ADP Workforce Now Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"This software is designed with security and ease of use as top priority. It allows users to be confident with important Online information and simple log in procedures."
  • icon"I liked how easy it was to navigate this program and how simple it was. Whether you are tech savvy or not this thing is amazing."
  • icon"This is great for HR items as everything is on one place from commuter benefits to pay - and customer service is amazing."
  • icon"If you switch between this and the other software ADP provides its is very confusing as both of the login platforms are extremely similar and confusing to employees."
  • icon"The design of this product seems pretty lackluster. By nature this is a boring product but it’s ugly to look at."
  • icon"I've had one or two problems with logging in over time, and once had a problem with resetting my password for some reason. That were the only 2 issues I've had when accessing WorkforceNow."

Have you used ADP Workforce Now and would like to share your experience with others?

All ADP Workforce Now Reviews

1-25 of 6,091 Reviews

Erica

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

It has been amazing.

Rashid

ADP Work Force Now Review

I had a great experience using the software it gives a wholistic view of where your paycheck goes!

Pros

ADP Workforce now is an extremely user friendly software that enables clients to accurately keep track of their paychecks in digital form. The software keeps track of tax, deductions and retirement contributions and presents them in an easy to understand visual format. You are also able to change information related to your deductibles etc. from the online platform

Cons

Despite the great features it can be difficult to find what you are looking for in this software. Someone new to this software will feel somewhat overwhelmed by the many drop down menus presented on the home screen. This software is also one of the more pricey options available on the market.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

We had some issues with tax forms using Paychex

ADP workforce Now

I am using ADP workforce Now tool since 2+ years. It is a complete package tool for time management and payroll, earlier we used to maintain the excel sheet for attendance but that manual work is replaced by this tool, you can the remaining leaves in the portal, can update or delete the attendance if marked wrong. The best thing which I liked is you can see all the payslips at single location no need to search here and there.I can access the ADP workforce through phone as well as through laptop.It is very simple and easy to understand & use.I like the robust feel of application, I think it has everything what I need.

Pros

ADP workforce now, is best for employees as well as employers, employee can mark their daily attendance, PTO's, overtime, different type of leaves, half day etc in ADP. Apart from attendance employee can their payslip in ADP workforce, do the declarations of investments, can see the tax regime and tax deducted. ADP workforce allow users to download the payslips as well as compare the payslips with previous month's .it is well developed platform.

Cons

To be very honest, most of the time I face glitches in ADP workforce tool, sometimes it shows error for me but not for my colleagues that is really strange.Also if you marked the attendance from time card and if you want to remove it, it's not easy ADP will give you an error for 1 or 2 times and later allows you to delete.The hold on customer service for a small issue is also sometimes frustrating for me.

Devin

ADP gets you by

Not good on a numerous of levels. from using the system to the customer service - all of it is subpar.

Pros

The product is easy to use and works great with basic functions such as clocking in and out.

Cons

There are many Cons that we have experienced since going live with ADP. Reporting/data analytics is subpar. When raising concerns/issues with the system, you must have rock solid proof of the issue or ADP will blame it on user error everytime. ADP system glitches alot causing many primary users to have to clear browser history/cookies more than 3 times a day. Each day there is something going wrong somewhere and you never really get a resolution, just a temporary workaround that becomes permanent to get your job done effectively, efficiently, and on time.

Kate

August 2022

Setup for the system is long and tedious, support is better than other providers

It works fine, but is not as user friendly as other platforms we have used in the past.

Pros

I am always able to get a support person on the phone, it may mean staying on hold for up to 30-45 minutes, but I am able to speak to a live person and have my concern resolved on the call.

Cons

The setup for this program was long and tedious. We were transferring from a different HR platform that had a really easy setup. It took us 4 months to get everything up and running. There was a different person assigned to each feature/function of the platform. Communication was not great during the setup process.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

Support at Zenefits was lacking. I could never get a rep on the phone or through chat, and it would take days or weeks for emails to be responded to.

Mansur

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Anywhere with ADP Workforce Now

Pros

I can see the payrolls of the employees thanks to a good interface. I can track and customize.

Cons

It is absolutely necessary to use it, except that it is difficult to install.

Launa

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

October 2022

ADP Workforce Now for Staffing & Recruitment

Pros

ADP allows for an easily accessible and navigation of applications, hiring, payroll, and most HR services with ease in an uncomplicated platform. Our candidates and employees can easily access their accounts to self serve as well.

Cons

The only thing that I have found that is lacking with ADP is the lagging of customer support. We have waited days to weeks for answers for critical troubleshooting issues.

October 2022

Best human resource tool

Great and innovative HR solution

Pros

Workforce management, Reporting and Analytics

Cons

User interface feature and the user security

Excellent workforce management

Cristiano

December 2021

Custom solution to fit any business size/type.

We switched from Paychex to ADP as we outgrew the Paychex platform. Happy with the switch, despite the occasional headache.

Pros

I like that ADP gives you complete control over all aspects of HR & Payroll within workforce now.

Cons

Because it is so customizeable, there can be issues getting feaetures working or fixed. Also, the sales and implementation team are hard to get ahold of once paperwork is finalized. They seem to disappear and work on their own schedule without feedback, regular updates on progress, etc.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

Paychex was more "on rails" and didn't allow some customization that we needed. Also, their time & attendance app was terrible. I spent more time fixing time clocks than anything else.

Irene

December 2021

ADP Workforce Now - not just for payroll anymore

The need for staff to go to their supervisor to get their PTO balance has been eliminated with the use of the self service portal. the staff feels more empowered to take control of their profiles with any updates they need to make.

Pros

We have changed finance managers 4 times in the last 5 years. For the periods of time that we had no finance manager, I was the person tasked with all things HR and payroll related. Let me tell you, this is outside of my normal workflow but I had to get my people paid. The software is straight forward, click and go, easy to use. Even for those of us that are not payroll or HR professionals. With the COVID hit, there was an added layer of complexity to entering payroll for those out sick. The ADP team did a wonderful job on providing resources and updating those resources often. there is online learning, on demand learning and always a friendly calm voice on the other end of the phone when a would frantically call for help. It's not just the software, it's the people behind it that make it all work smoothly. Tracking PTO is also a HUGE benefit to our employees. the days of " how much time off do I have ? " are long gone. We have encouraged all of our employees to use the self service portal for any changes to their profile thus cutting down on internal paperwork and the need for data entry. It's been a game changer for us.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything that I would change about it. The communication via email is amazing and I always know what is going on with my processes.

Reasons for choosing ADP Workforce Now

ADP fulfilled more of the needs of the business.

Carmel

Very Easy to User Management System for Benefits & Payroll!

Overall ADP Workforce has been an instrumental tool in helping me stay in compliance with my business and also to keep my business records up to date! Extremely please with the software!

Pros

I love the fact even for single user business it is very innovative software that really streamlines my payroll needs. The support team is outstanding if I run into any issues I can always count on them for help! I also love the fact that I can manage my account remotely from my cell phone!

Cons

The price is rather high but I guess it comes with perks. ADP Workforce offers so many other features that is not available in other payroll software programs. I love the reporting features which helps me stay on top of my business.

Reasons for choosing ADP Workforce Now

The support team was amazing! The features in the product match my business needs better!

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

The software with Quickbooks was very complicated and hard to follow.

Samridh

Easy to Use and Easy to Manage

Pros

Our company transitioned to ADP 3 years ago and in the past three years I have really grown to like ADP. - Easy to manage my PTO and see balances I can easily log into ADP and see how much balance is left. Previously I had to wait for my paycheck to look at it and keep note of it. Otherwise everything was stored on the SAP system and SAP codes were too hard to remember. I like the online platform a lot better with ADP. Apply for PTO is also a piece of cake. Simply choose the date (calendar is shown on right) and submit the hours. - Notifications ADP is really good about notifying the user if there is any mails waiting in the inbox. Any approvals or disapprovals, documents and announcements on ADP gets sent straight to my work email and it helps me to remember that I should go and check it out. - Everything in one place All my Paychecks, Tax Documents, Health and Dental Benefits, Policies etc are on one spot. They are all properly placed under specific tabs so after some clicking around I was able to easily get to the page I needed too. I also like that I can download my information and documents in a pdf format and store it computer for later access. I no longer have to email HR and ask for my tax document if I lost it or ask what is the health/dental plan i enrolled in. Even enrolling or changing the benefits plan is super easy and it is all done inside the ADP at the beginning of each year.

Cons

- Outdated look I think ADP could enhance their website a bit more than what it is. I do like their simplicity however more helpful links in the front page would be nice so that I do not have to click through 3 pages to submit a PTO. - More details needed I would prefer each page to have some details on what this page is for and how it can be used. Some sort of front page explanation would be nice. The first few months I emailed my HR every single time to figure out how to do the simplest of things - Update takes time When there is an updated I have notice some delays. Whether it be on my PTO approval or my salary increase. The system updates takes the longest.

Overall the different components of the system work well together and are easy to use.

The system has easy to track timesheets, both the hours and the supervisor and employee approvals. This is important as a Government Contractor. Having a system that works as smoothly as this makes growing as a company much easier and limits the amount of staff that we have to hire to process the payroll and the HR functions. Having a customer support team for payroll questions and reporting questions helps greatly. I have always found ADP's reporting support staff the most knowledgeable about their department and have always given me great help.

Pros

The reporting system is is easier to use than other systems I have used in the past. Also, I like how the HR functions, employee service items, the payroll system, and the timesheet system flow well together. The reporting system makes it easy to run reports over several companies, for several years, and for active and terminated employees. I've used other popular payroll processors software which limited the reports to only 1 year at a time. I like how easy it is for employees to access their paystubs, access past w-2s, and make changes to some of their information. Having the view available for pay stubs and w-2s has cut down on phone calls. The payroll system is very easy to use. Recent upgrades have placed fields in a better arrangement for viewing several fields of an employee record at the same time. I find the timesheet system mostly easy to use for our employees.

Cons

There are too many, too frequent upgrades. I've experienced reports losing formatting during the upgrade and have to repair them or reach out to ADP to repair them. Also, there have been several periods of downtime hours this year where the system has crashed and almost all of these are following an upgrade. The security portion of the system can be a bit tricky and not very user friendly, although, some improvements have been made in recent upgrades. Also, the phone app for the timesheet system is a bit lacking in functionality, although, this too has seen some recent upgrades.

Shikha

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

ADP Workforce Now-Most used and advanced Human Capital Management Solutions

Our company’s overall experience has been extremely good except for the customer service part, which has now improved as compared to earlier. We have no plans to move to any other software since our entire team is very well versed with this software.

Pros

ADP Workforce Now is a wholesome web-based human resource capital management system designed to assist and automate company’s HR processes including payroll management, benefits, time and labor management, compliance etc. This tool also provides the API, which facilitates the smooth integration with other HR business application including any internal software that you may have. We have been using this software for almost 5 years now and the experience has been amazing. The entire application is user friendly and easy to manage with a supportive customer service. It also facilitates our employees to register into the system whose paycheck has been processed once and they can view their paystubs online, which reduces our burden of sending the paystubs separately. The entire process of payroll including the tax processing, sick time filing (if applicable), PTO management etc. is simplified through this application. The benefit enrolment/waiving process is also easier with all the documents placed under different sections of the consultant’s file.

Cons

The customer support team is cooperative but getting answers from them could be tedious. You have to be on call for almost 15-20 minutes before you could hear a human voice. The response time over emails is not so fast as well. It may take from 4-5 hours to a day to get an answer sometimes.

Virginia

ADP Workforce Now Pros and Cons

ADP Workforce Now has been a great learning experience. I love how easy it is to reset users log in information from the administration side and how ADP recognizes users based off personal information. This comes in handy when needing to pull historical payroll data.

Pros

ADP is very easy to use and I love how they have a built in training platform that can train you as you use the system. There are little information bubbles that you can hover over that will give you insights to the features and updates as they are release. ADP is expanding who they will integrate with which is wonderful because you can have several other systems integrated to the payroll system which makes for seamless processes. I really enjoy using ADP Workforce Now, it's very easy to use, pull reports, and run payroll. The system is very intelligent and won't allow you to hire individuals with the same personal information, which is very important for auditing purposes. Overall, great system to use.

Cons

The three cons I have about ADP Workforce Now is the reporting is difficult to use if you don't know what exactly you need when pulling data. The support team is very slow and sometimes too busy to prioritize your issues if you're a smaller organization vs. a larger organization. The last con is that the system is not customizable, so if you need a form or process customized to fit your company's needs, I would suggest a different system that is more customizable.

Cost and ease of use