All Apptivo Reviews

Apptivo

Marisela

Reviewed November 2016

Customer Support is very Responsive

Our business started Apptivo when we were quite small, and there were several issues with the program when we first began using them. The support at Apptivo is awesome, every time that we have a difficulty using any of the programs feature, they have gotten back to us within hours or sometimes days. The recent issue with using their Ledger App took a bit longer to resolve but we enthusiastically appreciate their dedication to resolving the issues, and how thoroughly they did resolve it. The features we use most often include: Emailing Invoices and Estimates, keeping track of our Finances with their Ledger App, and keeping track of correspondence with Clients. There are some many other features to the program including tracking Inventory, tracking Accounts with Suppliers, and creating Projects with clients/collaborations with other professionals just to name a few. I will continue to use and support the Apptivo program. They continue to grow and offer more features, clearer and efficient options for tracking the growth of our business as it continues to grow!

PROS

Easy to use features - Sending out invoices - Receiving payments and notifications - Receving Emails and Client feedback - Tracking client info - Reviewing, Updating, and tracking Inventory and Accounts Payables. There are many other features but these we use in general.

CONS

Some errors with Invoices through paypal that require the client to input the info more than once, especially when there is Updates to the program. This has happened on some occasions, but is no longer an issue that we experience.

Marc

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Apptivo Training and Configuration Support

In general, a very positive experience. I have found the online "chat" support to be hit and miss, with a lot of the agents not having much knowledge in helping solve the problem at hand. Conversely, the "paid" configuration support has been generally excellent. My configuration support rep ("[sensitive content hidden]") has been a tremendous help in custom configuration assistance.

PROS

The "all-in-one" aspect of various business modules makes this more than just a CRM tool.

CONS

Some of the relationships between fields in the various modules do not work as advertised and/or need work-arounds in the configuration

Reason for choosing Apptivo

Far superior in terms of customer support, usability, and overall price.

Reasons for switching to Apptivo

Prophet user interface (through Outlook) was lacking, plus it didn't have all the other customer interface modules (order management, work order management, etc.) that Apptivo has. In general, the user interface of Apptivo is far superior to Prophet as well as response times for entering / retrieving information.

Mike

Reviewed May 2018

Good but so much opportunity to be so much better

PROS

I can adapt it to my needs. I feel that when I make a suggestion for improvement it will genuinely be listened to.

CONS

There are a lot of bugs - this is why I have marked the overall quality down. We are always creating something and then it crashes, or it wont save and we have to start again. Or emails never arrive which causes big problems. Whenever there are updates, something unintentional seems to get affected. Perhaps more testing before going live. It feels a bit unprofessional sometimes. We can't test our own changes, so when I am updating things and people are using it, it can be disruptive. I really need to make changes and test before going live. The support is not always perfect. Some times its great, but sometimes I am not understood. The right intentions are always there though.

Hi Mike, The only way to achieve this would be to have another account that you can use as a test account. It wont have all your production data, but you can certainly use that to test out config changes. For enterprise accounts (larger than 250 users) we do provide multiple dedicated environments as its pretty normal to have dev, QA and production accounts in that setting. We are constantly working to improve the quality, while keeping the pace on new features. I totally understand when some of these new releases cause disruption to existing processes, but we are working to make these changes as seamless as possible. Thank you for your feedback though. We'll continue to refine our execution.

Replied October 2018

Gina

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Exceeded Expectations

The onboarding team was wonderful and addressed every issue that came up. They were incredibly responsive and Apptivo delivered on all the features we wanted/needed. Apptivo is an absolutely critical part of our business at every level. From lead management, to sales and quoting, to implementation and onboarding of new customers. It is so much more than a CRM for us.

PROS

The onboarding team made sure all of our data was transferred over as we expected and they made everything so easy for us. It is really feature complete so we were able to eliminate multiple other systems and consolidate so it is easier for all staff involved.

CONS

The Outlook integration has had some trouble with calendar appointments that we had to work through.

Reason for choosing Apptivo

Apptivo is incredibly feature complete and they are more cost effective and support their own product so we can make changes ourselves and also reach out to their support team for help if we need it. It was the best fit for our business by far.

Reasons for switching to Apptivo

We were going to need to spend a lot to re-vamp some processes and it is all consultant based with Dynamics so we decided to look around at other options. Apptivo was by far the best fit for us. It is less costly and easier for us to maintain ourselves. Support and onboarding with Apptivo is top notch.

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2021

New CMS software

Apptivo has enabled us to maintain and improve our diary management, transitioning away from a much more expensive older established CRM system, which now feels quite outdated and slow by comparison after just a few weeks of using Apptivo.

PROS

This product is easy to use, once you leave behind any legacy training from your old software! It also comes with an excellent APP which enables you to INSTANTLY access your diary anywhere you are. this is a big plus. Once you understand the logic of the programme you realise there is a lot of functionality available to you. We will be picking up various new apps as we need them. this aspect is also helpful as you are not paying for anything you do not need.... until you need it!

CONS

Not a fault of the software, but our biggest challenge is simply unlearning how the old software worked, along with the absence of a right click function - which is the same for any browser based software.

Reason for choosing Apptivo

All the other options were far more costly / user with apparently similar functionality.

Reasons for switching to Apptivo

This product has an online web version but it is slow, cumbersome and with rather limited functionality which is really quite challenging to access online. We needed to be much more nimble and be able to access our diaries much more quickly and do not regret the move away from ACT.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Great CRM software with excellent service

As a group insurance provider, Apptivo has met our objectives and continues to service our account well. Our overall experience with Apptivo has been excellent.

PROS

Our implementation team was great. They spent a lot of time tailoring Apptivo exactly to our business. We did not have to make our business fit their software, they fit Apptivo to our business. The Apptivo team is still available to help, so service is excellent. It is so customizable and easy for our own team make changes to fields, views and screens. Very intuitive. Anything I need help with the Apptivo team is available.

CONS

I haven't found anything I don't like yet, because each customization I need, they are able to accommodate.

Reason for choosing Apptivo

Apptivo's easy of use, good reviews, service team and price were right for us.

Reasons for switching to Apptivo

ACT was too expensive and outdated to use. Customization was costly and not user friendly. We also wanted a cloud-based solution and Apptivo's is very good.

Maira

Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Flexible Software Platform

Cloud-based product is easy to use from anywhere, including mobile device. We required significant system customizations and most were successfully implemented. While we have trouble resolving issues using Apptivo's general Tech Support chat function (probably due to our breadth of customizations), our PM and Apptivo's technical team always provide good support when we have issues to address!

PROS

Its ability to accommodate the range of sales and technical information we track in a CRM. The Apptivo team was willing to affordably undertake necessary customizations to tailor the product to our business model.

CONS

Certain basic tools (i.e. drag and drop column-builder) are not features of this system. List upload function is complex. Mobile functionality is somewhat limited. Outlook integration is less user-friendly / flexible than ideal. Reporting functionality is limited without customized reports.

Reason for choosing Apptivo

Price relative to the feature set we required at the given time.

Obsolescence

Paula

Medical Devices, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2021

Solo User Migrating from Act! Not a sophisticated CRM user

I would rate the support team excellent. They are helpful. I need to spend more time working with Apptivo to evaluate the software properly

PROS

I am an independent rep working with many brands and had 15 years of contacts in Act database that I needed to extract with all my fields and notes intact. I am not super tech savvy! I made the switch to Apptivo because they have a data migration service for a reasonable fee. The team leader was wonderful and helped held my hand throughout the process. They created the apps that I needed to integrate my data. I have only been using the system for a few months and still learning so i will circle back once I am proficient.

CONS

I use Contacts-Customers & Leads - calendar & marketing. I have the same custom fields in all three apps. I am not thrilled with the fact that if you change a custom field in one app- it doesn't integrate with the others so I have to go into each app each time an update is needed which is time consuming. I wish there was a feature that addressed this. You can only integrate one mail platform so I cannot pull my mail from my various accounts into the Apptivo Suite.

Reasons for switching to Apptivo

I made the switch from Act! because as a single user it was too expensive to use their cloud platform and I need that to operate in the field. I wanted a CRM that I can access from any device.

5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed September 2020

import leads

very good customer support

PROS

Assistance in correcting my import error most helpful

CONS

email interface may be an issue for using program

Reasons for switching to Apptivo

cloud based, easier to set up and maintain database

Vernessa

Reviewed June 2018

Apptivo is All-Inclusive, Modern ERP Cloud App Done Right (Just Add Speed and GUI Refresh)

I was using Teamwork (formerly Teamwork PM) for project management, a local install of vTiger CRM for contacts and opportunity management, and myriad other cloud-based apps to pull together administrative activities. I wanted an all-inclusive software with strong project management features that also allowed me to handle detailed invoicing and allowed customers to click a link to pay. Lastly, the CRM component had to be at least as good as vTiger (or Zoho CRM which I'd also given a trial run). Apptivo satisfied these needs. Pleased with the CRM, opportunity management, project management, field service management, and billing apps (especially since they've added Stripe as a payment gateway).

PROS

They do not nickle-and-dime you to death! One price includes everything. Their tiers are about number of users rather than adding/subtracting features. A more sensible model than some of the others. I like how detail views are available from most places -- call logs, projects, tasks, and notes can be associated with a contact or company or opportunity. The integration with email is excellent, right down to making it easy to connect your email boxes. One challenge I had that Apptivo solved for me was how to keep emails related to a particular project or opportunity all together in one place. Apptivo does a good job of this by assigning codes (or project numbers), and allowing you to select whether or not the email you are writing is related. If you are writing emails using some other application (your desktop client or cloud-based app), you can use the same code in the subject line and Apptivo will pull that email into the app, and associate it with the relevant modules (project, client, case, etc.)

CONS

Apptivo is reliable, doesn't seem to ever lose information, etc. but it is often as slow as molasses in an ice storm. Waiting is a no-no; constant waiting is a annoyance that has made me close the app more than once and come back another time. Apptivo communicates improvements and changes on a regular basis, however, it takes Apptivo a long, loooooong time to integrate changes that have been requested by clients, and improvements overall. The incremental changes they report on are good but they are really things that should have been implemented 4-5 years ago. An example of this is Stripe (payment gateway) integration. I requested it over and over about 3 years ago but it was just implemented last year. They could do better with customization (esp. dashboards), reporting, data import, data export and speed. Low scores on API/integrations -- they have an API but not many other services have developed integrations for it. Neither have they developed many integrations (except for Google products). Even their WordPress module is outdated, clunky. Also, connection to phone services (to take better advantage of the ability to log calls). The interface still has areas that are clunky and unattractive (although, in defense of Apptivo, I must say the interface has improved in aesthetics, colors and icons in the 4 years I've been using it).

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. We exist because of great customers like yourself! Please feel free to reach out to us (support@apptivo.com) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you. Regards, Team Apptivo

Replied December 2018

Marisa

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

SDFRA Review of Apptivo

The overall experience has been great! By building this project with the Apptivo team, we were able to update our claims system and member database system, which was 12 years old. We can now run reports, track membership dues, grants provided to the members, communicate, document, run checks, etc. This system is very robust, and that is what we asked of the Apptivo team. We are still working on the project and just launched our "go-live" in-house and are very happy with it so far.

PROS

The most impactful feature of the Apptivo app is the administration and membership portal access. We have approximately 1,300 that will be utilizing this application. The membership side product is very straightforward; thank you to the Apptivo team for allowing our team to provide our feedback and fix any issues quickly for us to test. The integration of the new system was very smooth and almost seamless during the transition.

CONS

Our system was custom built to meet our needs. We would like to see specific items more automatic, and the Apptivo team is still working on making these features in for us.

Reason for choosing Apptivo

We chose Apptivo because their customer service stood out to our organization. From the start, the Apptivo team has been great at communicating with our team and meeting our expectations for this project build.

Reasons for switching to Apptivo

The old system that we had been using is out-of-date and around 12-years-old. There were many glitches, and it did not allow for updates to be made. We were unable to track membership dues, and many members had fallen off without our knowledge. Our reports were minimal and not what we currently need.

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Quite Satisfied Users.

The experience has been great. Afte a 60-day ordeal with SalesForce (see below), had Apptivo up and running in a day. Doing the job. Getting the results. Users happy. Highly recommended.

PROS

Ease of use. Flexibility and customization. Responsive (immediate) support. Integrated choice-based modules (one fee).

CONS

Would help to have a better understanding of the interaction between contacts, customers, opportunities, leads, etc. For example in our organization, a person can be 1,2,3 or all 4 of these simultaneously.

Reason for choosing Apptivo

Breadth of product features, customization, flexibility. In particular a lot of quite positive user reviews. Oh ... and ... price ... couldn't beat it.

Reasons for switching to Apptivo

Sixty wasted days trying to configure SalesForce (coming from someone who's re-engineered companies, built an entire ERP systems ground-up, worked in 24 languages). Then when switching from trial mode to live, all the work and the entire database were lost. Couldn't get anyone to help (except a repeated invitation to a video class on data conversions).

Paper & Forest Products, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2021

customer service gets you up to speed quickly

This has replace the ACT program I used to have and it is doing well.

PROS

I like the ease of getting answers from customer service if stumped. I am 72 and while the app is pretty easy to navigate I sometimes need help and the team always comes thru quickly.

CONS

nothing it is doing all that I need done and more.

Reason for choosing Apptivo

I knew ACT would eventually stop the support as they are leaning to total cloud programs so I thought Apptivo was a good alternative at a wonderful price.

Reasons for switching to Apptivo

I lost the program when doing a reset and with support no longer available for my app I decided to make a change .

Dawn

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2020

Wow, what a find!

An absolute pleasure to use the software and the support is fast and efficient ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], thank you). I've juggled and used a few different platforms previously to attain the same result. This one really does seem to be genuinely 'all in one', with little in the way of compromise. T

PROS

What I like most is the way you can build up your own business management system to suit your business which goes well beyond a CRM. Pricing is straightforward and extremely good value. The software has mind-boggling scope with its array of apps that are easy to 'buy' (no hidden extras, all part of the price). It's actually fun to use and is very customisable for an off the shelf package. I like the way you can clear off the stuff you simply don't need - for a custom, uncluttered look.

CONS

I'm still relatively new to it but at the moment - absolutely nothing.

Reasons for switching to Apptivo

I switched from a combination of Hubspot CRM and WorkflowMax by Xero for Project Mgt. Everything I need can now be done from this one platform....and more than i imagined too!

Kevin

Furniture, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Great Value and exceptional support

Moving from an Excel-based CRM which was not regularly updated, or even used by most of the team, we had plenty of room to improve. There are lots of products out there and we investigated quite a few. Some were cost-prohibitive and others just didn't feel comfortable, but with Apptivo, there was so much information, so much support, and all at a very reasonable price. I recommend them to everyone I discuss our CRM with.

PROS

In discussing our needs, I felt straight away that this was a company we could work with. The team went out of their way to ensure that we had everything that we wanted, even if we weren't always sure and changed our minds. they worked with us to ensure a great outcome, and as we now expand the suite of options we are using within the Apptivo framework, they're giving us the same level of service. Very highly recommended, give them a go and you'll not regret it.

CONS

I can't really think of anything. I can get in touch with someone by a multiplicity of methods and so far, they've always been able to resolve my issues, or at least explain why what I wanted is not practical or possible.

Josh

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Highly Recommend!

So far I've been extremely pleased with everything!

PROS

I enjoy that this CRM is modular so you can or subtract components that don't directly relate to your business (ie. Shipping, Locations, Invoicing, Properties, Contracts, etc). I also like that once you understand how Apptivo works in one app, you'll understand how the rest of them operate. Customer support was extremely helpful in growing my knowledge!

CONS

It took some time to learn how to customize it to my liking, along with plenty of help from customer service. So the learning curve was a little steep but nothing unusual compared to similar CRMs. Also, I have not maxed out my cloud storage or even come close but I anticipate that I will need more cloud storage.

Craig

Market Research, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2018

All-in-one ERP - broad coverage at a reasonable price

All-in-one business software, good support and value for the money.

PROS

An extremely broad range of applications. Apptivo beats most competitors in this respect; it really is an 'all-in-one' ERP in fact - not just a CRM. At the same time Apptivo is excellent value for the money. The 'in-app' live chat support is especially helpful, as you can deal with issues as they occur. The pricing is per user, broadening the base of potential organizations who will find Apptivo appealing from the outset, and scaling as the organization grows larger.

CONS

Being a 'jack of all trades', Apptivo cannot be expected to excel in every area. Some features - such as the two Wordpress plugins - seem neglected and are seldom updated or promoted. Given the popularity of WP it seems to be a missed opportunity to expand into the help desk market. Another example would be the customer portal, it seems a bit awkward. The customer must sign-up through Xinnect and then Apptivo as well to access their portal, even though Apptivo might not be relevant to them. It is also difficult to control exactly what clients will see, and they are shown a lot of irrelevant fields, even though there is a rudimentary role assignment mechanism. Combining this with cases (tickets) and answers (knowledge-base) should in theory provide an alternative to a help desk, but it is a long way round.