All HelpDesk Reviews

Wayne

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2022

The best HelpDesk for small business website owners

Customer Support was hard to get a hold of through Shopify App and took over a week to get help and then was told I cannot use my HelpDesk on Shopify I would have to start over with a new account.

PROS

Features, layout, tags, spam blocking, email signature in outgoing emails, domain verification for outgoing emails so it has our email address

CONS

You can not integrate with Shopify unless you start a whole new account with a different domain and email then you have to start all over from scratch. Very disappointed as I have an integration with LiveChat but HelpDesk is separate for some reason in Shopify and they are the same company.

Reason for choosing HelpDesk

Because it integrates with LiveChat which I have used for over 6 years.

Reasons for switching to HelpDesk

HelpScout was very difficult learning curve and made for bigger teams. Gorgias could not get my domain verified to use my company email address to send and reply to customers.

Nick

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2024

Great experience with Helpdesk so far

PROS

Love the interface and ease of use. The interface and workflow is intuitive and easy to work in.

CONS

Looking forward to new features about segmenting users and customers who submit tickets.

Reason for choosing HelpDesk

Cost, features, ease of use. We needed something that was quick and easy to set up, and we also already used Livechat and Knowledgebase.

Reasons for switching to HelpDesk

Netsuite is a massive product that is not well suited to customer support. Helpdesk has blown it out of the water in the world of ticket management.

Lianne

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Helpdesk

We purchased this program to help us with ticket management, as we were handling our customer service tickets through regular email. This system does allow us to do that. However, the system is not customizable, and it is very cumbersome and clunky. I would definitely not recommend this system to anyone else.

PROS

-- Provides an easier way to manage requests that come into our business than through regular email. -- Gives an option for writing internal notes so that agents can make private comments to one another inside tickets for background -- Keeps all our support requests in one location so they are easier to find and manage than regular email

CONS

-- Templates / emails cannot be customized without knowledge of HTML -- Poor customer service -- we have submitted tickets as well as chatted with CS on issues that required further investigation on their end. They have told us each time they would get back to us, but they never have. If they can't resolve the issue right at that moment, we never hear from them again. -- Our automated responses that we have set up to trigger when someone submits a ticket go our to every agent, every single time someone submits a ticket. Very annoying. The automated responses also become part of the ticket thread, which makes the threads long and cumbersome. We have asked them to please shut this off, and have been told they cannot do that.

Reason for choosing HelpDesk

Another team member was using Livechat, and suggested that Helpdesk would integrate more easily with Livechat.

Hi Lianne, Here's Weronika from HelpDesk. Thank you for your honest review. I've read it carefully and would like you to know that it's crucial to make HelpDesk usable and meet your needs. Email templates indeed require HTML knowledge, but luckily you can always use our default template. It's ready to implement and will make your messages look professional. I'm sorry we left your message unanswered. We didn't do this on purpose. Our support heroes do their best 24/7 to answer your doubts. I'll see what happened with your ticket to make sure this never happens again. Now, the issue with automated workflows. They're designed to make your job easier, so I deeply regret that it didn't work out as expected. I'd appreciate knowing exactly how you've set them up so we can make them run in your favor. Email us directly at weronika@helpdesk.com to discuss the matter and reactivate your account for a month for free. I'll do my best to make your experience with HelpDesk enjoyable.

Replied May 2021

Adam

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Efficient Help Desk solution

Even though in our business model we don't deal with as many clients as say a manufacturing company, it is still important to solve clients' inquiries on time. Being a small company, without the integrations and the efficient management, that wouldn't be possible.

PROS

The feature I like the most that influenced me to choose HelpDesk is the ability to integrate it with a plethora of different platforms and automate a lot of processes. At this stage of growing our company, we are focused on streamlining our workflow and optimizing the usage of the resources we have.

CONS

I don't think there are many things they got wrong. We had some glitches and slowdowns on certain occasions. Also, I think a sound notification when a new message arrives could be helpful.

Reasons for switching to HelpDesk

We wanted to try the new integrations inside of HelpDesk when they first came up with them and we decided afterwards to migrate platforms.

Chad

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Operations and Admin use with My Secure Advantage Inc. (MSA)

We love it. We use HelpDesk, LiveChat, and ChatBot

PROS

We love the ability to quickly process support and/or member-facing requests through the website or the App.

CONS

N/A - Support isn't available live since we are on the west coast of the United States and y'all are in Poland. Even though we have to submit tickets, support has been very quick and collaborative

The intergration of the three products we have HelpDesk, LiveChat, and ChatBot

Poor support and availability

Mantvydas

Machinery, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

We have what we need, but there is always what to improve

Everything is suitable and in the end of the day does the job

PROS

Great to have a form for customer to fill which was easy to implement in the website and to start gather tickets

CONS

We needed different inputs to a form and we were unable to create custom inputs or text box to gather more specific information from customer, for example remote software login details or warranty number. Also we lack of analysis data, we cant know which our selling products receive most tickets.

Reason for choosing HelpDesk

Recommendations from other websites, we tried and it fit our needs

not enough features

Stephen

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Very Useful to start a Helpdesk experience

Overall Helpdesk has been great for me to begin using a ticket system. Before we where using Helpdesk it was difficult for my team to keep track of which problems were solved and who was responsible for them, but now my agents always know what they are responsible for and they are able to see each ticket though to completion.

PROS

Helpdesk is very easy to get started with and is extremely affordable compared to other options. It was very easy for me to already use our existing Helpdesk email address and give my agents a way to track their tickets. The software is very easy for my agents to understand and it is great that they can access it online anywhere.

CONS

I would like to see an option for omnichannel so we can respond to customers in the medium they use to first reach out rather than always have to redirect to our support email.

Reason for choosing HelpDesk

Zendesk was way too expensive for us as a small business. They have much better features than Helpdesk, but since we are not a large scale company yet we do not need all of the features Zendesk offers and we can not afford to pay for them.

Gerry

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Good Choice

PROS

The clean design and ease of use are what I like most about HelpDesk.

CONS

A direct print option would be nice to have.

Reasons for switching to HelpDesk

HelpDesk is better designed and more effective for what our company does.

Gerry, thank you for your review! We're thrilled you find HelpDesk's design and usability beneficial. We appreciate your suggestion for a direct print option and will consider it for future updates. We're glad HelpDesk better meets your company's needs. Feel free to reach out if you need anything! Best, The HelpDesk Team

Replied June 2024

Berny

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Helpdesk - Dradni Group

We use helpdesk for tickets, verification codes and sales tracking. I am impressed with its features.

PROS

I like the way it’s easy to use, the layout of it and the functionality both plans offer

CONS

I dislike the introduction of the new plan rather suddenly, taking away features of the team plan.

Reasons for switching to HelpDesk

Became partners with livechat so wanted to use their products to know the service we sell to customers.

Max

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Overall an uncomplicated tool for support staff.

PROS

Set up process is not complicated. Easy to use for people with all levels of tech skills.

CONS

No major issues so far. I have not yet experienced any trouble.

Thank you for taking time to write a review about our product!

Replied June 2024

Nicholas

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Easy to use!

PROS

HelpDesk is very easy to set up and start using. I find it especially helpful for some of our non-technical co-workers, compared to other support software we've used which required some extensive instructions to help onboarding coworkers.

CONS

Certain actions can only be done using the multiple select checkbox, for example closing a single ticket either requires you to go into the ticket and update the status, or use the multiple select checkbox to close a ticket. The spam filter is also quite annoying, while it does block a lot of spam emails, we've missed quite a few non-spam tickets, resulting in upset clients.

Reason for choosing HelpDesk

Mainly price, we're a smaller company that can't justify the higher price for many features we don't use that other services offer. Also simplicity, while extra features can be helpful, they tend to slow us down as a smaller team.

Danielle

Libraries, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2020

So easy you can't pass it up!

It's been a pleasure to use and has made my job so much easier!

PROS

There is really no learning curve for using this software. From the first day you are ready to go, helping your clients, and getting feedback for your services. They are very receptive to feedback and are constantly improving the software. Love it!

CONS

I love it!! This software is so easy to use I don't have any complaints.

Price and ease of use.

Reasons for switching to HelpDesk

The price was great and the software was much more user friendly compared to what we were using.

Rudy

Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2022

mixed bag

We definitely use the ticketing every day and it is easy enough to use. Now that the pricing schema has changed, we are much less happy because we have to pay for LiveChat which we only use as user interface on the website and the HelpDesk pricing is slightly too high in our view.

PROS

The integration was pretty easy, and the reliability is great, we never had one failure in 3+ years of using it. The support team is great and reacts almost immediately.

CONS

- Lack of a proper mobile app- when used in a mobile browser, almost impossible to use- no plugin for WordPress- we have to use LiveChat as well although we don't want it, as it has a WordPress plugin and HelpDesk does not. So we have to manage two environments.

we always used HelpDesk

Javier

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Easy to use customer service software

Our main goal is not to have customer support but we know that's nearly impossible. We integrated the API with our SAAS and users can request customer support in a matter of 2 clicks.

PROS

It is very easy to integrate with any kind of product. Users in our SAAS can now in a matter of 2 clicks give us feedback or request some customer support.

CONS

None, I really love how easy was to set up with out SAAS

Pricing and integrations

Alan

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Great Live chat for Instant communication

We are happy with the Livechat, it has given our customers a way to ask us immediate questions and us be able to support them in real time vs an email contact system

PROS

We like the easy integration and ability to show the live chat on the pages we pick, rather than all. Short cuts are a great time saver as we get multiple queries for support so we can send them off

CONS

We don't have many issues with software, just the people on the other end :)

Reason for choosing HelpDesk

Recommendation from other business unit

Abdul

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Better than others I've used

PROS

I used to use LiveChat ticketing but it wasn't mobile friendly.

CONS

+ Doesn't have direct integration with ChatBot. + No smileys when replying to tickets.

Budget

Mobile responsive

Harland

Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Helpdesk & Pyzel Surfboards

Overall my experience has been fantastic. Helpdesk has helped our employees in different location come together to support customers quickly and easily.

PROS

From integration to customer support, Helpdesk was in fact the most helpful asset to provide our customers and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.

CONS

There could always be more customizations on things like widget format and email format, but generally speaking everything is great.

Madde

Insurance, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Awesome System!

Overall, this feature has been super useful to my business, highly recommend!!

PROS

This product is so easy to use. I love the ability to assign different messages to different users.

CONS

I wish that we would be able to receive a notification sound when we received a message on the help desk.

Jacob