All ABC Glofox Reviews

andrew

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed April 2016

I'm delighted I chose Glofox... For lots of reasons

I was just about to sign up to Mindbody when a friend pointed Glofox out to me. After carrying out a demo of the software I was very happy with how easy it was to navigate and my decision was made instantly. Since joining our bookings are up 40%, we're saving heaps of time which was previously spent doing admin and our client base is growing at an incredible rate! If you're looking for a great alternative to Mindbody, these are the reasons why I went with Glofox and made one of my best business decisions to date: On one hand I had Mindbody. If you're looking for software and a custom branded app just as I was (was adamant to make it as simple as possible for people to pay me so wanted an app), you would have to go for their most expensive package at 195 a month. Mindbody also increase your monthly subscription fee when you hit a certain number of members or trainers using the app. My intentions were to use a software package to help us really get a handle on our admin and free time to grow my business. With this growth in mind, expected costs could almost double in the next few months, leaving me with a pricing package I could no longer afford. On the other hand, I had Glofox. Their pricing packages range from 80-140 a month and each package comes with a custom branded app completely matching your business's brand. Not only this, they don't charge you for adding more members or users. As the sales rep I spoke to put it, they want to see your business grow and for this reason, they're not going to penalize you for doing just that. A breath of fresh air if you ask me! Our custom branded app from Glofox gives our members a really simple means of booking and paying for our services. On the backend, I needed a system that would help me minimize admin with as few clicks possible without overcomplicating things. I've found the Glofox Dashboard really clear and simple to use. I tend to set my Dashboard to show weekly bookings, payments due and revenue for ease. I can create and update my schedule, manage memberships including payments, renewals and automated billing in my Dashboard too- really great having everything in one place! Overall, there's nothing better than working with a team of people who really want to see your business grow stronger every day. With such a quick response time to any of our queries, it's safe to say choosing Glofox has been the best business decision I've made. Mindbody won't know what hit them!

Hey Andrew, Thank you so much for leaving your extensive feedback, it really means a lot! We're happy to hear that Glofox is helping your business. We look forward to continuing to support you in reaching your business goals. - The Glofox Team

Replied February 2022

Andy

Reviewed October 2020

Not getting any better

PROS

It's easy to use for the customer, but so are most other booking apps

CONS

Being ignored by customer support. System is very slow. Lots of glitches, although less in the last year to be fair. I cannot recommend Glofox. I've been a customer for 3 years and I've tried to stick with then through all their setup problems (of which there were many), but lately their customer service has gotten worse and worse. Now a major issue has come to light on the accuracy of their reporting, so I can no longer make accurate reports on income. As a result I misreported my income for 2018 by quite some margin, I cannot lodge my income for 2019 and am late filing VAT returns. I first reported this on the 16th of September and it's been with their "engineering team" ever since with no updates and they are now ignoring me completely, even the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is ignoring me. If they can't get something as simple as the income to report accurately then I've lost all faith. The system is also extremely slow and despite using different laptops, several browsers, PC and Mac and various internet connections, I get fobbed off that its an issue at my end. Yet when I reset filters it works straight away. But then slows down again very quickly afterwards. I have over 500 support issues back and forth with Glofox support in 3 years.

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

Another Irish company and was led to believe it was better

Reasons for switching to ABC Glofox

Booking bugs app didn't work and had less functionality

Hey Andy, first off let us start by saying we're sorry to hear you had so many issues with us. We strive to bring our customers exceptional products and service. I hope since leaving this review we've found a resolution for you. If you have any questions or concerns please drop us a mail at support@glofox.com and we'll make sure to review them for you. Thank you - The Glofox Team

Replied February 2021

Ashley

Reviewed June 2020

Constant New Features While Core Tools Are Broken

New features are constantly added while existing features are broken. There’s no way include or track sales tax in the store, but instead they’re planning to add payroll processing. If it can’t handle USA sales tax, would I trust that my state payroll taxes have been properly filed? Features seem half finished while others outside the core business are instead being focused on. The new product announcements usually don’t seem relevant. I’ve reported bugs like dates jumping when editing/saving a Course description, and told by Support that I’m wrong. I’ve occasionally had a good experience with customer service, telling me where a feature is located, but typically their answers are irrelevant or tell me a workaround, with no date on when a broken feature will be fixed. I work with a different person each time, and there’s no consistency in the Support.

PROS

The graphics of the software are minimal and well designed. It processes monthly and pro-rated memberships very well. I mostly teach multi-week courses, which competitor softwares couldn’t handle. It saves credit cards on file and allows custom charges (which I use in lieu of the nonfunctional merchandise store.)

CONS

I loved the software during my demo, but have been constantly disappointed since then. They began charging me before the platform was set up for my studio, which took two weeks and missed my grand opening date. In my demo I was shown how easily the bookings integrate into Squarespace, but later learned that’s true only if you upgrade to Squarespace Premium. I loved the ‘Book a Buddy’ feature, but it broke 9 months ago and still hasn’t been fixed. I found out that it was broken because students had +1’s registered but the payment on the extra spots hadn’t gone through. I reported it to Glofox and was told that they were already aware. I lost out on dozens of unpaid bookings and Glofox never let its customers know or removed the feature. It took three emails to Support for them to successfully turn it off on my platform. After the initial demo and signup there is no transparency on pricing or product tiers. I had been planning to change from semi-annual to yearly payment, but my credit card was automatically billed before I had the chance (and without my consent.) I’m a Platinum customer, but I can’t compare tiers of pricing or features.

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

The sales person and demo instructor were great. I knew that many features were still in development but I was happy with the core functionality. The product has not lived up to the initial, very thoughtful demos and the support has not matched their level of knowledge or attention to detail.

Hi Ashley, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. Thank you for the feedback on the product also, and for highlighting the areas in which you would like to see further development. We are always striving to improve our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Replied July 2020

Katie

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

Happy customer

PROS

Ease of use User friendly Payouts section

CONS

Can’t make a week off inputted to calander have to just delete or hide calander

Katie

Reviewed June 2020

Great product and new improvements however some very frustrating features

I have definitely seen improvements with communication over the past 4 -6 months. Their customer service has improved greatly. Overall the staff are very supportive and friendly to work with. We have been really well supported during the COVID-19 challenges and very much appreciated Glofox seeing what customers needed and added some great features during this time. The one downfall is communication - especially when things change eg. booking only into your next booking period - this was not communicated to us that the previous 'glitch' (as explained to me), where you could book in as far in advance as the studio allowed if you were on an unrestricted membership, had now changed. We could not communicate and or prepare our members returning to in studio classes (after COVID) for the changes - and hence created a lot of stress that could have been avoided.

PROS

Easy to schedule classes, dashboard is well designed and easy to navigate, great user app, new features that were added during COVID-19 - zoom integration to live classes, on demand feature for members.

CONS

The current set up to memberships allowing subscription members to only book ahead into their next booking period. This does not provide flexibility for our business and creates a lot of confusion for our members. I can understand how monthly billed memberships can work on this system however ours are weekly (see below). So members can only book a max of 2 weeks/min of 1 week in advance. It then creates confusion amongst members as to why some members can book further ahead (ie credit pass users) and if members have different payment dates its a bit like a yoyo effect. Explaining how it works to members is very confusing. This feature has only come into being in our studio. Prior to COVID-19 closures members were able to book 4 weeks in advance (booking window set by us) but now it has changed has caused great havoc. It has taken away a lot of value in our product and flexibility in the way our members book and become very frustrating for members as well as staff now managing the queries. If I knew this feature would come into play before we signed up to glofox I actually would strongly reconsider my decision. We are a small boutique fitness studio (we provide reformer class - max of 10 per class) our membership costs are expensive ($40-$55 per week) hence all of our members are on weekly subscriptions. We also provide credit packs for client who want to pay per class.

as above

Reasons for switching to ABC Glofox

Glofox is better value for money. Own app feature. Easier to use for multiple studios. (We went from 1 to 2 studios just after changing to glofox). Better reporting features.

Hi Katie, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the product also, and for highlighting the areas which you would like to see further development. We are always striving to improve our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Replied June 2020

Vincent

Reviewed March 2020

Amazing!

Love it!!!! :)

PROS

A perfect solution for my business. I was a MBO user for several years, but unfortunately the branded mobile app was dated and had limited functionality, it was also super expensive and costs increasing year on year was just not affordable for my business. I started off on the standard plan, but as I like things branded to me and my business I had to upgrade, and this just ended up costing the business hefty sums which we could not afford. Glofox were pretty easy to set up and get started with and they even helped me migrate my clients over. It's been pretty much smooth sailing and the customer support team have been EXTREMELY HELPFUL. You can have calls with the very happy and efficient team and they are willing to help and follow up on your requests. What I like the most and most looking forward in the future to is new features. They are constantly updating the software and adding new features in which makes it a great piece of software to work with and it's great for my clients too. Everything is branded to me, I like that we have a News section in the app and a store where I can sell my merchandise. We can create events as we put on workshops and masterclasses throughout the year. Looking forward to working with these guys more to take my business to new levels. Thanks guys, I'm soo happy I joined you! :) Highly recommended!

CONS

A few scheduling problems on the app - being looked at now, and reporting features, however new reports are being added.

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

See above - it's just perfect for our business needs

Expensive, same product for 3 years. Price increases

Hi Vincent, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the platform also. Our product team is constantly updating and improving our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Replied March 2020

Stephanie

Reviewed March 2020

GloFox has been such a better experience than other platforms!

My personal account helper, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has been so incredibly helpful. She has gone above and beyond to help me be successful and to run my business more efficiently.

PROS

That if I have had problems arise while using glofox, the customer support I have received has been super helpful. They have spent as much time as is needed to help me make sure everything is set up and my questions are early answered.

CONS

There are a few tie ups that are inconvenient. Like, I cannot be listed as a trainer in classes since I am the administrator so I had to create a dummy account to get around that restriction. But the problems are minor and nothing to be super frustrated over.

Reasons for switching to ABC Glofox

There were so many problems with mind body, and they were much more expensive. They never seemed to care about helping a small business like myself get things figured out. Their customer service was nothing compared to what I have had with glofox.

Hi Stephanie, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the platform also. Our product team is constantly updating and improving our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Replied March 2020

Karyn

Reviewed April 2020

Content ahead of the curve

I have been using Glofox for quite some time now. I have seen the efforts to continue to improve the product as well as staying ahead of the curve with content to continue to educate the users on the updates and what is already in place.

PROS

1. Increased ease of use over the years 2. App usage 3. Helpful support

CONS

1. At times it can run slow 2. No option to have a client have funds in the account and use them for different sessions in a week (instead of creating custom packages)

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

Discussions with customer service, I was able to meet with the staff in person when I visited Dublin many years ago

Hi Karyn, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the platform also. Our product team is constantly updating and improving our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Replied April 2020

Shantelle

Reviewed August 2022

Great members app

My overall experience has been good. The transition from Mindbody was easy.

PROS

I like how user friendly the members app is. Its simple to use. The dashboard is easy to read. Inputting new classes and changing the schedule is simple.

CONS

the reports could be filtered into more depth.

cost effective

Reasons for switching to ABC Glofox

Mindbody had a complicated management system.

Vital

Reviewed February 2023

Expected a lot more

This is the first gym management tool we have used, so I can't compare to past experiences. But Glofox is not robust, they are not solving the problems, and I kinda regret having chosen them.Very important point: integration with 3rd parties (such as mailchimp) is not good, and as they are developing their own thing, it will never be.

PROS

We like the user front end, the way it looks in our web. Not the best UX though, only one customer has been able to find how to cancel a class. The rest just report "I can't cancel".

CONS

Language bugs all around (we use spanish front end) , all reported, barely fixed so far. A lot of hard coded stuff we can't fix using the tool they provide for custom copy. A lot of copy edit was needed for spanish.Many bugs found and reported, also suggestions for UX we have made... they may just be focused in that new service "amplify" and now finishing the core product.

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

We liked Glofox web front end and we thought or were told it would fit all our needs. The price was also a factor at first, but Mindbody at the end did an offer for the first year that was very competitive.

Arlene

Reviewed January 2020

Really wish I could give this software a better score.

Asides from the frustrating technical issues outlined above, the support is very poor. Issues take weeks to resolve often with a "We don't know what the cause of the issue is" as a response, and then the same problem will reoccur later. The customer support team were great when I first signed up, I imagine there were fewer clients on their books and it was easier for them to manage. Now it takes weeks to resolve issues, the support team sound fatigued and are often defensive and salty when speaking on the phone (same applies to email correspondence). Glofox also make regular "upgrades" to the software and do not take time to explain to their customers in full detail what the updates involve. An "upgrade" was made to the payments integration in 2019 which meant that access to the separate back-end Stripe system was lost, which was massively frustrating given the inaccuracies of the built-in Glofox reporting software and clients information randomly going missing from their back-end website. I get the impression that this "upgrade" was not fully tested as there were numerous issues with it (eg: old clients being reactivated and billed years after the fact). I unfortunately cannot recommend this software to anyone as it has only caused frustration, disappointment and countless hours of extra work for myself and my team. The issues above caused a lot of upset to our clients which lessened their experience as our customers: this is the opposite of what any business needs!

PROS

Glofox is a highly visual platform and easy to use (aside from the glitches which I will get to later). It looks very pretty and it would be amazing if it actually worked properly.

CONS

It simply does not work. And I'm talking about the bare basics here. The reporting features are inaccurate and have added uncountable extra admin hours to my month. Regular glitches occur, a few of these are: payments being processed from users and then their purchased class credits disappearing, buttons on the back-end or admin website randomly disappearing or not working, classes / events / staff members being deleted from the calendar and then they re-appear randomly, start / end date functionality of classes randomly not working, clients being billed randomly following the completion of their payment periods, courses not visible on the admin app. I could go on.

Reasons for switching to ABC Glofox

Mindbody had become too expensive and their customer support wait times were too long. I also wanted to support a local business which is why I chose Glofox.

Hi Arlene, Thank you for the honest review and feedback. I am sorry that you seem to have had such a poor experience with the Glofox platform. We take customer feedback very seriously and will take your comments to the team. A member of our team will have been in touch with you to discuss the issues you outlined. Best regards, The Glofox Team

Replied January 2020

Claudia

Reviewed April 2020

I would like to mention the above and beyond service I have received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], she is always there to help and answers in a very timely manner. I was about to change services and the overall dialogue with her was a very important part in staying with Glofox.

PROS

This software is very user friendly, easy to understand and easy on the eyes. It offers exactly what we need for our daily business.

CONS

At the beginning I had a large amount of issues with customer service. Sometimes weeks without an answer, both e-mail and phone, being that the customer service reps are in Ireland I think. But this has been changed greatly in the past few months.

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

Most do not have the ease of accepting payments in Mexico and Glofox was more user friendly and wallet friendly

Hi Claudia, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on your experience with our support team also. We are always striving to improve our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Replied May 2020

Will

Reviewed November 2023

Expensive.

Poor. There was a lot of support and offering of deals prior to sign up. Beyond that point the price was hiked up hugely and terms changing meaning we were wrapped in for a long time. I would not recommend.

PROS

It was relatively simple to use and familiar from having previous usage at another gym.

CONS

The software available was very basic for the cost being extremely high. We had plenty of user problems too with people struggling to process their payments and lots of crashing within the app. I am extremely disappointed with the change in terms meaning we now have to pay for another 3 months worth of usage on a product we now won’t use.

Reasons for switching to ABC Glofox

A more rounded software offering more function for a fraction of the cost.

Bee

Reviewed August 2022

Would be perfect if it had member progress tracking

I’m happy with the customer service. The team are great and get to solving any problems relatively quickly.

PROS

Ease of use from back end and for members to access app and make payment and bookings

CONS

-member progress tracking with dates of when the data was obtained, metrics like weight, BMI, visceral fat %, body fat % etc.

Reason for choosing ABC Glofox

Seemed to have good reviews and good customer support and branded app feature which was user friendly. This was a new venture and we wanted something which tried and tested.

Hi Bee. Thank you for your review. We are currently exploring potential integrations that will allow glofox customers to have access to workout tracking / member progress tracking features. We'd love to hear more about your particular needs. Sincerely, Marko Gazic Global Manager of SMB Customer Success

Replied August 2022

Stephen

Reviewed January 2018

Happy i made the switch to Glofox!

PROS

I like the visual appeal and layout of the software and how easy it makes it for people to book in online but also how easy it makes it for me to be able to allow clients to buy online courses and workshops as well as classes. (Senior account executive) contacted me initially when i was setting up in business but at that stage i had signed up with MBO and I wasn't going to change but fast forward a year and I actually got in touch with rep to talk about their software as my online sales weren't as strong as I wanted them to be. The changeover was made as painless as it could be, a lot of the credit for this has to go to my account manager and his customer support team, who are very good at what they do and I speak with rep on a regular basis which helps greatly when like me you're trying to grow your business. The partnership between Glofox and Yoga Alliance Professionals is also a big plus for me but in relation to growing my business, nothing tops having our own custom studio app which i am delighted to say is now starting to perform really well ( not much use having an app if you don't know how to utilise it or promote it and for this i have to thank account manager for showing me the way). i now feel like i have software that matches my ambitions for my business. It hasn't all been plain sailing but what is!. I really believe in Glofox and can see them going from strength to strength in the future.

CONS

The cons that i have experienced are simple, sometimes the software suffers from bugs but i know that Glofox work hard to eradicate this and in my experience the customer support team always have a solution to help you navigate around this until they find the problem so for me it's something i can live with as the updates and new additions to the software plus the fact that i can see through their reports, exactly where my business is growing.

Hi Stephen! Great to hear that you're delighted with your decision to switch from Mindbody. It's been an absolute pleasure working with you and there's nothing better than watching your business grow and succeed! Yours in wellness, The Glofox Team

Replied February 2018

Millie

Recreational Facilities and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

It gets the basics right. And that's about it.

PROS

- Standing up the software was easy (coming from no system, so we didn't do any conversion).- It does the basics well (scheduling). The app is reliable and our clients have not found it difficult to use. - We like the flexibility/modularity of the fields dictionary to use language appropriate for our business.- We haven't noticed any latency issues or app downtime.

CONS

- Reporting is very basic. For all the info you put into this app, absolute nothing is exportable. You cannot run any of your own reports, or even export data out (only the most basic data). Want to find out how many classes "Bob" has come to for the last 3 months so you can reward them? Well, you'll never know without going into every single class and manually counting.- Support is very slow and most answers are "we can't do that". I regularly receive "We are experiencing a high volume of questions" email. - They're pushing Amplify for customer journeys/communications meanwhile you can't even do basic reporting to tag or segment your own customers in the first place. Their priorities are really out of whack.- No google calendar integration- No gamification- No way to report cash purchases.I simply do not have the functionality I need on reporting to do effective lead marketing, KPI measurement, etc. As a result we have to find another system.

Maggie

Reviewed August 2017

Glitch after glitch after glitch after glitch

It taught me what I want and what I do not want, and for that I am appreciative.

PROS

It is visually appealing. It has many options from the administrative side that, if they worked, would be great, such as applying memberships to different kinds of classes and doing custom charges to people's accounts. At first, we were in contact with their support team often...at first. Some of the initial glitches were removed when we began doing their new Beta but it didn't change much at all, honestly.

CONS

They make a ton of promises they can't keep. Mostly pertaining to "self sign-in". I have over 1000 clients at my yoga studio. Every single day at least 10 of them (the ones that haven't given up trying) tell me they couldn't book a class, couldn't apply their membership to a class, etc. Quite annoying. Also, GloFox has double-charged MULTIPLE students with no evidence on our end. Students have come up to me and shown me bank statements that I had 2x charges that were invisible from my side of the world. Scary. Whoops, GloFox! I want to say their customer service is good but they make tons of promises they can't keep there either. "We'll fix it ASAP"...no call back, no fix. There is also no way of using an iPhone/iPad with this software from our administrative end. No admin app at all. Just a glitch-tastic (but visually appealing) app for users. Anyways, I could go on. Just don't go with GloFox if you're trying to be professional/successful. If you're just trying to save money, you'll get what you pay for with this one.

Hi Maggie, Thank you for your feedback, and we apologize for not delivering the solutions you needed while you were with Glofox. Since that time, we have launched a Kiosk system that makes checking and booking in for members easy and efficient. We now have an admin app available for staff, and we have resolved the stability issues that you've reported. Sincerely, Marko Gazic

Replied February 2022