All Maintenance Connection Reviews

Duane

Mining & Metals, 10,000+ employees

Great Software for a Reasonable Cost

PROS

This software provides everything your maintenance programs needs and more, for an incredibly reasonable price.

CONS

Not really any complaints at all. It works very well.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed December 2018

CMMS Software

Overall I think it's a wonderful CMMS Software package. The offer cloud service and have great customer service that will remote in with you and walk you through any problem you may have. I haven't worked with the back-end, but as far as creating assets, work orders and reports it doesn't get much easier.

PROS

The reports module is a beast! If you have ever had to create a report using Crystal Reports before you understand how complex reporting can get. Maintenance Connection makes creating reports simple to do. You do not have to be a wiz at SQL to create very sophisticated reports. I also like that I can copy or clone just about anything in the database. This makes asset creation and pm schedule creation very easy.

CONS

We are not using the most current version, so the issues we experience are likely resolved. That being said, trying to export reports to pdf was buggy at first but seems to have cleared up. I also wish there was a way to create a bulletin (and there may be) that would alert you to whenever a new rule was created, changed etc... because sometimes new rules can cause work order generation issues and it's often the last thing looked at.

Lindsey

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Maintenance Connection Review

I use it for basic work order tracking primarily, because the amount of time and effort needed to master more complicated tasks is too great.

PROS

I like that there are so many things you can utilize Maintenance Connection for. For someone who has the time and energy, it could be incredibly valuable.

CONS

The program is clunky and not user friendly. To really understand some of the valuable functions, one has to spend a large amount of time learning how to use them properly. I am constantly having to re-learn how to do things in the system.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2018

To combine a good piece of software with a great team makes it great.

Ease of use, excellent customer support, and unparalleled reporting.

PROS

The software is web based and hosted so for our money this takes the burden off of our IT department. This along with their superior customer support gives us confidence that the software will flex to our needs. The reporting tools stands out also. There is nothing that can't be found through a report. The ability to customize reports puts a personal touch to each one.

CONS

As with everything there is a cost associated with it. Along those lines, the separation of mobile. It would be nice if MC Express what just part of the overall package. Having to purchase Add-ons is not something that is usually in the cards.

Aaron

Environmental Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2017

Simply the best solution for any business that has things to to buy, maintain, or replace.

Integration with our other software makes information flow accurate and easy. Reports help point us in the direction we need to go, and notifications make sure that everyone knows the same thing.

PROS

Notifications, and reporting help make great decisions on what's important. Accurate and easy to understand information help organize and direct the people that perform the work.

CONS

A full GIS integration on the mobile platform. Having a map of the area, to start your WO would be a great benefit to those who aren't in the office.

Thank you so much for your review, Aaron! We're glad to hear that you are satisfied with Maintenance Connection! If there's ever anything we can do to improve your experience, please reach out to our Customer Success team at Success@Maintenanceconnection.com.

Reviewed July 2018

Easy way to submit work orders to get things done!

PROS

As a user, I appreciate being able to submit and follow up on work orders sent to facilities. They are able to organize and assign tasks to their crew. It's easy to sign in and a user friendly interface

CONS

I am not sure from the programming end when it comes to formatting, but I was wondering if there was a way to save certain information. Currently, we have a complicated drop down menus for each section. It's complicated because there's so many categories, but I would like to have a "saved profile" for certain things like location, site and other features to make requests quicker.

Travis

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

The Good, and the Bad

Neutral ... good for standard facility use, struggling with good things to say about MC Kinetic.

PROS

MC use for inventories and maintenance of our internal facilities/work orders is great.

CONS

We have been trying to apply the MC Kinetic application for our service team that travels across the USA servicing our customers. This endeavor began in Feb. of 2023, and we have yet to have a usable product, even though we are paying for multiple licenses, and have paid in a LOT of money for technical support to get this going. It's been over a year now, still cannot use the app at a level that will allow us to share our service reports with our customers.

Makes work easy

Make my daily job easier

PROS

Ease of use. This is a simple program for technical users. The software is easy to use and has been debugged so there is not any issues that cause problems. I have not had any problems in my daily use of maintenance connection.

CONS

Excessive typing required. I was hoping that we could automate filling in some more areas with drop down menus

1,001-5,000 employees

Really like MCs Versatility

PROS

What I like the most is there are many ways to do things so we could easily massage the system to work with our work flow.

CONS

Sometimes get finicky with browser updates...

5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Helps Stay on Top of Everything

For the most part, it makes tracking everything seamless.

PROS

Makes it very easy to stay organized and follow up on all items as needed- both urgent ones and scheduled tasks.

CONS

Sometimes it is difficult to figure out how to do exactly what needs to be done. It can be difficult to find a solution on your own.

Carin

Used free trial

Reviewed August 2011

MC Review by EOG Resources

I will recommend MC to anyone. There's so much that you can do with this program, it amazes me that I find something new each week. We track: Asset Moves, Calculate Usage Fees for Equipment, Track Run Hours, PM Schedule, Labor Records, plus many more. We have spent more money than expected in custom work, but support has worked well with getting everything needed, minimized the cost and/or came up with better solutions. The support team, especially who I deal with on a regular basis, throwing new ideas at (Arlene, Randy and Dan), are all extremely helpful. MC tracks more than what we originally planned for, maintains a good schedule, and will soon be company wide here at EOG. Different divisions all over the US with EOG have heard so much about how it's helped the South, that I've been getting phone calls and emails asking, How does it work? What do we need to do? Do you think it will help? etc... Definitely has been well worth the money spent and has saved us a lot of money in return.

PROS

Maintenance Connection (MC), has definitely helped us keep track of our equipment in the field. Our maintenance records are much easier to get to and review. We are able to diagnose and stop prevent future crashes based off the history reports. We have minimzed our spreadsheet use. I myself have stop using over 15 spreadsheets. We've been able to export our reports and link to a small access database to run numbers for accounting. This normally took everyone 1-2 weeks and now MC has allowed us to cut our time back to 1 day. Our company has to deal with State Regulations for Emissions/Greenhouse Gas. We've been able to implement so many flags to make sure we stay on top of our testing, run hours and our facility emissions. MC has been very flexible on what we can add, change and customize to fit our needs.

CONS

Based on how MC was initially set up, we've had to make quit a few customizations to the program to fit our needs. We have several more projects in works now. The program is set up to do what we want, but the way our company is set up, we have to take different steps to get to that end result. In the end, it cost a little more for each customization. I would definitely like to see, in the future, an easier way to keep the overall history in an upgrade would be nice, to fit our needs better when we have Assets and Parent Locations they change often.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed October 2018

Great way to track asset maintenance

I have used this software for 10 years as both a maintenance supervisor and as a preventative maintenance coordinator. Customer service is fantastic.

PROS

The available features: work order system, preventative maintenance scheduling/tracking, purchase order processing, and asset management. Many features are available for a wide variety of applications. Their customer service is second to none in similar kinds of software.

CONS

Some of the ways that specific features of the program don't interact with each other very well or something that seems easier to execute takes additional steps or mouse clicks to complete. Since the last update, I have noticed more problems - I am not a huge fan of the update. I also don't like being forced to track the majority of work orders by target dates.

Hi Michael, thank you for your review! We're glad that you love the product support! Don't hesitate to reach out to Support@maintenanceconnection.com if there's anything we can do to help. - The Maintenance Connection Team

Replied October 2018

Kristi

Easy to Organize and Use

PROS

Maintenance Connection allows us to keep all of our assets organized and structure our asset tree as we see fit. All work is documented and saved. We can have all cost, downtime, and other asset information together in one place. This program works well if you have everyone putting in an effort to utilize the different features that it offers.

CONS

Customizing reports can be difficult if you don't know what you are doing or how you want it or have to many factors that you need. However, customer service is a huge help and can usually help you customize your report.

Thank you so much for your review, Kristi! We're glad to hear that you are satisfied with Maintenance Connection! If there's ever anything we can do to improve your experience, please reach out to our Customer Success team at Success@Maintenanceconnection.com.

Boyd

Aviation & Aerospace, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2018

By far the best value CMMS

The Maintenance Connection support team is wonderful. They help you get to the solution you need and they don't nickle and dime you with extra charges like some of their competitors.

PROS

The Maintenance Connection reporting engine is outstanding. It is very easy to create custom reports yourself without having to pay a third party consultant. The "Smart Reports" feature lets the user link directly back to source data. For example, if you have a purchasing report with all the POs for the month, you can click on a line item and be taken directly to the specific PO in question. Same with work orders...

CONS

No cons at the moment. It seems when you run into an issue or a needed enhancement, the Maintenance Connection Team listens and fixes the problem.

Patty

Decent software package

Implemented a comprehensive computerized maintenance program at our company.

PROS

Flexibility - you can customize this software to work in many different businesses. Ability to set up different security access levels for different users.

CONS

Customer Support (Canada) When we asked questions that would help us in the basic set up of our assests on the program, they were not able to answer our questions but they did get a hold of a different client and they were able to help us. When we asked about how the security levels all related and a step by step, we were informed they have not competed that yet and to simply go in and try different options.

Patty, thank you so much for your feedback on what you like and dislike about the software - We really value your input. If there's ever anything we can do to improve your experience, please reach out to our Customer Success team at Success@Maintenanceconnection.com

Brooks

Military, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed July 2017

Customer service is the best part!

Ease of PM planning, ease of workorder management and direction to the team from a central system that everyone can use easily.

PROS

Ease of use and how in depth it is, 5 star customer service. How you can set up PM's to become auto generating and assigned to the proper people.

CONS

When opening up any option it opens a new page on the browser. Sometimes the system stops working while I'm in the middle of updating a process and I have re do the whole thing.

Thank you so much for your review, Brooks! We're glad to hear that you are satisfied with Maintenance Connection! If there's ever anything we can do to improve your experience, please reach out to our Customer Success team at Success@Maintenanceconnection.com.

Brook

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2018

User friendly- easy to comprehend

Having a system to keep record and process an order- Purchase through Payment.

PROS

This software has been customized to fit our needs. Other software doesn't always allow that. Maintenance Connection has made extra portals just for us to use for purchasing, accounting and reporting. We have also had wonderful tech support throughout these add-ons/changes.

CONS

Sometimes the system is slow to update- it thinks a lot or even times out. When we are in a hurry to get an order out, I have to wait awhile for it to populate the information before I can issue. I wish it would update live.

Anthony

Wireless, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2018

Functional and easy to operate

I don't have to manage work order progress manually through an excel file. I have historical data at my fingertips

PROS

Reporting is easy, and can export into CSV files. I also like that I can email the report directly to the requester.

CONS

I see every report for every area. It would be nice to add or delete reports that only apply to my section

Thanks for your great review, Anthony! We're glad that you love the reporting module! If you ever need help with setting up your reports feel free to submit a support ticket and one of our experts will be happy to help :) Thanks! Maintenance Connection

Replied February 2018