All RUN Powered by ADP Reviews

Grayson

Restaurants

Reviewed July 2018

Do you have to pay taxes on payroll? Do you like doing math? Just use ADP.

Peace of mind knowing that I am not making a mistake that puts me in a bad position with the IRS.

PROS

They provide a lot more than just payroll processing. That's the meat and potatoes of it but they also now have the option to use zip recruiter for your hiring needs. That's a big asset. And, they have a great HR portal. You have access to just about every document and standard possible with a simple search or catalog inquiry. I'm a big fan of one stop shop ideas and this is becoming that. They have it easy to track paychecks, employee's files, reconcile past pay periods, pay taxes on manual checks, etc. And they are a great team for customer service. I've never had a bad experience with them. Oh, and they are adding in a scheduling option to schedule you staff and track their clock in/out times with GPS.

CONS

Cost. It's always the cost. But, convenience comes at a price. This is no small fee service. If you have a small staff and don't mind doing the math you can probably just use QuickBooks. But ADP Run makes it really, really easy to pay your team.

Roxanne

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Doing payroll in ADP in VERY easy!

Since I didn't do payroll before I started working at my current position, I feel that it is fairly easy to use. If I can learn to use it, anyone can.

PROS

I like the ease of running all of the reports and that most of the ones you need are listed as standard reports. They also prepared PPP loan reports as standard reports to make your life easier.

CONS

I don't like that when you have to divide salary employees into different accounts that it only keeps the first amount you put in. You have to manually add the other amounts every time.

Reason for choosing RUN Powered by ADP

They came in at an inexpensive rate and we could choice to just get the portion to run payroll.

Reasons for switching to RUN Powered by ADP

We switched because we decided that we didn't want to be a part of their employee base. And the cost of their 401K plan was very expensive.

Roxanne, We thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP? and couldn't be happier to hear that our product delivers for you. Adding value through our services and giving you time back into your day through our products is truly what we strive for and we are pleased to hear that has been the experience for you. -Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Replied May 2021

Russell

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Stale product, but flexible payroll processing

It is a competent system as long as you only need to access it from a desktop browser. The pricing is “OK” for wholesale clients with more than 5 employees.

PROS

It is very easy to make on the fly adjustments to paychecks, such as overriding the amount of withholding, recording an advance repayment, etc. Overall the system is easy to use. The payroll for my accounting firm is free, which is appreciated.

CONS

In 2022 one STILL cannot access the Run Oayroll website from a mobile phone. This is inexcusable and something I have been asking them to correct for more than 15 years. The site automatically redirects to the mobile app, which still, after 15 years, can’t be used for wholesale accounts like mine. It is beyond aggravating.

Reason for choosing RUN Powered by ADP

Gusto makes it nearly impossible to change paychecks on the fly.

Russell, We thank you for your feedback of RUN Powered by ADP® and are glad to hear you find ease of use and flexibility with your payroll. Your feedback regarding mobile access has been passed along to our Product Team for review. We value your partnership on your payroll and HCM needs. -Your RUN Powered by ADP Team

Replied June 2022

Cleo

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Great payroll platform!

Overall, my experience with RUN Powered by ADP has been great. They provide good customer service support, especially if you use the Workers' Compensation services.

PROS

I've been using ADP for more than two years now. We switched to ADP from Paychex, and I can say it was a smart decision. RUN Powered by ADP is friendly to use. The onboarding process is quick and easy, and the payroll processing feature is complete.

CONS

The only thing that I believe ADP could improve is its pricing for extra features. The basic bundle is complete, but if you want to add features (i.e. child support options for employees) you have to switch to higher bundles.

Reason for choosing RUN Powered by ADP

ADP is friendlier and easier to use on a daily basis. Also, it is less expensive.

Reasons for switching to RUN Powered by ADP

Cleo, We are thrilled to hear of your positive experience beginning at on boarding and on to running payroll with ease! We value your partnership and appreciate your feedback. -Your RUN? Service Team

Replied August 2020

Melissa

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Our All Around Payroll Solution!

Overall, ADP is the perfect fit for our catering company. It provides us with exactly what we need for payroll processing as well as the added bonus of convenient communication with employees. Not to mention their lighting fast, secure delivery of our payroll checks overnight to our door step.

PROS

I really enjoy the multiple options ADP offers for employees. From an administrative side, we have many different positions that incur their own payscale and ADP allows us the flexibility to customize each employees information. With multiple event pay rates available, we can easily choose which rate is appropriate for the shift completed. Setting up employees is beyond easy and we have the ablilty to have W2 employees and 1099 employees separated yet all accessed in one convenient location come payroll time. Editing existing employees is just as easy and setting them up. From an Employee stand point, I receive detailed information from each pay period and I am able to access any of my information, including past pay stubs, at my finger tips with their convenient employee portal.

CONS

The only thing I can say we wish ADP offered was integration with our Catering Software. As convenient as ADP is to us, we still have to pull pay information from another program and enter it into ADP. If ADP integrated with our software, that would eliminate the extra step and help us even more.

Reason for choosing RUN Powered by ADP

We chose ADP over Square due to the added security and because the overall functionality of ADP worked better with our business than Square would have.

Melissa, Thank you for the outstanding feedback on RUN Powered by ADP?! We strive to provide superior tools and support that puts time back into your day so you can focus on what matters most -- your business. We appreciate your recommendation and your valuable insights! - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Replied August 2019

Edgar

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

NO COMUNICATION, DISRESPECTFUL

PROS

nothing!! i suggest to run away from adp asap!! no customer support at all.

CONS

they Dont comunicate with customers, the have a sales team that wont reply to emails or take for ever to reach back about key problems or issues, i was a customer for adp in the roll, platform and was changing to run from adp, all of sudden my account was terminated with no explanation what so ever, for a whole week i was trying to reach support to see where my account was, they never gave me answers nothing, that is was in implementation, reach out to that department and they said it was terminated because i didnt run payroll!! omg how can we run payroll if we where never notified that it was ready to do so!! no sense then, the only thing they can say am really sorry sir, we are sorry sir, we will have the sales person manager reach out to you then again they never do!!!

Edgar, we apologize for any frustrations you're experiencing with the service, but we're committed to helping you get the most out of RUN. A member of our team will be reaching out to follow up. Your feedback is very important to us here at ADP, so we thank you for the review.   -Your RUN Team

Replied February 2024

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Great payroll solution for small business

PROS

It's fairly easy to start using. I love that they take over tax filings. It's easy to add a new employee. Customer service is pretty quick to respond by chat or email. It has every feature I need, including customized deductions. Direct deposit is very fast and reliable.

CONS

The user interface is sometimes strange: I want it to adapt better to different size screens. I want to sort employees when running payroll. Sometimes notifications for new services can't be dismissed.

Reasons for switching to RUN Powered by ADP

After using RUN Powered by ADP for a related company, we opted to switch this and another company as well. ADP makes it easy to keep everything organized, especially reports and tax filings.

David, Thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP?. We love hearing that our RUN Powered by ADP? is not only easy and intuitive for you, but that it also provides peace of mind when it comes to taxes and regulatory compliance. We appreciate your feedback and as always we continue to strive to add value to your organization and to add time back into your day through our products and services. - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Replied September 2020

Julie

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2022

ADP Run is user-friendly

My overall experience has been really good. Their customer service has been excellent as well.

PROS

ADP Run is exceptionally easy to use for payroll. The screens are pretty self explanatory and ADP sends you e-mail notices to remind you to post your payroll. The payroll reports that you can generate also integrate easily on other software.

CONS

There is very little that I dislike about this software. The only issue that once you post your payroll, there can be no changes. I wish that there was a 30 minute grace period, but overall, ADP really did think of everything.

Reason for choosing RUN Powered by ADP

It seemed to be the easiest to use, both from a time standpoint and was not too complicated. Also, it featured back-up customer service to help us along the way.

Reasons for switching to RUN Powered by ADP

This gave us a way to do direct deposit and avoid all hand-cut checks.

Joan

Real Estate, 1 employee

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2020

Good software but expensive

Liked it and ADP but the price went up. Interesting that when I requested no increase I got it once but not again. When I said I was going to leave I wasn’t offered anything to keep my account. Months later I got calls and a million emails offering me months for free and no W2 charges. I would have stayed since I liked the product and the company and would have liked not to go through the pain of a change.

PROS

Easygoing use. Reports very good.access. ADP provides lots of HR info.

CONS

It is quite easy to use. The reports are well designed and easy toI asked about no increase I got it once but not again. When I said I was going to leakreques

Reason for choosing RUN Powered by ADP

They gave us a good offer and the change was seamless

Joan, Thank you for your feedback on RUN Powered by ADP?! We are happy to hear that RUN? provided you with features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient, allowing you more time to focus on your small business. We appreciate your feedback and our RUN? Service Team would love the opportunity to discuss your experience with you. We hope to partner with you again on your payroll and human capital management needs. - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Replied July 2020

Beryl

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Great Customer Support

Overall my experience with Run by ADP has been very positive. I will continue to use this software and will recommend to other business associates.

PROS

The best part about Run by ADP is the customer support. They are available and have short wait times to speak with someone. They are super helpful and take the time to walk me through the software functionality. Additionally the software is relatively user friendly and simple to deploy. It makes payroll so simple!

CONS

There isn't anything that I don't like about the software. It has the features and functions that I look for in a payroll processing system.

Reason for choosing RUN Powered by ADP

I picked ADP because of the customer service and the features and benefits.

Dawn

Performing Arts, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Expensive but good

Overall satisfied with ADP, but switching to another provider that has a better timekeeping tool to save me ttime and money.

PROS

Easy to use and get up to speed. Simple and easy to run payroll. Love that the system reminds you when you need to run payroll. Support is also good when needed. Most questions are answered quickly. Love not having to worry about filing payroll taxes, etc. ADP does all this for you which saves a small business owner lots of time that would spent on these things.

CONS

Timekeeping app was not great and expensive compared to other payroll providers. The integration with QuickBooks is clunky and makes it hard to categorize payroll the way we need to track it for costs.

Reasons for switching to RUN Powered by ADP

ADP is a more reliable company and offered better pricing at the time.

Amanda

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Easy Management

Over all its a great system that is easy to operate on a day to day basis and to stay complain with needed paperwork.

PROS

I love the HR, Payroll features the most. I also love that you can start an employee and have them update any need information remotely.

CONS

The reports can be a lot to take in and we have to add 2 payroll reports together when we do quarterly reports as some are from the previous year.

Reason for choosing RUN Powered by ADP

The option and over all run of the site is why we switched.

Reasons for switching to RUN Powered by ADP

The switch was made as ADP offered more options for the money at the time of the switch.

Jillian

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Run Powered By ADP Is So Easy To Use!

I save so much more time using RUN by ADP for payroll and employee management. It takes a lot off of my plate and the fact that I can access it from anywhere is a wonderful bonus. The app works so well on my phone that I've processed payroll while out of town many times with no trouble at all. Payroll should be quick, simple, accessible and ADP RUN delivers on all of those needs.

PROS

The ADP Run payroll platform has been making my life as an office manager easier since 2011. I recommend it to anyone asking about payroll platforms and I hope my office never changes. There are so many behind the scenes things that RUN does for you, like the pesky calculations to see which part-time employees qualify as full-time and have to be counted for the ACA insurance requirements. Done! ADP does that time equivalency for you! State new-hire reporting? ADP does that for you too. Entering employees and processing payroll is a breeze! The payroll reports are thorough and the W-2 processing and mailing is all done by them as well. If you haven't used ADP before then do yourself a favor and call them, you won't regret it.

CONS

My main complaint would be on the employee side of the software. Employees can access their paycheck stubs through a platform called Employee Access. I like that it's available and I can manage it on the RUN side but sometimes the website is buggy. The employees say the app on their phones works better than the website. So you will have to reset passwords at times. I hope ADP addresses the glitches with that website.

Reasons for switching to RUN Powered by ADP

It was more complicated to use and restrictive on accessibility, plus it didn't provide any employee management or filings of any kind. It was basic, just a way to deposit paychecks into employee accounts.

Jillian, Thank you for your feedback on RUN Powered by ADP?! We are happy to hear that RUN? offers you features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient, especially when on the go! I have passed along your product feedback in regards to Employee Access, would like to hear more detail on the website issues your employees experienced. We value your long standing relationship and appreciate you taking the time to provide these insights on your experience! - Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Replied December 2019

Yanek

Management Consulting, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2022

Fully Featured But....

RUN is mostly fine and gets the job done. It can be improved by allowing more self-service options for adjusting payroll. Also, they do not offer a service to mail 1099 forms to contractors individually. They mail the forms to the business owner and expect them to mail it individually. This seems to be something they should offer pretty easily.

PROS

The service technically has everything you need to run payroll pretty easily on a regular basis. You can pay both w2 employees and contractors with a few clicks.

CONS

To edit a payroll that has been submitted but not yet processed, you literally need to call ADP customer support. There is no way to adjust payroll once it has been submitted on a self serve basis. This is very annoying. Also, the reporting isnt as intuitive as it should be. They mostly want you to use their canned reporting. They do not offer the option to mail 1099 forms to your contractors indiivudally.

Reason for choosing RUN Powered by ADP

Promotional pricing for my clients

Great promotional pricing

Yanek, Laurie, Thank you for taking the time to post this review of RUN Powered by ADP®. How wonderful to hear that RUN® provides you with the information and access you require at your fingertips and top notch customer service, empowering you to focus on your business! We hear your feedback on self service functionality and reporting and have passed this along to our Product Team. We appreciate your valuable insights! -Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

Replied January 2022

Juanita

Law Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Great product with inconsistent customer service

I have not found a better more affordable option. It does everything I need it to do and requires very little effort on my end. I appreciate that it just requires me to tap a few buttons to rub my payroll. I need something that is quick and easy.

PROS

The website and mobile app are very easy to use. Being able to run payroll on the go is very helpful but you can’t add an employee from the mobile app.

CONS

I hate that I can’t add an employee from the app. It has made it difficult sometimes. I also despise the long wait times for customer service. They have a call back option that they say you won’t lose your spot using but it generally takes hours to get a call back. That’s an absurd amount of time.I also hate the nonstop sales calls. I had to threaten to close all my accounts to get the calls to stop. The timekeeping with adp run was a nightmare. If there are any errors it causes issues with running payroll from the app.

Reason for choosing RUN Powered by ADP

Ease of use and the app functionality.

Juanita, We are happy to hear that overall you find ease of use and helpful functionality within RUN Powered by ADP®. We appreciate your feedback on the Mobile app and wait times and have passed this along for review. Your feedback is very important to us here at ADP so we thank you for the review. - Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

Replied February 2022

Tom

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Run ADP - Payroll Review

PROS

Worked consistently. Very low downtime. Transactions and reporting were smooth and convenient/

CONS

The customer support for worker’s compensation, 401k, and payroll issues was less than stellar. Wait times from hours to days were common. Workers comp support was horrendous.

Reason for choosing RUN Powered by ADP

Past history of success with ADP products.

Anang

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Glad we went back to ADP

Very positive experience - from product functionality to customer support

PROS

ADP works as advertised. Payroll is easy to run, reports are bundled and stored online for easy access. We really love the Employee on-boarding self service feature as it saves us a lot of time and helps minimize errors.

CONS

Not much to dislike - We want to use the HR module but due to cost issues, we will hold off on that. I had the trial run and really liked the Doc Vault features.

Reasons for switching to RUN Powered by ADP

Wanted a product that worked as advertised

Anang, We couldn't be happier to welcome you back to ADP and we are thrilled you have been finding value in our products and services. We value your partnership on your payroll and HCM needs. Our Service Team would love the opportunity to discuss your interest in additional HR features, we look forward to hearing from you! Sincerely, Your RUN? Service Team

Replied October 2020