Browse foreUP Reviews

Kyle from Spencer T. Olin Community Golf Course

Looking for intuitive, efficient POS Software? You found it.

We needed a serious facelift for our POS software in 2016. I wanted to move away from server-based systems, but we had serious limitations with our bandwidth. Not only has foreUP fit the bill with a cloud-based POS platform, we've been able to effectively run the software at a lower-than-recommended bandwidth (2ish Mbps). It's also given us the ability to keep track of our large membership base, track their rounds, update new memberships each year without rebuilding an entire database. On top of that, its made record-keeping simpler because new staff is able to quickly pick up the software and as a result, make fewer mistakes.

Pros

System framework is familiar looking and intuitive for the computer-savvy, Google-minded generation. Searchability and ease of access make training new staff simple and less time-consuming. The software, and the design team itself, is constantly evolving and changes are frequent and effective. Making updates or solving issues, in most cases, is easy to do on the back end, without giving up the features we MUST have on a daily basis.

Cons

Reports are still missing some of the really special information-aggregation I'm looking for. It would be nice to have a suite of applications designed specifically for tournament accounts/information/record-keeping.

Response from foreUP

Replied February 2019

Intuitive and efficient is just what we love to hear! Those are qualities we really push for in the software, because... who has time for inefficient or confusing? :) Thanks for the review! I want to respond briefly to the reports functionality you mentioned. We're in beta for an incredible new update to reporting; it will make you really happy. If you'd like to chat with our Product team about it and what you're hoping it will do, email me and I'll connect you! amy@foreup.com

Lonny from Skyline Golf Club

Industry: Restaurants

Great Software

I have recently signed up for the marketing side of ForeUp, and it has saved me time and has produced more income for our facility. Down time has been minimal.

Pros

It is user friendly, and is very reliable. The reporting is quick and is updated every few minutes.

Cons

Maybe a to-go feature on the food side.

Reasons for Choosing foreUP

ForeUp had the credibility that the competitors didn't have. Also, the price fit our budget.

Reasons for Switching to foreUP

I was not happy with the performance of Teesnap. Always down, tablets not holding a charge. Reporting was slow and not updated that frequently.

December 2021

Better than most and easy to use

Pros

The facts that it’s easy to use and most anyone can figure it out.

Cons

How updates on the software usually come with lots of bugs that effect it’s basic functionality.

Marc from Allendale Country Club

Foreup

Foreup has been better than golfnow.

Pros

Some glitches that impact us daily have not been fixed in 2 years. Fundamental things that would be useful to many courses.

Cons

9 hole pass utilization is not an option and is a huge impact to us.

Reasons for Choosing foreUP

More features worked on windows.

Reasons for Switching to foreUP

Cost and lack of tools we needed.

Jason from GEARHART GOLF LINKS

Review of ForeUp Software

Each member of the ForeUp teams has been thoughtful and available whenever we have needed support.

Pros

We have used ForeUp at Gearhart Golf Links for a few years now, and above all we like how easy it is to use. Critical to our operation is the digital Tee sheet, Marketing messages and e-mails, Inventory Management, and Website and App access. All are easy to use on our end, and our Club Members and Guests enjoy the website and app.

Cons

Transferring from our prior system to ForeUp was super easy. I'm sure it was a bunch of work for the ForeUp team, but on our end we just had to spend some time formatting the new website and transferring our customer and inventory data. Training was easy. There are just a few minor, minor things that we would like to see improved, and the Team is working on those things.

Reasons for Choosing foreUP

Cost, ease of use, and the many options offered.

Reasons for Switching to foreUP

We wanted to switch to a cloud based system, and one where blast e-mails were much easier. ForeUp checked both those boxes.

Tarah from Flint Golf Club

Excellent for Database, Not Accounting

I really appreciate that ForeUP is cloud based. It's great to be able to access from wherever I maybe. The downside of it being in the cloud is that, sometimes, we have struggles with the Food and Beverage Sales Portal not getting orders to our kitchen, but most of the time it works seamlessly. Their customer service is prompt and on point. I have never had trouble getting the assistance I need or a solution to the issues I'm having. Overall ForeUP is VERY easy to use and to set up. I've been able to set it up to allocate to different revenue centers and allocate every transaction to the accounts I need on the accounting end, however we have to do most of the accounting manually because ForeUP is not set up as an accounting software, more of a data software. This does work out for us because we dissect much of what we do on the sales end year to year to see what is working and what is not and use that in making changes for the next year. If you are a unique organization like us, I would recommend asking very specific questions about your needs, but overall it's an excellent software to have.

Pros

ForeUP is amazing for data, but not accounting. I have had to make several outside spreadsheets to manipulate the data the way that I need, but I have never run into trouble finding very specific piece of data that I need.

Cons

Other software companies that we have worked with can build programs to do what we need. ForeUP categorizes requests by priority and score them on a demand basis, so some of the very specific and unique things that we need it to do, we are having to do manually because it hasn't been as high of a priority on their pipeline of programs to build/improve.

Reasons for Choosing foreUP

It had MORE (not all) of the services we were looking for and the functionality fit our needs better.

Mickey from City of Memphis

foreUp is a great benefit to the City of Memphis

foreUp has been a great partner for us. We have been able to upgrade our technology at all 6 courses and the integration with Stripe was a huge upgrade.

Pros

The tee sheet is so easy to manage and extremely easy for our frontline employees to understand and operate.

Cons

The one thing that I wish was better is the multiple course reporting. I have to logout of one course and then login to another course to get all my reports. Would love for it to combine information in one place.

Price and functionality

Cost and technology

Chuck from Dorado Country Club

Golf shop savior

Love the ease and the support.

Pros

The ease of setting up our tee sheets, data base, merchandise and interaction. We have an all-in-one software/support system with Fore-up that out works everything else we have tried or used. We not only recommend it, we train other local golf courses on it.

Cons

We haven’t had any problems yet, so we have zero complaints.

Jack from The Links at Lake Toccoa

ForeUp Software

Pros

Quick set up to manage merchandise and player check-in options.

Cons

No cons to mention as the software was easy to incorporate the specifics needed for The Links at Lake Toccoa which is an enterprise of The City of Toccoa, Ga

jim from Lake Chelan Golf Course

Jim Oscarson's review

Could not be more pleased with it.

Pros

Everything....it's a great product! Works great and our customers can use it with ease. Very user friendly.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I don't really like.

Reasons for Switching to foreUP

wanted a better product then what we had.

Josh from Hollywood Beach Golf Club

Good technology and intuitive

Good solid support and good people, easy to work with.

Pros

Foreup is a solid product that is easy to learn and easy to use. It has a lot of solid features for golf operators and a lot of tech integration. Extremely happy with the product.

Cons

I'd like to have the ability for different colors highlighted for internet bookings, prepaid, third party, call-in

Reasons for Choosing foreUP

Better technology and more current and forward thinking

Reasons for Switching to foreUP

Needed a better tool that integrated with third parties and was more robust and captured data and allowed me to market to the data collected on my customers

Sheldon from Trull Brook Golf and Tennis Center

Fore up Software

Given Covid, our industry had to go to online payments overnight. The team at Foreup did a great job getting the software together. It has been a game changer.

Pros

This product is very easy to use and implement. This can do many things for us that our last POS could not. The service team is always there to answer your questions. They take the time and listen to your needs as well. You feel valued.

Cons

none, Fore up has been able to meet our needs and is currently working on other things as they come up

Reasons for Switching to foreUP

Teesnap could not do some very basic things to make our golf course run smoother.

Bryan from Kearney Country Club

KCC review

Simple and easy to use and operate.

Pros

The easy of use and simplistic value for member use is great!

Cons

The tee times should be real time, not an hour in advance.

Reasons for Choosing foreUP

The ease and simple use.

Robert from The Ranches Golf Club

Ranches Golf Club Review

With implementing any new product there are always hiccups and bumps along the way but the support team led by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been outstanding to work with. Always responds promptly and always has a great way to help us learn this system. ForeUP to me is a simple to use system in so many aspects.

Pros

The ease and transparency on the Tee Sheet function and the integration from tee sheet to sales screen is the best feature. It is very easy to track our daily play, daily sales, inventory and monitor what our users are doing.

Cons

I wish we could allow online sign ups for our weekly league play and other various tournaments we do. There may be features we dont know yet but we would love online sign ups for tournaments through this software.

Reasons for Switching to foreUP

Cost and effective use of the product. CPS was limited in what we could do, foreup was a great financial fit as well as functionality.

Michael from Pleasant View Golf Club

ForeUp takes the lead in Golf Software!!

The overall experience has been great! I would recommend [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as your set up guy as he has been in the business for years behind the counter and behind the scenes with POS systems. He is knowledgeable and makes sure things are right and doesn't try to rush to get your system live where you end up with problems later on. The team as a whole constantly works with you to make sure your experience with the system is top notch

Pros

The Software is very easy to use. From the set up to the daily use. Easy to change items, Create and change pricing classes, merge duplicate customers etc. The software keeps getting more robust with the developers actually scheduling calls with operators like me to get feedback on how to build something or needs that we have in the software.

Cons

There is very few things that I dislike about the software. There were some small little bug issues with some of the tee-sheet but the development team fixed it relatively quick for us. I always expect a software that has many features to have a few minor bugs especially when new updates come out but nothing that ever hinders the operation for the day.

Reasons for Choosing foreUP

Because of the design of the system and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to foreUP

Constant promises of updates with nothing coming. Went for over a year without any updates to the software. COVID 19 was blamed for the firing of most of the support staff and half of the account managers leaving courses left out to dry.

Ryan from Lakeview Golf Club

Great Software!!

Great customer service. They go above and beyond to make sure you are set up and ready to go. I highly recommend them to any golf course out there!

Pros

It's fast at checkout! Only takes a couple clicks. I've worked with several other software programs and foreUP is the best I've worked with. The ease of use checking people out, adding products to the sale, adding extra carts or greens fees or soda or snacks, is so easy compared to other software programs.

Cons

We use Stripe for credit card transactions. It immediately processes the card quickly. It takes a few seconds to print the receipt. I think this will improve as time goes on. I only notice because I have seen foreUP print out credit card receipts faster.

Reasons for Choosing foreUP

Great customer service. Quick check outs. Inventory and reports are easy to run and track and add inventory and bulk edit. Adding event credit and customer credit is quick and easy and tracked. Overall just great support team and you can understand them.

Reasons for Switching to foreUP

Chrono golf was horrible. Super slow. 13 clicks to check someone out. You had to go to other screens to bring in and attach an item to a sale. I would never recommend them to anyone. And they are a Canadian based company. Customer service was bad.

scott from Surfing Turtle LLC

The Foreup system has been great for our business. It is easy to use, always up and always working.

added visibility to my business.

Pros

We use the Foreup system mostly for point of sale. The system was easy to setup. Their support site had articles that answered most of the questions I had while setting it up. For answers I couldn't find, the support staff was great in helping me figure it out. I was a little nervous about using a cloud based system. Not having everything under control and worrying about always having a connection was a concern. But, the system has always been up and working. We have never had a moment of down time. The POS part of the system is very easy to use. It didn't take much time for my staff to become comfortable with it. We had switched from a standard cash register. We were able to easily implement a season pass program. Foreup handles it well and the setup wasn't difficult. We were converting from a paper process. The system handles gift cards without using any 3rd party vendors to track and maintain gift card balances. Its all handled internally now. Being an absentee owner it has been very helpful to be able to monitor my sales and other transaction remotely from any location in the world. I can check on sales periodically during the day. I can check the Cash Drawer reports. I can configure new items, update pricing, and all other configuration items off site. In the past I would have to be on site or on the phone with employees to take these things. They are good at taking suggestions and enhancement requests and making the changes.

Cons

Easily checking or tracking sales made to a specific customer doesn't work very well. If I select a customer in the sales and ring up a sale for that customer. It is not easy to see that transaction for the customer. If the customer were to call to discuss a transaction it is not easily accessible. The invoicing module is not flexible to do the things we need. Creating the invoice initially is easy. But, we need the ability to change an invoice after it has been sent to a customer. Sometimes pricing needs to be changed, notes on lines need to be modified, or sometimes we need to add a new line or cancel a line. Voiding a payment to an invoice so it can be reapplied to another invoice or just left as a credit on the customer's account is not straight forward. Sales tax is calculate at the line level instead of the order level. The sales tax is setup at the item level rather than at the location level.

Elisha from Diamond Hill Golf Club

Fast growing

Friendly and organized Reps that are ready and willing to help you make the profits that we need.

Pros

It's easy to use for first time users of POS system.

Cons

It can be overly flexible to the point that the user can make a mistake and not realize it.

Reasons for Choosing foreUP

I needed a cloud base product so that I can be mobile. GolfNow did not have that available.

Reasons for Switching to foreUP

The back of the house for the Teesnap program was too hard to keep track of and we were missing membership payments.

Cody from Citywide Golf Solutions

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Very Intuitive

Positive experience since day one!

Pros

Always updating and has been online since the inception. They’ve been ahead of the curve when it comes to tee time POS software.

Cons

Not much. If I usually have an issue they are able to fix or resolve it very quickly.

Reasons for Choosing foreUP

Customer service response and better product.

Reasons for Switching to foreUP

Better service and reporting.

Jason from Keller's Crossing at Stone Creek

Best Golf POS / Tee-sheet / F&B software out there

Exceptional. It is that simple. Their staff, support, leadership, development team... everyone at foreUP is EXCEPTIONAL at what they do and how they take care of their customers.

Pros

Ease of use and functionality are probably the most important. Followed by the usefulness of all the modules. Even the ability to use certain functions for their non intended use. For example being able to create punch cards for any item you desire, NOT just rounds of golf!

Cons

The only issues I have are things that explicitly revolve around "resort" operations at my facility. That being stated though, there is no "golf resort" style POS system and therefore I still require a hotel / hospitality software in conjunction with the golf side of the house.

Reasons for Choosing foreUP

The simple answer is functionality and use. The second part of that is cost savings, and SERVICE.

Scott from Purple Sage Golf Course

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Returned to ForeUp after 2 years.

I left ForeUp due to increase in pricing. I am back and glad to be back after having another POS System.

Pros

It's local and very user friendly. The actions that my employee can take to find receipts, tee times are critical to our operation.

Cons

At times not alot had trouble getting tech support

Reasons for Choosing foreUP

Pricing and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] brought me back.

Reasons for Switching to foreUP

Price increase and lack of communication on my part. My bad!

Review of Fore Up POS software

We are now in control of our own data. While this has added some personal responsibility in regards to collecting and using the data, it has freed us up to use it in ways that are most beneficial to our own business. Fore Up has been so supportive throughout the entire process. Calls are returned very quickly and solutions provided.

Pros

Fore Up checks all the boxes when it comes to the varied needs of golf course operations. Built with extensive input from operators of a multitude of different types of golf facilities their software is the most user friendly and functional software ever to hit the market. Intuitive tee sheet, customer data collection, social media interfaces, cloud based operating system, golf shop inventory management, member billing and accounts, and back end reporting that is customizable to any needs. What I like most however is that the Executives of Fore Up are never satisfied with their current offerings. They are constantly looking to improve things, working with their clients to meet the multitude of needs golf facilities require in an ever changing industry.

Cons

Not applicable. There is nothing I do not like about this company or software functionality.

Response from foreUP

Replied February 2019

What a great review, thank you! We'll continue to be dedicated to living up to your kind testimonial. It's so nice to know that our commitment to always improving is seen and felt by people working with us. We also love what you said about being in control of your own data; it's more important than ever, and at the forefront of our mind as we build new tools and improve existing ones. We're so grateful to work with you!

Overall experience with this product/company has been fantastic

Pros

The main benefit to this software is that it is cloud based and can be accessed anywhere. This comes in handy when I am not at the course and we have an issue that needs to be addressed immediately. The second is the easy user interface. The layouts and design of the POS system make it extremely easy for new employees to pick up and learn the system quickly. The third is that the company is constantly making improvements based on the suggestions and concerns from the courses using the product.

Cons

There are only two issues that I have with the POS system. I would like to point out that neither of these items are an issue but more of an inconvenience at times. The first is the fact that it is cloud based. If the course looses internet access due to a storm we are sitting ducks. We do have a backup plan in case this happens so again not a huge issue and really can't be fixed. The second is the fact that updates seem to occur during operating hours for us and can cause issues with our system during busy times of the day. We are usually able to resolve these issues quickly so again more of an inconvenience than a major concern.

John from Emerald Isle Golf Course

GCPOS Review

Pros

POS - ease of processing transactions Tee Sheet - booking, data capture, notes feature Reporting - more than adequate

Cons

POS - cc processing failure frequency, inability to include tip on multiple cards for same ticket When receiving inventory items system sometimes requires additional entry

Preferred Tee Sheet

Response from foreUP

Replied October 2019

Thank you for your feedback, John. We know this has been a frustration for some of our clients, and we are focused on being able to provide you with a reliable way to take credit card payments. We are working daily to give you more merchant processing options. I've asked your Customer Success Manager to reach out to you to talk to you about the current situation/status and answer any questions you have.

MARK from Lake Chelan Golf Course

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

ForeUP POS cloud based golf software program.

The overall experience has been very positive with ForeUP. Being a municipality, we have certain requirements that we must adhere to with our City Hall accounting. For example, out accounting team needed a report that broke down our departments sales based on if the customer paid with a credit card, cash, check, or gift card. Working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at ForeUP, he developed a report for our accounting team that gave them this exact report they require.

Pros

I like most about ForeUP is simply the many, many things it can do. The list is endless, but the highlights are: email marketing, online tee times, integrated app, etc. etc. Also, when we were looking at making the change to a new POS software system, they gave us a date that was estimated that we could "go live" with ForeUp and they hit that date with a few days to spare even. The education we got with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to get to know the system before we "went live" was excellent.

Cons

A main part of my job personally is to input inventory and price the merchandise. Our previous software system had a dedicated label printer, with ForeUP you print out label sheets which takes more time than previously for me.

Reasons for Choosing foreUP

ForeUP checked the most boxes of what we needed. We went thru this change during our shutdown because of the Coronavirus. Our needs were: email marketing, paying online for green fees, integrating an app, and many many other needs. Simply put they checked the most boxes for us.

Reasons for Switching to foreUP

The main reason for the switch was GEN Active was being phased out of the Golf Now programs that they offered. After making the switch, I realized that we should have made this changeover years ago.

Amanda from Stow Acres Country Club

Amazing Software For New Users

Pros

How easy it is to: 1. Check-in golfers. 2. Send emails to users. 3. How we can send user's information if they need an invoice. 4. We love how clean it is verse CyberGolf. 5. Book tee-times! People call us less and book online more which save a lot of time for us if we have a ton of people checking in. 6. I love how we can send emails with the templates. 7. So much support! We're able to contact your team whenever we need you asap.

Cons

-We are a 36-hole golf course and a few of the golfers have said that when booking tee-times, golfers have complained that they have to switch back and forth and start all over when they choose a course (The North or South Course). -I wish there were a few more templates for emails and a little more easy to create the perfect email. I like to move things/photos and place them where I want them to be rather than just drag a photo on the screen. -There are numerous features that we would benefit from since we're a 36-hole course and I wish our someone told us all of the ones we'd benefit from.

Nick from Spring Creek Ranch

Great Value with Promising Future

We were looking for a cloud based member management/POS for our private golf course. ForeUp met this goal and saved us considerable money vs our old outdated software.

Pros

For day to day operations, it really runs smoothly and easily. It's fairly easy to train new employees on it and there is a lot coming in the way of new development that looks promising.

Cons

Reporting features could still use some love. Usually I pull the report that's closest to what I need, and export to Excel to find the easiest way to manipulate the data.

Reasons for Choosing foreUP

ForeUp was further along in it's development plan at the time and had more options for private golf business.

Reasons for Switching to foreUP

Outdated software and server crash was a big catalyst.

Colby from City of St. George

By far the best customer service experience with their support team! Easy to use software.

Pros

Easy to use. Fast for golfers and staff. Any member of our staff can check a golfer in with ease. Online tee times is very user friendly.

Cons

Wish I could have a feature to allow me to see reports for all 4 courses we manage, instead of having to log in individually. Also wish their was a report to do comparisons year over year.

Response from foreUP

Replied December 2017

Hi Colby, thank you so much for your review. First of all, we are always thrilled to hear that our software and support teams are providing a good, easy to use experience. It's nice to know we are hitting the mark in those areas, especially where you're managing multiple courses. For reporting, we definitely see the value of aggregate analytics. We're actually able to aggregate some of your reports to see shared course data. Perhaps you're referring to something more advanced, but I'm going to have someone reach out to you to see if they can help. However, for the year over year reporting, you should definitely be able to see year-over-year analytics. Again, I'm going to have someone reach out to you today to take a look at it and see if we can't help you navigate your reporting to see the #s you need. Thank you so much for being such a valuable customer. Your feedback is critical to our growth, and we're lucky to have you! ~the foreUP Team

Michelle from Quail Crossing Golf Course

Perfect for our Course and F&B business!

I love the marketing module and being able to use both text and email as a way to contact my customers.

Pros

Due to the system being cloud based, upgrades and enhancements are in real time. I love being able to pull reporting remotely and check on sales/revenue.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to add retail items onto a F&B sale.

Reasons for Choosing foreUP

We were impressed with ForeUp from the start.

Reasons for Switching to foreUP

I wanted something cloud based

Grant from Florissant Golf Club

Fantastic. Easy to use, easy to learn, and an incredibly responsive and helpful Support Team.

Pros

Responsive and helpful support team. Overall FANTASTIC customer service. The most important functions (tee-sheet and sales screen) work consistently and quickly. Straightforward interface that is easy to learn. Regular updates to the software.

Cons

Some features are a little limited. One or two of the updates ended up being a downgrade in quality.

Response from foreUP

Replied November 2017

Hi Grant, thank you so much for leaving a review! We're so happy to hear about your overall experience with foreUP. I spoke to our Product Owner and he had some interesting insight in regard to the updates that resulted in limited functionality¿which I'm sorry to hear you've experienced¿that you'll find useful. We're going to shoot you an email, or we'd love to jump on the phone if that's best for you. Our goal is to provide one simple software that does everything you need it to in order to streamline your operations, and your feedback is so valuable. Thank you, again! Time is a precious thing, and we're so grateful you took some of yours to leave us a review. ~Amy at foreUP

Implementing foreUP at 9 Golf Courses

Overall, the implementation went well, given that it occurred in a very short timeframe and our foreUP account manager changed part of the way through the implementation process. (Our first course went live on the system in November and the other 8 courses went live in January and February!) The training was done virtually, which worked, but many of our staff probably would have preferred more traditional onsite training, which was not in our budget. But our foreUP account manager went above and beyond to conduct multiple training sessions, even over the same topics if needed, to insure that everyone had the opportunity to participate, ask questions, etc. Likewise, we still have regular monthly sessions to give staff the opportunity to bring up issues or ask questions in order to insure that everyone is using the software as efficiently and effectively as possible.

Pros

The fact that the software is web based was one of the key factors in choosing it. It is nice not having to worry about purchasing, maintaining and supporting servers in rural areas. Also, the ability to move back to an integrated credit card payment process was the biggest key factor.

Cons

There is currently no interface to the gift card system we use, so that still remains a separate/standalone process. Also, there is currently no interface to any property management systems, so we don't have the ability to charge golf course purchases back to our guests' lodge rooms at the park any longer (which we had with the previous system). Lastly, I understand it is in development, but the ability to track sales related to multiple promotions or percentage off coupons is not available.

Kyle from Rolling Hills Golf Club

Seamless transition from our old POS software, and staff training has been incredibly simple.

Time savings, excellent value for money, high ROI and a very valuable customer service tool.

Pros

Interactive, intuitive software. Older staff can pick up the software quickly and with relative ease, and younger staff take nearly no time at all as the interfaces are reminiscent of the Google and Apple OS. The cloud-based model provides me with 24/7 access to critical operational data, no matter where I am or what task I'm involved with. Last but not least, the mobile version of the site is one of the easier to navigate and operate, and lets face it, our phone is where we spend a lot of our time and where we do more and more of our work.

Cons

Some of the report features make it difficult to extract the information I want at times. I would like some more common-sense reports related to monthly and annual rounds tracking.

Dave from CommonGround Golf Course

Love ForeUp

ForeUp is a complete cloud-based POS, Tee Sheet, and Marketing product that has revolutionized our business. Being able to run and manage my business from anywhere at any time has maximized my efficiency. The support team is awesome and is quick to respond and help fix any issues we have. They are constantly improving the product and listen to the wants and needs of their customers.

Pros

I love the fact that ForeUp is cloud-based. I also love that it is an all in one solution to manage our golf course. With a POS, a Tee Sheet, a F&B module and a Marketing platform I couldn't be happier.

Cons

I am completely happy with ForeUp and I can't think of anything that I don't like.

Reasons for Switching to foreUP

The vendor was being bought out by GolfNow and were requiring us to do trade times in order to use their software. Also it was not a cloud based system.

Daily Usage

Pros

The features offered out preformed are old software when we switched companies. Very user-friendly and their support team provides quick answers.

Cons

The only thing I pointed out to the support team when I want to compare sales LY vs. TL I couldn't print the format depicting the information. I had to export to excel each year's information to view the comparison.

Reasons for Switching to foreUP

New owners are using the foreup program in their other operations and changing would provide continuity.

Lisa from New Era Golf

Navigational Ease

There are many benefits. When collecting and applying payments for future events is a small portion of the overall job description it need to be fast and comprehensive and this program fixes those potentially problematic area. Reconciling is typically during an event and the least amount of time spent on the accounting portion is more attention for the external and internal people.

Pros

I like that it navigates well, researching clients and applying payments and reconciling accounts. The ease of creating reports. The ease of repairing errant spelling/listings etc.

Cons

There is a preferred way to put the clients in to group the outings/events/wedding receptions by event type, property and date and it is sometimes difficult to remember what portion goes in what field - ie: the event name in the first name field and the property and date in the last name field.

Sean from Rolling Hills Golf Course

I have been using ForeUp Software for our POS system at Rolling Hills for going on our third season.

Peace of Mind.

Pros

The thing I like the most about ForeUp software is two fold : 1) The software is so user friendly it very easy to ulitize the program to do what ever you need it to do, whether its track rounds,customer purchases or block the tee sheet for a tournament months in advance. 2) The second and maybe most important is that friendly staff at ForeUp that always seem to be able to find a solution to what ever problem may arise and the update are always spot on what I am looking for the POS system to do.

Cons

Too be honest there isn't much that I don't like about the ForeUp software. The things i would say I like the least are sometimes the loading screen from the tee sheet to sales take awhile but it honestly could be our internet connection.

Matt from Tamer Win Golf & Country Club

We've been with ForeUp for a few season now. The product continues to improve every time we use it.

Pros

The software is easy to use and doesn't require a lot of hands on training. We have a number of employees that do not necessarily play golf that are able to understand and operate the software effectively. Updates seems to be well thought out and executed. I like the ability to review all departments in our operation and keep tabs on what we are spending and making. Nice security features too.

Cons

ForeUp has experienced some growing pains. We suffered through the "Great Printer Fiasco" two seasons ago. Occasionally, updates get pushed through at really bad times for us on the east coast. We're up and running by 6AM daily during our season and we've experienced a few situations that we couldn't operate the software smoothly.

Travis from Rice Lake Golf & Country Club

Rice Lake Golf & Country Club

Our experience has been nothing short of fantastic from the original sales pitch, to setup, implementation, training, on-boarding and putting the product into our daily work function. I have been extremely pleased with the software and how it fits our needs perfectly.

Pros

The customer database and Marketing platform has been a vast improvement to previous models used. It's simple and effective!

Cons

Only having the ability to have (3) inventory item category buttons on the sales screen is not ideal. With the amount of items we have in our system, we end up scrolling down often to select sales items.

Reasons for Choosing foreUP

We were able to get basically the same functionality of the others we looked at, at a fraction of the cost. The daily trade tee time that covers the operating costs of ForeUP is the most cost effective solution for us.

Reasons for Switching to foreUP

We made the switch so we could have the ability to have tee sheet, point of sale, marketing, customer database and billing all under one platform.

Shawn from CSC Golf Management

The software is ok for very basic operations of a golf course.

It is a good cloud based software that many courses could probably use and be happy with. As an advanced operator, it has some lacking features still. The support team is good at listening to the issues and there have been small features added since I started using the software 8 months ago.

Pros

It is an affordable tee sheet and pos software for startup golf courses or for courses that don't want a lot of the fancy tools. The reporting is nice and clean. The new marketing suite (when it works) have great templates.

Cons

As being a very focused on tee sheet management and revenue driving activities there are many functions that are lacking to perform my job at the highest level. In order to use email marketing to its fullest potential, you have to be able to segment your database in numerous ways. I cannot send a last minute special out for just our closest zip codes, I cannot send out defector emails for people that have not played in 30,60 or 90 days, I cannot send out emails to a group that played in a specific time frame to invite them back and worst of all, I cannot even remove my card holders from the massive list so I have to be very careful with my offers as they will get the same ones. why have an email limit if I can't segment my golfer? Rain check platform is perfect, except for dealing with tee sheet driven pricing like golfnow. I use dynamic pricing and would have to have every single dollar amount available for selection, I would need a golfnow fee, that is horrible. The discounting in the food and beverage model could not be more inefficient. My staff cannot add a discount at the time of order (if we were a snack bar window, that would work). When you reduce the amount of players on a tee time it does not change the area that is blocked off! The booking engine is not user friendly. Authorizing a dollar to hold a credit card is a pain, why can't it be algorithm based to verify the number? Let me take a bad credit card number and hold securely.

Response from foreUP

Replied October 2018

You're correct, at this time our marketing's limited to basic segmentation, but we're working to provide the means to send emails to the requested segments. Right now, you can go to your customer module, use the advanced filtering tool & click the "send to marketing" option in the bottom right corner. You have access to over 20+ filters that'll help you get some of the segments you're looking for. We're working closely with our F&B operations to ensure by the end of the year, our Food & Beverage module is where it needs to be to help operations like yours be more efficient. I'll make the product team aware of your needs & have them reach out to you. Lastly, we're happy to let you know that the tee sheet has the feature that allows for tee time adjusting, per your feedback. If you'd like further assistance or want to provide more feedback, our Product & Account Management teams can reach out & get you up to speed on what's coming, & what new features exist. Thank you Shawn

Maria from RIO PINAR GOLF CLUB

Fore up review

Pros

I think that its Easy to use even to new employees.

Cons

The reports are not that easy to work, its kind of hard to find what we need.

Steven from The Majestic GC

Fore UP Software Review

I was on the fence between Fore UP and another company before choosing Fore UP. After one year of use, I have no desire to look at another system. I am very excited to grow with Fore UP and to continue to modify this system to fit my particular needs both on the daily register functions and the behind the scenes managerial portion.

Pros

Easy to implement. My staff of about 60 employees picked it up right away, transition was much smoother than expected.

Cons

Some of the reports that I was used to in my old software were not available in this one. Having said that, Fore UP has worked very well with me to re-create a similar report.

Reasons for Choosing foreUP

Comfort with the product, sales team and training of Fore UP. Also, the ability to access the software in the cloud was very important in making this decision. Fore UP provided that.

Reasons for Switching to foreUP

Previous software was outdated, we needed a more modern system to interact with customers online.

James from Black Swan Country Club

Implementing our online booking process to match our policies

My experience is always good with 4up. They are professional and helpful.

Pros

I liked it's functionality. Being able to go in and set our tee sheet up to match everything we do is huge. Having online booking frees us up to do everything else we do in the golf shop.

Cons

I think my issues are being taken seriously. It doesn't look good when we say we don't allow 9 hole rounds weekend mornings when customers are allowed to book on our website and we can't change it. Hence we end up letting these players play nine anyway. Thanks for working with us to remedy these important issues

Reasons for Choosing foreUP

It was here when I became Manager.

Scott from Flint Golf Club

Flint Golf CLub

Overall this product for the money is a great value. Does need to work out some bugs as far as food and beverage and accounting is concerned.

Pros

POS System in the golf shop as well as the tee sheet

Cons

POS in the F&B needs to be upgraded in order to be user friendly. Certain features tiered toward private country clubs for admin purposes. (pre-paid food and pre-paid carts)

Response from foreUP

Replied August 2020

Thank you for your feedback! We are always looking to improve the software. Our product team will reassess the features, and your Account Manager will follow up with you once it is complete. Again, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

Aaron from Arrowood golf course

Foreup review

Great service, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is great very responsive, just starting to work with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on future upgrades. Very good customer service

Pros

I have been working with this software for a while now, there is a lot to offer from Foreup. They work with us to find out what we are looking for as a business. Lots of things we ask about are functions they already have in place, some are not already in place and they do their best to try to make it work for us or find an alternative solution.

Cons

Coming from a corporate retail background, there is a lot of loss prevention tools that I would like to see upgraded.

Reasons for Switching to foreUP

Saturation within the software, inaccurate data collection

David from City of San Diego

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Very intuitive, packed full of features you actually want and fantastic support.

ForeUP is fun to use, as efficient or better than most. The support staff is attentive, courteous and always ready to help. The best part about ForeUP is their willingness to listen and get feedback from customers on ways to improve and for features people would like to see.

Pros

This software flows nicely from reservations through check out. It is simple to use and full of great features.

Cons

during peak times, it can feel that there are too many steps to complete the process of checking people in and completing the sale. It would be nice to have the option of a split screen with tee sheet and sales screen.

Mike from Airport Golf Club

Easy to use, great support

The benifits of use are the ability to keep better track of our members and punch card users and make better use of the tee sheet by making it easier for players to get tee times

Pros

The tee sheet, it is easy to use and allows us to keep better track of our day and revenue. The inventory mod is easy to use and again gives us what we need to keep track of what sells and what we might need.

Cons

The passes portion of the software. It is hard to update and the beginning of the year and I wish that it integrated a bit bit better with the tee sheet.

Richard from RHGC

Have not gone live yet

Pros

Seems easier than Ezlink which I've used over 9 years. Appears some things in foreUP might be better than ezlink, but again we have not gone live.

Cons

It would have nice to have someone from foreUP actually show up at the golf course and load the programs and provide hands-on training. Instead, we have to figure out how to work the program from videos and a support person who does not always get back to you when needed, hence this is why we are not live yet.

Response from foreUP

Replied February 2019

Hi Richard, It seems that your review got buried and was never responded to, please forgive us! I hope you were able to get the support you needed, after leaving your review. It's true that we don't provide onsite training in most circumstances, but your poor on-boarding experience is not the norm and I apologize sincerely. If you happen to see this, please feel free to reach out to me at amy@foreUP.com. I'd be very interested to hear about your experience so we can prevent it from happening to another course and ensure that your interactions with our software and our team have taken a more positive turn. Changing software is always a daunting task, and it should always be our team's goal to make it as painless as possible. We usually get very good feedback on this topic, so I'm especially sorry about your experience (and that this review was overlooked!) -Amy at foreUP

Lloyd from Silver Creek & Bison Golf Clubs

Foreup Software Review

Overall excellent / The Foreup people do their best to meet your Software needs

Pros

Ease of use/ Easy to train / Foreup has nice people to assist

Cons

Marketing system software is not quite ready for prime-time

Reasons for Choosing foreUP

Cloud based system - no Servers etc / easily accessed from multiple terminals / Small enough company to get personal response to questions or issues

Reasons for Switching to foreUP

Golf now is in the discount tee time business and we did not want to follow their lead

Nick from Hawk's Landing CC

Change for the better

Pros

Ease of use. Very user friendly. Even non computer types can work this program. Much easier to navigate than our former program. Best move I've made since being at HL.

Cons

The customer balance is very cumbersome. Other than that, all is good.

Reasons for Choosing foreUP

Again, ease of use. The other company was in Canada, so that had a little to do with it, but Fore Up was our number 1 choice all along.

Reasons for Switching to foreUP

Liked how easy the tee sheet was to navigate.

Scott from Bethpage State Park

What can I say?!

Since starting using foreUp, we have been able to optimize the tee times that get sold; be it online or golfers using the IVR. If you are thinking about switching or in the process of getting a new POS software, foreUp is the way to go. You will not be disappointed.

Pros

From the beginning, foreUp has been wonderful to use. I have have used many POS systems and this is one of the easiest. From setup to design to use, use, it has been fantastic. We have 5 courses and we have been able to setup the system to suit our needs.

Cons

After 10 months of using it, I do not think I have any thing that I do not like in this software.

Response from foreUP

Replied February 2019

Thank you, Scott! It can be tricky to create a tool that's highly user-friendly, but powerful enough to run a multi-course operation effectively. We're so glad you're finding such success, and grateful to be working with you.