All ADP Workforce Now Reviews

Jessica

Consumer Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Simple features

overall a good program and super user friendly. I've had people tell me they enjoy this more then the previous program we used.

PROS

easy to use features, end user friendly, creates easy recruitment, great outsourcing amazing appearance

CONS

customer service is a little lag and needs more features that's all the negative I've got on this one

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

they were outdated and used outdated programming didn't fit our current growing needs

Choy

Food Production, 51-200 employees

ADP user friendly

Awesome! I will definately recommed this to my colleague

PROS

Attendance tracking, Pay check tracking and also the benefits tracking

CONS

Sometimes there’s a down time but very minimal

ash

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great Payroll software

PROS

user experience is great, nice and clean, uncluttered.

CONS

could use some more features like other payroll software.

Karly

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2023

ADP Is A Game Changer

I really enjoy using ADP and feel very lucky this is who my company chose to use!

PROS

I think the ease of use and features of ADP are what makes it. Everything you need (Pay roll, time off, attendance, important documents or enrollments, etc.) is all in one easy to use online system.

CONS

At this time, I cannot think of a single thing I dislike about ADP!

Tracey

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Payroll with ease

PROS

Its super easy to clock in, view your timecard, view your employees time card, request time off and so much more! One thing I LOVE is if you have an iPhone you can ask Siri to clock you in!

CONS

So far I have had a great experience using ADP so no cons at this time

Liam

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2019

A Lot of Buck for Little Bang

To piggyback off the last response, the overall experience was quite poor when it came to the actual resource navigation of the site. As I took this role over managing this system, it became apparent that there was a very limited amount of knowledge as to what information this system even held, let alone how to actually access it. To take it one step further, these types of scenarios became more difficult as if there was a situation that hadn't been encountered before, only the administrator was able to handle that particular issue on behalf of the employee. Multiple times when employees attempted to handle benefit package errors/changes and were unable to make any effect. This said, if it were a personal issue, sometimes employees problems would go unresolved in lieu of having to have someone else handle that problem for them through support.

PROS

The software and services that ADP provides are some of the most wide ranging and highly customizable you can find on the market. Being the largest name, they're able to bring in partners quickly and therefore have a good amount of integrations and other employee resources that you won't be offered through smaller providers. For example, the Life Mart package for employee discount programs is easily one of the most missed pieces of our prior platform (wasn't able to find comparable tool at similar price point).

CONS

The navigation and overabundance of links (that generally lead to the same place) make this software very hard to use. On the home screen alone, there were over 30 different options of where you could go from that screen and not a ton of specificity enough to make you confidence that you're even going to the right place. Theres a lack of actual substance that bothers me. Outside of creating reporting based on the information within the system, the system itself is more or less a portal that connects all these other insurance and investment platforms. The system itself doesn't really do as much as you'd expect for what you pay for. If you're a massive organization and have daily applications of the reporting the system generates, I'm sure it would change things a bit but for your typical small company, it's a bit too deep of a package for their to be so little customization.

Reason for choosing ADP Workforce Now

At the time, the name carried a good amount of weight. Not having prior experience utilizing a similar system and bringing ADP on at this time, it provided more confidence on our end to know that we were using the tool that the majority of the industry was using.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

ADP review

PROS

Reporting and portal functionality, ease of use.

CONS

None at this point in time. Implementation was good.

nicole

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Convenient and Accessible

PROS

As an employee ADP makes it super easy for me to track my pay, deductions and tax documents. I love that it is all paperless and in the 8 years I've used it, I've never had a security issue.

CONS

I have no negatives to report to report for ADP

Jae

Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees

Great app!

PROS

Easy to use, and easy to find anything you may be looking for on the app

CONS

Sometimes the app wouldn’t load and I had to reload the app

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Easy to use, all-in-one.

I've used ADP with two employers. Using the mobile app I was able to clock in without being at the office so I could start my day directly with clients. I can find the information I need quickly and take care of what I need to do with no problems.

PROS

I like that I can do everything from fill out my time sheet to getting information about my benefits all in one place. It makes things very simple.

CONS

I actually don't have any significant criticisms of ADP. Everything works fairly smoothly and seamlessly!

Victoria

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Has Potential to be Great, Makes Life Easier

Overall, like I said originally, this system does make life easier despite my many gripes. The user experience needs to be improved, and broken features should have a higher urgency to be fixed. I would recommend the product from a cost perspective if you are in the market for a PEO, but be patient. We considered Ultimate Software but the price was daunting. You get what you pay for.

PROS

Despite my less than stellar rating, this software does make life easier. I can't speak for the submitting of payroll aspect of the site (HR Professional myself), but I know that looking up payroll information, and having it available right away, is extremely helpful and organized. Your reps will alert you of any passed legislation that requires your business to take action. The learning platform allows employees in certain states to take classes when required (i.e. prevention of sexual harassment courses that are now required). You can report on essentially anything; there are pre-loaded reports in the system and you have the ability to create any number of custom reports. Making employee information updates , employment related and personal, is relatively easy and painless. Adding a new employee is a breeze, as is processing a termination. With this partnership, handbook builder is free and ordering the 5 in 1 posters is free for federal and all states. We do not use the system for PTO or document management so I cannot speak to that.

CONS

The ADP WFN site is getting better. The My Learning platform is terrible, I should note there have been improvements, but overall this site has a terrible user experience. We've had too many issues to count with employees finishing courses only for progress to be deleted. When writing the support team, sometimes it takes a full month to get resolution. The rehiring process has changed and now, in my opinion, it doesn't make much sense and they don't make it easy. Our business partners/reps are very personable, but requests require multiple follow ups before any resolution is found. There has been a lot of turnaround as well. In one year, we've received 4-5 different reps. The custom report builder is terrible, not user friendly. As a company, we have had many issues that effect our employees (W2 issues, benefits issues) and that does not sit well with anyone. Employees are constantly complaining that the system is terrible. Take that with a grain of salt, we know some people generally like to complain and can never be fully happy, HOWEVER, some claims are definitely founded. If I had to pick my ultimate least favorite thing about the system itself it would be the Compass/Task Manager on the home screen. Our rep has openly admitted that this feature does not work (no ETA on resolution from the IT team there) and we constantly have multiple urgent requests open from i9 required to be filled out to terms with missing documentation, all not true.

Reason for choosing ADP Workforce Now

Price. We were already on the TotalSource platform on top of that, so the migration wasn't terribly trying.

Cody

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2021

ADP WFN Saves Money Without the White Glove Service

Overall despite the high about of struggle it takes to get up and running, ADP WFN is a very solid platform if your company seeks to integrate many functions all within a single platform, and wishes to take a somewhat "hands-off" approach to tasks. Payroll tax is automatically done by ADP, for instance. This platform may not be the most user-friendly, but it works and it's a very powerful tool once learned. Unless your company wants a true "white glove" experience, you can likely not to better for the price than ADP WFN.

PROS

ADP WFN covers all the bases for HR, tax, payroll, applicant tracking, timekeeping, and more. I would not say that ADP is the absolute best-in-class for any individual module, however, as a holistic package it's extremely powerful. The ADP WFN package is very price-competitive compared to other payroll software. The integrated nature of the platform (one stop shop) and longstanding, proven track record is what I would most recommend about ADP.

CONS

There are 2 large cons for ADP, however, these may be present with other platforms too. First is the initial onboarding and setup. I've onboarded ADP at 3 companies over the past decade, and it can be extremely hit or miss - it's entirely dependent on the ADP team you get. The timeline can also be much longer than one may think to start. Secondly, when problems come up, customer service is where things can tend to go awry. Again, it's completely dependent on the person you get. As a bit of advice, if you feel like a bad response was given, call right back and speak to a different person, you might end up with a great resolution.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

ADP was better to have multiple entities managed together, and is more efficient for high-volume payroll. The price was also more favorable with a fully integrated platform.

Irene

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2021

ADP Workforce Now - not just for payroll anymore

The need for staff to go to their supervisor to get their PTO balance has been eliminated with the use of the self service portal. the staff feels more empowered to take control of their profiles with any updates they need to make.

PROS

We have changed finance managers 4 times in the last 5 years. For the periods of time that we had no finance manager, I was the person tasked with all things HR and payroll related. Let me tell you, this is outside of my normal workflow but I had to get my people paid. The software is straight forward, click and go, easy to use. Even for those of us that are not payroll or HR professionals. With the COVID hit, there was an added layer of complexity to entering payroll for those out sick. The ADP team did a wonderful job on providing resources and updating those resources often. there is online learning, on demand learning and always a friendly calm voice on the other end of the phone when a would frantically call for help. It's not just the software, it's the people behind it that make it all work smoothly. Tracking PTO is also a HUGE benefit to our employees. the days of " how much time off do I have ? " are long gone. We have encouraged all of our employees to use the self service portal for any changes to their profile thus cutting down on internal paperwork and the need for data entry. It's been a game changer for us.

CONS

I honestly can't think of anything that I would change about it. The communication via email is amazing and I always know what is going on with my processes.

Reason for choosing ADP Workforce Now

ADP fulfilled more of the needs of the business.

Adrian

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2019

ADP

WFN solves our issues for time and attendance tracking with employees in 30 states. It provides all necessary reporting needed to report on payroll spend.

PROS

Pretty user friendly. Screen layout is easy to follow. Once employees are trained, they usually don't need any follow up.

CONS

Updates and changes are too frequent. Constant change. The Benefits sections is very hard to manage without support from ADP and working through Open Enrollment is very challenging. The Carrier API feeds are very complex.

System functionality

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

System functionality did not meet needs with growth of company.

Reviewed November 2018

Necessary for some companies, I'll explain

If your company is in that awkward stage situation where you either don't have your own payroll or don't have your in-house payroll software, utilizing something like ADP is necessary. It is useful because ADP allows you to either completely outsource, or partially where you maintain your in-house payroll dept., but use their software. You can even cut your own checks or have ADP do it. They are far more robust in their ability to handle complex payroll issues then competitors that are newer to the game. They also have a lot of cross-platform compatibility with things such as third party HRIS and ATS systems that competitors such as Paychex don't. Most HR software will implement ADP integration first because it is so widely used, and may never even offer integration for other software. ADP is basically essential if your company needs this integration ability. However, as a software, it is horrible. It is hardly intuitive, and while you can become a power user based on experience, much like Photoshop or other outdated software with robust features and following, it is a product of necessity and not design. I've attempted using alternatives such as Paychex, but ADP is so entrenched and if you have any level of complexity in your payroll, there just really isn't an alternative that matches it. While alternatives are easier to use and cheaper, they usually do not have the features and support ADP does. As a side note, ADP literally has service techs on standby 24/7.

PROS

It is feature rich compared to some timekeeping and payroll based software. The level of integration is unsurpassed and your ability to choose how involved ADP is with your outsourcing of payroll is helpful based on the size of your company.

CONS

Much like a lot of the legacy software that has been around forever cornering the market (think Deltek or Photoshop), ADP is horrible archaic software circa 90s that has never evolved. Often, newer payroll/accounting software is far superior aesthetically and based on how intuitive it is to use. That's because they created their software with modern design and programming methods. Programs like ADP have been around forever and feel like it. They create upgrades, but almost as a consequence of their market-share and size, they can only do moderate changes for fear of creating too many implementation problems with all of their clients.

Collin

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Leading Payroll Vendor for a Reason

This is a strong tool once the learning curve is overcome. I have used small, medium, and large payroll platforms and ADP is a true "One size fits all" platform and perhaps my vendor of choice. However, for that ideal fit, it will require diligent implementation and an understanding of the platform and it's features. There are trade-offs: while startup companies such as Zenefits or Namely have a simple user interface and easy to navigate, they also come with system limitations and lack of support compared to the big companies. ADP is the opposite; sometimes quirky and difficult to find what you need, but a truly powerful system with a large support team ready to assist. Choose based on your priorities.

PROS

This is an extremely robust platform with extensive custom functionality. When properly configured and utilized, WorkforceNow can fit practically any business and payroll model, from small businesses to high volume, enterprise-level companies. Service and Support are best in class and will walk you through anything. Tax filings, notice resolutions, and year-end processes are a breeze. Solid tools and modules - Benefits, Reporting Suite, Onboarding, Time Tracking (But you'll pay for it).

CONS

ADP is a legacy company with legacy systems. Because they have been around for so long, some features seem to be "stacked" on from prior versions instead of given an entire overhaul. This can lead to an lack of intuitive UI and UX compared to younger systems like Workday. Implementation team may give you an "out of the box" setup. May require diligent partnership in configuring to your specifications. Pricing may not be as competitive as other vendors and module implementations can add up.

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2019

ADP is a great tool for businesses

Really happy overall.

PROS

ADP is a great tool for companies to use for their employees. Not only can you find all the important documents you need in one place, but you also get perks with ADP. Even if you leave a company ADP will still show you your pay stubs and tax info later on. Sometimes businesses add certain qualities to ADP, so be sure to make what you have on the platform clear. I have gotten many great perks and coupon codes from ADP for car rentals, movie tickets and outings.

CONS

Customer service is slow, if non existent. If you have an issue it is guaranteed to take you more then 48 hours to solve.

Value and ease of use.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

Workday is confusing and more expensive.

Joy