All Groove Reviews

Maxwel

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Best way to manage your customer support network

PROS

My favorite feature in Groove is the canned replies. If you get frequent support tickets and need an easy answer for them, you can write them early and pull them out to answer the same question over and over again. I use Canned replies for our Proactive Support. We let our clients know the issues they are having before they even know they are having them.

CONS

Frequent updates move features around and sometimes makes it difficult to find something that you use every day. Also they have a feature in which you can halt a reply for sending up to 30 seconds after hitting send, though it does not work for emails you start. Only ones you reply to.

Reviewed October 2021

Easy to manage the knowledge base & ticketing system!

Knowledge base & ticketing system at the same tool makes the life easier with Groove.

PROS

It's easy to manage the knowledge base & ticketing system mainly for SaaS companies with Groove.

CONS

They can offer more features to customize the webpage of knowledge base.

Reasons for switching to Groove

Ticketing system is more advanced in Groove.

Jared

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Not nearly as efficient as Outreach

I am sending prospecting emails to break into new accounts and reach new customers. It helps me to have tracked tasks and efficient email and call outreach day in and day out.

PROS

I do like that I can organize the order of the people I'm reaching out to in my flows. There are a few really good things about Groove from a flow building and Salesforce data retention front that are helpful.

CONS

Coming from Outreach, Groove isn't nearly as powerful or easy to use. There are so many things I preferred to do in Outreach that I can't do in Groove. Outreach's bulk import, the quick way to search for contacts that had been contacted just by searching the domain, looking at past email conversations, and better insight into email engagement are all things I had in Outreach that are glaringly missing from Groove. Groove feels clunky to me in how it interacts with my Gmail/Calendar and it's felt like more of an obstacle than an enabling software.

Reasons for switching to Groove

Wasn't my choice it was forced upon us.

Ensons

Human-centered ticketing system

Groove is the smartest "abstraction layer" over email I've seen so far. We don't think in terms of E-Mails any more (you wouldn't know there are any), but individual customer threads in a proper ticketing system.

PROS

Consider that pricing is not related to the amount of emails you receive or send. The ticket archive keeps growing, but you don't pay more over the years. That's great.

CONS

The interface is not as snappy as a desktop email client, so there is friction when you start using it. But as far as web technology is concerned, it's as good as it gets.

Mayra

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Groove Email Software + Knowledge Base

The ability to add notes, tags, snooze conversations, and create rules and folders has made my emails more organized than ever before. Managing 9 accounts used to be daunting and virtually impossible - and it had a negative impact on our customers because I would be too overwhelmed to respond and sort through my emails. Conversations would be forgotten, lost, or delayed. Now, I can power through emails with significantly less frustration and time, which has allowed me to focus my time and attention on other projects. This is further aided by our Knowledge Base, which has helped so many customers be more self-sufficient and find detailed answers to their questions without having to email staff and cut in to our already jam-packed schedules. Groove has helped us turn one of our most tedious and time consuming major project into a streamlined, easy to manage task.

PROS

In terms of the Email Software: You can have multiple inboxes in one single account, which is just absolutely amazing. You have the option of viewing emails as separate inboxes/categories (within the same homepage), or listing them as one streamlined inbox. The latter has boosted my email productivity significantly across multiple work emails, freelance emails, and personal emails. In terms of the Knowledge Base: It is so simple to add an article and organize it accordingly! It's super user-friendly and easy to navigate. Set up is easy. If you don't have coding experience, there's nothing to worry about! The software is intuitive and you won't need any coding at all. For those of us that have dabbled with coding—well, it's incredibly refreshing to not worry about fumbling with the bells and whistles to create something easy to navigate, sleek, and stylish. Less time focusing on the "busy" work, more time focusing on what's important: the content.

CONS

The ability to log phone calls through Groove has be revolutionary to me. It's changed the way I work. However, the functionality of logging phone calls is a bit behind all other features of Groove; it still needs some work. But, considering that's the only downside (and, admittedly, not a huge deal), it's definitely not something to worry about or a deciding factor.

Hi Mayra, thanks for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review on Capterra. Your feedback is very valuable and I was wondering if you would be potentially interested in publishing a customer story with Groove on our website?

Replied March 2019

Ezra

Reviewed January 2024

Absolutely love Groove and won't be using anything else as long as they're around

Awesome, from the moment we installed, we've been blown away with the platform and their willingness to listen to feedback and adapt as they go.

PROS

It's clearly made by a team who has used other platforms and know the short comings of them all. They want to make the best system possible while also keeping it fast and easy to use. We've come up against no walls with trying to use it in the way we need to and when we've asked any questions, the team is friendly, down to earth and just want to help make life easy. Shout out to Graham as well, love the work mate, thanks for the help!

CONS

Can't think of a thing. It's been great.

Jamie

Reviewed February 2024

Best of the Best

PROS

* Easy to setup * Easy for team members to use * Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication

CONS

Absolutely nothing - the team and company are amazing.

Emanuela

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Easy to use and very efficient!

PROS

The whole set up is very easy to use, the AI features was a complete game changer for my daily work. I use it daily (almost 2-3 hours working through Groove emails) and receive suggestions, summary and edit the message according to the customers I am sending it to feels great and changed the pov for our customers too as they felt communication was more personalised. New features notification helps me being always up-to-date with new implementations, and quick video explaination made a huge difference for my team too.

CONS

Not a big fan of the rating from customers

Reviewed December 2018

Great for customer support

Groove helps us keep on top of our customers' needs and gives us lots of options as a support team.

PROS

Groove works really well for our ticketing system. We can assign customer support tickets to various groups and people and we can track how they have moved throughout the system. Groove offers helpful stats and integrations and even has the option to house multiple knowledge bases through the same place.

CONS

The only thing I haven't liked is that the auto-refresh function didn't seem consistent so there were times when multiple people responded to the same ticket because they didn't see that it had been closed. This has probably been updated with their new Beta.

Micah

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Excellent support and a pretty great product too.

Very good. You keep making improvements.

PROS

The primary functionality that Groove provides (help desk, communication between users, etc…) is quite good.

CONS

Groove should be able to suggest canned or unique replies to tickets based on our content.

Josh

Reviewed April 2018

Useful and easy to use!

We are helping to solve the issues that clients get when using their websites. It's been a great way to keep on top of problems that are being reported.

PROS

It is good to keep track of all the support requests that we get in. It's a great way to keep on top of issues reported by clients.

CONS

The user interface can be slow sometimes to use, but I think they are doing a refresh soon so hopefully that will solve it.

Reviewed October 2020

Mobil nicht nutzbar, keine Weiterentwicklung und sehr, sehr langsam

Groove war eine tolle Erfahrung und wir haben über 1 Jahr damit unseren Support abgewickelt. Allerdings spart es kaum Arbeit im Vergleich zu einem normalen Mailclienten. Da wir stark wachsen, suchen wir nun ein Tool, welches unsere Mitarbeiter mit automatischen Vorschlägen unterstützt. Außerdem finden wir eine mobile Bedienbarkeit im Jahr 2020 als absolute Grundvoraussetzung für so ein System. Das kann Groove leider nicht bieten.

PROS

Erster Eindruck war sehr positiv, Groove bietet innovative Funktionen wie z.B. die Anbindung einer Knowledge Base und die API. Groove hat eine übersichtliche Benutzeroberfläche, die einfach zu bedienen ist, auch wenn das aggressive blau einem irgendwann nervt, wenn man den ganzen Tag damit arbeiten muss...

CONS

Leider entwickelt sich Groove scheinbar nicht weiter. Als wir die Software vor einem Jahr eingeführt haben, wurde uns versprochen, dass ein Chat-Widget "in kürze" Verfügbar ist. Das ist leider bis heute nicht der Fall. Außerdem ist die Software sehr oft sehr langsam und manchmal aktualisiert der Browser plötzlich das gesamte Fenster und alle Eingaben verschwinden. Groove ist außerdem auf mobilen Geräten (Smartphones) nicht nutzbar. Zwar gibt es eine responsive Ansicht, die allerdings ist sehr fehlerhaft und man kann z.B. bei einem Ticket jeweils nur die letzte Nachricht lesen und kann nicht auf den Verlauf zugreifen. Die Integrationen zu fremden Apps sind sehr begrenzt und nicht sinnvoll nutzbar. Wir haben das Mailchimp-Plugin installiert, was generell funktionstüchtig ist, allerdings nicht praxisorientiert. So klappt das Menü automatisch immer wieder ein und man muss bei jedem Ticket erst das Mailchimp-Menü in der Sidebar erneut aufklappen. Groove bietet leider auch nichts wirklich neues, innovatives. Die Regeln können keine Antworten an den Absender versenden. Automatische Vorschläge aufgrund der Knowledge Base gibt es nicht. An einen Mailbot über Künstliche Intelligenz, wie die Wettbewerber das machen, ist nicht zu denken.

Lo

Reviewed January 2017

Great look, needs some work on search and reporting

We initially chose Groove because we found it really easy to use, it didn't feel robotic and clunky from to our customers, you guys offered simple and easy tagging, and the promise of the added snooze feature. Those things have been great for us and I think has made our move to Groove a step above email. There is a lot of room for improvement in a couple of areas I can see. First would be search - I find Groove's search functionality slow and clunky. Almost every time I need to search for something, I find myself going back to Gmail and since this is something I do daily, I always need to have the account open in Groove and in Gmail. Our hope in this switch was to completely get out of email and the search functionality has made that impossible. I love being able to use the search operators Google has and if they're available in Groove as well I have not figured out how to get them to work. Additionally, the time frames I can search are very limiting. I have also found the reporting to be lackluster. We want to use this to help make our product better and we use tags on our messages to help keep track of what our customers are writing in about. It is helpful to see how many times each tag has been added to a message but that doesn't really give me the whole picture. I need to be able to see the messages themselves, which leads me back to the search function, and because the tags don't translate back into Gmail I'm stuck with the search available. If all I wanted to do was answer customer emails quickly in a pretty environment, Groove will get the job done without an issue. Because we're trying to use customer support to make our product better, I think there is a bit of a disconnect. There are a couple smaller bugs I see regularly but haven't been bothersome enough to write into support. For example, if I make a typo when I'm typing a tag in and backspace, then I am no longer able to use my arrow keys to navigate up and down the auto-complete list.

PROS

Pretty, easy to get new people on and teach them how to use the basic functions, tagging is super easy

CONS

Search, snooze options are limiting and need to be available when I'm composing a message, reporting

William

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Manages our support inboxes with ease!

PROS

Groove does what it sets out to in the most simple and easy to use manner. Shared Inboxes allow teams working on programs to efficiently respond to members. Coming from emails request with multiple recipients we ran into a lot of collision (having multiple agents respond simultaneously), but now you can see when/if a message has been answered and even when another agent is reviewing or responding IN REAL-TIME! Not to mention canned-replies allow teams to hone responses to common questions and agents can send accurate answers, consistently!

CONS

Searching for closed requests can be difficult, especially when searching for a particular issue. You can use tags, however it would require tagging every message, consistently while predicting queries necessary in the future.

Eric

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Groove Works, It's Easy to Use, and I LOVE IT!

I use Groove integrated with Wordpress on several sites, live chat with Olark, Slack and my favorite is capturing social media all in one place. The tight integration between the knowledge base feature and the ticketing system is also a favorite of mine. They've taken the complexity of other systems out and left in all the features. I have tried them all, and as a consultant at 74 Systems helping accounting and other professional services companies with marketing, technology, workflow and automation, I've recommended and implemented the other "big industry names" in many different circumstances. Not anymore! Since I've been a Groove user, I've never had to look elsewhere and my time to delivery is a fraction of what it once was and my clients LOVE the simplicity and power of the product. Win, win, win.

PROS

Groove is really easy to use and does the job that far more complex systems do, better. It really makes the process of building and managing a ticketing system and a knowledge base easy. The integrations with Wordpress are really slick and the add on integrations with Slack and live chat support are just awesome. It's the ideal blend of performance, capability, integration, and function. It just works and it's a pleasure to use.

CONS

Mobile can be a bit challenging but it's gotten better over time.

Kirsten

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Fueled by Happiness Rating

PROS

What I like most about Groove is the ability to integrate so many things into it. For instance, when a customer reaches out to us I am able to see all of their account information right in groove.

CONS

The thing I like the least about Groove is being unable to set tickets to pending. This is a functionality that was replaced by a "Snooze" feature in Groove 2.0. I think it says a lot about a product that the thing I like the least was replaced by a potentially better feature that I just need to get used to and determine how to make work for my needs.

Hi Kirsten, we really appreciate your positive feedback. Thank you for sharing it! Regarding replacement of "pending" with "snooze", we know that it's not easy to get used to a change especially if you were using specific feature on a daily basis. We hope that, in a long-term, you will see the benefit of snooze which gives you more flexibility than pending. Did you get a chance to try the new "indefinite snooze" feature? When you snooze a conversation indefinitely, no re-open time is set, and it will stay snoozed until a user ¿unsnoozes¿ manually or changes the status back to open/close. It serves the same purpose as the "pending" status.

Replied March 2019

Ling Ling

Publishing, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2017

Groove keeps both the customer and the employee in mind

Groove is an excellent customer service support platform because it makes sharing and discussing cases much easier in a convenient manner. Groove allows for internal notes, auto-fills in emails if you've emailed that specific individual before, allows for merging cases, alarms, different statuses, different mailboxes within the same interface, and much more. Groove also makes use of color coding for the different features available, such as yellow for internal notes. Groove also allows for multiple users to be logged on Groove at the same time, which allows multiple users to view the same ticket -- a feature that was missing from a different support platform I've tried previously. Groove's own customer support is also extremely friendly and responsive, and they're great at keeping you updated. I especially enjoy reading the articles from their blog!

PROS

* Multiple users able to be logged in at the same time * Notes feature * Merging ability * Customizable settings by user * Multiple mailboxes * Tracker * App integration * Friendly and very responsive support team (quick to fix bugs)

CONS

* It'd be nice if the Notes feature also had the rich text formatting options available (you can use them if you copy/paste though). * It'd be nice if we could minimize past emails in a thread so we don't have to scroll through them all each time.

Nathan