All APS Payroll Reviews

Sara

Industry: Restaurants

Longtime happy APS customer

Extremely easy to use and great interface! I would definitely recommend this product!

Pros

The customer service at APS is unmatched! We have been extremely happy with the product as well as the service we have received since day one. From APS' sales team to implementation, to the tax department, to our account managers--we have been pleased with the ease of being customers!

Cons

There are not a lot of shortcomings with this product! I wish I could say the same regarding other companies we have used. The one thing I do with the product could do would be transferring employees between our companies on the APS platform.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Sara! We're glad to hear you have enjoyed our customer service. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Replied December 2017

Anthony

APS Payroll and Hiring Software is second to none

We are solving payroll and new hire issues. They make it so easy for our reps to complete their onboarding process that we can't imagine ever going back to our old software. They also make it extremely easy to troubleshoot payroll issues in the even that a rep didn't receive their pay card or direct deposit.

Pros

I love the ease of use that this product offers. Even your day 1 employees can get the hang of this software before lunch time on their very first day using it. I also really like that they are continually updating and improving the software as the professional landscape grows and changes through technology. APS seems to be at the forefront of advancing their software so you'll never be frustrated at using a slow or outdated software for hiring or payroll. All in all this is just a great product that anyone can use and that is a major selling point for any business owner. Nobody wants to spend tons of time and money just training their HR and payroll teams to use their software and APS keeps that cost at a minimum.

Cons

I can't really think of anything i don't like about this software. I guess the one thing that i think APS could improve is where they put the search bars to search for current employees. Right now you have to go to a specific page to search for already hired employees while the applicant search bar can be accessed from the main screen.

Reasons for switching to APS Payroll

APS was recommended to us by a colleague of the owner and after some due diligence we decided that APS was light years ahead of Paychex in every way.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Anthony! We're glad to hear you're happy with the intuitive design of our platform and our system has reduced your errors. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Shelly

APS Product and User Review

Outside of the actual payroll processing, very disappointed with the APS product and support. Implementation was a nightmare. Have been using the product for a year and our benefits administration is still not fully usable because APS cannot set up what we need for some of our products (which are not uncommon). Support in some areas is wonderful and in others, disgraceful. We will be looking for another payroll and HRIS after the new year.

Pros

Payroll processing is very simplified and easy.

Cons

Huge lack of support, right from implementation. Was also sold on a product that couldn't deliver what was led to believe could provide.

Reasons for choosing APS Payroll

Promises of a better and lower cost product

Reasons for switching to APS Payroll

Looking for a newer and more user friendly software

Response from APS

Thank you for leaving us a review, Shelly. We are very sorry to hear that you have not received the support and services you were looking for. We will forward your information and feedback to our VP of Client Services, April Remedies (aremedies@apspayroll.com), so she can reach out. We thank you for your time and for being a valued APS customer.

Replied November 2021

Tyson

Great Value

APS Payroll has been a major improvement for our company. Our records are now more detailed and our reporting is more accurate. Also, we've been able to save over a day in the processing time for payroll. However, the best thing APS has offered is their customer service. Every employee of theirs has been top notch with solutions and very prompt.

Pros

APS Payroll tracks time and automates the time entry process, which had been unavailable to us through a previous provider. We also have staff at multiple locations, and APS gives a variety of options for clocking in/out. We were able provide "time clocks" to each location with relatively little start up costs. The user interface is very easy to understand and almost all of our users were able to learn how to use APS in less than a day.

Cons

About the only issue we've run into thus far is with the linking of the tablets when using the tablet app. At two locations, the tablets will occasionally unlink for reasons we are unsure. However, the fix is easy and can be done the average user.

Reasons for choosing APS Payroll

APS offered similar features but at considerably less cost. Even the initial start up costs were less than we expected.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Tyson! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Felicia

Industry: Chemicals

I was nervous about switching our HRIS from ADP to APS.

APS has far surpassed our expectations. The recruiting/hire feature has saved me hours of work in relation to on-boarding. It's been amazing to have the seamless transfer of employee data into payroll. More recently, APS was able to setup EDI feeds with most of our benefit carriers. Yet another reduction in my data entry responsibilities! :D

Pros

The ability to customize the software quickly and easily. The fast and knowledgeable customer service to help with any customization required has been my favorite feature since our transition to this software.

Cons

Happy to say that software works exactly as promised. This is more of a behind the scenes detail, but I wish at APS would draft our bank account for the lump sum total of the garnishment checks each payroll and then issue the individual checks from their account. As it stands, APS cuts individual garnishment checks from our bank account each week. This results in extra weekly admin on our company accounting side of things.

Reasons for choosing APS Payroll

Paycom had a lot of the fancy bells and whistles that ADP offered with a price tag that reflected as much. APS offered all of the functionality we were looking for and needed at a much more reasonable price.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for switching to APS Payroll

Our ADP relationship manager failed to show us the value in staying with ADP.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Felicia! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Replied November 2019

A great tool and great company

We've had a great experience working with APS. We find the platform to be easy to use, and the people to be a joy to partner with.

Pros

The APS platform is user-friendly and simple to use. Additionally, the employees of APS are fantastic to work with. The people of the company are the real gem that sets APS apart from the others!

Cons

The GL implementation is slightly cumbersome and time-consuming

Reasons for choosing APS Payroll

We liked the platform and the complete end-to-end solution provided by APS. We also liked the Intacct integration.

Reasons for switching to APS Payroll

We were looking for a more modern platform and a complete HR/Payroll solution.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Chris! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Dave

Industry: Warehousing

Very helper Support Team Members, Fast, Friendly Service

Substantially lower payroll fees vs my full service accounting firm.

Pros

Turn around time is within 1 business day for any questions you might have. Fast resolution to any issues that you might have. Very helper support team Members, providing fast, friendly Service. The website interface that they developed is very easy to use and each monthly payroll takes about 10 clicks to complete. Its a matter of clicking through a 5 or so tabs confirming various employee data and payroll hours inputs. Before the transition to APS, I did compare the features, pricing of a few other online payroll firms. I am very satisfied and glad that I selected APS to be my payroll provider.

Cons

None that I can think of, especially at this low price point while providing top notch professional accounting service.

Reasons for choosing APS Payroll

Price, features, ease of user, and an awesome support team.

Reasons for switching to APS Payroll

we saved over 70% from our monthly service fees after switching to APS.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Dave! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Jordan

Industry: Wholesale

Great Payroll software!

APS since my last review came out with a app for employees to access their basic information and also to clock in and out from. This app has solved all the problems I was having with our crew and troubleshooting the issues we were having trying to keep time cards accurate. This has been extremely helpful.

Pros

The software is very straightforward and easy to use. Reports are organized and the features that allow you to conduct performance reviews as well is great. We are converting everything over from paper to digital for all HR needs and without this software would be a lot harder. Getting a new employee added and deleted from the system is easy and straightforward too.

Cons

I have no complaints at this time, the previous review I left stated I was disappointed with APS not having an app for employees being able to clock in and out from remotely which that has been corrected and the app is working great

Reasons for choosing APS Payroll

We looked at a few local payroll companies that were based in our hometown but staying with a national company made the most sense for our line of business

Reasons for switching to APS Payroll

ADP had terrible customer service. Also they were very expensive

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Jordan! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made it easy for you to complete all of your tasks. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Replied August 2019

Loren

Quality System, Good Price & Customer Oriented

Sales promises were lofty, but the reality is the system is better than most that I've tried. For the price, function and delivery, this is a good system for a small to medium size employer. The add-on options make the system better in my opinion.

Pros

Very easy to use. The system is laid out in an easy to view manner. Also this is available on mobile device.

Cons

Customization is difficult. The company is willing to work with you, but may take time to develop any customs, if available at all.

Reasons for choosing APS Payroll

Price was key. Overall the system met our needs.

Update and Upgrade

Response from APS

Your positive review is much appreciated, Loren! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made your payroll processes easier. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Replied December 2019

Amy

Payroll & HRIS User

Event tracking, HRIS, and eself serve are great

Pros

User friendly software and customer service is responsive

Cons

Sometimes the system is slow & freezes up

Reasons for choosing APS Payroll

We had positive experience with APS years prior.

Did not like ADP - did not have full HRIS, reporting was not user friendly

Response from APS

Hi Amy, We're happy to hear that you've had a great experience with APS! Thank you for the feedback regarding slow load times - we will pass that along to our development team. Thanks again for being an APS customer!

Replied August 2021

Marilee

Industry: Cosmetics

APS Review

Pros

Seamlessly downloads hours into the Batch & interfaces with our in-house GL System and 401K Recordkeeper.

Cons

Some of the listed Reports in the System could use larger font and more consistent page breaking.

Reasons for choosing APS Payroll

It just seemed a better fit for our Company.

Reasons for switching to APS Payroll

There were challenges with accurate of Paid Time Off accruals.

Response from APS

Thank you for the positive review, Marilee! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Arianna

Industry: Warehousing

Company Listens to Feedback and IMPROVES

I am loving APS. I am new to my position and this is the first time I have used APS and it has been great. I really appreciate the customer service more than anything. I have worked with other HRIS and payroll companies in the past and literally have been on hold for over 20 minutes! With APS, if they don't answer (rare), I send them an email and always hear back the same day. I also have a team of 3-4 people that work specifically with my company so they understand my challenges better than having 300 different people I might get at another customer service department.

Pros

The software is user friendly for the most part. Any time I have concerns, questions, or suggestions, the customer service team is amazing. They listen to my problems and solve anything. If they do not have a solution, they offer to put in a feature enhancement request which goes to their product development team. It is very rare with a software or payroll company that your suggestions matter. I also appreciate the broad spectrum that I have access to. I can track and manage several aspects of the HR department all from one software program. Also, they offer an online portal for employees to access EVERYTHING. I can upload the employee handbook, benefit presentations, and other documents for employees to view and sign off on electronically. They can also view their paystubs, w-2's, etc. They can even change their demographics, W-4 withholdings, or benefit elections online. It is a huge time (and paper) saver for me!

Cons

I have two primary concerns that are not able to be fixed at this time. I am not a fan of the timekeeping options. We can only have the computers, tablet, or a hand scanning device. Unfortunately, in my field, the hand scanning sensor gets dirty and isn't able to be cleaned easily. Also, we have wi-fi issues so the computers/tablets can be a struggle. I am hoping that they will develop a more traditional timeclock in the future or have the ability to sync with 3rd party timekeeping systems. My other concern is the interfacing. It feels like I have to do a lot of clicking back and forth. I would like to be able to select the employees names and then access EVERYTHING about that employee (payroll, HR, demographics, etc.). It's not really a big deal though and I am quick enough at it that I doubt it is costing more time even but it would just be convenient to have it all in one tab.

Reasons for choosing APS Payroll

Ease of use, customer service, coverage of services, e-self serve option for employees

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Arianna! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made it easy for you to complete your tasks and our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. We would like you to know that we have passed your feedback on to our development team as it is our goal to provide excellent service. Thank you for being a valued customer of APS!

Replied August 2019

Brenda

So happy with APS!

We are thrilled with APS and the service we receive. We can't get over how often we ask for something and how responsive they are to our needs. We have seen enhancements be made that we didn't even ask for just because it made sense and they were able to do it!

Pros

The system allows all of our processes to be integrated and it is so user friendly. It has saved us so much time because we don't have to re-key the same items over and over again in different systems. Our staff love all the added features they now get.

Cons

We really need a company-wide calendar view of approved PTO requests and I wish that the performance appraisal module had more features. On the rare occasion we have had to correct an error, APS corrects things quickly but we cannot always see what happens in the background and we sometimes struggle to understand the correction and how different GL accounts are affected, etc. Also, Report Writer and Report Builder are not completely compatible so sometimes it is difficult to pull everything we need in one report - I probably just need more training and practice.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Brenda! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. We would love the opportunity to speak with you and discuss additional training of the system. If you could please contact April Remedies, Success Manager, at aremedies@apspayroll.com or 318-213-3263, she would be happy to talk further if you would like additional training for your team. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Replied May 2019

Tashona

Great HR/Payroll Solution

APS has helped with streamlining the hiring process, while at the same time creating a cloud based HR solution for our company. It allows our small company to operate and function like a larger agency. In addition, if there is ever a problem, accessing someone to help is never an issue.

Pros

I love the ease by which it has centralized our HR structure. We are a virtual company, and having a solution that unites a multi-state company is important. APS does just that. In addition, the visibility of our job posting has increased dramatically. Before APS we were spending thousands in advertising. By using this solution, we have not only streamlined hiring, but decreased our job marketing budget. Thank you APS!

Cons

This is actually a very easy company to work with, and they are consistently looking for ways to improve. The only issue we have run into is the security level mid-managers must be given to access certain features of the software. We have worked around this, however.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Tashona! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made it easy for you to manage all of your locations, and that our top-rated support teams is providing the attention you deserve. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Dwight