What are TeamViewer users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using TeamViewer software through verified user reviews

10,644 Reviews

7,196
2,973

• icon"Team Viewer is very easy to use and much reliable as compared to its competitors. Clipboard integration and team sharing is pretty much seamless."
  • icon"I like the possibilities and simplicity. It's an excellent software to help collegues and customers."
  • icon"I love this program because it is very easy to use and runs great. It’s very helpful to have software like this and runs smoothly."
  • icon"Unstable internet connection: some times the connections are lost. I can not control other devices in my local network without an internet connection."
  • icon"Transferring a large file is not practical with this tool. With an unstable internet connection, this application does not work smoothly and gets interrupted frequently."
  • icon"There are several features that could be dangerous if in the wrong hands. TeamViewer is often used in Tech Support Scams."

Browse all TeamViewer Reviews

• Have you used TeamViewer and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 10,616 reviews

Harlan

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Give Support , Get support

Rizwan

TeamViewer user end

Many time i installed applications to other remote system during work while other user unable to knowing. I personally recommend it on the basis of experience.easy to handle with its functionality.

Pros

Yes, easily integrated with our business. We really to recommend it. One time credentials its uniqueness to quickly use or connect to other system.

Cons

As i noticed, it requires internet either installed in system or online version. It shouldnt be while installed version. In this way its easy to handle any time. Thats reason our company stucked if nets off.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

I choosed it for one time installed id and password. U dont need again n again credentials.

May 2022

It offers a user-friendly remote login capability

Service and support duties may be carried out remotely without having to physically visit the customer. All you need is the data for the host you wish to access in order to use the interface.

Pros

TeamViewer is one of my favorite tools since it makes it possible to remotely operate computers even when you are miles away from your workplace or home computer. Use it to remotely access other computers to help diagnose and fix problems.

Cons

TeamViewer's connection issues are one of its most glaring flaws. I had a lot of trouble connecting with a client when my screen was frozen, and the client would say things like, "Please fix this problem; I'm watching what you're doing and will warn you if you do anything wrong."

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

Overall, the app was straightforward to use, easy to download, and extremely useful for the duties it was needed to complete. TeamViewer is a great tool for establishing remote connections and providing support to other members of your team.

Ana

August 2022

A tool that enables remote assistance with almost no operational restrictions

It is very useful because remote connection is possible whenever there is an Internet environment for terminals in places that do not have a VPN environment. For those who are not familiar with PCs, we also use it for classes on the use of the system and Excel, as you can see the operation on this side. Since it can be accessed immediately even on bases outside the prefecture, problems can be solved immediately.

Pros

Installation is easy and can be started with little or no initial configuration. There are few input items at the time of connection, and even if the other party's employee is not very familiar with PCs, etc., the remote connection can be made easily. Since confirmation messages from the administrator can be displayed when the software is installed, almost all operations can be performed while the other party is connected, and almost all operations can be performed while the other party is remotely connected.

Cons

TeamViewer 13 is what we are currently using, but it was only ever purchased once. It looks like the latest version only has one subscription, so I would like to have a one-time purchase. It may depend on the network environment, but performance can be slow.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

I think it is by far the best remote software that cannot log in unless you start the software that receives the remote control and tells it the password that changes every time you log in to the remote software. You can relieve the clients by telling them that the system is designed so that they can't log in without permission.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

Also, before the introduction of the system, there were times when I had backups of data and files sent by email, but it was difficult to manage, as the files I wanted were not attached. After introducing TeamViewer, when providing customer support, most of the customers who asked us to come to the office were convinced that we could solve the problem faster if we connected them remotely, as there was no time to travel.

August 2022

TeamViewer great for small businesses!

TeamViewer was a good application to dip our toes in the water of providing remote support to our employees. Would recommend to shops under 50 employees.

Pros

Once set up it was easy to connect with out end users and offer support.

Cons

The connection process is not as easy as some competitors where we can distribute the software via MDM to macOS machines.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

TeamViewer did not have the ability to be easily distributed via MDM on macOS. Reducing the amount of people our Tech Support staff could help in one day.

Bryan

June 2022

Great software, but not worth the cost

horrible experience. Getting in your car and driving to the other computer is faster and better than using this app.

Pros

We had been using the software for free for nearly a decade until they cancelled our services due to an unknown arbitrary reason. We tried reaching out to support and sent in all supporting documents but always received a boilerplate response and could never get a response from a real person

Cons

Support is non existent. All responses are automated.

ease of use

Nikodem

June 2022

TeamViewer, my goto program for remote support

I'm using TeamViewer since many years. Usually to help family with PC problems. TeamViewer always worked without any issues and provided smooth way to work on the actual problem. I would highly recommend it for such purposes. I also like the fact that it's multiplatform, so I can use my Linux PC to connect with Windows.

Pros

I'm using TeamViewer to help my friends and family with their PCs. One of the biggest advantages of TeamViewer are very easy installation (or you can even run it without installing) and configuration. Other softwares that I've used (Radmin, TightVNC) require port forwarding, which is usually beyond regular user technical knowledge. TeamViewer works without this extra hassle. Additionaly there is bunch of extra features like built-in chat for communicating with other person or drag-drop capability for file exchange. Clipboard is also shared by default, so working with this remote desktop software is delightful and allows to focus on actual problem. Another interesting feature is possibility to create an account and adding all PCs that we want to manage into the account. After that we can control any PC at any time. Very convenient if we for example have powerful PC doing some work and would like to supervise this process, while being away.

Cons

I cannot think of any real downside of the TeamViewer other than its pricing for commercial use. I was planning to use it for remote control of the PCs in the small company (family business, 4 PCs to control), but I really cannot justify paying so much for this. Therefore I am using other software with less functionality, but much cheaper.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

TeamViewer is much easier to use and provide reliable connection. Other software require port forwarding and dynamic DNS setup, which is overwhelming for regular user. It is also able to work without knowing IP address of the PC.

Bill

May 2022

A solid, but expensive, remote control tool for supporting clients

TeamViewer was a great solution that allowed us to easily provide support services to our customers. However, the constant need to upgrade, the inability for older versions to talk to newer versions, and the business practices of selling perpetual licenses one day and forcing people into a subscription model the next is not reassuring.

Pros

When we chose TeamViewer, they offered a great deal for the money, spending money to buy the software license once with no recurring fees. The ability to provide "zero-install" links on our web site to allow customers to get us connected to their systems was a huge plus for a remote support environment. And even better, they were far cheaper than other solutions at the time, like GoToMyPC, LogMeIn, RAdmin, and others for an environment where you needed to support random users around the globe.

Cons

Sadly, shortly after we bought our expensive, "perpetual, no recurring fees" license and got everything set up, TeamViewer changed the game entirely, switching to a pure subscription model. So, after advertising that our high one-time fee wouldn't require maintenance fees, the new model now requires an annual subscription, and we have been stuck on v12 for the last several years with no ability to get onto a newer version unless we want to spend even more money on the subscription. As other solutions have since arisen (like Zoom) that are far less expensive, we do not feel that we will ever renew our TeamViewer license because of this. Once they turn off the ability for TeamViewer 12 to work (which they have done for older versions already), then we'll simply be removing it from our systems.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

TeamViewer offered a simple-to-use, no-install solution for remote support for our clients that was far cheaper than the competitors at the time.

Nitin

March 2022

Really helpful remote troubleshooting and collaborating tool for work from home startups

If someone want to make their collaboration seamless without having to take only video calls and explain everything in one go then this tool is is best choice. You can collaborate and take control of your team's desktop or system while recording every step followed while troubleshooting.

Pros

I have been connected to teamviewer since 8 months, whenever I need help in troubleshooting a project for my team I just have them share their screen take control of everything and its done in no time. Its really reduce time of making things done while working remotely. I also liked the way of collaboration happened via teamviewer, I can be able to share any type of files while live chatting or doing any call. Its easy to setup and use in any type of team.

Cons

After updating to newer version of teamviewer, cursor from other desktop have been hidden and that's make trouble if client want to show something using their cursor. Also its pricing is not justifiable for me as its basic plan is comparably higher than other solutions.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

Anydesk is small tool that do not have much features and also lags screen cursor and do not automatically optimize it. Also support from them is not up to mark and we cannot share large files while screen sharing.

Brandon R

Industry: Wireless

July 2022

Excellent for time and cost savings. Ideal for support to people outside the company.

Remote connection is possible from anywhere, so you can work from the office, while traveling, or from home, improving efficiency. It can minimize the amount of time and effort necessary to go to the location, as well as the expense of transportation. Previously, it used to go to the end user to work and solve the problems, but after the introduction, the time to go to the site and the cost of going there are reduced, the work efficiency is improved and the problems are recovered. Good things like shortening the time and reducing transportation costs. It increases work efficiency when dealing with PC problems.

Pros

It became a means to connect from the inside to the outside, the problems that could be solved, the concrete effects, and the outside. Before I could connect from an external computer to an internal computer through a VPN connection, but I could not do the reverse pattern. It is now possible to connect from inside the company to outside the company, and it is now possible to explain outsiders sharing the computer screen. I use it to teach people outside the company how to operate a computer. If only the ID and password are provided over the phone, you can connect immediately and it is easier to use than other software. Also, the connection is difficult to interrupt and there is no delay in reaction, so you can use it comfortably.

Cons

Occasionally, you may not be able to connect from the start, or if you think it has hardened during use, the connection may disconnect, so check.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

You can perform the same thing with other applications, but this is the most solid connection.

Sadaharu

August 2022

Easy remote application for getting started

In my job, I support marketing teams and designers in troubleshooting, but in the past, I used to give instructions over the phone while imagining the other party's situation. The two parties shared the same relationship. Still, mostly it was a job where "experience matters", but after introducing TeamViewer, anyone with some knowledge can support and do everything remotely. A case that used to take an hour to resolve a problem can now be completed in less than 10 minutes. This reduces stress in people on both sides and saves time and resources.

Pros

It can be started without any particular configuration of the target terminal. Since the connection can be initiated simply by making use of the "ID" and "password", it is possible to connect to work computers with a sense of speed. I mainly use it to connect to company computers when I work from home and need some material that I don't have stored in the cloud.

Cons

This depends on the specifications of the machine and the network environment of each machine, but the operation is slow and not comfortable to handle. Some people say it would have been faster if they had taken more time. If there is any part that can be improved on the software side, I would like to see it improved.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

There are many excellent functions in simple places. It can copy and paste correctly between different operating systems. Supports file uploading and downloading. Support screen reduction and enlargement. Can connect from other devices

César

Industry: Computer Hardware

An impressive all-in-one

TeamViewer is spectacular, it won't let you down in any section, and it has all kinds of functions, even if you don't work with software for sure you find TeamViewer very useful and few platforms have it. It is a 10/10 product, highly recommended.

Pros

TeamViewer is pure quality, it has many options of all kinds, it shines in remote work, but not only that, it has a great file transfer system that works with great speed, calls, and video calls are perhaps not the best there are but they are very functional. Security is very good with great double code verification for remote access, plus the remotes are simple and intuitive to use. The interface is fine, simple, and useful, plus you earn points for having a great web version. In conclusion, TeamViewer is a program of the highest quality.

Cons

I have not had any problems regarding TeamViewer functionalities, maybe the only bad thing is the image quality when accessing remotely.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

TeamViewer offers a much more complete experience and more functional tools.

Easy setup, great acceptance

Pros

We use teamviewer for remote access and support for our customers. It works really good and our customers have no problems to download and start the quicksupport module. On Servers we have the TV-Host Edition for unattended access. Great Tool we would not miss.

Cons

if we change our computers or notebooks, there is a limit of 10 licence activations. Then you have to call the support center and reset the licence moves.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

More acceptance by our customers. More installed TV Clients.

Fred

June 2022

Really a Cadillac of remote access

It has served me well. It is my main tool, but I do also keep AnyDesk on the back burner for the times this is not working,

Pros

It is smooth and quick, even on slower connections. It has fewer downtimes than some

Cons

It's cost is prohibitive for the small business user

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

I was able to negotiate a deal that I could afford.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

Needed more reliability and a litter more ease of use for customers.

Muhammad Shakeel

July 2022

TeamViewer is the best tool for remote support

Using this software, I can connect to my clients' devices and control them, so if they are having problems, I can access their devices and solve their problems, which saves time and increases productivity.

Pros

TeamViewer's main advantages are its ease of use, mobile capability, and flexibility. This software enables users to meet in real time over the Internet with other computer users, customers, clients, or colleagues via online meetings, desktop sharing, or video conferencing.

Cons

Remote access is not possible when your client runs a recent version of TeamViewer. Sometimes, the display shape may not be accurate in mobile access.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

Since I started using TeamViewer software, I've been using it regularly. It is fantastic that the free version of this application works exactly as we need it to. It's very easy to use.

July 2022

Easiest way to connect remote of your office or office mates

it is very helpful to connect my pc in my office remotely and also to help other office mates

Pros

Easy to connect, Un Attendee Access, Connect from mobile, Live chat, Easy File sharing

Cons

Sometimes it does not support screen resolution,

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

for ease of access, supports access from mobile, live chat, un attendee access

Hitesh

Industry: Industrial Automation

TeamViewer review

Pros

Unattended access of PC with password, Get notification when registered PC is on.

Cons

Nothing specially, all things are in good place.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

Legging and automatically disconnect in between the work.

Haresh

#1 for screen sharing

10/10 for screenshare, 7/10 call audio quality. Ensure that your system meets the minimum needed specs and internet speed (esp, mobile data)

Pros

#1 for screenshare amongst all others (incl. zoom and skype) used

Cons

call audio quality could use a boost. Zoom does much better here

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

We have actually switched to zoom from team viewer

César José

May 2022

Excellent tool for user support, but a bit expensive.

Pros

TeamViewer is an excellent tool to support users remotely. It allows you to have total control of the equipment from anywhere in the world, working efficiently and streamlining communication between you and the user. It has an easy and intuitive interface, which allows the user to use it efficiently from the first time.

Cons

TeamViewer is very inefficient on low-speed Internet connections, which is why sometimes users prefer to use similar free tools like AnyDesk. In addition, the cost of acquiring the product is often a barrier to entry for users or companies that wish to expand its use.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

Because with TeamViewer I can provide more complete support to the user.

Jhonjerlyn

July 2022

Stable remote connections with much more direct communication.

My overall experience with TeamViewer has been really good, this software has been helping us within my corporate area and also within the other areas of our real estate company, all of our employees are using it to connect remotely when needed, and they also use it to connect with clients remotely, this software is quite useful in this company and helps us to optimize the remote connection. I must admit that the general use of this platform has been really simple, from the first moment I started using it, you will not know how easy it was, and its general interface is quite comfortable to check several remote connections.

Pros

One of the main things that I like about TeamViewer is that I can connect to another computer without having to go through a complex process, just by having the ID and password of the computer I want to connect to, I can connect immediately. Another thing that I like is that I can modify the video quality and the fluency of the remote connection, TeamViewer has a function to improve the video quality, when using that function the fluency of the remote transmission can be slightly affected, also when I use the function of improving the smoothness of the connection, the video quality may be affected in a certain way. These two functions help TeamViewer to work on high-end and low-end computers. Lastly, I love the streaming audio and real-time chat, I can also connect with the other person via camera while doing the remote connection, that's great.

Cons

One of the main things that have to improved within this platform is the transfer of files, on several occasions I have tried to transfer files while making a remote connection, the transfer of files takes a long time even though I try to transfer few files simultaneously. Another thing that needs to be improved is that the App for mobile devices is a bit difficult to use, it does not have a zoom button to be able to zoom in on a specific part of the remote connection, and thus be able to operate a computer much more easily.

Bilal

June 2022

Its very helpful and amazing to use

For me it's TeamViewer. I find it much better than Skype for video conferencing. With TeamViewer many people can join in very easily with a access key provided to everyone. Another good feature is that you can control one computer from another so presentations, documents, etc could be edited by a bunch of editors online as they speak, discuss and edit. If you have a question or need clarification/suggestion, leave it in the comments or message me!

Pros

So many great comments here. For me, I started coding emails, testing in several clients to make sure things didn’t break. Then I was given opportunity to be a PHP developer in the same company. I learned on the job but no one ever taught me about security. Soon, that company folded. When trying to get another PHP job nobody would hire me because of my lack of security knowledge. Then I was hired to do some front end work - mainly HTML, CSS, Javascript (rarely Javascript). That company had layoffs and I soon found myself looking for a job and nobody would hire me because I did not have Angular or React knowledge. My experiences have been pretty much the same through my last 15 years of tech. I’ve learned that unless you just want to spend your life in front of a computer learning the NEW framework or language… you shouldn’t be in tech/software/web. And think of the reward you get… 25 years ago if you knew simple website languages, you could make $100k per year. Now, you have to know so much more and only on rare occasions be paid $120k - $140k…. most times… only $80k. It’s insane! Honestly, if I could go back in time, I’d be a dentist, eye doctor, or build houses. Software is for those who don’t have anything else to do in life except software. A better life is to learn one thing well that does not change too much and gives you free time to be with friends and family.

Cons

I did it that way, but that was some 45+ years ago. I quit college and never got a degree. It was a difficult path then, and more difficult now. But if you have no other choice then it is the path you will take. If you love programming, then you are (and always will be) a programmer. You will need to have all the answers ahead of everyone else. That means when a new language (like Julia) comes out, you will download it and spend nights programming with it. So that when someone in the office mentions Julia, You whip out your laptop and show them the advantages and disadvantages. It is a lot of time and dedication. But even if you get a degree, you would need to spend that time anyway to become one of the best.

Raj

Industry: Mining & Metals

June 2022

A simple tool to instantly connect with your team

TeamViewer is a beautiful tool to work as a team, provided you consider safety tips.

Pros

1. You need to share your username and code safely with another person, and that person can instantly connect to your device screen. The fact that it works immediately is the most significant plus point. It is as easy as one-two-three: three simple steps. 2. Both users can work on the same screen with their mouse control. It can be used for training, troubleshooting, or collaboration. 3. It is safe that the password to connect changes every few minutes. The other person cannot join without your permission. 4. More than one person can connect to one screen to discuss, resolve, or learn something together. 5. There are many things that you can’t explain over the phone or chat. Once the screen is under your control, you can work better as a team of two or more persons. 6. It allows remote access only to authorized persons. 7. You can hold virtual meetings, save contacts for future use, etc. 8. It works both ways: either you give control or control someone else’s device, as per your requirements. 9. You can start TeamViewer automatically when Windows starts or allow unattended access. It may be helpful when you want to connect to your computer kept elsewhere. 10. Many advanced settings can help you gain better control over other devices.

Cons

1. There is no method available to communicate with other users. You may have to talk over the phone or chat to say something. 2. It may be unsafe to provide control of your computer to unknown persons. They may steal your information without you realizing it. 3. When the internet is slow or erratic, the tool behaves irrationally, and all team members may get a terrible experience, lags, delays, etc. 4. It may be pretty unsafe to provide unattended access to strangers. 5. Many advanced features are payment-based.

security issues, unstable

Kashan

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Troubleshooting get Easier for Remote Areas

Experience with team viewer was over all good and helps very much for remote support and specially during the lock down but the main issue i have to face is that user have to install it. in the organization structure, admin rights are not provided so it creates a big trouble. also during the remote session it lags which is the major defect for a technical to work with it as he have to wait after every move of cursor and click to avoid the mistakes and blunders. Chat and video calling options are great also the request of control is the key feature. File transfer is slow so it is better to use alternate ways like cloud storage.

Pros

Team Viewer is a good software for IT persons as well as other users who have to connect with other colleagues or users remotely. This software is mostly use by IT person to provide support to other users who are connected remotely and specially in the scenario of lock down as at that situation you have only option to connect remotely and team viewer helps a lot to get the session and help them out. You can preform chat and video call too through team viewer which help in communicating . Files transfer option is also available.

Cons

You have to install the software first then you can use it, if the user is on remote side and they do not have admin rights which is not recommended too then you are not able to get the access. It lags too much which cause so much difficulty and due to this lagging chance of mistakes are higher and mostly you have to revert the changes, moreover users are not much technical or knowledgeable normally due to which technical guys face a lot of issues. Files transfer rate is too slow that you have to go on other options.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

I do not have to install it as it run on runtime basis, some of the features are lock but still able to connect through the remote. and perform the work. Any desk is a light weight tool so it not lag that much. it also cost less.

Angus

May 2022

Must have for team collaborations

Using TeamViewer has saved me so much time, I no longer need to run over to an employees machine when there is a problem, I can simply connect to their device wi9thTeamViewer and see the problem. I'd estimate that it's also saved my business a lot of money, enabling our engineers to remote into machines when they are at home for critical issues, without the need to come into the office. I'd recommend it to anyone, any day.

Pros

The best thing about TeamViewer is it's simplicity. I can open it up, type in the ID and password for my colleagues device, and be connected to their device instantly. There is no messing about with technical configurations, TeamViewer makes connecting one device to another extremely simple, and I love it.

Cons

There isn't much that I dislike about the software, the only issue I could say is that the updates are infrequent, but it's not a big issue since the software has most features you could ever want already.

Reasons for choosing TeamViewer

I chose TeamViewer simply due to being more well known in the industry, and having a lot more valuable features over their competitors.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

I made the switch due to TeamViewer having a lot more features, and a more well known and trusted reputation.

Ilsa

April 2022

Remote Desktop that works for you

I use Teamviewer for remote control when im unable to be at work and also to be able to provide technical support to my fellow staff members at other branches. My experience with Teamviewer is only what i can describe as a delight. Its simplicity and ease of access is undeniably the best in its field. It cannot compare to other remote desktops, Teamviewer stands out as the number one platform to use.

Pros

Team Viewer is very reliable and easy to use. It is a simple and secure way to connect to computers remotely. I love that i can work from home when need be. I like the fact that it has multiple features to choose from and that you dont have to use many apps as on Teamviewer they are already there. The best feature for me is the unattended access allowing me access immediately at any time of day.

Cons

The only thing i found least to like is that both station's need to be on the same upgrade level on Teamviewer. You cannot access the one if the other is on a different version of Teamviewer. Also if your internet connection is a bit slow it starts kicking you out at times.

Reasons for switching to TeamViewer

It kept lagging and was slow to connect to the other station via remote control.

Showing 1 - 25 of 10,616 reviews