BambooHR

BambooHR Reviews

RATING:

(1980)

• icon"Bamboo is a great way to see HR related announcements and data in one central place. For someone who likes details, this software is great."
  • icon"Obviously you can contact their great customer service team but this usually isn’t needed thanks to its simplicity and great clean layout."
  • icon"Bamboo has a great UI, easy to manage and learn. Makes being able to submit time-off requests super easy."
  • icon"We had a terrible experience with the payroll feature. In particular, with the time keeping piece."
  • icon"This is just a minor inconvenience though and ensures that mistakes are less likely."
  • icon"Horrible interface, difficult to use. Also, getting any information about the candidate was difficult to find."

Browse all BambooHR Reviews

• Have you used BambooHR and would like to share your experience with others?

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,894 reviews

Jimmy

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

June 2022

All-in-One

Elyes

Bamboo Hr Review

Pros

BambooHr is one of the best tool, it have a very friendly UI, Calendar of days off is very helpful. The integration with other tools is a very big plus for BambooHR.

Cons

One of the point of improvement is to fix some glitch and to give the administrator more stuff to customize from UI point of view.

Angelique

One stop HR & Performance Management Solution

Overall this product really is a one stop HR shop - it will easily minimize your HR time spent each week with the features it contains and give you an incredible level of feedback through the reporting the system offers.

Pros

When I first trialled the system I immediately saw how easy it was to use and how customizable it was but with very easy implementation. My favourite features were the onboarding, performance management and reporting as well as how well laid out everything was and clean smart design that was user friendly.

Cons

The only thing I didn’t like about the system was the price - it was very expensive - not unreasonably for what you get but for smaller companies it is quite expensive.

piyush

March 2022

Excellent tool for HR service and employee tracking.

- I say by shorts words this is the Suburb tool, really I like it and recommend the all company to use this tool. we can say that "All in one tool"

Pros

- Tool is running smoothly with heavy features, so this is the main and major advantage for this tool. - All the features like electronic signature, performance and workflow and approval management are available in this tool. - Display employee's real-time information such as birthdays and work anniversaries. - The best feature is that employee recruitment process and vacation time related to HR. - Nice UI. - Easily understand all the features that don't require any documentation.

Cons

- Need to add payroll features. - i observed that Not allows to add the minutes like 10min,15 min in leave(time off) features that's disadvantages. - All things need to add section for complaint directly to higher management

Víctor

September 2022

It is very popular among the startups but I prefer other solutions

Using Bamboo at my previous company - It is just very basic comparing with other platforms

Pros

It meet the basics. Employee profile, download some data, time management, holidays

Cons

Performance review is a separate module and needs an additional payment (too expensive). Not good for Payroll in Spain

Reasons for switching to BambooHR

well, even if Bamboo is not the best tool, it was better than the previous one

Jeff

Bamboo HR, a slick but severely limited recruiting software

As stated, the BHR system is a recruiters dream and makes the talent acquisition process easier for those businesses that are only using the job boards to get applicants. Just don't expect much more after that.

Pros

The look an feel of BambooHR (BHR) is amazing! Its almost like Facebook for recruiting. It is very intuitive for what it does and offers to the administrator and end user. The applicant tracking system is very easy to use and goes the extra mile with automation and thoughtfulness concerning on-boarding and then " flowing" into the core HRIS. The BHR system was chosen by a previous HR professional that clearly had a recruiting bias. Although important, more vetting should have been done to make a sound choice for long term success regarding the needs of a small to mid-size business.

Cons

Beyond what I described above there is limited functionality without also purchasing and integrating other systems through a "bolt-on" approach. By "Bolt-on" I mean that BHR will not automate between the core HR system of BHR and a timekeeping system, a payroll system, benefits administration system, leave administration system. The ability to have a robust system is possible but is not practical or cost effective with BambooHR. In order to get a full platform, covering the full life cycle of and employee, through BHR, a business would have to pay upwards of 30-40 dollars per employee per month. Simply put other options are available and far more robust with better long term results for less money- See my review of APS Payroll for an example.

Reasons for choosing BambooHR

Price and lack of proper education as to the actual functionality and potential cost of the system beyond on-boarding.

Ashwini

October 2022

BambooHR Review

Customer Support is fabulous; always prompt on your queries.

Pros

The market place for BambooHR to integrate across other products is wide and hugely helpful in organizations wherein there are other products, it is helpful. Implementation is super easy.

Cons

The product features in comparison to global products is limited. As an organization, when you are scaling across other geographies, the features throw a challenge.

Not Applicable.

Reasons for switching to BambooHR

Looking for a global product

Sneha

September 2022

For all your employee needs with ease of service

I really liked using BambooHR for my company. It was easy to find a place to get all information for my company's employees and rosters. I recommend companies use this application for all their business needs.

Pros

BambooHR made it very easy for all things paycheck to employees. Whether it be to see employee roster or paycheck confirmations, I like its easy to use format. Customer service is also helpful when changes or assistance is needed.

Cons

The one thing is I don't like the interface usage, it is not natural to understanding, but once you understand the interface and where to find reports and rosters, it is better.

Melissa

June 2022

Easy HRIS Tool for Small-Mid Size Companies

Pros

This software is very easy to customize to your organization's individual needs - especially if you are a start-up or small scale-up business. BambooHR also integrates with a lot of tools making the value skyrocket. It's also visually extremely easy to use and set up, and running reports is simple and fast.

Cons

We're moving into being a bigger size company which is complicated our workflow and the number of tools/integrations that we have set up with it. We're having to do a lot of different customization which means it's adding a layer of complication to our daily jobs. We now need something a little bit more robust. It would also be ideal to have different access level permissions as different people in the HR Team need to have specific access to data and information, while others don't.

Keith

Industry: Food Production

February 2022

Too simple for it's own good

We currently use BambooHR as an HRIS, and previously used it as an ATS. The employee database software is user friendly, but offers no customization. We inevitably switched our ATS to a different software because of these same concerns.

Pros

It's very user friendly. You don't need to be very tech savvy to use the various features available in BambooHR.

Cons

There is no customization available. If a feature is not available, there is no customization available to help tailor this program to your companies needs.

Reasons for choosing BambooHR

It seemed like the most user friendly and offered the best compatibility with our existing programs.

Reasons for switching to BambooHR

We were looking for a program that ties all of our systems into one program (HRIS/ATS/Sales Database and compatibility with ADP Payroll).

Kieran

December 2021

Does the job

Pros

Nice layout Global Calendars Team Structures Hiring permissions

Cons

Lack of hiring analytics Calendar sync Customizable Your Circle

August 2022

Easy to Use HRIS

I love Bamboo! Very happy with it, and excited to see what the future holds.

Pros

The product is very easy to use. The customer support is incredible. The system is aesthetically pleasing. Bamboo listens to feedback and is always updating and releasing new features based on customer feedback.

Cons

Some features are not the most robust. Time tracking and reporting specifically. Bamboo does not have built-in scheduling. The employee notes feature could be more like applicant notes (replies, attachments, email notifications).

Reasons for choosing BambooHR

Ease of use, better customer support, better features.

Jenna

Bamboo for Childcare Business

We have noticed such a huge difference in our management of HR since implementing this system. There are tons of things that we are doing now that we would have never thought possible before using Bamboo.

Pros

Our business truly benefits from being able to track due dates for trainings and documents. Because we are education, there are a ton of clearances, health forms, and professional development that must be completed. Keeping this all up to date has been done in the past on spreadsheets and not available to everyone to see. Now we can access this as admins and be able to verify things are being done when they are needed. We have also really enjoyed the integration of time tracking, to timesheets, to payroll. It has made our managers lives easier and saved a ton of time for them. it has also made everything seemless for me to run payroll and process benefits without thinking about it too much or taking multiple days to get it done.

Cons

I feel like we would really benefit from a follow up training or someone to talk to. Kind of like implementation where someone would just check in to see if you could be using things better or differently to be more effective. We do reach out to support a ton and they are great!!

Reasons for choosing BambooHR

Bamboo seemed much more user friendly. We really wanted the system not to be scary to our staff and managers.

Reasons for switching to BambooHR

Cost, customer service, ease of use

Tracie

Industry: Libraries

February 2022

This brought us into the modern world

This has been a game changing addition to our department and I don't know what I would do without it. The customer service is better than any other vendor I have EVER worked with.

Pros

We are a small HR team and tracked everything on spreadsheets. This took an exorbitant amount of staff time to keep updated. I love the time tracking, our mother organization deducts leave one month after it is taken and so no one ever really knew how much leave they had. The electronic signature feature has been a game changing time saver. Supervisors being able to view employee documents at any time without having to come to our main location to pull the heavy paper file has been fantastic. And I always have current data at my fingertips including historical items that we used to have to go wade through old memos to reconstruct.

Cons

There's not much to not love. I wish there were a few more features on the application part. I wish I could have files stored that employees could fill out and forward to us without having to ask us to send them a signature request.

Reasons for choosing BambooHR

Customer service, they offered a free trial, user interface, and ease of use

November 2022

Bamboo HR keeps me sane and in compliance.

Pros

I am not an HR professional, I am a nonprofit executive Director and an organization that grew from one staff to 20 in about a year and a half. I don’t really know what I’m doing often. Human resources is one of those things that i could not justify hiring for. We have a board member who is an HR professional, and two lawyers on our board, so if things did get crazy, I knew I had people to keep me in compliance legally with the situation, but I needed some help with the day today. We have three physical locations and bamboo helps ensure that we don’t have important, confidential documents getting lost. Managers can update things in real time and it is amazing. We use the integrated payroll, pay traX, because honestly I’m lazy and why would I do more work when my time is valuable. I love being able to do the performance reviews and satisfaction surveys. I love the asset management feature so I can keep copies of peoples drivers licenses, even shirt sizes, and of course the training that they do.

Cons

Bamboo is a little spendy, but honestly you can’t afford not to invest in it.

Reasons for choosing BambooHR

Bambee was expensive and seemed inferior

Edwina

Quick Win

Pros

Simple. Cost effective. Robust. User-friendly.

Cons

Performance management product is over simplified.

Price. Ease of use.

Modernization.

Ahmad

All Information In One Place With Many Features

It is a beautiful application that distinguishes it from other similar applications in that it contains the feature "360 Degree Feedback" that brings employees' ideas closer and helps the success of the work

Pros

What I liked the most about this application is “360 Degree Feedback” which is a feature that I did not find in many similar softwares

Cons

It is a very good software but it does not have a feature "Scheduling"

BambooHR contains "360 Degree Feedback" feature that is not contained by kiwiHR

BambooHR has a nice interface, easy UX Design

Overall, I have been pleased. You are able to brand it and really use it to your brand or company's advantage. I would recommend it for updating staff information and keeping track of PTO and Vacation hours. It makes it easy to make all these requests and view approvals as well. Since we are a big organization, it helps us to see the hierarchy or company staff map.

Pros

This software allows you to input a lot of information for every staff member. You are able to access birthdays, anniversaries, work start date, division, group, photos. You are able to see statistics and reports as well. The interface makes it easy to figure out and request custom views for the backend.

Cons

I dislike that the feed for new staff disappears and is not archived anywhere. If you don't catch the 5 that show up, you cannot go back retroactively to read other profiles of employee spotlights.