Teamwork Desk Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Teamdesk was designed very nicely with simple UI yet very functional. Has successfully implemented the software with 80% of the workforce using it daily."
  • icon"I love that it all works together and sends you notifications for everything."
  • icon"Ease of use, great tracking abilities, exporting as Excel documents, good customer support."
  • icon"It is very unprofessional. The last version of this App does not include notifications when a new ticket arrives."
  • icon"The only minus of the tool may be considered the complexity of it, when you are getting confused due to the large amount of projects."
  • icon"The workflow is a bit confusing. I need more training on this."

Have you used Teamwork Desk and would like to share your experience with others?

All Teamwork Desk Reviews

Lester

A clean and easy to use system that is easy to climb into and very quickly get cozy

It has been a real pleasure to use this platform to ticket management. It has really helped us to stay on top of things and handle tickets effectively as a team.

Pros

It is very simple to get used to. The interface is clean and simple and it is not layered with too many dashboards that would make it intimidating to use.

Cons

Variables can only be inserted from canned responses. It would be nice if we could add variables into our tickets as we type them, perhaps with a keyboard shortcut.

Reasons for choosing Teamwork Desk

The pricing was the most competitive at the time and the interface looked the most appealing.

Reasons for switching to Teamwork Desk

Zendesk was getting too expensive for us. Our needs were also not so advanced that we needed all of the features that Zendesk had to offer.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Lester, We really appreciate your feedback! Our design team will be delighted that you are enjoying Teamwork's interface. I've submitted your feature request to the product team - they like a challenge! Have a nice day, Karen at Teamwork

sarah

Its pretty good..... but needs more features!

* Could use a more customizable Gantt chart options (not show weekends, calculate hours of a project by working hours in a day) * There is a security flaw on the mobile app that allows my client to see internal private messages not intended for him to see, from his notification bar on his iPhone. TW claims this is not possible, but it keeps happening. * Would like to be able to embed text into a new task to encourage people who open a new task to fill out all the required fields. This was any time they create the new task its there. * The tagging system should be project specific.

Pros

its relatively easy to use

Cons

Mobile app is slow and hard to navigate

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Sarah, Thanks so much for the great review. It looks like you're talking about Teamwork Projects instead of Teamwork Desk but that's ok :). We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We're delighted to hear that you've had a positive experience with the product. I've passed on your feedback to the team for their consideration. Can you double check the permissions on your external clients and ensure they do not have access to messages or projects which you don't want them to see. You can do this from the People section in your menu tab. If your still seeing problems can you send us an example to support@teamwork.com and we'll look into it right away. Tags are customizable so that they will benefit all of our users. You can use priorities for more specific needs. Hope this helps. If you have more suggestions on how we can improve this, we'd love to hear it just shoot us a message to support@teamwork.com. Best regards, Therese

Jas

Excellent help desk platform

Very responsive and helpful team. You will usually get a response within 20 minutes. We love the Teamwork team!

Pros

Very user friendly with preprogrammed canned responses for quick messaging. It allows you to have full-time agents and part-time users at a lower rate. You can respond to a ticket using the desktop or app.

Cons

When replying via email, you must pay attention if you are responding to your team or the client. If you don't realize that a ticket message is from the client, you might think you are replying confidentially to your team which can be dangerous. It's best to use the desktop or app when responding.

Reasons for switching to Teamwork Desk

Support team helped us set it up quickly and their response level made us feel like they would be there when we need them.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Jas, Thanks for a great review of Teamwork Desk - we really appreciate the feedback and positive comments. Our support team will be delighted your kind comments - I'll make sure to pass them on. I've noted your issues with email responding and will pass this onto the product team to investigate this further. Many thanks, Karen at Teamwork

Jackie

Respage

Fantastic customer service

Pros

Easy to use. Great service. Easy to roll out to employees

Cons

Reporting doesn't work that well. I wish Knowledgebase could be hidden from public more seamlessly. I wish it was clearer that a note was internal and reply is to customer.

better pricing, already use Teamwork Projects

needed more featues

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Jackie, We are delighted that you are enjoying Teamwork Desk! I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with reporting, could you email us at support@teamwork.com so we can look into this further? Kind regards, Karen at Teamwork

Tyler

Desk has been nothing but great to us

Desk has been nothing but positive. We switched from using Gmail to manage over 50 clients communication. We've noticed a steady increase of efficiency as well as we are no longer missing things as we are able to track everything inside of the portal.

Pros

Desk has a great ease of use. It looks great, it functions exactly how you think it would, it allows us to track our clients as well as keep notes on past experiences with them and the actual conversations we have had with everyone all from one page. It also has very stable and we have only ever had to go down once for a very short period of time over the course of two years.

Cons

It does cost additional for help documents but our team does not find we need those.

Reasons for choosing Teamwork Desk

Desk is simple to use, has a great UI, and was easy to get my team up to speed on the features that let them save time and make their lives easier.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Tyler, Thanks for your amazing review of Teamwork Desk - a 10/10 rating is always great to see! Our support team are available at support@teamwork.com if you ever have any issues or want to submit a feature request! Karen at Teamwork

Marielle

Time Saver

We are absolutely in love with this platform, we have used several other platforms in the past and Teamwork have made our work easier, creating projects, communicating with customers and organizing our task through the day

Pros

Features Integration the ability to communicate with customers in the outside and team in the inside with the same platform.

Cons

Storage options, very limited and the upgrade options are too pricey.

Reasons for choosing Teamwork Desk

Because all the features that were needed were solved with the same platform + price.

Reasons for switching to Teamwork Desk

Better integration, and a platform that allows us to have all the features needed in the same place.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Marielle, Thank you so much for the nice review. We are delighted to see a 10/10 score, a big win for us at Teamwork. I will pass your feedback about the limited storage space and upgrade pricing onto the product team. Kind Regards, Teamwork

Replied January 2021

Mimi

ALL in One System

Pros

I am a happy user of Teamwork Desk. It allows ease of use for my clients and team. My main reason for using the tool is the integration with my CRM system Teamwork Projects.

Cons

It is a little confusing how to properly integrate with Projects. And once a project is closed in Teamwork it doesn't automatically close the ticket. The workflow is a bit confusing. I need more training on this.

Reasons for choosing Teamwork Desk

I chose Teamwork Desk because it is an extension of my CRM platform. The more I can keep in one platform the better.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Mimi, Thanks for your review of Teamwork Desk - we really appreciate it. It's great to hear you are a happy user of Teamwork Desk! Sorry to hear you've found the workflow and integration confusing - could you contact us at support@teamwork.com so we can help you with this? Many thanks, Karen at Teamwork

Ariana Jose

Great way to manage projects

Pros

TeamWork really is a easier way to manage projects and make the best of it. I can measure the time i spend doing every task and i get to know what i have to do next, even assign people to task and upload files.

Cons

Is a little complicated when you start to use it but with time you can make a excellent job with projects.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hey Ariana Jose, Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects. Great to hear our products are helping you to manage your projects. Feel free to get in touch to explain what you found difficult at first and what onboarding issues you experienced at support@teamwork.com. We offer free daily live webinars, by joining our webinars you will learn how to use specific features, find out about Teamwork best practice and hear about new updates. Feel free to join these at anytime, this will also be useful if you are training a new user to use Teamwork Projects https://www.teamwork.com/webinars. Kind Regards, Deborah

Replied April 2018

Industry: Furniture

Excellent Help Desk Software

Overall it has been very good. Working with the company has just been ok. They have some strange billing requirements, and the fact that they are not based in the US has made it a little difficult (scheduling customer service meetings and things like that) but overall it has been good.

Pros

The software is easy to use, but the best part about is that it shares an interface design with Teamwork Projects. I have been using Desk since it was still in Beta and I really got used to it.

Cons

There could be more integration with Teamwork Projects. I would like to be able to assign small tasks related to a project using Desk to a technician.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there, Thank you for the review of Teamwork Projects. Kind regards, Nancy at Teamwork.

Replied May 2019

ray

Great Software

Pros

I absolutely love the product. I have been able to integrate with slack and forward all emails to the assigned ticket agent to their own channel. This saves me a lot of trouble. The platform has cool training wheel capabilities and is over all very easy to use. I love the automation possibilities and online support.

Cons

Integration was fairly simple though STMP error was not easy to uncover at first, but was very easy to fix once discovering this was an error. Lack of control over automation. It is really good, but I would like the ability to toggle automation. i.e. adding tags, removing tags, then being able to add them back based on different circumstances. The first time I made an automatic email reply, I didn't know what the "apply to all tickets" checkbox at the bottom did. I thought, "of course I want this to apply to all tickets" and accidentally emailed every customer on every single closed ticket we ever had with no way to stop it once it had started. Pretty much my fault, but could be easily avoided by a note on hover or something with a better explanation. It was funny though :) I wish I could determine how many business hours had gone by. Our SD is open 8am - 8pm m-f and it is difficult to determine how many business hours have gone by since a ticket was worked on. I'm currently writing a chrome extension to make these conversions for me. This would be an AMAZING feature! I'd like to be able to use variables in notes like you can in a canned response or email.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Ray, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of Teamwork Desk - it's great to hear you love our product! I've noted your recommendations and feature requests and will make sure to pass them onto the product team. Don't hesitate to contact us at support@teamwork.com if you ever need anything. Many thanks, Karen at Teamwork

July 2016

Excellent support desk - Affordable pricing model

We stumbled upon Teamwork Desk soon after it launched. Its feature set and pricing structure fit our company very well. Their ticket pricing model let us have lots of agents (despite low ticket volumes) without sending our fixed monthly overheads through the roof to add each agent. It means we can assign tickets to each staff member and keep everyone in the loop. Everyone can help in the support effort and tickets no longer fall through the cracks. They also have more traditional per-agent pricing if you have high ticket volumes and prefer that kind of model. There is a help desk so everyone on our team can publish articles to common questions. There is full control over the templates so you can change the look and feel to match your brand. Their development pace is phenomenal. They really listen to feedback and the product improves every month. I'm really impressed with the level of support they provide - I just hope they are able to maintain that as they grow! We evaluated a few solutions before choosing Desk. Happy to recommend!

Pros

Modern fast responsive interface. Good pricing - particularly the per-ticket model which works great for us as a startup. Great integration with email for some of our team who prefer to work in outlook! Internal notes means we can discuss tickets privately but in context. Activity view so everyone can see whats new without getting hundreds of cc emails Accompanying projects site which you can raise tasks in relating to tickets Automated reminders if a ticket is left unanswered. Customisable auto-replies and canned responses. You can merge or split tickets which is useful. It prompts customers to rate our support which is good for feedback Built in help desk (knowledgebase) means our agents can publish FAQs easily. You can also have a private help desk for internal agent use only. Great mobile apps - great to see recent support activity. Can see customer's previous queries at a glance. Fast development pace - yet software seems very stable and reliable Excellent support - fast and detailed.

Cons

No major cons for us really... I'd like a contact widget that offers help desk FAQs as part of the submission process or maybe a helpdesk widget we can embed on our site. It expects customers have an email address - we log telephone calls into desk but sometimes have to invent fake email addresses. We can't group customers. Often several people from a company might contact us about an issue or even the same issue. Apparently support for this is planned soon.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi James, Thanks so much for the wonderful review.I've shared it with the team here. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it for us. If there's anything we can do to help you and your team on Teamwork Desk, please don't hesitate to ask. Best regards, Therese

Replied September 2016

Rhina

Supporting our customers with Teamwork Desk

Overall, Teamwork Desk is easy to use. It is user friendly. I just wish that the reporting is improved tremendously with the current metrics so it could be usable for us.

Pros

I like that the ticketing system is very easy to use. I got used to it and I like that you can create a task directly from a ticket.

Cons

There are 4 things that I least like: 1. There is always a delay when receiving the tickets on Teamwork Desk system. I get them minutes earlier via email notifications. It would be great if I receive them real time, as in by the second or within 1 minute. 2. It would be great if the contents of the ticket body/message is automatically transferred into the task being created. Write now, I have to copy and paste them. 3. Also, when creating a task from the Desk, it doesn't allow to attach images as is on the task description area. It would be best if it would accept direct images so it can be easily seen instead of just having them as attachments. 4. The reporting is always giving out errors when I try to pull reports for more than 6 months. I couldn't get a good read of the analytics so I have to always export the raw data and do the analytics/report outside by myself.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Rhina, Thanks for your review of Teamwork Desk, we really appreciate it. We are sorry to hear about these issues - could you contact us at support@teamwork.com so we can look into this further? Kind regards Karen at Teamwork

Lawrence

Solid, easy to use and very fast

Teamwork Desks features the functions I need as well as integrating seamlessly with Project, which I use extensively. So, as a stand alone product it's very good but if project management is part of the process then there is nothing out there than works as well. I use Teamwork Desk to capture client requests and manage them in one central location, prioritizing them and distributing them to other team members. This is a much better approach then using email for the same. Anything that requires more than a simple response or a 5 min job becomes a task and is managed via Project.

Pros

A good set of features and great integration between Project and Desk. UX is easy to use and fast! New features and updates are frequent.

Cons

Resource management is missing for which I use another service. Android app isn't very good.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Lawrence, Hope you're well :). Thanks so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it and give us your feedback. We're delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with Teamwork Desk and Teamwork Projects for the past 2+ years. You'll be happy to hear that resource management is on our roadmap. It's only in the planning stages at the moment but we hope to begin work on it very soon. Best regards, Therese

Gabriel

Very useful with easy to understand interface.

We had shopped around for a bit, but settled on Teamwork due to the easy to use interface. Because of this software we were able to release what many others would find an insane amount of books in six months. As the senior project manager it helped me manage a rather large load of projects and helped me in keeping an eye on any tasks that went overdue. There are a few features I would like to see improvements on, but the Teamwork team is active with updating the software. They are very responsive to any questions or feedback you have for them. I've been very impressed with their customer service. They also have a lovely archive of helpful videos. You can do a lot with the software too, if you really dig in. Although we just use it pretty much as is, and that works out just fine for us. I'd recommend trying out the free trial at the very least.

Pros

Cons

When someone updates a task it says what they did, but not the details.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Gabriel, Thanks so much for the great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with the product. Best regards, Therese

Christina