What are APS users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using APS software through verified user reviews

• icon"EASE of use and user interface is great. They continue to evolve as our company does."
  • icon"I literally NEVER had an issue signing in at work, they was never an issue with my pay, time now hours. The system never froze while I was using like some others it was great."
  • icon"Before the transition to APS, I did compare the features, pricing of a few other online payroll firms. I am very satisfied and glad that I selected APS to be my payroll provider."
  • icon"We have had some trouble with the eSign feature, where hourly employees are required to verify their payroll hour submissions and everyone must verify leave times."
  • icon"Unfortunately, in my field, the hand scanning sensor gets dirty and isn't able to be cleaned easily. Also, we have wi-fi issues so the computers/tablets can be a struggle."
  • icon"Reporting does not have everything I look for and the report builder is hard to create custom reports. The scheduling feature is difficult to work with."

Browse all APS Reviews

• Have you used APS and would like to share your experience with others?

Michele

Industry: Building Materials

APS meets all of our payroll needs. Great customer service and support.

Pros

I've been working with APS for almost two years and being my very first experience with a payroll software I found it very easy to learn. The way this software is built and organized makes it very easy to use it. This is particularly true when you are in need to create a report. In this case you can choose one of the several ready-to-use reports from the "Report Manager" option, or you can build your own customized report that best meets your needs. Additionally, to save time and efforts the report you created can be shared among several users in different departments. Another thing I liked about APS is the excellent customer service I received in all of the inquires and issues I encountered during my job.

Cons

What I liked least about this software is the fact that when you enter or modify any type of information there is no "safety net", meaning the system does not ask you to confirm your changes before leaving the tab you are in. By adding this extra step you will be "forced" to double check your entries and this can be very helpful in avoiding mistakes especially on sensitive information like bank account numbers, pay rates, or addresses. Another feature that could be implemented is to allow users to download raw data or .csv file directly from the "Analytics" tiles. Right now you can only display, look, and print the information but you cannot download the data in on Excel format. From an Human Resources standpoint it would very helpful to be able to download data such as Employee Turnover, New Hires by department, and Employee Count by month.

Response from APS

Thank you so much for your honest and enlightening review, Michele. We really appreciate your feedback. We would love the opportunity to speak with you one on one and discuss your concerns. If you could please contact April Remedies, Success Manager, at aremedies@apspayroll.com or 318-213-3263, she would be happy to talk further.

Replied November 2018

Mary

So pleased to have found an affordable product that is robust and works as anticipated!

As having transitioned to APS at the beginning of this year, we are still rolling out new functions within the APS product, but have had an AMAZING group of assigned (dedicated) representatives from the Project Manager and Sales Account Representative to our Help Desk team and the Benefits, HR, and APS Hire experts to help us through the transition, implementation, and 'de-bugging' journey!

Pros

Cost savings as compared to Kronos/Ultimate Software, ability to set up multiple EINs in payroll, and the development of the software from one inclusive database.

Cons

I would love to see that some of the reporting could be customized more easily to include all individual EINs/payrolls in a single report and would also like the benefits and PTO plans to be transferrable between locations when employees move and the record requires transferring.

Reasons for choosing APS

"Fit" for our organization - sophisticated enough but not overly complex and pricing.

Reasons for switching to APS

There were any number of reasons, but the previous vendor was expensive, the software lagged behind many in its capabilities, and there were issues that simply were not being addressed that consumed far too much of my time as administrator to be considered effective or satisfactory.

Response from APS

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, Mary! We're glad to hear that APS has been a great fit for your company's needs. We're excited for you to roll out all of the functionality APS has to offer for easier payroll and HR. We will pass along your feedback regarding reporting to our development team. Thank you for being a valued APS customer.

Replied August 2021

Phyllis

APS

I love the customer service. They are extremely knowledgeable, friendly, quick to respond, and always trying to make the experience easier for you. Sometimes I think their hands are tied though.

Pros

I am able to run payroll faster. Love APS Hire and the onboarding of new employees.

Cons

I find that it is behind the norm for this type of service. Help center needs revamped for looking up (not the employees), and need to allow video uploads for new hires. Think outside the box on processing payroll, not everyone does it the same.

Reasons for choosing APS

At the time pricing and I thought it clicked all of our boxes. I do however, feel that the sales person misrepresented what the software can do.

Reasons for switching to APS

Bamboo lost important documentation and couldn't get it back. I am however, finding out that this not unusual with HR software companies.

Response from APS

Thank you for your honest review, Phyllis. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying APS Hire and the quality of support. We appreciate your constructive feedback and will pass this information along. We will also make sure our Customer Success team reaches out to you to ensure you're getting the most out of your investment in the system. Thank you for your time and for being a valued APS customer.

Replied August 2021

Kristine

Industry: Plastics

So Easy To Use

I was impressed with APS being on top of getting an FFCRA dashboard set up so quickly during the pandemic. We were able to pay our employees correctly without delay.

Pros

APS employs people that genuinely care about helping us with our payroll needs. Any time I have a question, they are right there with an answer. I like that I can send a message directly in the website, and then they will email me an answer.

Cons

This is the easiest payroll software I have ever used. It is extremely user friendly. The one time I was having trouble with running a report, the team at APS quickly fixed the issue. I have no complaints.

Reasons for switching to APS

The "customer service" at our previous company was laughable. APS is so much better.

Response from APS

Kristine, Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this raving review. We are happy to hear your dedicated support team has been so helpful. We are also happy to hear our interface has been so user-friendly. We look forward to working with you for years to come.

Ronald

We Used Paychex and ADP and Then We Found APS

APS is responsive and has experts on hand if the Help Desk can't solve the issue

Pros

It is easy for the CEO to learn and use. I can go into the database at any time and find the data I need without help

Cons

The appraisal forms are cumbersome and cannot be edited. We gave up after a year.

Reasons for choosing APS

We wanted time and attendance integrated into payroll. Bamboo had an attractive interface but not a complete solution in itself (in 2013)

Reasons for switching to APS

ADP is not intuitive and we made regular errors in payroll

Response from APS

Ronald, thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We are happy to hear our streamlined solution has helped keep all of your payroll and HR data in one place. We have passed along your feedback about the appraisal forms. We look forward to working with you for years to come.

Replied April 2021

Shelly

APS Product and User Review

Outside of the actual payroll processing, very disappointed with the APS product and support. Implementation was a nightmare. Have been using the product for a year and our benefits administration is still not fully usable because APS cannot set up what we need for some of our products (which are not uncommon). Support in some areas is wonderful and in others, disgraceful. We will be looking for another payroll and HRIS after the new year.

Pros

Payroll processing is very simplified and easy.

Cons

Huge lack of support, right from implementation. Was also sold on a product that couldn't deliver what was led to believe could provide.

Reasons for choosing APS

Promises of a better and lower cost product

Reasons for switching to APS

Looking for a newer and more user friendly software

Response from APS

Thank you for leaving us a review, Shelly. We are very sorry to hear that you have not received the support and services you were looking for. We will forward your information and feedback to our VP of Client Services, April Remedies (aremedies@apspayroll.com), so she can reach out. We thank you for your time and for being a valued APS customer.

Replied November 2021

Katha

EMployee Management system

great I would not change the system or use another EMS.

Pros

It meets all our needs from payroll to benefits and is customizable has needed.

Cons

they need to add additional customer services hours.

Reasons for choosing APS

Very user friendly and all inclusive service

Reasons for switching to APS

the cost and lack of support from Adp.

Response from APS

Katha, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to hear our system has been configurable to your needs. We've passed along your feedback about customer service hours as well.

Ken

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

APS may not be the best known provider, but is works and is easy to use and affordable

I switched from ADP and the transition was easy and the customer service can't be beaten!

Pros

Simple and well organized for use. Lots of features, but not complexity. Customer service is the BEST ... real people available to talk to you right away ... and they know their stuff!

Cons

no issues that haven't been addressed to full satisfaction

a better experience with APS

merger with 8 other firms and had to consolidate payroll systems

Response from APS

Ken, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave us a review. We are happy to hear the system is simple, organized, and that you're happy with your dedicated support team. We look forward to working with you for years to come.

Elizabeth

Industry: Environmental Services

Made the switch from Intuit

Onboarding, when we went remote during the pandemic we desperately needed to onboard remotely and this was the perfect solution.

Pros

This is a total HRIS solution that is inexpensive and easy to use. You can choose what services to add and use and they all work together.

Cons

There are 3 different websites for different tasks, one for payroll, benefits, etc., another for recruiting and onboarding which imports into the payroll website, and a third for management and employee info. Wish it was all on one site and a separate website for employees, otherwise, no complaints.

Reasons for choosing APS

APS had more features and was a better value.

Reasons for switching to APS

Quickbooks didn't have the HRIS options that we needed, such as electronic onboarding.

Response from APS

Elizabeth, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear that our software has provided you with more features and a better value. Thank you for being an APS customer.

Replied June 2021

Mary

Great System for the Money

Great experience overall. Us HR and payroll people are happy with it and it has made our jobs easier and more efficient. Employees and manager love it because it is easy to use.

Pros

I love the payroll, time and attendance and Hiring module the best. It is very easy to use and has cut down on the time I spend doing things immensely.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to get someone on the phone. They say to email them and they will call you if you need them to but sometimes you have to wait.

Reasons for choosing APS

We had things is different systems which made it difficult to pull reports. It is much easier to have everything housed under 1 roof. This also allowed us to streamline many of our processes.

Response from APS

Mary, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear your time spent processing payroll has been reduced. We've passed along your feedback about reaching your dedicated account team member as well.

Robin

Industry: Farming

Love it so far

Being able to combine payroll AND HR online is amazing. I love the reporting options I have and that I can still run payroll in house but have APS handle the taxes so they are done correctly.

Pros

I love the reporting options! There are so many great reporting options as well as the option to put together your own! I also like that you don't have to sign up for each module if you don't need it. If you are using the payroll module but don't want/need the HR or attendance module than you don't have to sign up for those. I also like that you have your own (small) dedicated support team instead of just calling in or doing an online chat with a random person. We have only been using APS for a short time but so far I love it much more than our previous providers which included Quickbooks and Sage.

Cons

You do several training calls and those can be a bit hard to schedule depending on scheduling conflicts on both sides but that would be expected anywhere..... There really isn't anything I can say I don't really like so far? Maybe the price? It is a tiny bit pricey... Especially for smaller companies.... The only other thing I would like to see would be a quicker processing time for direct deposit. Our previous payroll company was able to process same day which comes in very handy for us (especially during holidays) since we run payroll the following day after the end of our pay period.

Reasons for choosing APS

We needed a payroll program not just a payroll provider as we were not trying to outsource completely. We wanted to continue running payroll in house but have someone else handle the tax portion.

Reasons for switching to APS

Quickbooks was unable to handle our payroll taxes and also the payroll reporting options were horrible.

Response from APS

Your positive review is very much appreciated, Robin! We're glad to hear you're happy with the reporting options and your dedicated support team. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Replied February 2020

Dee Ann

Industry: Environmental Services

Excellent Product for our Small Business without a Huge Investment

Before APS our payroll process was a multiple day process. It was a compilation of paper a third party time clock system that was very limited and our vacation policy was maintained by a spreadsheet and emails.

Pros

This software completely transformed our Payroll and HR processes. Completely integrated all aspects together into one place.

Cons

Have not really had any cons with the software if we run into something that we need it is either available or the customer support will give us ideas for a work around if not currently available.

Reasons for choosing APS

Customer Support. Had never heard of APS and when we found it and looked into we were well pleased with what they offered compared to ADP at a much more reasonable pricing level. The corporate office was only one hour away from us and we went and met with them and saw first hand the Customer Support and have not been disappointed to date.

Reasons for switching to APS

The system was totally manual and basically only processed what was manually entered fro all of our other processes. Nothing was electronic. Everything was on paper.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Dee Ann! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Sandy

Switching to APS Was a Smart Move

I am beyond satisfied with our move to APS. The overall payroll processing system is easier to use than our previous system and has significantly more functionality by enabling employees to enter their hours directly via website or app and then enabling managers to approve automatically. The transition took about two months and throughout the experience, APS made it their priority to communicate clearly and effectively with me. Customer service is clearly a top value, and I am pleased with my assigned team's quick and consistent availability either via email or phone. Our service, functionality, efficiency, comprehension, and overall satisfaction have increased dramatically with APS, while our monthly payments have decreased. That makes us one very happy customer!

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use and logical flow of the payroll process. The system is intuitive and not at all intimidating to administrators, managers, or employees using eSelfService.

Cons

We have had some trouble with the eSign feature, where hourly employees are required to verify their payroll hour submissions and everyone must verify leave times. This does not always work consistently for us. Thankfully, as the administrator, I am able to override an unsigned time card.

Paychex Flex and Gusto

Reasons for choosing APS

We chose APS because they are a smaller, customer-service driven company with non-profit/religious organization experience that provides us with a terrific easy-to-use product with more functionality at an excellent price.

Reasons for switching to APS

We wanted greater product functionality without adding significant cost, and had a desire to be a more valued customer.

Response from APS

We're happy to hear that the intuitive design of our platform was easily accessible to everyone in your company, Sandy! We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Heather

Great but needs some updating

We are generally impressed but it's seems like a newer software that needs to do some updating and more frequent updating at that.

Pros

Benefit management and carrier connection. Ease of use for employees and administrators. Accuracy of timekeeping and payroll. Leave of Absence event tracking.

Cons

Performance Reviews. The templates are just too difficult to load as we use forms specific to each position. Editing of individual questions is not possible so we are not using this feature. Customization is lacking in benefit set-up. We are not able to create custom messages during open enrollment, add specific attachments, or select PCP for our HMO plans which is pretty standard. Notifications for Non-Banking Days. They pop up every time you go back to the dashboard. There should be a button to click I don't want to see this message anymore. Customer Service is great and responsive but sometimes you get different answers from different reps.

Reasons for choosing APS

A more user-friendly experience and more responsive customer service team.

Reasons for switching to APS

Response from APS

We appreciate you taking the time to review the APS system. We see that you are experiencing issues with the performance and reliability of our system. We would like you to know that we have passed your feedback on to our development team as it is our goal to provide excellent service. If you have any other comments or questions, please do not hesitate to call, message, or email your account manager. Thank you for being an APS customer!

Anthony

APS Payroll and Hiring Software is second to none

We are solving payroll and new hire issues. They make it so easy for our reps to complete their onboarding process that we can't imagine ever going back to our old software. They also make it extremely easy to troubleshoot payroll issues in the even that a rep didn't receive their pay card or direct deposit.

Pros

I love the ease of use that this product offers. Even your day 1 employees can get the hang of this software before lunch time on their very first day using it. I also really like that they are continually updating and improving the software as the professional landscape grows and changes through technology. APS seems to be at the forefront of advancing their software so you'll never be frustrated at using a slow or outdated software for hiring or payroll. All in all this is just a great product that anyone can use and that is a major selling point for any business owner. Nobody wants to spend tons of time and money just training their HR and payroll teams to use their software and APS keeps that cost at a minimum.

Cons

I can't really think of anything i don't like about this software. I guess the one thing that i think APS could improve is where they put the search bars to search for current employees. Right now you have to go to a specific page to search for already hired employees while the applicant search bar can be accessed from the main screen.

Reasons for switching to APS

APS was recommended to us by a colleague of the owner and after some due diligence we decided that APS was light years ahead of Paychex in every way.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Anthony! We're glad to hear you're happy with the intuitive design of our platform and our system has reduced your errors. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Tyson

Great Value

APS Payroll has been a major improvement for our company. Our records are now more detailed and our reporting is more accurate. Also, we've been able to save over a day in the processing time for payroll. However, the best thing APS has offered is their customer service. Every employee of theirs has been top notch with solutions and very prompt.

Pros

APS Payroll tracks time and automates the time entry process, which had been unavailable to us through a previous provider. We also have staff at multiple locations, and APS gives a variety of options for clocking in/out. We were able provide "time clocks" to each location with relatively little start up costs. The user interface is very easy to understand and almost all of our users were able to learn how to use APS in less than a day.

Cons

About the only issue we've run into thus far is with the linking of the tablets when using the tablet app. At two locations, the tablets will occasionally unlink for reasons we are unsure. However, the fix is easy and can be done the average user.

UKG Ready and Paychex Flex

Reasons for choosing APS

APS offered similar features but at considerably less cost. Even the initial start up costs were less than we expected.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Tyson! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Felicia

Industry: Chemicals

I was nervous about switching our HRIS from ADP to APS.

APS has far surpassed our expectations. The recruiting/hire feature has saved me hours of work in relation to on-boarding. It's been amazing to have the seamless transfer of employee data into payroll. More recently, APS was able to setup EDI feeds with most of our benefit carriers. Yet another reduction in my data entry responsibilities! :D

Pros

The ability to customize the software quickly and easily. The fast and knowledgeable customer service to help with any customization required has been my favorite feature since our transition to this software.

Cons

Happy to say that software works exactly as promised. This is more of a behind the scenes detail, but I wish at APS would draft our bank account for the lump sum total of the garnishment checks each payroll and then issue the individual checks from their account. As it stands, APS cuts individual garnishment checks from our bank account each week. This results in extra weekly admin on our company accounting side of things.

Reasons for choosing APS

Paycom had a lot of the fancy bells and whistles that ADP offered with a price tag that reflected as much. APS offered all of the functionality we were looking for and needed at a much more reasonable price.

Reasons for switching to APS

Our ADP relationship manager failed to show us the value in staying with ADP.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Felicia! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made processing payroll a breeze. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Deborah

Industry: Wholesale

Nice to have all of my data in one place.

I really enjoy having one program that does almost everything I need. Being a department of one for 3 small companies with about 120 total employees, I need something that helps to keep my organized and on task. APS helps me do that.

Pros

I liked that I had Payroll, benefits, reviews etc. all in one place and accessible to multiple people for ease of completion and reduced time and paperwork.

Cons

I am in the state of WA and there are somethings that are fairly new that We are having to have work arounds because APS does not provide that service as of yet. Also the set up and style of performance management tools are a bit outdated. we have made a work around for that as well.

Reasons for switching to APS

Initially it was because of cost, but as I started to review different programs I realized I could get a lot more functionality out of something for about the same or a little less cost. When I added in the time savings for me and our mangers, the savings were even more.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Deborah! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made it easy for you to manage all of your locations. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Replied November 2019

A great tool and great company

We've had a great experience working with APS. We find the platform to be easy to use, and the people to be a joy to partner with.

Pros

The APS platform is user-friendly and simple to use. Additionally, the employees of APS are fantastic to work with. The people of the company are the real gem that sets APS apart from the others!

Cons

The GL implementation is slightly cumbersome and time-consuming

Reasons for choosing APS

We liked the platform and the complete end-to-end solution provided by APS. We also liked the Intacct integration.

Reasons for switching to APS

We were looking for a more modern platform and a complete HR/Payroll solution.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Chris! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Dave

Industry: Warehousing

Very helper Support Team Members, Fast, Friendly Service

Substantially lower payroll fees vs my full service accounting firm.

Pros

Turn around time is within 1 business day for any questions you might have. Fast resolution to any issues that you might have. Very helper support team Members, providing fast, friendly Service. The website interface that they developed is very easy to use and each monthly payroll takes about 10 clicks to complete. Its a matter of clicking through a 5 or so tabs confirming various employee data and payroll hours inputs. Before the transition to APS, I did compare the features, pricing of a few other online payroll firms. I am very satisfied and glad that I selected APS to be my payroll provider.

Cons

None that I can think of, especially at this low price point while providing top notch professional accounting service.

Reasons for choosing APS

Price, features, ease of user, and an awesome support team.

Reasons for switching to APS

we saved over 70% from our monthly service fees after switching to APS.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Dave! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Jordan

Industry: Wholesale

Great Payroll software!

APS since my last review came out with a app for employees to access their basic information and also to clock in and out from. This app has solved all the problems I was having with our crew and troubleshooting the issues we were having trying to keep time cards accurate. This has been extremely helpful.

Pros

The software is very straightforward and easy to use. Reports are organized and the features that allow you to conduct performance reviews as well is great. We are converting everything over from paper to digital for all HR needs and without this software would be a lot harder. Getting a new employee added and deleted from the system is easy and straightforward too.

Cons

I have no complaints at this time, the previous review I left stated I was disappointed with APS not having an app for employees being able to clock in and out from remotely which that has been corrected and the app is working great

Reasons for choosing APS

We looked at a few local payroll companies that were based in our hometown but staying with a national company made the most sense for our line of business

Reasons for switching to APS

ADP had terrible customer service. Also they were very expensive

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Jordan! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made it easy for you to complete all of your tasks. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Replied August 2019

Arianna

Industry: Warehousing

Company Listens to Feedback and IMPROVES

I am loving APS. I am new to my position and this is the first time I have used APS and it has been great. I really appreciate the customer service more than anything. I have worked with other HRIS and payroll companies in the past and literally have been on hold for over 20 minutes! With APS, if they don't answer (rare), I send them an email and always hear back the same day. I also have a team of 3-4 people that work specifically with my company so they understand my challenges better than having 300 different people I might get at another customer service department.

Pros

The software is user friendly for the most part. Any time I have concerns, questions, or suggestions, the customer service team is amazing. They listen to my problems and solve anything. If they do not have a solution, they offer to put in a feature enhancement request which goes to their product development team. It is very rare with a software or payroll company that your suggestions matter. I also appreciate the broad spectrum that I have access to. I can track and manage several aspects of the HR department all from one software program. Also, they offer an online portal for employees to access EVERYTHING. I can upload the employee handbook, benefit presentations, and other documents for employees to view and sign off on electronically. They can also view their paystubs, w-2's, etc. They can even change their demographics, W-4 withholdings, or benefit elections online. It is a huge time (and paper) saver for me!

Cons

I have two primary concerns that are not able to be fixed at this time. I am not a fan of the timekeeping options. We can only have the computers, tablet, or a hand scanning device. Unfortunately, in my field, the hand scanning sensor gets dirty and isn't able to be cleaned easily. Also, we have wi-fi issues so the computers/tablets can be a struggle. I am hoping that they will develop a more traditional timeclock in the future or have the ability to sync with 3rd party timekeeping systems. My other concern is the interfacing. It feels like I have to do a lot of clicking back and forth. I would like to be able to select the employees names and then access EVERYTHING about that employee (payroll, HR, demographics, etc.). It's not really a big deal though and I am quick enough at it that I doubt it is costing more time even but it would just be convenient to have it all in one tab.

Reasons for choosing APS

Ease of use, customer service, coverage of services, e-self serve option for employees

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Arianna! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made it easy for you to complete your tasks and our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. We would like you to know that we have passed your feedback on to our development team as it is our goal to provide excellent service. Thank you for being a valued customer of APS!

Replied August 2019

Matthew

Truly Amazing Payroll & HR Software Partner

I started up a PEO/ASO/HRO company in Hawaii in 2009 and grew it to the 2nd largest in the HR/Payroll firm in the state. I sold this company to the largest competitor in 2016 when we were running $200 million of payroll and managed over 10,000 employees in multiple states. I can honestly say that I wish I discovered APS Payroll Software when I started my HR company, as this software truly blows away our PEO/HR/Payroll system we used. When I sold my HR/Payroll company, I was looking at finding a new payroll software that could also handle all of our HR administration. I attended a Sage Intacct (accounting software) conference and met APS in the Exhibit Hall with numerous vendors. The final selling point is APS directly integrates into Sage Intacct. Finally, we have one login in which we can access all of our internal companies and external clients we process payroll for. There are so many bell and whistles available and it is very easy to learn and use. I highly recommend APS to everyone looking for an affordable payroll software, with an even more impressive and responsive team.

Pros

APS is very thorough with all of its various solutions: payroll, human resources, benefits administration, document storage, Time & Attendance, PTO, APS Hire (recruiting/job boards), Applicant Tracking, Online On-Boarding, Asset Management, etc, etc.

Cons

I cannot think of anything that I do not like about APS. Their technical team is very flexible with custom solutions, APS Customer Service team is responsive (even with our 5-6 hour time difference between Louisiana and Hawaii). We have a dedicated "Partner Support" team member over at APS, as well as a "Training Support Partner".

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Matthew! We're glad to hear our top-rated support team is providing the timely and responsive attention you deserve. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Replied June 2019

Loren

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Quality System, Good Price & Customer Oriented

Sales promises were lofty, but the reality is the system is better than most that I've tried. For the price, function and delivery, this is a good system for a small to medium size employer. The add-on options make the system better in my opinion.

Pros

Very easy to use. The system is laid out in an easy to view manner. Also this is available on mobile device.

Cons

Customization is difficult. The company is willing to work with you, but may take time to develop any customs, if available at all.

Reasons for choosing APS

Price was key. Overall the system met our needs.

Update and Upgrade

Response from APS

Your positive review is much appreciated, Loren! We're glad to hear our unified platform has made your payroll processes easier. We'll make sure to pass along your constructive feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Replied December 2019

Amanda

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

I have had a wonderful experience using APS as our payroll software. It is a great product and site!

Pros

What I like most about this product is how everything I need is available at any time I need it as well as being very easy to navigate on the site once logged in. It is very user-friendly and helpful with all needs that I may have as well as requests needed for employees. It is as easy as logging onto the site and clicking two to three times to get exactly what I need. I have had to run reports for myself for office functions as well as a request from an employee and it is always very easy and helpful. I believe we get our money worth by using this product on a weekly basis. It seems to fit all our needs as a company and my needs as an administrator. I have had to call on our account manager a few times and when doing so, every time she has been extremely helpful and efficient in helping me find and get what I need to be done. The quality that this software offers us as a company is hands down the best I have ever had. I have worked with APS for several years now. At one time I processed payroll with APS for about 1500 people bi-weekly and I now do it weekly for about 10. So whether you have 1500 or 10 people to conduct a payroll for weekly or biweekly, APS has made it very efficient and easy to navigate their product and easy to search and find exactly the reports needed. I look forward to watching them grow while we grow and using them now and in our future. There would be no other company that I feel could compare to or offer what APS has been able to do for us. The BEST quality!! From the site to the account manager, they have not only met but exceeded our expectations.

Response from APS

We appreciate your positive review, Amanda! We are so glad to hear you love our system and it has made processing payroll simple for you. Thank you for being a valued customer and we hope you continue to have a great experience with APS!

Replied December 2017