What are ADP Workforce Now users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using ADP Workforce Now software through verified user reviews

5,869 Reviews

3,301
1,807

• icon"This software is designed with security and ease of use as top priority. It allows users to be confident with important Online information and simple log in procedures."
  • icon"I liked how easy it was to navigate this program and how simple it was. Whether you are tech savvy or not this thing is amazing."
  • icon"This is great for HR items as everything is on one place from commuter benefits to pay - and customer service is amazing."
  • icon"If you switch between this and the other software ADP provides its is very confusing as both of the login platforms are extremely similar and confusing to employees."
  • icon"The design of this product seems pretty lackluster. By nature this is a boring product but it’s ugly to look at."
  • icon"I've had one or two problems with logging in over time, and once had a problem with resetting my password for some reason. That were the only 2 issues I've had when accessing WorkforceNow."

Browse all ADP Workforce Now Reviews

• Have you used ADP Workforce Now and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 5,830 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 5,830 reviews

Erica

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

It has been amazing.

Shanice

Best Pay Manager Ever

I would def recommend this service for companies that have payroll issues it's a great way for employees to manage their pay and have access to their documents without a hassel.

Pros

The ability to keep important documents 9n file for easy downloading.

Cons

The registration is a bit complicated when and if you've been employed through multiple companies using this software .

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

The ability to edit information without approval and more options for employees self service.

Ashley

Easy, convenient and practical

Overall I enjoy it. My company has used it for the past 14 years, switched to paycom for a half a year and then made the smart decision to switch back.

Pros

Love the convenience of being able to use your phone with this app. Being able to clock staff in and out easily if they forget to clock in, keeping track of pto, time card edits and missed punches the main things I take care of is just so easy.

Cons

When I used paycom, you were able to request your days off on that. With adp, we have to go back to using pen and paper and keep track of staff days off instead of having it all in one spot. Would be nice!

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

Not enough support from customer service, and needing assistance.

Amy

Bait and Switch

The CSR implementing the software was unresponsive and I got login credentials a day before I had to submit payroll. They didn't set up all the tax numbers. So, 2 months later I am having quebec source deductions returned to me. We were told that the system integrates with QBO, it doesn't. We were told that employees could apply for and be approved for time off on line, the portal only allows them to see their paycheques. Paid Time Off can only be accrued and tracked as a % of pay. No tracking possible in the HRIS. The HRIS is only a bunch of templates and some articles. It's a joke. We went from a fully automated system down to a purely manual system that we need to use excel to track all PTO and manually calculate taxes and override in ADP. Plus we cannot use the chat or email support, only phone support that takes 2-3 hrs to access. The sales people disappear once they've sold you a system. They won't return your emails or calls even when you say you will give them more money!!! It seemed like a bait and switch scam. There is no recourse other than to find another payroll system.

Pros

The platform looks nice. Fairly easy to find things.

Cons

Does not integrate with QBO. Does not have a robust HRIS - only a couple templates and some articles. No tracking of any kind. Accrues vacation as a % of pay only. Does not accrue using hours. Portal only allows employees to see paystubs and T4's. Cannot view Paid Time Off accruals through the portal. Cannot apply or be approved for PTO through the portal.

Reasons for choosing ADP Workforce Now

We were sold on a version of ADP that we did not get and were not told we were not getting.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

We thought we were going to a more robust system with better integration and PTO tracking. What happened was the exact opposite. We made a steep step down to a manual system that cannot service our needs in the slightest!

Adam

February 2022

ADP Workforce

Pros

Makes managing a team's leave requirements easy, I particularly like the improvements the leave accrual gives over the previous ADP TotalSource product. Leave accruals now kept very accurately and the future date projections are valuable.

Cons

It can be difficult to key in split leave requests (Where there is a public holiday in the middle). It certainly would be better if it automatically excluded the public holidays.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

Latest and greatest and due to previous leave processing issues.

Melissa

Industry: Fishery

March 2022

Awesome full service payroll & HR service!

Onboarding has been smooth and very professional.

Pros

ADP has so many sections that will take care of all aspects of our HR/Payroll world. We were able to combine 3 separate platforms into ADP and now it is so much easier to keep our records up to date.

Cons

Small stuff - like adjusting taxes so that the employer can pay all the tax - but I hear that there is a fix in the works. Also sending fill-able forms out to existing employees for signature. Right now it is only available in the Onboarding Process, but I hear that it is coming soon to Company Documents.

Reasons for choosing ADP Workforce Now

ADP was a more robust Payroll/HR system. I was able to combine 3 platforms into one and saved money too.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

I was not getting proper support from the PayChex team. And there was an incident when the employees did not receive their pay on time.

Lori

ADP Workforce Now is Highly Recomended

Pros

ADP Workforce is very easy to use and easy to learn. Keeps track of everything and makes payroll so much easier to process on the bi weekly basis and the Human Resources features are great.

Cons

I cannot think of anything I dislike about this product.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

I just wanted to try the product to see and it was so easy I switched.

Helene

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

We love ADP Workforce Now for recruiting staff

We have found this software very useful, as it has helped us in the human resources department, in the whole process of staff recruitment, which is a long and cumbersome process, but with ADP Workforce Now this process is simpler, faster and more effective to select the ideal candidates for the different job positions.

Pros

Integration with social media and website is very important, as we can place candidate applications on those platforms directly from the software. The interview and assessment management, allows us to make the selection much faster and evaluate more fluently and effectively. Excellent resume analyzer, which has helped us to discard those that do not meet the requirements. A fairly simple to use software, which has the ability to manage applications and job postings, efficiently and quickly. It allows the human resources department to complete recruitment tasks quickly, efficiently and with better performance.

Cons

Some emails go to spam, which has prevented us from properly screening candidates. It could be an expensive software for small companies that are starting in the field. Sometimes it takes too long to load a job ad in the different portals we are registered.

Nick

April 2022

An outstanding and remarkable tool for Human Resources Management.

It's convenient with benefits administration and management. It's reliable with talent acquisition and management.

Pros

I like this tool because it's reliable with time and attendance sheets management. It's simple to generate employees payrolls.

Cons

I haven't encountered any error with ADP Workforce Now because it's complete and reliable with carrying out all Human Resources Management processes.

Brianna

Industry: Security and Investigations

May 2022

Great For Payroll & Job Posting

Great experiences so far while using it for my company.

Pros

I like that you're able to do payroll, as well as find potential candidates. The ADP software also helps you weed out all of the bad applicants, by giving them a pass or fail.

Cons

I disklike that it can be a little difficult to use sometimes when doing the payroll. Such as, inputting numbers and data.

Nikhil

April 2022

One solution platform to track whole productivity of employee.

ADP Workforce Now helps me a lot in saving my time in different areas related to employees, I can use my time in different productive works. Their customer support services help me a lot during the implementation, they are very polite. So my overall experience with this platform is very good and it becomes my daily life friend.

Pros

. Very easy to implement and install . Attractive interface . User-friendly . Easy and timely view of paycheck . I can view and change my benefits, pay stubs, complete performance evaluation, and required training . Very nice customer support services

Cons

I faced some lag issues when I refresh my data sometimes for some moments. The only issue I faced till now.

Irene

December 2021

ADP Workforce Now - not just for payroll anymore

The need for staff to go to their supervisor to get their PTO balance has been eliminated with the use of the self service portal. the staff feels more empowered to take control of their profiles with any updates they need to make.

Pros

We have changed finance managers 4 times in the last 5 years. For the periods of time that we had no finance manager, I was the person tasked with all things HR and payroll related. Let me tell you, this is outside of my normal workflow but I had to get my people paid. The software is straight forward, click and go, easy to use. Even for those of us that are not payroll or HR professionals. With the COVID hit, there was an added layer of complexity to entering payroll for those out sick. The ADP team did a wonderful job on providing resources and updating those resources often. there is online learning, on demand learning and always a friendly calm voice on the other end of the phone when a would frantically call for help. It's not just the software, it's the people behind it that make it all work smoothly. Tracking PTO is also a HUGE benefit to our employees. the days of " how much time off do I have ? " are long gone. We have encouraged all of our employees to use the self service portal for any changes to their profile thus cutting down on internal paperwork and the need for data entry. It's been a game changer for us.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything that I would change about it. The communication via email is amazing and I always know what is going on with my processes.

Reasons for choosing ADP Workforce Now

ADP fulfilled more of the needs of the business.

Cristiano

December 2021

Custom solution to fit any business size/type.

We switched from Paychex to ADP as we outgrew the Paychex platform. Happy with the switch, despite the occasional headache.

Pros

I like that ADP gives you complete control over all aspects of HR & Payroll within workforce now.

Cons

Because it is so customizeable, there can be issues getting feaetures working or fixed. Also, the sales and implementation team are hard to get ahold of once paperwork is finalized. They seem to disappear and work on their own schedule without feedback, regular updates on progress, etc.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

Paychex was more "on rails" and didn't allow some customization that we needed. Also, their time & attendance app was terrible. I spent more time fixing time clocks than anything else.

Minimize Admiuistration

I have been using ADP Workforce Now software program for decades. ADP Workforce Now has significantly reduced my administrative payroll process. ADP Workforce Now does the work for me! It is comforting to know ADP Workforce Now is 100% reliable. I am always confident the payroll process will run effortlessly and efficiently. I highly recommend it!

Pros

ADP Workforce Now is an excellent software program if you are interested in streamlining your payroll process and making your business run effortlessly, efficiently and eliminate your stress! ADP Workforce Now has been an industry leader for decades. The ADP Workforce Now software is user friendly; the program is self explanatory; and I process employee personal and W4 information in just a few easy steps. I also applaud the implementation team for making the initial transition/conversion process painless. The team was knowledgeable and familial with transferring my previous software program data into ADP Workforce Now with ease. The team knew exactly how transfer my historical data perfectly! Additionally, as a small business owner, I find the legal recommendations invaluable! The legal team is very responsive, knowledgeable, and assists in protecting my business from potential legal consequences.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any cons working with ADP Workforce Now software program...It's right on point and meets all my expectations. My experience with ADP Workforce Now has been flawless.

Reasons for choosing ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now had/has an excellent reputation in the payroll industry. The sales person was highly knowledgeable and trained in using the product. And, more importantly, my colleagues were satisfied using ADP Workforce Now software program and highly recommended it.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now was highly recommended from a colleague. My previous company made a few too many errors. The paychecks had to be reprinted which delayed receiving the paychecks on many paydays.

Cody

ADP WFN Saves Money Without the White Glove Service

Overall despite the high about of struggle it takes to get up and running, ADP WFN is a very solid platform if your company seeks to integrate many functions all within a single platform, and wishes to take a somewhat "hands-off" approach to tasks. Payroll tax is automatically done by ADP, for instance. This platform may not be the most user-friendly, but it works and it's a very powerful tool once learned. Unless your company wants a true "white glove" experience, you can likely not to better for the price than ADP WFN.

Pros

ADP WFN covers all the bases for HR, tax, payroll, applicant tracking, timekeeping, and more. I would not say that ADP is the absolute best-in-class for any individual module, however, as a holistic package it's extremely powerful. The ADP WFN package is very price-competitive compared to other payroll software. The integrated nature of the platform (one stop shop) and longstanding, proven track record is what I would most recommend about ADP.

Cons

There are 2 large cons for ADP, however, these may be present with other platforms too. First is the initial onboarding and setup. I've onboarded ADP at 3 companies over the past decade, and it can be extremely hit or miss - it's entirely dependent on the ADP team you get. The timeline can also be much longer than one may think to start. Secondly, when problems come up, customer service is where things can tend to go awry. Again, it's completely dependent on the person you get. As a bit of advice, if you feel like a bad response was given, call right back and speak to a different person, you might end up with a great resolution.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

ADP was better to have multiple entities managed together, and is more efficient for high-volume payroll. The price was also more favorable with a fully integrated platform.

Sally

ADP Workforce Now is so-so for a small business

Overall WFN is a pretty complex product, with features that most likely are impactful and necessary for larger companies. However, as a small business user, it seems cumbersome in some instances. But by far my biggest issue using this product is with the ADP Support. I have no dedicated support representative; I'm pretty sure every person working for their support is located in another country, and it generally takes me between one and 8 hours overall to get any type of problem fixed. That is not an exaggeration. And I know to expect that almost every time, the call will get disconnected and I may or may not hear back from that representative. Being 100% unable to rely on their product support to fix our issues can be a huge problem when the error involves payroll which is under a deadline!

Pros

The interface on the employee profile pages is pretty good. It's like a dashboard for each type of information for each employee (pay profile, employment profile, personal profile, etc.).

Cons

The reporting functionality leaves much to be desired from the user's perspective. I find it very difficult to locate a canned report containing the information I need, and the custom reporting can be difficult to use. We also use this product for PTO tracking, and the users find it difficult to figure out how to see all the details and manage their time off. I am constantly having to explain to them how to use it, when this feature should really be self-explanatory. In addition, administrators are unable to pull or print a calendar showing time off for all employees in a given time period. This seems like information that's crucial from a business perspective, but apparently if we don't pay for the Time & Attendance module, we do not get the full functionality of the PTO system. Disappointing, to say the least. Another big disappointment is figuring out how to use this product to distribute and track company policies that require signatures, print a report with the results, etc. I'm not sure it works at all....I have been unable to figure it out, and therefore gave up on that.

Karen

HRIS System

Overall my ADP Workforce now experience has been excellent.

Pros

ADP provides useful modules for the HRIS needs. The Payroll, HR and Benefits management modules are most useful and critical for our needs. Our dedicated support person is top tier and very helpful. Not always something that smaller companies can find. We are fortunate to be a PE firm and have that additional ADP support.

Cons

Each module costs and can be pricy. Modules should be bundled and priced accordingly. Also once you buy a module, it seems like the transition to implementation drops off until you remind them you want to move forward with implementation.

Reasons for choosing ADP Workforce Now

Previous knowledge of system and not paying for something we wouldnt use.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

Ultipro is not as supportive and does not have the functionality of ADP.

Virginia

ADP Workforce Now Pros and Cons

ADP Workforce Now has been a great learning experience. I love how easy it is to reset users log in information from the administration side and how ADP recognizes users based off personal information. This comes in handy when needing to pull historical payroll data.

Pros

ADP is very easy to use and I love how they have a built in training platform that can train you as you use the system. There are little information bubbles that you can hover over that will give you insights to the features and updates as they are release. ADP is expanding who they will integrate with which is wonderful because you can have several other systems integrated to the payroll system which makes for seamless processes. I really enjoy using ADP Workforce Now, it's very easy to use, pull reports, and run payroll. The system is very intelligent and won't allow you to hire individuals with the same personal information, which is very important for auditing purposes. Overall, great system to use.

Cons

The three cons I have about ADP Workforce Now is the reporting is difficult to use if you don't know what exactly you need when pulling data. The support team is very slow and sometimes too busy to prioritize your issues if you're a smaller organization vs. a larger organization. The last con is that the system is not customizable, so if you need a form or process customized to fit your company's needs, I would suggest a different system that is more customizable.

Cost and ease of use

Brian

Follows you wherever you go...

simple/easy/intuitive/persistent/Dedicated --- don't forget it will always be by your side

Pros

Throughout many roles and across varied industry's ADP has been used as a platform to receive pay stubs, obtain tax information and forms, monitor time work and time off, and track pay. All of these features are displayed in an easy to navigate, user-friendly, customizable dashboard that is kind of awesome if you are obsessed with your finances. I love how everything is at your fingertips and how easy all your info is to access. The best part about ADP is that despite being issued new log in credentials with every employer who uses this program (usually the company email I am assigned once hired) all my previous ADP accounts synched with my new job and literally has followed me from place to place. I was concerned that with each new employer and subsequently the new account information, I would have countless user names and passwords spanning my lifetime from each and every job I held. WRONG! This program is great... their app even is better.. and it will always be with you no matter the employer.

Cons

Starting the whole process at times can be difficult. With my most recent employer who used ADP there was a miscommunication between HR and the company resulting in misinformation and bad information regarding sign up to the app/program. An invite code was needed but it seemed no one could get it together enough to get it for us ...needless to say weeks later the entire new hire class got the right code hence access to our paystubs

Sherri

It's come a long way

We enjoy having the functionality and time savings it brings to our organization. I look forward to future upgrades to the reporting and performance review features.

Pros

We have used ADP for over 10 years. It has come a long way in the functionality. They have a good system for open enrollment, policy acknowledgements, W4 reporting, benefit tracking. I like the historical information. We recently added Doc Cloud and have enjoyed having all the documents in one place.

Cons

The reporting feature needs some work. They information is in the system, but the reports to pull the information aren't very user friendly. For example, their gross pay report is wonderful, but there isn't a report to pull that breaks down what categories the information came from. The performance review feature doesn't allow for customization to add forms. Also, when they make upgrades, they don't recognize the affect it will have on other parts of the software.

Reasons for choosing ADP Workforce Now

The cost of some of the software systems was quite high. They had additional functionality, but that didn't justify the cost difference.

Kym

ADP

After the implementation process, as painful as it was, the system seems to be a little smoother and working correctly. Still finding some items that are needing fixed from the lack of attention from our previous account managers.

Pros

ADP has automated several process that used to be manual.

Cons

The implementation process was very difficult and lasted over a year. It took almost a year to find a good Account Manager. The continued updates. Just seems that every week I go in and something has changed. The ACA reporting is still a little clunky.

Reasons for choosing ADP Workforce Now

Again because we were under the assumption that ADP had more dealership experience when it came to payroll because they used to be a part of CDK (which is a dealership accounting software).

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

CDK was sunsetting their program. ADP and CDK used to be one in the same therefore we were under the impression that ADP would have more dealership experience when it came to payroll.

Cyndi

Industry: Information Services

WFN Review

I have been expanding the functions within WFN - we added time and attendance this year and plan on using other feature to help us grow and scale our payroll. I find as the complexities of our payroll increases, WFN can handle and grow with us.

Pros

The flexibility it provides. Depending upon the company's complexities - you can use as little or as much as you need from the system. It integrates with other systems too (Workday, etc) to help automate processes.

Cons

It is a difficult to have multiple payroll runs at the same time. When you are in a public company with stock and regular payroll runs on the same day - the system can do it - but it is not easy to flow between the two payroll runs.

Management decision.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

I was not part of that decision.

ADP is a great tool for businesses

Really happy overall.

Pros

ADP is a great tool for companies to use for their employees. Not only can you find all the important documents you need in one place, but you also get perks with ADP. Even if you leave a company ADP will still show you your pay stubs and tax info later on. Sometimes businesses add certain qualities to ADP, so be sure to make what you have on the platform clear. I have gotten many great perks and coupon codes from ADP for car rentals, movie tickets and outings.

Cons

Customer service is slow, if non existent. If you have an issue it is guaranteed to take you more then 48 hours to solve.

Value and ease of use.

Reasons for switching to ADP Workforce Now

Workday is confusing and more expensive.

Shikha

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

ADP Workforce Now-Most used and advanced Human Capital Management Solutions

Our company’s overall experience has been extremely good except for the customer service part, which has now improved as compared to earlier. We have no plans to move to any other software since our entire team is very well versed with this software.

Pros

ADP Workforce Now is a wholesome web-based human resource capital management system designed to assist and automate company’s HR processes including payroll management, benefits, time and labor management, compliance etc. This tool also provides the API, which facilitates the smooth integration with other HR business application including any internal software that you may have. We have been using this software for almost 5 years now and the experience has been amazing. The entire application is user friendly and easy to manage with a supportive customer service. It also facilitates our employees to register into the system whose paycheck has been processed once and they can view their paystubs online, which reduces our burden of sending the paystubs separately. The entire process of payroll including the tax processing, sick time filing (if applicable), PTO management etc. is simplified through this application. The benefit enrolment/waiving process is also easier with all the documents placed under different sections of the consultant’s file.

Cons

The customer support team is cooperative but getting answers from them could be tedious. You have to be on call for almost 15-20 minutes before you could hear a human voice. The response time over emails is not so fast as well. It may take from 4-5 hours to a day to get an answer sometimes.

Samridh

Easy to Use and Easy to Manage

Pros

Our company transitioned to ADP 3 years ago and in the past three years I have really grown to like ADP. - Easy to manage my PTO and see balances I can easily log into ADP and see how much balance is left. Previously I had to wait for my paycheck to look at it and keep note of it. Otherwise everything was stored on the SAP system and SAP codes were too hard to remember. I like the online platform a lot better with ADP. Apply for PTO is also a piece of cake. Simply choose the date (calendar is shown on right) and submit the hours. - Notifications ADP is really good about notifying the user if there is any mails waiting in the inbox. Any approvals or disapprovals, documents and announcements on ADP gets sent straight to my work email and it helps me to remember that I should go and check it out. - Everything in one place All my Paychecks, Tax Documents, Health and Dental Benefits, Policies etc are on one spot. They are all properly placed under specific tabs so after some clicking around I was able to easily get to the page I needed too. I also like that I can download my information and documents in a pdf format and store it computer for later access. I no longer have to email HR and ask for my tax document if I lost it or ask what is the health/dental plan i enrolled in. Even enrolling or changing the benefits plan is super easy and it is all done inside the ADP at the beginning of each year.

Cons

- Outdated look I think ADP could enhance their website a bit more than what it is. I do like their simplicity however more helpful links in the front page would be nice so that I do not have to click through 3 pages to submit a PTO. - More details needed I would prefer each page to have some details on what this page is for and how it can be used. Some sort of front page explanation would be nice. The first few months I emailed my HR every single time to figure out how to do the simplest of things - Update takes time When there is an updated I have notice some delays. Whether it be on my PTO approval or my salary increase. The system updates takes the longest.

Showing 1 - 25 of 5,830 reviews