BambooHR Reviews

Our advisors have recommended this product 70 times in the last 30 days

Browse BambooHR Reviews

Jeremy from Masis Staffing Solutions

BambooHR Turns a Small Business into a Big Business

I enjoyed it more than other recruiting software I've used. It makes work easier and helps me be a manager instead of a paper pusher.

Pros

I personally like that BambooHR has different portals for its users. They've built a database that allows employees to: 1. Maintain their own records (whether the company sends or user uploaded); track time off earned, sick days used, and hours worked; while allowing the user to sign documents easily electronically; and 2. Makes being an HR manager, easy. What I mean is, creating records (employees or temps) and ensuring they have all the blocks checked (background ran, drug test paperwork properly filled out, and any other documentation needing signed) within the timeframe needed to start working - is tracked, maintained, and recorded for you... so all in all, eliminates the monotony of HR and time wasted on paperwork while assisting managers/employees in ensuring proper compliance.

Cons

Well, I still had to scan any documents that weren't created or automated through the software and label them. For example, I work at a satellite location; the warehouse I staff for has a basketball court out back for employees to use on their break. I had to create a document that stated employees for my agency had to make sure they were clocked out, that they were responsible for any risk of injury and that the company and staffing agency would not be held liable for any resulting injury that may occur. The rest of the staffing agency didn't need this so I still had to print out 50 copies, have each employee sign one, upload it, file it in the employee file in the software, label it, then give the copy back to the employee. This really is not an issue unless if turnover is high, this could get annoying.

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Tempworks was costly and would charge for the smallest customer service help. The software was clunky and was confusing to keep track of employees. Too much time wasted on checking and unchecking employees assigned and the "hot lists" was time consuming to manage.

Travis from Wilson Electronics

Excellent choice for SMB's

Needed an affordable HR system that could do everything we needed it to. For the most part it does, but we have to use ADP for our Payroll to satisfy that aspect of our business, including our time keeping and vacation. We use a different Applicant Tracking System for recruiting and hiring, but everything else goes through BambooHR.

Pros

The user interface is perfectly logical and easy to navigate. Very simple format with ability to handle complex scenarios.

Cons

The time keeping and payroll features are bolt ons. It would be nice to have fully integrated, inhouse designed and operated options for a 100% complete all-in-one system.

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

Affordability, and their HQ is a few hours up the road from us in our home state. We liked the idea of working with the home team.

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

100% ADP, but transitioned away from ADP for everything but payroll, timekeeping, and vacation tracking.

Jeff from Oklahoma Arthritis Center

Bamboo HR, a slick but severely limited recruiting software

As stated, the BHR system is a recruiters dream and makes the talent acquisition process easier for those businesses that are only using the job boards to get applicants. Just don't expect much more after that.

Pros

The look an feel of BambooHR (BHR) is amazing! Its almost like Facebook for recruiting. It is very intuitive for what it does and offers to the administrator and end user. The applicant tracking system is very easy to use and goes the extra mile with automation and thoughtfulness concerning on-boarding and then " flowing" into the core HRIS. The BHR system was chosen by a previous HR professional that clearly had a recruiting bias. Although important, more vetting should have been done to make a sound choice for long term success regarding the needs of a small to mid-size business.

Cons

Beyond what I described above there is limited functionality without also purchasing and integrating other systems through a "bolt-on" approach. By "Bolt-on" I mean that BHR will not automate between the core HR system of BHR and a timekeeping system, a payroll system, benefits administration system, leave administration system. The ability to have a robust system is possible but is not practical or cost effective with BambooHR. In order to get a full platform, covering the full life cycle of and employee, through BHR, a business would have to pay upwards of 30-40 dollars per employee per month. Simply put other options are available and far more robust with better long term results for less money- See my review of APS Payroll for an example.

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

Price and lack of proper education as to the actual functionality and potential cost of the system beyond on-boarding.

Michelle from SoftWear Automation, Inc

Industry: Industrial Automation

Great Product For the Basics a Mid-sized Company Needs

I have not had a single problem in over two years that could not be corrected with an email or chat, both within 15 minutes.

Pros

Everything from rollout to daily use is logical - no crazy steps, no GUI, just all the information stored in one location (customizable) and with electronic signatures. Reporting is simple with canned reports as well as the option to create reports using any field that exists in the database.

Cons

Assigning various roles (Admin/Ops, Leadership, Mid-manager, etc) can feel a little clunky, but it's only because there are soooo many options, which is a good thing. It's just the one thing that takes longer. Having a position title transfer to a job title (ATS to employee) would also be helpful; it seems a double step to hire someone for a new role, but need to go back into the setting to create that title.

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

We went from a recruiting platform to BambooHR to take advantage of an ATS to employee model.

Christina from US Extruders Inc

Middle of the road software that needs improvement

We are currently researching other HR software. I'm not sure which is better, software that contains the modules needed with obvious and crippling flaws or software that is easy to use both by admin and employees with limited modules.

Pros

The idea of on-boarding a new employee electronically is a huge plus. It engages employees before they start and makes it so that they come in with paperwork already filled out and spend their first day doing more than just paperwork. Most of the framework is in place, but EACH area needs improvement, both in the functionality for administration and the ease of use for employees. The sections offered are vital, but aren't complete.

Cons

The benefits area is lacking a lot of common sense tools - like the ability to attach plan documents to an insurance plan (only a link can be used), display plan cost information to an employee BEFORE they sign up (the pricing is only available AFTER they sign up and become eligible). Many things like this create double the amount of work for the administrator. The actual on-boarding process was a struggle because even though the forms were done properly by the employees (I sat with a few and watched them), it didn't save all information in completed fields. Employees were frustrated when they had to fill out forms multiple times because you cannot edit once saved. I love that employees can e-sign documents, but preparing the forms is cumbersome and they can't be customized easily. For instance, if you need to update a form because something has changed or didn't save properly, you have to delete the task and resend to any employees who need an updated form. When I discussed a few very basic items with support, they just offered a work around that many clients use. These are obvious flaws in the system that need to be addressed, but aren't necessarily a priority. Bamboo HR seems to focus more on flashy design than actual content. It makes them seem like a leader in the industry, but as soon as you dig in, the flaws are obvious. For the price, there needs to be more development in the software.

Ahmad from NRC

All Information In One Place With Many Features

It is a beautiful application that distinguishes it from other similar applications in that it contains the feature "360 Degree Feedback" that brings employees' ideas closer and helps the success of the work

Pros

What I liked the most about this application is “360 Degree Feedback” which is a feature that I did not find in many similar softwares

Cons

It is a very good software but it does not have a feature "Scheduling"

BambooHR contains "360 Degree Feedback" feature that is not contained by kiwiHR

Lee-Ann from Vistek

Easy to use, affortabe solution

We love it. It absolutely meets the needs of small to medium businesses with great value for your dollars.

Pros

The look and feel of the software. Great organization charts with clear view to all people in the company with employee pictures, (which are extremely helpful for new staff). Simple to navigate, easy to integrate and great for recruiting and onboarding. Ability to customize.

Cons

Limitations in undoing transactions made in error when booking time off. Limited and light reporting and analytics Staff have the ability to book time off even when no time off is available

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

We liked the UX, the look and feel and the value for our money.

Danielle from Friends of the Earth

BambooHR - 10/10 Would Recommend

Overall, it's been a really great experience as an implementer, an admin, and a user.

Pros

I advocated for BambooHR for my company as its first HRIS, and I believed it would be a major benefit to our company, and it has been. It's a major bragging right of mine that I found BambooHR at a conference, convinced my boss to sign off on it, and executed the roll-out and got most staff on-board with it as a concept. So, I like most things about BambooHR. It's intuitive for users and administrators alike. The setup was as easy as setting up a new company-wide software could be, with hands-on customer service and a robust information center. The hiring tool is phenomenal, and I have gotten so many positive comments from managers about how much easier their hiring process was with the hiring tool. I like how y ou can submit software suggestions to customer service and they take your feedback into consideration, and new features get rolled out constantly. It's just a great place to keep everything in one place and make HR more efficient, and it's a super dynamic tool.

Cons

Honestly, there's not a lot I don't like about the software. When we first got it, I would say its lack of payroll integration, but it's since integrated TRAX payroll with the software, which our accounting team is now switching to.

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

It had a smarter, more dynamic, and less corporate-y interface than ADP. ADP felt very old school HR, while we are not old school at all, and Bamboo just made more sense in every aspect (besides payroll, initially, until Bamboo added TRAX) for our company.

Jay from Gaudin Porsche of Las Vegas

Simple to use and an absolute must..

Pros

The customer support is flawless, they practice what they preach. The product works exactly as delivered. Easy to use and great product support.

Cons

There have been no cons to the software. If i had one thing to say, I would like to an alternate platform to generate the monthly cost or a more transparent discount program based on headcount.

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

The integration was seamless and it has more horsepower than we will ever need. The support we receive has been 5 stars since the first day we called. This is a great platform!

Elizabeth from Holland Properties Inc

Love Love Love This

It has been great since the start. The staff from Bamboo Hr made the transition super easy.

Pros

Everything about this software is perfect. From the basic employee information to payroll and time tracking this app is your all in one Human resources/payroll app!

Cons

We have yet to find a flaw in this software or the people behind them.

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

It was a more complete software

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

This app integrates so many options, it was the smart thing to do.

Robust tool, but we don’t use all the features

Overall positive experience. It serves the purpose for what I use with org chart, time off management, storing benefits and company policies, and direct report and personal profile info.

Pros

I am a user of BambooHR and find it useful to accessing the company org chart. I can search by name to see who sits on what team. This is helpful since my company is growing and hiring a lot of people. It can be confusing in a virtual setting to know what teams people are on, so I check frequently. I also like how easy it is to request time off and approve requests from the manager side. These are the main 2 functions I use.

Cons

I think my company isn’t using all the functionality and we have some disjointed systems, but that isn’t a fault of the tool. Since I use the org chart feature most, it would be great to be able to click into names and see a basic profile with their contact info.

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Not sure since we still use ADP for payroll.

Lisa from Munck Cranes Inc

Top of the Line HRIS Software

I found Bamboo HR to be extremely useful and resourceful. I greatly enjoyed my free trial period and look forward to investing in using this software moving forward.

Pros

Bamboo HR is an all in one stop, shop, for everything an HR professional is looking for. Its extremely easy to use and set up and the capabilities are seemingly endless. I love the recruitment and onboarding included, which is not something you see with comparable products.

Cons

I really can't say anything negative about my experience with Bamboo HR.

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

Overall easy of use and advanced capabilities.

Great HR Information System for medium size business

Moved all employment contract management online, leave management, onboarding, offboarding, personal details maintenance through self serve functionality, process workflows and performance management.

Pros

Modern HR information system with great broad feature set for medium size businesses. Excellent for leave management, request, approval and tracking.

Cons

Is based out of the US and orientation is by default to US customers. Works for Australia customers but is a bit short on handling contractors, more permanent focused, and support hours do not cover Australia timezone which has caused some issues.

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

Great user interface, custimisable, simple to use and configure, right featureset and complexity for our size of organisation.

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

BambooHR offered us so much more in terms of features and functionality than we would ever invest to build internally. The user experience was modern and easy to use from signing up a new staff member, to onboarding them and maintaining their HR and Leave records. Removed significant risk from process errors, failed notification of employment changes and record keeping for signed contracts. Moved from paper to fully online!

Blaise from BraceAbility

Practical and effective HR tool!

We've had a great experience with BambooHR. Going into it we knew very little about the software and had just heard great things. Now that we've been on it for a few years I can say that the software has grown along with our business. It seems like BambooHR really takes the customers needs and requests to heart and tries to make the software fit each customers needs. We look forward to the new feature releases and just being able to use the software as it is for years to come!

Pros

My favorite thing about BambooHR, in general, is that they are always trying new things and releasing new features. They just released a sync feature that syncs with TRAX Payroll software and cuts out the time needed to reconcile the 2 systems. The software is very user-friendly and you are able to find a help article about nearly anything you could ever want to know. One of my favorite features is the e-signing you can set up for HR documents. Our on-boarding goes a lot smoother not having to print out each form and fill out by hand. The Hiring module also works great. In that module, I love the ability to rate each individual candidate and keep internal notes about them. I really appreciate the ability to track conversations had with that candidate within the module so I don't have to hunt down the communication in my inbox each time.

Cons

I've only been able to find one single thing that I would change about the software and that is that I would make it possible for one person to be a manager for operations purposes and another person manager for compensation purposes. I've ran into the problem where the operations person doesn't need to see the compensation of their co-worker, but another person at a VP level should be able to request and approve compensation, essentially skipping over the Operations Manager for compensation purposes. I haven't yet found a way around it, so we just eliminated the Operations Manager from the profile and have the VP listed as manager, but this doesn't change my opinion that I would recommend this to anyone!

Lisa from Mango Languages

Excellent product!

If you need to be FULLY integrated, this may not be the right solution for you - you would have look at their partnerships prior to implementation. But the integrations they lack, they have made up for it with the tools the provide.

Pros

We experienced a disaster when we migrated from Zenefits to another HRIS. While we experiencing such challenges, we found BambooHR and made the immediate switch. It has been a huge, pleasant adjustment for our company! After dealing with the customer service from Zenefits and the overall issues with the other HRIS, we finally landed in a place that provides a great product and great customer service that suits our needs. The implementation was incredibly smooth. Our rep, was knowledgeable, helpful, friendly, available, efficient, loyal to the brand, etc... She went above and beyond on all of her commitments, worked hard to keep us on track, and was available throughout all of implementation. Once we were in the product, I was concerned about not having an assigned Account Manager. But the customer service desk is well trained and a wealth of knowledge, so we have not needed an assigned account manager. Reports are incredibly easy to access, company metrics are incredibly easy to understand, the features provided solve all of our business needs, and employees enjoy using the product. Time off works well, the app is super helpful, the esign feature makes any HR project easier to complete, the approvals have kept all the correct parties in the loop. Onboarding has been a major improvement - new hires get to see their teammates before their first day, which new hires have loved! No glitches every time. So reliable. Lastly, they don't have contracts. They are a month-to-month service.

Cons

We wish there was more flexibility for integration, but I understand why they are choosy with their partnerships. We have to manually upload data into our payroll which has caused some errors. Also, the approvals aren't flexible. It's either all or nothing meaning - if a single participant involved in a multilevel workflow is out of the office, the entire approval is bypassed. I would like the flexibility to approve on the behalf of the absent individual while allowing the other participants to still play their part. Outside of that, we are very happy with the product.

Tony from Concentric

BambooHR is simple and user friendly but not built for large companies.

BambooHR software and management system is not the cheapest option out there but you get what you pay for. Well-organized, visually appealing tools that are simple to set up and run. This solution has an open API that allows the software to be integrated with a company's existing HR tech vendors, and the performance review function fits with the way more companies are working. I would suggest this product to small to medium companies.

Pros

BambooHr has allowed our management team to be on the same page with employee Management. Our managers are able to access our Bamboo account from anywhere, allowing them to keep updated on their team. This product also allows employees to enter & update their own personal information reducing user error. This software reporting has several automated functions for manual reports that my company generates for the corporate office. We continue to automate more processes with the help of the Bamboo development team. The onboarding and offboarding processes are streamlined and offer electronic onboarding, task assignments, and e-signature documents. Bamboo HR is able to support every aspect of employee administration and HR management.

Cons

The biggest complaint I have with BambooHr is their customer service and support team. While the team was really hands-on with us for implementation, the support has since left us to figure out our problems with the software ourselves and basically just sends us links to tutorials. The tutorials are ok but we usually end up having even more specific questions after watching them. It would be nice to see them be more hands-on after implementation.

Liana from PICPA

Industry: Philanthropy

Easy to use system that allows central tracking and reporting of most employee information.

BambooHR has been really helpful in storing and reporting on employee information, giving employees access to view their benefit and personal information, and I can't rave enough about the Applicant Tracking feature. As a one person HR department, BambooHR has allowed me to become a strong, communicative and organized recruiter in the midst of the million other things I do. As I learn more about email alerts and forms, I'm finding more and more ways for BambooHR to support and automate processes that otherwise take up a lot of time and paper. I love that you constantly seek, and act on, customer feedback to make continuous improvements that are relevant to improving our day to day operations. I love that you are responsive to questions and patiently provide guidance and instruction on how to use features. I don't feel like I've purchased this software, and fell into a black hole. The Bamboo team is accessible and supportive, welcoming questions and feedback. I look forward to learning more about how I can use BabmooHR's current features, as well as waiting to see what new features and updates you'll roll out next. Happy Bamboo-ing indeed!

Pros

BambooHR's customer support is second to none. How they find such cheerful, helpful people, I don't know. They are happy to work with you to help you get the most out of the system. The system is user friendly and can be customized in a lot of ways. You can report on any information in the system, with easy to use standard reports, or you can create your own. They constantly add features and make improvements based on customer feedback. In some cases, they can make requested changes immediately. But they really seem to listen to what you want, and work to get there. Employees can see and request updates to their information, as well as complete & submit forms electronically. I'm able to create approval workflows to support many request processes, allowing us to become more automated and maintain files electronically, which we can then report on. I love the applicant tracking system. I think it's the strongest feature they have, allowing collaboration with hiring managers, as well as communication with candidates. It's helped me manage and improve our recruitment process with the click of a button. All candidate records are maintained in one place, and can be seamlessly on-boarded.

Cons

It is only as good as the data you enter, and does not currently integrate with the other systems we use. So, it requires constant data maintenance to keep employee information up to date, for effective reporting. There's no seamless automation for benefit enrollment. The time off system is easy to use, but does not currently show enough detail to be useful for our needs. I hope that BambooHR will focus on automating the integration of information from other systems, and provide a simpler update of benefit plan information at year end.

May 2016

Beth from Challenger Companies, Inc.

May 2016

We love BambooHR and the customization possibilities it provides!

Pros

I did a lot of research on HRIS before choosing BambooHR. For those thinking about using BambooHR, really look at how your structure is set up and how you want it to work when the product goes live. For example, we have two divisions in two different locations. Both divisions are very unique and what one division needed the other did not. Getting this figured out before implementation will help alleviate the need for a lot of change once the system goes live. For our company, BambooHR was by far the best fit for us. The best thing about this product is the customization and the ease in which we were able to implement the system. From the time we decided to go with BambooHR to the time it was implemented and functional was a little over a month! My dedicated implementation specialist, Carol Brogdon was great to work with during the implementation of the system. I am not IT expert or tech person, and this was easy! The customization of the system allows (from the beginning) you to create a system in which each user can see as mush or as little of the information as needed. Since implementation, I have even been able to customize more information on the site that is specific to our needs with two different locations and divisions. The time off feature allows our employees to request time off from their smart phones or pc quickly and for our admin and foremen the calendar of "Who's Out" is extremely useful, especially for looking ahead and seeing who will be out on vacations or sick/holiday time. Anniversary dates and birthdays are visible and there is no longer a need to keep a spreadsheet with this information. The reports that can be generated on training, time off balances, licensing, etc has been a time saver. The ability to transform these reports into PDF, excel and even share custom reports as needed has been very beneficial to us. On-boarding, off-boarding, completing forms as needed has been extremely efficient utilizing the uploading of files and then setting up the signature templates (no more paper pushing or waiting for people to sign and return documents). Uploading files to share with all employees or just a few employees is also a great tool. We utilize the company announcements to send important information to some or all of our employees. The notes section has been invaluable for our managers to document information and if an employee moves to a new location, the new manager now has that information at their fingertips. Our employees can update their address, marital status, with-holdings, etc all from their dashboard. No longer do they have to wonder if the HR department has their most current information because they see what is on file for them with the company when they log in. We have yet to utilize the Job Openings component yet. This was a big draw, as we had experienced a large growth last year. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending) our hiring has tapered off, so we have not had the opportunity to try this out. As far as BambooHR responsiveness to any issues I have encountered, they have been very quick to resolve. I like that they are constantly trying to improve the product and take ideas and suggestions on areas of concern. This type of progressive thinking and action will make them and keep them a front runner in the HRIS world.

Cons

Like any product, the more you use it, the easier it seems. There were kinks to work out when we first went live. Permissions, setting up employee fields and email alerts all needed some tweeking, but again, the system and BambooHR support was great getting through the learning curve. I did opt to go with Maxwell health for the online health care enrollment piece and I have been live with BambooHR since January 2016 and I am still not live with Maxwell Health and do not know when I will be, so if you are thinking of that option, I would really look into other options as it does not seem to be as responsive or as dynamic as BambooHR despite what the sales pitch shows.

TJ from Huntington Steel & Supply

Industry: Mining & Metals

Cumbersome HR Processes Streamlined w/ BambooHR

BambooHR has revolutionized the way we do business. From top to bottom, our employees have nothing but great things to say about this software. Several cumbersome processes have been streamlined. For example, Bamboohr's applicant tracking system has given us the platform to compete for candidates who are not only more qualified but who also fit our company culture. Finding the right folks has decreased turnover and saved on training costs. The APS has streamlined our applicant workflow process. For instance, HR and managers now have the ability to work together in reviewing and scheduling applicants. This alone has yielded more qualified candidates in half the time. The PTO tracker is another Bamboohr feature our company absolutely loves. Prior to Bamboohr we used email and paper to track PTO. The double, sometimes triple, handling of requests was beyond frustrating. Employees now request off and receive their managers approval (or denial) within minutes. Employee records throughout the system are updated the moment their supervisor accepts his/her PTO request. Everyone enjoys managing their own PTO. Employee on-boarding is another process streamlined through Bamboohr. Candidate information is transferred from the APS to their employee record the moment he/she is hired. We customized bamboohr's on-boarding checklist to fit our company's needs. Any person, whether HR, manager or new hire, can be assigned items within a template checklist. Once a person is hired, the assigned items will automatically generate notifications to the appropriate person. Check-list notifications may serve as simple reminders to more complex messages requiring electronic signatures. Bamboohr's electronic signature feature recently has allowed us to enjoy our first "paperless" on-boarding experience!! BambooHR is without question a game changer.

Pros

APS is extremely effective. Sleek design gives companies competive advantgage. PTO tracker via mobile app is a game changer Paperless on-boarding is real!

Cons

none

Sarah E. from Dawson8a

Industry: Defense & Space

Bamboohr greatly increases the quality of candidate management

This must be one of the best human resource management services. Bamboohr is good for delimiting our work flow based on the number of employees with whom we work. It serves to communicate with employees, and with candidates to work in the company. It should be noted that bamboohr offers a very comfortable directory of employees. This software allows you a huge capacity regarding its deployment. Bamboohr It can be operated from any type of electronic devices since no type of installation is needed. Bamboohr customer support has a very acceptable response speed, as well as being very friendly at all times. It is the best services.

Pros

The platform offers us a good management of the documentation of our employees. It is easy to make detailed follow-ups about the activity of each employee, and their work time. The same thing happens with the follow-up of the candidates, and their abilities, because this is very complete. Another advantage of bamboohr is that the work can be organized so that specific employees can manage the rest. Bamboohr has proven to be a very reliable service, with which we can support all the work reports of our staff, and much more. The platform has also been of great help to achieve a more methodical workflow, and for the whole team to be aware of the skills and talents of each member of the team. Thanks to this we can create work strategies based on these skills.

Cons

Bamboohr offers a quite poor smartphone application. This is much better when used directly from the web page. The Platform does not offer enough communication tools. It does not handle motors of revision of curricular summaries, and neither it allows to administer criminal records (in the case of the candidates).

Kristie from Coconut Bliss

Industry: Food Production

Intuitive Software w/ Over-the-Top Customer Service

Saves me time & keeps applicant tracking, hiring and onboarding processes organized and smooth, employees like it, and we've taken several processes paperless with BambooHR.

Pros

When I rolled BambooHR out to my team, I had several people confess their initial reaction was, "oh no not another program to learn!" but once they got in there they were pleasantly surprised by how intuitive and easy it is to learn. They've done their research and crafted a solution that's simple and elegant, actually kind of fun to use, and does what all HR professionals hope their solutions will do - it saves me time! My favorite functions are the Applicant Tracking System and On & Offboarding checklists. I never want to hire without them! BambooHR has excellent tutorials with screenshots and videos, and they provide webinars on best practices and getting the most out of thier platform. I can often find answers to my questions in their Help pages, but if not, I can email or call their support team and often get help right away. Their user support is unmatched. They could write the book on customer service for tech support professionals.

Cons

One of BambooHR's greatest strengths is its simplicity, but that also has its drawbacks. It's not as customizable as some other options on the market. There are some things I wish it could do that it doesn't. They are always making improvements though, and what they do have works great. I'd rather use a somewhat limited platform that works great than deal with a fully customizable one that doesn't work great, or that's difficult to learn and a pain to use.

Keyana from IntuitSolutions

This might just be my personal all-time favorite software EVER.

Pros

Where do I even begin? All other HR systems out there should take note: BambooHR is how you do HR. My company was in need of software that dramatically cut down our paper usage, particularly for the onboarding process. The paperwork folder that I'd hand each new hire on their first day, was far too much and too overwhelming. With BambooHR, we are now able to have that onboarding process be completely electronic and have each new employee complete their new hire packet before their start date, at their leisure. That way, their first day (really, just about their entire first week) could be spent participating in valuable hands-on training sessions. No one wants to be bogged down with a massive folder of documents on their very first day at work, and the likelihood of employees retaining any of that information while a ton of other thoughts and nerves are flying through their heads on that first day, is VERY low. With BambooHR, new and veteran employees can revisit that information anytime they'd like. The PTO feature is top-notch: employees can view a time-off calendar within the software and request off without having to physically check-in with HR or their direct reports, first. All that's needed from me or directs, is approval or denial of such requests. Job benefits, bonuses, raises, and a whole slew of other job-related information can be tracked in BambooHR, making it the most comprehensive, easy-to-use HR software that my company has ever used.!

Cons

There are, in all honestly, absolutely no cons to this software. It'll fit into any company's budget, and I promise, your employees will enjoy it just as much as your HR team does.

Best HR Software around!

TIME!! I have so much more time!

Pros

Bamboo really strives to make their product easy to use. Their help section is filled with many different how to articles with picture and most often a video tutorial. I really like to 30/30 product updates they do, every 30 day they send out a video showing the new updates to the software for the last 30 days and what they are going to be working on for the next 30! This is constantly showing me all the different way to use Bamboo! They also will help create sections and tables so you can customize the program a lot. We also use it for performance management. We have heard that some people don't like that the limit the total number of questions in the review section we LOVE IT! We use the review period to "check in" with our employees and use the few basic questions to start a conversation about how happy they are with work and it has done amazing things for our company!

Cons

At the beginning it was a little difficult to get all of our custom tables set up and functioning the way we wanted but I think that was just some misunderstanding on my part, just not being a programmer! Bamboo has amazing customer service so they were happy to help make any changes we needed and made sure we were happy with everything at the end! For the software being as amazing as it is and the fact that Bamboo is always improving I don't know if I would even necessarily call it a con but the price is a little high. For our needs the benefits Bamboo offer are defiantly worth the cost!

Lilian from Infinity Consulting Solutions

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

BambooHR makes HR processes more organized

I recommend using BambooHR as this program makes managing of human resources much easier. I can tell for sure that it will suit to any kind and size of business. If you still doubt, just try its free version. I am sure your HR team will like it a lot.

Pros

I like that I can check all the documentation which is connected to each of employee. So you do not need to have thousands of folders saved on your computer. Everything is already stored correctly. And it takes just a few minutes to find the right document. What is more, you can customize the view according to your and company needs. But the best thing that I like that BambooHR has a great time-off management option. Employees submit a request, supervisor approves it and I got all this information well structured. BambooHR is a simple and easy-to-understand program. The design is really cool. But the best thing is that all the information about your employees is gathered in one place. Thanks to BambooHR HR managers spend less time for the organization of their work.

Cons

One of the problems is that when a supervisor or another person who needs to approve the time-off request is absent, there is no opportunity to approve it. I wish there was some kind of approval backup when another person approves time-off requests on supervisor’s behalf. Moreover, BambooHR has a very weak number of the integrated program. Because of that, we need to do a lot of work manually. Last but not least is the customer support. They are not capable to solve complicated issues.

Alvaro from Maynilad Water Services, Inc.

Industry: Utilities

Our HRM team loves this

HR tools in one place covering all HR functions and the entire employee lifecycle from applicant tracking, hiring, onboarding, performance reviews, clearance, movements, resignation, retirement... all in! The reporting tool is powerful enough, just make sure to have everything you need planned and mapped out so you can have it all set up by the vendor right from the bat. :)

Pros

Cloud-based HR software is less hassle to maintain for the internal IT team, and easy to manage for the HRM staff. It is full-featured, at least more than what we needed to manage the entire lifecycle of an employee (hiring, performance, records, training, timekeeping, movements, resignation, retirement, etc). The tracking is easy and intuitive (e.g., how many leaves left/used, timekeeping record). The home/dashboard is attractive and easy to navigate. The digital HR 201 files are well kept in one secure place. BambooHR is flexible and extensible to keep all the needed information for each employee.

Cons

Updates to the software come in too pricey. The ability to add/remove custom fields and reports have to go through their customer support/channel. Therefore, make sure that you have everything already mapped out during your project planning and implementation for your company (to minimize change requests and additional cost).

Elena from UNLEASH

Great HRIS for small to medium companies which is easy to use

Pros

I liked the preboarding feature a lot - makes it very easy to onboard new employees even before they started, it's fully automated so all you have to do is just mark a person as hired and set up a workflow once and the rest is taken care of. nice feature of having people answer questions about themselves as it helps the team to learn more about their future colleagues. the performance module is very simple but in the same time gives enough information and insight. it's based on deloittes approach to redesign performance reviews. I liked the reporting on the performance too, as it shows in one glance who's engaged and high performer vs those who has some issues which HR or a manager should take care of. The goal setting/tracking feature is also nice and simple, allows managers to comment on the progress which encourages frequent feedback and giving kudos.

Cons

Bamboo's support team is in the US and also as they grew bigger, they switched to ticket system vs just messaging them which made the process of gettig support slower. it's understandable but for us as a customer it was quite visible. also the customisation is not so easy and many requests were turned down as it wasn't on their roadmap.

Craig from BOYNECLARKE LLP.

Industry: Law Practice

Very Satisfied With This HRIS

We've been with Bamboo about 2 years, and are satisfied with the product. The company is constantly deploying new features and their customer support are patient and client service driven.

Pros

As a web-based solution, Bamboo was easy to deploy and allowed a high degree of customization. The ability to easy create custom fields was critical for our organization. Also, we were able to centralize various types of data by using Bamboo's import functionality. Bamboo has allowed us to simplify employee files.

Cons

The solution has some limitations, especially around custom fields and reporting. That said, their development teams are open to feed back. One specific area where custom data is lacking, is on mobile vs web browser. The mobile app is great for end-users, but not as useful for manager/administrators. This is primarily because the app only displays canned fields, customs fields do not appear on the mobile app.

Maurice A from PartnerHero

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Integrating most departments to HR

Pros

In our company's setup, we have multiple departments using BambooHR as our primary way to help synchronise onboarding and offboarding requirements. We have an internal workflow in which whenever there's an onboarding/offboarding; it will send a message to the IT Depot (that would be me) to prepare equipment for the new hire, another one to the Accounting Depot to set up payroll, and so on. My favourite section of BambooHR is the assets tab, which gives you insights on what equipment each employee holds, when it was assigned, serial number, return date, and so on. We love how simple, intuitive, and customizable are the employee's profiles. We have employees in multiple countries, so the fields and requirements for each is custom according to our needs. Depending on your needs, you're able to search and pull data easily.

Cons

Email notifications can get quite spammy, especially during hiring seasons. I'm an admin user in BambooHR, and from time to time my inbox would get filled with BambooHR notification from new hires, probation period reminds, etc. All that is great, however, there's no direct way to disable email notification from a user's end.

Thomas from Everett's Auto Parts

Bamboo HR is fantastic. Completely automate your HR needs. Very intuitive and user friendly.

This product allows my management team to be on the same page with employee administration. Our managers are able to access our Bamboo account from anywhere, allowing them to keep better information on their staff. It helped reduce costs by allowing employees to enter & update their own personal information. the reporting has automated several manual reports we used to produce in the corporate office. We continue to automate more processes with the help of the Bamboo development team. The on boarding and off boarding processs is streamlined by offering electronic on boarding, taks assignments, and e signature documents.

Pros

Bamboo HR covers every aspect of employee administration and HR management. The canned functionality and reports meet 90% of my organizations needs. The minor things that we discovered missing, we requested and Bamboo customized them for us - very quickly and at no additional charge. The cloud based platform keeps my entire management team on the same page with their employees as well as with the other departments. Bamboo is very intuitive and easy to use. Bamboo allows you the ability to alter screens and develop your own specialized reporting. Our employees have the ability to view and update their personal information and request time off through a free app.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about the product. The only thing missing for my organization (which Bamboo is researching at this time) is time clock integration. They do have time clock integration, but we use a facial recognition time clock and they do not have a solution for that product type at this point.

Emily from VPT Inc

This software makes our lives so much easier!

We implemented Bamboo upon reaching over 50 employees and realizing that we couldn't manage our HR on paper/Excel anymore. We use it for applicant tracking, work flow (onboarding, offboarding, changes, etc), PTO tracking, and performance management. It's saved us many, many labor hours by automating our processes.

Pros

Bamboo is extremely user friendly. Even the Admin features are easy to use.

Cons

Nothing. When we first implemented, there were some features we would have liked to have, like more approvers on forms. We passed those suggestions on to Bamboo and eventually those features were added.

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

Ease of use. We liked Zenefits but didn't have the ability to switch our insurance broker, which was required to use it.

Anne from Story Construction

A Great Way to Introduce an HRMS to Your Company

Overall, BambooHR is a great product. While adoption by others has been slow, the feedback has been very positive. BambooHR has made my job much easier.

Pros

This product is very easy to use and for the things that might be a little tricky, BambooHR has great Customer Service. As a cloud-based system, it's great to be able to access the data from anywhere. It's mobile-optimized which makes it easy to look up information when I'm away from the office. There are also quite a few features included in the base price compared to other products that are sold as individual modules that don't necessarily work together all that well and everything is included (except performance management which is the only add-on). BambooHR is also constantly updating and making changes suggested by their users to make the product even better. BambooHR is also a very elegant solution. If you can shop or bank online, you can use BambooHR.

Cons

The reporting function for Training is a bit cumbersome and could use some improvement. Also, any time you go in to select a field (whether creating a report or power editing), it's often difficult to see the entire item name which can make selecting the correct field a bit of a challenge at times. The other con that I hear from my co-workers is the limited functionality of the mobile app. Perhaps adding a link to the full site from the app (and logging you in at the same time) would be helpful.

Janaya from Paga

BambooHR is your go to HR tool

I am solving many HR issues with BambooHR and I love the experience.

Pros

I can't even specifically mention features, it's almost everything that I like about BambooHR. It let's me sets goal, do performance management, recruitment, onboarding, leave management and administer benefits. I can also upload any document and assign signature for any registered employee. I find this very easy because I used to do this with pdf version which required back and forth. Now I can request a signature to any concerned parties. I also love how easy it is for recruitment, screening and setting status and communicating that status has never been easy. It also sends an automated email when performance time is due and I like it because I might be swapped and forget to fill in my performance review.

Cons

The app for the mobile can be improved. I have an admin access on Bamboo but I can't upload documents for signature request and also do the other things I can do on my laptop. It can also be better improved by integrating it with some apps like Slack.

The best HRIS on the market

Pros

Having compared all the HRIS softwares on the market against Bamboo, their efficiency and features trump most of what we were looking for. The UX is awesome, has all the features, and they work, which isn't always a given! A HR reps dream!

Cons

Although the UX is great for what it is, it could be a bit prettier and easier to use - much like a lot of modern new apps!

Venugopal from Max Life Insurance Company Limited

Best for organizations with up to 250 employees

Pros

firstly, I would say it is a great all in one solution for HR arrangement, it is so easy to use, user friendly and convenient to get information about other employees like their email, phone numbers, their position in department, salary, and for other things and all this comes with a great storage of the data. It is very easy to ask for leave approvals. It offers a variety of features for different HR functions and that’s why it is a very organized way to keep information. It is also very secure, not allowing non-management people to see any personal details. So, I think that BambooHR is very supportive and useful for organization's and I hope u will find it interesting.

Cons

Although BambooHR seems to be an asset for company it has some little problems that are to be looked upon like organization chart gets unreadable when expanding, sometimes it gets harder to find links, when we have to send one single document to all, u have to do it individually, there is no 'select all' option there and if there was a time clock for employees it would be even more beneficial. It is not recommended to use this software if the company employee size is larger than 250.

Rickey from ClickDimensions

The Best HR platform

Overll, the platform is great, and of course, it is #1 HRS for a reason. Communication with employees has greatly improved over the days when we were still using spreadsheets and internal forms. I love the history of documents, it shows every DocuSigned file since onboarding. Further to this, it is nie to know that those documents are very secure. As a manager, one of my favorite features is performance tracking for staff.

Pros

It's #1 for a reason. They have designed it really well, it is efficient and fast, it's intuitive and very easy to use. Managers are able to track all kinds of info, from PTO days to salary, salary increases, bonuses, e-signed documents, hierarchy, and much, much more.

Cons

It's probably a security feature, but it would be nice to have access to external vendors to submit invoices. The mobile app greatly limits features, which is probably another feature of the platform to prevent craziness happening if your phone is stolen or left alone. I would like to see a more fully integrated scheduling system, as well as multi-level approvals for time sheets.

Brooke from opendorse

Everything You Could Ever Need

I could probably write a whole book about why I think organizations should be using BambooHR. I am currently a one-woman show at my company and was running most of our processes on dropbox and drive documents. BambooHR has freed up so much of my time, allowing me to be more strategic and take better care of my team. Bamboo makes our company even more organized and improves the hiring to on-boarding experience by 1000%. Let's start with the Applicant Tracking Software. I went from having no ATS and using google docs to Bamboo and it has made my life so much easier and our lines of communication to applicants even better. It allows me to stick to deadlines, keep everything in one place, and never misplace an applicant. I don't know how I would have gotten through hiring for our summer internship program (180 applicants) with out this software. On-boarding: incredible. I can send a new hire packet to my new hire and they feel so well communicated with every step of the way. Being able to fill out their paperwork online is so important - they can do most of it before they even step into our office. Then they have access to everything later - what more could they (or I) want? Reporting time off - We have unlimited vacation but still use Bamboo to keep track of where people are and how many days are spent out of the office. It's so incredibly easy to set up and my freedom loving team loves using it. (There is even an app!) The day to day - it makes everything easier. I have everyone's phone numbers, addresses, SSNs, EVERYTHING in one place. I'm an evangelist for a reason, it's hands down the best thing I've implemented for my team.

Pros

So simple, effective, customizable. Customer service is amaaaazing. You can do everything you would possibly want and now they have payroll.

Cons

I literally don't not like a thing about Bamboo.

December 2014

Jane from Buildium, LLC

December 2014

Overall good experience

Pros

I like that it's fairly simple to use for a smaller SaaS company (like we are) and that it puts tools in the hands of the people who need them (managers, employees) without HR needing to be gatekeepers. Implementation was great. They are rolling out things pretty quickly, and the software largely works for what we want it to do. I love the Small-Improvements integration! I love the dynamic org chart, the granularity of permissions, and how easy it is for our tech-savvy crew to pick up intuitively.

Cons

While the team was really hands on with us for implementation, support since then has left something to be desired and basically just sends us links to tutorials - even though we've usually watched them and have a more specific question. We've been trying to change an accrual with our PTO, watched the tutorials and have set it up accordingly, but we just want 60 seconds with someone on their team to look at it and say "yup, this will be fine and do exactly what you want when you change over to 2015". Instead, we have a constant back and forth of emails and links to more tutorials which is completely inefficient. Instead of a quick call, we're going to have to use our entire staff as guinea pigs for the new accrual, and see what happens to their balances on 1/1 and fix it from there. We're a really tech-savvy company, a SaaS company, and a big customer service team, so I admit I have a bias coming into this in terms of my expectations. They aren't bad by any stretch, but I'd like the option of calling.

Luis from VATBRZ

Easy to use and customize

Pros

I worked on the team that implemented BambooHR and a find it very easy to get started. Also, the company offers a lot of open source software to be installed if you need to customize it someday.

Cons

The problems begin if you need to integrate the software with 3rd party systems. So we need to keep running tasks and doing workarounds to get data in sync.

HR Software with a Soul

Pros

BambooHR guides their design decisions using research, a modern understanding of HR philosophy, and customer feedback. They don't let you over-configure the software so you end up torturing your employees; they simply won't let you. Example: They designed the Performance Review module very thoughtfully, posing the minimum number of thoroughly-researched and carefully worded prompts to drive a strong review for both Manager and Employee. They won't let you turn the Performance Review into a 5-page write-up like some circa 1980's multi-national. Good UI design, and requires minimal configuration out of the box. BambooHR integrates with many other vendors up and downstream in the business: candidate tracking, payroll, time logging, etc...

Cons

The Training functionality is designed to allow documentation of employee education, and requires an instructor to mark the education as complete. Sometimes, education is self-service/eLearning...there's no way for an employee to mark certain themselves "complete" for certain training modules. It's rather unfortunate hole, which caused us to look at an LMS.

September 2016

David from Cogstate

September 2016

BambooHR = HR Genius

Pros

Working with BambooHR has been an eye-opening experience into what life as and HR Professional is like without spreadsheets and paper processes. BambooHR's cloud-based HR platform allows you to recruit, hire and onboard new hires all within one complete system. Through their user friendly applicant tracking system the Hiring Managers are able to comment on candidates and pass them through to the hire process. Once a candidate is selected for hire the system has a built in onboarding package which you can customize for all new hires to include necessary paperwork such as (W-4s, I-9, and company information that can be signed electronically). BambooHR's platform also comes with an easy to use time off tracking system which allows employees and manager to easily track leave requests and a calendar to view when the corresponding team members are out of the office. Bamboo also allows the company to keep track of which benefits employees have elected to ensure compliance throughout the organization. Not to mention, there is a built in organizational chart which allows the employee to view the entire reporting structure of the company along with their direct reports and supervisors. Lastly BambooHR also offers additional apps and add-ons for performance review management which has made annual reviews a quick and painless process for managers and their employees.

Cons

The only thing that this product does not provide is a payroll service. BambooHR is purely and HRIS that will manage all of the company's human resource functions but does not serve as a payroll provider. However they do provide apps that allow select payroll providers to integrate with their software as well as those with customizeable API integrations.

Manage your employees through BambooHR

BambooHR has been very good. I could immediately experience the benefits of this tool after switching from a competitor software.

Pros

I love BambooHR for the following: 1) There is calendar where you can choose if your a company wide or department only view. Through this you can manage the workforce and their leaves. 2) You can also track your hiring needs through BambooHR by opening and closing positions. 3) You can easily view your available leaves as they immediately pop up on the browser.

Cons

What I like the least: 1) They should show the net leaves (minus filed but unclaimed sick or vacation leaves) because some employees could overbook 2) The peer review feature should be smarter as people who have never worked with other people are assigned as peers.

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Sprout had a poor user interface.

BambooHR - A great HR Management system

BambooHR is an excellent online HR system for both small and large organizations. It includes useful features like time-off monitoring, new hire duties, and integrated payrolls. BamboHR can be considered as one of the best HR management tools in the market right now

Pros

1. BamboHR has a clean, fluid, and user-friendly interface. It's really simple to discover what you're looking for!! 2. It provides a convenient method for monitoring your time and requesting PTO. 3. It has a mobile app that works 4. It automates the process of hiring, onboarding, and offboarding. 5. It provides important functions like reporting, management, and peer-to-peer feedback. 5. It is very beneficial for businesses that are first in Distributed mode and span many continents. Everything is centered on a single point.

Cons

1. Integration with other platforms is pretty hard since you have to rely on the API system 2. Template customization is quite limited.

Keep your employees engaged with each other in a different way

Pros

I love how employees are able to keep track of their vacation time with a simple click. Employees may also have access to the company's directory, meaning they're able to find other people from the company they might not know in an easy way.

Cons

I don't like how the way of viewing company files works. It is not user friendly and there have been a few times where it gets stuck.

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

It is easier and friendlier to use.

Jeff from Southern Industries

Bamboo Rocks!

Bamboo helps us manage applicants in one place. Ads are "pushed out" to multiple job sites for greater effectiveness. Saves time and makes us more productive.

Pros

I like how Bamboo ties all of our applicant and current employee information all in one place. Very helpful when researching candidates for jobs. Bamboo has great templates set up . Super easy to use and very intuitive

Cons

I'd like to be able to customize templates. Haven't been able to figure it out yet - might be ME and I just need to try harder.

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

So much more cost effective. Way better customer support than with the giant organization - ADP.

Alexandra from Lk Oconee Rehabilitation and Performance Center, LLC

Love Bamboo-ing!

We are a small company but found that general HR tasks were very time to consume and overwhelming since employees here wear multiple 'hats' -- BambooHR was just what we needed. For the price, this software has some great features and grows with the company. As a user, the company will also send out emails for training and other external events for interested parties - another great benefit of BambooHR!

Pros

So many features to make HR as easy as possible. Different training areas can be set up for multiple staff types, dashboard makes checking upcoming employee announcements easy to follow (such as time off, birthdays, anniversaries, etc). Enjoy the ease of uploading documentation into employee files as well as the employees having access to particular areas and documents (which can all be assigned by Admin). Additional software can be implemented and used right along with BambooHR - also a plus. The company sends out emails reporting pending updates to the software so we always feel like a part of the changes as they are occurring instead of after the fact.

Cons

While we love the ability to make pdf files editable, don't like the amount of time it takes to set them up. Once they are set up, they work great until an update of the document is needed - which means another set-up. Offering current subscribers new products at a discount (or free) would be great. Since we are a smaller company, we can't often spend - spend - spend but BambooHR does offer continued options for subscribers.

Jessica from FatCat Strategies

Helping small businesses make HR easier

It's a godsend for the hiring process. And it really helps us centralize where a lot of HR info lives. And being able to set up signature templates for forms and the onboarding/offboarding checklists are fantastic. But it's not the cheapest. Still with it though.

Pros

It's so great to have a centralized place to organize all this info. Before we were keeping things in hard copy folder, random folders on our server, etc. This is definitely more organized. And I love the signature templates and the way you can set up an onboarding and offboarding process. For a small team like mine, you don't do that stuff very often, and now I can just click the "onboarding" button, instead of spending a few days trying to remember everything I need to do. And OMG, it is a godsend for the hiring process. The way you can collect resumes, review canidates, rate them, leave comments, change their status based on where they are in the process, it's AMAZING. It has saved us HOURS and HOURS of time when hiring.

Cons

The cost is a little steep. And sometimes that hurts when people seem to keep forgetting that it's there for them to reference. And we pay extra for the reviews, which can be great when you use them, but they take so much time that sometimes we skip them.

Brett from NP Digital

We love BambooHR!

You notice BHR's incredible customer service right from the get-go during implementation. There team is very friendly and patient. Their system is never clunky and our employees love it. Training is a sinch, but there are lots of videos to help you along the way should you need extra support.

Pros

The UI, the ease of use and their incredible customer service team.

Cons

Their benefits module needs some work to really make it functional. I wish they had a benefits enrollment piece to make it easier to connect to payroll.

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

UI, price, customer service.

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Zenefits is the absolute worst. Very clunky system and beyond terrible customer service.

Bryan from Big Leap, LLC

We're a growing company and BambooHR helped us really organize our HR processes

BambooHR helped us scale from 20-50 employees very quickly and efficiently. Without the software, we likely would've had to hire at least 1 person to coordinate everything. It saved us some costs there but it also helps us improve our employee experience through onboarding and performance management.

Pros

We hadn't used an HRIS before BambooHR so we didn't really know what to expect. We started using BambooHR when we were around 20 employees or so. In the last year or we, we've grown to 50 employees so their various features from ATS to onboarding to esignatures have really helped us grow quickly while providing a good employee experience.

Cons

It took me awhile to get comfortable with the permissions but I was very cautious since HR data is very private. Once I got the hang of it, I found it very customizable. I don't have any major cons - whenever I got stuck due to my lack of HR knowledge, their support team was there to help.

Harshpreet from Nucleus Networks

One Stop for all your HR Needs

My overall experience has been great with BambooHR. It's a breeze to use this software on a daily basis. I love the mobile application that it has and the ability to submit day off requests directly from that. Really nice and convenient.

Pros

This is one of the best HR software that I have seen. Its quick, efficient, and allows companies to be able to manage their employees in a proper way. It's a single place that is super easy to navigate: both for the employees and the employer. Everything is available for both the employees to see and this has become increasingly convenient, now that remote working has increased mani a fold.

Cons

I would really like to see this software emerge as an expense management program as well. There should be an option where we can upload our invoices for billing directly. That would make this already awesome program so much better!

Ryan from Blue Medora

BambooHR provides a great backbone to any Human Resources Department

The biggest problem BambooHR has solved for my company is the ability to have employee information in one central location. It's hard to put a price on that. Overall, my experience with BambooHR has been excellent.

Pros

The employee pages for each employee are simply amazing. You can store a ton of information about each employee. This information rages from birthdays, hire dates to time off requests and performance reviews. The system does a great job of organizing documents for each individual. You can store employee reviews, I-4 paperwork and payroll documents. Anything you wish to save is available to store in this system.

Cons

The only complaint I have with this software is its inability to integrate well with 3rd party software. I am specifically referring to time clock and payroll software such as Deputy. BambooHR struggles at time to provide basic functions with this software.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,259 reviews