email. I used work arounds to get it to work, but took more of my time to set up. I needed something that would work straight out of the box every time without issue.

yoshida from selfemployd

Google Forms review

Obviously, it very well may be utilized for the general population, however more often than not, it is utilized to set a primary topic for the conceptualizing stage in the organization and afterward to examine the assessments of the things that are partitioned from that point. As of not long ago, surveys for clients were sent uniquely to those brought together by the organization, yet since it was conceivable to handily make polls without anyone else utilizing Google Forms, singular surveys were shipped off clients. I had the option to willfully send every one of the surveys and use them for hearings. The info structure can be arranged rapidly, and in light of the fact that it is straightforward, there is no compelling reason to disclose how to utilize it to the client, and the got substance, for example, poll answers and orders can be consequently put away in the accounting page. Hence, the time in the post-interaction will be abbreviated. No posting required. Diagramming of aggregated information is additionally programmed. It has gotten conceivable to perform even straightforward examination, and it has gotten conceivable to abbreviate the time from data assortment to yield.

Pros

In the event that you have a Google account, you can make a profoundly utilitarian web review structure for nothing. Not just that, the outcome of the outcome is that brilliant pie diagrams and so on are naturally created, it very well may be traded to a bookkeeping page, top notch materials are done on the spot, and it is not difficult to share. Since it is feasible to make and total the aftereffects of surveys on the web, it is an essential apparatus for online workshops. On the off chance that you know the URL of the frame and have a Google account, you can transfer photographs from the structure and naturally put them in Google Drive. You can likewise in a split second offer the drive URL with any individual who knows it. I think it is acceptable that the activity is natural, you can without much of a stretch make polls, and surprisingly subsequent to making it, you can undoubtedly impart it to individuals inside and outside the organization.

Cons

While I comprehend that it is a straightforward situation, there is no issue regardless of whether there are discretionary progressed capacities, so I might want to anticipate additionally progressed capacities. Notwithstanding, there are times when it is hard to comprehend when setting (like inside and outer public settings), so it is exceptionally helpful on the off chance that you have a manual. Regardless of whether you don't have a Google account, in the event that you know the URL, kindly improve it so you can transfer documents, for example, photographs. (Organization that can be chosen in the settings in the structure) Essentially, I regularly utilize a fundamental plan, yet I additionally use it to take easygoing surveys in-house, so I'd be glad if there was somewhat more scope of plan. It is ideal to have the option to utilize a similar location book as Gmail when conveying to different beneficiaries. Regardless of whether you make a mailing list with Gmail, you can't utilize it, which makes the location input work convoluted.

Christine from Stand Out 4 Mental Health

The best software for data collection

We offer telecounseling and in-person counseling as Stand Out 4 Mental Health. Through Google Forms, we have been able to reach out to our clientele through our social media platforms, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Furthermore, clients are able to provide their contact information, which we can use to reach out for those in crisis. Through the survey-builder, we are able to collect feedback from our clients on a daily basis after the sessions, which keeps us on check at all times.

Pros

What I liked most about the software is that the form is easy to create and design. Additionally, I loved the drag and drop feature that allowed me to arrange the questions in a particular sequence. Moreover, the collaborating tools have enabled us to share important documents among departments which has enabled information to reach in a timely manner. The responses collected are recorded in a spreadsheet which can be manipulated in various ways such as making comparisons and highlighting differences in the data collected. The survey builder has assisted us in collecting feedback from our clientele, which has enabled us to know which areas to improve on for overall performance.

Cons

Due to the large amount of data that we handle daily, I would appreciate if the data collected could be stored on cloud storage instead of a downloadable .CSV file since the future is remote and virtual. Since most of our services are virtual, this will help in sharing of information across the cloud. Another feature that needs improvement is introducing sections for questions, especially when the survey involves quite a number of questions, this will help in improving the logical flow of questions and allow for more questions to be included on the form.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Due to the pricing plans, it was limiting the amount of forms we were sending out per day.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

The design was not as appealing as Google forms. Google forms is inexpensive and the design is easier.

A simple yet effective alternative to in-person surveys

A very simple, easy to deploy and use survey platform that eases all the pain points of businesses needing customer responses. The user interface and experience is as intuitive and engaging as it can get. The responses can be analysed with the help of charts and graphs, which can be downloaded for offline analysis or printing. A great time saver!

Pros

The most incredible aspect of Google Forms is its ease of deployment - takes very little effort to create, share surveys and analyse the responses, which has been a lot easier and intuitive using graphs and charts instead of raw empirical numbers. The fact that the interface is not saturated with features makes it less tiring to create large surveys for mass response collection.

Cons

It would be a great feature addition if the responses could be exported to Google sheets on the cloud and not just a downloadable .CSV file since most remote teams are migrating from on-site to cloud. One other improvement that could be made is introducing sections for questions, which will come in handy when there are a large number of survey questions - this section feature will help the logical flow of questions.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

SurveyMonkey wasn't as inexpensive nor simple to deploy & use.

Muhammad Zubair from Emaxis Online

Industry: Computer Hardware

Google Forms - A Simple and Smart Data Collection Tool

Our team uses Google Forms to create various types of data entry forms, quizzes, and surveys for our clients, who mainly look for a simple and less expensive solution for data collection.

Pros

- Google Forms has a comprehensive interface to create any sort of form within a very short time. - It comes with enhanced security and additional features when signed up with Google Workspace. - It is quite convenient to review real-time responses and information once the form is delivered to desired recipients. - There is a 'Preview' option to generate a preview and check the functionality of the data fields before further distribution to recipients. - The data collected through forms can easily be exported into a spreadsheet format and shared across the organization smoothly.

Cons

- The look and feel of the embedded forms in a website seem so generic, anyone can recognize that the forms are created with Google Forms. - There are very few or limited options to customize the forms in order to enhance the form design. - There are only four font styles, and no option to resize the fonts.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

We wanted to come up with something simple and budget friendly options for our customers.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Most of our customers are social media influencers and educational institutes, many of them are budget conscious, therefore we included Google Forms into our productivity pool to provide cheap services to our clients.

Jace from AMZ Importers, LLC

Virtually Unlimited Usefullness

Overall, we have transitioned from Microsoft Office to Google Forms. We are able to share these forms with our clients and it has worked wonders!

Pros

We absolutely love that the forms update and save immediately. This prevents loss of data. And the fact that the are incredibly similar to Microsoft Office, which I am trained on, the transition has been seemless.

Cons

I wish formatting was easier. There are times that I "think" I have everything set up and formatted correctly, but then when I print it, the formatting is off.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Ease of transition and price point and ease of use

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Ease of transition and price point

Michele from Keller Williams Realty

Used for Tracking Team Metrics

Overall experience with Google Forms has been pleasant. Its quick to create a new form, easy to check for responses, and user friendly.

Pros

We use Google to run our business, so it is nice how easily I can integrate Forms into other pages we use, like Google Sites that we use for our team portal. Our team members daily go to Google Sites to submit their metrics, feedback, and requests on team portal. I like that team metrics then populate into a Google Sheet that I can use to analyze trends and use in one on one meetings.

Cons

It's not as customizable as I would like. I use it for team metric tracking. I wish at the start team members would be able to select their name and it would then give a custom set of questions. As for the consumer side, we don't use Google Forms in our business to collect information, it doesn't look as professional as other sites like JotForm does.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

We still use JotForm when we need to collect information from consumers. However, switched to Google Forms because it is the only one that we're able to sync into team portal through Google Sites.

Bassam from freelancer.com

Google Forms helped many Crypto investment projects

my experience with google forms started when I started crypto investment, there are different crypto projects out there each project comes through a phase that requires advertising for the new project, some projects are for announcing new Crypto coins ... they call it Airdrops .... they distribute free coins to each participant who signs up for the project and they can purchase as they like. I registered for over 32 new coins project like Minereum, coinstelegram , spheroid, .... and others, I registered for that many projects because they are good investments and I made good money from those projects, when I read about a new Airdrop or new coin project and I want to register....  the registration steps were so simple and made by Google Forms it takes no technical knowledge, all I need to do is complete the registration form, that form is straight forward not so many steps not so many pages to complete the registration,  each form I complete I get a copy from it sent to my Gmail account, I can access the form and edit any information if I want. Google Forms helped me and those investment projects to make money , and that's why so many projects and surveys are done using Google forms because they trust Google products

Pros

Pricing: Google Forms is Free to use  Features: -simple and easy: it is a newbie-friendly platform anyone without prior knowledge can create a form  and share it and collect results  -it has a good graphical design, I can add pictures, change colors, I can make sections  - Easy to export the form and share it online using Spreadsheet and Gmail - Google forms have different form models for your needs if you want to make a survey you can make a Polls model and ask the users about their options, also you can choose a multiple-choice form, you can choose text boxes if you want to make a registration forum for users to enter their info - Easy integration to Google Drive  -Companies use Google Form to make surveys about their products, Universities use Google Forms To make tests and short quizzes for their students and Crypto Projects use Google Form to make the maximum sales for their Coins

Cons

-we have a limited choice of templates -our info like my E-mail account and my name are exposed online for anyone to see if the form is exported to spreadsheets and shared online

Madalyn from Beaverton Foursquare Church

Easy to set up, but not as intuitive as I had hoped

I would use it again for some things, or if I was in a pinch, but I'll be looking for a more robust solution long-term.

Pros

First of all, it's free to use with a Google Suite account. We used it because we already had Google Suite and needed to put a system for forms together rather quickly. The process for building the initial forms was easy enough. Google forms readily recognize the type of responses that would match the question you are asking (paragraph, multiple choice, etc.). This sped up the process of constructing the form itself. I also like that the responses are automatically deposited into a Google sheets spreadsheet where I can revisit results.

Cons

Several people have told me that they clicked "submit" and yet I have no record of their submission. Also, there's nowhere that shows when the form was sent and to whom. I wish there was a record of messages sent from the form. Also, when you send the form so that it shows in the email, and the recipient fills it out in their email, it opens a new browser tab where they have to click "submit" a second time for it to actually go through. There's not a lot of built-in data sorting tools to visualize, sort, and filter results.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

We didn't have time to research other options.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Rock was expensive. Our organization moved away from it and is moving to other platforms.

Anthony from Explora Science Center

Great for simple survey creation and deployment

We use forms for program registration and basic surveying. For these purposes Google Forms has been great. It’s a bit frustrating to not be able to easily create a confirmation email, but it hasn’t been a huge detriment. The analysis portion (“Responses”) leaves a lot to be desired, so I export responses to a google sheet every time. Otherwise it’s a nice addition to Google Drive.

Pros

Google forms are a simple and yet robust survey creation tool. There are lots of different question types, you can create sections, and there are even conditionals that will show different questions based on how participants respond. Diving a little deeper users can implement formulas to further customize questions (like including word counts). Analysis is a bit on the basic side, but you can choose to export to Google Sheets which allows you to manually analyze your data. In addition, you can add tools from the Google Drive store to further expand on the capabilities of Forms (and other Drive tools). Finally, deploying the form is easy, as is adding collaborators. The basic features of forms doesn’t include the ability to send confirmation emails, but users can add a confirmation message at the end of the survey.

Cons

Google Forms are great for simple questionnaires, but if you are a researcher or need more in-depth features, you’ll find Forms to be lacking. The analysis features leave a lot to be desired. Written responses are hard to compare because of formatting. Numerical responses only display a graph which is fine for a quick visual trend, but can’t be exported or customized in any way.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Access to the tool and cost. Also didn’t need some of the advanced features of Survey Monkey at this time.

Easy way to create a form

In my working place I have been using this tool for surveys and event handlings. When I wanted to organize an event and get know more about participants' preferences I use google forum since it is easy to manage and work with.

Pros

I used to use this tool for survey purposes and event handlings and this tool helped me in both scenarios very well.

Cons

I don't like the limitation of questions that can be added and the user experience. Especially the colors of the interfaces are bit annoying me.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

I had a some pricing issues with forms.app application and they limit the number of forms that can be signed according to the version we choose.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Since this is free from google

John from Vincere Labs

Best Way To Quiz Or Survey Your Employees!

Overall, Google Forms is the best product when it comes to integrating surveys and quizzes regarding topics that I need to test my employees knowledge.

Pros

The feature that I like most about Google Forms is the ability to customize the appearance of the forms with different colors, images, and the ability to make text or mathematics digital (with the use of Equatio).

Cons

The ability to convert between Microsoft Word documents and Google Docs to Google Forms needs to be made easier.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Google Forms is better than alternative products because the surveys can be stored in Google Drive (which is easier for me to access since my team and I already use Google Drive for storing all of our files).

Google Forms is free.

Jillian from Bishop England High School

Collect info easily!

Forms has helped me gather information so much more quickly than email or other options. I use it all the time and will continue to do so. I love the spreadsheets that I can make with it. A few weeks a colleague who was arranging lunch for our workplace emailed us asking for our lunch preferences. Another colleague quickly created a Google Form that would allow her to not only collect our lunch preferences, but in a very organized way. The first colleague was amazed and said she's been using Google Forms ever since. It has saved us so much time at work!

Pros

I use this very frequently at work, both to make and take surveys. Questions can be organized into sections. Questions can be multiple choice, short answer, long answer, or other formats. I can move questions around if I decide later to change the order. I can choose a theme to make it aesthetically pleasing for the person taking it. I can easily view responses one at a time, by question, or in a spreadsheet. I can decide to make certain questions required. I can easily email the form or post a link.

Cons

There is one thing that I wish Forms could do. Often, I use Forms to find out which committee each member wants to be on. I can create a question with choices that they click on, and they can click on as many or few as they want. But if people click on more than one option, I can't organize the responses by individual option. All answers go in the same cell in Excel. So for example, maybe my options are Mardi Gras, trivia contest, and service project. Some members choose just Mardi Gras, some might choose Mardi Gras & trivia, and some might choose all three. There's no way to easily sort by who chose Mardi Gras, ignoring the other two options. I've found a work-around but it's a little clunky: I divide questions like that into as many questions as there are options. So I would have to make one question that says "Do you want to be on the Mardi Gras committee?" and the choices are yes or no. Then I do that for each committee. It takes longer, but then I am capable of sorting for just the one particular option that I'm looking for.

Vanessa from Agency Shield

Free Forms for anything!

I use Google Forms for everything and anything! It's perfect for sending to people to fill out surveys, as a checklist, script, etc.

Pros

I love that it is free and easy to use. It has enough features for most of my needs including response validation, required questions, and even the ability to skip to other sections based on answer provided. I wish it were a little more customizable but really it handles what I need. I have many forms that I've created for customers and for use as a check list for tasks my assistant fills out to keep nothing from falling through the cracks. I used it for scripts and accountability as well. I love that it gives you the option to auto-populate a Google sheet and it has graphs and charts too! I highly recommend using this product and think outside of the box for its MANY uses both professional and personally!

Cons

I would like the ability for more customization and more features would be nice but it covers what I need anyway. I have had some people tell me they've filled out the form I sent but sometimes it does NOT populate that I have a response from them. Its about 1 out of 15 people that happens to so something to look into! But I just have them re-do it as it may be user error, I haven't been able to tell.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Its ease of use and that its free!

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Survey Monkey is expensive and doesn't have many more features to make it worth the price. Its also NOT easy to use.

Abigail from Talent Empowering Business Strategist & Coach/Consulting at Kuhn Consulting

Industry: Executive Office

I don't use any other software!

I have been able to solve the problem of capturing vendor information for events through using Google Forms, plus it's free, so that's an added plus. Other forms have limits on submissions and such and I love how Google Forms lets me use the available space in my Drive folders.

Pros

Google forms has come a long way since it first began. I have been using their forms for several years now and I love how they integrate with other programs as well, they allow you to store all your information in a handy spreadsheet, which is customizable. They even allow uploads to the form now which is super great considering I often need photos from applicants.

Cons

Having a back office only section would be wonderful! The only place you can do this is on a spreadsheet, and sometimes it's nice to already have those pieces of the puzzle in place. The other option would be allowing payments to be made through the form.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Jotform has a limit to the amount of uploads they will take on the free version and I hit that and it really messed up the application submission process. Zoho Forms just quit working on my website and they also have limits. I feel like Google Forms is unlimited.

Joshua from The Coffee Oasis

Designing simplistic forms for different systems.

I utilize forms on a daily basis. We utilize the program for collecting data, documenting notes and reporting information, and also data collection that is easily trackable through Google Sheets. Forms provides the elegance and simplicity of the data collection while inputting the information into spreadsheets on the back end.

Pros

I love that Google Forms makes it easy to develop database information for almost anything that someone needs. We utilize Google forms to capture outcomes and to provide surveys for our users. It also allows us to develop data collection for outcomes that we need to obtain for grant writing purposes. Designing the forms are easy, intuitive, and takes no prior knowledge. The forms also provide tie ins with other Google programs such as Google Sheets.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike about the product. The simplistic and easy design does lack features that fall into more expensive programs; however, this is what allows the forms to be easily designed by anyone.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Forms fits into Google's ecosystem which we also use other products by Google. It's simplistic and we did not have to figure out different programs to do what we want as it's all there together.

Sridhar from ARC Tutorials

Simple, Easy and Smoothest way to collect data

Overall our experience has been good and it has served our purposes of data collection. The fact that we can hit the ground running in no time is what I really appreciate about this product. I would highly recommend it for users looking for Forms, Data collection tools.

Pros

Google Forms creation is super easy and fast. It takes less than 30mins to create a complex data collection form from our end users. There are wide variety of question formats available which can suit any businesses of any size ( ours is a small startup) Forms is also a free product from Google.

Cons

The export option is only CSV. I would like to have a easy way to extract data(certain fields) only instead of the entire zip of csv. Also the way the answers are rendered ( in tabs for each question, was little confusing at first)

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

After careful evaluation, I decided to choose Google Forms for the following reasons. Speed with which our internal teams can learn and create forms. This is the most critical aspect of our business. The wide variety of question formats which are mostly used by standard survey, research and data entry forms that we use. Also Google Forms is free, its best for us.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

I found Wufoo little complicated and the overall product seemed too over kill for a small company like ours.

Susan from Dallas ISD

Google Forms - A Great way to test

If tests have to be done online - not the best situation - then ordinary multiple choice is woefully inadequate. We already know students are sharing tests and information. By using short-answer, long answer, radio boxes, and "check all that apply" it is much harder to cheat. The test is more accurately reflecting what the students knows, instead of what he/she has memorized. The answers are sorted by similarity, so Wikipedia really stands out! lol Also identical written answers are super easy to spot. Now that we can import, I am developing my test bank for future years. Right now, converting from my previous formats takes a lot of time, but this should improve in later years. Being able to use images, charts and graphs with a few mouse clicks allows me to, again, test what thye know instead of what they have memorized.

Pros

Google forms has saved my LIFE this Covid season! I can do free-response and short answer - no credit for Wikipedia! I can use check boxes, radio boxes, a radio-button grid (for ranking). Not limited to 4 or even five answer choices- It seems to be unlimited answer choices. I can use sections - for example, an extra Remediate section if they get the question wrong, that is skipped if they get the question right. I can use any picture in my question, and also have pictures for each answer. Or I can upload 4 different graphs for their answer choices. Forms has added an Import feature recently, and now any question I have ever used in Forms is available to me in a new form with 2 mouse clicks. I use the Duplicate feature a lot - once I have set up my basic point value, that it is Required, and the type of question, I can then duplicate it over and over to keep the formatting and just change the words. I love the algorithm they use when GRADING. The answers are grouped by length (longest at the top, shortest at the bottom) with similar answers grouped. Makes it easy to spot cheating, and all the "idk"s at the bottom. I can tell it to "mark all other responses incorrect" and then just check for spelling errors and give those points back. Huge timesaver! I can give all the partial credit I want to. I make the problems worth 6 or 8 points, and then just type in their partial credit. Can easily see %correct for each question.

Cons

Caveats are: You cannot format the question, it will be all smooshed up in a paragraph. It is easy to workaround, though. Just take a Snip of the formatted questions [for example color for emphasis, or paragraphs, or bold or italics] and then click the Media button, Upload, Browse, click on the snip. Now the question is formatted. Matching is totally missing, I wish we had that option. It is VERY time-consuming to convert your old Word or PDF tests into a form. Even with add-ons, you are still manually selecting EACH question, pasting it. Then selecting the FIRST answer, pasting it. Then the SECOND answer, etc. There is not a way to sort responses by Time - only by question or by student. I wish I could quickly see who filled it out late and then grade it faster. One thing I do NOT like is that SUBMIT button. If they lose Internet or forget to click it - all their work is gone, and there is no way to get it back!

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Mostly because kids can "scope out" a multiple choice quiz, and Quizizz has no free response option. Also Quizizz is limited to 5 options, and I sometimes need more options (when classifying things, for example, with different sets all in one list.) And Quizizz has no way to give partial credit for a complicated problem.

Survey through Google forms

Google forms has helped for surveys and data collection through online platform. It is easy and has saves times and money for preparing different forms. Google forms is connected with Google sheet Gmail and so on which makes it more effective tool for data collection. Google forms is useful and helpful app for surveyors. Overall the experience with Google form is very remembering as it has helped a lot for completion of school projects. I have suggested my friends to use Google forms. But I hope I would have enjoy more if it would have update its features. Google forms are best of it type for collecting responses from online respondents.

Pros

Google forms are useful for the researchers, students, surveyors and others for collecting data from the respondents. It is useful for the students while doing their projects for fulfilling academic activities. The forms can be share through Gmail, messenger and other mode. This helps for respondents to fill form as per their convenience. Google forms are easy to prepare. We can ask objective questions, choice questions,open questions and others while preparing questionnaire using Google forms. Google forms has some template helping for pioneer to prepare forms. Business can do survey on customer feedback and other related field using Google forms. It saves money and time. It is easy to filter the data collected using Google forms as it automatically analyses some response and gives information. We can customize the forms like need of Gmail of respondents, collection of only one response or more from single respondent. It has facility of insertion of photos and videos which is very useful for preparing effective questionnaire. The option of duplicate save times as we need not to type similar question twice we can simply edit the earlier duplicate question.

Cons

Google forms can be better as it lack some functions. It is not allowed to change fonts of questions as per the user. While asking multiple choice questions it is difficult to manage row and column width and length. Google forms are not for preparing likert scale questions. It can improve the choice on questions type. It has limited the user to ask specified structure question. We cannot customize the scale,alignment ,font colour, font style, and size of Google forms. It is limited to insert of photos ,videos as we cannot insert box and other shapes and arts. Google forms has limited customization. Google forms is limited only to online respondents.

Tony from Incredibility

Managing Customer Happiness with Google Forms

Using Google Forms is quick and easy. It's also free, so for companies on a budget you can build fantastic survey forms without having to pay for expensive systems. It's really easy to set up and really quick to deploy. I highly recommend this service o all my other clients.

Pros

Google Forms makes creating online forms a breeze. We use the forms for multiple purposes, but our main purpose is to collect and collate Customer Happiness Indices. It took me less than 10 minutes to set up a form and we tag it in the signature file of our customer support emails. What makes it really great is that I can see the individual entries, but I can also get a graphical representation of responses. This allows me to quickly glance over the results if I want a quick synopsis of how my team is doing, or I can do a deep-dive and see what's really going on inside.

Cons

One of the limitations on Google Forms is the lack of templates. This means that your forms can border on the boring. It would be really great if Google would provide more templates, or allow users to build and upload their own CSS templates (a bit advanced, I know), so that the forms fit in better with our corporate customer image.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Price was a big factor. I didn't want to spend money on something and not know what the response for users would be like. The other is that it is really simple to use. It took me less than 10 minutes to set everything up, including adding it to our company signature files.

Michael from Masmaikel

The Reliable Free Survey Forms You Can Get

I use Google Forms for various activities and needs. Such as, survey form, RSVP registration form, evaluation form. it's kind of one for all tool. It's so useful and important for me.

Pros

1. It's free (at least for now) it has no limitation of "pro" / "premium" service, hence you can use it at the fullest without paying a dime 2. You can control what what the input. For example, you want short description text as the answer, or you want it as a full number. You can also have options to have checkboxes or single option. 3. This is the important thing. It's integrated with GOOGLE SHEET, so you get all your RAW DATA. 4. It has the summary of the result automatically if you don't want to go complex with Google Sheet. 5. It's connected to your Google Account! So you can access the data easily.

Cons

1. It's not as personalized as the similar service provider, Typeform that has the ability to customize the form, and have several "complex" logic. Such as, if you choose option A, then you'll next question will be B. 2. If you want to process the RAW data via Google Sheet, it requires you to understand the Google Sheet. However, if you can't, there is always READY TO USE result that you can use. It depends on your need. In my case, I usually need to manage & process it through Google Sheet. Don't worry, the easy option is always there.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

I enjoy using Google Forms so much because it's free and I don't need that much of luxurious features offered by other provider. With the possibility to process the RAW data, I can get EXACTLY what I want. The challenge is only at the beginning, when I needed to learn on how to use this software.

Judith from New Braunfels ISD

One of the Best Tools Available for Distance Learning Assessments!

Overall, I love Google Forms. It is easy to use, has a variety of features and options in the settings, which makes it my top choice right now for assessments and overall surveys with my students.

Pros

Google Forms is SUPER easy to set up and implement. Other collaborators can be added as well, to make it a worthwhile tool for educators when trying to provide consistency between classrooms. I especially appreciate the settings options to make forms my top choice for everything from surveys and input forms to formalized assessments in the "quiz" function. My students can get immediate feedback, or I can choose to release their scores at a later time. My favorite feature is the "branching" feature. Depending upon my students' answer choice, they can be led to the next question, or they can be given a "reteachable moment" and a second chance question. It is a great tool to address reteaching and reassessment for struggling children!

Cons

While the branching format is my favorite, it does need some work. One thing I have noticed is that several of my students have discovered the "back" button, so when they are given a reteach question, they simply go back to the previous question and choose a different answer until they choose the correct answer. Only a few of my students have figured this out, but as we use this on a daily basis to assess learning at the end of the lesson (in distance learning situation), more and more are figuring it out, which makes it difficult to authenticate what they have truly learned.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Google Forms was more in line for the freedom to create that we were looking for at the time.

Daniel from Compton Point

Easy to use and instill confidence

The biggest issue I had going in was that the team did not trust engagement surveys as in the past they were not anonymous and resulted in many employees feeling as though they were in trouble for their answers. Google allowed us to conduct the survey anonymously and many felt confident in that there was no way for us to identify who it was that submitted an answer!

Pros

For this, I loved how simple it was to setup, but how intuitive it was. We used it to conduct our annual engagement survey when I first started years ago, and building the questions, answers, and exporting the results were all relatively simple compared to most other software.

Cons

The hardest thing was honestly not that big of a deal, but it doesn't print the summary of results very cleanly. The page breaks often resulted in tables being cut off or not printing at all, but we were able to export the results to excel and build the tables that way, which allowed for greater customization.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Price and the ability to ensure and prove to our team that the results were anonymous.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Again I was looking to instill confidence in our team that the survey was anonymous and given that Google was a free option that was easy to use, it made it a pretty obvious choice.

Jennifer from Campbell Hall

Best for quick and simple surveys or sign-ups

I would highly recommend using Google Forms as a quick, easy, and free way to create forms for simple surveys, basic event registrations, and contact info collection. There are some limitations so it's best for basic data collection.

Pros

Lots of pros- it’s easy to use once you get familiar with the icons/functions of form building. It’s great to have many options for the types of responses you want (short text, paragraph, multiple choice, check boxes, and drop downs). There is also a file upload option (but you have to require sign-in). You can have settings in place to be alerted via email when a response comes in. You can set it up so that a spreadsheet is created. You can also embed the form on your site or email. This form is best when you keep it simple. Using this as a sign-up form or other simple data collection is best. We’ve used Google Forms to create event registrations, event surveys, newsletter content collection, contact info updates, suggestion boxes, and even science fair applications.

Cons

I do wish there was more display customization. Especially with fonts- there are no options for type, size, color, etc. Sometimes you want to be able to bold or underline part of the question or description and there is no way to do that. The only way to emphasize certain parts of the text is to use all uppercase letters or to insert a bunch of symbols. The other challenge is that for being a user-friendly form builder, there are certainly many elements that are not intuitive. These include looking for the if/then button, the theme options, setting up email alerts, setting up editing access, figuring out the options for sharing the form (login required, no login, etc.), and even to get the link you should use. It all makes sense afterwards. However, they are all in different spots. Some of our faculty aren’t comfortable with a lot of web programs and they are easily confused looking for all the various settings… especially when all the functions are icon based. It would also be great if there were different print view options. If you use the response spreadsheet, it’s not an issue. But some of our faculty need to print out individual responses. In those instances, there is no condensed version to print. Even a brief registration form can end up being 3 pages.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Since we already use Gmail and Google Drive, it's natural to use Google Forms. It's one less login for the rest of the faculty and staff to remember, and it's helpful to collaborate/access the forms between teams. For more complex surveys, we do end up using Survey Monkey.

Supun from University of Jaffna

Google Forms - Easy way to collect data

Google forms is an online surveying platform that use to collect data and analyze them. Because of its features, we can create advance questionnaires very simply and quickly. Results collected from the questionnaire can be analyzed very quickly looking at the charts generated automatically by the platform. Almost every person in the world has their own smartphone now. Therefore we can easily collect information from the people. I think Google forms is the best way to collect data analyze them.

Pros

Google forms is very simple to use, for both parties who make the questionnaire and who answer the questionnaire. Many types of question formats are available in Google forms and we can use them as our need. Radio buttons are available to select one choice from the given answer list, check boxes to select one or more choices and we can include text box to type the answer. This is a great feature of Google forms. I used normal question papers to collect data earlier and that was very annoying work. I had to make the question sheet, print it, share those printed question sheets among people and collect them. That was very hard and costly. Analyzing those answer sheets also very hard. But now it is quite easy with Google forms. No any printing and distribution cost. I can make them and share through Whatsapp, Facebook or any social media. Analyzing the result is very easy and fast because this gives out a real time result for the answers collected using graphical representations like graphs. There is an important option in Google forms. From this option, we can set how many times one person can answer the survey. It can be set to one time or many times. This option also very helpful when someone who we need to collect answers do not having a phone.

Cons

I don’t have any bad feeling about Google forms. But I faced some problems in some instances when using this. This requires internet connection to fill the form and analyze results. Therefore without internet we cannot use this. Another problem I faced that some people don’t know how to use this. Still there are some rural areas where smartphones are not in use. If we want to do a survey with them, we cannot use Google forms. No any considerable issue on using Google forms to collect data other than those mentioned above.

Tanuj from IIIT Delhi

Google Forms: Fast & Efficient Surveys and Questionnaires

Overall, Google Forms is an excellent service to efficiently create and deploy forms and questionnaires, especially if your work involves getting quick responses from a wide variety of users. With the sheer amount of granularity it provides and its suggestive features, it is an indispensable tool for anyone who wishes to reach out to a vast number of respondents.

Pros

Google Forms lets you create forms, surveys as well as questionnaires in a swift and simplified manner without compromising on the granularity of customizations. In my experience, making forms and deploying them to more users has never been as efficient without Google Forms. It not only provides a variety of options to fine-tune the questions (as well as their expected responses) but also recognizes patterns within the body of the questions themselves and automatically suggests optimum parameters for the same. Furthermore, it provides multiple ways for users to share their forms to external channels and get responses fast. Upon receiving responses, it also allows form administrators to get a general view of the answers themselves and enable them to peruse individual responses as well.

Cons

Google Forms has become so deeply ingrained in my usual workflows that it has become a chore to switch to other surveying platforms whenever it becomes necessary to do so. Thus, there are no cons that I've personally faced in my experience with Google Forms.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

One of the primary reasons why I switched was because of its fluid integration with the rest of the Google Apps suite, which I use very frequently owing to the nature of my workflows.

Chris from Cotterville Network

Nice Embedable Forms Used For Event Registrations

We have used them for years. They are reliable, and a great tool, especially for being a free product. When you embed them, they are reliable to render in the web page every time. This allows for basic logic flow, allowing us to ask yes, no, other, more... questions which need logic to present the proper questions needed.

Pros

This web form is very nice for small event planning. We use it as a registration form for classes we will be having. It is nice to have the form present cleanly on a webpage, allowing the user to fill in the information required, and then submit it to a Google Doc. The ability to receive a confirmation email from a registration and also the end user receiving a confirmation with their information is very beneficial. They can then go back and edit, update, or cancel their registration at a later time.

Cons

Compared to Microsoft's Form, which is equally as feature rich, Google forms look a bit toy'ish. It would be nice to be able to customize a form to make it look a bit more professional, and less colorful and playful.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Typeform was expensive, and we were already using Google more over Microsoft.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Typeform did not offer any actual features that Google Forms could not provide. They did allow for a more customized, professional looking form, but it was VERY expensive. Google's offerings work perfectly for us.

Malinda from Ceylon Government Railway

Industry: Government Relations

The best data collection software

Google forms is one of my favorite data collection software which I have been using for two years. As a station master, I need to get feedback from my co-workers and passengers regarding the service that we provide to passengers and as a government company, how railway system affect to its employees and what opportunities they have gained. That feedback really really matters. and it is a fundamental pillar of a successful company. I can easily gather data from a large crowd using google forms and those data can be analyzed using google sheets. So my overall experience of using google forms is really positive as this software highly impact to the growth of railway system.

Pros

Few years back I used paper feedback submission forms to collect data. Those days I had to print questions in papers and it takes a considerable time to fill a form. So that most of the passengers don't spend their time to write in a question paper. Then google forms came in to the picture and it converted the physical paper into a completely digital system. It reduces the paperwork a lot. Also passengers tend to fill those since it takes a less time than writing answers in a paper. Google form can be created with multiple questions with different types of question types like true/false, yes/no, multiple choices etc. Depending on the response for a certain question, I can give different set of other questions as well. Also questions can be set as essential since it make sure the target audience fill out all the important fields. Also some fancy editable templates are available to use. Responder doesn't need a google account to respond; just click the link and respond. After creating a form, the link can be shared and the data is dumped into google sheet. Then I can analyze the submitted data in real time and can take decisions. The development of railway system highly depends on the satisfaction of the passengers and its employees. So those collected and analyzed data is shared with the higher management to take further decisions. For two years, google forms helped me to take decisions based on the real data in a very practical manner and I think the result is obvious.

Cons

I have experienced that the design customization capabilities of google docs are somewhat limited. It would be great if there are multiple ready to use templates and rich text editing ability available for google forms. Other than that I am totally satisfied with the service that the google forms providing for us.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

When I decided to use a tool for data collection, I had no idea which tool to choose from. So I selected microsoft forms. Then I got to know that it only provides limited answer types and since I'm new to that tool I felt somewhat confusing with the interface. So after using microsoft forms for 5 months, I moved to google forms which provides range of answer types and a attractive interface.

Aaron from District 49

Google Forms for Instant Feedback

The greatest benefit I have found with Google Forms is the ability for my students to get quick and reliable feedback from their peers. They really enjoy this process and love looking at the different comments and charts. I have not found another option that makes this so engaging and so efficient. There is a small learning curve, but one that is worth the time and effort to integrate into your classroom.

Pros

I use Google Forms in a number of ways in my classroom. One way is to get instant feedback from my students. I create a quick survey and link it to my classroom Google Site. Then I have them take the survey. This gives me instant information that I can use to guide my instruction, create groups, and lots of other possibilities. Another feature that I like is that we will play trivia games. I will have students answer the trivia question. Then I can quickly change the questions, have them refresh their page, and answer the new questions. They have a lot of fun with this. But the best part of Google Forms is for students to get feedback from each other. If you have Google Apps for Education, your students can make their own form. I have my students create one after doing a larger scale project. They then have other students take their survey and this can give them feedback on what they did well with their class presentation. This kind of peer to peer feedback has been very valuable in my classroom.

Cons

There are many possibilities with Google Forms and it has been a great addition to my classroom. The only thing I can think of that is sometimes a problem is getting the link to send out. I have shared this idea with colleagues and with my students but this part sometimes causes trouble. Many people want to copy and use the link on the main form. However, this is the "edit" link and you do not want to give this one out. So to send it out properly you have to click on the "send" button and then select the link. I have seen this small step cause trouble.

Jonathan from Legally Mine

Google Forms offers quick and easy data gathering, but with some limitations

Google Forms allows us to do a wide variety of information gathering and control, from gathering data from clients to requesting task completion within the team.

Pros

Google Forms has an incredibly simple interface for building and sending questionnaires that takes little to no expertise in data gathering. Anyone can use it if they take the time to read the tooltips and know how to use a mouse. It also connects form responses to a Google Sheet that can be shared with team members, which allows for incredible flexibility in terms of use.

Cons

Really it's only missing a handful of features that I'd like to see. The two big ones are: First - No ability to gather repeated answers to a question such as asking a specific set of Name/Date/Parentage questions for dependents that allows for any number of answers based on the number of dependends the form-filler has. The Second is that the controls for specifying which page to show or questions to ask is somewhat limited - basically you can only choose to redirect to a page based on a multiple choice question's answer. I would much rather it just set up a flagging system that allows you to specify "Do not show this question unless question #3 was answered False" or "Show Page 5 at the end of the questionnaire if questions 4 and 5 were both True." and similar. But without that, there's a lot less room for control over the data you're gathering which leads to omission of certain questions that don't fit the structure of your questionnaire well, or leaving an important question as optional because it doesn't apply to everyone.

David from University of Alaska Foundation

Easy, free and fun

I enjoy using the product as a quick and easy to implement data collection tool. The data can be written to a Google Sheet which is also very accessible. The product is free through individual accounts and also available for paid hosted domain accounts. I like that users can fill in multiple forms. Access to forms can be set at multiple levels from a certain individual to the public. You can also preview your form before setting accessibility for anyone.

Pros

The feature set is good enough that Google Forms can be used for a variety of useful purposes: surveys, feedback, tests and quizzes, and much more. The platform is also supported by a wealth of plug-ins. Note, not all plug-ins are created equal. Read the ratings carefully. As with all plug-ins, you end up having to give some access of your form and account information to the developer. For some purposes it may not be appropriate to share with a third-party. Google forms supports the most common types of questions: multiple choice, true-false, yes-no, fill in the blank, text boxes, and also the ability to add attachments. It also has a simple analytics function built-in for analysis of your results.

Cons

Google really does not offer a great deal of support for this particular product other than their webpage “how-to” guide although additional support can be found from third parties on YouTube and other places. Web customization of the form is also a bit lacking. You can choose from a handful of the games and attempt to match a color scheme to your web environment, but that’s about it. There is no ability to control fonts, display size, orientation, etc.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 8,797 reviews