All RemotePC Reviews

Used unspecified

Reviewed February 2024

RemotePC Review: Remote Pc's Ease of Use and Price is Great!

Translation and Localization, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2022

Cheaper than the competition, with all the features I need

RemotePC is cheaper than the competition, with all the features I need.

PROS

Price: RemotePC is cheaper than the competition. I previously used another program (ZOHO Assist) but was looking for something better, but also cheaper if possible. RemotePC is cheaper, especially since I got the special discount for getting a 2-year subscription.Audio chat:I use RemotePC to hop onto computers of friends and family to help them fix things and troubleshoot. The video chat functionality is extra cool as we can can video or audio chat while I help them fix things on their computer.Good connection:I have fibre optic internet but the people I help remotely often have pretty terrible internet and yet it works perfectly.

CONS

A minor thing but I don't need the video aspect of Video chat, I just use it to chat to the person I am helping by voice. A simple audio chat feature would be cool.

too expensive

Peter

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Very positive experience with RemotePC

PROS

There are a few things I really like about RemotePC. First, it is highly functional for the work we do. I have an employee overseas who is able to remote into a work computer in my office and only on very rare occasions does she have any issues with lag or glitching. Secondly, this product is very fairly priced compared to the competition. Very happy overall.

CONS

So far, I haven't experience any issues that would cause me to write a negative review. Everything is positive at this point.

Reason for choosing RemotePC

I chose this product over other competitors because of the reviews on reputable sites as well as the price which was very reasonable.

Elizabeth

Farming, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Easy setup, reasonable pricing for small businesse

PROS

It was super easy to set up RemotePC on all of my computers. The cost was very reasonable for a small business with a limited budget.

CONS

So, far I haven't found a problem with any of the features.

Reason for choosing RemotePC

RemotePC offered ease of setup and a price that fits our budget.

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

TeamViewer is super expensive and the "free" version is limited and times out.

Rob

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Mediocre support and continuous issues

My overall experience using the tool when not running into any issues is alright, if everything was working and going to plan i was able to work as intended. Unfortunately, this is a rare occurrence for me personally. Due to the lack of EU support, we have had to wait days for an issue to get solved, sometimes even to not get an answer back till we contact support back ourselves. Because of this support and the continuous number of issues we have run into we, at the current state of the product, would not recommend it to businesses planning on using it in the EU region. I feel like the product would be a lot more useable if you have the phone support the US region does, this is why i recommend getting an EU line.

PROS

What i like about the software is the availability is has, you are technically able to do anything you have to be able to do in a remote session to be able to work normally in a remote session like; printing, file transfer and the fact you are able to launch certain apps only through RDP Connector.

CONS

What i currently do not like about RemotePC is the lack of support for people in the EU region and the number of issues we have run into. The support for people in the EU region is slim to none, the chat support is great, but they are only 1st line and are not able to perform any actual support actions other than tell you where you can get help, help you with FAQ and check the status on your support tickets. The actual support (via email and phone) is poor. We have only an hour a day where we can get proper support via phone and even then, we usually end up getting forwarded and told to wait a few business days before an issue can be resolved and that we should check our email through the week. This has cost us a lot of time and because of this we have not been able to finish the work for a client for nearly a month now. The email replies are a lot of time very minimal and sometimes we dont even get a response back for days or at all, we ask support again and get told to wait a few more days and give the team some more time. As an IT provider this is unacceptable and can cause for a loss of clients, this also causes for a company to look into other alternatives to this product. Therefore, my biggest suggestion for RemotePC is a support line for Europe or a general 5 day 24 hours a day call line.

Reason for choosing RemotePC

We ended up choosing RemotePC because the trial we did felt good and had all the actions we needed to supply this program to our clients. But because of the number of issues we have been having we are now in doubt of said decision again.

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

Mainly the price of the product, splashtop is a lot more expensive than RemotePC.

Hi, thanks for the review. Please get in touch with our support team so we can see if we can get this working properly for you. idrive.com/support

Replied October 2022

Martin

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Surprised by so this product when looking for some alternative

Haven't been using it very intensively so far because of mid-term health issues when I'm limited regarding the amount of work I usually do, but overally I'm happy with RemotePC

PROS

Simple setup, rich options to configure, smooth performance

CONS

It's not a matter of life and death, but modern design of GUI would be welcome

Reason for choosing RemotePC

I told to myself I will give it a try for such friendly price and I found RemotePC to be good enough for me.

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

TeamViewer used to be very simple and demanded minimum effort, but it changed recently

Wholesale, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Remote PC is Great!

Compared to what we have been using for years, this is much, much better! I would get kicked out all the time and have to reload it. Recently they changed and we could not download it with blacking it out.

PROS

We started with Remote PC 5 days ago and it's great! It is fast to login and dependable.

CONS

So far there is nothing that I do not like.

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

After using another remote product since COVID, it started to kick me out and I would have to download it again. They changed the downloads so we could not get the program we were using all that time. It was very frustrating and took a lot of time. I'm so happy we changed!

Kerry

Renewables & Environment, 2-10 employees

RemotePC - AWESOME!!!

This has been a wonderful experience, especially after dealing with TeamViewer and never getting the answer to my question. They responded, however, not to the question asked.

PROS

The ease of installation, features and easy access.

CONS

Haven't found any! The product is working great.

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

The lack of customer support and inability to speak or chat with a representative. My question was never answered, I was directed to the website; which did not have the answer to my question! Also, they do not offer a refund, even if the product was never used and the service cancelled within 1 day.

Halimatun

Accounting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Remote desktop easily

PROS

Connecting and remote connection with desktop using RemotePC is very easy and can be setup as fast as under 1 minute. I use it to solved minor problem on my colleague desktop from my workstation.

CONS

It need a strong and stable internet connection on my end and the target desktop to have a smooth connectivity.

Randy

Computer & Network Security, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

One of my favorite applications. Does exactly what I need it to do to support friends, families and clients across the country.

PROS

This is the easiest and most affordable remote support solution out there. Install the full suite on the manangement computer and the Viewer client on the supported machines and log in and voila, you are managing remote clients securely and quickly

CONS

Nothing. No complaints. This is a solid product at the right price point per seat.

Reason for choosing RemotePC

Best value and functionality at the right price point per seat. Love that it is cross platform compatible

Joe

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Remote PC is Great

It's only been a couple of weeks but feeling good about it.

PROS

Ease and ability using their Remote Access.

CONS

There was nothing to dislike. I am also very comfortable with the product.

Reason for choosing RemotePC

I felt comfortable with the support staff, cost of product., their tech support team and I also use IDrive & I Backup

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

Not happy with the service and the cost of the product.

Kasha

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

Great Product for Remote Work

PROS

How easy it was to setup on a new computer.

CONS

I haven’t found anything I dislike about the product.

Stan

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2023

A great product for a reasonable price.

Remote access and remote file transfer are both easy and relatively reliable, with the exception of what I mentioned under "cons". Security is good. Feature set seems good, even if I don't think I'll be using a number of the other available features. Great value for the product.

PROS

I appreciate both the ease of use of the product and it's constant security to ensure that whomever is trying to access a given machine is authorized to do so.

CONS

The software can sometimes randomly disconnect during a session and needs to reconnect or I need to close the window and reconnect. It's not often, and not a critical problem, but I've notice it has happened on a few of the remote control sessions that I've done so far. Perhaps the software need a slightly better timeout/critical action handling function to more seamlessly deal with this type of situation so it's less obvious/intrusive to the user. I'm not on low-bandwidth connections, so that doesn't seem like it's the issue.

Reason for choosing RemotePC

Best combination of features, security and per-workstation cost.

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

I wanted to add a third machine to be able to remote control it and they wanted to jack up the price from under $100/year to over $800/year because I would need to move up to the "business class" package. No friggin' way am I paying that much for remote control software on a per-machine basis. RemotePC offers a fair price for 10 machines and a good feature set and works as well or better than the LogMeIn product.

Cheryl

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2021

Great product for remote access

I have been using Remote PC for two years now. It was a Godsend when I needed to figure out how to remotely access my first client. Especially in this day of COVID, everyone needs to be able to remotely access a computer.

PROS

It is a wonderful product and the price can't be beat. We also use this product at my workplace. It is wonderful that I can copy documents from one computer to another. Before this feature, I was having to email documents from one computer and then access them through email on the other. I also like that I can have multiple clients on my computer.

CONS

The only thing I don't like about RemotePC is that the screen of the remote computer is very small and hard to see.

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

I got a new computer and it did not let me access TeamViewer on my new computer. Now I'm glad it didn't or I never would have tried RemotePC. It is better than TeamViewer and much less expensive.

1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

RemotePC is a good value

RemotePC is a good value and good enough for my remote desktop needs.

PROS

The remote control mostly works as expected. There are better products but they are more than 10x more expensive and not worth the extra cost for my needs. For personal use remote pc is a good value after the stand alone application is downloaded and configured.

CONS

With a slow connection just using the "Connect" button via "Connect with desktop application" took too long to connect (like 5-10 minutes every time) However after I download and installed/configured the remotepc.exe application everything was fine and it only took a few seconds to connect. The slowness was due to a very slow connection but I am doing this from a hospital bed to get to my home pc so I have to use whatever WIFI is available. Before using the remotepc.exe application I had some confusion with two cursors on the screen and less responsiveness when selecting where I had to hold the item for about a second to get selected.

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

TeamViewer is no longer free for personal use and I not spending $300/yr for remote desktop for personal use.

Kevin

Medical Practice, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2023

I can't believe I did not use this product years ago

I am so overjoyed that I have told others. I have already had 3 friends in the last week download and begin using RemotePC.

PROS

The software was easy to download onto the computer. It is also easy to use and very fast to connect to my office computer. The first time I downloaded it to my office and then to my laptop, I logged on 15 diffrent times during the day to just make sure it worked. I just logged on now as I write this review and I got to my computer at work in seconds. It's fast and so affordable. I was using TeamViewer for the last few years and they were charging me over $600 for a single user. I can't believe RemotePC is better and is way more affordable.

CONS

Honestly, there is nothing so far except for slightly slow transitions of screens occasionally. But that is more due to my internet at my office vs. the Remote PC product itself.

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

Terrible customer service both via internet and phone. Only one person was kind enough recently to try and work with me. I told the management I had been overcharged over the last two years, but they did not do enough to try and maintain the relationship. In fact, if I had not been so upset with TeamViewer, I never would have sought out RemotePC.

Adrian

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

A great tool

In general it has been great! Easy to use, easy to configure and easy to follow up. Also is very cheap and offers a lot of stuff to make your remote working even better

PROS

Is very easy to start using this tool, you don't need to be an IT expert (even your user don't need to)

CONS

Sometimes there is lag on the connection, and from time to time the screen just get black, so you have to close and open the software again (from the controller PC), but it happens rarely

Reason for choosing RemotePC

Because the price, the software is not as bigger as others in therms of MB, and is very easy to use

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

Google only offer 30 min connection, after that you are obligated to clic if you want to continue using. We can afford to monitor and clic each 30 min

Kevin

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Remote working made possible for everyone

In the short time that we had to switch our co-workers to allow them to work remotely at home, RemotePC really became a clutch tool since we were able to deploy it fast, and also because it had such a low learning curve, people who wasn't so computer savvy were able to work seemlessly.

PROS

We were pleasantly surprised on how easy it was to deploy this software to all of our users when we had to switch to a remotely operated work environment. Even people who weren't pro computer users, were able to easily login and start controlling their work PCs at home.

CONS

If there was a drawback, I would say the speed, but this is the problem with all remote desktop softwares. With RemotePC, you can at lease control it in a way so that you can slightly reduce the visual quality if you need the boost of speed.

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

TeamViewer also works great, but the cost was way too high for our use.

Alex

Construction, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed December 2023

Inexpensive trouble free remote desktop access

Very positive. Our company was looking for a inexpensive solution to enable our employees to access on premise computers for the few remaining applications we run that do not offer a easy way to access without being directly on the company intranet. RemotePC is a bit slower to establish a connection to a remote desktop compared to other applications we have used, but once connected there are no speed issues so it is a more than acceptable compromise considering the price.

PROS

RemotePC is a basic remote desktop platform offered at a fantastic price. It will allow a user to access any number of PCs remotely through any web browser and includes multimonitor support. A simple low cost solution to providing remote desktop access to your employees.

CONS

The website can be a bit slow and sometimes the initial connect to your remote PC might take a minute to be established.

Reason for choosing RemotePC

Price, RemotePC was significantly cheaper for a product that offered comparably same levels of service.

Reasons for switching to RemotePC

Confusion on our account due to use canceling GoToMeeting. Ultimately felt that GoToMyPC was to expensive for a program that GoTo obviously doesn't care about anymore.

Ivy