Browse Gravity Forms Reviews

June 2015

Andrew from Lieberman Technologies

June 2015

Powerful and flexible form builder for WordPress

I have used many form plugins, built my own, and crafted my own PHP libraries because I needing control and flexibility. Then I found Gravity Forms. As a WordPress developer, Gravity Forms has become an essential tool for the WordPress tool belt. It's powerful enough to build robust forms, integrates well with many other platforms (like MailChimp), and it's easy for site managers and non developers to admin, build, and review form entries. The drag and drop UI is clean, simple, and easy,

Pros

Easy to use Powerful Great admin Fantastic support - both in knowledge and response. Better than average spam prevention.

Cons

Styling is just OK. Takes some progressive CSS knowledge to really manipulate default style sheets.

Derek from 5.12 Design Lab

Quite Possibly The Best Form Solution For WordPress

The ease of solving a variety of different client needs, especially on the topic of collecting payments. Setting up e-commerce solutions can take a lot of time, which can be a burden if a client just needs to sell access to a downloadable brochure or collect deposits on a workshop. With nothing more than the PayPal email address, I can set my clients up to collect payment in a matter of minutes. I also LOVE the fact that all submitted entries are stored in the database. Some contact form plugins don't store the data after sending the email, and anyone who has setup forms in WordPress knows of the deliverability issues that can arise with submission notifications. Since Gravity Forms stores the entries, I don't have to worry about lost entries. My clients know that if an important submission doesn't reach their inbox for some reason, they can always login to the site and find that submission.

Pros

I am constantly amazed the versatility of Gravity Forms. Sure, you can use it to create simple contact forms, but it can do so, so, SO much more than that. Want to create polls or surveys? Sure, that's child's play. Want to collect email addresses and dump them into your favorite email marketing Saas? Tons of software connections are baked-in to Gravity Forms (depending on your license level). Want your forms to stand out as something more than just a boring form? Yeah, go ahead and style the heck out of them using CSS. I've used Gravity Forms in place of e-commerce solutions (like WooCommerce) for simpler product/payment transactions. But wait, there's more. You can register users to your site (or register users for aspects of your site, like LearnDash courses); you can take payments on forms through PayPal, Stripe, Square, Authorize.net (and a few others); you can easily create COVID screening questionnaires (that's proven useful!); you can automatically dump your collected data into a variety of CRMs (Zoho, Agile, Capsule, probably others I have no experience with). And if all else fails, just connect Gravity Forms with Zapier where you can probably do whatever you want or need.

Cons

On the rare occasions I need support from their team, I wish there was a faster solution than email. Other than that, I haven't had any issues. Even the one time I had a project that was above my capabilities, Gravity Forms directed me to Codeable where I was able to find a developer to assist in the project.

Reasons for Choosing Gravity Forms

The comprehensive set of features within Gravity Forms keeps me coming back. Being able to easily create both simple and complex forms, and integrate with a variety of 3rd party services makes Gravity Forms extremely versatile.

Yaco from Yalm

The most robust form solution on wordpress

We have used Gravityforms in several projects that needed integration with CRMs and webhooks, and it was a blast!

Pros

Gravityforms helps you integrate forms into wordpress in the most complete way

Cons

Forms without custom css can look bad. The default customizer is not enough.

Reasons for Choosing Gravity Forms

GravityForms offered us a complete solution inside wordpress, and the price was better because you could have a lifetime deal.

Reasons for Switching to Gravity Forms

We needed to have a better integration with the Wordpress ecosystem

A Contending WordPress Form Builder

Gravity forms is a good WordPress plugin no doubt, because it was part of my learning curve while building with WordPress. But I'd wish they work on their UI to give users better usage experiences.

Pros

Gravity forms has great logical features that can allow you to build form applications that can meet the need of any project. Another good thing is it's multi-page feature that brings down long forms into smaller pieces and bits.

Cons

Gravity forms plugin has a very uninviting user interface. Dull colours and unfriendly styling. Most times I have to struggle to see what is written as notifications and alerts when filling out the form.

Extremely Versatile

Gravity Forms has allowed me to take orders, accept payments, conduct surveys, and many other contact options. It is extremely robust in the features it offers and it’s great to have an all in one solution for all my forms.

Pros

Gravity Forms is so versatile and I have used it for so many different forms and integrations. My favorite feature is the conditional logic that allows you to change the form based on how people answer. This creates a more custom experience and also reduces unnecessary questions that don’t apply to someone.

Cons

I wish there were more options for changing the look of the forms. It is possible to do through CSS and HTML, but it would be nice if the option was available when using Gravity Forms directly.

Abby from The Helpful Marketer

One of the most well-established, reputable WordPress Form builders

Pros

Gravity has been around the longest and is well known enough that it's pretty much guaranteed to be compatible with whatever you need to integrate with.

Cons

I don't love the interface - it feels old and clunky - but I see that the new 2.5 version is very different... Glad to see they finally made some investments in UI improvements. I also didn't love some of the instructions when I went to create a user registration form with the User Registration Feed. At first, there were some instructions that made it sound like I wouldn't be able to use it for registration.

Reasons for Choosing Gravity Forms

I actually didn't. A client was already using Gravity - actually a couple - so when their developer's license expired I went and purchased another one. I use Formidable Forms for all my clients' new sites.

Max from Millennium Marketing Solutions

Easy to use form builder with lots of integrations

I was very happy with gravity forms, especially when we realized it integrates with other tools we used such as Sharpspring, Zapier, and more.

Pros

It was easy to implement with WordPress and other tools we used to integrate it with. It captured the contact info easily and stored them so we can look back at them

Cons

It's a very simple tool with basic functionality.

Reasons for Switching to Gravity Forms

We wanted to be able to track form submissions, the cost, and several other things. Nothing uberly major, but still

Kelly from Chellejon Paper Bead Rollers

I use for Ecommerce, Contests, Contact Forms, and more

Overall I have recommended Gravity Forms to countless people and will continue to recommend it. It's the best forms solution for WordPress, hands down.

Pros

Gravity Forms is the most versatile forms I have found in 8 years of building WordPress websites. I have used it for all kinds of functions, including as a simple ecommerce platform. They have a wide variety of ad-ons to expand the functionality. Make sure you look at all of the options in your forms. I feel like many people don't fully use all of the features it offers. It's worth it to get the higher level subscriptions and get all of the add ons included.

Cons

The only issues I've had with Gravity Forms is when I wanted to do some pretty advanced CSS styling. I was trying to do something a little over my head and had some trouble finding the right code to apply the CSS too. The knowledgebase did help a lot but it was a struggle at times.

Reasons for Choosing Gravity Forms

Gravity Forms had far more functionality.

Jessie from AppLaunchLab

More than just a contact form

Pros

I like Gravity Forms most because it's an extremely versatile tool. You can create forms to do surveys, contact forms, quizzes, etc. It can make your website more interactive for your users. It's also possible to split up the form in different parts where the next part that is shown depends on the answers. It also allows you to calculate fields based on answers given. Further you can easily integrate with all kinds of software apps. All in all it makes it an extremely versatile tool.

Cons

From time to time there's security issues, which can be troublesome because hackers can use it to gain access to the WordPress installation. It means that you have to stay subscribed to the software to ensure you always keep the installation updated with the latest security patches. I would also love to see features where you can use Gravity Forms to save information to users so it can be used to expand WordPress member sites with extra functionality.

Tiffany from Gilbertsville Veterinary Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

Easy to use, easy to customize, embed the forms right into Wordpress!

Overall, I love Gravity Forms the software is super easy to use and more robust than some. The backend management of the forms is nice and can easily be exported if needed.

Pros

I love the way the form looks on a website. I also like that you can customize the logos and colors of the forms. The responses are easily gathered and saved into your Wordpress site which makes retrieving them and saving them super easy.

Cons

There are more advanced features that some users may not need. Although, you do not have to use them they may intimidate others.

Jonathan from Albon Dog Ranch

Keep your feet on the ground with Gravity Forms

Overall I do enjoy Gravity Forms and what it has to offer. You can do so many different forms in different ways.

Pros

I have been using Gravity forms for quite a few years and enjoy the ease of use the amount of functionality you can get from it!

Cons

As time has gone on, the support is not as good as it used to be and less things are being covered in the support. Little things keep breaking which is a pain. Also not being able to style the form easily is really annoying. IUt should have styling functionality right out of the box and not have to search for solutions that may or may not work!

Reasons for Choosing Gravity Forms

I use Gravity Forms and Formidable Forms together.

JASON from Quezart INC

Industry: Graphic Design

Easy for my clients to use

I build a lot of websites for churches and they always ask for the ability to create forms for events or prayer requests. I love that I can confidently say yes. When showing them how easy it is to create a form and gather information I always get the "oohs and aahs" . It's just super easy to use. Over the years it has gotten so much better and less clunky.

Pros

I love the drag and drop option for creating forms. Showing it off to clients always gets the "wow factor".

Cons

CSS can be clunky when it comes to. quick fix or implementation. I find that once I have injected Gravity Forms into my design I'll get transparent field backgrounds that I will need to fix in the CSS.

katherine from Sit Stay Play

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Used to convert paper client forms to online forms! Much better!

Gravity Forms has eliminated paper forms for our business and everything can be filled out online now, which has been awesome! It's faster and clients definitely prefer it!

Pros

We used Gravity Forms in many places on our website that allowed clients to fill out paperwork/forms online through our website instead of the old fashioned way of using paper forms. Must better to have the digital forms instead of paper!

Cons

The software is pretty tedious to get set up for the first time. There are a lot of different options to put on your forms, but it is a slow, tedious process getting it set up for the first time.

Karen from Graphics by Design

Gravity Forms Can Simplify Your Workflow

My experience has been very positive. When I do have a question their support has been fairly prompt and very helpful. There is also a lot of documentation that is super helpful. This is not a fly by night kind of plugin they have been around for a while!

Pros

Right out of the box Gravity Forms is able to solve a lot of problems for me. They have thought of just about everything you would need when using a form.

Cons

At this time Gravity Forms doesn't let you do conditional pricing. I use an extra plugin, Gravity Wiz, in conjunction with Gravity Forms to resolve that issue. Otherwise it is great. There are so many problems that this form can automatically resolve. One of my favorite examples is that people automatically advertise on my employment board. The form takes their money and automatically posts the position online. It also sends the customer a confirmation of what they posted. I really love this plugin!!

Use forms digitally with Gravity forms

Overall Gravity Forms are good, i will recommend others to use it.

Pros

This tool is best to integrate forms in your website , like this we have remove paper works . Under this tool we have created various forms like contact form and displayed text fields based on the type of users or as per the conditions.

Cons

Its not fully secure or encrypted if you are not using paid version , when you will use paid version they will store data at thier end with ecprypted format.

Adam from Clinical Architecture

Great features for form building!

Pros

Gravity forms allows you to take your imagination, ideas, and dreams and turn them into a reality. This tool gives you the ability to create amazingly powerful and custom forms for your website to drive traffic, lead generation, and feedback. If you're looking to get a bang for your buck and create custom forms for your website, this is the tool for you. The drag and drop custom form builder allows you to create anything in a matter of minutes.

Cons

This tool is an amazing asset to any company, web developer, or sales team. The only con that I can think of is that you have to pay for the full version to the get full experience. Well worth the money.

Hard to remember using forms before Gravity Forms

Overall, Gravity Forms is the only form software you should use on your Wordpress sites. After using it for the short time we have, we've completely forgotten all the struggles we had with previous forms because of how top tier Gravity Forms has been. Life time customer.

Pros

The ability to include customization is the number one reason this is one of my biggest "go-to's" for my website. Being able to embed links is huge and also super convenient. We use it to link users to things just as an external terms or service page before clicking certain boxes. It's a lifesaver to not have to double up on work and add that exact same URL somewhere else on the website.

Cons

The customer service has always been very professional and overall very quick. But currently the only way to contact support is through email. Which automatically causes some delays in the communication process. Being able to have an instant fix through a tech support call would be a huge feature to allow "Instant" fixes.

Lee from Intrepid Web Marketing

Gravity Forms = Advanced Web Form With Lots of Features

Pros

The drag & drop feature makes it very simple to build out the webforms and custom CSS allows our developers to adjust the appearance as needed!

Cons

A pro license cost $159 a year which is on the pricey side.

Jonathan from JRWDevelopment

Lots of features, but too difficult to develop new features and too expensive

Pros

I really liked how many features were available. The plugin seemed robust and full-featured. I was easily able to find an add-on for e-signatures and user-submitted content

Cons

When trying to customize the plugin, the action hooks and filters were poorly documented and took me hours to debug. Even when I did figure out how the hooks worked, they were no hooks in the most valuable places.

Isaac from Zone 6

Lots of addons

Pros

It's so great to have the flexibility with the number of available addons.

Cons

Some of the addons I needed required a more expensive subscription package.

The only WP forms plugin I use

I have an unlimited license that renews each year, and it's well worth the money.

Pros

It is solid. I can pretty much count on any issues with a site having nothing to do with Gravity Forms. And with all the integrations, you can use it for just about anything.

Cons

To be honest, there isn't really anything I don't like. I came across a use case where I wasn't able to have 2 forms active on the same page. I was able to work around that though with a revised page design. No biggie..

Ryan from Sikich

Great for Everyone, Awesome for Those with Technical Abilities

Pros

You can do so much with gravity forms. I've been able to put it through the paces and it keeps up every step of the way. Extending the forms has been a breeze with marketing automation as well.

Cons

It's not intuitive for entry level users. It takes time to get into it and tease out the more advanced features.

Len from Loyalty Home Group

The Best Wordpress Plugin for Forms

Overall very happy with the product and have used it on multiple sites

Pros

Creating forms is super easy to do and you can do a lot of customization regarding questions, multiple choice, file uploading, etc.

Cons

Some of the formatting takes some tweaking to make sure that your form doesnt look super basic insite of your website.

Denis from Media Components LLC

Industry: Online Media

Priscilla Anabelle

Powerful features for Wordpress

Pros

I have been using only a few features from Gravity Forms to help make my website more interactive, and it helps a lot. Gravity Forms is an essential tool for WordPress.

Cons

I can't find any wrong with Gravity Forms, although it is quite expensive, but it's worth your money and good for investment.

Daniel from Cheaper Than Dirt

Industry: Sporting Goods

A solid form-building tool for Wordpress

Pros

- Easy to use and customize - Integrates with other software/platforms (I've used with ActiveCampaign) - Simple install and setup

Cons

- Doesn't have a ton of features - Limited integration options - Setting up integrations is kind of weird (e.g. with ActiveCampaign, you have to sync up the form AND create a list that will capture contacts)

Rachel