(2,718)

2,718

(1,596)

1,596

• Pros

• "This app is very user friendly and super easy to navigate! I love being able to long on and see everything I need when ever I want on my phone! "

• "Easy to implement and setup was relatively smooth"

• "Easy to use and nice to have applications all in one."

• Cons

• "The Support Center/Bridge is vast but can be rather cumbersome to navigate and find answers quickly."

• "Learning to use this software was a bit difficult in the beginning. It is can be hard to find certain tools to navigate the site, but typically easy to use with some guidance. "

• "Good for small businesses, but I feel like I have used more modern payroll systems. It does its job but the interface just seems a little outdated to me."

Browse ADP Workforce Now Reviews

Rashid from Introductory Chemistry, Worcester Polytechnic Institute

ADP Work Force Now Review

I had a great experience using the software it gives a wholistic view of where your paycheck goes!

Pros

ADP Workforce now is an extremely user friendly software that enables clients to accurately keep track of their paychecks in digital form. The software keeps track of tax, deductions and retirement contributions and presents them in an easy to understand visual format. You are also able to change information related to your deductibles etc. from the online platform

Cons

Despite the great features it can be difficult to find what you are looking for in this software. Someone new to this software will feel somewhat overwhelmed by the many drop down menus presented on the home screen. This software is also one of the more pricey options available on the market.

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

We had some issues with tax forms using Paychex

Jessica from Conduent

Simple features

overall a good program and super user friendly. I've had people tell me they enjoy this more then the previous program we used.

Pros

easy to use features, end user friendly, creates easy recruitment, great outsourcing amazing appearance

Cons

customer service is a little lag and needs more features that's all the negative I've got on this one

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

they were outdated and used outdated programming didn't fit our current growing needs

Chirag from Risk Administration Services, Inc.

Reliable workforce management system

We use ADP Workforce for time management, payroll, employee database, benefits, cloud data storage, signing documents and more. We have had some downtimes here and there, but no complaints there. It happens. We are, overall, happy with the software. It does the job well. In some areas important to us - like payroll - it shines.

Pros

ADP handles complexity well. They know payroll really, really well. Payroll is important for staff and ADP makes it easy for us to handle it. Payroll module has always worked and has handled various edge cases for us.

Cons

We don't like ADP's support. We feel that reaching to support is a wasteful use of our time since we barely ever get value out of them. ADP should definitely invest in support staff who are knowledgeable and willing to help. We, once, had a challenge with ADP mobile app. Information that was supposed to be on managers' ADP mobile app profile wasn't showing up. After several attempts over several months, one curious support person chose to dive deep and figure a solution out.

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

Workday never returned our calls and gave us exorbitant cost estimates, so it was easy to rule them out. Cronos wasn't the right fit for a company our size. It had potentials. ADP Workforce Now on the cloud had the right tools for us to move to and grow. We were using ADP. The question was whether to fully invest in ADP for talent management, performance management etc. or use something else. We doubled-down on ADP.

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

We had ADP for payroll and were deciding between SuccessFactors for performance and employee management, or migrating completely to Workday. We used SuccessFactors for a while. It was so bad that we waited for the contract to run out and moved to ADP. We made a good choice.

Derek from Mortagage

We have not had a very good experience with ADP. Would not recommend to those seeking a user-friendly system with good customer service.

ADP has been constantly pushing back on us saying that when the system was initially set up, it was rushed and not set up properly. So we gave them the benefit of the doubt and asked them to provide us with a list of courses to take. When we looked at the courses, it was realized by ADP and us that the page we had was different from theirs. Looks like we haven'#39;t even been getting the necessary updates for this either, not just the ATS. We are currently waiting for training material (half of which has to be paid for). I don'#39;t believe that training is going to fix all of the issues we'#39;ve had. Why else would it take months for things we request to be fixed? We have been unhappy for a while with this system. Through all of this we have been extremely patient and giving them the benefit of the doubt. We were told by an ADP representative that we were giving up. I have reason to believe that this is why our requests were stagnant for so long. Like ADP just threw their hands up in the air and said, why even help them, they'#39;re leaving anyways. We are very frustrated with this system, but even if we were entertaining the idea of switching to a different system, we still have jobs to do. So, why give up on us while the company is still paying you for your service? Totally backwards to me.

Cons

1. Reporting is difficult to navigate and select. You can create a custom report, but don'#39;t be fooled. It'#39;s not as customizable as you need it to be. 2. You cannot find an employee by typing out their full name; it has to be either their first or last name and then the options will populate. 3. There is no onboarding functionality. We'#39;ve created so many of our own spreadsheets simply because this function does not exist. 4. You can change the status of an applicant, but you have to go into their profile in order to do so or select a checkbox that will bring up a different screen. Too many pages between what you would like to do, makes such a simple step in the hiring process very cumbersome. 5. The referral option is not customizable at all. We were excited about this functionality, but can'#39;t even use it because it cannot do what we need it to do. 6. Our ATS has not received any patched updates at all (ADP has known about this and is 'quot;fixing'quot; for the past 6 months). Our applicants can'#39;t even click the '#39;next'#39; button without a banner being in the way of it. We know that we have lost many applicants due to this. 7. I do not work in the benefits side of things, but I know that we had a big issue with many of our employees being provided with the wrong insurance due to a mishap on ADP. Took us months to correct. Many employees paychecks for almost a whole year were incorrect that we had to refund. 8. Registering to apply for a position is so difficult. You have to click on '#39;apply'#39; for the same job 3 times navigating to multiple different screens before you actually start applying. 9. There is no automatic feature to remind our managers to submit their time cards for their branches. This has to be done manually. We have to then submit the time cards individually at the end of every pay period. This takes a whole day for one person to complete, and we have about 250+ employees. 10. Customer service is atrocious. It was so bad that when we finally complained about it enough, they didn'#39;t really offer any fixes to the standing requests that we already had, but offered us a 'quot;white glove'quot; service that we would have to pay for just to get better customer service. 10'#39;s of hours are wasted monthly just to get someone that can help us. And then we have to call back again to see if we get the same answer twice, which more often than not, we receive a different answer.

Response from Lori

Replied January 2018

Derek – I am sorry to see that you have had a less than stellar experience with our WFN product/service. As a member of ADP's Client Loyalty team, I am committed to getting you the help and resources you need to improve your experience. Please reach out to me directly so I can assist. Lori.wilmot@adp.com

Karen from Cycle Gear

HRIS System

Overall my ADP Workforce now experience has been excellent.

Pros

ADP provides useful modules for the HRIS needs. The Payroll, HR and Benefits management modules are most useful and critical for our needs. Our dedicated support person is top tier and very helpful. Not always something that smaller companies can find. We are fortunate to be a PE firm and have that additional ADP support.

Cons

Each module costs and can be pricy. Modules should be bundled and priced accordingly. Also once you buy a module, it seems like the transition to implementation drops off until you remind them you want to move forward with implementation.

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

Previous knowledge of system and not paying for something we wouldnt use.

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

Ultipro is not as supportive and does not have the functionality of ADP.

Liam from Pinnacle 21

A Lot of Buck for Little Bang

To piggyback off the last response, the overall experience was quite poor when it came to the actual resource navigation of the site. As I took this role over managing this system, it became apparent that there was a very limited amount of knowledge as to what information this system even held, let alone how to actually access it. To take it one step further, these types of scenarios became more difficult as if there was a situation that hadn't been encountered before, only the administrator was able to handle that particular issue on behalf of the employee. Multiple times when employees attempted to handle benefit package errors/changes and were unable to make any effect. This said, if it were a personal issue, sometimes employees problems would go unresolved in lieu of having to have someone else handle that problem for them through support.

Pros

The software and services that ADP provides are some of the most wide ranging and highly customizable you can find on the market. Being the largest name, they're able to bring in partners quickly and therefore have a good amount of integrations and other employee resources that you won't be offered through smaller providers. For example, the Life Mart package for employee discount programs is easily one of the most missed pieces of our prior platform (wasn't able to find comparable tool at similar price point).

Cons

The navigation and overabundance of links (that generally lead to the same place) make this software very hard to use. On the home screen alone, there were over 30 different options of where you could go from that screen and not a ton of specificity enough to make you confidence that you're even going to the right place. Theres a lack of actual substance that bothers me. Outside of creating reporting based on the information within the system, the system itself is more or less a portal that connects all these other insurance and investment platforms. The system itself doesn't really do as much as you'd expect for what you pay for. If you're a massive organization and have daily applications of the reporting the system generates, I'm sure it would change things a bit but for your typical small company, it's a bit too deep of a package for their to be so little customization.

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

At the time, the name carried a good amount of weight. Not having prior experience utilizing a similar system and bringing ADP on at this time, it provided more confidence on our end to know that we were using the tool that the majority of the industry was using.

Yuri from bs group

Workforcenow for productivity

It helped us to deal with HR matters effectively so that we could see everything with detailed info.

Pros

Customization with it is incredible. Reporting features add more value to the software and as well increases the productivity. Pricing is quite reasonable. Mobile version does really well unlike its peers.

Cons

Customer service should be upgraded. The software could be better integrated other platforms. I would like to see changes immediately because sometimes I have sign out and sign in to see changes.

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

It provides better recruiting and HR outsourcing services. Besides prices are highly reasonable for the paid plans.

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

It is more mobile accessible, PC dashboard is more user-friendly. Better human resource management.

Rachel from Copper Tree Retreat

Spectacular Customer Service

We are a growing business and it has been very helpful to have ADP to help us with payroll.

Pros

The Software is very easy to use and set up. I am most impressed with their 24/7 Customer Service and my favorite feature is the call back. No more waiting on hold for hours, no more dropped calls and frustration. I can place a call to the help desk input my call back information and they will call me back.

Cons

There was a flaw when the system was set up for Service Hours and Non Service Hours and it was not caught until 6 months later and we had to do a large pay out to our employees because of this. Also I was very excited to see that they will help you set up an Employee Handbook and Policies and Procedures, however you do have to pay extra to have this service.

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

They did give us a very substantial discount for joining

Allison from Hershorin & Henry LLP

best decision ever

employees are in total control over their time, deductions, etc. this saves time and money.

Pros

This platform is linear - anywhere you need to navigate is connected so circling back is easy. The backdoor for employees is amazing - they can mange their own time and W-2, stubs etc.

Cons

last year the 1099 process was a mess, the non automated parts are tricky. We submitted our request then it goes to a group of people printing them out in batches - it was frustrating but they fixed ours no cost!

we were ready to move!

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

Paychex was not functioning as a business partner, they were constantly charging additional amounts for basic services

Cheikh from Cheikh Beye Okdakar

Industry: Computer Hardware

great system that makes payroll painless and headache free.

His efficient notifications

Pros

WorkforceNow is very easy to understand and use. We notice that the customer service is very reactive. WorkforceNow is great when it comes to automating processes. We also notice the efficient notifications that inform the user about his pending e-mail in the inbox from where everything a company needs is in this WorkforceNow software.

Cons

I personally the great difficulty is not to know the time off of each member of the team. no problem, but you need an apprenticeship to master this software.

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

great system that makes payroll painless and headache free.

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

There is no free version and no free trial.

Ashley from Favarh

Never switching companies again!

Great- just switched back after our company used a different company for a year. Switched back after , did not like other company

Pros

Convenience and easy to learn and navigate through the app as well as the site. Much easier to work on time cards.

Cons

sometime logging in is tough for the staff, with the portal log in. It’s very small and they have a hard time approving time cards

Pricing Customer service Learning Navigation through site

ADP Review

Overall, I am satisfied with ADP. It has a lot of features that I am do not need for what I do, but if I were a bigger company, I can see how that will be extremely useful.

Pros

Payroll is the most important for use with my line of work. It helps me track accurate activity and make billing and payroll so much easier to process. The Pros ADP has definitely is that it is easy to use and has a strong support team that is always available. Because so many organizations are familiar with it, I can always find content to help me navigate any difficulties I might have.

Cons

Because my line of work is mostly with independent contractors and freelancers, I think the products here have a lot more features than I need. Maybe a much simpler version for Contractors who are not tax deductible version aside from the employees version of the software could be useful.

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

I needed more help and Wave didn't have the support that I can reach out to.

Sally from Kahua, Inc.

ADP Workforce Now is so-so for a small business

Overall WFN is a pretty complex product, with features that most likely are impactful and necessary for larger companies. However, as a small business user, it seems cumbersome in some instances. But by far my biggest issue using this product is with the ADP Support. I have no dedicated support representative; I'm pretty sure every person working for their support is located in another country, and it generally takes me between one and 8 hours overall to get any type of problem fixed. That is not an exaggeration. And I know to expect that almost every time, the call will get disconnected and I may or may not hear back from that representative. Being 100% unable to rely on their product support to fix our issues can be a huge problem when the error involves payroll which is under a deadline!

Pros

The interface on the employee profile pages is pretty good. It's like a dashboard for each type of information for each employee (pay profile, employment profile, personal profile, etc.).

Cons

The reporting functionality leaves much to be desired from the user's perspective. I find it very difficult to locate a canned report containing the information I need, and the custom reporting can be difficult to use. We also use this product for PTO tracking, and the users find it difficult to figure out how to see all the details and manage their time off. I am constantly having to explain to them how to use it, when this feature should really be self-explanatory. In addition, administrators are unable to pull or print a calendar showing time off for all employees in a given time period. This seems like information that's crucial from a business perspective, but apparently if we don't pay for the Time & Attendance module, we do not get the full functionality of the PTO system. Disappointing, to say the least. Another big disappointment is figuring out how to use this product to distribute and track company policies that require signatures, print a report with the results, etc. I'm not sure it works at all....I have been unable to figure it out, and therefore gave up on that.

Brian from Amazon.com

Follows you wherever you go...

simple/easy/intuitive/persistent/Dedicated --- don't forget it will always be by your side

Pros

Throughout many roles and across varied industry's ADP has been used as a platform to receive pay stubs, obtain tax information and forms, monitor time work and time off, and track pay. All of these features are displayed in an easy to navigate, user-friendly, customizable dashboard that is kind of awesome if you are obsessed with your finances. I love how everything is at your fingertips and how easy all your info is to access. The best part about ADP is that despite being issued new log in credentials with every employer who uses this program (usually the company email I am assigned once hired) all my previous ADP accounts synched with my new job and literally has followed me from place to place. I was concerned that with each new employer and subsequently the new account information, I would have countless user names and passwords spanning my lifetime from each and every job I held. WRONG! This program is great... their app even is better.. and it will always be with you no matter the employer.

Cons

Starting the whole process at times can be difficult. With my most recent employer who used ADP there was a miscommunication between HR and the company resulting in misinformation and bad information regarding sign up to the app/program. An invite code was needed but it seemed no one could get it together enough to get it for us ...needless to say weeks later the entire new hire class got the right code hence access to our paystubs

Sherri from Starion Bank

It's come a long way

We enjoy having the functionality and time savings it brings to our organization. I look forward to future upgrades to the reporting and performance review features.

Pros

We have used ADP for over 10 years. It has come a long way in the functionality. They have a good system for open enrollment, policy acknowledgements, W4 reporting, benefit tracking. I like the historical information. We recently added Doc Cloud and have enjoyed having all the documents in one place.

Cons

The reporting feature needs some work. They information is in the system, but the reports to pull the information aren't very user friendly. For example, their gross pay report is wonderful, but there isn't a report to pull that breaks down what categories the information came from. The performance review feature doesn't allow for customization to add forms. Also, when they make upgrades, they don't recognize the affect it will have on other parts of the software.

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

The cost of some of the software systems was quite high. They had additional functionality, but that didn't justify the cost difference.

Kym from McCurley Integrity Dealerships

ADP

After the implementation process, as painful as it was, the system seems to be a little smoother and working correctly. Still finding some items that are needing fixed from the lack of attention from our previous account managers.

Pros

ADP has automated several process that used to be manual.

Cons

The implementation process was very difficult and lasted over a year. It took almost a year to find a good Account Manager. The continued updates. Just seems that every week I go in and something has changed. The ACA reporting is still a little clunky.

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

Again because we were under the assumption that ADP had more dealership experience when it came to payroll because they used to be a part of CDK (which is a dealership accounting software).

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

CDK was sunsetting their program. ADP and CDK used to be one in the same therefore we were under the impression that ADP would have more dealership experience when it came to payroll.

Cyndi from GitHub, Inc.

Industry: Information Services

WFN Review

I have been expanding the functions within WFN - we added time and attendance this year and plan on using other feature to help us grow and scale our payroll. I find as the complexities of our payroll increases, WFN can handle and grow with us.

Pros

The flexibility it provides. Depending upon the company's complexities - you can use as little or as much as you need from the system. It integrates with other systems too (Workday, etc) to help automate processes.

Cons

It is a difficult to have multiple payroll runs at the same time. When you are in a public company with stock and regular payroll runs on the same day - the system can do it - but it is not easy to flow between the two payroll runs.

Management decision.

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

I was not part of that decision.

Shikha from ApTask

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

ADP Workforce Now-Most used and advanced Human Capital Management Solutions

Our company’s overall experience has been extremely good except for the customer service part, which has now improved as compared to earlier. We have no plans to move to any other software since our entire team is very well versed with this software.

Pros

ADP Workforce Now is a wholesome web-based human resource capital management system designed to assist and automate company’s HR processes including payroll management, benefits, time and labor management, compliance etc. This tool also provides the API, which facilitates the smooth integration with other HR business application including any internal software that you may have. We have been using this software for almost 5 years now and the experience has been amazing. The entire application is user friendly and easy to manage with a supportive customer service. It also facilitates our employees to register into the system whose paycheck has been processed once and they can view their paystubs online, which reduces our burden of sending the paystubs separately. The entire process of payroll including the tax processing, sick time filing (if applicable), PTO management etc. is simplified through this application. The benefit enrolment/waiving process is also easier with all the documents placed under different sections of the consultant’s file.

Cons

The customer support team is cooperative but getting answers from them could be tedious. You have to be on call for almost 15-20 minutes before you could hear a human voice. The response time over emails is not so fast as well. It may take from 4-5 hours to a day to get an answer sometimes.

Samridh from TSI Incorporated

Easy to Use and Easy to Manage

Pros

Our company transitioned to ADP 3 years ago and in the past three years I have really grown to like ADP. - Easy to manage my PTO and see balances I can easily log into ADP and see how much balance is left. Previously I had to wait for my paycheck to look at it and keep note of it. Otherwise everything was stored on the SAP system and SAP codes were too hard to remember. I like the online platform a lot better with ADP. Apply for PTO is also a piece of cake. Simply choose the date (calendar is shown on right) and submit the hours. - Notifications ADP is really good about notifying the user if there is any mails waiting in the inbox. Any approvals or disapprovals, documents and announcements on ADP gets sent straight to my work email and it helps me to remember that I should go and check it out. - Everything in one place All my Paychecks, Tax Documents, Health and Dental Benefits, Policies etc are on one spot. They are all properly placed under specific tabs so after some clicking around I was able to easily get to the page I needed too. I also like that I can download my information and documents in a pdf format and store it computer for later access. I no longer have to email HR and ask for my tax document if I lost it or ask what is the health/dental plan i enrolled in. Even enrolling or changing the benefits plan is super easy and it is all done inside the ADP at the beginning of each year.

Cons

- Outdated look I think ADP could enhance their website a bit more than what it is. I do like their simplicity however more helpful links in the front page would be nice so that I do not have to click through 3 pages to submit a PTO. - More details needed I would prefer each page to have some details on what this page is for and how it can be used. Some sort of front page explanation would be nice. The first few months I emailed my HR every single time to figure out how to do the simplest of things - Update takes time When there is an updated I have notice some delays. Whether it be on my PTO approval or my salary increase. The system updates takes the longest.

Collin from Trunk Club

Leading Payroll Vendor for a Reason

This is a strong tool once the learning curve is overcome. I have used small, medium, and large payroll platforms and ADP is a true "One size fits all" platform and perhaps my vendor of choice. However, for that ideal fit, it will require diligent implementation and an understanding of the platform and it's features. There are trade-offs: while startup companies such as Zenefits or Namely have a simple user interface and easy to navigate, they also come with system limitations and lack of support compared to the big companies. ADP is the opposite; sometimes quirky and difficult to find what you need, but a truly powerful system with a large support team ready to assist. Choose based on your priorities.

Pros

This is an extremely robust platform with extensive custom functionality. When properly configured and utilized, WorkforceNow can fit practically any business and payroll model, from small businesses to high volume, enterprise-level companies. Service and Support are best in class and will walk you through anything. Tax filings, notice resolutions, and year-end processes are a breeze. Solid tools and modules - Benefits, Reporting Suite, Onboarding, Time Tracking (But you'll pay for it).

Cons

ADP is a legacy company with legacy systems. Because they have been around for so long, some features seem to be "stacked" on from prior versions instead of given an entire overhaul. This can lead to an lack of intuitive UI and UX compared to younger systems like Workday. Implementation team may give you an "out of the box" setup. May require diligent partnership in configuring to your specifications. Pricing may not be as competitive as other vendors and module implementations can add up.

Cynthia from East Haven Builders Supply

WFN Review 2018

Overall experience with WFN platform has been very good. PS: I miss being able to go to ADP locations for "live" training. Especially for reporting! I know that the WFN reporting is very strong and I am not using to it's full ability. I am more of a hands on learner vs. webinars and learned a lot by attending ADP classes for training in THIS area in the past. (Hint, hint - Smile)

Pros

Love having everything on the same platform; payroll, benefits, T&A, and reporting. For the most part I love the ease of using the product. While updates are important to stay compliant and current with needs they create havoc with current setup.(growing pains!) I have been using ADP products since 1990 and this platform is by far the best and easiest to use. Love the training bites on the top of pages.

Cons

I only have cons with specific areas of WFN updates and not the overall WFN platform. 1. Time & Attendance - Current update of moving hours to payroll we lost that the function where the system will stop the import to payroll if there are exceptions and either make you acknowledge the exception or delete from the time card. Example: A manager approves a time off request for a closed pay period. The hours flow to the current pay period. Since it is just hours (because in wrong pay/time period) there are no dollars. When doing a payroll reconciliation we tie hours & dollars. When it's a company of 400 employees this is like looking for a needle in a hay stack. I'd rather be stopped and asked to note the exception before I can import. 2. There needs to be more flexibility with the restrictions within time and attendance. Example: We want to restrict an employee to only being able to swipe in 5 minutes before the start of their schedule. If they are 5 minutes late I don't want them restricted; they should be able to swipe in even if they are an hour late. (The old ETime allowed this and it was very helpful in controlling OT because employees had to immediately go to a manager to get permission to start or stay later than their scheduled time vs. seeing the next day when reviewing time cards) 3. Wage & Garnishment - Need easier reports to get what is needed

Intuitive for users of all types

As a leader of a team, I am responsible for approving time cards, PTO requests, time adjustments, etc. and have found that ADP WorkforceNow is an intuitive software that anyone can learn very quickly. The menu is thorough but simple, and functions are placed in a logical workflow. I would highly recommend ADP WorkforceNow as a timekeeping/payroll software due to the easy-to-use software.

Pros

Intuitive web-based software that I have found easy to use across users of all types. As a manager that approves time cards on a regular basis, I found that it's easy to find what you're looking for. For example, if you want to adjust a time card, simply click on the employee's time card, and go to the appropriate day that you want to adjust the time, and click "add row," "delete row,", etc. OR simply adjust the time as needed in each box - it's as simple as that. I also liked the calendar-based PTO request form - simply click on the date(s) that you want to schedule for PTO, Jury Duty, etc. and it will mostly populate the request form with the date(s) you selected. There's also a variety of reports you can run in which you can select your criteria so provide the right report you need.

Cons

One con is when you are "acting on behalf" of someone else, the menu looks a little different than your normal dashboard screen, but it's nothing major and you quickly get used to the functions. Also, it can be a little tricky to find out each team members time off scheduled as you have to dig into the menu a little deeper. But as you use the software more, you quickly become accustomed to where to go.

Claudia from River Oaks Baptist School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

ADP has been the best aspect of my job at times and the most frustrating at other times.

It does a great job of staying current with all the compliances changes to payroll and HR. I rely on them to get the payroll reporting correct.

Pros

The webinars and continuous learning opportunities for the user are great. Laws and compliances are changing so quickly that it is hard for someone in the trenches to keep up. They make staying current easy with their Eye on Washington and special webcasts. I like the look and ease of the program. It is easy to navigate and find what you're looking for. The new Pay Cycle is great, but it would be nice to enjoy it a while before they "upgrade" it again. I need time to learn and discover all the ways it can assist me. Customer support has been one area of frustration, but help with the ACA and Time and Attendance has been stellar.

Cons

Getting answers quickly has been a huge frustration, and not just with customer service although that has been an issue with payroll. It seems to take an unnecessary amount of time to get something new implemented. We took steps to add an HR component for tracking professional development hours for our teachers. Once we signed up, we waited weeks to hear back about implementation. Finally after emailing our rep, I was contacted about training for the addition and found out it was not what we wanted. What we wanted was free and available with the push of a button. ADP has great resources for self-learning and I take advantage of them frequently. But sometimes I have an issue with payroll and need an answer quickly. Now with the designated rep, that doesn't happen. She is rarely available, which I understand, she has many clients and speaking with someone else is perfectly acceptable, but usually I end up having to leave a message. I find myself not wanting to call and having issues unresolved. Sometimes she is not able to resolve the issue completely because it involves a different department.

Response from ADP

Replied December 2017

Hi Claudia - Thank you for your review of Workforce Now. We have made significant changes to our Service model that I would love to connect with you more about. Please reach out to me directly: Anthony.Woodard@adp.com

Monica from Brazos River Authority

For the most part, this is a good product and fairly intuitive.

I was using a massive system, that was very cumbersome and not flexible at all. ADP streamlined our processes for the most part and has made our jobs in HR and Payroll a little easier.

Pros

There is a home page that can be customized. This provides the employer a good opportunity to communicate with all employees, considering everyone must go into ADP to enter their time at least twice each month. The portal can be setup in English and Spanish. The system overall is fairly easy to work in and find information. There are a good number of standard reports. ADP offers a lot of training opportunities, support, message boards, etc. at no cost, which is a definite benefit.

Cons

The home page is a wonderful communication tool; however, customizing it in Portal is very difficult and takes more time than it should to get it to look professional. The setup is fairly restrictive, the 'Undo' button no longer exists after this last upgrade, you can't control the line spacing, for some reason the system removes some spacing between words that were copied and pasted into the Portal, and for the most part, the system seems to do what it wants. The leave-time system has become very cumbersome. Example: An employee is out sick one day in a pay period. The employee enters their work hours, along with their sick time, into the timesheet, then saves and approves their timesheet. The supervisor then goes in and must first approve the sick time, which automatically removes the employee's approval. The employee then must approve their timesheet again before the supervisor can approve the entire timesheet. Another aggravation is the ridiculous number of messages and the requirement to archive the messages. The system even requires confirmation that you want to archive and then it provides a running total of the number that has been archived, or the number of new hires entered, etc. Knowing the number of actions taken or messages archived is unnecessary.

Response from ADP

Replied July 2017

Monica - Thank you for taking the time to review our WFN product. I am sorry you find our customization features and leave-time system underwhelming. I would love to connect with you more about this. Please reach out: anthony.woodard@adp.com

Mark from CRAssociates Inc

Overall the different components of the system work well together and are easy to use.

The system has easy to track timesheets, both the hours and the supervisor and employee approvals. This is important as a Government Contractor. Having a system that works as smoothly as this makes growing as a company much easier and limits the amount of staff that we have to hire to process the payroll and the HR functions. Having a customer support team for payroll questions and reporting questions helps greatly. I have always found ADP's reporting support staff the most knowledgeable about their department and have always given me great help.

Pros

The reporting system is is easier to use than other systems I have used in the past. Also, I like how the HR functions, employee service items, the payroll system, and the timesheet system flow well together. The reporting system makes it easy to run reports over several companies, for several years, and for active and terminated employees. I've used other popular payroll processors software which limited the reports to only 1 year at a time. I like how easy it is for employees to access their paystubs, access past w-2s, and make changes to some of their information. Having the view available for pay stubs and w-2s has cut down on phone calls. The payroll system is very easy to use. Recent upgrades have placed fields in a better arrangement for viewing several fields of an employee record at the same time. I find the timesheet system mostly easy to use for our employees.

Cons

There are too many, too frequent upgrades. I've experienced reports losing formatting during the upgrade and have to repair them or reach out to ADP to repair them. Also, there have been several periods of downtime hours this year where the system has crashed and almost all of these are following an upgrade. The security portion of the system can be a bit tricky and not very user friendly, although, some improvements have been made in recent upgrades. Also, the phone app for the timesheet system is a bit lacking in functionality, although, this too has seen some recent upgrades.

Deborah from Nexus Valve, Inc.

Our company has been using ADP Workforce Now since 2014. This is an amazing program!

Secure, dependable and user friendly payroll processing. A time and attendance system. Reporting functions that allow us to track and report critical information that helps us run a better company. Offsite support and a system that is always rolling out updates and training. This is a great system for the medium to large business. You cannot go wrong with this program.

Pros

Workforce Now has changed from being a time and attendance and payroll system to a Human Resources tool I cannot do without. I am a one person Human Resources Department and I need a HR system that can streamline and support the many functions I deal with on a daily basis. Workforce Now (WFN) does that and so much more. WFN comes with dozens of preloaded reports that allows me to run employee rosters, payroll reports, attendance reports, cost of labor by hours and earnings. It tracks tax information and General Leader Reports for our accounting department. Employees are able to electronically request time off and get manager approvals emailed to their cell phones or home computers. Managers and supervisors can make notes right in the employees electronic file so there is always a record of items they can use when doing annual reviews or disciplinary action meetings. There is so many options available. Making sure employees get paid properly is critical, but this system and the ADP support team take payroll to a whole new level! ADP has been working diligently to make this system a workhorse in the HR department. The updates keep this system cutting edge, yet user friendly and easy to run. You will not have to worry about having outdated and stale software in a year. There is always something being improved. Just in case something does come up, WFN has a solid support team that you can reach out to for questions and assistance. And they are only a phone call away.

Cons

What do I like least? I only have a couple of issues, and the pro's far outweigh the concerns, but it seems like the support team is very busy on some Monday's and Tuesday's. When you try to call in for support the wait times can be a little long. I have learned to plan ahead and call early. If you want a least like about the software specifically then that is more difficult to answer. I guess I'd say the learning curve can feel a little intimidating when you first start to using WFN. Help is only a phone call away or a quick look up in the integrated help screens.

Response from ADP

Replied June 2017

Deborah - Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review. We appreciate your time and your business. If I can be of any assistance to you, please feel free to reach out. lori.wilmot@adp.com

Sarita from PeoplesBank

Workforce Now -Better but still needs improvement

I have been an ADP Practitioner since August 2012. Within each upgrade our processes seem to improve on efficiency and accuracy thanks to the updates made. We have however had some issues in terms of "user-friendly" that while are small in nature, they do create inconvenience for our associates. 1. Message Center - I believe it was V10 I really enjoyed our Message Center - having the action arrows available was quick and easy. In the next upgrade it changed to a check, an X and three little dots. While this is convenient, not everyone can see these options on their screen unless a)they zoom in, or b) they scroll down - scroll right - scroll back up. It's just a headache. 2. Time off - this is helpful but still having some issues. We round to the nearest quarter and at this time it is rounded to the nearest minute. Also within time off request, anytime the policy or reason code is changed the hours zero out. We used to be able to submit a week for vacation on one line, it would appear a 5 days x 8 hours and submit. If we wanted to each day individually we had that option as well. Now it's all individually so each line must be manually updated. Very inconvenient. 3. Reporting - The ease of reporting has improved so much I would just assign 5 stars for that! Sadly I have been calling and attempting to build a report that retains an associates work history and still to no avail. 4. Client Service - For the most part the reps I have spoken to have always been very polite. As far as knowledge of a particular module it can vary from person to person so some frustration can occur when seeking an answer for an issue. Also turnaround time on open cases can be way longer than expected, while some never even respond. All around I truly love this product. In terms of what we need I do like Workforce Now very much. We look forward to all upgrades and improvements that they bring.

Pros

As a practitioner the options within the modules has been fairly easy to setup. It has the capacity to do so much more than we are doing in our department currently, and the introduction of ADP Mobile has elevated the service to our associates.

Cons

Ease and functionality could be improved. Again minor things but do contribute to the overall experience.

Response from ADP

Replied February 2017

Sarita - Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review. I would like to connect you with someone who can assist with each of the items you outline below. Please reach out to me directly and I can set something up. lori.wilmot@adp.com

Joy from Quantum Spatial, Inc.

Industry: Environmental Services

ADP WFN is fantastic!

I've been using ADP WFN for just over a year now and I have to say, ADP has come a long way in a relatively short time. From its inception of online payroll processing under Pay eXpert, WFN is light years ahead of its predecessor. Most things are laid out in a logical fashion and are easy to use. The internal design team must have been laboring over the current incarnation and should be commended. It would be nice if there was a middle ground between Simple and Advanced Reporting and I understand there are improvements coming to the Notification Center. The SmartCompliance site is way easier than "the old days" of faxing in notices. There are still a few things that could be improved (like Annum & Reset Year value availability in Reporting for payroll-based accruals) and there are times when the client can definitely tell that the Client Support team is held to quotas and stats (or, maybe I periodically get a rep that isn't as invested in client success) but perseverance pays off & I can always get to a truly dedicated rep with comprehensive knowledge of systems & processes to help me troubleshoot issues. (ADP should really do more to keep those valued reps because they are the heart and soul of the company. Instead, I understand that there's an informal no-rehire policy in place, maybe to get a fresh perspective into the organization, but really the knowledge and wisdom from those years of service take years to develop. Bring back the former reps and ease up on the phone stat review. Do what's right and best for each caller!) The software, though, again, light years from whence it came. Loving the Employee Documents (the bulk upload process could be streamlined by naming convention protocols that automatically select EE's and apply categories.) Looking forward to seeing the new version of Predictive Analytics. One weak spot is performance review/management (surely ADP can acquire a company & incorporate a smooth process for clients.) Another weak spot is the inability to Deductions in Arrears for Managed By Benefits items. As a growing, dynamic company grown through acquisition, ADP WFN has been an invaluable partner in the process of managing our complexity for our employees.

Pros

Ease of use, logical layout, robust options.

Cons

Still, some client-facing things to be smoothed out.

Response from ADP

Replied December 2016

Joy - thanks for providing such a detailed and insightful review. As always, reach out if you need anything. lori.wilmot@adp.com

Phillip from The Ark Animal Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

ADP User

My overall experience has been excellent. Their customer service is knowledgeable and skilled. I do not wait long when I need to reach them. They have been critical to my business navigating the COVID-19 crisis. I would have made countless blunders if not for their HR and accounting departments knowledge of the COVID guidelines and policies. Very impressed with ADP and will continue to use them in my office.

Pros

Everything is very seamless and contained. The tabs are self-explanatory and easy to navigate. You can gather all the info you need for an individual from the same page. Quick and easy to learn. Processes that can be cumbersome on other systems flow smoothly with ADP's system

Cons

I do not have any cons. Minor things that I wanted improved in the past have all been handled with periodic updates and patches.

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

My business has used ADP for quite some time and I briefly considered other companies in late 2019. The COVID-19 assistance I received throughout 2020 from ADP has solidified my satisfaction and I am no longer entertaining offers from any other payroll company.

Adrian from Star2Star Communications

ADP

WFN solves our issues for time and attendance tracking with employees in 30 states. It provides all necessary reporting needed to report on payroll spend.

Pros

Pretty user friendly. Screen layout is easy to follow. Once employees are trained, they usually don't need any follow up.

Cons

Updates and changes are too frequent. Constant change. The Benefits sections is very hard to manage without support from ADP and working through Open Enrollment is very challenging. The Carrier API feeds are very complex.

System functionality

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

System functionality did not meet needs with growth of company.

Johnathan from Hansen Technologies

All your work information in one place

ADP is a big player in the payroll, HR and workplace support space. I use their software because my employer uses it. We switched from Trinet, which I admit I prefer, but WorkforceNow will suffice. It is not a bad tool, but I've had better.

Pros

What I state in the title is pretty much the best part of this software. To have everything at your finger tips is a plus. There is detailed information such as the breakdown of your paycheck with graphs included.

Cons

These are the areas that I liked the least. One caveat: I realize that these points are not necessarily due to the software itself, but with this application it is hard to separate the issues from the software. I did not give the software any less stars due to no. 2 and 4. 1) the discount page under benefits, seems to hang-up often. It came to a point I stopped visiting because of this. 2) issue with benefits in that the providers could not find us as having enrolled. Is this due to the software or human error? Not sure, but the insurer had to be contacted due to the oversight from ADP. 3) the look and interface will not win any awards. It is functional, but could use a "new coat of paint" and better menus. 4) when I inquired with MyLifeAdvisor via email, regarding an issue, it took two days for a response. I realize that is a reasonable time frame, but am spoiled with our previous vendor responding within two hours.

Employer's decision.

Katie from The Classic at Hillcrest Greens

ADP Review

Overall I'm a happy ADP client.

Pros

What I like most is that everything is there for me in one place- time and attendance, payroll, reviews, contact information. I also like that help or assistance from ADP is a phone call away.

Cons

I wish the hold time when I call for assistance wasn't so long. I also wish there would be a last contact log for supervisors or admin to write in notes.

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

ADP was able to set us up with workforce now the quickest. I heard good things about it.

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

We changed ownership and I didn't care for Kronos.

Margaret from Grasshopper Investments

2+ User of ADP/WorkForceNow

The most significant benefit for our organization is the reduction of paper flying between facilities. As our managers have become more and more comfortable with WFN we've been able to move away from paper to electronic delivery and processing. The biggest time saver, and I believe improvement in communication, has been using the on line time off request function. This year end we will also be implementing electronic delivery of W2s.

Pros

WFN is, for the most part, intuitive for day to day operations. Time clock adjustments, change of status, report production -- the daily interaction and typical use is easy to learn and to train on. When I have a problem or something I'm not familiar with customer service support, especially the reporting group, is very patient and helpful.

Cons

The constant "updates" cause problems. It seems these are done over weekends so when I come in on Monday it's not uncommon to run into unexpected delays; what worked on Friday doesn't work Monday morning. As an example, the most recent update required a code for Health Care Eligibility Date in the Tax Section of the New Hire module. It was impossible to locate this code and required a call to customer service. Unfortunately my account manager was only vaguely familiar with this new requirement and it took about 20-minutes on the phone to work out what was needed, the 'why' of the need and what the random code signified is still not clear. The frequency of the updates along with the scope make it difficult to keep up.

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

Dissatisfaction with both product and customer upport

Andrea from CCI

Offers associates access to payroll from anywhere

WorkforceNow allows our associates to have access to their payroll information electronically so that they don't have to save their paper paystubs and then try to find them when they need them.

Pros

I like the fact that our associates have access to their payroll information from anywhere and it's immediate access once the "process" button is pressed.

Cons

There are not enough generic reports for Admins to run. It's also sometimes difficult to find some of the yearly information that we need to give to our Leadership or Associates.

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

More features at the time

Kathryn from The RiverWoods Company

ADP Review

I have been using ADP in my current role since July 2016, this is my first exposure to ADP. I am in charge of payroll and employee data within ADP. The application takes a little getting used to but I do find it fairly user friendly. I took advantage of the online courses right away and got certified in HR/Payroll/Time and Attenance early one. This really help get a better understanding of the system. One area I have struggled with is Performance Management, specifically getting reviews up and running in ADP. The process is a bit disjointed. For those of us with no "programming" background, it would be more user friendly to have this all be one process. The process of building approval paths should be part of setting up the performance management module. I also found the training on this particular topic to have the same disjointed feeling. You have to take the workflow training and the performance management training and the figure out how to merge the information to get the module up and running. This is definitely an area I see that could use some improvment. In order to really make this a comprehensive platform, it needs to be user friendly and this is the one area I have encountered that is not. I have seen ADP make several enhancements over the last 7 months, I am holding out hope that this will be coming soon. One other area of minor concern is customer support. There is inconsistency on how knowledgeable the customer service representatives are. When I call in I never know if I am going to get the person who knows exactly how to help me, or can ask the right questions to figure out the best course of action. Or, if I am going to get the representative who seems to be lacking the basic understanding of ADP and how to address customer questions. End users rely on the voice at the other end of the line being the expert. When the representatives knowledge seems to be less than the end users, confidence in the product can erode.

Pros

Most transactions are easy and intuative. The "one stop shopping" for HR/Payroll needs. Availability of online training. Updated payroll dashboard is very helpful.

Cons

Performance Management is cumbersome to set up. I find the message center clumsy.

Hannah from Wireless Company

Going on 2 years as a satisfied customer.

ADP's WorkforceNow platform has made a significant difference in our daily payroll and reporting process. The benefits and ACA tracking alone saves us hundreds of hours a year and keeps us inline for compliance in these areas. The platform is easy to use and when something new is needed the Customer Service Center is always available to walk us through the process or set up training if needed. Maintenance is scheduled during late evening hours so there is never an inconvenience to our business and I have yet to encounter a system glitch or problem, which is a great comfort. We operate in multiple States with multiple local tax jurisdictions and ADP's WorkforceNow platform, customer service website and Client Services team streamlines the set up and additions that we need regularly. The paydata batches are easy to set up and use and the avalibility of making employee changes while working on a payroll is very helpful. You can click on an employee while in the payroll paydata sheet, give a raise increase, change tax withholding, or change a work location and click right back to the payroll paydata sheet and continue. This is a great function that we use constantly. I have a great many reasons to be thankful that my company uses ADP's WorkforceNow and I highly recommend it.

Pros

Easy of use, availability of training and helpful customer service.

Cons

Would like to see standard and sample reports have explanations. You have to open each report to see if it is what you are looking for and this can be time consuming. A brief explanation of what the report covers or a snapshot template of what the report run looks like would be helpful.

Response from ADP

Replied February 2017

Hannah - thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review of our WFN product/service. We value your feedback, and I will take your suggestions on reporting to our development team. If I can ever be of assistance to you, please don't hesitate to reach out. lori.wilmot@adp.com. Thank you for being a loyal ADP client.

April from Hospital & Health Care

Trusted above the rest.

I appreciate how many employees can essentially sign in to their cell phone , computers, or tablet as opposed to writing down time cards and sending them electronically every two weeks. It saves me a great deal of time and we realize time squandered is cash squandered. This software can essentially be accessed anywhere. It is easy to check your balances for time off, vacation, and overall benefits with just a click. Customer support is always quick to assist and resolve any issues should they arise.

Pros

I have confidence in all that ADP does particularly in the field of finance. What I like best is the means by which it offers not many blunders contrasted with other finance programming I've utilized beforehand. It likewise radiates a specific present day feel dissimilar to other finance programming that appear to be obsolete with a higher-than-regular number of snaps to actuate a specific assignment.

Cons

While I don't always favor marking in continually at whatever point I access the stage utilizing my cell phone, I can also appreciate and understand that this sometimes daunting task is only an added benefit, to ensure my personal information is secure. With cell phones currently using unique mark scanner, I feel it's smarter to sign in than getting rid of logins.

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

Essentially the switch was made as the company grew in size. It made payroll run smoothly, and quickly, vs having to manually add times for our employees; which could sometimes cause delays in paychecks.

Susan from ZOLL

ADP Workforce Now

ADP will always be my preferred payroll software of choice.

Pros

I have used ADP software for nearly 3 decades and have experienced its growth and expansion. The software is the most user friendly and easiest to learn and for the most part is designed to conducive to the needs of payroll professionals. ADP always seems to be looking for the best ways to tackle a complex software system which includes so many aspects, taxes on Federal, State and Local levels, benefits, time and attendance, not to mention payroll itself and all of the important laws and calculations. It is very important for payroll professionals and their companies to trust an outsourcing software and company to guard them from error, mistakes and penalties. ADP accomplishes better than anyone else in their industry.

Cons

In July 2017, ADP adopted a new customer service model which has been very poor. Understanding that they need time to work out the kinks, however it has been 8 months and I would still rate the system quite poor.

Response from Lori

Replied February 2018

Susan - Thank you for providing a detailed review of our WFN product. We truly appreciate your feedback on our new service model. We are continuing to evolve our model and are invested in making the experience a stellar one for our clients. I have asked a member of our Client Loyalty team to reach out to you directly to get more detailed feedback on what is working for you and what changes you would like to see in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you need any assistance. Lori.wilmot@adp.com

Steve from Arch Language Network

If you have to track your employees time and attendance and manage payroll...

- I am only a user and I can only comment on my usage for logging-on, punch-in's and punch-out's and creating time reports for myself. - I know that the system is used to track time for submission to ADP who then generates paychecks and direct deposits.

Pros

- It is easy to use once you navigate around a bit. - It allows you to create reports for yourself of the time you put in. - Reports are acceptable to Social Security for compliance verification. - There is an APP for smartphones.

Cons

- Sometimes, if you go to a particular screen or function, it is difficult to find your way back to the screen that you started from. - The browser "back" function does not work as you would expect. - Sometimes it warns you that it cannot run because there is another active instance, even though you have signed-off and closed the tab earlier. - It may require the complete clearing of your browser cache to fix previous problem. - It forces you to change your password at regular intervals, even if you don't want to. - If you have trouble entering your password, it will invalidate your account and force you to use the password reset process. - If you forget your password, the process to reset it is cumbersome, finicky and prone to failures or rejections. - It remember too many previously used passwords when changing passwords. - It determines new password validity based on previous passwords and use of similar new passwords is very strict and often denied.

Matt from TrialScope

Built for the large company in mind

Overall is works well. UI is rather dated vs a the PayChex platform I have used before. It does everything we need which is nice but it does a whole lot more (geared to larger companies) and all of that extra functionality can really get in the way when navigating through the system. We came from a PEO so these minor drawbacks are far outweighed by the money we saved in fees. Onboarding was long but we had someone from ADP with us the entire time.

Pros

Significantly less expensive then PEO platform Ability to do everything you want (payroll, onboarding, reviews etc)

Cons

UI is a bit dated Rather complicated with all the functionality - again built for large companies that will use it for a variety of items not jus typical payroll, onboarding etc.

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

It provided the best solution for our business needs at a price that was affordable.

Cost Savings

Sadia from medbest medical management

ADP

When there's no issues with vacation time being requested off it is an easy system to use. It's all in one place so I enjoy using it as an employee.

Pros

It's fairly easy to use, we use it to track time for clock in and out for time sheets. I can check my pay stubs, W2's and my time off. I can also submit my time off requests within the system directly to my supervisor so it's a really integrated system. My favorite thing about this system is how it interfaced with turbotax so my tax information is imported directly at the end of the year to file my taxes. So easy!

Cons

It's really cumbersome when it comes to multiple times in and outs. When you're leaving and coming back in one day it becomes really confusing for someone who isn't an administrator in the system. Also, if you don't have the saved up vacation time for the entire day it won't let you request the entire day off. So I need to be marked off as absent that day although it's a planned day off.... we work around it by emailing our supervisor ahead of time and explaining that it's not in ADP due to lack of vacation time banked but it's extra work for our supervisor to go in and mark it off before the time sheet is due. It's also hard to fix you have to put it 6 hours of vacation time then 2 hours absent somehow, the system tends to deny it most of the time and the administrator needs to fix it ...

Gustave from Disruptive MedTech

Industry: Medical Devices

Decent integrations, a little clunky interfaces

Solid soution, needs some UX updates to keep up with the edgy cloud solutions.

Pros

The best parts of this software is that it is able to integrate a bunch of needs/functions from payroll, time tracking, offer letters, etc, that small business needs. Solid solution for having an HR team without the whole team.

Cons

Many of the interfaces are last-decade and clunky. The time tracking tool really feels like old SAP database and does not have the ease of use that Toggl does. There are also a myriad of urls' that one has to keep straight...

Integration and price

Integration

Robin from Virtual Learning Academy Charter School

WFN Review

I have almost 20 years experience using ADP - paper, several versions of Enterprise, and WFN. The system has a lot of plusses, but I miss some functionality I had with the older version - my biggest 'loss' is the ability to 'hover' over a field and get the field name used for reports. Cust Service seems to be out sourced now, calling in for support is hit or miss - I prefer speaking to someone locally who is an expert on the product, instead of someone reading prompts from a script. Still better than other products - but since changing from a company that was an ADP national account to a smaller company using a regional account, there is a definite difference in support. I don't think my new company was guided well in setting up their product - they had no experience with ADP, and didn't know what to ask. New regional rep (Anthony) has been very helpful, as well as the experts at the ADP conference last fall.

Pros

Reputation, reliability, convenience

Cons

version updates/changes can be frustrating - you learn a product and get used to it's functions, and they change how it works. REALLY would like to get back the ability to hover over a field and find the field name used in Custom Reports - total time waster having to search for something either in the pdf file or through the thousands of choices in the catalog.

Response from ADP

Replied February 2017

Robin - Thank you for taking the time to review our WFN product/service. I am sorry your experience has been inconsistent. We have not outsourced any part of our Customer Service, but we do provide support within and outside of the US. Please reach out to me. I would love the opportunity to assist you with whatever you need. lori.wilmot@adp.com

I've used ADP WorkforceNow for the past 15 years, over three jobs...and it keeps getting better!

I really appreciate the stability and ease-of-use with ADP WorkforceNow. I know that no matter where I work, as long as they use ADP WorkforceNow, I already know how to handle my needed administrative tasks. Whether I need to request new time off, see my paycheck or set up my benefits, I know that I can get my needed tasks taken care of in as few clicks as possible, so that I can quickly get back to my job. I would recommend ADP WorkforceNow to anyone that needed a robust HR admin software system.

Pros

I've been using ADP WorkforceNow for payroll and tax information for the past 15 years and I'm constantly impressed with how seamless the ease of use is. I have my account set up to receive an e-mail when my paycheck is available, and it's reassuring to know that that e-mail will be there around midnight on payday. The last two places that I've worked have also used ADP WorkforceNow for time off requests and Benefits setup. The time off request process is so straight forward and it is easy to manage my requests. I can put new requests in and manage (delete or edit) existing requests with just a couple of clicks. Using ADP WorkforceNow has taken one less stressor out of managing my paycheck and time off requests at my workplace. Also, the Benefit setup process is streamlined and easy to go as fast or as slow as needed in order to make sure I'm making the right decisions for my circumstances.

Cons

At my previous job, any approved time off requests would be sent to my calendar as a meeting request from ADP WorkforceNow. This was a great feature, as it automatically blocked my calendar for me. That feature does not seem to be available at my current company and it would be nice if it was just standard, no matter what company used the software.

Linda from Providence Housing Authority

Great system

Pros

Customer Service, knowledge of staff, functionality, integration with general ledger system

Cons

There really isn't anything from my perspective that i do not like about ADP.

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

Attention to detail - sales staff really got to know our organization when putting a proposal together and addressed our every need. Price - ADP beat all the competition Full integration of the modules

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

when Paychex migrated to the Flex product, all modules became segregated and multiple entry was needed to update information - such as pay rates, addresses, etc. Customer Service became a horror show and when we were able to speak with someone, they were not knowledgeable on the product at all. we were constantly escalating issues and there were lots of issues

Kary from Attendant Care Companies

ADP Workforce Now

The time to process payroll was tremendously reduced. The ACA measurement period piece helps you to identify who and when to offer benefits, And LOVE that you have a person assigned to company that you can directly contact for issues and support.

Pros

Easy of use., accuracy, development, customization, ACA Reporting, validating direct deposits.

Cons

Purged employees not being able to edit, Not being able to add local taxes without creating a new employee number or transferring them, and not having access to tax support- only being able to upload documents and wait for responses.

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

We tried Paychecks and Paycom but overall all of the reporting abilities exceeded the other companies and the ability to customize pay grids. As well as all of the businesses ADP partners with and can import and export with.

Lauren from HNN Associates, LLC.

Convenient & EASY time and pay management!

It saves my HR, payroll, and managers a ton of time due to us employees having access to our time cards. We are able to log in, adjust punch in/out times and add, edit, and delete notes from our time cards. We are in control and that takes a lot of stress off their shoulders. Overall, ADP WorkforceNow has saved us a lot of time, stress, and upset. HIGHLY recommend.

Pros

#1 - the ease of use. It's one of the easiest sites to navigate that our team uses. Even when I first started using the site, I was able to find my way around easily and didn't experience any confusion. When I had to print off pay stubs and other documents, I found them within seconds and was able to print them off easily. Everything is stored and organized for you, no need to move things around manually. I love this site. #2 - the app! I downloaded the app so that I could easily access my time cards and make notes for payroll when needed. Also I wanted to be able to view my paychecks before they were deposited into my account. I can do all of this and more on the app! It's visually appealing, simple to use, and is free to download! I love this app an site. I'm so grateful for it and look forward to using it for years to come. Thanks WorkforceNow!

Cons

At times, the site can be slow to load. This can be affected by slow wi-fi or being in a dead zone, however there have been times that I've got great connection, I've cleared my internet cache, everything is updated, and it still runs slow. This is rare, however, and has never deterred me from using the site/app. I still love everything about ADP - no other complaints, and still highly recommend.

Lanita from South Barrington Park District

Industry: Government Relations

One Stop Shop!

My experience has been fantastic! Compared to what we had before, it's so much better because I have the reporting capabilities I never had before and in HR, you run a lot of reports. I've never had a question that ADP didn't have an answer for so I've learned a lot!

Pros

WorkforceNow is a one-stop-shop! You can enter new hire information, scan in certificates, track and report on any needed data, process payroll, go paperless, robust HRIS system, amazing customer service, and this is just to name a few!

Cons

I have employees who earn a salary and also earn an hourly wage. This seems to be difficult for the system to calculate and is a manual process for me.

Reasons for Choosing ADP Workforce Now

They features were exactly what we were looking for and their reputation. They had the ability to customize the system to fit out needs.

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

There were hours of manual entries, the reporting feature was not as robust as ADP's, and the customer service was zero.

Darla from South Central L.A. Regional Center

Administrators

Overall experience for me has improved tremendously. I'm learning daily shortcuts, reports that can assist me etc..

Pros

The software has been a big help to me, considering I went from paper timecards to being automated. It's definitely cut my workload in half. As the Payroll Administrator I'm the only individual doing Payroll for 360 employees.

Cons

The training for Workforce Now was a little overwhelming in the beginning, but as I became more familiar with the product I felt more comfortable. The Updates are another annoyance I have. Once I become familiar with a procedure or a format, the update will change all of that. Sometimes for the better sometimes not.

Reasons for Switching to ADP Workforce Now

Upper Management wanted to do away with antiquated procedures as they related to payroll.

Coco from NetEffects Inc

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

WorkforceNow is Progressive

Easy to stop payments or do check reversals. Easy for an employee to sign in to their employee self serve. The initial onboarding is not an easy process for a new hire. There are too many steps for a new hire to do on their own and it's very time consuming. To circumvent this, we initiate the signing in so the new hire may then go in and finish any information required and change their online password.

Pros

One of it's most useful feature it the effective date. It allows you to enter information affecting a future date not yet being paid. Once you understand how it works and know its few limitations (can't enter automatic deductions for a future new hire) you get to appreciate the this time saving feature. ADP is constantly improving features and provides resources for your payroll documentation from Payroll Register to State Tax Filing using easy to download and search features.

Cons

Believe it or not ,sometimes it's the changes. You get used to a set process and when ADP changes something it's usually better but there's an adjustment period to become familiarized with the new process. The good thing is that if there's something you are having problems with or feel that it can be improved, you can voice your concern and they will take it into account when upgrading the system.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 4,594 reviews