(5,594)

3,374

Browse Asana Reviews

Hafizah from Celcom Axiata Berhad

My opinion on Asana

Pros

Asana is undoubtedly one of the most significant project management tools available. I appreciate that you can not only establish a project and delegate subtasks to coworkers and designate deadlines. This guarantees that everybody understands their roles and when their obligations are due. Additionally, the task dependencies feature facilitates workflow by allowing you to identify a job as awaiting completion of another. This feature helps keep complicated projects on track by ensuring that the excellent work is completed on time and that no job is holding the project back. Timelines, bespoke layouts, and custom fields are also appealing to me.

Cons

My company has been using Asana for over 2 years, and it's been nothing but phenomenal for us. It's been fantastic all around, dramatically increasing my team's productivity by making our team communication simple. In all honesty, I can't think of anything negative to say about Asana. It is simply outstanding software.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

I can manage my daily task better with Asana compared to the Evernote Business.

Syamir from Pejabat Pendidikan Daerah Klang

Practical way to manage my daily task and project

Overall, Asana is one of the most complete Project Management that i ever tried and use. Increasing our effectiveness in planning and tracking a project progress is never a issue with Asana. Deploying a complex project is possible with the help of Kanban method to help us plan the project carefully with visual aid.

Pros

I really like that my team and I can collaborate on project and task easily. The Gantt chart let us to planning a project effectively as we can visualized the activities that related with the project. Resource space has unlimited size that we can add to the project and view which project is dependable or assign to the resource.

Cons

There are not much downside that i can thinking while operating this software. The feature is well build and really responsive with my need in completing my project and daily task. The only thing that i think that they should improve is the video tutorial, there are some of the feature that not covered by the video tutorial.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Wrike need too much integration to have a complete project management. Asana is a solution for all-in-one software.

Suhaila from Astro

Set task priority easily

Getting task and project organized is very easy to do with this software. The messenger hub really helping me and my team to communicate better in discussing and sharing files with each other. Overall, all my experience with this software are great so far.

Pros

I really love that that i can manage my team task and project collaboration to be more organized and quickly tracking the project progress percentage. The timeline for the project can be set ahead of time so we won't missing the due date for the project. Repetitive daily task also one of the best feature that can be done with this software.

Cons

I need to use other solution for managing a complex project, as Asana can only handle a basic project and missing feature like project budgeting and project timeline. Some of the tools is too confusing too us, and i had abandon it completely as i can find workaround to make it work, even after contacting for a support from customer support.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

The main thing that make me and my team switch to Asana is the simplicity of all the tools and feature they have offering.

Rajesh from Yoof India

Industry: Publishing

Organized Your Work with Asana

I use Asana everyday to manage my tasks. I encourage my team to maintain their work through Asana. Overall it's a nice and effective tool. During this current scenario, it's really helpful for your remote working. Although I believe it is a little expensive compare to similar task management Apps. But the features are really good.

Pros

Asana is the simplest, user-friendly, and most interactive task management tool. For my startup, I found it very helpful and it makes planning, task assignment, tracking, and registering much easier. I can organize my team task and project and keep track of the work progress without missing the due date for the project. I also love the My favorite feature is the ability to set up recurring tasks feature. It is easy to set up and you can check the history of the recurring task smoothly.

Cons

Although it's an awesome tool for task management, still I would like to mention a few points which can be improvised. 1. There shall be an option to delete people from teams and projects easier 2. The pricing can be lesser for small team groups.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

I got a reference from my ex-colleague. I found it more interesting and effective. The earlier tool has limited features, where Asana can help your work smooth.

Aliz from HP Inc

Industry: Computer Hardware

Good Startup Project Management Tool

It was a very good tool to use, highly user friendly, quite effective and very visually attractive. This tool is great for startups in my opinion and the price is fair for the features it has.

Pros

I like how user friendly it is, the aesthetics (looks), it's very neat and colorful at the same time, it provides a good option for organization and I think it's a good tool for startups, it makes planning, task assignment, tracking and registering much easier.

Cons

I think the software is amazing but it lacks some features seen on more robusts tools such as Zoho Projects, still, this tool can integrate with other small tools that can give you access to Gantt Charts or timelines, etc. The problem is you have to pay for those additional integrations.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

For the price and the features, when I tried the free version I felt much more comfortable with this tool than the others.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Because Excel can work but it's easier to get human errors due to the tool manipulation, the Asana features allow you to have a better control over what's been planned, it sends you alerts and allow you to tag users, chat with them directly over a task or a file, attach files to a specific task or subtask, which you can''t easily do in Excel, and also user interface is much better in Asana.

Nitin from Affinity Express

Industry: Graphic Design

Helpul team collaborator and task management tool for startups

Asana is an excellent collaboration tool for helping teams manage all kind of tasks. Although when you start using asana its bit confusing and need time to learn features. But its flexibility and vast capabilities are well worth learning it initially to get started. As it is not a resource management tool we cannot expect it to be a traditional full scale project management platform. It is excellent tool for startups.

Pros

Most of the softwares don't have much features in free version but Asana is much better than those as it provides plenty of useful features like task scheduler, free mail notifications, unlimited teams, messaging, activity logs, file storage, multiple project views and much more. For a startup less than 20 users team can use it forever for free. You can also integrate it with other tracking tool without paying anything. There are many advanced features which helps you can use to automate your normal task assigning.

Cons

Foremost important drawback to use this software is we cannot use this properly on mobile devices. We cannot be able to assign single task to multiple users, it allows one task one user. Sometimes emails bombarding annoys users but we can disable the notification selectively on asana settings.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

First thing is vast features availability in their fermium plan that is really affordable for any startup who have small teams and do not wan spend money on just management.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Dashboard view is simple, easy to understand and allows me a faster way of project management with asana. Other tools may also have this flexibility but I found asana much better.

Luciano from ChatBot Marketing

I can't do without it

I can both get a general overview and overview of my activities, as well as more detail and focus on the point tasks I need to solve in relation to a large task. It allows you to break into subtasks so that you always have more control and precision.

Pros

Asana has been for me the simplest, fastest and most intuitive tool that allows me to keep order in the various activities of my work.

Cons

I would love it if it included the ability to use a "flow chart" mode that would allow you to group and use the various items in a different, more logical way.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

The board view is simple, fast, intuitive and allows me a quick organization of content. Also other tools have this view, however in Asana I find that it is managed in an optimal way.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

I'm always looking for tools that can help me simplify my work life.

Rachel from Truth Matters Ministries

Do you manage projects? Do you manage people? Asana is for you.

Generally really great. Love how Asana helps me pull the lists out of my head and allows me to really focus on the tasks as opposed to remembering the tasks. A really solid addition to our team.

Pros

Love being able to create projects with my team, organize tasks and schedule and create dependencies, etc. Even if not everyone I work with us actively using Asana, I can track items for them. It keeps me from having to hold all the details just in my head or on pieces of paper. Communicating within tasks is also so helpful - helps avoid things getting lost in people's emails. Incredible functionality and options to customize the experience to whatever your team needs. The paid version has some excellent functionality additions like dependencies and custom labels/tags, which can be really helpful.

Cons

Can be a bit overwhelming to figure out how to set it up best for your unique systems, but once you get going it's great. Sometimes I just have to start somewhere and then adjust as I go through a project and figure out what elements and functions I really need. The price might put some people off, but the free version is very worthwhile.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Needed more options and functionality. Preferred the list view as opposed to the Kanban view.

Literally the most important product that we use at work!

Asana has been a game-changer to our organization. It has helped our team grow in the way we work together, it makes sure that everything gets done, it helps with flow management, and best of all, it helps us track even simple ideas that come to us out of nowhere to tackle later one. Nothing gets missed

Pros

There is so much I love about this software that it is hard to put it together into one review. By far the best part about this is how it helps to facilitate collaboration from every angle - idea generation, project completion, etc.

Cons

Would love more variety in templates, especially for things that don't specifically function the best as tasks.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Asana had all of the features (or maybe more) than any of the competitors but the pricing was way better and the UX was just completely intuitive. There was also a great opportunity to try everything out under the free plan until we were ready to upgrade.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Our current solution just became too cumbersome when projects started to get complicated and needed details, attachments, and dependencies.

Maszni from Astro

Best for managing customer feedback

We are very happy implementing Asana into our work system as it has help us greatly managing our work. Every team member has a very clear work description with this software especially when we are collaborating on project.

Pros

What i really like with Asana that i have use is managing customer feedback and filter it to forward it the respective department. It help us to track the ticket opened by customer, and track the ticket progress either is has been taken action and can be closed.

Cons

There are not many integration that can be linked with this software. I need a integration with Github and has making a request to the developer, but still has no respond for it. It will help so much for a Information Technology staff user like me to managing the Helpdesk between Asana with our current system.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Asana has all tool our organization need for every department and has proven very helpful for us.

Useful yet expensive

Asana does help you with project management and improve the work efficiency of your team. However, you might want to use additional tools and software alongside Asana to compensate for the missing features. If you are a small team and on a tight budget, I'd recommend you go for other options or try Asana's free trial and see if it fits your use case.

Pros

Asana is a nice tool to have and utilize if you are a team of developers, marketers etc., that need their tasks and goals being tracked in real time and in one place. I can manage tasks, assign them to different team members, set due dates, and add dependencies and subtasks. Another nice feature is the inbox for your incoming and outgoing messages related to projects and teams or individuals. What is really convenient is the reporting feature. Using it, you can track and be aware of your project's resourcing, work health and progress.

Cons

I think one of the cons is the price of its premium and business tiers. I know that for some users the basic (free) plan may be sufficient, but if your want to upgrade and have more additional features and more security, you will have to pay almost $11 per person per month for the annual subscription. If you have a small team or a startup, it may be sensitive to your budget. Additionally, I couldn't find the time tracking feature. Also, I would love to see two-factor authentication as it is an industry standard for almost all applications using personal and sensitive data.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I have heard a lot about Asana's pros and cons and decided to give it a try. Before purchasing Asana's premium plan, I wanted to test-drive it with a free trial and see if it fits my needs.

Suzannah from Digi Telecommunications

Really useful task manager software

Me and my team really happy deploying this task manager software as our main software for managing all our task and project. It let us to accelerate in finishing and completing our project within the time frame and let every team member has its own task to manage.

Pros

The most feature that i really like with Asana is the tasks and sub-tasks is really in helpful. Me and my team has a easier process in distributing the task and assigning ownership to the task. Setting the task due date also has help us to more alert on the task due times and to make sure we do not the cross the timeline.

Cons

I don't really fond of this software communication platform. It has no individual inbox that i can sent a message privately as it only has a public wall for the communication platform. Asana also has not much room for customization on the task board and only can use the default template.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

I am more comfortable managing our task with Asana and with all the tools provided.

Fits our needs

Asana helps me keep track of all of my calendars. I use it to track multiple projects with various timelines. In my experience Asana has been easy to set up, easy to learn, easy to use, and great customer support.

Pros

We love how easy it is to organize our projects in Asana. It's easy to see at a glance what I need to be working on, what others are working on, and keep all of our details in one place.

Cons

There are a few features I'd like to have - automating sub task assignments, or custom filters, etc. I think some of those features are available at a higher tier, but not available for a price that fits our budget.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Asana offers more features at a more affordable rate.

Tigran from Incredo

Expanded Trello

I had a positive experience when using Asana. No major problems. It's definitely a fun experience to keep track of your project through this platform.

Pros

Asana has a visually satisfying, clean user interface design. With the recent updates especially, the clean design really entices you to use it more.

Cons

At the time, the project management features were very minimal. Only the very essential features were present. It seems like they fixed it in recent updates. Additionally, the overall UX isn't very effective for seeing the "bigger picture". It seems like an expanded edition of Trello.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

It offered a very good free plan to use with multiple users.

Great free tool

Overall I like Asana and would recommend it. Especially for a marketing team it's great.

Pros

The free version of the tool is pretty robust and very intuitive to use. Great for collaboration and task management.

Cons

There isn't a native desktop app which is kind of annoying. It's clunky to either have it in a tab or make it into a chrome extension app.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

The free version of Asana was sufficient.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Trello wasn't robust enough. It's pretty limited on features.

Edwin from Database Administration

Perfect software for project management

It is exemplary perfect since it encompasses more features needed in project management. It has a good interface and it has enabled work on projects faster and easily

Pros

Its graphical user interface is simple and friendly with more components related to project development. Another thing I like is its free plan, this free plan has more components and features for one to learn from before deciding to subscribe to the long term options. You can integrate this application with restricted applications and also this application can accommodate large organizations. Lastly is based on group collaboration, it is perfect since users can not only assign tasks to members but also set priorities for those tasks.

Cons

While this application has more important features compared to basecamp, it can be technical for someone to use. It is somehow limited in that you can't assign work on multiple users. I don't have much negative about this software up to now since I have not used it for a long time.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

The reason why I chose asana is because it has more features even if it is more technical than Trello.

Vuyile from Nyambose Corporation

Vuyi's Opinion

AWESOME!!!!

Pros

The User interface ,Layout, Very handy in organising myself.

Cons

Someone who is not very Technologically inclined may take some time to get the hang of it.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Using both apps for different aspects of my life.

Mohammed Majeed from Innovations for Poverty Action

don't be deceived by the extremely user friendly interface, it is beast when it comes to performance

Having used multiple project management software on different projects with different teams, I have noticed that those on Asana usually have the least uptake times for new team members to get used to the software. Not only does that advantage reduce onboarding and training times, it also reduces the frequency of errors and ends up boosting productivity much more that what I have observed on other teams.

Pros

Navigating around the program is very simple and uncomplicated. This is usually my first consideration when I am learning to use any software, and with Asana it doesn't come any less uncomplicated than that. Another wonderful thing about Asana is the unending list of second and third party software it seamlessly integrates with. With this, there is often zero disruption of workflow systems for teams new to Asana.

Cons

The file formats available for exporting projects is not extensive enough; often requiring secondary conversion into other equally useful and common formats.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

They were decisions premade by the different project management teams for which they preferred amongst the approved options.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

The project management team had a preference for Asana so I had to learn to use it when I moved unto that project

Lindsey from Freelance

Industry: Writing and Editing

My go-to productivity app for EVERYTHING

I've used Asana for about 3 years now and nothing compares!

Pros

Asana is my favorite tool for productivity, organization, and task management. All my to-do lists (business, personal, and everything in between) are in Asana. I love the ease of use, customizability, and overall UX of the app. The desktop version is a breeze. The mobile app is just as enjoyable. One of the best things is the drag & drop feature that allows you to upload documents, photos, and web links directly into the task. Subtasks are great so you can get a step-by-step list of directions toward each task. It's also great for goal-setting and project planning. I literally can't function without this app! The free version works incredibly, but the paid version is absolutely worth it, especially if you want more custom features (like custom columns, a bigger team, etc). Highly recommend it to all my biz and creative friends.

Cons

I wish there was a way to delete people from teams and projects easier. I have temporary clients and it's a pain in the butt to create new projects in order to delete them permanently from my workspace in the app.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Way better and the aesthetic is superior.

Rickey from ClickDimensions

Great, robust tool for project management

Unlike other platforms, Asana is much more efficient when working and carrying out your projects, not only because of the quality of its interface and the excellent function of its tools. from carrying out a project to a task and subtasks it is really easy and very professional. They haven't fallen into the trend of making everything bubbly and cartoonish like other platforms. Asana has also helped to eliminate the cost of other tools, since many additional features are built in.

Pros

I like the User interfaces because it makes early adoption very possible. The learning curve is small, and it's easy to set up your tasks, request colleagues to participate and to do everything simultaneously. I also enjoy the aggregate of the duties for reporting purposes, and they'll be reminded to accomplish the duties. The working calendars are also pretty clean and it's simple to reorganize the scheduled start times, durations and completion dates to integrate documents, reports or e-mails.

Cons

It's difficult to figure how to hide some info that is unnecessary for your specific use case. It's also not so simple to add in dates for recurring tasks.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

No loner needed the platform to be integrated into our D365 environment, and a more friendly interface, less training needed for the users.

Diane from Envolve Health

Asana Changed my Entire Approach to Work

This software helped me keep my job. With numerous complex tasks and projects and rapidly changing priorities, follow-up tasks were slipping through the cracks. Once I started using Asana, I felt confident to take on the most complex projects and job duties without becoming overwhelmed.

Pros

It's easy to jump right in and start working with this, even while you are still learning the interface. It does take a little time to get to know the program so that you know how you want to organize your tasks and projects. I was using lists and spreadsheets to manage my projects previously and some aspects were slipping through the cracks. It allows for easy use by multiple team members without overlap or stepping on each others work. It has completely changed my ability to manage every detail of a project and has substantial flexibility to adapt it as you see fit. There are so many things I like about this software that it's hard to name just one thing that I like most.

Cons

I would like to be able to see the Project that a subtask is part of in the "My Tasks" view instead of that field being blank. It may be due to using the free version that this is not available. I also can't view the priorities in the "My Tasks" view, but I worked around that by creating "tags" with colored numbers, red 1, yellow 2, green 3, etc.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Our budget was tight, so Asana's long-term free option (as opposed to a short trial) put it over the top. It has the features we need to complete projects within our small team.

Emily from The Ultimate Creative Branding and Marketing Inc.

Made scaling my podcast agency so easy!

I've been using Asana for years for a number of different purposes. I really appreciate the broad feature set and the fact that the Asana team continues to improve the system, without completely overhauling how the whole thing works and looks. The consistency has been so good!

Pros

Using Asana made it possible to create a repeatable process that anyone on my team can follow and implement. That means that we're able to scale rapidly and bring on new clients without panicking that we won't be able to handle the new workload. We absolutely love that each client is managed via their own project, and within each project we have their entire podcast calendar mapped out for the year ahead. This is essential so that we can plan team workload, and know when to hire.

Cons

The only thing I wish was available is a calendar view for each project that lists subtasks. Since each client has a primary task for each episode, and sub-tasks are listed underneath that, it would be great to use the drag and drop feature for subtasks easily in one view for that specific project.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I really like the UX of Asana over other project management tools

Juan Miguel from Colorado College

Excellent for self-tracking or collaborative work

Like I mentioned, Asana is one of the tools I naturally use everyday, and often encourage other colleagues or students to use as well. It is my to-do list as well as my project tracker, collaboration tracker, and "don't forget to do this/brainstorms for the future" tracker

Pros

I love that Asana can act as a daily task/project manager but is comprehensive enough to plan for future projects and collaborative work. It is a tool that is intuitive enough that I want to use it every day, but not so simple that I only use it for to-do lists. Any time I start collaborative work with other people at different institutions, I always push for us to use Asana as the organizing platform.

Cons

The subscription and use of the paid services could be more clear; it isn't easily understandable who has to pay for a subscription if the use of it will be shared across people from different institutions. Also, the pricing settings could be more accessible for 1 or 2-person teams, because at the moment it is mostly geared for groups and businesses (which admittedly makes sense)

Reasons for Switching to Asana

I prefer the list/calendar/Gantt abilities of Asana more than the board default of Trello. I know that Trello works for many people, and if a Board aesthetic is top priority then it would be great, but I preferred Asana's functionality a bit more.

Asana is the perfect tool for managing everyday work.

Asana has been exceptional since my company first started using it. In the past year, Asana has been the backbone of my team's work collaboration as we have been working remotely as a result of the Covid 19 pandemic. Asana offers excellent functionality, reliability, value for money and I would highly recommend it.

Pros

Asana is simply one of the best work management softwares on the market. I like the fact that it not only allows you to create a project but also delegate subtasks within the project to co-workers and set deadlines. This ensures that everyone knows their responsibilities and when their tasks are due. Also, the task dependencies feature helps work move along smoothly as it allows you to mark a task as waiting on another to help keep complex projects on track and ensure the right work is getting done on time and makes sure that no task is holding the project back. I also like features like timelines, custom templates and custom fields.

Cons

My organisation has used Asana for close to two years and it has been nothing short of excellent. It has been great all round and has greatly boosted my team's productivity and made collaboration very easy. In all honesty there is nothing I can think of to criticize about Asana. It is truly an excellent software.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Not much went into the decision. My team simply decided to choose Asana and have never looked back since.

JAIME from jaimehirsh

Industry: Sporting Goods

Best free project management software out there.

Super helpful in many aspects of business, especially project and task management. Works across departments and businesses as needed. Love it, I recommend it to all of my clients if they are not already using.

Pros

Super easy to use, integrates with everything. Most partner companies also use it, so you can project manage with other businesses easily as needed. The free version is super comprehensive and fully functional, and it incorporates the features of other free platforms that are way less feature filled.

Cons

There is not really a bad thing I can say about it. For the price ($0) it is an amazing asset that all businesses should use.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

The price to functionality ratio can't be beat.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Asana does everything Trello does and more.

Daniel from Mable

Asana: A Powerful Work Management Tool

Overall, I would recommend Asana because for experienced project managers it is an invaluable tool and it provides unparalleled customisability. Personally I find that Asana very effective at managing marketing campaigns and it keeps everything well organised.

Pros

Asana is an unique management tool that is significantly more flexible than other project management software. You can customise many things and tune them to your specific use case which is very useful. This is especially so when you are handling a less complex project where resource management isn’t fundamental to the work. For example, a marketing campaign can easily be managed on Asana because scheduling is very simple and efficient on Asana and you can customise your own template for your needs. The overall user interface is also very minimalist and clean. If this is difficult, there is a very helpful Asana guide that is available to users which includes tutorials, webinars etc. Another great thing about Asana is that it is consistently updated with new powerful features. For instance, the Project Overview tab was added in Jan 2021, and it provides a landing page where you can see all the team members on the project and their roles, important files or documents related to the work, and more. You can even embed videos and media on this page through various app integrations.

Cons

Asana has become more expensive over the years and now it is more expensive than some of its competitors. Also Asana is very difficult for a beginner to use because of how much functionality it has. This means that you have to do tutorials and training to become more familiar with the software. Another slight disadvantage is that there is no time tracking in Asana, meaning that you cannot record how long each member worked on a task.

Louis from DblScoop

Empower a manager to take on larger teams and projects

I could not run my business without ASANA. We develop software for a living. It is the SINGLE most important tool that we own. I would go back to coding in notepad. If it would allow us to keep ASANA.

Pros

Asana provides a solid interface that empowers me as a manager to manage more team members more efficiently. This software provides time-saving resources by allowing stakeholders to get their own project updates and track the project's progress without interrupting the team executing the project. It provides: - Many ways to plan and manage - A clear view of the task load on each team member - Time planning to keep projects on deadline

Cons

Asana provides so many ways of doing things that every person who sets up a project can do so in a unique way. This requires a clear organizational strategy from the start. The issue: - Multiple ways of achieving the same outcome - Confusion on how to work within different project structure approaches Important to note: These cons are primarily a result of poor onboarding. They are not the fault of the software or ASANA directly. My encouragement is for anyone implementing this project to plan and test projects with a very small number of team members. Only once the entire organization can be trained to create and manage projects according to your prescribed workflow should the software be opened up. You must engage with ASANA's guides early. As well as plan and provide training every employee to see the best ASANA experience.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

The freemium approach made it easy to try. Once we dove into it and built several projects. We saw success. It was a no-brainer to continue forward with the product. We onboarded everyone very quickly (too quickly) and saw immediate gains in productivity and morale. There is much satisfaction to be gained by checking of tasks and seeing how much you accomplished each week.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Our previous software for project management had an extremely limited tool set.

Michael from M. A. Casale Inc.

Asana is my ABSOLUTE GO TO for task and project management

I switched from Trello to Asana and I truly enjoy using Asana almost because I feel there is a gamification feeling in getting my daily wins accomplished. I literally look at Asana at least 5 times per day and almost always before I end my day to see what my plan of action will be for tomorrow.

Pros

The fact that I can manage my daily tasks seamlessly both on my desktop computer and on my iPhone mobile application.

Cons

Sometimes the copy and paste function doesn't work as I would like it to to take a similar task, copy it and then modify it. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I really like the layout of the tasks management section both on the web browser and the Mobile application. Mainly I like the tasks being organized in a vertical fashion in Asana as opposed to the card fashion in Trello which I didn't like as much.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

To be honest, Trello was having a server issue one day and I was locked out from seeing my tasks and I felt lost that day. I immediately switched to Asana which I had also used in the past but it wasn't yet my main daily task manager.

Paul from Phox Water

Great for Productivity

Asana has been an excellent for the whole team to boost their productivity. When there is so many projects going on at once, it really helps break things down and simplify the tasks you need to complete each day.

Pros

Asana has been a great tool for us to manage all of our projects. The calendar view, combined with the ability to colour code each project allows to get a great overview of each working day. It also allows you to rank tasks in terms of priority which is so useful when you have a lot of projects going on at the same time. The ability to collaborate with colleagues on tasks is also a great way of keeping track of progress and notifying all members of progress. It also allows you to keep all documents/attachements and communications about a certain task in the one place. All in all, the software has been a great addition for us and has really helped the whole team become more productive.

Cons

The only real problem I've come across from using the software is the difficulty to sync the calendar view on my desired device. It's really easy to sync your Asana calendar with Google Calendar or iCloud etc. but I've had difficulty getting the entries from my Asana diary to show on Apple Watch. The difficulties here could be as much Apple's problem as Asana's but I think an Apple Watch version of the mobile app would be great. To be able to glance at your watch and see your next task/meeting would be really valuable and save time!

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I really like the simplicity of the Asana interface and user experience. It's also integrated brilliantly with Slack for us too.

Asana is the Way to Organization

Asana is a best-in-class product. They constantly update it and make improvements and provide tons of value whether you're a free or paying customer.

Pros

-Fantastic UI -Quick and easy to learn -Simple but powerful -Love the Kanban boards -Love the ability to nest sub-tasks into main-tasks as well as subtasks in other subtasks.

Cons

The one thing I don't like is the inability to see all of my assigned tasks across all of my different Asana boards.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Asana is the best-in-class product compared to the alternatives. While Jira is excellent for development teams, Asana does work well for our engineers, despite lacking some software-development specific features. Also, Gitlab offers a great free integration with Asana for tracking git repos updates.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Asana was a better fit for us than the project management software we used before. It's much more intuitive and extraordinarily powerful. It keeps our small team very productive.

Kurt from Abra Marketing

Asana is Great for Task Management

Asana has been an essential tool for our agency to centralize task management and have a tool to help us keep on task.

Pros

We are a digital marketing agency and we use Asana daily for managing tasks, both custom requests that come in from the client and monthly recurring tasks. It's perfect as a central portal where the team can see everything due and what is happening with tasks, vs. everything being lost in separate strings of emails. Asana has saved a lot of tasks from getting off track. We've been improving how we use it a lot in the last year, organizing it by client and devoted sections within each client to easily track different types of tasks, such as "Items Due from the Client" vs. "Monthly Recurring Tasks" or "Special Projects" etc. It's also really handy to have the phone app in addition to the computer version for working tasks on the go.

Cons

It works great for the task management aspect, but it would be great if it had budgeting and time planning functionality, so we did not have to go to separate solutions for that. It would also help to see general account or project status items, but we might be able to figure out a workaround to make that happen as we have on some other needs.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

We just found Asana to be the easiest to use and the best fit for our team.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Workamajig's solution for this was just to cumbersome and not user-friendly like Asana is.

Arslan from SKUIRE Technologies

Asana- one of the best and simplest Task managment tools

Overall experience with asana is quite satisfactory as it delivers what it promises. I use it alongside other tools to manage daily tasks and project-related works. Its to-do list-like approach gives an easier way to create tasks and manage them easily. You just keep a tab open for it and keep on marking complete the tasks you have accomplished. It's that simple.

Pros

The most beautiful and user-friendly thing in asana is its to-do list-like approach for managing tasks in each project. the whole project or a particular task out of it can be assigned to other users and team members. Another incredible thing is that you can divide a task into further sub-tasks to make it easier to use and track task progress.

Cons

It goes toe to toe with Trello's similar set of tools. Trello card-like approach comes in handy in viewing all the tasks at hand in a glimpse as well as giving the ability to manage task queues. You can transfer tasks from one card to another. It also doesn't have enough tools for cost and time tracking for wages etc calculation.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Asana has a simple to-do list-like interface that makes it easier to create tasks on the go as well as mark them complete when done. No need to fill quite long forms for creating tasks. But it gives the ability to use extra fields in case you need those.

Danny from Xometry

Asana is a solid project management web app but advanced features come at a cost

We use Asana to get organized and stay organized across teams. The ability to stitch together workflows between Asana and other web apps makes it a very flexible tool in our tech stack.

Pros

The ease of setting up multiple projects and the ability to assign teams to different projects at the same time. The combination of input forms, gantt charts, calendar views, and kanban board are really powerful and useful for different types of projects. Integration with other apps such as Zapier, HubSpot are key.

Cons

The user interface is too complex and overwhelming. Errant clicks create new tasks and archives unfinished tasks because almost the entire screen area is clickable for one function or another. Advanced features that make tools more useful such as a more advanced input form with logic jumps require a more premium tier of subscription.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Asana has more advanced features than Trello, which is more focused on kanban board and limited in scope. Although we are also on Atlassian Confluence and Jira, Asana was a more flexible tool for teams outside of Product and Dev.

Memory from The Production Group

Industry: Broadcast Media

Fantastic task management software!

I started using this software at a previous job then, when starting here, quickly found out that not all task-management tools are created equal. The one we were using was not very functional and people tasks were constantly getting lost in the shuffle. The other website designer that started after me had also used Asana before so we started using it to manage the development of the site we were designing. We told another team about it and they started using it as well. It eventually caught on and we convinced the higher-ups to purchase an upgraded plan and implemented it company wide. There are so many great features. It's impossible to narrow down my favorite. But I will say that it makes managing tasks so easy and helps my addled brain stay organized and focused. There are different modes for how you view your tasks allowing users to choose one that they prefer. For example, there's a calendar view, a list view, a Trello-type layout, and more. I also LOVE that it's offers so much flexibility in how tasks are organized. You can set up different teams and assign certain people to be in those teams. Within the teams you can create projects, then breaks those down into tasks. Within the teams you can create multiple levels of subtasks - for example, a subtasks inside a subtasks inside the main task. This is a really great feature for me, being a website designer, because there are so many steps involved in creating a site.

Pros

What's not to like?! The customer service is great, there are multiple training videos to help you learn about all the different features and how to use them, it's GREAT for staying organized when you have a million different projects you are working on at once, it makes delegating projects and tasks very easy... Beyond all the great task-related features, one of my favorite things is the quirky animations - when marking complete on a task you'll occasionally get a celebratory animation (kind of a geeky, digital pat on the back) my favorite being a unicorn that flies across your screen. This is obviously not something that's necessary or a way to help users stay more organized, but it is fun and adds a little extra flair to the software. (Yes, it's the little things that excite me. )

Cons

As with any software that is customizable and has a lot of features, there is a learning curve to using Asana. There are so many different settings and features, it can take a while to learn the ins and outs of using it. But, as I already said previously, they provide a plethora of training videos and have excellent customer service when you need to contact them. One specific thing I wish was different is how the repeating tasks are set up. As of now, when a task is set to repeat, the next task doesn't show up until the previous one has been marked as complete. It would be nice to see all the repeating tasks (especially in the calendar format) so you can get an accurate view of all the tasks you have coming up for the upcoming months. It's not a major inconvenience, but something I would suggest that the developers implement in a future update.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

RingCentral is really set up for inner-office messaging but there are some task-management features built into it. But it did not work well for us when we used it to assign and organize tasks. It's set up like a message board so when tasks were assigned, often times they would get overlooked it forgotten about because the assigned tasks would disappear above a bunch of other messages that were posted afterwards.

Meredith from FatCat Strategies

Great Baseline Project Management Software

Overall, we've been very pleased with Asana for our agency. While working remotely during the pandemic, it's been an invaluable resource to make sure our team is all on the same page across clients and projects. Custom fields, statuses, and comments have kept us all connected and allowed us to continue work just as if we were in the office together.

Pros

I love Asana because of the easy to navigate interface, visual organization, and ability to create custom fields that allow my agency to get the most out of our project setups. The ability to perform advanced searches is invaluable to our team. We create reports based on those searches to allow us to better track progress on certain projects and initiatives.

Cons

One major pitfall of Asana is the "Template" feature. With their templates, you have to create an entirely new project within a team in order to use a template you've created, drag the tasks to an existing project, and delete the new project you just made. It's essentially rendered this feature more of a hassle than a help. We would love to have the ability to choose a template and insert it into an existing project with ease. Also, a simple task template would be helpful, so that for routine tasks you perform for different clients, you could go to templates, tasks, and apply just ONE task to an existing project.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Function Point was clunky, disconnected, and difficult to navigate.

Britt from CrowdStreet.com

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Do you like lists? WOULD YOU LIKE MORE LISTS?

We tracks projects/Deals over 5 teams with lots of timescales and deliverables. We are trying to cut down on tools because we are spread across too many of them. In the beginning, there was order and decorum, right now, it's hard to find things, and silo'ed departments are doing better than cross-functionals.

Pros

We spent about 4 months talking about the move from Trello to Asana, and about 2 months implementing it. Asana has a great project tracking abilities, and for us, the ability to put the same projects in different portfolios (think folders) was key as many different departments need vision into the same projects, but don't want to organize/think like a different department. I like the integration with slack.

Cons

Right now we are in list overload. I literally have over 200 tasks overdue in Asana right now, and it can stress you out so much, you just want to avoid the whole thing all together. Also, if you company likes to iterate a lot, it can be hard to find what you're looking for, because rules keep changing. Right now it's a mess, and I'm sure that has more to do with us than Asana. We're 80 people, we're on the way to be 200, and I'm worried about how much crazier it will get. Also, I don't like that everyone has full view into all my tasks. Somethings would be nice to be private.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

cradle to grave project management and recall. And Product team was already using it.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

No reporting, no historicals.

The Ultimate Efficiency Accelerator

Altogether, I couldn't picture my work environment without the presence of Asana. The percentage increase in efficiency our team has noticed since integrating the software is substantially high. Personally, I love the large amount of unknown tools/features that I discover on a regular basis, and understanding how I can incorporate them into my workflow is always exciting!

Pros

Asana is a core platform for our business and team-cooperation associated with task management. Organizing assignments and ensuring deadlines are met has never been easier with amazing features such as time allocating & due dates, @mentioning teammates, colour-coding tasks based on their urgency and countless other additions. I found the product easily adaptable and very effective after initial setup, and the vibrant display as well as small animations on completing tasks are truly up-lifting.

Cons

Working alongside a smaller team, Asana didn't seem as the best option due to its slightly greater cost relative to its competitors, though as our business expanded we were content that we remained with the platform.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

My team and I noticed that working on larger projects became complex and inefficient, therefore switching to Asana was the correct solution as of its ease of use supported by its capability of handling greater forms of data.

Ronald from Myron Manufacturing

The tool you knew you needed

Asana has helped us to improve processes and communications. With the team clearly seeing where they're getting involved and also being notified of when they must jump in, productivity has increased. We can clearly track projects, small or large, and leave notes and questions whenever it's needed. Our corporation decided to stop using other tools and switch to Asana. The first steps were a bit rough but in a week everybody started to share the things they were learning and 2 weeks later everybody was used to it. With every chance we have we use it for more complex tasks and projects, and so far we are really thankful for the change. I must say that if we were a small company we probably wouldn't need all the flexibility Asana offers. Some of the competitors are more than enough for a small portion of the cost. But if your team is big enough and projects are very complex and frequent, Asana is the right tool for you to simplify it all as you always dreamed of.

Pros

I'm in love with its ability to easily track and manage projects that have many actors and tasks/subtasks. It includes all you need, from timeline to unlimited file sharing. It can be as good as a replacement for long email threads. In here you can keep al focused in the individual parts. The fact that you can have sections, tasks and subtasks also allows you to divide a project into phases/areas/modules, have a responsible for each and they can individually plan their tasks and subtasks. This won't remove the possibility of adding dependencies between sections and areas. Instead, it will give you the freedom to plan ahead from top to bottom. Beautiful! You can always reference other people, tasks, etc. and whenever these get renamed, all the references will instantly update. It's absolutely flexible: if you close a task by accident you can undo it. Actually, you can undo everything! No risk of breaking the entire project with a missclick.

Cons

The only downside I can find so far is that it doesn't have a private message feature. It does have a Conversations section but these are visible to everybody. This represents a challenge in case some sensitive information must be shared or discussed. I'm not really sure if this is by design since visibility is a clear goal for Asana, but it's a feature that you will probably start searching for really quick. However, if you are using Asana or some other internal chat tool you'll be covered. The other "kind of" downside is that Asana is so vast an good that it can take a while to get all the basic tricks, but no doubt it's probably the best documented application I've used, so it's just a matter of a bit of patience and searching when you want to know how to do something. The team still shares tips from time to time of things they discover and it's been a great experience.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Corp. request. We wanted to centralize all the management tools in only one.

Scott from Northwest Missouri State University

Keeping the Team on Task

Outstanding. My primary goal using Asana was to replace the traditional procedure manual with something more robust and dynamic. The ability to schedule, repeat, and assign tasks means I complete and and forget it and until I'm reminded on the next cycle. Everything I need is contained in the project.

Pros

Easy to enter data and uploading of attachment to tasks. Very much appreciate the ability to have a conversation about the task in the task and not fill up my email. Customizable fields are a huge plus because I can track details and progress in a manner that meets my work style. Like the ability to drag and drop and colorize different things to make spotting what I'm looking for easier.

Cons

Although you can add followers to tasks, inability to assign multiple team members to the same task without duplicating the tasks is frustrating. There several small user interface things I would improve about Asana. I wish the project list could own the entire left hand column instead of sharing with with other high level functions. Those could be moved to the top. Having to click "Show more Projects" to view the whole list is unnecessary.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

We were already using the free version and had loaded up lots of information into the system. Switching to a different system with minimal differences would not be worth it. Different systems work differently, but they all accomplish roughly the same tasks. No significant benefits would be gained from making the change.

Brandon from The Hatton Group

Asana is the one!

Pros

Asana is super easy to use. We have been using it for a few years now. I did a free trial for Monday.com, Smartsheet and Asana. After testing all three the choice was obvious and clear. Asana was the best in my mind. From it being so easy to learn how things work and the way everything looks in Asana vs the other tools I tried, Asana was the no brainer. We are on the Business plan which I would advise anyone to use. The rules are simple to create for automation of task assignments, statuses and lots of other things.

Cons

There really isn't anything I don't like about this software.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I feel Asana is superior to all these. There may be some aspects that Asana can't do that the others can. But I feel Asana is so much easier to learn than the other ones. So I felt it would be easier to get the rest of my team onboard. I think the company has a great vision for what the future of team collaboration looks like.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Asana is way easier and the outline of they way things are is superior.

Easy to Learn, Good Integration with Other Tools

Big uptick in efficiency for our team, especially when members set their own schedules and everyone can see it so it keeps them accountable. It's a good bridge between oldschool project management styles with a timeline and agile styles leaving flexibility for a team to decide whats best for them.

Pros

Asana has been great for keeping our team on track! We've seen a big increase in efficiency and delivery as we started to use it! One great thing about the tool is integration with other software, including email reminders and the possibility to set tasks from slack. Integration between project timeline and kanban boards is also easy, as is integrating small tasks into the larger project plan.

Cons

It's difficult to view dependencies between projects, as well as to view all projects together on the same timeline. This has had to be manual calculations, which is less ideal for our team. Now we have a team which is not all on the same domain name so we aren't structured as an organization; I'm not sure but this might change in organization view.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Monday.com was too expensive, and jira required more customization than we wanted to spend.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

We wanted to move to agile project management

Dino from Ypsilon Institute

Love using Asana for personal task management as well as for team collaboration in our organization

I've started using Asana a couple of years ago as I was searching for a tool that would help me manage all my tasks in a list view. Up to that point, I was using a note-taking app for that but was lacking structure in it, and when I discovered Asana, it gave me just that - structure for managing my multiple projects more efficiently and effectively by having an overview of all the projects and even better an overview of most important (daily) tasks. Later we also implemented Asana within our organization which gives us an overview of all the work, tasks that we need to execute on in order to successfully complete our projects.

Pros

What I like the most, when it comes to team collaboration in Asana, is task assignment function as we can simply assign tasks to each other and combined with Slack integration we immediately get notified about that in Slack as well. That way we really improved task tracking and execution. One thing that I find very useful is that Asana enables both list view and Kanban view, as later is especially appreciated by some of my coworkers.

Cons

I wouldn't say there is anything I don't like about Asana, just one thing that I would really like to see is that there could be more people assigned to one task instead of needing to be followers.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

When choosing a work management tool a few years ago I was deciding between Asana and Trello and since Asana was offering List View I decided to go with Asana.

Asana is my favorite Kanban Product

I personally have had a dandy time with the product and would use it over Trello any day of the week. I think that the team has a great dev schedule and constantly improve the product and entire platform, clean up tech debt and make older services faster. The API docs can use some work but it is not a huge deal once you get used to them. I would tell anyone looking for a pro-featured Kanban setup to use Asana time and time again. Hands down my favorite and I have used a ton of them.

Pros

Asana gives you the tools to customize and even a great APi to leverage data from Asana into your own tools. Nothing can beat that. Yes it costs money, but you are getting a tool set that is worth the price. If you are looking for something cheap, this is not for you because you would not use all the features anyway.

Cons

Asana has a learning curve but has good docs to support you. The custom data aggregation or getting data OUT of the tool is hard, but again, can be done. I had issues that were solved by customer support. Just be ready for some additional time if you plan to write a custom app that uses the API

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Better support and better API - Atlassian has more downtime then they know what to do with.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Atlassian has taken over the space and made all their products the same. They need to chill out and not take over the space and make a monopoly out of these services.

Fillipe Neyl from Agência WX

Could be so much better if listened to their users

All of this made me look for "the source", I found Wrike and saw that everything Asana was releasing and charging more for it, was already availble in Wrike even before Asana. So we moved to Wrike and we're happier than ever ;-)

Pros

Asana changed the way we managed tasks and projects. The secret of Asana is the granular way you can create tasks. You start just typing the task name and decide what other information you should input and when. There's no friction at all, YOU are in control of it. With just the press of the "Enter" on your keyboard, another task os created, and so on. The magic happens when you start to input more info, the assignee, the due date, the custom fields, and much more. From a simple task list Asana becomes a powerful task management system.

Cons

Well, after so many great things I mentioned, it's clear that yourself and your team will evolve in task managment. The issue with Asana starts there. The need for more functionality becomes a pain, specially reporting, built in time tracking and things you discover other apps already offer for the same price Asana is charging you. The users start to complain a lot on the Asana Community, speccially after the removal of the dashboard feature (that needed an upgrade) and launch of the Portfolio feature , the upgrade Dashboard needed so badly... the thing is you could only get the the new feature paying double per user (the new Business Plan). Paying users started to lose trust in Asana after this, myself included. The thread about this is the one with most comments on the Asama Community forum. But after more than a year, customers only get canned responses. Another popular complaint is the one with hundreds of paying costumers asking Asana to remove a very disturbing colorful banner asking you to upgrade to the Business Plan. Everyone in yout team is gonna see it and even being a paid user there's no way of hiding it.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Batter functionality, they listen to their users much more .

Robert from Bridgewater Web Services

Leading project management software for good reason

We went from a major competitor, one with a lot of card-based tracking, that was not as effective with prioritizing tasks. Asana has been much more effective in connecting operators and managers with their day-to-day tabulation of work and awareness of deadlines.

Pros

The ability to bring in all members of a team and see the workflow from conception to completion is why Asana is the best for project management software. Integration of tasks, files and prioritized milestones are all top of the line here.

Cons

The financial side of things are better managed with third-party software, as the interface can be less than intuitive at times, but the good news is that the Asana customer support team is excellent if you have questions about integrating bookkeeping software.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Price point and mobile device support was in Asana's favor.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Asana has more features, is better suited to mobile device support and is much better for scaling up from one or two users to dozens or even hundreds of users.

Shashank from Dotsquares

Easiest Way to Manage Your Team Work and Tasks Handling

We have many promoting enactments spread over different time spans and over numerous brands we own. Having the option to arrange the entirety of this successfully and keep everybody on time has been a huge assistance and has spared us endless long stretches of time. We utilize this apparatus day by day to keep everybody on target, and I was unable to be more joyful with the outcomes. We have seen an improvement in announcing guidelines since we began utilizing Asana. Colleagues are straightforward and it is anything but difficult to see everything and help those that are having difficulties finishing ventures.

Pros

It's anything but difficult to actualize and to installed new clients. The interface is alluring and instinctive. New highlights are showing up at regular intervals - the as of late included Portfolio/Workload include is splendid. Presently I get the Gantts I have to screen my group's remaining task at hand and our numerous undertakings. Incredible labeling and search capacities make it exceptionally easy to monitor our horde promoting enactments and all their related expectations. Including subtasks and including teammates errands makes it extremely simple to monitor who needs to do what and by when. Different perspectives like records, schedules, and kanban sheets make it open to everybody in the group who thinks and cycles data in an unexpected way. The UX is perfect and basic, and the 'my undertakings' and 'inbox' highlights help us all monitor what's going on in our allocated zones.

Cons

The main con I have is that there is fairly a lofty expectation to absorb information for a portion of the further developed highlights, and there's some genuine reasoning and truly difficult work needed to get everything spread out and composed in the device and afterward get everybody onboarded. Be that as it may, I think this is likely going to be the situation with any group embracing a task the executives instrument. Despite the fact that it gives the choice to make sure about archives and information from altering by empowering the remark just element, it doesn't limit survey of the information of which it is a component they can add to ensure there is choice on who can see information among the colleagues.

Vanessa from GFI

Asana helps me stay organized and on track, it's not always perfect but it's always improving

I use Asana a daily basis in my work and personal life. I get my thoughts laid out and am sure to enter all of the tasks I need to keep on my radar so they are out of my head and I can sleep at night! I love how I can also I love the basic set up of Asana. I had been using it for years in my jobs, my business, and even my personal life. I love how well it helped me keep track of my tasks and projects. It helps me see what I need from different views but also keep items on my radar in my own projects while keeping them on the radar on my teammates projects. I love all of the features it has and keeps adding. And most of all I really appreciate that even though it is not a perfect tool it is constantly improving. Their Rules (automations) seem like a great start as it is a new feature, I'm already making use of it. It's very helpful that tasks can live in multiple projects and that you can switch from different views (previously you had to pick one and could not change it). The custom fields come in handy all of the time!

Pros

I love the basic set up and that you can switch between different views (when previously you had to choose one). Portfolios are great for keeping an eye on multiple projects. Having the ability to add tasks to multiple projects is a big plus and very helpful so that tasks can be seen from various perspectives. It's helpful also having the tag feature to group related tasks from various projects. It's great that I can add emails straight to the projects as tasks and it's clickable so if I need to get more info or reply to the email its easy to find and open. Custom fields are incredibly helpful so we can get the customized information that we need. Forms I a great feature as well though I haven't been able to get much use of them as they are right now.

Cons

There are minor items that I'm not satisfied with. Automations/rules are very limited & it seems unnecessary to limit the # per project. The triggers & actions are also pretty limited but I understand this is a newer feature. I wish they'd incorporate tags into the automations. It also seems that the Gmail extension has not been updated in a long time. I wish some of the features were incorporated. For instance, I'd like to note what section of a project a task goes in while saving it. It's not very helpful if I need to go & find it in Asana to edit it. I wish there were a better way to work with templates, I don't like that templates look like regular projects in your list. It'd also be great if we could have templates for tasks as well. I wish there was a way to organize your favorites, perhaps by having sections. It'd be helpful if milestones could have a start & end date. The inbox is a bit overwhelming, it seems to capture everything & while you can just focus on the important items (like mentions) it still feels cluttered when you're on the main view & see every little update. Reporting could be improved on. It's a bit glitchy whenever you make a change to the report, you have to resave & also the only format that is helpful to me is the CSV but I wish it would produce a Google sheet & I wish we could control what fields get exported. I wish forms had more conditional logic as I can't really use them well as is.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

This was at a previous job. Asana was much better for our needs and cost less I believe.

Rachel from Truth Matters Ministries

This is your new (improved) pile of sticky notes

Love Asana and how it's improved our organization and functionality, especially with a completely remote team working together across timezones.

Pros

LOVE being able to label, sort, prioritize, date, assign, attach files to items, create sub lists, and so much more to organize multiple complex projects with a team. Especially helpful when everyone works remotely! Helps you keep your brain free for problem solving, processing, conversations, and dreaming rather than trying to hold deadlines and details and project flows at the same time. Your team will communicate more efficiently with notifications. LOVE IT!

Cons

It can be a little complex to get the hang of, but for basic use it's a pretty simple learning curve. Getting into timelines, sub lists, etc takes a little work, but is totally worth it. The other caveat is that you have to commit actually using it all the time to keep it updated and accurate. Again, totally worth it.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Was using Trello before, and while it worked for us, once our projects became more numerous and complicated for that system, we moved over to Asana and it totally helps us take care of all of our project details for the entire team. LOVE being able to free up brain space used to track with little details before Asana.

A must have for geographically disperse teams

Love it! Can’t live without it. I’m better at my job and better at working with my team because of it.

Pros

I use this tool to stay organized and provide visibility to my teammates with my individual work. I also use it to implement processes for planning and task management for a team that sits across three different regions in the world. It really helps keep us all on the same page.

Cons

It is easy to get disorganized with this tool. You really need to manage what you create. It can get messy and confusing if you don’t use the features intelligently.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Trello was too simplistic and couldn’t fit all of our needs for the different types of project planning we wanted to do.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

I found Wrike to be less user friendly. I was not as impressed with the interface. Wrike just feels more difficult to navigate and it doesn’t point you in the right direction like Asana does. Asanas templates are a game changer.

Asana for Digital Agencies

I solved the workload of every member of my team and the priority of each task. I was able to have a clear and open vision of the situation with each client and deliver their requests on time. It was very helful to us.

Pros

I used Asana for 1-2 years while I was working on a Social Media Agency. It helped me a lot to organize my team. I was able to track all the tasks in their differents stages and also I could know the workload of every member of my team. Also I integrated Asana with my Gmail and created tasks from there, very easy and quickly.

Cons

When I started using Asana, I had trouble copying and pasting images directly from the email body. Then when they achieved integration with Gmail, this was resolved. Also, email notifications were quite annoying until I learned how to disable them. Maybe they could add a feature to only send email notifications for important tasks.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Because it was easier for the whole team to understand how it works. The visualization of the tasks is friendlier than the Trello cards.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 9,863 reviews