Browse TeacherEase Reviews

Review from Teacher

Pros

-you can make folders by subject -generates report cards -take attendance -can input grades by percentage or fraction -super organized -all info is in one place -family contact info

Cons

none at all, i have been using this for 7 years and LOVE it. everything is clearly laid out and organized. all people have access to the sight and you can see all students in your school.

LaShawn from JE-NEIR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL

TeacherEase

My overall experience with TeacherEase has been a positive one.

Pros

The feature the I like the most about TeacherEase is the ability to locate and assess the different menus that I need to perform my job.

Cons

One of the things that I do not like about TeacherEase is its inability to talk to other programs we use in the district.

The cost.

Reasons for Switching to TeacherEase

Lumen did not provide all the features we need as a school district.

Response from Common Goal Systems

Replied November 2020

I am happy that you like the ease of navigating our system. We have opened TeacherEase for data integration with other platforms and have development plans to increase integration in the near future. Feel free to email us at support@common-goal.com to discuss your data integration needs.

Meher from IOK

Robust software allowing you to do all the admin and teacher things needed to reach students/parents

A very savvy technology immersed individual will probably take one full week of using this software to really learn how to use it. So for parents, its going to be tough since they wont be spending too much time on it. For teachers, it will take a week or so, so best to get started before your kids come into the room. For Admins, it will take all year. The features are endless. but great one stop shop for all your student and teacher related data.

Pros

Its got all the little functions teachers and admins need to keep track of student related matters -- grades, home work, upcoming assignments, field trips, notes, behavior, tardies, attendance, fees, tuition, ALL the things.

Cons

Its a bit clunky and ugly looking -- but thats on the spectrum of very low importance -- nothing to make me stop using this software in anyway. However, because its clunky, theres a bit of a learning curve. You need to practice and practice to make sure you know what you're doing with confidence.

Response from Common Goal Systems

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your feedback. As a cloud provider that regularly adds capabilities, we continue to strive to update the user experience with ease of in mind. For teachers, I suggest your team leverage the Help with the hundreds of knowledge base articles. In addition, there is the Instructor Video Series in the Help that is a great resource for both new teachers and refresher for new tips for current users. Thanks again from the TeacherEase team.

Luai from Al-Mamoor School

Mediocre at everything, Awful at some things. Financially Shady

My Story & why we'll never return: After paying for the coming school year, we then decided that we would like to cancel our subscription & move onto another SIS. Teacherease refused to refund our check, despite the fact that we requested the refund on July 15, nearly two months before our school year began. As time went on, they did not respond to my calls and emails. I would actually call the technical support department and explain my situation to tech support. That's the only way I managed to get someone on the phone. They kept saying escalating the issue for over a month until they finally escalated it to the president of the company (whyyy?? It's just a basic refund???), who, surprise surprise, never reached out to me or responded to my calls and emails. We're in the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic and every private school is struggling to stay afloat. Yet, Teacherease chose this time to basically steal from private schools like mine. Thousands of dollars just gone, and the Teacherease staff are not responding to our calls. It's so disappointing.

Pros

The gradebook is the redeeming quality of this software. It's pretty easy to use and visually appealing. Everything else about teacherease is not user-friendly and limited in capacity.

Cons

The software is not user-friendly: it takes quite a few clicks to get wherever you want to go. Customer service takes forever: normal wait time is about 10-15 minutes. Other companies are near instant. Not very customizable: There's not much functionality build into the website unfortunately. It's very limited in its capacity. It's most costly than you think: If you want to build a fully online SIS for your school, you'll need some functionality, like a central attendance system, many of which are cost extra per year. Honestly just do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere. This company is not to be taken seriously.

Reasons for Choosing TeacherEase

I didn't. My school was using teacherease for a few years before I was hired as the vice principal.

Allison from St. Francis Xavier School

Hugh TeacherEase Fan

This has been a wonderful company to work with. Their customer service has been wonderful. Our report card/gradebook process has greatly been simplified.

Pros

The company has been amazing to work with. They helped us customize our report cards and gradebook to fit our exact needs. This software has been wonderful to use. The teachers have an easy time entering grades and assignments. The parents are now able to view thier student's grades and download their report cards. We have even stopped sending home paper copies!

Cons

There are a few too many steps to switch from trimester to another. Now that I have been using it for a few years, the process has become more routine.

Karen from Hiawatha CUSD #426

Long time user

As I said above I have used, oversaw the initial set up and training, back in 2009. A number of years ago we switched our school grade levels from K-8 and 9-12 to K-5 and 6-12. We were able to make the change easily and did it fairly quickly with some opening support.

Pros

We like that it is web-based/hosted. We do not need to worry about updates, hardware, etc. they are done for us. Being from a very small school we did not have the manpower to devote an employee specifically to only our student management system. When I looked at this product I was the only technology person in the district. The quality of their support made me feel like I had a partner helping me. I think the logical layout of using the software makes it user friendly. I knew that if I contacted support I would get an accurate answer. I never feel like I'm just being pushed along. I think that their reports are easy to use especially if you are the ISBE SIS person for your district. The uploads to the state Student Management System couldn't be easier. I have used this TeacherEase since the 2009/2010 school year.

Cons

As I mentioned, we are a small school and somewhat unique but it would make our jobs so much less stressful if there was a way to run labels, envelopes, etc by family. We have two databases - one for the elementary and one for the Jr/Sr High school. We can't run addresses or labels for each family - allowing us to "group" families together when mailing items. I wish there was more training when the state comes out with new requirements. On a number of occasions I have called with a support issue and I'm pointing out the errors to the support people. My biggest item that I wish it had was a log of who did what. If someone runs GPAs for example and messes up class rank - we want to know who did it.

Reasons for Choosing TeacherEase

Because of a combination of all the of the above information.

Reasons for Switching to TeacherEase

STI was going to drop the product they had. We moved up to their newer Information NOW and it was a complete nightmare. It didn't do anything that they said it would during a demo. We switched back to the version of STI that we had and immediately started looking at other vendors. When we called CommonGoal we explained what we needed to see and hear. They sent out a salesperson and a tech person. They listened and impressively when we asked, "Can it do A, B and C?" they not only answered us but they showed us. At one point we even told them about something that STI had that they didn't and we would really miss it. They agreed that it sounded like something they thought their customers would like. They went back to the office and before we ever made a purchasing decision they had implemented that particular upgrade. THEY LISTENED TO WHAT WE NEEDED. That sold us on the product and the people behind it.

Mary from Prairie Hill School District #133

WMS WEIGHS IN

I will say that after 5 years of using the program, it has become second nature. I have long forgotten the things that were the most irrational to me when the journey began. For the most part It is now easy for me to navigate in Teacherease/Common Goal, but that ease was aquired over time.

Pros

1.) The ease of integration with the other school in the district 2.) The tab format in the single student window puts all information at a glance. 3.) The basic format of the program makes it easy to navigate in.

Cons

1.)There are small improvements that are often requested but never addressed. (i.g. Creating a toggle switch for attendance email list so that you don't have to manually uncheck them all every day). 2.) Although the tech support is generally helpful, the wait time has been as long as 90 minutes in the past. There seems to be a turnover of employees that leaves you many times with them "getting back to you". Even though the Knowledge Base is available, a personal conversation settles the matter much more effectively when you have to do 6 things at once. 3.) There is an issue with searching out course sections to copy the learning targets to other sections. We have inquired about this twice now with no resolve. 4.) The same color appears for each school and district. It would be nice to see different colors used for the separarte entities. I not only work at the Middle School, but have to do all the state reporting which requires going back and forth from district to school level and from school to school.

Reasons for Choosing TeacherEase

We are a small district and could not justify the price of Skyward.

Reasons for Switching to TeacherEase

We wanted the option of parents being able to view their child's grades and information as well as pay online. At that same time we were transitioning from traditional grades to standard grades. The general consensus was that Commongoal offered a better format for working with standards based grading.

Lauren from Gardner Grade School

Excellent Customer Service

It has been a wonderful experience. The company has gone above and beyond to help us set up different aspects of the software to meet our needs.

Pros

the customer service is excellent. I have always been able to get ahold of support to help me with any questions or issues in a timely manner. They are always friendly and supportive.

Cons

Sometimes support does take a while to get through to, but that is to be expected during COVID times. This is not necessarily a con.

Reasons for Switching to TeacherEase

We were unable to create reports within Powerschool easily. We needed a product that was better suited for our district.

Response from Common Goal Systems

Replied November 2020

I am glad to read about your positive experience with our support team. We are adding headcount to improve answer times while providing the same high level you expect of us. Feel free to email us any questions at support@common-goal.com

Lana from Huntley High School

Competency Based Education

TeacherEase was easy to learn, and I usually struggle with new programs. The people we work with are friendly and patient!

Pros

I like being able to add comments right on the assignment grade for students to see. And parents can see the comments, too. I also appreciate the ability to email students and parents directly from the gradebook so I don't have to leave the program.

Cons

We had trouble linking our rosters with TeacherEase this fall, but that was on the part of our tech office, not the gradebook.

Reasons for Switching to TeacherEase

Motivis was hard to use. I lost material often. And it was not actually a gradebook which we absolutely needed from the product.

Response from Common Goal Systems

Replied November 2020

I'm glad you like the communications features of our TeacherEase gradebook. I'm gld we sorted out the data integration issues with your SIS and Clever. Feel free to email us at support@common-goal.com for any questions.

Jennifer from Lostant School CUSD #425

Insight Financials

Pros

I love the ease of use and the customer service is outstanding. I love that all updates are done automatically.

Cons

Not able to print screen unless it's a report

Reasons for Choosing TeacherEase

The price and we have heard that the other program was very difficult to use.

Reasons for Switching to TeacherEase

Chalkable was going out of business

Bethanie from Cissna Park Schools

Student Management System

Customer support is great, even during busy times. I like it.

Pros

Teacherease is a product that we, as a small school, use every day. It doesn't give us too much or too little. It does what we need without the fluff. It is effective. I like the simplicity of what we have to do in the program for our school

Cons

The only thing I don't like about the program is that there is not enough of a notification if you move from one academic year to the next other than a little toggle switch. I wish they would change the background color or the font color for every year.

Reasons for Choosing TeacherEase

We felt like it matched our small school needs. In addition, it seemed easy to implement and was cost effective.

Reasons for Switching to TeacherEase

We went to a Windows based, less expensive option.

Jeanne from District 96

Excellent Standards-Based Grading System

They are typically very responsive when we need support and have included many updates we have asked for over the years.

Pros

This is one of a few grading programs that actually allow standards-based grading to be entered into the system in a logical and meaningful way.

Cons

Some of the coding needs to be updated. There are very outdated systems still in place within the program.

Reasons for Choosing TeacherEase

It was simple to use and had what we needed to match the way we grade.

Reasons for Switching to TeacherEase

PowerSchool could not provide the same level of standards-based grading that TeacherEase does.

Response from Common Goal Systems

Replied November 2020

Thank you for your feedback on our industry-leading standards-based learning tools. We take great pride in going the extra mile building capabilities based on the research while listening to user input on workflow usability. To that end, we do have the classic tech company challenge of adding new code. It is never-ending to keep up with the latest. Fortunately, as a cloud provider, we provide updates every week to the product based on feedback from our clients. If you haven't yet, feel free to provide feedback from the menu at Help > Feedback for your requests. Alternatively, you can reach out to customer support at support@common-goal.com. Thanks again!!!

Michelle from JFK School

Teacherease use in a school

Overall, I am very happy with the ease and functionality of TeacherEase. I would recommend it for any school that is looking for a management system.

Pros

Teacherease is easy to use. It has many great features and is always updating to meet the school's needs as it pertains to state reports and requirements. They did a great job of adapting when COVID hit and completely changed the daily functions and operations of the school setting. Another strong feature is the communication ease with families.

Cons

There are some limitations with reports. Users are the best input for what could be helpful and our input is always accepted. However, sometimes they change things and it isn't always for the better.

Kris from Huntley High School

TeacherEase User

I find it relatively easy to use. I would love an assignment view. Currently the only view is from the standpoint of competencies.

Pros

It is easy to navigate through assignments, students, and competencies.

Cons

Our use is slightly different than others. It has been a bit of challenge to get the product set up the way we want it. This is mostly in grade calculation.

Reasons for Choosing TeacherEase

We started out with Motivus. It was not a user friendly product. It had too many limitations. Setup was extremely difficult.

Response from Common Goal Systems

Replied October 2020

Thank you for your review. We love your unique use of TeacherEase since you are a CBE school. We strive to be the leader in CBE and standards-based learning. Your calculation methods are not your typical recommended SBL/CBE mathematical models such as Power Law, Decaying Weight, Mode/Median/Average of Recent Scores and more that are out-of-the-box with TeacherEase. To address your complex needs (and others with very specific calculation requirements), we enhanced our standards-based grading with logic-rules and more grade calculation options - https://www.teacherease.com/app/news/article/Logic-Rules-for-Grade-Calculation-in-Competency-based-Education-CBE As for the assignment view, you can see it by going to Gradebook > Assignments. Feel free to contact support at support@common-goal.com to help you with that feature. Thanks again!

Laura from Je-Neir Elementary School

I like TeacherEase!

I've used it exclusively through my school setting so I'm not sure how it would work outside of the education realm. I do feel it works well in a school and would recommend it to others to use.

Pros

Once I learned the ins and outs of the program it became very easy to use. I like that you can have the icons right on the main screen for quick access. I also like how the gradebook automatically calculates the child's overall scores for their report card. This is especially nice since we are using Standard Based Grades. In our previous program, we had to do it ourselves. Overall, I feel like the program is user friendly and with a little training easy to navigate.

Cons

I wish there was a way of tracking whether a parent is seeing our emails. I wish there was a time or date stamp to see when the parent looked at the email we sent. It would also be nice to be able to delay a message being sent for the future. Being a teacher using this, sometimes I forget to send an email when I need to and it would be nice to write it up when I am thinking about it and set it to send out later.

Megan from Putnam County CUSD #535

Teacherease User Friendly

It makes it easier to do state reports. It also is great that we can use 1 system for lunch, attendance and schedules. The tech support team is great to work with.

Pros

We love Teacherease in our district. It is user friendly and any school level can use it. I especially like that I can export the data from Teacherease to upload to the State Student Identification System (SIS). This capability has made my job so much easier. I usually get a quick response from the support team if we have an issue or questions.

Cons

I do wish it would keep track of our local student ID numbers so that we don't accidentally reuse a number that a student who has moved had.

Reasons for Switching to TeacherEase

The teachers had been using the gradebook portion of Teacherease and it just made sense to which all of our student information over to use one system.

Response from Common Goal Systems

Replied November 2020

I am so glad you use our direct upload to SIS feature. TeacherEase has a built in feature to autogenerate unique student numbers feature with an options to keep numbers unique across all academic years. Feel free to contact us at support@common-goal.com for help setting it up.

Valarie from St. Anne Grade School

TeacherEase

Pros

I think this software is user friendly, I use this as a admim, and also as a parent. Very easy to get around.

Cons

I do wish there was a teacherease manual, I like to see things on paper still.

Response from Common Goal Systems

Replied November 2020

I am glad you can use the admin and parent portals successfully in TeacherEase. In the past year we have expanded our Knowledge Base articles (Main > Help > Knowledge Base) to include answers to the frequently asked questions, and are working on more documentations as well. Feel free to email us any documentation needs at support@common-goal.com

Jennifer from Dimmick Consolidated School District #175

We have used TeacherEase for many years. As I stated, we do enjoy using the features that work for our school district, but navigating around needs to be simplified, there is just way to much clicking around. I have also noticed that customer service used to be hands down the fastest and best service, but lately they have been far from. We have waited anywhere from 15 to 50 minutes to speak to support. The people that we have spoke to continue to be very knowledgeable and understanding but one representative in particular may need to put his "advance knowledge" behind him and try to actually listen to the customer first without belittling our questions and cutting us off when we are trying to explain our needs. We have high hopes for the upcoming year, and hope that the wait times for support, (in time) get better. Thank you for all that you do to help our school district and other school districts.

Pros

We do enjoy using the features that work for our school district.

Cons

Having a lot of options is great, but navigating around should be simplified.

Jason from Itasca 10

Teacherease Pro & Con

Great experience and cost effective for all users

Pros

Superior customer support and help desk with topics to be researched without calling a representative, seamless student information management that has evolved as user needs evolve

Cons

Inability to use certain features across all devices

Reasons for Choosing TeacherEase

Best value for our school size

Tiffany from WALTHAM ELEMENTARY SCHOOL

Teacherease

Overall, things have been great, very smooth transition and the updates are wonderful!

Pros

Once setup, the software is very user friendly. I have been using this software for about 14 years and I like many of the features. They try to keep updating things that are needed for reporting etc. The custom reports feature comes in very handy depending on what you are looking to accomplish.

Cons

I think the on-line registration could be improved and the fee portion when you have fees that rollover from the previous year.

Reasons for Choosing TeacherEase

Pricing and word of mouth by other districts helped make our decision to switch to Teacherease.

Reasons for Switching to TeacherEase

STI was slowly fading out of the student software business.

Janette from West Hawaii Complex Area

Standards-based Grading Platform

Great product with very responsive staff to provide assistance.

Pros

I have been impressed with the development of the standards-based grading platform in Teacherease. As a high school principal at a school that implemented standards-based grading, finding an electronic grade book that accurately reflected instruction and assessment was almost non-existent. This function has been such an asset.

Cons

Initially, it took some time for the system to "catch up" with our needs. The standards-based grading platform was not as well developed as it is now and we had to create work arounds to make it work. No complaints now.

Reasons for Choosing TeacherEase

Much better functions and ease of using the program

Reasons for Switching to TeacherEase

Actually switched to Otis from Teacherease because of standards-based grading. When Teacherease offered the full menu of standards-based grading functions, we switched back.

Response from Common Goal Systems

Replied November 2020

We are delighted to having you use standards-based TeacherEase gradebook. I am also glad to hear your positive experience with our support. Feel free to email us any questions at support@common-goal.com

Stella from Elwood CCSD#203

Easy to Use

TeacherEase has been great for our district. The company consistently has webinars and also has a knowledge base to help. I have truly made TeacherEase my skill set.

Pros

This software is easy to use and is parent/student friendly. I also like the fact that when there is a problem, talking to customer support is amazing. TeacherEase backs its product.

Cons

Updates are not always noticeable until you get an error message for completely something one way and it has been changed.

Reasons for Choosing TeacherEase

Price and standards based report cards

Response from Common Goal Systems

Replied November 2020

Thank you for relying on our products and our support to aid your TeacherEase experience. Feel free to email question or report any issues to support@common-goal.com

Jeff from I-KAN Regional Office of Education

Fulfills the Needs of smaller schools well

Relatively easy to set up and transition from year to year it not complicated. Support has been good and they typically respond in a timely manner. There were times that tickets seemed to fall between the cracks, and I was forced to follow up to get a resolution, however, that was an exception. They seem to be responsive to changes in the State reporting needs which was really appreciated.

Pros

The software is one of the least expensive of those we evaluated. The features are pretty straight forward, with not a lot of frills. If you don't need a Cadillac, this is a good option.

Cons

As a safe school, students do not follow semesters or quarters. Classes are up to 6 weeks and if they get done sooner, then they get the next class. TeacherEase was unable to really accommodate this well, and we have to play some games to get around it. We totally recognize this is not a problem many other institutions would have.

Reasons for Switching to TeacherEase

The desire to move to a hosted option and the cost for renewal was cost prohibitive.

Julie from NOVA Middle School

TeacherEase works for us

I have been extremely happy and grateful for the support staff who help us with the system.

Pros

It provides for our needs. We are able to record grades, attendance, and medical information.

Cons

Sometimes not as flexible as our needs change.

Reasons for Choosing TeacherEase

We knew the pros and cons of the system and felt it was a better fit for us at this time.

Reasons for Switching to TeacherEase

We switched for one year to Alma and then returned to TeacherEase. Alma was not as responsive to our needs.

Response from Common Goal Systems

Replied November 2020

We're glad to have you back! Please feel free to reach out to support@common-goal.com with any question.

Jackie from Elim Christian School

Using TeacherEase

Overall I have been pleased.

Pros

I like having the gradebook, report cards, lesson plans all in one place.

Cons

I do not like how when I'm inputting lessons plans if I leave it times out and I loose my lesson plan and have to start over.

Response from Common Goal Systems

Replied November 2020

I am so glad you like the grade book tools in one place. As for time out, you can change the default timeout time of 65 minutes to wait before automatically logging out by go to Account > My Account and edit in the general settings. For any other questions, feel free to contact us at support@common-goal.com

Laura from PAEC Academy

TeacherEase

I would say it has mostly been a positive experience. Support is great!

Pros

It is fairly simple to navigate. We use it for many things such as: attendance, student demographics, registration, report cards, etc. Really nice that all of these things are on one site.

Cons

Not always clear how to edit certain sections.

Reasons for Choosing TeacherEase

It was chosen by the Director

Response from Common Goal Systems

Replied November 2020

Thank you for your positive feedback of SchoolInsight. Feel free to email us any questions and training needs at support@common-goal.com.

amy from chicago public schools

Teacher Review of TeacherEase

One benefit I have discovered is the parent communication log. No more tracking emails and phone calls on my own, I do it all through TeacherEase!

Pros

I have been using TeacherEase for about 5 years and it is so simple! I use it not only to grade, but take attendance, lunch count, and communicate with parents. I love the report features and how easy it is to track data.

Cons

Every so often the TeacherEase system will be "down" and it can be inconvenient.

Susan from WESD #185

Teacherease

Being an elementary school, we've discovered an abundance of exciting things we can do with Teacherease which made online registration even easier this year.

Pros

Online Registration and Attendance features work are extremely easy to set up and use.

Cons

Online Registration: when you create a field, it doesn't carry over to the main demographics. You have to create a new report.

Reasons for Switching to TeacherEase

I wasn't part of the decision making process.

Connor from Self employed

Best grade book and teaching system

Excellent!!!!!!! Makes our lives so much easier! Thank you!!!

Pros

I love teacherease! It literally does what’s in the name: makes it easy teachers. Many people in my district use this software to achieve easy standardized grading systems and lesson plan making!

Cons

Can lag at times. Other than that though, great software I recommend for anyone in the education field.

Egan from Behavior Disorder Program

Easy Management

I have had very positive experiences with TeacherEase. Their customer service is very helpful and always is successful for me.

Pros

I do like the fact that I can track all kinds of data within each student. Grading, Attendance, Contact information and much more.

Cons

Setting up for the year is always difficult for me.

Reasons for Choosing TeacherEase

My administrative districts used this program.

Amanda from THE VILLAGE SCHOOL OF NORTH BENNINGTON

Teacher Ease great SIS for small schools

It was easy for our admin, tech, and teachers to use. Who can say that?

Pros

I like how easy it is to use, very similar to some larger companies but at a fraction of the cost.

Cons

I really don't have any negatives at this time.

Cost

Response from Common Goal Systems

Replied November 2020

Thank you for your positive feedback about TeacherEase and how easy it is to use. Feel free to email any questions to support@common-goal.com.

Gina from St Joseph's Indian School

TeacherEase review

It is serving our needs well at this time. We are standard based in our school and it works well for that.

Pros

It meshes with Infinite Campus easily. Grading initially is easy to do.

Cons

That it does not update the rosters and personal data if a change is made in Infinite Campus. You have to manually remove old contacts from the students list if they change. When an assignment is updated (with a grade either manually or thru Google Classroom) the missing tag has to be manually removed.

Matt from St. Dennis School

Excellent SIS system

Our Diocese has adopted this program

Pros

It is very easy to use by parents. Keeping parents informed is a major plus. We now send no paper report cards home. All are available when a parent logs in.

Cons

You can only send an email to groups. You can not send to one person through the system. Texting would also be a great addition

Rachel from CCGS

Good

This is a great program and allows for tracking records as well as easy up uploading information to the state.

Pros

The help desk is always available. It is pretty user friendly.

Cons

We are a small school and could use some features that are not available.

Response from Common Goal Systems

Replied November 2020

I am glad to read about your positive support and software experiences. Feel free to email your feature requests to support@common-goal.com. Many features we built in TeacherEase come from requests reported by our customers, and we would love to study your feedback.

Tom from Rutland CCSD 230

TeacherEase review

Pros

Helps me export large state information reports

Cons

It is often difficult to find where to edit or change many pieces of information. The fact that some get locked for an entire school year because they were previously used during that same school year is frustrating.

Response from Common Goal Systems

Replied November 2020

Thank you for using our state reporting and direct upload to the state features. Please email us samples of the data that you couldn't edit to troubleshoot and fix any underlying issues.

Carolyn from Rutland Grade School

Happy!

Very satisfied

Pros

Ease of doing attendance and tracking lunches

Cons

Sometimes you have to search to find how to get where you need to go

Response from Common Goal Systems

Replied November 2020

Thank you for using our attendance and lunch modules. Feel free to email us with any system questions or training requests at support@common-goal.com

Lisa from Princeton elementary schools

Fantastic

Pros

So easy to navigate throughout the entire program for cafeteria use.

Cons

There isn’t anything negative that comes to mind.

Response from Common Goal Systems

Replied November 2020

I'm glad the TeacherEase Lunch module works so well for your school's cafeteria. Feel free to email us any questions at support@common-goal.com

Modular efficiency

Teacherease allows my school to manage all of our student data in one place.

Pros

I like the modular nature of the platform— it made it easier for our school to manage costs as we grow.

Cons

I feel that the reporting interface could be designed with more user empathy and clarity.

Shelly from District 429

Good and Bad

Pros

I find this system fairly simple to use/staightforward.

Cons

We REALLY need to be able to click on a parent's email and be able to go immediately to writing an email. It takes a long time going back and forth between TE and email.

Brett from EdAdvance

TeacherEase for a Small School

Pros

The product is easy to use, and it is very user friendly. Teachers are able to easily enter assignments and grades in addition to attendance. The parent portal is great for the families as well.

Cons

There are a lot of back end reports that we need for the state of CT that we cannot run. Additionally, TeacherEase does not support exporting data to Excel.

Jeanine from Peru ESD 124

Best Student Software

The company is always up to date with all the latest expectation and reporting requirements for our state.

Pros

Our district likes the seemless integration with student management and teacher gradebook functionality. We have been using this software since 2008 and has meet or exceeded our needs as a district. They have recently released financial software as well. It would be really nice for our district employees to have one login, using only one system. A win win for all employees!!

Cons

The white background is a little hard on the eyes if you are using they system all day.

Reasons for Choosing TeacherEase

It met our needs as a mid sized school district without all extras larger school district need. Plus there are customizable features as well.

2008

Response from Common Goal Systems

Replied November 2020

I am glad you are happy to use TeacherEase as your gradebook and students information system. Feel free to email us any questions or if you would like a demo of SchoolInsight Financials at support@common-goal.com.

Todd from Rooks Creek CCSD 425

2020 Review

Pros

Its price and ease of use for teachers, students, and parents

Cons

The setup from year to year. I miss the personalization when talking to a real person in support/

Mary from Bensenville School District 2

Teacherease

Pros

The gradebook feature and report card feature are very effective and easy to use for teachers. Our district utilizes standards-based grading model, and Teacherease supports this well. The customer support in our first year of utilization was great.

Cons

The longitudinal data anaylsis and reporting features are lacking. The inability to export assessment data makes it difficult to manipulate data since built-in reporting features are not robust and/or do not display information in a beneficial means. When an issue/glitch/product request requires support beyond our account manager, the turn-around time is very slow. The customer service provided after our first year of service dramatically dropped. The parent and student portal are not easy to navigate for parents.

Reasons for Choosing TeacherEase

It supported standards-based grading.

christine from riley ccsd 18

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Too many click to get to actual grading features

I gave it a 7 but I've used others I would give a 9 to.

Pros

Always updating and changes are easy to implement

Cons

Too many clicks to get to the actual grading page.

Bonnie from Waltham C. C. Elementary School District #185

SchoolInsight Financial Software

Good. We were assigned one support representative. The conversion went fairly well. The product is fairly new and needed some improvements, however, our support representative & development team have been very patient & responsive to suggestions for improvements. With their continued support and improvements, I am confident the financial software will measure up to our high standards.

Pros

Web-based software. SchoolInsight personnel perform all updates.

Cons

New software that needed several updates.

Reasons for Choosing TeacherEase

Cost & better fit for the small school district.

Reasons for Switching to TeacherEase

Live 7/1/2020. Ran side by side 4/1/2020 thru 6/30/2020.

Response from Common Goal Systems

Replied November 2020

Thank you for being a valuable trailblazing user and partner of our new SchoolInsight Financials system. I am glad you are happy with the level of support you are receiving. We appreciate your feedback and collaboration in making our system better. Feel free to continue to provide us your feedback at financials@common-goal.com.

David from AMG International

Gets the job done (and that's about all)

If your school uses TeacherEase, no need to implement a new system. But if you have a clean slate to work with, I recommend choosing something comparable in price but excelling far beyond in capability.

Pros

Despite the appearance on their marketing material, the software is fairly basic. This ends up being one of the assets in that once you learn the ropes, setting up grade books and calculating grades is relatively straightforward. It sure beats handwritten records or a spreadsheet. It also has a few features unique to secondary education that are pretty helpful (such as incomplete assignment calculations and missing work status designation).

Cons

However, there are so many ways that this software could be improved in terms of ease of use, utility and functionality. The fact that copying sections of the same course cannot be done without multiple clicks is a source of frustration as is the need to navigate back to the same menus over and over again without having shortcut links when completing a set up function.

Jared from Hiawatha CUSD #426

Teacher Ease Review

Solid

Pros

It was easy to use and access information.

Cons

Time it takes for needed updates based on SIS needs.

Reasons for Choosing TeacherEase

I wasn't a part of the decision at the time.

Reasons for Switching to TeacherEase

I wasn't a part of the decision to switch

Response from Common Goal Systems

Replied November 2020

Thank you for your positive review and continuous use of TeacherEase. Feel free to email us any questions to support@common-goal.com to discuss any SIS needs.

Phuong from BPCS

Worst SIS ever!

Pros

Simply UX, convenient for teachers who only use it for attendance and gradebooks. Scheduled reports can be pulled automatically via SFTP.

Cons

+ Customer services are NOT responsive. It usually takes my Account Manager 5+ days and at least one follow-up email to reply to my questions. Their phones are constantly busy - I've worked with other bigger software companies, who never let me wait for more than 3 minutes. + Some reports are available to pull to CSV, some not. Similarly, some can be saved for scheduled reports, some not. For example, there is no option to create a custom report for daily attendance, even though that's something people want to see DAILY. + Saved reports can't be edited and don't have custom fields like demographic or IEP data. + But above all, TeacherEase has NO plan to upgrade. They straight out say "we don't have that", and do not care what schools need.

Irene from Vista Del Mar Middle School

TeacherEase

The customer services is fantastic! I have always gotten a response within 24 hours or less.

Pros

As an administrator the communication feature is most helpful. I can target a message to particular students and parents or grade level. TeacherEase gives parents a progress report at their convenience. They can see their child's grade and missing assignment whenever they have the time.

Cons

Now with distance and blended learning the interface with Google classroom could be better.

Susan from DePue Unit School District #103

DePUe Schools

Ok- would like features of Skyward.

Pros

Ease of use for teachers, admin, parents, and students.

Cons

Inability to customize reports & do student self-reporting. Also would like to be able to have editable forms included for registration.

Response from Common Goal Systems

Replied November 2020

I'm glad to read that TeacherEase is easy to use for staff, parents, and students. Please email us your reporting and registration feedback. Our development plans include an upgrade to the Online Registration and we would love to read your feedback at support@common-goal.com.