• Pros

• "This software is very user friendly and easy to use. "

• "I can use ADP from my phone. I am able to clock in, view my hours and see my pay without anywhere and anytime. It's very convenient."

• "We use ADP throughout the day every day and I have had nothing but great experiences with it; very easy to use and navigate."

• Cons

• "sometimes it is not clear where to find the reports I am looking for.. sometimes it gets a little frustrating but I usually can figure it out. "

• "Every once in a while things would not load for me or show time/amount/PTO. Other than those things good."

• "The only real complaint I have is the time it takes to complete certain tasks. I would rather it be careful and thorough but sometimes it can be time consuming"

Browse ADP TotalSource Reviews

Chasity from Pomerado Oral Surgery

Best Decision Ever

Easy access to all my HR, Payroll and benefits information at a click of a button. I would highly recommend this software for busy office administrators to simplify day to day tasks. I like knowing that I can access the software remotely when I am traveling and I get the same information as I would if I used it in the office. The accessibility is one of the best things this software has to offer.

Pros

The software is easy to use and makes things so much more simple in day to day operations. I find it more user friendly then the competitors software I have used in the past.

Marisol from Innovative Fabrication School

ADP TotalSource - One stop shop!

Overall, I am highly satisfied with the product and all the features that are available to use.

Pros

I love the fact that all my HR and payroll items are consolidated with one system. I enjoy all the HR features that ADP offers and have used them quite a bit when I come across HR issues!

Cons

I would love to see improvements in ease of use when running reports. I've used ADP Run in the past and loved how easy payroll reports were ran there.

Reasons for Choosing ADP TotalSource

all aspects I was looking for were consolidated into one company.

Nick from UpShift Creative Group

Industry: Graphic Design

Run Away, Don't Walk

Terrible. Full of promises that were never acted on. A "dedicated" team that never responds. Look elsewhere, immediately. We tried giving them numerous chances, numerous, for very simple things that were promised. None are fixed. Even their 24/7 support line takes 6 days to respond.

Pros

PTO tracking was pretty good. And good healthcare rates. They consulted when we had an issue with a bad employee. That's about it.

Cons

Everything. The system is full of bugs and errors. Running payroll takes about 30 steps. The support team, when actually available which wasn't often, never had answers. We have gone over a year and still have not had a simple employee manual, which was promised the first month. They knew we had employees in California since the beginning, and our dedicated Payroll support person said 1 year later, I didn't know you had employees in CA when we asked why it wasn't available in a dropdown. Our HR support person rarely responds to emails. We keep getting late notices for non-payment from the unemployment services office (which ADP is supposed to pay on time). Employees pay was randomly changed without our notice. The benefits selection process for our employees was a joke—numerous broken links in the system. They weren't even provided a simple explanation of benefits for the plan options. I could go on for days and days about the ridiculous number of errors broken promises. Sorry is all we get, with no resolution. Its a lot of money to pay with NO value. Or a "that's an upgraded feature" despite it being promised by our sales team. The only services that work are the 3rd party solutions they use (which are a lot).

Tony from North Queens Surgical Center

ADP TotalSource

Very good experience. Very useful software. You can view your profile and activity online and mobile apps.

Pros

It's a very good payroll software. I punched in and out accurately and I could view my time track online.

Cons

I do not have any problem with this software. Very good and useful. I punched in and out on time.

Doug from Solo Products Inc.

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Good details

Received a couple crash courses on where to go to do what, and since then great!

Pros

There is so much information, that you can just navigate around a stumble across great information that is so useful in planning and helping employees. Then to be able to manage from the software, very easy.

Cons

So much details hard to remember where everything is.

Reasons for Choosing ADP TotalSource

Service, sales team, and cost

Heather from Mark Thomas Media

ADP review

Pros

I was the user of ADP for several years at a previous workplace. At one point I was also the administrator of ADP for employees for whom I was the office manager. As a user, it was easy to navigate the program and determine what my pay rate was, how much my paycheck was, what deductions were taken out, how much sick time and vacation time I had, etc. As the administrator, the routine tasks of managing payroll or vacation time were easy enough.

Cons

Communication with the entire staff through the software as well as scheduling features were not up to par.

Laurie from PMA Financial Network

Exceptional Client Services

Outstanding

Pros

Interconnected modules for a robust national infrastructure

Cons

more advanced, proactive communication strategies for shared best practices

Exceptional Client Service

Jennifer from tricenna

The stone age version of ADP

Pros

I can't say anything positive about this software. It seems like it hasn't been updated in awhile.

Cons

Site is not user-friendly. Also, reports are extremely limited.

Julie from Getac Video Solutions

ADP TotalSource helps us with Payroll and Benefits Administration.

Pros

I like the ease of use. The screens, tabs and lists are easy to navigate and understand.

Cons

It can be a little difficult for employees to navigate at first. There are multiple steps.

Tracey from Vehicel Logistics Solutions

ADP Totalsource is great for small business

Excellent, they are an expert in the PEO field.

Pros

It is very easy to use. Nice interface. Well integrated

Cons

I don't have any cons to date. I have not had any issues

Reasons for Choosing ADP TotalSource

We used ADP Totalsource in the past. We switched to Trinet to save costs, bad move. 1 1/2 years later moved back to ADP

Joilyn from A&M Corson's

Very user friendly, easy to navigate. Reports are great. Current on laws and mandates involving HR

The assurance that I am up on all the laws and mandates involving human resources, that I have handled HR issues appropriately, that my payroll is done correctly with the correct withholdings and my PTO is correctly calculated. I like that I have a plethora of reports at my disposal.

Pros

The ease of use and the fact that I know all my "i's" are dotted and my "t's" are crossed when it comes to Federal and State laws and mandates. Payroll is smooth and easy requiring just a little data entry. The new hire process is quick and easy. I love the Handbook creator and am looking forward to starting the training for our employees. I love that if you are not sure what to do you can click on the training video and take a quick tutorial. I also like that instructions come with most forms so nothing is left out and there is very little room for error. I love my payroll rep and HR business partner. If I have a question, they are always quick with an answer and many times have taken the time to walk me through what to do so I understand the process and learn it.

Cons

I have not quite figured out how to use the performance management section under the HR tab. There are still so many functions that I have not used. It took quite a bit of effort to get our PTO to be calculated and to show up on our employees pay stub.

ADP simplifies my HR

Overall I love the program. It's so convenient and makes it so everything is at my fingertips. Instead of me sending a million emails to human resources or going up to human resources it's all readily available. Let's say it's the weekend and I need a copy of my last two pay stubs. I can just go online and obtain them with only a few clicks.

Pros

I like the fact that this software makes things easy to change. It's super easy to navigate and if I update my address or if I want to change my benefits it's super easy to use. The greatest thing is that I don't have to bug anyone if I just have a short question about my benefits or my time off. Also, my paystubs are all online and easy to view. The system is so easy to use and the site offers great security if you should lose your password.

Cons

I don't like the fact that all of the options aren't available within the program but I'm not sure if that's something the place of business chooses or if it's something within the software. For example, most people I see can check their paid time off and other things. My version doesn't allow me to click on paid time off, but I think that has to do with how the company sets their program up.

Jennifer from Night lite pediatrics

If your looking for a complete Payroll option, This is it!

ADP also allows employees to request time off, and employers to approve or decline. Highly recommend for small and large companies.

Pros

The designers of ADP knew what they were doing when they created it! ADP has everything an employer needs in a payroll company. Clocking in and out is SUPER simple and creates no hassle! As an employer you are able to do full employee evaluations, as well as allow them to self evaluate! You can also assign employees to review each other which is a great option. The best feature of ADP is that employees has access to their employee profile allowing them to see their pay rate, date of hire, view and print out pay stubs, etc which is easier than having to go through an HR department.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about ADP.

Jesse from Green Door Apartments

5 Stars All Around

Regardless of the con listed above, this was an outlying issue, and the overall quality and customer service of this organization has been amazing.

Pros

There are too many pros to write about here. From being able to print off past statements, to being able to view current and past benefits this is an amazing program. The customer service has always been amazing to work with.

Cons

The only issue that I have ever had with them was trying to get a tax issue on my paycheck resolved, there was a lack of communication on the part of customer service, and it took much too long to get the issue resolved.

Pascale from Quorum Review IRB

Very easy to use

Pros

Cons

Just today, actually, I was signed in and then had to restart my computer. When I opened up a new web browser to restart ADP, it kept telling me that I had it open in another screen. ...which I didn't so that was weird.

Response from Automatic Data Processing

Replied May 2018

Pascale, Thanks so much for your review! We are pleased to see that ADP TotalSource ranks as a 5-Star product for you. As for that strange one-time web browser glitch, we agree, that is odd. Please know that this review has been passed along to our TotalSource software team so they are aware of this. Thank you again for taking time out from supporting your clients to submit this review. We look forward to continuing to offer stellar service to Quorum Review IRB!

Tiffany from Midlands Carrier Transicold

User Friendly Human Resources Tool!

We use ADP Total Source to keep track of all of our human resources needs.

Pros

ADP Total Source is really easy to use. I am able to quickly and easily manage my employees timecards and yearly reviews and it takes all of the guess work out of the process for me. I love that it alerts me if something doesn't look right or when things are changed or become due.

Cons

There are still a lot of functions that are available that I do not know how to use. The scheduling part is a little confusing so I don't use it.

Helen from R.F. Technologies, Inc.

Industry: Wireless

This software lets you do so many things

The ease of turning in payroll whenever I am ready without having to make phone calls to do so. Reports at my fingertips, ease of setting up employees, etc.

Pros

Love the ease of putting in payroll, new employees, updating employees, getting reports, terminating employees, etc. Really quick and easy.

Cons

There isn't anything we just don't like about this software. Do wish you could use your right/left arrow keys when inputting payroll. It would save a lot of time. You can use the up/down arrow keys, but not the right/left.

A HR Generalists Dream

I was with the company when we made the transition over ADP and it was a huge change but it made normal day to day tasks easier and especially helped with time off/ vacation pay, and benefit compliance.

Pros

I loved being able to keep track of all my employee payroll, time off, benefits and calendars in one place. I had been working with a much simpler software system before we made the transition and it was honestly like night and day. We had an issue with not being able to completely track employee time off so some employees were taking more vacation time than they had earned and with ADP it was so much easier to track all employee hours.

Victoria from Gomez Trial Attorneys

Industry: Law Practice

I needed to change the archaic payroll system that was here before me.

Pros

I mostly like how easy and simple the software is to use. It also gives your employees a lot of control where it would just be time consuming for you, such as their personal information. Employees can update their tax info, direct deposit, request time off, and do all their time clocking. It makes it for a more hands off experience for HR so they can focus on bigger and more important things.

Cons

Sometimes there are items you can not change without ADP's assistance, that puts a delay on certain items. Also, some items work off of pay periods, so to remove an employee I have needed to wait one-two pay periods.

Stacey from EdjAnalytics

Industry: Information Services

Does the Job

This HRIS system helps with many compliance efforts and works much better if you have a solid on boarding and transition experience.

Pros

It handles many traditional HRIS functions and also stores employee documents. Benefit enrollments and changes are handled completely by ADP. Minimizes the amount of paperwork needed for new hires. Has reporting features that can connect to existing accounting software.

Cons

The look is a bit clunky. It can be very difficult to navigate at times and finding features not regularly used can be very difficult. Lags behind in customization especially around creating documents that require initials, signatures and so forth. ADP is very large and you can easily get lost among the masses and be transferred many times, even when you have a designated rep.

Michael from Global Connection Inc.

Pros

What do you like most about this software? Ease of use and the fact that ADP has been excellent to work with from implementation to daily HR and Payroll.

Cons

What do you like least about this software? It would be nice to have an automated benefit renewal web application where the employer can instantly visually see the impact of any substitute health plan on the company and each employee..

Shannon from Virginia Veterinary Specialists

Industry: Veterinary

I think overall it is a good investment for the company. Even though it does seem expensive.

The ability to keep all of my employee information in one place.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use and the availability of information. Information on compensation is available to determine the cost of an employee and to relay that to them. There is also historical data on salary that is helpful to have electronically.

Cons

The customer support seems as if they have too much on their plate. Possibly that they have been given more than they are feasibly able to do.

Versatile and Easy to use

I am able to not only clock in and out, but can access pay stubs, estimate pay, complete reviews, update insurance and personal information and even have access to coupons and discounts.

Pros

I like all of the feature that are available for employees in the ADP platform. We are able to complete so many necessary tasks with this platform.

Cons

The software is hard to access from mobile devices. It does not format for mobile viewing and must be used on a desktop/laptop for best viewing.

Sandy from Corum Real Estate Group

Great for Administrators

The administrative portal is very thorough. The user portal is not as intuitive, unfortunately.

Pros

There are a lot of features and fantastic in-depth reporting, both standard and customizable. You can use csv files to upload large batches of data, instead of having to do the data entry one by one.

Cons

It can be difficult to find what you're looking for. The redesigned site is definitely an improvement, and there's a bookmark feature to assist with this issue.

Great software!

Overall, I believe it’s a great product. No major issues with it.

Pros

I like the easy of clocking in and out on my cellphone everyday and not being tied down to a computer or an actual time clock.

Cons

The app is a little glitchy and doesn’t work 100% of the time. Sometimes it will clock you in twice right in a row and you have to get it fixed by upper management. Requesting time off is a little hard to understand.

Danielle from Interroll

Industry: Machinery

Love the software but there are issues linking Easy Labor with Total Source

Reporting, easy for employees to use and navigate on

Pros

The software is easy to use and navigate with. The reporting mechanisms are very good and helpful too.

Cons

Hate that Easy Labor and Total Source are separate. Still have issues with the correct accruals showing up consistently in both software packages. The service center is attempting to correct

Linda from C & D Signs, Inc

ADP Total Source has been great for our Company.

Pros

Having our Employees be able to do the paper work online versus doing on paper. The employees have access to their paycheck electronically

Cons

The least thing we like is the internet reports. It is a little time consuming trying to find the report you are looking for however with the more we work with this section it is getting easier

I have been using ADP Totalsource for more than 2 years for all of my employment needs and training.

Convenience more than anything.

Pros

Cons

The software doesn't always pick up my punches so my manager has to manually enter them. if i can't remember the exact time of my punch, I have to guess and I lose time.

Salimah from SAECO

Industry: Civil Engineering

Best HR Service Site

ADP Total Source is pretty great and the support staff is top notch.

Pros

Ease of use. This is one of the best software groups for doing HR/Payroll requirements for a small business. Any questions my employees have I can get it quickly through the site.

Cons

This is a great site. I cant think of any cons. I am glad we chose this site.

Robin from Therapy In Motion

ADP Totalsource is a fantastic service.

Pros

Managing payroll and employees and processing new hires. Totalsource is very user friendly and our employees agree!

Cons

The time software that integrates with Totalsource, EZ Labor. The EZ Labor program does well on capturing the clock-in clock-out times, but requires a lot of batch adjustments after importing into Totalsource.

THERESE from LAW OFFICES OF LUCAS MAGAZINE

I LOVE working with ADP Totalsource. Their site is easy to manage and their service is impeccable.

Ease of use, accuracy, support.

Pros

Very easy to use. Do not need lessons to use and never need to contact support for assistance for every day things. I could probably state that in the time we have been using ADP Totalsource - approximately 6-8 years, I have had to contact support for their program/site less than 10 times.

Ryan from NT Greek Studies

Reliable and Recommended

Pros

ADP is good once you get used to it. Several years ago when we switched from in-house to ADP I admit that I was not immediately pleased, because things worked before. However, after being with ADP and seeing how organized it is, I can recommend it.

Cons

There is nothing negative to say about ADP Total Source.

Throw that Excel spreadsheet away and pick up this

Pros

Before, we were tracking hours by using excel. TotalSource made everything really easy. I am not able to track hours, OT, payroll and benefits.

Cons

I have no real con about this software other than the customer service. It is sometime really hard to get in contact with anyone when help is needed.

Megan from The Citadel Foundation

Easy to use software

It is quick, easy to use, and rarely has system outages.

Pros

Quick, easy to navigate, helpful links to other articles or features. The software is able to redirect if needed to get the answers I am looking for.

Cons

As an administrator , the ireports section isn't as easy to use as the other reports in the reporting section.

Holly from Video Corporation of America

Very happy with ADP

Pros

Easy to navigate and find information. Layout is good. Love that just about everything can be done online with little help from Totalsource team.

Cons

It's not even the software, the only issue is for initial log on, ADP has many user sites. It would be easier if ADP didn't have so many log ins.

Mary from The Intl Assn of Contract & Commercial Mgrs

Overall experience is great

With ADP handling all payroll and benefits I save many, many hours of work. I know the work will be done properly and be kept up with all current regulations.

Pros

Customer support is fabulous. Reps are always able to solve any problems I have save one (see cons). I rest assured knowing that all payroll related tasks are being dealt with properly and in a timely manner.

Cons

Reporting is weak. I am unable to use ireports and have spent a lot of time with ADP technicians trying to get this function to work to no avail. I would like to be able to run simply reports with just the data I need and not have to download tons of data into a spreadsheet and then sort it out.

Rob from City Centre Family Physicians

Once set up very easy to enter data and pull reports

Save time and money by eliminating the hard copy portion of paystubs etc. No longer have to resend T4s due to staff not updating address, as the staff has the capability and responsibility to log on to their own account and download their own information.

Pros

Can create custom reports to meet our company's needs. Saves time and money by eliminating hard copy paystubs - staff has access to view their own information such as paystubs and T4s on line. Help desk is quick to respond. Offers more than just payroll by linking customers to the "Bridge" their HR information site which allows customers to network with other professionals as well as offering a wide range of pertinent HR information.

Cons

Have difficulty issuing ROEs, have had to phone for assistance every time and the ADP support team does not seem to be able to explain how to issue an ROE so that the employee's pay is zeroed out - consistently shows negative pay and requires on of the ADP support persons to make the adjustment.

Cindy from Kool Kar Automotive

ADP

The payroll is always on time and right.

Pros

The payroll program and HR program were great to use. I know the other departments used the accounting part but I did not. It was easy to enter data and easy to run reports.

Cons

It was so much easier than other programs really nothing.

Wallace from MAINGEAR Inc.

You can do better.

We moved over to ADP TotalSource (PEO) from ADP Run and I'll begin my review by saying we're not happy at all. Let's start with the price: ADP TotalSource is very expensive and I can now say the cost does not justify the service received. Service: My sales representative "forgot" to cancel our previous RUN service when she moved us over to TotalSource. Every time we called for live representative, we were never able to get a hold of our "dedicated" representative. I would leave voicemails, but no one checks those. They did call back whenever I followed up with an email. Closing thoughts: Save the headache and find a newer, more up-to-date PEO service provider. We moved over to a much better company and we're happy. In addition to saving about half of what we were paying ADP, we're receiving better service and we're also using a user-friendly online platform.

Pros

There isn't much to like. I guess since this field is a requirement, I'd say they do make sure their platform is compliant.

Cons

The TotalSource online platform is ancient.. it's like as if someone designed it to be not-user-friendly on purpose. In today's day and age, it's expected for a company like ADP to provide a user-friendly experience.

Linda from Trendy Entertainment, Inc.

Industry: Computer Games

One stop shop for payroll, benefits and HR

A complete payroll, benefits and HR system all in one easy to use application.

Pros

Perfect service for our company; offers a breadth of benefits and services our Company could not find on its own as a small employer. Easy to use, amazing customer service and dedicated support people.

Timothy from Fuse Technical Group, LLC

If seen the system evolve, and I see it going in the right direction.

Pros

Adjustments to employee benefits are helpful. I am able to edit employee's payscale, hours worked, and vacation hours.

Cons

Report lookups are slow, and convoluted. It takes a lot of patience to work through the Internet reporting. There needs to be more premade reports to run.

Hema D from SIRI Info Solutions Inc.

WF System help us to drive Smoothly.....

Pros

Costumer Support for all the day today issues... Report Generation for monthly , Quarterly & Annually

Cons

It should be more customized in report generating . Assigning of Account managers to the clients should more Efficient in fixing the issues .

Neutral

It was fine.

Pros

It was easy to navigate. This was used for clocking in and keeping track of taxes days off etc

Cons

Was very hard to backtrack and find tax info from previous years. Kept saying to contact old Company and company was saying contact adp

cindy from Reaction biology

Totalsource

Very expensive a lot more than your quote.

Pros

That it put most things on one platform basic job of tracking logging in and out and employee record keeping.

Cons

Software is outdated not easy to navigate. They promise a you will have so much more time not true. And it doesn't replace a hr manager for sure. You never sure if the answer you get is true. also if you give employees a bonus ADP gets a bonus.

MaryEllen from Saliga Machine Co. Inc.

Overall I am very happy with ADP.

Pros

Most of it is very user friendly. Payroll is very easy to submit and if I have a problem you can always call and speak with someone.

Cons

I really dislike the ireports, not user friendly at all. Have a hard time finding the reports I need.

Nicole from Carling Communications

Easy to Use

Pros

Very user friendly software, great for small businesses. Payroll and HR support are included so you always have someone to call.

Cons

Sometimes the reps who are assigned to you are not responsive. They do not have a great sense of urgency.

Justin from Liberty University

Great functionality & ease of use

Pros

Very easy to see time sheet summary and benefits outstanding. Also easy to add requests for time off and submit corrections

Cons

UI is somewhat dated but this doesn't hamper performance at all. Ease of use is great!

We have been a customer of ADP Total Source for almost 20 years

Pros

Provides us with accurate information. Security is a priority but still user friendly. The information listed on each tab is easy to understand and affords you the opportunity to access more data if necessary.

Jenna from Amick Brown, LLC

ADP TotalSource Review

My overall experience with ADP TotalSource has been painless. It is a great software and service and will continue to use it!

Pros

This software is very user friendly and easy to use.

Cons

There could be some improvements when running reports.

Excellent Service

Pros

The software is very easy to use BUT the service and customer support that assist our account is SUPERB!

Cons

Reporting options and the Ilearn Admin user options could be easier to use.