All Jackrabbit Gymnastics Reviews

JR

Can't Live Without JackRabbit

Dealing with JackRabbit Technologies has been super easy and very informative. We have attended their training class on several occasions and we always learn a new function/feature that we can use.

PROS

JackRabbit Technologies is an all in one top to bottom software solution that helps me track, analyse and run my business daily. There are so many features of the software that make our daily life much more enjoyable that if we had to do manually or with several different products our life would be miserable. Seemless integration with Express Payroll makes running my paycycles as simple as a click of a button

CONS

Sometimes it takes a little longer than I would like to implement a new feature that directly effects my process(es). I also understand that I am not the only business using the software and that new features need to be looked at across the entire spectrum of business involved.

Reason for choosing Jackrabbit Gymnastics

Function and Feature more rich than any other.

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Gymnastics

An online options that is accessible from anywhere was the primary reason for selecting JackRabbit. Our previous solution was a desktop only version.

Nicole

Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees

Jackrabbit for Sports Class Management

Taken as a whole, we believe Jackrabbit to be the best option for sports class management, and we have seen none better. I have been a Jackrabbit user for 11 years.

PROS

Jackrabbit is very robust. It does a lot and it does it very well. Automated payments and fee postings with complicated discount rule options is a HUGE time-saver. Love the staff portal and the parent portal- this also saves our front desk a LOT of time! Support is very detailed and quick! Reports are mostly well-handled. Overall we think Jackrabbit is the best on the market at this time.

CONS

Wish list to improve our experience with Jackrabbit: smoother and more complete app integration with the Mobile Inventor app, option for door access integration, which we would use for child care and the fitness facilities, better wording for adults registering themselves into adult-level classes, parents able to remove their children from waitlists in the portal, an online store option, and a REAL booking module for private lessons. And a BIG one- the email function. You have to understand code to be able to do what you want, or at least able to understand it enough to copy and manipulate a newsletter code and JR offers no support for it- this is, in my opinion, a big miss. Not being able to populate someone's name or balance into an email is a big miss, too. We have to adjust emails manually a lot and it is time consuming- something we don't have to do in our fitness gym management software.

Reason for choosing Jackrabbit Gymnastics

This was a couple years before my time. I will say I have personally researched for many years many softwares to find one that can integrate our fitness facilities as well. I am still on that hunt. If you broadened to include fitness gym management (package add-ons, door access, etc) you would be the MOST robust software out there and could take on YMCAs, which is pretty much what we are.

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Gymnastics

This happened a couple years before I joined the organization, so I am unsure which it was.

Liz

Sports, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Star-Mites

Financial tracking and fee collects is made simpler since implementing JR Tracking student numbers is much easier as I have 3 branches

PROS

Easy to use, does 85% of what I require and has simplified our systems.

CONS

Better attendance tracking - adding notes to missed classes Medical alerts visible at each athlete not having to check a tab Kids not assigned to a class after a certain ti automatically be archived A proper App for parents to use on devices!!! Invoice & statement (individual) A internal shop for parents to see items and purchase Club apparel and uniforms Simpler way to separate my multi branch club

Reason for choosing Jackrabbit Gymnastics

A senior member of staff at the time had good knowledge of the product which made set up easier

Janean

Reviewed March 2024

Essential to Gym Management

Almost all positive! We use it daily and would only consider switching if iclasspro had great alternatives to the above mentioned problems.

PROS

We love Jackrabbit Class! Our gym wouldn't function without it. My favorite features is how fast and friendly customer service is. I always have a positive experience with customer service.

CONS

The private lesson scheduling system (or lack thereof) and that we can't have a check-out feature for summer camp. We would also like more zapier integrations.

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Gymnastics

At the time I believe they weren't online

Vanessa

Performing Arts, 2-10 employees

Flexible and robust

Jackrabbit has eliminated all of the manual work of organizing registrations and sending confirmation emails for each session of classes. It has allowed us to see our revenue at a glance and easily track our monetary progress. It has allowed us to efficiently search and contact groups of families based on their status. (Example: Current students who are not registered for an upcoming session, families not paid by the payment deadline, all students registered for a class that is cancelled for some reason etc. )

PROS

We looked at a lot of software and it is difficult to find one that has options to search, track and do all the things you want to be able to do. And usually the more things that are possible, the more confusing and steep the learning curve. Jackrabbit offers so many possible functions and also organizes them well by through the Staff Portal, Parent Portals, drop down menus. The searchable tutorials are very helpful and I use them all the time when I forget how to do a particular function. We have been very happy with how Jackrabbit has organized and streamlined our information database and our processes.

CONS

Because there is so much information and possible ways to access the information it does take a significant amount of time to become familiar with it all. It is difficult to tell what the families see in their portals since I only ever see it from the back end. We have created a "pretend family " account for ourselves to be able to view it from the family's perspective.

Reason for choosing Jackrabbit Gymnastics

Jackrabbit offers tiers of product and prices. We are a small organization and we don't have the budget to invest in a large, up-front sum for set up. We could select a monthly price that fit our needs based on the size of our clientele and usage.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees

Amazing Program, Unparalleled Customer Support, Learning Curve

Fantastic. Mainly because of the support staff. Anytime I've had an issue it was promptly resolved and explained to me with visual aids. They have helped me learn this software and have made my job easier on a daily basis.

PROS

This software has nearly limitless options for you to manage a gymnastics facility. The customer support team is knowledgeable, punctual, helpful, and courteous. Experience using this program and purchasing from this company has been wonderful.

CONS

The software has a pretty steep learning curve for unfamiliar users. But, it is my belief that highly capable software always comes with a learning curve. I couldn't boot up Adobe Complete Suite and edit a movie without hours of training. Same goes for this software. You need to take the time to learn it, but once you do it really helps manage a business like gymnastics.

Reason for choosing Jackrabbit Gymnastics

We just had a better experience with your sales rep. The products seemed similar enough and were competitively priced. But we just thought your team and mission aligned with our own and went with Jackrabbit.

BethAnne

Sports, 51-200 employees

I love Jackrabbit!

I love it! it's easy, saves time, and is not too expensive!

PROS

Jackrabbit is very easy to use and is hard to mess up. When training someone I tell them there is nothing they can do that can't be undone. That's nice to be able to say that. We have used Jackrabbit for 12 years and I wouldn't even look at another data base.

CONS

I think some of the reporting features are confusing in their wording for filters. Most of Jackrabbit is written in a way that pretty much anyone can use it. The reporting is more confusing. We also would love to be able to split automatic payments between parents since we have so many divorced parents these days.

Reason for choosing Jackrabbit Gymnastics

Basically they aren't very different. At the time we joined both were fairly new and basically the Jackrabbit people did a better job at selling us on their product.

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Gymnastics

Classsoft was much harder to use! Billing was a nightmare. It was very much in need of an update and the customer service was basically 1 guy!

Amy

Sports, 2-10 employees

Best Program for Gymnastics

I have used JackRabbit for 7 years and it is better today than when I started. It is a program that you make “yours” so it is exactly what I want

PROS

Learning a new system to run the gym could have been difficult, but Jackrabbit makes the entire process simple. Setting it up, using it for financial, skills, attendance, reports, and whatever you desire. Their videos are helpful, but when I can’t figure something out, the support team is right there and great! They show me how to do, not just tell me.

CONS

They are constantly updating, so when there is an issue, or something that would help the subscribers better utilize the program, the support team is looking for a way to make it more efficient.

Reason for choosing Jackrabbit Gymnastics

I would have said price since 7 years ago that was important.

Teresa

Great product

Overall I enjoy the product.

PROS

This program offers everything you need to run a business successfully and efficiently and suits our needs perfectly. It's easy to use and tracks vital information through customizable reports. Integration was a relatively smooth process with no significant problems. It has many customizable features, and its customer service is top-notch.

CONS

It takes a while to figure everything out, but once you do, it's pretty easy to use. I wish certain features that would work great for our business would be implemented faster; they base the value on the importance of the feature by user rating, so what might be necessary to one company might not be to another, so your feature might never be implemented. Still, you can only hope that it is. I also wish the program would accept debit card payments; we have a lot of members that prefer to use their debit cards, which means we still have some manual transactions happening, which increases the possibility of errors.

Better product

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Gymnastics

Jackrabbit was a better program that suited our needs.

Jacqueline

Reviewed June 2023

Best for a youth tuition program

Customer service is great. They are always available and always personable. They know their product, and are able to help navigate errors and suggestions for improvement.

PROS

Tracking Revenue, scheduling, payment processing for tuition, calendar features, employee management integrations.

CONS

It’s challenging to do both adult drop in type scheduling in addition to youth tuition scheduling. We had to adapt, and drop adults daily from classes to allow them to re-enroll each week. The system doesn’t automatically drop. “Weekly” classes that are ongoing, are harder to manage.

Reason for choosing Jackrabbit Gymnastics

Referral from another dance studio.

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Gymnastics

MindBody was very expensive and didn’t cater to tuition type use. Better for adult class scheduling.

Ashley

Reviewed February 2018

We have loved the way Jackrabbit helps streamline our business practices!

PROS

We love that Jackrabbit is always enhancing it's software. They are really great about listening to the customer's needs and trying to find quick solutions for them! Having online web registrations has been wonderful for both our class enrollment and event enrollment. It is really convenient that we can pick and choose what we want to show up on the website and set an auto email to be sent to the customers immediately after enrolling. The email student schedules feature is now one of my favorites! It has cut down our enrollment processing time by 50%! It is so nice not to have to type out the student's information and enrollment information when emailing a confirmation! The email templates and ability to add images and files to emails has been a total game changer for our company! It is so much easier and faster to send information to our customers and be able to improve parent communication! The staff portal enhancement has helped us be more consistent with tracking attendance. We don't use the time tracking portion or the portal at this time. We are in the process of trying to make the transition of tracking skills in the portal vs. on paper. We would love to see a better way to print a progress report if we switch to doing web based skill tracking. Lastly, I love the quick chat feature. Having support right at our fingertips is a wonderful feature to a class management system!

CONS

Our downfalls with the system are currently: -Printed Statement feature- I just recently sent an idea to the enhancement team. I would really like to see it more like the "email student schedules" system. You could set it up exactly how you want it to look in the text boxes and then in the middle it will auto pull the information you selected for the statement. It would also help if you could choose how the spacing reflects after the fold line. I had very minimal header/footer and it still printed almost 300 blank (or only print date) pages. -In the staff portal, we have had some glitches with a class showing as incomplete attendance when all students have either present or absent recorded and saved. This seems to happen when a makeup or transfer occurs on the same day as the class is held. -Having glitch issues when using Google Chrome. It has forced me to switch to Microsoft Edge. -Ability to "transfer" fees to a different category? Or a better way to track credits in the system. Right now it is hard because the money comes in towards on program, they drop for some reason and receive a credit and then when they come back they use it towards another program. The money always stays with the initial program. The credits don't show up on QuickBooks as it's not actual revenue coming in. Maybe there's a better way to track these? Not sure.

Bethany

Music, 2-10 employees

Happy Inheritance

I am very happy with my experience with Jackrabbit. I have never been discouraged, and every time I don't know how to do something, I have always reached out for help and gotten help right away!

PROS

I inherited the jackrabbit software when I started this job 1 1/2 years ago. I have had to figure it out as I go along and I always have a lot of help available to me whenever I need it via chat or phone call. The guy in the office before me was trying to switch to another software company, but I talked my boss into letting me stay with Jackrabbit because I really like it. I like how it is evolving and how I can keep track of my hours and tuition payments. I like how easy it is to get a list of emails or addresses, how easy it is to create a statement for a parent.

CONS

I wouldn't say that there are aspects that are difficult to use, I think the worst thing (which really isn't a bad thing) is that there is so much that can be done with the software and I just sort of jumped into an ocean when I started this job instead of starting out on the edge of the water and easing myself in!

Reason for choosing Jackrabbit Gymnastics

Because I didn't want to learn a whole new software, because I like the look of the jackrabbit parent portal, because I wasn't sure I would get the same level of customer service. (My colleague wanted to switch to Active Network but I vetoed it.)

Rhonda

Jackrabbit: Smooth Transition & Overall Positive Change

The developers are continually listening to suggestions, evaluating them, and making improvements/updates to the software. Our clients are appreciative of the availability of the Parent Portal. The number of unpaid accounts at the end of the month has decreased significantly. New clients like the fact that registration is now paperless, and so do we. Our coaching staff likes getting notifications of new student enrollment, student drops, or student transfers. Our communication with rec. class parents has improved because of the email feature and the Parent Portal. Overall, implementing Jackrabbit has been a positive experience.

PROS

Jackrabbit is relatively easy to use and provides both written and video instruction for software features to help new users. The Jackrabbit team took all our client information from our old system and imported it to our new Jackrabbit system which made getting started much easier. I like being able to email clients both individually and as part of a mass email blast. The Parent Portal is great; our parents love it.

CONS

Personally I am a keyboard shortcut user, so the fact that I have been unable to find any keyboard shortcuts to navigate the software has been the biggest obstacle for me since I dislike the extra time it takes for me to stop using the keyboard; grab the mouse; find the correct drop-down or other window, box, or icon; click it; then go back to the keyboard to continue/finish the task.

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Gymnastics

The [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of the gym wanted a web-based class management/account management software so that he could access it anytime/anywhere.

Jamie

Great Product, Took a little while to learn it

Overall, we love the program. It's taken a little time for us to get the hang of things that our old program did not have, but we have a lot more options to expand in different areas now with it.

PROS

The functionality and software capapilities was what sold us on the product. You can do so many things with this program and we love what we have learned so far.

CONS

Having a different set up for Training Time(Open Gyms) and Camps other than setting up an event is one thing we miss about our previous software. We do not want to have to create a class for summer camps and we hold weekly training times for our members and non members. We offer a discounted rate for our members so we have had to do seperate events for each group and it does make things hectic. We also wish there was an option for Promotion codes or discount codes.

More functionality with JackRabbit

Kylie

Sports, 2-10 employees

Affordable professional program.

It’s been a fantastic experience, and I have recommended others to use it and referred others onto using it and helped other business owners with theirs.

PROS

It’s easy to learn how to use it, and it has so many features that make the business admin look professional. If I need any questions answers, I can either look in the question and answers guide, or I can contact Support and they arrange a phone meeting and always help to sort it out.

CONS

Sometimes I will set up certain functions and they don’t seem to always come through the other end. For example, I’ve asked it to pro rata classes but it doesn’t seem to pro rata all the classes that I’ve asked it to. It also does not send emails out to every clients as I have had issues with some parents not receiving emails.

Reason for choosing Jackrabbit Gymnastics

Jack rabbit was recommended to me by another business owner and they said they could help me if I had any issues.

Flo Anne

Reviewed June 2023

A very good tool for managing all the different factors in an academy

It has been a journey but there are more features I discover almost daily. It took a definate dedication and a large amount of time to get set up to actually cover our business but we get a little deeper as we go. 1 year in and I still feel I haven’t even tapped the potential of how I could use this.

PROS

Customer data base and ability to track Lesson scheduling and makeup scheduling Very comprehensive program with huge Potential to adapt to one’s needs. Customer service and coaches are dedicated to helping you get the program working in your application even when it is a slightly off the rail application such as equestrian riding academy as opposed to gymnastics.

CONS

Onboarding was difficult for me. Non accountant. Inability to handle one time enrollment rd (private lesson.

Customer service.

Reasons for switching to Jackrabbit Gymnastics

Frustration with the lack of customer support. Company has since dropped the program.

Kaylie