HelpDesk Software Reviews

HelpDesk Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"The internal note feature ensures that everyone in the team is on the same page, resulting in a great client experience."
  • icon"Helpdesk is very easy to get started with and is extremely affordable compared to other options."
  • icon"Simple yet very powerful helpdesk tool which helps to manage all the customers' requests in one place. It's very easy to integrate it with Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Outlook and Office 365."
  • icon"Emails get caught in Spam sometimes when they aren't spam."
  • icon"There is an obvious lack of control over training, nuances can be lost. Customers may find it too impersonal."
  • icon"About creating password that is most be be problem in this software."

Browse all HelpDesk Reviews

• Have you used HelpDesk and would like to share your experience with others?

Vanessa

Efficient and Easy to use!

I love how it makes our tasks easier and we're excited to discover more of its other features that we can use in our other lines of business. :)

Pros

What I liked the most about HelpDesk is that it gives us the convenience of being able to work on our tickets on an organized page, thus saving a lot of time. It's simple and so easy to use. The internal note feature ensures that everyone in the team is on the same page, resulting in a great client experience.

Cons

I'm still in the process of getting to know more about HelpDesk but I'm already loving it.

Stephen

Very Useful to start a Helpdesk experience

Overall Helpdesk has been great for me to begin using a ticket system. Before we where using Helpdesk it was difficult for my team to keep track of which problems were solved and who was responsible for them, but now my agents always know what they are responsible for and they are able to see each ticket though to completion.

Pros

Helpdesk is very easy to get started with and is extremely affordable compared to other options. It was very easy for me to already use our existing Helpdesk email address and give my agents a way to track their tickets. The software is very easy for my agents to understand and it is great that they can access it online anywhere.

Cons

I would like to see an option for omnichannel so we can respond to customers in the medium they use to first reach out rather than always have to redirect to our support email.

Reasons for choosing HelpDesk

Zendesk was way too expensive for us as a small business. They have much better features than Helpdesk, but since we are not a large scale company yet we do not need all of the features Zendesk offers and we can not afford to pay for them.

Ashley

Great way to help users!

Pros

The ease of the program for beginner users!

Cons

More detailed training would help out some in the beginning as well as better app control.

Lianne

Helpdesk

We purchased this program to help us with ticket management, as we were handling our customer service tickets through regular email. This system does allow us to do that. However, the system is not customizable, and it is very cumbersome and clunky. I would definitely not recommend this system to anyone else.

Pros

-- Provides an easier way to manage requests that come into our business than through regular email. -- Gives an option for writing internal notes so that agents can make private comments to one another inside tickets for background -- Keeps all our support requests in one location so they are easier to find and manage than regular email

Cons

-- Templates / emails cannot be customized without knowledge of HTML -- Poor customer service -- we have submitted tickets as well as chatted with CS on issues that required further investigation on their end. They have told us each time they would get back to us, but they never have. If they can't resolve the issue right at that moment, we never hear from them again. -- Our automated responses that we have set up to trigger when someone submits a ticket go our to every agent, every single time someone submits a ticket. Very annoying. The automated responses also become part of the ticket thread, which makes the threads long and cumbersome. We have asked them to please shut this off, and have been told they cannot do that.

Reasons for choosing HelpDesk

Another team member was using Livechat, and suggested that Helpdesk would integrate more easily with Livechat.

Response from LiveChat Software

Hi Lianne, Here's Weronika from HelpDesk. Thank you for your honest review. I've read it carefully and would like you to know that it's crucial to make HelpDesk usable and meet your needs. Email templates indeed require HTML knowledge, but luckily you can always use our default template. It's ready to implement and will make your messages look professional. I'm sorry we left your message unanswered. We didn't do this on purpose. Our support heroes do their best 24/7 to answer your doubts. I'll see what happened with your ticket to make sure this never happens again. Now, the issue with automated workflows. They're designed to make your job easier, so I deeply regret that it didn't work out as expected. I'd appreciate knowing exactly how you've set them up so we can make them run in your favor. Email us directly at weronika@helpdesk.com to discuss the matter and reactivate your account for a month for free. I'll do my best to make your experience with HelpDesk enjoyable.

Replied May 2021

Nicholas

Easy to use!

Pros

HelpDesk is very easy to set up and start using. I find it especially helpful for some of our non-technical co-workers, compared to other support software we've used which required some extensive instructions to help onboarding coworkers.

Cons

Certain actions can only be done using the multiple select checkbox, for example closing a single ticket either requires you to go into the ticket and update the status, or use the multiple select checkbox to close a ticket. The spam filter is also quite annoying, while it does block a lot of spam emails, we've missed quite a few non-spam tickets, resulting in upset clients.

Reasons for choosing HelpDesk

Mainly price, we're a smaller company that can't justify the higher price for many features we don't use that other services offer. Also simplicity, while extra features can be helpful, they tend to slow us down as a smaller team.

Wayne

March 2022

The best HelpDesk for small business website owners

Customer Support was hard to get a hold of through Shopify App and took over a week to get help and then was told I cannot use my HelpDesk on Shopify I would have to start over with a new account.

Pros

Features, layout, tags, spam blocking, email signature in outgoing emails, domain verification for outgoing emails so it has our email address

Cons

You can not integrate with Shopify unless you start a whole new account with a different domain and email then you have to start all over from scratch. Very disappointed as I have an integration with LiveChat but HelpDesk is separate for some reason in Shopify and they are the same company.

Reasons for choosing HelpDesk

Because it integrates with LiveChat which I have used for over 6 years.

Reasons for switching to HelpDesk

HelpScout was very difficult learning curve and made for bigger teams. Gorgias could not get my domain verified to use my company email address to send and reply to customers.

Javier

February 2022

Easy to use customer service software

Our main goal is not to have customer support but we know that's nearly impossible. We integrated the API with our SAAS and users can request customer support in a matter of 2 clicks.

Pros

It is very easy to integrate with any kind of product. Users in our SAAS can now in a matter of 2 clicks give us feedback or request some customer support.

Cons

None, I really love how easy was to set up with out SAAS

Pricing and integrations

Abdul

Better than others I've used

Pros

I used to use LiveChat ticketing but it wasn't mobile friendly.

Cons

+ Doesn't have direct integration with ChatBot. + No smileys when replying to tickets.

Budget

Mobile responsive

Rex

Superb Product but lacking some features

Pros

It's easy to understand and aesthetically pleasing to work in.

Cons

It lacks some of the more advance features that more mature Helpdesk solutions offer. The integration with their livechat product is weak and essentially worthless.

Better pricing

Response from LiveChat

Hi Rex, Thank you for your feedback! We do our best to create the best help desk experience for our customers and to constantly improve our product. We want HelpDesk to be simple to learn and use. Some more advanced features would not correlate with delivering our core value. If you don't mind, we will be in touch to collect a few more information regarding LiveChat integration. Cheers, HelpDesk Team

Replied April 2020

Anna

The ideal tool for Support Teams

Pros

Using this ticketing system, you can manage all of your communication with clients (emails, live chat messages, and others) in a simple and easy way. You can create ticketing lists using defined filters or tags – it helps to manage tasks between teammates. I really like the feature of adding your own notes to the ticket – thanks to that all users can see it and use it to solve the client’s problem.

Cons

Pricing is a bit high, so there is a possibility that startups and small companies won’t be able to afford this tool.

Hunter

March 2022

Great for Managing customer requests

Pros

Very easy to know which tasks are yours and assign tasks to others. I like the custom notifications for when a customer responds.

Cons

Forwarding doesn't work the way it should sometimes on the client's end.

Danielle

Industry: Libraries

So easy you can't pass it up!

It's been a pleasure to use and has made my job so much easier!

Pros

There is really no learning curve for using this software. From the first day you are ready to go, helping your clients, and getting feedback for your services. They are very receptive to feedback and are constantly improving the software. Love it!

Cons

I love it!! This software is so easy to use I don't have any complaints.

Price and ease of use.

Reasons for switching to HelpDesk

The price was great and the software was much more user friendly compared to what we were using.

Madde

Awesome System!

Overall, this feature has been super useful to my business, highly recommend!!

Pros

This product is so easy to use. I love the ability to assign different messages to different users.

Cons

I wish that we would be able to receive a notification sound when we received a message on the help desk.

Richard

Better than the rest!

We've used Salesforce Service Cloud, Zendesk, Groove and a slew of others. The team at Helpdesk has built a functionally rich solution that doesn't require a degree to understand how to operate. We're able to manage tickets in a clean and visually minimal environment and get information without needing to execute multiple clicks. Definitely recommend this solution for teams of all sizes.

Pros

Super easy to get up and running and start managing customer support inquiries. The support team at HelpDesk is very attentive in addressing any questions.

Cons

Tighter integration with LiveChat when we selected the software would have been great, but that has since been rolled out.

Anushka

Efficient solution for customer support

When it comes to ticket management and building a better customer bond helpdesk was very easy and detailed to work with

Pros

When it comes to ticket management and building a better customer bond, HelpDesk is one tool that will be on the top of my recommendation list. All the results are present in one place that makes it easy for me to take a look and enhance my performance. Everything is so detailed and simple.

Cons

I don’t have such a problem with this application, my work is going on smoothly without any hassle as such.

Stephanie

LOVE THIS PRODUCT

MY OVERALL EXPERIENCE IS THAT ANYTHING THAT WE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HELPDESK CAN SOLVE IT.

Pros

THIS PRODUCT HELPS MY COMPANY IN EVERYDAY ACTIVITIES. WE COULDN'T RUN OUR BUSINESS WITHOUT THIS AMAZING PRODUCT

Cons

I DON'T THINK THAT THIS PRODUCT COULD BE IMPROVED. IT HAS ALL THE FEATURES THAT A COMPANY NEEDS TO BE EFFIECIENT

Nandy

HelpDesk - Helps with Customer Satisfaction

We don't have time to answer customer complaints so HelpDesk helps us keep track. We are able to focus on what customers want and spend time fixing or adding value to our services.

Pros

Help keep track of tickets (customer complaints) and who handles them. Helps organization to keep training current Helps organization to focus on their core competencies. It frees up time to focus on adding value to customer service.

Cons

There is an obvious lack of control over training, nuances can be lost. Customers may find it too impersonal. It can reflect badly on the organization if representatives are not professional. Some cultural differences may occur and miscommunication can happen.

PAMELA

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Pros

yes. The ease of using the product. The availability of the product.

Cons

There is a learning curve to using this product, but once you have familiarize yourself with it, it is awesome.

Industry: Program Development