What are Hubstaff users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Hubstaff software through verified user reviews

1,272 Reviews

• icon"It is easy enough to use. The menu is user friendly and there are not too many levels."
  • icon"Task delegation and tracking its progress is made easy by Hubstaff. Whether you have an online task or a task that require some field work you can track the task progress using this application."
  • icon"It's nice because you can config the hourly rate of the collaborator, and when the team member starts the timer, it automatically starts to calculate the total amount of money gained on that period."
  • icon"It is sometimes prone to crash or log you out automatically which makes tracking hours more difficult."
  • icon"This software needs some serious TLC if it's going to accuse someone for not doing something when it is obvious they are."
  • icon"The only complaint y a user interface problem, sometimes when you minimize and open the tool again, it may not display the buttons correctly, and it might be required to close it and reopen it."

Browse all Hubstaff Reviews

• Have you used Hubstaff and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,249 reviews

Jen

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

The ONE software you need to track your remote staff

Alfredo

IT Project tracking

Follow-up and control of tasks assigned to collaborators help keep projects on track.

Pros

Review timing and control of tasks assigned to people is useful

Cons

I have found nothing I dislike with this product so far.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

It's capacity to notify any changes when assigning tasks to collaborators.

Dejan

Productivity booster

It is a great product if you spent some time explaining the advantages to your colleagues. Otherwise, I might be seen as a tool that violates personal privacy and narrowly measures company productivity.

Pros

easy to use, stable desktop app, great visualizations and statistics, many possibilities for integration with another tools

Cons

some functionalities within this product are not fully customizable (e.g. idle time is set to min of 5 minutes), more flexibility would be great (e.g. you can`t enable or disable idle timer or disable manual adding/editing records within specific project/task.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

This tool provides more options and comes with some important features that we haven`t found anywhere else.

Response from Hubstaff

Hi Dejan, Thanks for your feedback! We absolutely agree that it is important to have a conversation with your team in regards to the software and its capabilities to ensure they are on the same page and do not feel that it invades their privacy. We understand that this type of conversation can be difficult and time consuming so we put a guide together to help with the transition https://support.hubstaff.com/transition-your-business-to-hubstaff/ If you have any questions feel free to reach out to our support team and we will be happy to help. Thanks again! Sarah

Replied August 2019

Good time tracking software

Pros

Good features. Highly recommend to business owners who want to boost their employees' productivity.

Cons

Some privacy concerns as a user. Since it screen caps your screen from time to time

Response from Hubstaff

Hi there! Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm so pleased to hear you highly recommend Hubstaff to boost employees' productivity. We are always striving to be the best in this space, and the best for our customers... So to hear that you're happy with what we have to offer - Well, you just made our day! Regarding your concern about screenshots, I would like to let you know that you can enable your system's notification settings to know if screenshots are being taken. When the screenshot notification setting is enabled on the desktop application, a pop-up will show every time it captures your screen, depending on your app's preferences setting. You can read more about it in our support article here: https://support.hubstaff.com/how-do-i-know-if-screenshots-are-being-taken/ If you still have concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@hubstaff.com and we'll be happy to assist you! Hope this helps! Have a lovely day!

Replied July 2022

Alexandra

Great for time tracking for yourself and when working with others

Improve productivity. Keep track of work and time input into different projects and clients. Evaluate value per time.

Pros

I love the fact that it helped me organize myself, get a reality check about the way I spent time and what type of work was productive (or not)

Cons

The way it adjust time - for collaborating jobs cutting on minutes is not fair as that time can't be invoiced to anybody else then the targeted project or client.

Response from Hubstaff

Thank you for your review, Alexandra! Your feedback is appreciated, I will be sharing it with our product team.

Replied July 2021

April 2022

Hubstaff App Review

This app, is the best of it's kind and I believe that, I'll use it for a long time.

Pros

The app is very easy to use. The ability to take screenshot of worker's screen is great. Very customizable. I like the fact that it's free for a single user.

Cons

At a point in time, it gives different recorded times. A different time sent via email from the actual recorded times.

Reasons for choosing Hubstaff

Per reviews, hubstaff was the best so I decided to give it a try.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

Toggl was not working to my expectations...

Response from Hubstaff

Hello Paul, thank you for providing your input regarding our product. When it comes to the daily emails that get sent out automatically by our system, there are a couple of reasons to consider for why they can appear to be incorrect. Firstly, the hours displayed in those emails are always in the organisation's timezone, and not in the member's own one. So, if there is a big time difference between the two, for example organisation having EST (New York) and user CST (Shanghai), then the hours tracked can appear to be incorrect due to the big difference between timezones. Also, if the user's Hubstaff tracker has not been able to upload all of its tracked data as intended, then the summary report will only display hours tracked and uploaded to our servers at the time of the email being sent out. We do encourage the usage of the timesheets area to more accurately see the hours worked by the members of your team. On there, information can accurately be seen in both timezones.

Replied April 2022

Tiana

June 2022

Perfect for remote work and task tracking

Pros

Hubstaff makes remote work easy. It can be easily installed on a computer and used immediately by employees. The time-tracking and task management is the appeal of the software. Both users and managers are able to check-in with their daily progress for task and time management. In the simplest sense, Hubstaff is an easy way to track employee productivity.

Cons

Aside from screenshots being taken a tad too often (which can feel invasive for users), the one improvement I'd suggest is more of a real-time update on the dashboard of reported hours. Sometimes there is a delay in an employee's time reporting causing discrepancies between managers and workers. In addition, productivity reports are not always accurate. It seems the productivity reporting bases stats on how often a Hubstaff user moves their mouse, which isn't always indicative of timespent.

Response from Hubstaff

Hello Tiana, thank you for leaving this detailed review of our platform, along with your proposed improvements to the platform. There can be times where there is a delay in the upload of time tracked to our servers - with that being most of the time being the case when the user's time tracker is not able to temporarily upload its tracked data to our servers. If and when this occurs, it will mean that the time tracked by the affected user will only be displayed on the organisation's account once the connection can be made and information uploaded. Hubstaff measures activity percentage by taking the time during which activity was detected - via mouse or keyboard - and calculating that as a percentage from the total time spent tracking. Naturally there will be legitimate reasons and business needs for which activity may be lower, such as during calls or meetings. It is possible to create specific projects on Hubstaff with that in mind, where you can disable activity tracking.

Mahmoud

March 2022

One of The Best Time Tracking and Productivity Monitoring Tools!

I have been using Hubstaff for a couple of months now, and I am so glad that I found it. It has helped me become more productive, track my time and bill accurately, and respond to my manager the way I want. This tool is so helpful that I would recommend it to anyone who's looking to increase their productivity!

Pros

Hubstaff is the best time tracking software out there right now. It's easy to use, has all the features I want and it's so affordable. Definitely worth checking out!

Cons

I really like Hubstaff. I use it to track my time and my team's time without having to be on the clock all day. The only thing is that it doesn't integrate with other apps, so I often have to switch back and forth between Hubstaff and other programs.

Response from Hubstaff

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Mahmoud! We're so pleased to hear you find Hubstaff easy to use and has helped you to be more productive! Hubstaff has a number of third-party integrations available to help with your organization. If the app you're looking to integrate is currently not supported, you may submit a feature request through https://roadmap.hubstaff.com/ so that we may look into it. Alternatively, you may also send us an email at support@hubstaff.com. We'll be happy to assist you! We look forward to hearing from you, Mahmoud!

Replied March 2022

Edwin

December 2021

Hubstaff the Lifesaver

Pros

Hubstaff has helped us to increase the productivity of our employees during the covid time since we all were working from home . The software is beautifully integrated and is very easy to use.As an administrator, we can track employees' productivity, screenshots and indeed it also helps us to collate data during our review meeting with the team.

Cons

The software is good the only thing the Hubstaff team needs to work on is to have a local (based out of India) customer care person.

Zachary

Winning with Hubstaff

Great experience. Love the company and the staff.

Pros

We have an overseas team of Filipino employees that are amazing and Hubstaff really helps us with Time and Activity tracking. They are so trustworthy, but it's nice to know that they are actually doing their jobs correctly. The screen capture software enabled us to solve an internal dispute about managing some finances and resulted in one employee being let go and another employee promoted -- all this was verifiable because of the time tracking as well as activity tracking software.

Cons

I would really like it if more integrations were allowed within the Hubstaff standard program. The functionality for the price should be included.

Reasons for choosing Hubstaff

It aligned more with our goals of time tracking and employee monitoring.

Jasmine

I love Hubstaff!

Amazing! Great customer service and will continue to use it even if we were not working remote

Pros

The thing I like most about Hubstaff is the fact that I can handle all of my HR needs on one software. It keeps track of my employee timesheets, invoices, expenses, client information, project tasks/details/development, and more. Also like how it is connected to SLACK

Cons

I wish there was a way to integrate PayPal invoices as that is how I do my payroll (not with Quickbooks or another software)

Reasons for choosing Hubstaff

Ease of use, cost per user

Response from Hubstaff

Hello Jasmine, thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We're glad to hear that you love using Hubstaff to handle all your HR needs. Please note that we currently do not have a way to integrate PayPal invoices. You may consider using our internal Team Invoice feature which you can pay by integrating your PayPal business account. See the articles below. How To Set Up PayPal Payroll in Hubstaff: https://support.hubstaff.com/paypal-payroll-setup/ Team Invoices: https://support.hubstaff.com/team-invoices/

Replied July 2022

May 2022

Pros

web app and natives apps give flexibility

Cons

there are no location tracking on the computers

Response from Hubstaff

Hi there! We're so happy to know that our different time-tracking apps are able to give you flexibility! With that said, each of our time-tracking apps carries a different set of time tracking features. For example, some features may be supported in the mobile app (i.e. location tracking) while not in the desktop app. You may read more about this in our support article here: https://support.hubstaff.com/time-tracker-apps-overview/ You may also reach out to us at support@hubstaff.com if you have other concerns. We would love to assist you! Thanks again for this feedback! Have a good one!

manu

February 2022

Productivity on the fingertips

Pros

Its ease of use, useful information is right on the dashboard.

Cons

generating reports for individual employee.

Response from Hubstaff

Hello Manu, Thank you for providing us with the review of our platform. In order to ensure that you are getting the most out of your Hubstaff plan, we can assist you in setting up the reports as you need them for your organisation. You can have a look at the following support article for explanation about how reports work - https://support.hubstaff.com/reports-overview/ If you need more specific assistance about how to set up reports for your organisation and staff members, please send us a ticket via support@hubstaff.com with the desired report(s) and we will be more than happy to get that created for you

Replied March 2022

Daynia

Has saved us hours on payroll

Hubstaff provides online time tracking and monitoring for all of our international contractors. Managers are able to see what their activity and performance looks like giving them better insight into what is working well. The payroll automation has been one of the biggest benefits as we were running payrolls manually through Wise. The integration has saved us hours on payroll and gives managers better insight into how much their employees are working.

Pros

The automation with Wise to process payments to employees. The screen capture has been very helpful for us when we have run into issues with security or performance.

Cons

I wish it was easier to set up the PayPal integration. We have tried to set it up about 5 separate times, all unsuccessfully. I wish it had a little bit better employee management system, similar to what you would find in a HRIS.

Screenshots

Kylas

Hubstaff Time Efficient Work Force Management

Our Organization uses this on a daily basis on our remote work environment for employee tracking and task management.

Pros

Time tracking option performs very accurately. Hubstaff offers screenshot capture option which is very Effective in employee monitoring especially in remote work environment. Entire workforce management is made possible with this software. Hubstaff customer support is also very Good offering immediate support for all our queries. The installation and set up of the software is also very easy.

Cons

As of now everything is fine and currently we are not facing any issues.

Reasons for choosing Hubstaff

Hubstaff offered a complete solution to work force and project management easy to execute and use.

Response from Hubstaff

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback, Kylas! We are so happy to hear that Hubstaff was able to provide you with a complete solution to your needs! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send us a ticket through support@hubstaff.com or just simply hop on chat. We'd love to hear from you! Thanks again for your kind words! Have a lovely day!

Replied August 2022

Barak

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

A must tool for anyone that works with Virtual Assistants

I'm the owner of SellerFrame, an automation and outsourcing agency. A large part of our work consists of recruiting and assigning Virtual Assistants for our clients. The most important features are screenshots of the VA's computer, and tracking idle time. We found that these 2 features are sufficient in keeping the VAs in track. Most employees, no matter how honest, will experience a drop in motivation after 2-3 months of work, and will have a hard time keeping themselves fast paced. These 2 features, combined with the VA knowing that his activity is tracked, help maintaining a high level of performance over months and years. We highly recommend to all our clients to install Hubstaff from the first day of the VA's work, and use it for as long as the VA's a part of the organization.

Pros

Cons

We feel that the software is a bit too complicated, too many clicks and screens to get to what we need (tracking and basic reporting). The pricing is a bit too high, but as long as it doesn't increase we're not pushed to search for alternatives (which are plenty out there).

Artem

Industry: Program Development

Very good product, no regrets

Pros

Very good product, no regrets. We use this program every day and see who is doing what and it improves work.

Cons

We use this program every day and see who is doing what and it improves work.

A honest review for Hubstaff - Time tracking app

It has it flaws, but in overall we like using Hubstaff because of all the options it provides.

Pros

The best thing that we've found out in Hubstaff that by adding the tasks in Asana they can appear in the time-tracking app. Also after doing the tasks the work time automatically gets posted in the Asana. That's a time saviour.

Cons

Some terms are different from the other apps and at some point, it's very strict that you can't put down custom task/to-do names in the app itself where the time would still count like in Toggl.

Reasons for choosing Hubstaff

This app has screen tracking, better integrations.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

This app has screen tracking, better integrations.

Zain

Amazing experience with hubstaff

Pros

Tracking the time for my employees is easier with hubstaff. Hubstaff made my employees refular

Cons

I didn’t like that the admin has to pay $10 just for managing the accounts and timesheet of his employees. I pay $10 per number of employees. And then extra $10 just for managing them. I don’t like to pay extra $10 just for managing them

Response from Hubstaff

Hi Zain! We would like to thank you for letting us know that you're able to track the time of your employees much easier with Hubstaff! We're glad to hear that you're having an amazing experience so far! We would also like to take this opportunity to set proper expectations that even if there is no need for you to track time as an organization owner, your account has access to all of the roles and permissions necessary to run the organization and access all of the data. I hope this helps to explain but please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@hubstaff.com and we'll be glad to assist you! Thanks again for leaving us a great review! We truly appreciate it! Cheers!

Amanda

February 2022

Simple

Pros

Tracking and time keeping in an easy to use format

Cons

sometimes you have to restart to get the screenshots to function

Response from Hubstaff

Hey there, Amanda! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I am so pleased to hear that you have found Hubstaff easy to use. When there are no screenshots or they have yet to be uploaded, it is usually due to internet connectivity issues. And this usually involves restarting the app to fix it. If you're having some issues, please don't hesitate to drop us a message at support@hubstaff.com, and we'll be glad to assist you! Thanks and have a great week ahead!

Replied February 2022

Amanda

Hubstaff is an awesome tool for a small business!

We love Hubstaff. Since implementing it we've had every employee log in daily to keep track of their time and screen activity whether in the office or at home. No issues with it and we've been using it for well over a year now.

Pros

We happened upon Hubstaff when we were searching for a tool to help track time of employees who were working at home as well as the need for activity monitoring.

Cons

There is nothing that we really don't like about Hubstaff.

December 2021

Great time tracking for remote teams

Pros

We use Hubstaff as time clock software and if we have a problem with the employee it is good

Cons

I would like more features integrated into the product.

Jonathan

Hubstaff is a solid time tracking choice - especially if you want all the bells and whistles

Overall, I am happy with Hubstaff. I can track my time, both on my laptop using their app as well as on my phone with their app. It makes it easy to set up new projects and denote if it is a billable or non-billable project, allowing me to easily see what my clients owe. I would recommend Hubstaff to others who are looking for a time-tracking solution.

Pros

Hubstaff provides a lot of bells and whistles with their time tracking software. While I am only using it for basic time tracking, it does offer a lot of tools for those looking for a more robust solution for their time tracking needs.

Cons

One of the only things I dislike about Hubstaff is that in order to start tracking your time and make a note on what you are tracking, it can take several steps - more so than other time tracking software I have used.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

I was looking for a program that was a little cheaper and robust from Toggl. Hubstaff seemed to have that covered for what I needed.

June 2022

Very easy time tracking system!

Pros

Good time tracking system for small business. Allows a lot of customization in setting pay structures, rates, etc for different employees. Good reporting makes payroll easy. Also integrates with our payroll system Gusto. Highly recommend!

Cons

For our purposes Hubstaff has been everything we need.

Amazing Application

Extremely valuable.

Pros

The app allows me to monitor the time of projects with a splendid app, not to mention its excellent sync with integrations and easy UX. Good product.

Cons

I really don't dislike anything besides I'd personally love the timetracking app to have a Pomodoro methodical timer as well for projects, as it sometimes runs without me knowing

Price and usability.

Reasons for switching to Hubstaff

Missing team management and business purposes.

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,249 reviews