What are Arcoro users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Arcoro software through verified user reviews

• icon"Affordable and pretty easy to use. The ATS is a good product that is affordable and helps us source more easily especially for young professionals."
  • icon"It's easy to navigate throughout the site and it's well organized. The tools are very useful and user friendly."
  • icon"I like the recruiting portion to post jobs with ease when needed. But rarely needed for the price of the software."
  • icon"Both for applicants and recruiters. When I used this system, I often wondered how many people abandoned the application mid-way through the process."
  • icon"Sometimes, a few of our users complain about the system being slow. This often is a local problem with the IT system they are using."
  • icon"Difficult for the site managers to use. It is a program built for recruiters - not the common manager."

Browse all Arcoro Reviews

• Have you used Arcoro and would like to share your experience with others?

Bridget

I have had a very positive experience, and always have all question and concerns handled quickly.

This software greatly improved the efficiency of our Recruitment and Onboarding processes, allowed a more universal experience among our multiple divisions. Improved organization, follow through and communication between candidates and hiring managers.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to format and customize for my specific needs, outstanding customer support and constant updates based on customer feedback.

Cons

I don't have any true complaints. A few processes feel a bit cumbersome and could be made more streamlined. I would like to see an app rolled out in the near future, as it is not always the easiest to do tasks within the system from a mobile device.

Jeremy

BIRD DOG IS AN AWESOME RECRUITING SOFTWARE

Overall we have loved the partnership with Birddog.

Pros

Bird Dog is a great software for gathering resumes and candidates that meet the criteria we are looking for. The software is very user friendly and has ease of access to the admin to create other users on that account for the different hiring departments. The postings also fully integrate with our Website Careers page.

Cons

Would love to have the software integrate with our CRM so that once a candidate is hired they can be added seamlessly to our system.

Reasons for switching to Arcoro

More options to customize and more services offered.

Dee

July 2022

Feels like the programmers are reassigned constantly

Honestly, the system is good in theory. So many options that were abandoned at 80% for something else to built out. While I'm not a fan of difficult, it can be managed fine if the system works right. But we spent too much time building out work arounds. Entire HR meetings were dedicated to dealing with system issues vs. HR strategy. It got to the point my team started shopping systems and presenting me other options to check out. Arcoro is a pseudo enterprise system, trying to be an enterprise system, and being selected due to perceived flexibility. They would do better to just abandon a few modules, and just focus on 3 or 4 key elements and make those super robust and intuitive, then slowly add back features and make sure they work well before getting caught up in the shiny new trendy things. There are a ton of features, but very few of them are easy to use. We've since switched. I kinda feel like the engineers have previously worked on ERPs that were specific to manufacturing, as some of the nuances required similar steps for product loading, building and sales. However, HR people are not ERP Managers, and generally do not come with that type of mindset or skill set since our nature is largely policy, people, management, and engagement.

Pros

The sales team is actually a pretty awesome group of people, as are the people who handle training.

Cons

Honestly, for a company with about 150 employees, we had to have a full time administrator handle the HCM. This is not normal for a midsized company. We were never able to really set a program and forget about it, it was constant baby sitting. There would be reports that would run, when it finally loaded it would be empty. We'd call to find out what is up and they'd say "oh, that report hasn't been built out yet." That report would be smack in the middle of runnable reports, and Arcoro had no intention of hiding or making note of which reports are "coming soon." System loading between the three systems (the LMS and Performance pieces weren't even listed in this review as an option to talk about) was not smooth. We were told it would take one day to load, turns out it could take 3 days. So, when trouble shooting issues, it wasn't just finding what was wrong, it could take three days to ensure it didn't load, but the software wouldn't tell us where the critical error was. Report running wasn't easy, making reports was almost impossible. Every part of the system felt like we had to crack a safe by listening to the dial for the right thing to push before we chose the next option.

Reasons for choosing Arcoro

Not sure as it was selected just before I arrived as a consultant, but after dealing with sales people and seeing the demos of other parts of the module, they make it look easy. But it's not... there's always a catch. At first I liked it, but there was too much system degradation that happened quickly. Too many little nuances to keep track of to make reports run right. Example: If I wanted to send out a survey, I had three pre-steps to run to make it happen. Then, if I wanted to send it out again 6 months later, I had to do the same pre-steps, or it would be sent to termed employees. These are not user friendly scenarios, and make daily duties that should be 10 minutes into one hour scenarios, and worse were so difficult that HR was often making mistakes that were hard to avoid, and we looked incompetent to our staff.

Slam

Does the Job It's supposed to do

It seemed to do the job just fine, I felt like the overall user experience was good. I think the aesthetics of the website could have used some work, or an update at least.

Pros

Good program for managing company announcements, and personal goals

Cons

Every year when filling out my annual review, I would get automatically logged out, thus losing about an hour of work! I'm sure this is a security feature, but a warning alert would have been very nice. Because these reviews were done annually, I never remembered about the auto logout feature, so just about every year it happened. Very frustrating.

Reasons for switching to Arcoro

My employer made the switch, I just went along with it!

Debby

Using BirdDogHR as our primary ATS resource has saved us time and money!

Pros

Cons

We've had a problem with applicants that apply through Indeed Mobile; their resumes and attachments are not always coming through. If it wasn't a known fact, then some applicants would be overlooked because they "didn't" attach their resume. However, I contact each applicant that has experience for the position they're applying for and ask them to email it to me. Then, once I get their email, I upload it for them. Doing this takes too much time; I've reported it to our account managers and they tell me its a Indeed thing.

Response from BirdDogHR

Thanks for your comments. As you mentioned this is an "Indeed thing" so unfortunately we don't have control over it but we will continue to work with Indeed to get a resolution.

Christopher

Industry: Security and Investigations

Review your contract

Frustrated in support; frustrated in using the Applicant tracking service. Not as easy it was described / sold to. Candidates uploading their resume did not work for them. May be better for a higher skilled positions, but not good for lower skilled workers. Our Account manager did not follow up after product was sold. We only heard from account rep, when he tried to upsell Learning Management Software platform.

Pros

We thought that the software was going to help us on board folks.

Cons

You need to have a dedicated person to run and or take of HR. If you are a smaller company and wear many hats, it is not user friendly. You will not hear from them until after your account renews on automatic renewal. They refuse to let you out of contract; and will put you into collections, regardless that we paid for the software upfront for the entire. Required to pay for software upfront. We do not use the software. and do not recommend,

BambooHR

Reasons for choosing Arcoro

it felt like the software was going to be easy and very specific. Not the case. Do not recommend, nor will you hear from your reps. Disappointing as we are in the process of fighting to get out of the contract that we were required to sign for a year and have been auto re-enrolled.

Infinity HR

Our representatives did their best. They were responsive and as helpful as they could be, but there were limitations to the software as previously described.

Pros

Infinity tries to be an all in one HR suite. It does have several nice features available: tracking of PTO, electronic benefit elections, storing of policies, pay data.

Cons

We were told that Infinity could integrate with Sage 300CRE. It sort of integrates, but not all features. There were issues with rounding of pennies and benefit caps not being able to be set. We wanted to be able to have employees do self evaluations that were then reviewed by supervisors, but we don't seem to be able to do this either. Also, every time we change benefit providers we must pay to have EFT re-scheduled.

After a little over 1 year, we have noticeable improvements in our Recruiting efforts & management

Pros

We are a uniquely diverse company (multiple business lines) from a business and industry standpoint. My role requires a constant change of focus when discussing employment and manpower from one industry/business to another. I have been able to create accounts for individual business lines to streamline communication, advertising, and process management for each company's recruiting and onboarding efforts.

Cons

The internal database search could be stronger. A keyword or Boolean search would be an amazing integration. Currently, you need to tag an applicant immediately with key identifiers (ie. Department name, position title, etc) or else they can easily be lost within shuffle of thousands of applicants.

Carolina

Effective organization to potential and contracted employees.

With this system I have automated every step of the life cycle of employees with the ease of which is an integrated, cloud-based system.

Pros

What I like about BirdDogHR is offering me a variety of features and services to streamline the tracking of applicants and monitoring performance, and foster collaboration and participation of employees.

Cons

The downside of this software is that it does not include the module where you can plan an employee compensation.

Martha

Very User Friendy

We track our time and vacation pto on here. Very user friendly!

Pros

Love this software in keeping track of our time and pto/vacation time. Very user friendly in between all of the screens. Love it!

Cons

I haven't found anything negative about the software. We don't use it to request time off so haven't really used that part of it.

Sheila

Industry: Mental Health Care

BirdDog's sales, training and customer service are top-notch;

Pros

The software has made marketing our agency much more effective from a recruiting perspective. The experience of the recruiter, hiring managers and most importantly, the candidates, has been extremely satisfactory.

Cons

I'd like to see more flexibility and robustness in the reporting functionality of the software. The out-of-the box reports aren't that useful for my needs and I'd like to be able to customize reports without having to download to Excel and manipulate data in that way.

Response from BirdDogHR

Thanks for your comments. We have forwarded them to the product management team to review as they are looking at the roadmap.

Robert

June 2022

Price increases and customer service

We’ve used this system for 2 1/2 years we’ve had price increases ever year In 2020 we paid $2,300 yearly 30 employees In 2021 we paid $5,040 yearly 35 employees In 2022 they’re charging $6,048 for the year 35 employees (same amount) Customer service at ExakTime (Arcoro) is terrible. We have payroll today and been trying to reach someone for 4 hrs with there automated answering system and email. No returned phone calls or responses. Do not recommend ExakTime for payroll it’s not worth the money and they leave you hanging with customer service.

Pros

Nothing at all. Customer service is terrible

Cons

Price increases. Everything customer service is terrible when you need the the most.

Tina

Applicant tracking system that saves time & money!

Great overall system. Meets all of the Government contracting requirements. BirdDog actually pushes out updates to ensure we are compliant. Great people, great product. Customizable system is great, and allows us to use their system in different ways than initially intended.

Pros

The Customer Service at BirdDog is truly second to none. Customer Service reps are knowledgeable, friendly, and will help with whatever your needs are. They even will make enhancement recommendations on your behalf. While we were implementing the system, I made suggestions for things I wanted to see in the system as future enhancements. They implemented them very quickly! They actually ask for feedback and are always looking to improve their product. While the product isn't perfect, a company who is interested in fine tuning and keeping the customer happy is a welcome change. (We recently left a much bigger, much more expensive product that never quite worked right, and there was no desire to help us fix it.)

Cons

There very little documentation, because of how customizable the system is, however, Customer Service will gladly walk you through any issues.

pretty easy to navigate and use.

Pros

I like the ease of the system, structure and use of the options. The options to run reports are great, the capabilities this software has to accommodate working with the construction industry is very helpful and convenient.

Cons

There has been some issues with returning back to the same page and at same state with back arrow option.. it appears everything is lost and you have to start you progress all over.. from setting up a search list or even just opening up a job list and specific employee, once you hit that back arrow you return back to the starting your process over again. ugh I also would like see the option to share applications with other entities within our company.

Response from BirdDogHR

We appreciate your input. We strive to make the best product available and will certainly send this along to product management.

Anupama

InfinityHR - Could use some improvements

The software itself is conceptualized very well. However, I think the design needs to be improved to make the software more user-friendly and less intimidating.

Pros

InfinitityHR makes tracking both work hours and paychecks very easy. I work in more than one place on campus, but with the authorization of the employer, InfinityHR provided me with the option of adding more than one workplace tab so keeping a record of where I worked and how many hours I worked there is incredibly easy and efficient now than ever. Plus you can even add comments as to make the information more detailed, which is a nice side feature. The software also has a calendar built into it which really comes in handy for me when clocking in and out.

Cons

I don't like that the software isn't very user-friendly, and that's probably because it makes sense for some of the information in there to be a little hard to access. But the software itself feels a bit aversive. Softening the features and just rearranging the UI design could really help out the users a lot, I think.

Allie

Good and basic

Pros

Once the decision was made to purchase the ATS module we were up and running very quickly. Our contact helped set up our first job posting and walked us through various options--customer support was great. They still check in to see how we are doing and what they can do for us. Our job postings look neat and professional. Links all worked perfectly .

Cons

Would like more flexibility for our landing page for ATS. Some choices in layout or background and imbedded links or photographs or video. I'm not sure how effective the upgrades for various job boards is for us. Posting with colleges through Handshake would be nice. A little less clicking would be nice.

Samuel

Industry: Oil & Energy

BirdDogHR - Total package ATS

Allowed our organization to provide front line management with acces to review candidates on daily basis.

Pros

Ability for front line managers to have access and view candidates that apply. Built in Social Media sharing capability with one stop show to spread the word that our company is hiring.

Cons

some managers don't have time to filter thru the candidates on a daily basis and requires HR/recruiters to do the heavy lifting in filtering for experienced candidates.

Response from BirdDogHR

Thanks for your comments. We have functionality that may be able to help you with this. Your account manager will reach out to discuss it with you.

Erin

Great system to use for basic HRIS functions

I've never used BirdDog HR until my company decided to try it out. Initially, it was hard for me to adapt. I was able to get in contact with a team member and after receiving training on the systems capabilities and options, it had a lot offer and was pleased.

Pros

It is easy to understand how the system works.

Cons

System is slow and times out quickly. I don't like how when I want to filter through, I don't have the option to filter open, closed or all requisitions.

Response from Ann

We appreciate your feedback and customer satisfaction is very important to us. We’re actively looking into why the system may be acting slow for you, that is very concerning to us. For the time stamp, there are many areas in the system that add a time stamp, we’d like to better understand which area you’re referring to. Your account manager will reach out to learn more about your needs.

Replied March 2017

Anne

Keep Looking for a Better Solution

Look at other options. There are so many out there, many that are more integrated with an HRMS and that have responsive customer service. Consider your candidate experience as well and you'll find a better solution.

Pros

*It's geared to my industry (Construction). *It's also used by several others in my industry which can help people in our industry find postings for open jobs. *They also manage some of the free boards that are specific to the construction industry. *The system does make it easy for multiple people to be informed when an application is completed.

Cons

*The user experience leaves a great deal to be desired. Both for applicants and recruiters. When I used this system, I often wondered how many people abandoned the application mid-way through the process. (I was hired using this system and I was certainly not impressed by the ATS.) *The system is not very intuitive. *The system tries to rate candidates for you but we found the criteria used to be very poor. The 5-star applicants were often very poor candidates and the low scoring candidates were often a better fit. *Emails informing you of new applications are sent only once per day rather than as they happen. *When there were concerns, customer service rarely had solutions. They are not terribly responsive (except in the last few days before your contract is up for renewal).

Response from Ann

As a former customer we will take your feedback and perceptions under careful consideration. These concerns are very easily addressed and resolved by open communication with customer care and configuration changes to the system. We feel we endeavored to help you and meet your needs. We appreciated our multi-year business relationship with Story Construction.

Replied November 2017

Great for use with employee benefits!

Ease of use and functionality

Pros

We use Infinity HR for our employee benefits and love it! Enrollment is a breeze and tracking employee benefits, including elections, beneficiaries, changes, etc., make the tracking of the benefits side of HR a breeze. My favorite feature with this software is just simply how easy it is to look up employees, what their benefits are, how much their premium is, who their beneficiaries are and the newest updates give this software a more contemporary feel, also.

Cons

I think the only area where Infinity could improve is in reports pulling. The reports are separated into different areas which make it difficult to quickly log in and pull a report as you have to weed through to the appropriate section for the report you are looking to pull.

Brett

Very helpful customer service

Pros

Having new employees fill out their required documents through BirddogHR software ensures me they will be filled out correctly without missing important signature blocks, etc.

Cons

I would like to see the application and onboarding portals work with each other more seamlessly. I find I have to jump from one to the other too often and wished it could all be done from one site.

Response from BirdDogHR

Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate your review and have forwarded your comments to our product team.

Ann

BirdDog HR was very easy to work with and they listened to us on developing the ease of use for us.

Pros

The customer service and training have been fantastic. We can go back to our trainers whenever needed to clarify information or to ask for additional help. They are very willing to work with us and meet our needs as a Company.

Cons

One item I would say is a Con, is the system is not fully programmable to how we would exactly like it. However, our customer service reps have been great in showing us alternatives.

Karen

Huge Timesaver!

I'm getting qualified applicants for all of my jobs. BirdDogHR makes me look good!

Pros

Very intuitive ATS that allows me to post to multiple job boards at once.

Cons

I primarily use the Applicant Tracking System, so I'm not familiar with the functions.

Response from BirdDogHR

Hi Karen, Thank you for taking the time to leave BirdDogHR a review. We are so happy to hear that you are having a great experience with the BirdDogHR ATS. We appreciate your business and look forward to more success to come!

Replied February 2019

Makenna

Industry: Oil & Energy

Works in some aspects, definitely not in others.

We purchased the ATS, Onboarding and Talent Management modules within BirdDog. One of my biggest concerns when shopping around was trying to find a product that we could use from the time of application through review periods without a lot of extra work. Our salesman, Sean assured us that these products would work together. Upon implementation we discovered that these products in fact DO NOT speak to one another. The talent management module is essentially a completely different product. You have to enter information separately in order to add an employee to this system. And on top of that, it has way to many functions for which to choose from. If I simply want to send an evaluation I have to click through a million boxes. It's probably easier for me to take the time to email someone an evaluation then it is to click through the options. I appreciate that they were trying to be thorough, but something user friendly was more of what we were looking for. We also had trouble with the functionality in the onboarding piece. I find it frustrating that after an employee submits their paperwork, they have no access in coming back to make a change. We are a company trying to be as green as possible. When I asked what an employee should do if they need to change their w-4 deductions or direct deposit information, I was informed that we would need to print the document in order to submit it to our payroll department. This is defeating the very purpose of implementing the program. This was supposed to eliminate the need for extra paperwork. Other snags we have run into involve the reporting features within the ATS. They do not always populate after you have entered dates. We have also run into issues with scheduling. The system has sent out wrong dates and times for different interviews causing major confusion and scrambling on our end when a candidate shows up unexpectedly. We loved our implementation specialist, My rep, but are very disappointed in our salesman. There are functions we have enjoyed, but this may not be the system we were looking for.

Response from Ann

We appreciate your feedback about our product, service and personnel. Customer satisfaction is very important to us therefore your concerns have been escalated to multiple VPs. We’ve also reached out to schedule a call with your team so we can put a plan in place to improve your experience.

Replied November 2016

Danielle

Our first ATS

Pros

Excellent Customer Service - Any time we need assistance, our Account Manager is quick to respond with a helpful answer. User Friendly - The system is very easy to navigate, of course there was a learning curve, primarily because it was our first ATS. Customizable - The more we use the ATS, the more we make it our own; emails, logos, job posting, sort and search functions, etc.

Arcoro