All BambooHR Reviews

Kurt

Construction, 501 - 1,000 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed March 2024

BambooHR Review: BambooHR The First & Last Solution For HR Needs.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Easy to Use HRIS

I love Bamboo! Very happy with it, and excited to see what the future holds.

PROS

The product is very easy to use. The customer support is incredible. The system is aesthetically pleasing. Bamboo listens to feedback and is always updating and releasing new features based on customer feedback.

CONS

Some features are not the most robust. Time tracking and reporting specifically. Bamboo does not have built-in scheduling. The employee notes feature could be more like applicant notes (replies, attachments, email notifications).

Reason for choosing BambooHR

Ease of use, better customer support, better features.

Jeff

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Bamboo HR, a slick but severely limited recruiting software

As stated, the BHR system is a recruiters dream and makes the talent acquisition process easier for those businesses that are only using the job boards to get applicants. Just don't expect much more after that.

PROS

The look an feel of BambooHR (BHR) is amazing! Its almost like Facebook for recruiting. It is very intuitive for what it does and offers to the administrator and end user. The applicant tracking system is very easy to use and goes the extra mile with automation and thoughtfulness concerning on-boarding and then " flowing" into the core HRIS. The BHR system was chosen by a previous HR professional that clearly had a recruiting bias. Although important, more vetting should have been done to make a sound choice for long term success regarding the needs of a small to mid-size business.

CONS

Beyond what I described above there is limited functionality without also purchasing and integrating other systems through a "bolt-on" approach. By "Bolt-on" I mean that BHR will not automate between the core HR system of BHR and a timekeeping system, a payroll system, benefits administration system, leave administration system. The ability to have a robust system is possible but is not practical or cost effective with BambooHR. In order to get a full platform, covering the full life cycle of and employee, through BHR, a business would have to pay upwards of 30-40 dollars per employee per month. Simply put other options are available and far more robust with better long term results for less money- See my review of APS Payroll for an example.

Reason for choosing BambooHR

Price and lack of proper education as to the actual functionality and potential cost of the system beyond on-boarding.

Jon

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Great for payroll and employee management

I do really like the program a lot. It is worth using and we would purchase it again in a heartbeat. We have used for nearly 3 years, and will continue using. I wish they could improve some things, but it slowly gets better.

PROS

It is wonderful for company announcements, payroll, reporting, employee management, and onboarding. It make life much easier in many ways and gives us a more professional approach and look to the team.

CONS

Employee coaching and project tasking are not great. It really is not good at either of these. Too hard to track, follow, and update. For hiring and onboarding it doesn't sync well with Indeed and we always have issues. Like when rejecting a candidate, we have to manually send an email to every candidate that applies. Time tracking needs some minor tweaking. It would be great if it would auto notify of odd punches and help control OT better. The eNPS program is dumb and not realistic. We changed the questions to the Gallup 13 instead.

Edem

Food Production, 2-10 employees

The Recommended Go-to Platform for Businesses

Through this platform, I am able to know what is happening to my business. If I am making progress or experiencing shortfalls. Also, my business has seen some level of seriousness since this system was implemented. Overall, I will say it is a great platform

PROS

BambooHR has some great integrations. For example, the platform allows me to know when my co-workers are out of the office or even celebrating a birthday.By far, Bamboo is a great platform.

CONS

One time, i had some challenges and I needed customer support, but the response was a bit late. I don't really know if it's still like that. But I still got the help I needed.

Reason for choosing BambooHR

I found their BambooHR platform quite easy to navigate even before I started using it. Again, I watched a YouTube video for better understanding, before using it.

Aisha

Human Resources, 1 employee

Good product

Like the product for starting companies, but as your processes and strategy become more detailed, I am not sure if Bamboohr can manage properly as a stand-alone platform. Like the HRIS, the rest of the features are not robust

PROS

Love the simplicity of the HRIS system to allow for tracking personnel

CONS

The payroll system and time management are not as robust as it needs to be. Unlike optional features such as performance or applicant tracking that are not critical to risk management, the payroll and time management must be up to par to ensure customers are compliant with state regulations, able to identify and correct discrepancies quickly, and able to customize reporting to identify labor cost trends. Unfortunately, the payroll and time tracking doesn't relate.1 Example: We cannot track if meals are being taken or the system does not alert us when someone does not take their required lunch breaks. Depending on state, there are penalties associated with this2 Example: If an employee is scheduled to be terminated on a specific day, they are automatically taken out of the system before ensuring they were paid their last check. States have many different regulations around when a former employee must be paid their final check. We would have to alter the person's last day and final pay date in order to process their last check, which can cause incorrect records if we forget to switch the dates back to correct separation date. If we schedule termination ahead of time, we have no way of tracking who is up for termination soon or no notice that the person was removed from payroll ensuring timely payment. 3 Example: Timetracking is more than just about having the ability to clock in and out with approval. There is very limited reporting that can be pulled to track labor cost

Michelle

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

BambooHR perfect for small to medium sized businesses

Bamboo is constantly listening to what customers want and need and are expanding with incredible features all the time. I have worked on many HRIS and this is by far my favourite! I am a very happy Bamboo customer. Thank you for all your great work. You have an incredibly talented group of employees.

PROS

It is easy to use for the back end and front end users. The Support Heroes are always so friendly and helpful and I have never not been able to get the assistance I need when I need it. They are constantly listening to what customers want and need an are expanding with incredible features all the time. I have worked on many HRIS and this is by far my favourite! I am a very happy Bamboo customer. Thank you for all your great work. You have an incredibly talented group of employees.

CONS

the performance management system could be a bit more customizable and robust. We have had to create a couple extra tools for managers and staff to use outside of this platform. Wish there were a few more features when rating the employees, based on their skills. I do wish that the employee community was something we could purchase additionally and not bundled with other products we do not feel we need right now. Would love if the system integrated with Ceridian Payroll.. would make things easier.

Reason for choosing BambooHR

Heard great reviews, wanted service that I could call and speak to someone during my office hours.

Reasons for switching to BambooHR

did not provide all the functions we needed and their service was not great.

Jessica

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Ease of use for all our HR needs

We were impressed by the ease of use and implementation. It was an easy transition for our managers and employees and has impacted our HR processes for the better. We use the employee goals and feedback and this has helped us increase our employee satisfaction. The reporting system has been most useful for our accounting and payroll departments.

PROS

We've been most impressed with the ease of use for our company. Using the employee goals and feedback system has helped immensely.

CONS

We have not had any complaints about the system so far after almost a year of use.

Reasons for switching to BambooHR

We needed a more comprehensive HR system.

Lucien

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Bamboo HR is a fantastic HRIS tool for a business looking to enhance their people & HR capability

Bamboo was a brilliant tool to use to get us into using HRIS and introducing HR to our business. It ultimately didn't scale to our needs as we exploded as a company but we couldn't have got where we are today without it.

PROS

Bamboo HR was incredibly simple to implement with excellent documentation which enabled us to have Bamboo set up very quickly. It is definitely one of the most user friendly tools and we implemented this without a HR team so that shows how intuitive the platform is. Bamboo HR also has a fantastic array of integrations which is pretty critical. We used Officevibe and then Lattice for peformance management so we seamlessly integrated this tying together our tech stack.

CONS

Bamboo HR lacked a lot of features that we needed as we started scaling. We moved to Rippling due to a number of limitations with the Bamboo platform like password management, a stronger ATS etc so we could vertically consolidate our stack under one platform.

Kim

Computer Networking, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Bamboo took us to the next level

It's been great. The few times we couldn't figure something out ourselves, Bamboo has excellent help documents and Bamboo's support is quick and extremely helpful.

PROS

It's convenient, well organized, helps us meet compliance requirements and provide better support to our employees. Love the performance management tools and the employee satisfaction surveys.

CONS

Not really a con, but took us a couple of tries to get onboarding process perfected.

Alexandra

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Will take employee management to the next level!

PROS

BambooHR has saved us a tremendous amount of time from applicant tracking to keeping track of paid time off. It's easy use, and the data that's provided through reports really helps me see the big picture.

CONS

I wish more features were available in the mobile app. Sometimes, I need more information on the go and can't access it.

Taylor

Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees

Easy & Effective!

PROS

It is really nice having access to all of your benefits information in one spot. It is also very easy to request time off & see everyone else's time-off schedule, which is crucial when planning out future meetings.

CONS

So far, I have no complaints. I have found BambooHR to be very easy to use & convenient for the team as a whole & I have used BambooHR with more than one job - never any issues!

Marlene

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Impressive HR Tool

It has been wonderful. The support team is knowledgeable and offers ideas to streamline HR processes.

PROS

It's easy to use and has the ability to organize and streamline HR processes in one great program!

CONS

More robust Hiring Module - allow open positions to be converted to internal offers.

Reason for choosing BambooHR

Our CTO highly recommended the product.

Reviewed July 2020

Great HR Information System for medium size business

Moved all employment contract management online, leave management, onboarding, offboarding, personal details maintenance through self serve functionality, process workflows and performance management.

PROS

Modern HR information system with great broad feature set for medium size businesses. Excellent for leave management, request, approval and tracking.

CONS

Is based out of the US and orientation is by default to US customers. Works for Australia customers but is a bit short on handling contractors, more permanent focused, and support hours do not cover Australia timezone which has caused some issues.

Reason for choosing BambooHR

Great user interface, custimisable, simple to use and configure, right featureset and complexity for our size of organisation.

Reasons for switching to BambooHR

BambooHR offered us so much more in terms of features and functionality than we would ever invest to build internally. The user experience was modern and easy to use from signing up a new staff member, to onboarding them and maintaining their HR and Leave records. Removed significant risk from process errors, failed notification of employment changes and record keeping for signed contracts. Moved from paper to fully online!

Rikki

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Huge Promoter of BambooHR

I generally come into Companies as an HR Leader somewhere between 50 and 100 employees and Bamboo is a simple implementation and give not only me every tool I need to do my job, but also helps other teams as far as reporting and accountability is concerned. It's everything I could as for and more.

PROS

I have implemented BambooHR as our primary HRIS system at 3 companies now. Bamboo is so intuitive training is a breeze. Whenever anything pops up I don't have an answer to Help desk is an IM away. Reporting cannot be beat. Hands down the easiest most intuitive HRIS our there for HR Professionals and Employees.

CONS

I wish there were more options within the review portal. Like having the ability to do quarterly assessments AND a formal annual assessment that combines all the quarterlies. Even though we have a quarterly assessment process at our Company people also want to traditional annual and we have to do that all manually outside of the system currently.

Reason for choosing BambooHR

Bamboo allows us a lot of flexibility to design it the way that works best for our company and our people that's didn't wrap us into anything additional we didn't want or need.

Reviewed February 2022

BambooHR is delicious!

We've been able to create tables to house our faculty credentials for tracking and reporting purposes. The signature documents and workflow has helped us reduce the time to create, email, and record faculty contract from several hours to 15 minutes. The eNPS survey has been a great way to monitor employee engagement every six months. We take the feedback provided in that survey and other communication channels and have made improvements in a number of areas that are important to staff and faculty.

PROS

If I were a Panda (HR Administrator), I'd eat BambooHR every day. It's delicious compared to other common HR software forage I've tried. The modern look and feel of BambooHR is terrific. Our staff love the look and ease of use. As a one person HR team with 250 employees, BambooHR makes payroll, performance management, time tracking, and attendance a breeze. Take a nibble and taste the difference!

CONS

The two items as an HR admin. that can be time consuming and a frustration are tracking training and benefit administration. It would be amazing if BambooHR would integrate with training platforms for single sign-on and training status updates on the employee profile. We use a third part benefits administration platform for benefits enrollment. They take care of the file feeds to carriers and billing. Any changes on that platform then must be updated in BambooHR for the deductions to roll over to payroll. The extra steps take time and can lead to error.

Reason for choosing BambooHR

Ease of use, ability to customize, and straightforward pricing model.

Easy of use and cost.

Italia

Events Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2022

BambooHR makes our work easier!

I overall loved the whole experience, from the introduction, sales/acquisition of the software, to the onboarding and data transfer. The Salesperson and Project Manager of our account made us feel decided about Bamboo from the very first approach. We feel candidate onboarding and administration of our personnel in the Company has become much more manageable.

PROS

What I like the most about Bamboo is that tracking PTO, benefits, and celebrations is much easier compared to other software we've used before. This unique "social network" design has made it user-friendly for our employees regardless of their age.

CONS

What I didn't love is that we couldn't find integration with LinkedIn for job postings. We had to use LinkedIn externally for recruiting.

Price, features

Reasons for switching to BambooHR

We needed a more accurate / visible PTO tracking.

Katrina

Utilities, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2023

We love BambooHR

My experience with BambooHR has been phenomenal from the first phone call inquiring about the software all the way through setting up the many features we've implemented. (Payroll, Benefits, Time Tracking, Performance Management, etc. I've enjoyed working with their team and appreciate all the help they have provided.

PROS

The features that BambooHR offer are extremely streamlined and useful. The ease of use of the platform gives our employees an easy way to access and manage all of their information. The best part of BambooHR though would be the customer service and how well they work with you when integrating this software into your business.

CONS

The only con with this software was the lack of integration with other accounting services. IE Quickbooks however, this was easily worked around and they do offer other solutions.

Reason for choosing BambooHR

The options and streamlined design of this platform fit better with our company.

Reasons for switching to BambooHR

The ease of use this software provides. QB was too manual.

Larson