All APS Payroll Reviews

Michele

Building Materials, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2018

APS meets all of our payroll needs. Great customer service and support.

PROS

I've been working with APS for almost two years and being my very first experience with a payroll software I found it very easy to learn. The way this software is built and organized makes it very easy to use it. This is particularly true when you are in need to create a report. In this case you can choose one of the several ready-to-use reports from the "Report Manager" option, or you can build your own customized report that best meets your needs. Additionally, to save time and efforts the report you created can be shared among several users in different departments. Another thing I liked about APS is the excellent customer service I received in all of the inquires and issues I encountered during my job.

CONS

What I liked least about this software is the fact that when you enter or modify any type of information there is no "safety net", meaning the system does not ask you to confirm your changes before leaving the tab you are in. By adding this extra step you will be "forced" to double check your entries and this can be very helpful in avoiding mistakes especially on sensitive information like bank account numbers, pay rates, or addresses. Another feature that could be implemented is to allow users to download raw data or .csv file directly from the "Analytics" tiles. Right now you can only display, look, and print the information but you cannot download the data in on Excel format. From an Human Resources standpoint it would very helpful to be able to download data such as Employee Turnover, New Hires by department, and Employee Count by month.

Thank you so much for your honest and enlightening review, Michele. We really appreciate your feedback. We would love the opportunity to speak with you one on one and discuss your concerns. If you could please contact April Remedies, Success Manager, at aremedies@apspayroll.com or 318-213-3263, she would be happy to talk further.

Replied November 2018

Tyson

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Great Value

APS Payroll has been a major improvement for our company. Our records are now more detailed and our reporting is more accurate. Also, we've been able to save over a day in the processing time for payroll. However, the best thing APS has offered is their customer service. Every employee of theirs has been top notch with solutions and very prompt.

PROS

APS Payroll tracks time and automates the time entry process, which had been unavailable to us through a previous provider. We also have staff at multiple locations, and APS gives a variety of options for clocking in/out. We were able provide "time clocks" to each location with relatively little start up costs. The user interface is very easy to understand and almost all of our users were able to learn how to use APS in less than a day.

CONS

About the only issue we've run into thus far is with the linking of the tablets when using the tablet app. At two locations, the tablets will occasionally unlink for reasons we are unsure. However, the fix is easy and can be done the average user.

Reason for choosing APS Payroll

APS offered similar features but at considerably less cost. Even the initial start up costs were less than we expected.

We appreciate your positive review, Tyson! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Shelly

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2021

APS Product and User Review

Outside of the actual payroll processing, very disappointed with the APS product and support. Implementation was a nightmare. Have been using the product for a year and our benefits administration is still not fully usable because APS cannot set up what we need for some of our products (which are not uncommon). Support in some areas is wonderful and in others, disgraceful. We will be looking for another payroll and HRIS after the new year.

PROS

Payroll processing is very simplified and easy.

CONS

Huge lack of support, right from implementation. Was also sold on a product that couldn't deliver what was led to believe could provide.

Reason for choosing APS Payroll

Promises of a better and lower cost product

Reasons for switching to APS Payroll

Looking for a newer and more user friendly software

Thank you for leaving us a review, Shelly. We are very sorry to hear that you have not received the support and services you were looking for. We will forward your information and feedback to our VP of Client Services, April Remedies (aremedies@apspayroll.com), so she can reach out. We thank you for your time and for being a valued APS customer.

Replied November 2021

Felicia

Chemicals, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2019

I was nervous about switching our HRIS from ADP to APS.

APS has far surpassed our expectations. The recruiting/hire feature has saved me hours of work in relation to on-boarding. It's been amazing to have the seamless transfer of employee data into payroll. More recently, APS was able to setup EDI feeds with most of our benefit carriers. Yet another reduction in my data entry responsibilities! :D

PROS

The ability to customize the software quickly and easily. The fast and knowledgeable customer service to help with any customization required has been my favorite feature since our transition to this software.

CONS

Happy to say that software works exactly as promised. This is more of a behind the scenes detail, but I wish at APS would draft our bank account for the lump sum total of the garnishment checks each payroll and then issue the individual checks from their account. As it stands, APS cuts individual garnishment checks from our bank account each week. This results in extra weekly admin on our company accounting side of things.

Reason for choosing APS Payroll

Paycom had a lot of the fancy bells and whistles that ADP offered with a price tag that reflected as much. APS offered all of the functionality we were looking for and needed at a much more reasonable price.

Reasons for switching to APS Payroll

Our ADP relationship manager failed to show us the value in staying with ADP.

We appreciate your positive review, Felicia! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2019

A great tool and great company

We've had a great experience working with APS. We find the platform to be easy to use, and the people to be a joy to partner with.

PROS

The APS platform is user-friendly and simple to use. Additionally, the employees of APS are fantastic to work with. The people of the company are the real gem that sets APS apart from the others!

CONS

The GL implementation is slightly cumbersome and time-consuming

Reason for choosing APS Payroll

We liked the platform and the complete end-to-end solution provided by APS. We also liked the Intacct integration.

Reasons for switching to APS Payroll

We were looking for a more modern platform and a complete HR/Payroll solution.

We appreciate your positive review, Chris! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Dave

Warehousing, 2-10 employees

Very helper Support Team Members, Fast, Friendly Service

Substantially lower payroll fees vs my full service accounting firm.

PROS

Turn around time is within 1 business day for any questions you might have. Fast resolution to any issues that you might have. Very helper support team Members, providing fast, friendly Service. The website interface that they developed is very easy to use and each monthly payroll takes about 10 clicks to complete. Its a matter of clicking through a 5 or so tabs confirming various employee data and payroll hours inputs. Before the transition to APS, I did compare the features, pricing of a few other online payroll firms. I am very satisfied and glad that I selected APS to be my payroll provider.

CONS

None that I can think of, especially at this low price point while providing top notch professional accounting service.

Reason for choosing APS Payroll

Price, features, ease of user, and an awesome support team.

Reasons for switching to APS Payroll

we saved over 70% from our monthly service fees after switching to APS.

We appreciate your positive review, Dave! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Jordan

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Great Payroll software!

APS since my last review came out with a app for employees to access their basic information and also to clock in and out from. This app has solved all the problems I was having with our crew and troubleshooting the issues we were having trying to keep time cards accurate. This has been extremely helpful.

PROS

The software is very straightforward and easy to use. Reports are organized and the features that allow you to conduct performance reviews as well is great. We are converting everything over from paper to digital for all HR needs and without this software would be a lot harder. Getting a new employee added and deleted from the system is easy and straightforward too.

CONS

I have no complaints at this time, the previous review I left stated I was disappointed with APS not having an app for employees being able to clock in and out from remotely which that has been corrected and the app is working great

Reason for choosing APS Payroll

We looked at a few local payroll companies that were based in our hometown but staying with a national company made the most sense for our line of business

Reasons for switching to APS Payroll

ADP had terrible customer service. Also they were very expensive

We appreciate your positive review, Jordan! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made it easy for you to complete all of your tasks. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Replied August 2019

Deborah

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Nice to have all of my data in one place.

I really enjoy having one program that does almost everything I need. Being a department of one for 3 small companies with about 120 total employees, I need something that helps to keep my organized and on task. APS helps me do that.

PROS

I liked that I had Payroll, benefits, reviews etc. all in one place and accessible to multiple people for ease of completion and reduced time and paperwork.

CONS

I am in the state of WA and there are somethings that are fairly new that We are having to have work arounds because APS does not provide that service as of yet. Also the set up and style of performance management tools are a bit outdated. we have made a work around for that as well.

Reasons for switching to APS Payroll

Initially it was because of cost, but as I started to review different programs I realized I could get a lot more functionality out of something for about the same or a little less cost. When I added in the time savings for me and our mangers, the savings were even more.

We appreciate your positive review, Deborah! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made it easy for you to manage all of your locations. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Karlye

Events Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Great Software from Great People! Exceptional Customer Service & Usability

A BREATHE OF FRESH AIR. Really good, honest people from sales through support. I had a few unique things I needed and they got me accurate answers and worked with me. The software is very proven and reliable which is their reputation and what got me interested in making the switch.

PROS

The implementation was flawless. The sales team (unlike others we looked at) took extra effort to NOT over promise what they couldn't deliver. I felt like they were really there to help me. I never felt pressured for a decision. Onboarding was straight-forward and I self-guided myself through most of it. However, anytime I needed help personal customer service was right there to help. NOT COMMON WITH OTHER SOFTWARE IN THIS SPACE.

CONS

APS focuses on clean functionality, which I appreciate. The UI is basic and could be improved, but it does everything I need which is what I really care about.

Reason for choosing APS Payroll

They built their product the right way in my opinion and the people I dealt with seem more honest and fair compared to 'tell you what you want to hear' demos I've seen from others.

Thank you Karlye for a great review! We are so glad you have had a great experience with implementation and the sales team. Thank you for being a valued APS customer and we look forward to working with you in the future.

Replied April 2022

Loren

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed December 2019

Quality System, Good Price & Customer Oriented

Sales promises were lofty, but the reality is the system is better than most that I've tried. For the price, function and delivery, this is a good system for a small to medium size employer. The add-on options make the system better in my opinion.

PROS

Very easy to use. The system is laid out in an easy to view manner. Also this is available on mobile device.

CONS

Customization is difficult. The company is willing to work with you, but may take time to develop any customs, if available at all.

Reason for choosing APS Payroll

Price was key. Overall the system met our needs.

Update and Upgrade

Your positive review is much appreciated, Loren! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made your payroll processes easier. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Replied December 2019

Ken

Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2021

APS may not be the best known provider, but is works and is easy to use and affordable

I switched from ADP and the transition was easy and the customer service can't be beaten!

PROS

Simple and well organized for use. Lots of features, but not complexity. Customer service is the BEST ... real people available to talk to you right away ... and they know their stuff!

CONS

no issues that haven't been addressed to full satisfaction

a better experience with APS

merger with 8 other firms and had to consolidate payroll systems

Ken, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave us a review. We are happy to hear the system is simple, organized, and that you're happy with your dedicated support team. We look forward to working with you for years to come.

Replied May 2021

Benjamin

Mental Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

A satisfied APS costumer

We have been able to bring several HR functions under one software platform. The ease of use and communications piece has saved us so much administrative time.

PROS

I find the software very easy to use and the support team is responsive and very helpful.

CONS

Some of the ACA functions seem to be cumbersome and have taken a little extra time to learn and use.

Reason for choosing APS Payroll

Friendly, helpful staff. The customization of the platform as well as the reporting functions.

Reasons for switching to APS Payroll

Ease of use, functionality, and more solutions under one platform.

We appreciate your positive review, Benjamin! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Felisha

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Great system- very USER friendly

PROS

Very easy to learn and use. User Friendly

CONS

You cannot process manual checks same day. They have to be ran/ pushed through with payroll.

Reason for choosing APS Payroll

APS offered more so we decided this system would be best.

Reasons for switching to APS Payroll

Issues with proper tax filings.

We appreciate your positive review, Felisha! We're glad to hear you're happy with the intuitive design of our platform and our system has reduced your errors. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Wilson

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Efficient and Reliable: A Review of APS Payroll's Streamlined Payroll Management

Ease of Use: Users appreciate payroll systems that are intuitive and user-friendly. APS Payroll aims to provide a user-friendly interface, making it easier for HR professionals and payroll administrators to navigate the system, input data, process payroll, and generate reports.Functionality and Features: APS Payroll typically offers a wide range of functionalities to manage payroll tasks efficiently. These functionalities may include payroll calculations, tax management, direct deposit, benefits administration, compliance reporting, time and attendance tracking, and more. Users often evaluate the depth and breadth of features to ensure the system meets their specific payroll needs.Accuracy and Automation: Accuracy is crucial in payroll management to ensure employees are paid correctly and tax withholdings are accurate. APS Payroll focuses on automating payroll calculations, reducing manual errors, and improving efficiency. Users appreciate systems that minimize manual intervention and provide accurate payroll processing.

PROS

Comprehensive Payroll Functionality: APS Payroll offers a wide range of features and capabilities to manage various aspects of payroll administration. It typically includes functions such as time and attendance tracking, tax management, benefits administration, direct deposit, compliance reporting, and more. This comprehensive functionality streamlines payroll processes and reduces the need for manual interventions.Automated Calculations and Accurate Payroll Processing: APS Payroll automates payroll calculations, ensuring accuracy and reducing the chances of errors. The system calculates wages, taxes, deductions, and benefits based on defined rules and configurations, minimizing the need for manual calculations and saving time.Customizable and Flexible: Users appreciate the flexibility and customization options provided by APS Payroll. The system allows businesses to configure payroll settings, tax rules, pay rates, deduction formulas, and other parameters to align with their specific requirements. This adaptability enables businesses to accommodate their unique payroll policies and ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations.

CONS

Integration Challenges: A few users have encountered challenges with integrating APS Payroll with other systems or software, such as HR management systems or time and attendance tracking tools. Integration issues can create complications when transferring data between systems, potentially requiring additional manual work or IT support.Response Time of Customer Support: While APS Payroll generally provides responsive customer support, a few users have reported occasional delays in receiving assistance or experiencing longer response times during peak periods. Prompt and efficient customer support is crucial for resolving any issues or inquiries that users may encounter.Pricing Structure: Some users have mentioned that the pricing structure of APS Payroll can be complex or less transparent, particularly for businesses with specific requirements or unique payroll setups. It's advisable for potential users to thoroughly understand the pricing model, including any additional fees or charges, before committing to the system.

Christopher

Machinery, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2021

APS saved me lots of time.

It has bee great compared to our old platform Paylocity

PROS

Being a one person HR department, APS makes everything I need accessible. It is simple, intuitive, and easy to use. I particularly like the applicant tracking system, which also automates the onboarding process. APS Hire

CONS

Sometimes the custom reporting has some glitches, but our dedicated client service team rectifies the issue pretty fast.

Software design and cost

Reasons for switching to APS Payroll

Cost and old platform over complicated.

Thank you for your wonderful review, Christopher. We're glad to hear that our system has saved you valuable time in your day and is easy to use. We also love to hear that your dedicated customer support team is there to help you when you need it. Thank you for being a valued APS customer.

Replied August 2021

Laurie

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2019

APS Captures All the Necessary HR Functions in One Easy-to-Use Package

We cut our costs in half and doubled our functionality. The implementation team spent more time on training than all of our previous payroll vendors combined. Answers to questions are a click away from within the system or a quick phone call to a dedicated team member. I highly recommend this product to companies of all sizes or to companies with multiple divisions to manage.

PROS

What's not to like? From implementation to use, the team at APS managed our conversion smoothly. Their dedicated tax team is always one step ahead of me and does regular audits to make sure we are compliant in all areas. I work with a specific payroll team so I know when I call or send in a support request through the online system, I will always be talking to the same people who know my account. Everything is contained within one module so you don't have to wonder if the information you enter in one part of the program is going to sync properly with other areas. Real-time updates keep all my reporting accurate.

CONS

We have had some occasional minor issues with our field techs being able to enter information to their timecards through the mobile app which is actually just a mobile friendly version of the online system. A true app is being released soon and I expect it will eliminate any small issues we've had in the past.

We appreciate your positive review, Laurie! We're glad to hear you're happy with the user-friendly design of our platform and our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Replied May 2019