All Aha! Reviews

Aha! Review

Geoff

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

A Great Tool to Drive Product Management with Coherent and Focused Product Strategy

We use Aha! to manage and optimize our product management for development of Enterprise software.

PROS

I first used Aha! four or five years ago - and it was good then, but has come a long way. I really like how Aha! brings together the why of product strategy with the how of product management. It enables our team to collaborate, stay informed, share, and stay on track in these areas in ways that are very difficult to do with JIRA alone, or some combination of product specifications and JIRA. It's intuitive and the support is very responsive, knowledgeable and friendly. There is a lot of customization possible, although I have not dipped into that much yet. But it is clear that as the size and scope of our development organization and product line grow that Aha! has everything needed to manage, prioritize & focus our efforts. Integration with Atlassian JIRA is also strong and a good option. We looked at only using Aha! - including for managing our development tickets & sprints - but that is not a fit at this point. Keeping the clutter & detail of all the workstream & ticket management for development separate is a better solution. I definitely recommend Aha as best in class for product management.

CONS

The one major improvement that I see is the need for some type of Knowledge Base / Documentation tool set similar to Confluence. Write now, I find that I have to keep meeting notes in separate documents, as these will tend to cover multiple tickets, and have other work to assign tasks and so on. With Confluence + JIRA, you can both document meetings and develop specifications in one place, and then link this to all of the tickets that are related.

Reason for choosing Aha!

Better combination of features and focus on specific needs of software product management.

Brandon

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Aha! is an excellent product management system

A very user-friendly and straightforward interface. It's fantastic that a single platform can be used to oversee everything from product to service management to strategic planning to operational reporting.

PROS

A fantastic tool for project managers to use as a roadmap organizer. The ideas are fantastic, and the integration with Jira at the tactical level of engineering is functioning smoothly. Additional sophisticated features, such as various business modules, aid in the strategic direction of PM.

CONS

It's odd that there aren't any external roadmap samples or case studies available from the makers of one of the greatest roadmap products in the world to aid with the design of your personal external roadmap.

Reasons for switching to Aha!

When our product teams work together across departments and incorporate DevOps, we see great success. Goal-setting, feature-mapping, PI planning, and synchronization with DevOps comprise high-level product management.

Hi Brandon, Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review. It is wonderful to hear how Aha! is helping your organization achieve success across so many different teams and departments. I would encourage you to check out our guides which have great examples and best practices when it comes to roadmaps. Here is one you may find useful: https://www.aha.io/roadmapping/guide/product-roadmap/roadmap-examples. Otherwise our customer success team are all former product managers and would be happy to help! You can reach out to us at support@aha.io.

Replied September 2023

Vivek

Food Production, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Great tool for project management with a steep learning curve

After getting used to it gives you ton of features to create stunning visualizations and project tracking on a very nice way

PROS

Tons of features giving you the ability to follow up on biggest to most minute details of projects which makes it very malleable to various needs.

CONS

The learning curve is steep compared to You track. Schedules epics activities development tasks todos and several other features can be hard to distinguish and somewhat confusing.

Leadership decided

Nate

Airlines/Aviation, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Product Management Choice

PROS

Aha is a powerful tool that gives you ability to customize the core product around how your team does its job. The easy integrations with engineering development tools like Azure DevOps or Jira make it an accurate status reporting tool for product teams while allowing engineering functions to do their execution work elsewhere. The dashboards and reports in Aha are super powerful and it's the only way we report on roadmaps and status. And finally the Ideas portal with Ideas advanced allows us to be in touch with our customers in a meaningful way and let's us communicate internally and externally about what's coming next for our products.

CONS

The cost of a license is not cheap, and it took my business a long time to convince senior executives to allow us to get the Ideas Advanced licensing. It would have been really helpful if Ideas Advanced could have been enabled for a subset of users or a product line within a corporate tenant account.

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Works as expected

PROS

The layout of the sprint and features is really well done. I do enjoy the look of AHA vs other competitors that I have used. It’s really easy to use and the mobile app is a nice feature.

CONS

I really don’t care for the search functionality of AHA. I think that I don’t always find things in the way I search or use keywords. A keyword might be in a ticket but it isn’t always found.

Grace

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Aha is a great product management tool

Aha's ability to centrally manage many projects and provide seamless Jira integration save time by eliminating the need for developers to switch between applications. It's helpful for making a road map and organizing ideas visually for the company.

PROS

I like how simple it is to log requests for help and suggestions for new items. It's also great for working together on projects with other people in your team.

CONS

The biggest thing that bothers me with Aha is that there isn't a particularly helpful or user-friendly dashboard where you can see all of your open support issues and ideas at once.

Reasons for switching to Aha!

Aha's primary function is to centralize and disseminate product-related information and efforts. Because of this, I was able to quickly catch up on the state of development for the goods over which I had taken responsibility.

Hi Grace, Thank you for your positive feedback on Aha! We're pleased to hear that you find it simple for logging help requests and collaborating on projects. We appreciate your feedback on your dashboarding experience. I would encourage you to read through this robust support article to learn how you can build out this view (https://www.aha.io/support/roadmaps/strategic-roadmaps/analytics/dashboards). If you have specific suggestions or further feedback, feel free to share at https://big.ideas.aha.io/. Our product managers continuously review ideas when building out our product roadmap. As always, if you ever need any help at all, our Customer Success team are all former product managers and would love to answer any questions (support@aha.io) you may have.

Replied November 2023

Greg

Sports, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2022

So glad to have finally found and settled on Aha! Quite aptly named!

This is one of the slickest, most beautiful, well-thought-out, powerful, and extensible tools I've ever seen. It took a while to get all settled into exactly how it fits in with my needs, but the documentation AND customer support were second-to-none during the trial to help me get there. Once I did...wow, it's slick and powerful.

PROS

I loved so many things about Aha!, but probably the most important thing was my ability to manage and prioritize a LOT of my product's features that can also be tied to Epics, Storys, Initiatives, and Goals in a very slick and powerful interface.

CONS

The product becomes cost-prohibitive, especially for startups, if you wish to use the "Develop" side of the product as well as the "Roadmap" side. For some reason, you need to step up to an extremely expensive Enterprise version, which makes little sense as smaller companies would of course want to use sprint planning and many other critical lower-level engineering and development features. The trials only allow one or the other, not both (without a very confusing experience), which seems odd for the same reason.

Reason for choosing Aha!

Aha! has well-thought-out capabilities that blend strategy and roadmap planning with powerful feature management. I don't believe there is another product out there that comes close in this regard. And in such a gorgeous, flexible, and easy-to-use interface.

Hi Greg, Thank you for your positive review! It is great to hear how Aha! is helping your organization achieve success. Good news on the trial front — you can enable a trial of Aha! Develop within your Aha! Roadmaps account to experience both tools together. If you are interested, please don't hesitate to send us a note at support@aha.io. Our Customer Success team are all former product managers and would love to answer any questions.

Replied October 2022

Susu

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed January 2020

All around great tool for product strategy - the "why" behind the roadmap

I used Aha previously as well as just getting started with it at my current employer. After using Aha, you will never want to go back to the chaos of PowerPoint, Excel, MS Teams, Sharepoint, etc. I have had nothing but great experiences with the Aha team, both during the trial period and once we became a customer.

PROS

- Easy to use and learn - Excellent support team, knowledgeable and responsive (all former product managers!) - Several templates to choose from, or create your own - Well defined structure for strategy, vision, goals and initiatives - single source of truth for the Product team - Easy to share content with stakeholders - Highly configurable to our organizations terminology and product hierarchy

CONS

- The presentation capabilities are somewhat rudimentary (formatting, graphics) - Limited ability to support the Jobs-to-be-Done methodology (there are ways, but it's a bit of a square peg in a round hole) - Embedded tables aren't sortable so it's a bit like older versions of Confluence

Reason for choosing Aha!

Aha is more comprehensive, going beyond the roadmap and the "what" we are building to having dedicated space and structure for the "why" and "who" that drives the strategy. It's really product strategy + product development all in one. We weren't looking for an engineering tool like JIRA - we have that. We needed a place for business case development and strategic planning, sharing of real-time roadmaps, and a single source of truth for all things related to product strategy. The other tools seemed like targeted solutions to parts of product management rather than the entire discipline.

Robert

Capital Markets, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Aha! The best Product Management software.

The best !

PROS

Aha! is very easy to use product management software we love to use following software: - Product Roadmap - Idea generation - Sprint planning - Epics, feature and requirement descriptions

CONS

I think as a tool it solves a lot of issues but I could be more interactive like miro.

Aha have all aspects of Jira, Trello

Reasons for switching to Aha!

In Trello you we didn't have the - Product Roadmap, Idea generation, Sprint planning

Ryan

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2019

A Product Manager's Bible

Portfolio planning made easy. We had a pretty big disconnect between business, product and development up until discovering Aha! The tool we are actively using for our development sprints is not well-liked by the business/product heads so using Aha! has made a significant difference on how we plan our portfolio of products, visualize them on a shared roadmap, attribute market strategies to them and ultimately prioritize items from Aha! as the source of truth and push the "ready for development" items into Aha!

PROS

The breadth and depth of its functionality. You can really tell this is a platform built BY product managers FOR product managers.

CONS

The ramp up time took a little longer than we would've liked but thats the nature of the beast when you are working with a tool this powerful. Once I, as the power user, got the hang of everything, I was able to hold a few lunch and learn sessions with the rest of the team to get them up to speed as well.

Reason for choosing Aha!

Better roadmap functionality, much bigger emphasis on planning and external facing capability to allow our customers to share their feedback on our roadmaps.

Reasons for switching to Aha!

Not nearly enough power for what we require.

Krisztina

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2021

Made by rockstars to rockstars

PROS

What I love most in Aha! that it is highly customizable to all of our needs, and incredibly easy to use. I also like the reporting capabilities, it has never been easier to me to create real time reports literally in minutes and not to worry about the correctness of the data. Third thing I would mention is the stellar customer support and the frequently released new and cool features of the software.

CONS

Only that the editor license is not available to more people within our team due financial circumstances but as I always say Aha! costs this amount for good and valid reasons.

Reasons for switching to Aha!

It was before I joined the company so not aware of the reason but probably Aha! is much better...? :)

Jeffrey

Industrial Automation, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2020

The standard for Product Management tools

I am now using Aha! in my 3rd company. One was enterprise SaaS focus, one was a 70 person team and now as a bootstrapped start-up. Each experience has been very positive. I've been able to accomplish what I need without a lot of fuss or distraction.

PROS

Aha! is a great canvas to organize your business, product and customer journey. You can take many of the miscellaneous thoughts you have rattling around in your head, and the many post-it notes you have scattered around your office and put them to use in an organized way. It is hard to emphasize the importance of seeing your ideas and tasks written down and prioritized. Aha! makes it easy to articulate your goals and initiatives in a way that is compelling. Then when feature requests come in (as they inevitably will) you have a canvas for deciding how a request compares against the priorities and compared to other requests. It helps you and your stakeholders come together, discuss and come to a consensus on 'what should we build next.' Another think that I love is the fact that Aha! team does not have a sales function. Instead the platform has invested in a top notch customer support team who will help you customize and build out your plans. They help with introductory, small and big projects.

CONS

Can't think of any specific shortcomings. The platform is very deep and customizable so it can grow with your team's needs.

Reason for choosing Aha!

Aha! is the most complete and functional tool for managing the business side of product. It is critical to get this part right before a team writes a single line of code. There are many good tools for managing code development and release pipelines, but that is a different set of utility. The good news is Aha! integrates with code management tools to keep /management/sales/marketing/product in-sync with development.

Karen

Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Using Aha for Education Assessment products

We are introducing the product management function accross the business. Therefore introducing the departments and senior management to the functions of Aha has been my priority. The multiple benefits have included, multi person access as a reviewer / viewer. Transparency of the portfolio roadmap, clarity and confirmation of epic and feature details and the development priorities. A prime benefit has been the capabilityof the tech team and CTO to cost up the features and epics in more detail than previously, supporting investment requests.

PROS

For my role as Head of Product Management: The strategic view of the product portfolio is all important for the company to see and for me to report. The functions I use most are the strategic and portfolio roadmaps, goals and linked initiatives. I absolutely love the dashboard function, especially for executive resporting. And now use the different workspaces for the different departments who are dependant on the product management scheduling, this is also an added bonus.

CONS

I really wish the functions would allow clarity for Strategic objectives, rather than goals and support the framing of dependant team and individual OKR's. I also find it difficult to delete releases and features on the Strategic level workspace. It would benefit the different types of users to have the functionalities that they need and navigate to it easily. From my role as head of to the associate product manager, we have different uses and feature requirements.

Reason for choosing Aha!

I was used to Aha from my previous company, we found the functionality to be expansive, used accross tthe departments it was coordinated and allowed mixed methodologies in its monitoring and reporting in the products being eveloped. The product management function in the company I am now in is new. I wished to introduce the best in class product management tool, for transparency, acountability and reporting capability accross the company. we have offered many in house demo's and everyone is very impressed, especially as they now know how they can access the information they need to fulfill and support their departments too

Mike

Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Couldn't live without this product

I love this product, it has been great to use, and the customer support is outstanding and always able to help me solve my issues.

PROS

The ease of use is awesome, and bringing new users onboard is simple and quick. The integration to JIRA, and SSO, makes my administration and use simple and straightforward. It allows me as a product manager to manager the roadmap, and dev to concentrate on their JIRA environment which they are comfortable in.

CONS

The presentation module could use some more customizations, and tools, it is OK, but I end up creating PDF's and moving them to powerpoint.

Reason for choosing Aha!

I was familiar with it, and the price is fair.

Dan

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Best customer service and support

Our organization continues to expand the use of Aha. From Feature management, have also expanded to Idea Management, and are now taking on a more strategic use of goals, initiatives, and the like.

PROS

While the product is very good, Aha's customer service and support is far and away the best I have ever encountered, not only from software providers but pretty must across all walks of life. So responsive, so informative with the responses, and if anything needs some additional work, they are quick to schedule a timely call to work through solutions to satisfaction.

CONS

Navigation can leave a little to be desired. can be very confusing if not in it every day

Road map reporting, integration with Jira, Ideas management

Carol

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Product Management made easier!

As a Product Manager I definitely have seen improvements in my release planning and processes. Users can really visualize sprints, releases and backlog items and easily navigate throughout the system. Being able to share beautifully colored roadmaps with executives is a definite plus!

PROS

Drag and Drop in the Workflow BoardDrag and Drop in Sprint Planning - easily move items to defer to later Sprint, move back into the backlog, etc.Easily move items from ideas to featuresIntegration with TeamSupport to quickly receive priority issues from customer support calls.

CONS

Because there are so many features I feel like I am not taking advantage of everything. I find myself creating 'workarounds' for things I need to do when there may be a better way. However, the support is awesome!!

cost

Hi Carol, Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review. It is great to hear how Aha! has helped make your life easier and share beautiful roadmaps! We have an extensive knowledge base if you want to dig deeper into any particular feature: https://www.aha.io/support. Or our Customer Success team are all former product managers and would love to answer any questions you may have at support@aha.io.

Replied July 2023

Ajinkya

Market Research, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Convenient Tool for Product Managers, Aha!

Aha! is no doubt a sophisticated tool for driving product strategy, sharing your roadmap, and detailing features. It's very flexible and configurable so it requires a little while to get fluent with everything it may possibly do, and be aware of the best workflow patterns with it. That said, once you discover your groove it gets much more easily. Pricing is also in the premium end of the market, particularly for smaller companies, but you do tend to obtain what you pay off.

PROS

Aha! offers a comprehensive range of strategies for managing the entire product management and marketing cycle. I began using product development tools like Jira and then VersionOne, but they both appeared and functioned as if they were developed on purpose and eventually evolved into product management tools. None of them were in charge of product marketing. It was clear from the moment a fellow CTO introduced me to Aha! that this tool was explicitly designed to handle the full scope of product management. The governance features that assist product owners in focusing on the business plan and priorities also aid in the definition of product strategies to achieve those objectives. Customer personas assist the development team in remaining customer-centric. Our product owners enjoy working with feature development because they get to decide both how the features should function and how feature delivery should be prioritised. The Aha! Score, which can be customised, helps to balance value with development costs. Contributors are encouraged to request functionality, and the review process ensures that the promotion (or lack thereof) of a concept to a feature is transparent. Executive management and the board of directors expect product roadmaps to include information in an accessible format and Aha! has delivered efficiently so far.

CONS

The tool is extremely effective, with numerous features that make it simple to build a complex puzzle that occupies all of your time, causing you to lose track of the original goal: efficiently produce a product that meets consumer standards and business objectives. Keeping the model easy necessitates discipline. Aha! is so powerful and so customizable that it took me a while to figure out how best to apply it to my particular situations and challenges. That said, their amazing customer success team has been and continues to work patiently and diligently to help me make the most out of it.

Tanja