All ADP Workforce Now Reviews

Rashid

E-Learning, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2021

ADP Work Force Now Review

I had a great experience using the software it gives a wholistic view of where your paycheck goes!

PROS

ADP Workforce now is an extremely user friendly software that enables clients to accurately keep track of their paychecks in digital form. The software keeps track of tax, deductions and retirement contributions and presents them in an easy to understand visual format. You are also able to change information related to your deductibles etc. from the online platform

CONS

Despite the great features it can be difficult to find what you are looking for in this software. Someone new to this software will feel somewhat overwhelmed by the many drop down menus presented on the home screen. This software is also one of the more pricey options available on the market.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

We had some issues with tax forms using Paychex

Yuri

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed July 2019

Workforcenow for productivity

It helped us to deal with HR matters effectively so that we could see everything with detailed info.

PROS

Customization with it is incredible. Reporting features add more value to the software and as well increases the productivity. Pricing is quite reasonable. Mobile version does really well unlike its peers.

CONS

Customer service should be upgraded. The software could be better integrated other platforms. I would like to see changes immediately because sometimes I have sign out and sign in to see changes.

Reason for choosing ADP Workforce Now

It provides better recruiting and HR outsourcing services. Besides prices are highly reasonable for the paid plans.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

It is more mobile accessible, PC dashboard is more user-friendly. Better human resource management.

nicole

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Convenient and Accessible

PROS

As an employee ADP makes it super easy for me to track my pay, deductions and tax documents. I love that it is all paperless and in the 8 years I've used it, I've never had a security issue.

CONS

I have no negatives to report to report for ADP

Marion

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Issues with Reporting and Customer Support

I would strongly urge any user to make sure they are OK with the reports available. Don't take for granted that they can develop any report you may need. Also, If you are use to a personal support experience and find that necessary for your company this is not the right move for you.

PROS

I like the employee experience through workforce now. I love that my employees can manage their employee files on their own. Adding benefits, changing tax forms, changing contact info. Signing off on policy documents. this is all great and the reason I picked ADP.

CONS

My biggest issues are items that didn't even occur to me to check into. Customer reporting is a waste. I have yet to create a report that meets my expectations. Something as common as 401K audit reporting (which should be standard) has fallen below our expectations. And something as simple as a scheduled monthly birth date and anniversary date report has been difficult. After investing several hours of my own time I've just given up. Most recently I've tried to create a summary report from time cards and something as simple as wrapping notes is not possible. I expected more from a company as widely used as ADP. Even our CPA commented on issues with EOY reports from other clients. Second issue is support. I was told I would have a dedicated support person to assist me if found I was not getting the needed attention from the support line. I emailed my dedicated support person within a few weeks because I was having a hard time resolving an issue. She promptly wrote me back stating she was no longer in that position, when I asked who was I received no response. I went back to my implementation specialist and she informed me that they no longer have that resource available to their clients. I was speaking to a third party and was told she had heard that about ADP from other clients. It sounded like they do this with all new clients. If that is true it's not cool at all! I've found support to be hit or miss. Making appointments has worked best for us, but not always.

Cassie

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Would Highly Reccommend

Wonderful experience from inception to finishing the year and running W2s. They made a complicated process very stress free and easy to use every step.

PROS

The ease of use was great. I have used multiple systems and ADP by far surpasses quality, versatility, capabilities, and ease of use.

CONS

I do not have anything really bad to say. Customer support can assist with setting up any report you need for your frequently tracked areas, but making one on your own can be difficult. It's usually addressed upon setup.

Liam

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2019

A Lot of Buck for Little Bang

To piggyback off the last response, the overall experience was quite poor when it came to the actual resource navigation of the site. As I took this role over managing this system, it became apparent that there was a very limited amount of knowledge as to what information this system even held, let alone how to actually access it. To take it one step further, these types of scenarios became more difficult as if there was a situation that hadn't been encountered before, only the administrator was able to handle that particular issue on behalf of the employee. Multiple times when employees attempted to handle benefit package errors/changes and were unable to make any effect. This said, if it were a personal issue, sometimes employees problems would go unresolved in lieu of having to have someone else handle that problem for them through support.

PROS

The software and services that ADP provides are some of the most wide ranging and highly customizable you can find on the market. Being the largest name, they're able to bring in partners quickly and therefore have a good amount of integrations and other employee resources that you won't be offered through smaller providers. For example, the Life Mart package for employee discount programs is easily one of the most missed pieces of our prior platform (wasn't able to find comparable tool at similar price point).

CONS

The navigation and overabundance of links (that generally lead to the same place) make this software very hard to use. On the home screen alone, there were over 30 different options of where you could go from that screen and not a ton of specificity enough to make you confidence that you're even going to the right place. Theres a lack of actual substance that bothers me. Outside of creating reporting based on the information within the system, the system itself is more or less a portal that connects all these other insurance and investment platforms. The system itself doesn't really do as much as you'd expect for what you pay for. If you're a massive organization and have daily applications of the reporting the system generates, I'm sure it would change things a bit but for your typical small company, it's a bit too deep of a package for their to be so little customization.

Reason for choosing ADP Workforce Now

At the time, the name carried a good amount of weight. Not having prior experience utilizing a similar system and bringing ADP on at this time, it provided more confidence on our end to know that we were using the tool that the majority of the industry was using.

Chelsea

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Overall ADP Review

Overall everything has been working great that we don't have to use other systems

PROS

We have multiple companies so having the ease of all the functionalities really helpds.

CONS

We had some issues with our pay codes and a few other items as we have a very complicated payroll setup but now we are good!

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

we wanted to be on the same system as our other companies

Troy

Insurance, 2-10 employees

ADP review

my overall experience is positive and I would recommend

PROS

ease of use and I know that I have the chat feature if I need help along the way

CONS

the cost right now is higher than other payroll companies

Reason for choosing ADP Workforce Now

the initial discount and help with set up

elizabeth

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

payroll tracking

ADP online is great, very user friendly, mobile app needs to be more user friendly

PROS

Ease of use, not a big learning curve, mobile access

CONS

the mobile app is not as intuitive to work with , needs some work, face ID, less password entry

Ellen

Import and Export, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Great for business and HR feeding

I enjoyed the work, I've been to the Burlington store, and Amazon, two great companies. To which he provided us with the ADP workforce now.

PROS

the practicality in payroll admiration programs.

CONS

I have no complaints in the noment.I am not aware of any other services provided by it.

Reviewed November 2021

Minimize Admiuistration

I have been using ADP Workforce Now software program for decades. ADP Workforce Now has significantly reduced my administrative payroll process. ADP Workforce Now does the work for me! It is comforting to know ADP Workforce Now is 100% reliable. I am always confident the payroll process will run effortlessly and efficiently. I highly recommend it!

PROS

ADP Workforce Now is an excellent software program if you are interested in streamlining your payroll process and making your business run effortlessly, efficiently and eliminate your stress! ADP Workforce Now has been an industry leader for decades. The ADP Workforce Now software is user friendly; the program is self explanatory; and I process employee personal and W4 information in just a few easy steps. I also applaud the implementation team for making the initial transition/conversion process painless. The team was knowledgeable and familial with transferring my previous software program data into ADP Workforce Now with ease. The team knew exactly how transfer my historical data perfectly! Additionally, as a small business owner, I find the legal recommendations invaluable! The legal team is very responsive, knowledgeable, and assists in protecting my business from potential legal consequences.

CONS

I honestly cannot think of any cons working with ADP Workforce Now software program...It's right on point and meets all my expectations. My experience with ADP Workforce Now has been flawless.

Reason for choosing ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now had/has an excellent reputation in the payroll industry. The sales person was highly knowledgeable and trained in using the product. And, more importantly, my colleagues were satisfied using ADP Workforce Now software program and highly recommended it.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now was highly recommended from a colleague. My previous company made a few too many errors. The paychecks had to be reprinted which delayed receiving the paychecks on many paydays.

TraeAnn

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Not a good option for smaller companies

Not great. Customer service is a joke without a dedicated service team, which you can only get by meeting a certain size threshold or paying roughly four times the monthly rate for basic service. They are constantly changing the theme/formatting of the website (at least twice a year), so you have to relearn things often. Six months ago I had a call with them to explore adding the Applicant Tracking and Performance Management modules, and they ended up presenting me with the biggest suite possible without 12 other pieces I didn't need (which was going to increase our annual cost on the system by 3 times, or $40k). When asked to quote me on just the 2 modules I wanted, they literally said "what is your budget? that will help us determine the price." Very backwards approach.

PROS

Lots of customization in reporting and accesses

CONS

Very obvious that they acquired many pieces along the way - isn't a seamless product. For example, if you are building a report and search for "pay rate", three different options come up. Several updates (like employee state taxes) require you to make the change in multiple spots instead of changing it once and that cascading to all impacted areas.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

Not sure, I had not yet started when the switch was made

Sherri

Banking, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2020

It's come a long way

We enjoy having the functionality and time savings it brings to our organization. I look forward to future upgrades to the reporting and performance review features.

PROS

We have used ADP for over 10 years. It has come a long way in the functionality. They have a good system for open enrollment, policy acknowledgements, W4 reporting, benefit tracking. I like the historical information. We recently added Doc Cloud and have enjoyed having all the documents in one place.

CONS

The reporting feature needs some work. They information is in the system, but the reports to pull the information aren't very user friendly. For example, their gross pay report is wonderful, but there isn't a report to pull that breaks down what categories the information came from. The performance review feature doesn't allow for customization to add forms. Also, when they make upgrades, they don't recognize the affect it will have on other parts of the software.

Reason for choosing ADP Workforce Now

The cost of some of the software systems was quite high. They had additional functionality, but that didn't justify the cost difference.

Katie

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2019

ADP Review

Overall I'm a happy ADP client.

PROS

What I like most is that everything is there for me in one place- time and attendance, payroll, reviews, contact information. I also like that help or assistance from ADP is a phone call away.

CONS

I wish the hold time when I call for assistance wasn't so long. I also wish there would be a last contact log for supervisors or admin to write in notes.

Reason for choosing ADP Workforce Now

ADP was able to set us up with workforce now the quickest. I heard good things about it.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

We changed ownership and I didn't care for Kronos.

Abby

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2018

One of the least user friendly systems I've ever used

I have nothing positive to say about ADP. I believe our company had good intentions of utilizing this software, but it has been nothing but a headache for us.

PROS

Once you're able to find the information, ADP is comprehensive and has employee's information readily accessible in several areas. I think the only positive thing I have to say about this system is that you're able to reset your login password yourself, as opposed to an administrator having to do it.

CONS

There are so many things that I do not like about this software - some of the main areas of concern/difficulty: 1. There are entirely too many "widgets" to navigate through to get to the information. Information can be accessed in so many different ways, it's confusing to find what is most efficient. Personally, I think two options is a reasonable approach. It seems like we're always finding new ways to get to the same information, as opposed to it being streamlined. I don't like all the options - we have been using ADP for almost a year now and I STILL do not know how to find certain information. 2. I am an administrator and have access to an entire team (300+ employees) information. Our employer thought that ADP would work to streamline things and make accessing their information easier. Unfortuantely, I have to go through many windows and "filters" to find the information I'm looking for. 3. There are ghosts in the system that we have not been able to determine why they keep happening. For example, we have several employees we keep entering schedules for, and despite saving them, entering them through different administrators, those employees schedules WILL NOT save. 4. This system's effectiveness is largely reliant upon a company's own data entry procedures. Someone, somewhere, is entering my team's information incorrectly. As a result, I will randomly come across employees who have been misentered into the system and our IT department has to resolve.

Hi Abby, I'm sorry to hear about your experience using the technology. I would be happy to connect with you an ADP payroll representative who can meet with you to improve the experience. Please contact me at will.blalock@adp.com

Replied January 2019

Samridh

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Easy to Use and Easy to Manage

PROS

Our company transitioned to ADP 3 years ago and in the past three years I have really grown to like ADP. - Easy to manage my PTO and see balances I can easily log into ADP and see how much balance is left. Previously I had to wait for my paycheck to look at it and keep note of it. Otherwise everything was stored on the SAP system and SAP codes were too hard to remember. I like the online platform a lot better with ADP. Apply for PTO is also a piece of cake. Simply choose the date (calendar is shown on right) and submit the hours. - Notifications ADP is really good about notifying the user if there is any mails waiting in the inbox. Any approvals or disapprovals, documents and announcements on ADP gets sent straight to my work email and it helps me to remember that I should go and check it out. - Everything in one place All my Paychecks, Tax Documents, Health and Dental Benefits, Policies etc are on one spot. They are all properly placed under specific tabs so after some clicking around I was able to easily get to the page I needed too. I also like that I can download my information and documents in a pdf format and store it computer for later access. I no longer have to email HR and ask for my tax document if I lost it or ask what is the health/dental plan i enrolled in. Even enrolling or changing the benefits plan is super easy and it is all done inside the ADP at the beginning of each year.

CONS

- Outdated look I think ADP could enhance their website a bit more than what it is. I do like their simplicity however more helpful links in the front page would be nice so that I do not have to click through 3 pages to submit a PTO. - More details needed I would prefer each page to have some details on what this page is for and how it can be used. Some sort of front page explanation would be nice. The first few months I emailed my HR every single time to figure out how to do the simplest of things - Update takes time When there is an updated I have notice some delays. Whether it be on my PTO approval or my salary increase. The system updates takes the longest.

Cyndi

Information Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2019

WFN Review

I have been expanding the functions within WFN - we added time and attendance this year and plan on using other feature to help us grow and scale our payroll. I find as the complexities of our payroll increases, WFN can handle and grow with us.

PROS

The flexibility it provides. Depending upon the company's complexities - you can use as little or as much as you need from the system. It integrates with other systems too (Workday, etc) to help automate processes.

CONS

It is a difficult to have multiple payroll runs at the same time. When you are in a public company with stock and regular payroll runs on the same day - the system can do it - but it is not easy to flow between the two payroll runs.

Management decision.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

I was not part of that decision.

Deborah