(1,111)

1,111

• Pros

• "I love the interface; it's extremely easy to use!"

• "It is very easy to use and very intuitive. The interface is clean and easy to navigate."

• "The app is easy to use and provides a great way of saying thank you to other colleagues."

• Cons

• "A little slow at times, but the app works way better "

• "The give command in slack for integration is a bit cumbersome. Other than that it works well and easy to get people on board "

• "Sometimes it can get a little annoying when there are a ton of notices popping up in your Teams messages, but it usually is related to something cool that happened so it is worth it. "

Browse Bonusly Reviews

Jared from Doberman Technologies, LLC

Zero Admin Overhead Employee Recogntion Platform

Feed the tool money and watch your employees gift eachother points and build report and teamwork. This one is a no-brainer for companies looking to bring in a no-nonsense way of generating a bonus program.

Pros

Ease of Use: Bonusly is the pinnacle of set it and forget it. Their environment is so self sustaining for the users inside it there is basically never any need for administrative input beyond adding new people in! Specifically redemption for employees - its completely handled between Bonusly and the end user claiming their points. With a wide selection of redemption options, everyone is happy!

Cons

Bonusly could probably do to work on some additional features for those that want to do more advanced rewarding programs. Tie-in to other platforms and reporting/monitoring could use work.

Reasons for Choosing Bonusly

Again, the administrative overhead item is a big deal for us. We're a lean team and we just don't have the manager time day-to-day to support something like Crewhu. They've got a more complex and therefore flexible tool, no doubt! But the time and energy necessary to get it working even close to as smoothly as Bonusly is not worth the marginal gains.

Response from Bonusly

Replied September 2019

Hi Jared! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. I'll be sure to pass your feedback along to our product team for their consideration. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Yasser from Alegion

A must have in any company

Bonusly accomplishes what I need which is real-time peer to peer recognition. Often times, only big heroic accomplishments are recognized and rewarded, when in fact it's all the little things everyone does every day to help their peers is what makes a company great. Bonusly was flexible enough to accommodate our small startup when we were only 12 people, whereas YouEarnedIt arrogantly stated that they don't take on companies smaller than a 100 employees. Well, we're going to be 100 strong soon, and we're going to be using Bonusly.

Pros

- Easy to set up and use - Slack integration - Statistics and reports - GIFs - Does the job I need - Priced well - Lots of rewards - Custom rewards

Cons

- Weak rewards dashboard - Manual fulfillment of custom rewards

Reasons for Choosing Bonusly

Customer support, accommodated our company size

Response from Bonusly

Replied June 2019

Hi Yasser! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you find using Bonusly easy to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! We're always looking to expand upon our existing catalog so please feel free to reach out to us (success@bonus.ly) with any suggestions that come to mind. It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

Tori from ZipRecruiter

Best Benefit My Company Offers

Bonusly helps teams collaborate and also helps with employee appreciation. I can tell you that everyone loves bonusly and you can also bribe your friends with it if you need something done. It's just an incredible idea and business and I feel so lucky to have it!

Pros

Bonusly is, hands down, my favorite benefit at my company. It's so nice to be able to recognize your co-workers when they do something so amazing and out of their wheelhouse. We have a pretty generous monthly budget and it just is so nice to be able to say thank you! with more than just words. I hope i get to use bonusly forever because it is my favorite thing in the world!

Cons

The UI is a little funky - tagging and mentioning people are confusing when you first use the app and the activity feed has random bugs, but other than that, this app is incredible.

Response from Bonusly

Replied April 2021

Thanks for your review! It's great to read that Bonusly has been an excellent way to recognize your co-workers for the great work achieved! We are always working to improve our platform to make using Bonusly easy! If you ever need help with your Bonusly account you can always contact your Bonusly administrators for help or connect with our support team at support@bonus.ly. Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for being a Bonusly customer!

Bonusly helps drive engagement and collaboration

I really love Bonusly, it is easy and fun to use. Highly recommend.

Pros

We had TV screens around the office that displayed our Bonusly feeds. We also made this part of our culture. I would say that bonusly helps teams work together and makes it easy to recognize one another.

Cons

I think the recommendations of what kind of bonus to give could have been improved upon. I think it would also be interesting if you could take away bonusly $ from one another.

Response from Bonusly

Replied February 2021

Thanks for your review! We are happy to learn that our Bonusly digital signage helped to highlight the recognition being shared amongst the team with ease! We appreciate your feedback on how to enhance our bonus recommendations. Just to share, your Bonusly admins have the ability to add in custom awards to your teams account to offer additional awards for your team to claim! Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@bonus.ly if you would like to share additional feedback or learn more about this! Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for being a Bonusly customer!

Emily from Epsilon

A Great Program for Rewards and Peer Recognition

It helps in appearing bonuses to public feed so that everyone will be able to view important activities and work. It helps in making recognition engaging and easy which will help every member of a team to make their activities and work are valuable. It helps in bringing every employee together by incorporating recognition with workflows that are already existed. It helps to engage everyone across departments, locations and teams with social recognition. It helps people in showing the impact of their activities and work.

Pros

It is an employee recognition program which helps teams to stay connected. It helps employees in recognizing each other easily no matter how they are working. It helps in promoting your missions and making recognition more impressive and impactful by linking it with the core values of your company. It helps in providing visibility to the contribution of everyone. Employees will be able to get a monthly allowance through it for recognition of their contribution.

Cons

It should provide more features so that we will be able to work with advanced programs of rewards. It should provide integration with other platforms for making monitoring and reporting function better. The dashboard of its rewards should be improvised.

Response from Bonusly

Replied January 2021

Thanks for your review! We are happy to learn that Bonusly has provided an easy way to share appreciation amongst the team, regardless of location or department! Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for being a Bonusly customer!

Chad from Intrust IT

Fun and interactive engagement

Pros

I like the fact that Bonusly encourages engagement by making it fun for people to come out, add bonus' to recognition that others receive. Being able to add some fun animated GIF's to the posts makes it amusing to come out and read the feedback given on a regular basis.

Cons

I wish it were easier to leave some negative feedback privately. This would help close the feedback loop when things didn't go as expected, and constructive feedback is needed.

Reasons for Switching to Bonusly

Trakstar was not often enough feedback. And it wasn't enjoyable.

Response from Bonusly

Replied October 2019

Hi Chad! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Show Your Appreciation to Colleagues

Overall I have an amazing experience using Bonusly. I would recommend organizations adopt it as a great solution for employees to engage with one another. I've worked at companies that try to build their own employee-to-employee recognition platforms and they never seemed to be used. Bonusly makes it simple to let employees connect with each other by showing appreciation.

Pros

Bonusly provides a great way to show appreciation to colleagues. It's a simply way to say you are grateful for the help they provided. Being able to choose the amount of points sent to a team member and feedback for why they deserve the points is amazing. Then, other team members can always add-on points as well. We've had colleagues collaborate together to build larger pools of points, then donate them to charity. It's an easy way to contribute into a large impact even when you only have a small amount of points.

Cons

The only improvement I would have would be for the emails that inform of points being sent should include a running total in the footer. It seems as though some emails contain the information and others do not. I would prefer to have this on every email.

Response from Bonusly

Replied December 2020

Thanks for your review! It's great to read that Bonusly has provided a great way to show your appreciation to your team and has encouraged collaborating for charity! When it comes to our email notifications, we would love to hear your thoughts on how to improve! Please send your feedback to support@bonus.ly so that we can learn more! Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for being a Bonusly customer!

Anna from Lument

Would Recommend Bonusly for Team Building

I would recommend Bonusly. The software is very user friendly, and all the points you receive can be exchanged for giftcards instantaneously. It's a simple way for companies to quickly roll out an appreciation incentive program that makes everyone at the company feel included.

Pros

I used this software at a previous job and the goal was to build a positive recognition and reinforcement system within our company. Bonusly did just that. It provides a way for your coworkers to be recognized for their achievements and in a way that promotes positive spirits all around. Recognition is a small thing, but a lot of companies don't quite understand its power. Bonusly offers a way to boost morale and team building in a friendly but still professional way.

Cons

The only thing that may be counter productive with this software is that it shows a leaderboard of who at the company is receiving the most points or "recognition" from their coworkers. Although this can be great for the people on top, it could cause people at the bottom of the list to feel shame or embarrassment for not getting as much praise. Something to consider.

Response from Bonusly

Replied January 2021

Thanks for your review! We are happy to learn that Bonusly provided an easy way to encourage recognition, spread positivity, and boost morale amongst the team! Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for being a Bonusly customer!

Chelsea from Betts Recruiting Inc

Recognizing Recognition

We launched Bonusly at the beginning of the year and our team adopted it immediately! Everyone loves to shout out their teammates, managers or anyone that had helped them out, and even more exciting when they get recognized!

Pros

In a world where we are all disconnected and isolated, this product has really brought the team together! Feeling recognized from a work from home environment has been very special for our teams. It was a very easy integration process with Rippling as our payroll/HRIS software. It has helped automate our Birthday, Anniversary and New Hire recognition instead of trying to ship a gift to their house, wherever that may be. This is instantaneous, and with the automation, no one is ever missed.

Cons

I wish it synced a little better with our payroll platform. We use Rippling and most things sync over very nicely, but I do have to manually check and update birthdays and anniversaries, which seems like something the sync/integration could easily fix, as well as updating manager emails when teams change.

Response from Bonusly

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your review! It's great to read that Bonusly has provided a way to keep the team connected and recognized as the world has moved to a WFH environment! Regarding your HRIS integration, if you are finding that any information is not seamlessly syncing to Bonusly, please feel free to reach out to our support team and we are always happy to help! Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for being a Bonusly customer!

Maddie from Convatec

Industry: Medical Devices

Promote Employee Appreciation!

My current company does not use this app but my previous company did, and I miss using Bonusly as a way to publicly thank a coworker!

Pros

What a fun way to say thank you to your coworkers and acknowledge an achievement, extra time spend on a project, holding the door for someone, or just enjoying them as a teammate.

Cons

Honestly there were no cons, I think this tool should be implemented at every company. Rewards for acknowledging a job well done is a great incentive.

Response from Bonusly

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your review! It's great to read that Bonusly has been a fun way to give thanks to your coworkers whether it is for contributions on a project or just to share appreciation! We certainly hope your new company adds Bonusly to their organization to promote a culture of recognition! Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for being a Bonusly customer!

robin from rent the runway

Bonusly, Good and Bad

Overall giving your coworkers a bonus is pretty easy and straightforward. Receiving the bonusly can be more tricky if you get a gift card code that doesn't work. Which happened to me twice.

Pros

I love how you can reward your coworkers for doing something great. And i love all the options we have with gift cards. I find it easy to use for the most part. You log in, award your chosen amount to your coworker, and then just submit and they see it right away.

Cons

There are a few things. I wish i could manually input the amount of the bonus. It gives set amounts. My biggest gripe though is twice I tried to use my gift card i chose for my bonusly and they DIDNT work. Once was for sephora. I had to actually go to the store, and it took them a long time to try to figure it out and only one person in the store knew what the issue was. I also tried to use it for amazon and had to contact amazon to have them manually add it to my order. I don't feel there is an easy way to contact someone if this happens. It was quite an inconvenience. Esp for sephora having to go to the store. Needless to say I won't choose that gift card choice again.

Response from Bonusly

Replied December 2019

Hi Robin! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Hmm, you should be able to give any amount of points when bonusing - can you give that a shot with your next bonus and keep us posted? So sorry about the rewards troubles. Our users typically don't run into any issues with this but we're always happy to help! Please feel free to reach out to us (support@bonus.ly), should you run into any rewards troubles. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

John from Agile IT

Peer Recognition...on Autopilot

Great!

Pros

Can't say enough good things about Bonus.ly. Their awesome integrations are top notch (Single Sign-On with Office 365/Azure AD, Syncs with our HR system Zenefits, Bots for MS Teams/Slack). Also, when we've had hiccups, the Support team has always been extremely responsive. We spend hundreds of dollars on SaaS apps per user. Adding $25 to allow employees to reward each others hard work and dedication with a coffee or beer (or Amazon gift card)...is no brainer. Supporting and securing modern cloud mesh applications is stressful work for our hard working engineers and support team members. Bonus.ly provides some additional ways to reward inter and intra team comradery. Lastly, the integration with our culture and values by requiring each bonus be hashtagged with one or more company values gives us great analytics to our top performers and alignment. It's tangible data that highlights the team members accomplishments through the year. helping at performance reviews. PS - Did I mention it pretty much runs itself (users auto created/deleted based on HR status + Single Sign-On for Office 365 or Google means no extra passwords to remember)?

Cons

That we didn't implement it sooner at our organization.

Response from Bonusly

Replied November 2018

Hi John! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you find using Bonusly easy to recognize your peers and to bring visibility to the company's core values. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success help motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! As a member of the support team, we definitely take some pride in helping with any issues that may arise and we're grateful for you acknowledging out work! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

Aleah from Music

Industry: Market Research

Bonus.ly - Employee Morale Resolved.

Positive experience, motivating and team-building product. Feels like getting a pay raise when the points come in.

Pros

This is such a motivating tool for employees to connect and keep morale in the work environment high. I personally feel that Bonus.ly helped me not only want to be more productive during my workday, but also helped me to feel more connected with my coworkers. Bonus.ly was one product in our workspace that helped us to feel more connected as a team. Love that the balance resets every month, and that custom rewards can be added to their system (For example, we had a work fundraiser that could be paid into with bonus.ly points.)

Cons

Minor software issues, such as: Tags did not always work. Sometimes I needed a refresh of my page before I was able to find the tag name of a coworker. On the rare occasion, while redeeming a reward, the page would freeze, yet my points would still be deducted, and the prize was no where to be found. Thankfully customer support was quick to help, so this was not a huge issue, but enough that it should be noted.

Response from Bonusly

Replied July 2019

Hi Aleah! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like using Bonusly to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! Sorry to hear about your issues with tagging coworkers and redeeming for rewards. If you have a moment would you be willing to reach out to support@bonus.ly, so that we can fix any recurring issues! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

Fantastic Platform to Recognize and Reward Co-Workers

This is such a cool little platform. We implemented it in our office and it provided an easy and fun way to get and give recognition to people for their hard work and accomplishments, or just fun things that happen around the office. It's a really great social building tool for your office.

Pros

The ease and simplicity of Bonusly is really key, since for us it's been used as a fun social building tool. Everyone was able to get set up easily, and the process of publicly giving points and sending messages among our team has been really easy and fun. I also really like the customization of it - we've been able to create our own custom rewards and even change the name of the "points" given to whatever we feel like on a given day. And we've never had any issues in terms of functionality - everything has always worked smoothly and everyone has always gotten the rewards they requested.

Cons

While I don't personally pay for the service, I can see how the "$3 per user per month" cost model is a little cumbersome. I understand why the price has to go up with more users, since that means more rewards have to be available, but I feel a simpler plan would be a specific price per every 10 or 20 users, rather than having every new member increase the price.

Response from Bonusly

Replied August 2020

Thanks for your review! It's great to read that Bonusly has been smooth and easy to use and that it enhanced the culture amongst your team! We value your feedback regarding our pricing model and do our best to stay competitive in today's market. If you have any additional feedback you would like to share, we would love to hear from you! You can connect with us at support@bonus.ly Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for being a Bonusly customer!

Kat from Humane Society of Boulder Valley

Best employee engagement tool!

What we thought would be a wonderful employee recognition and engagement tool (and it IS!) has turned out to be a really wonderful communication tool. I have recommended Bonusly to many of my professional colleagues.

Pros

I love the inter-departmental engagement Bonusly has fostered. In a recent communication survey, Bonusly was one of the "tools for success" listed by many of our team members. Checking the Bonusly feed is one of the first things I do each day. The staff love the gif options, and the leadership loves the ability to change the hashtags, and use the analytics. We have enjoyed the opportunity to offer custom rewards (i.e. paid time off, logo wear, etc) as redemption options.

Cons

Personally, I don't love the "big wig of ..." and other trophies. Sometimes there are just huge bonuses, and then that person is the biggest bonus earner in a category. No one cares. It doesn't fuel engagement, or spark any different behavior. I wish there was a way to opt out of that part.

Response from Bonusly

Replied February 2020

Hi Kat! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. We find that users really resonate with being able to quantify their Bonusly activity in the form of achievements and/or leaderboards. We see that this helps foster friendly competition and improved adoption, overall! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Brian from Splice Digital

The staff love it!

Team micro-bonusing allows our staff to recognize each other regularly, which is very important.

Pros

I like the platform's automatic fulfillment and we use custom awards which are really cool. The ability to select cash increments is nice. The custom naming of points (we call them "Sploints" in our office) is awesome. Appreciate the slack integration.

Cons

It would be cool if my staff were able to trade their points. Sometimes we do Poker nights, and would be fun for our staff to trade away the points that they've earned. I find the interface used to be very confusing to find where I can configure things. I wish that we could use more hashtags than the current limit. I find in our slack log, gets a bit crazy when everyone "adds" to someone elses's bonus. Would be nice to either have a toggle to shut that particular slack message off (others bonusing on an existing bonus) or somehow consolidate.

Response from Bonusly

Replied May 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Brian! We really appreciate it! I agree, the custom rewards feature rocks! It's wonderful to hear that the Slack integration is appreciated; we also use it at Bonusly and it makes giving a bonus and keeping up with your teammates so easy! Poker nights sound like a fun team-building activity! (We're game night enthusiasts around here, too!) It would be fun to tie Bonusly in with your poker nights though! Perhaps some custom rewards such as starting chips, or a cool hat to wear while playing? Just a thought! We would love to go over the interface and configuration with you, as well as the slack notifications to see what we can do to help! Would you mind contacting us at support@bonus.ly? We can touch base about those, and any other questions you have! I'm looking forward to hearing from you, and thanks again for the feedback!

The best platform to give recognition to your coworkers

My overall experience with Bonusly is just awesome. I use it to give credit to others when a good act happen or someone (or a team) accomplishes something that gives value to the company. Or even if a peer just helped me with a task and I want to thank that. The best about it is that I am happier when I give points more than when I receive them.

Pros

I think that the idea is just incredible. You get a monthly amount of points that you can give to coworkers as a gift in recognition for good acts or a great work. Then, if you get points from your peers, you can redeem them and get a reward (gift cards, paypal credit, or just donate it to a non profit organization, and more). It is no that much, but it is really splendid when your teammates recognize your contributions to the business. It is better when you integrate it with Slack and with every point you give you can send a funny gif.

Cons

For now I could not be able to find anything to dislike about this platform. Maybe if you have integrated with Slack, notifications can be very annoying if you have notifications on for that channel.

Response from Bonusly

Replied September 2019

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates across our different platforms! Ah, I'll be happy to pass this feedback along to our product team. It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Avash from AvaTel Pvt. Ltd.

Awesome Software to Motivate Team

As a parttime freelancer who works with other freelancers to make things happen - Bonusly has been a great tool to enhance peer-recognition and to motivate my team. I can look at analytics to get a sense of how my team is working. It is easy to use and integrates well with Slack which we are already using. Using Bonusly is has been fun and useful. I highly recommend Bonusly to other businesses out there.

Pros

The thing I like most about Bonusly is how easy it is to use it. It has intuitive User Interface due to which even first time users can use it fairly easily. Sending messages among team, giving points has been really fun and great social building mechanism. It awesome how Bonusly helps to create awesome office environment with proper peer-recognition in a fun way. I also like that it integrates well with Slack. Personally, I hate when software break and don't perform as supposed to but that hasn't been the case with Bonusly - Bonusly functions seamlessly.

Cons

I have been using Bonusly for a little more than 6 months and I don't know any cons of it. Bonusly has been helping to increase productivity by motivating team members and functions seamlessly. I just can't think of anything that doesn't work well in Bonusly. One problem I face is that I forget to give bonuses sometimes - but that's not an issue with Bonusly.

Response from Bonusly

Replied December 2020

Thanks for your review! It's great to read that Bonusly has been a fun and easy way for your team to recognize one another! We are also happy to learn that our Slack integration has provided a seamless way to give recognition in your day to day! Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for being a Bonusly customer!

robin from rent the runway

I love bonusly!

Overall i find bonusly to be a great reward system and love the items to select from.

Pros

I like the selection of gift cards/options to spend your bonusly on. I like how easy it is to award bonsly to someone.

Cons

I used my bonusly once to purchase a sephora gift certificate which came via email. The code would not work on the site. I then went to the actual store and the cashier still could not get it to work. Finally the manager was able to somehow help her. It shouldn't be that hard. And im not sure who to even contact if something goes wrong with what you've chosen. It was kind of stressful. That being said, I've been using bonusly for awhile and this is the first time it happened.

Response from Bonusly

Replied May 2019

Hi Robin! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you find using Bonusly easy to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! I'm sorry to hear about the rewards troubles. Our support team is always happy to help so please feel free to reach out to us (support@bonus.ly) if you ever run into any issues! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

Andrew from Swarming Technology LLC

Fun and Easy to Use

My company has been looking to set up a recognition and reward program for quite some time, and Bonusly offered us a great solution. After only two month using the platform, we experienced a great deal of interaction amongst our team and the overall response has been very positive. The integration with Slack, our primary communication tool, has done a great deal to self-promote the program, with little additional encouragement needed from peers and management. I would recommend this programs to anyone looking for a rewards-based recognition program for their business, especially for companies who frequently interact online.

Pros

Bonusly offers a very user friendly interface for peer to peer recognition. The web application makes it very easy to award Bonusly points, view engagement analytics, and redeem rewards. The integration with Slack makes awarding and celebrating rewards even easier, and additional features such as gifs and emojis add an element of fun to each interaction.

Cons

While the application still works for international teams, the rewards are more limited. The U.S. has a variety of gift card and donation options, but these do not carry over to most of our international employees. The application can also get a bit expensive over the course of the year at $3 per user per month, plus any costs associated with reward redemption. For larger teams, be prepared to make a substantial overall investment into the platform.

Cost and simplicity

David from LaFleur Legal Marketing

Outstanding Peer-to-Peer Bonus System!

This software is an incredible tool for praise and peer-to-peer bonuses. We see it consistently improve people's satisfaction with work. You can redeem your bonuses from a wide variety of vendors, from Amazon gift cards to giving donations to the Red Cross. I cannot recommend this software enough!

Pros

It's easy to use. Minimal set up and basically no maintenance at all. It also integrates well with the other tools we use, like Office 365 and Slack, so people can see a live feed of bonuses that are given around the company. There are some basic analytics and fun analytics (like a word map created out of the terms used in bonuses during the past 30 days). And they are introducing new features regularly. Recently, they developed an alert system to help prevent fraudulent bonus distribution (which may be a concern for large organizations).

Cons

I can't really put anything in this column. The only thing that could be improved on would probably be adding more granularity to their analytics and perhaps longer timelines for their analytics. But even those things have improved in the last few years that we have been using the software. They are always improving.

Response from Bonusly

Replied May 2018

Thank you for your feedback, David! We're so happy to hear that Bonusly so well loved -- Thank you for the high praise! We are constantly working on improving our analytics; did you know that you are now able to create custom ranges for some of the analytics available? If there's ever anything we can do to improve your Bonusly experience, or if you'd like to share a bit more about what granularity you'd like to see in analytics, please let us know at success@bonus.ly! Thank you for being a Bonusly customer!

Carrie-Ann from Veterinary Healthcare Associates

Great way to reward and build an inclusive culture

Bonusly is definitely a must for teams who are wanting an amazing way to allow team members recognize each other and the ease of function for team members and administrators is a HUGE PLUS! I recommend Bonusly to everyone I speak with who is looking for ways to offer a reward and recognition program.

Pros

Our team uses Bonusly daily to reward and recognize our team members, and our team LOVES Bonusly. There are so many rewards to choose from and the ability to create our own custom rewards has been a huge plus for us. It's very easy for our team members to recognize each other and for the team members to select and receive their rewards. It's extremely easy for our Leadership team to administer.

Cons

There are no cons to using this software - it's super easy to use, able to download the app and use from a cell phone which makes it easy for our team to be able to recognize fellow team members in the moment.

Response from Bonusly

Replied March 2020

Hi Carrie-Ann! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Lance from MoneyLion

Bonusly has been a great addition for peer recognition

As the system admin and user of Bonusly, I have been very impressed with the solution. It was easy to stand up and integrate with our SSO provider and has met our objective from day 1 for interactive associate recognition. There are strong analytics available which provide great insight into who and how our users are utilizing Bonusly. I am hopeful that we will continue to see the strong user interaction

Pros

Bonusly has filled a gap that existed in our company around peer recognition. We needed a way for associates to recognize one another, and a way to share that recognition with other associates. Bonusly has enabled us to reach our goal with relative ease, and continues to be a fun (gamified) solution for internal associate recognition, with a tangible reward structure. The solution integrates seamlessly with Slack which was critical for us. It also allows us to utilize our digital signage at our offices around the globe (hopefully can use this feature more when all associates return to the office post COVID).

Cons

The internal response out of the gate (Day 1 implementation) was fantastic. Associate interaction remained strong throughout the month. My concern is the continued use of the solution as time goes on. Our company took a smart approach of granting each associate bonus points to give out on the first of the month. This acts as a subtle reminder to engage with the applications and provide recognition. I am not seeing any true cons at the moment.

Response from Bonusly

Replied October 2020

Thanks for your review! It's great to read that Bonusly has enabled your team to recognize one another in an impactful and fun way! We are also happy to learn that our Slack integration has made recognition even easier for your team to take part in! If you ever have any concerns over user engagement, feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager at any time for assistance with engagement ideas! Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for being a Bonusly customer!

Caroline from Acquia, Inc.

Modern day approach to incentive – presents a concrete value exchange for work/effort in real-time

Basically just a reiteration of my "pros" section of this survey – however, to add: Everyone loves to feel appreciated, and in the workplace that can sometimes be hard to capture on a regular basis. Bonusly helps to promote synergy amongst your immediate team as well as cross-functionally and across departments. I think it's a very smart investment for any company's culture.

Pros

Overall, I really love the general idea of the software itself. Studies have shown that incentive for work tends to heavily rely on intrinsic motivation (self satisfaction) rather than extrinsic (raises, bonuses, gifts, etc.) - but bonusly seems to have found a way to blur the two together and deliver the benefits in one platform. I feel like a lot of time people lose motivation at their job because they think they're under appreciated or that their hard work goes unnoticed – so this is a great way to recognize your coworkers and also to promote positivity in the workplace.

Cons

Don't have any complaints really – if I had to choose anything...maybe it would be gifs - I prefer giphy over tenor, maybe the gifs could pull from both sites? What about an integration with BitMoji? Might be something people would enjoy

Response from Bonusly

Replied March 2020

Hi Caroline! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Noted on the GIFs! I'll be sure to pass along your feedback to our product team. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

My Team Loves it!

awesome!

Pros

We have a bit of an internal competition going on. We publish all bonus.ly points on slack. And each time a team member get the captain of Thank You or captain of Teamwork award there is some friendly competition and roasting.

Cons

The features are limited to the regular plan. I'd love to use the pro plan. * cons an email cannot be used more than once. If you re-activate an old user email, all the history is there. It would be great if we could wipe the history, or be able to create a duplicate with the same email. E.G. we have a strong internship program with some rotation, but similar names are being used for emails. But it causes an issue for bonus.ly.

Response from Bonusly

Replied May 2019

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like using Bonusly to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts - I'm happy to pass this feedback to our product team. It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

kartik from Rpatech

Best Rewarding Application

I would recommend using bonusly as it is a great application for giving rewards to the individuals and boosting their confidence.

Pros

Bonusly should be a must used platform in every organization due to following reason: 1.)Rewards are provided to the employee if the employee completes its task, it's a great thing to give reward as it keeps the employee motivated. 2.)The organization can also put incentives based on quarterly, half or yearly performance of the individual. 3.)Peers can send rewards to each other on working together with a particular task, this helps in a team bonding and strengthing relationships among peers.

Cons

There is no as such con in the Bonsuly as they are constantly updating their app and website. But it is just a suggestion if they can remove leaderboard from their application as it gives a sense of competitiveness which is sometimes not healthy for an organization.

Response from Bonusly

Replied September 2019

Hi Kartik! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Ah, the leaderboards are a fun and healthy way of promoting top earners and highlighting achievements. We hear from our users that they love them because it helps add a bit of a game element to the mix, and helps foster some friendly competition, which in turn helps to boost participation with Bonusly! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Sean from wedü, inc.

Bonusly does help with peer recognition

When we've had questions for support, they have been quick to respond. Great to work with them. I believe they truly appreciate feedback and continue to develop the product around that feedback.

Pros

Easy enough to setup. The basics are definitely there. Bells and whistles are added over time. The reporting is great. It's interesting and helpful for management to see those who are being recognized by their peers and for what reasons.

Cons

As leadership within the company, we still need to drive proper usage of the platform. We see month end emails from bonusly issued and then all of sudden everyone is getting recognition for the simplest of things. That's not really the intent of the product, and we wish we could turn off that month end reminder. It's more harm than good. Obviously, it's in the best interest of bonusly to continue to show high engagement. But we want only authentic recognition. Overall, good program.

Response from Bonusly

Replied September 2019

Hi Sean! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Often, we find that disabling the end of the month reminder emails actually hurts participation rate. We certainly want to make sure that you and your team have the best use of Bonusly but we're always happy to help in any way we can. If you'd like, please feel free to reach out to support@bonus.ly so we can explore possible workarounds. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Jen from DerbySoft

Excellent product for immediately rewarding excellent work

Bonusly has created a real environment of collaboration and gratitude within our company. It also contributes to some good natured competition to see who can be the most #solutiondriven for the week or who will collect the most bonusly points for the month. It's a lot of fun. When you have enough points to cash out, there are plenty of options to choose from for your rewards points as well.

Pros

My company uses bonusly to encourage inter-departmental collaboration and to remind all employees that reward those who have gone above and beyond to be engaged with addressing a client's need, find an innovative solution, or even just to lend their help and expertise to an overwhelmed colleague. This allows everyone in the company, no matter what level to achieve some recognition for the little things. In return, it helps foster an environment where we want to collaborate and we are grateful for the resources that we have to use for projects and new deals (our coworkers).

Cons

Overall, there aren't any major cons for this project. As a user, I would like to have better emoji and GIF shortcuts to key in - adding them currently is a little tricky - but that is purely a fun, cosmetic con.

Response from Bonusly

Replied October 2019

Hi Jen! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Matt from Jellyfish

Celebrate and be celebrated

It’s a great way to celebrate and recognise those in the company who do so much but fly under the radar of upper management. It’s also a fun way to thank people, the use of gifs on Bonusly has turned into an art form in our company. If you really want to thank someone you’ll put the effort in to find the perfect gif!

Pros

Bonusly is a great way to recognise and celebrate hard work and passion. It’s simplicity is it’s strength allowing me to log on and recognise someone quickly.

Cons

It’s very easy to use incorrectly, people can and do use it to give each other points on a quid per quo basis or as a form of payment or incentive. I’ve also heard colleagues offer to do things in return for bonusly points, totally not the point!

Response from Bonusly

Replied June 2019

Hi Matt! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you find using Bonusly easy to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

Gabriella from SurveyMonkey

Bonusly makes every team and workplace better

Overall, my experience has been great with Bonusly. I had one small technical issue which was resolved by a super friendly rep within a day, other than that the platform is extremely user friendly, fun to use, and is genuinely appreciated by all employees. It's a great addition to have it at the company!

Pros

Bonusly is a great software to show members of your organization how much you value the help or feedback they have provided you, while also being able to showcase cross functional goals to others in the organization. I am able to give recognition to coworkers that don't work in my office, which is really nice when you don't have the ability to thank them face to face. Seeing the Bonusly exchanges also gives me an idea of what is going on in other departments for example: if an Account Executive closes a new deal and gets bonusly, i know (being in Marketing) that we may have another new logo for our website. Bonusly is the perfect balance of not bribing people to do stuff but incentivizing them, plus it's fun to give!

Cons

There are limited options for redeeming points in Canada, we are restricted to about 15 companies, which is far fewer than the U.S.

Response from Bonusly

Replied September 2019

Hi Gabriella! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. We're always looking to expand upon our rewards catalog so please feel free to reach out to us (success@bonus.ly) with any suggestions that come to mind! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Asiri from EROAD Limited

A Easy way to recognize co-workers

Pros

Easy to use Defined points structure Good range of rewards for money (Amazon Gift cards etc) Good range of Charities to Donate Really good way to recognize good work in a company Really good social features (cool gifs and emojis)

Cons

Software wise, its a good product. But not a good alternative for a proper bonus structure or employee incentives. People tend to expect points, just to do their daily work routine or job responsibilities Employees feel like, they need to impress others to get points and introverts never receive any points. Popular employees tend to get more points compared to a employee who does work in his own (ex. A Product owner who give demos tend to get more points from others than a developer who works ina team) Tend to make team members launder points to get rewards.

Response from Bonusly

Replied February 2020

Hi Asiri! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Great point! We believe Bonusly is best when celebrating colleagues' successes - this can range from giving bonuses for exceptional performance but also anything that your colleague's deem recognition worthy. To that end, we find that a lot of our users really resonate with the autonomy of being able to reward their colleagues for anything they deem worthy of recognition. :) Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

John from Ginkgo Bioworks

Industry: Biotechnology

Bonusly is an easy way to encourage being nice

Pros

It gives an infrastructure for appreciation! Something most people expect to crop up organickly within an organization. I think it really has helped the company I'm at keep that positivity as we grow and people get more and more silo'd.

Cons

I get frustrated when I'm out of points but want to reward someone. I think it's a necessary thing, but maybe you could implement a feature when I could set up a timed bonus to be sent to someone, so that right when someone does something nice I can setup the appreciation for it, but it won't charge my bonusly points before the new month refresh.

Response from Bonusly

Replied March 2020

Hi John! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Hmm, I see. Have you tried redeeming an allowance boost reward? This reward allows you to trade in a certain amount of earnings points for more allowance points to give to your colleagues! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Micaela from Human Capital Media

Industry: Publishing

Bonusly is fun

It's great to have a rewards system in place that's quick and easy, with a lot of options for the rewards you can redeem :)

Pros

It's a fun way to say thank you/congratulate my fellow team members on favors/accomplishments. Rather than having to find a small gift from somewhere, I can easily just send someone points to express my gratitude or appreciation. And they retailers they work with for gift cards are great. Amazon is probably our most popular one. It's so easy to add the gift card to my account and I use it for things I already needed and had on my wish list.

Cons

I would just make it easier to submit a help ticket directly from the dashboard. Currently, you have to go to the help center, which has a list of forums that require you to look through for answers. It's only at the footer of that page that you can click "Contact Us" and submit a ticket. It should be easier to access this since I have had technical issues come up with loading my gift card and could not solve the issue myself through a forum search.

Response from Bonusly

Replied September 2019

Hi Micaela! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Ah, I see. You can reach out to our support team via the in-app messenger which is available through any Bonusly page (Help Center included) via the chat bubble on the bottom right of the page. You can also shoot us an email to support@bonus.ly if that may be more convenient. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Ryan from Kimberbell Designs

We've had a great experience using Bonusly to reward one another and reinforce our core values.

Pros

The Bonusly system is extremely easy to use. It requires basically zero training. Our employees love the opportunity to recognize and reward each other. We started using the system as part of the launch of our core values, intending to only use it 2-3 months. It's been a positive enough experience, though, we can't stop now! The system forces users to tie the micro bonus to one or more predefined hashtags. We have hashtags for each of our core values. This gives us a daily reinforcement of how we apply our core values to real life situations and recognizes/rewards employees for doing so.

Cons

There are only 3 downsides. 1.) You are introducing a new cost into the business, so you need to make sure it's worth it. For us, it has been. 2.) Some of our users report the mobile app doesn't work well, so they will only use the actual website. 3.) The analytics package is amazing, however you can't really share the analytics (like the word map) easily outside of the admin module. Honestly, these seem kind of nit-picky. The positives significantly outweigh the negatives. We were worried that employees might game the system and just give bogus bonuses to one another. We haven't had any problems with that. They give meaningful and motivating bonuses.

Alann from Elastic Path Software, Inc.

Such a great and easy program enabling micro-bonus for acknowledging peers

enables others to give shout-outs to others in the low admin way. Our teams have really taken to this program and it has helped improve moral and has become a part of our culture

Pros

Very easy to use, integrations with Slack make it even easier, automation and reporting great to ease administration. Rewards available are great and even being able to create your own.

Cons

don't like the pricing model of the automated birthday/anniversary, for what it offers seems a bit steep

Response from Bonusly

Replied May 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Alann! We're so happy to hear that Bonusly is enabling your users to acknowledge and encourage each other for their hard work! We also love the Slack integration, and use it ourselves! Birthdays and Anniversaries aren't the only fun things offered in Bonusly Pro! One of my favorite parts of the program is Funds, which is included in Pro. We also offer additional integrations with the Pro plan. If you'd like to review the Pro options and how they could benefit your team, or if there's ever anything we can do to improve your Bonusly experience, please let us know at success@bonus.ly! Thank you for being a Bonusly customer!

Sílvia from Typeform

A great way to foster company culture

I love it, really!

Pros

The concept of it is amazing. The ease of use and the many different reward options there are.

Cons

The emoji menu works pretty bad, I wish it worked as good as the one in Slack. Also, when someone gives a bonus to a group of people, many times you want to add to that bonus but also including the original giver and that's not possible, so you have to create a new bonus for that specifically and we end up with several different bonuses related to the same event.

Response from Bonusly

Replied June 2019

Hi Silvia! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like using Bonusly to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding the emoji feature as well as the group bonuses - I'll be sure to share this with our product team. it's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

Janet from BigCommerce

Easy and a great way to reward your coworkers!

Pros

I love how easy it is to submit reviews and rewards. It's just a few clicks, and you're done. It's also easy to spend your points and purchase a gift certificate, and there's a wide range of businesses that you can select for your rewards. So to conclude, it's easy as both a giver and a receiver of bonsly points!

Cons

I dislike how you have to select one of the preset hashtags in your comment. I'd like to have the option to omit that when it doesn't make sense.

Response from Bonusly

Replied March 2020

Hi Janet! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. We give admins the ability to determine whether or not hashtags are required per each bonus. We find that hashtags helps build visibility towards your company values so I might suggest reaching out to one of your admins to open up a dialogue. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Margaret from Allied Benefit Systems

Bonus Options for Employees

It is a great product.

Pros

I like that all employees get a say in who can get a bonus. It is a great way to help show your appreciation. Someone ran a report for you? Send them points. Someone covered while you were on PTO? Send some points. Its great.

Cons

I love it. I think the things I don't love only really revolve around my specific business. Like I would like a larger allowance to be able to give out more points throughout the month but that is specific to my company.

Response from Bonusly

Replied May 2019

Hi Margaret! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like using Bonusly to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! Ah, whenever I run out of points to give (happens), I like to purchase the allowance boost reward so I can keep on giving! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

A Great Software for Employee Appreciation

Overall, my experience has been great! People feel more appreciated and are happier. It also feels good to receive appreciation for something that you thought no one noticed!

Pros

When a friend told me about Bonusly, I was sceptical about whether it'd be worth its price. Spoiler alert: IT IS! Bonusly is such a great tool to recognize the daily and trivial contributions made by peers and employees, and it is these contributions that lead to the smooth functioning of an organisation, and the ones that deserve the maximum recognition and appreciation. I especially love the custom reward feature, because that allows us to give a more personal touch to the whole system. Also, slack integration is a godsend! The morale and teamwork have definitely improved in my organisation, and I have Bonusly to thank for that.

Cons

I have not run into any issues so far, and neither have my peers. If I had to nitpick, I'd probably love a more subtle shade of green than the one they use in there UI.

Response from Bonusly

Replied September 2019

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Janine from Evolve IT Australia Pty Ltd

Very easy to use and a great idea to be provided to Businesses to acknowledge staff

As mentioned before, I believe Bonusly is a software program that allows staff to acknowledge each other and boost morale in the Office. The Company is shown to care and provide an extra incentive to their staff.

Pros

Easy to use Presented well Updates of ideas for gifts Fantastic software that is provided to allow staff to acknowledge team memebers. This allows the Organisation to give incentives/encouragement to receive gift/gifts once earned enough points. This has also allowed staff to have group lunches which also encourages team morale with their points.

Cons

To be honest I find it straight forward. I have in the past had a few issue's with updating our credit card details. Had updated, but still received email that we owed funds. I find since you made a few changes the platform has a better flow to follow

Response from Bonusly

Replied May 2018

Thank you for your review, Janine! It's wonderful to hear that Bonusly is easy to use and helps boost office acknowledgement & morale! I'm glad to hear we have made the billing process easeir, and if there's ever anything we can do to further improve your Bonusly experience, please let us know at at success@bonus.ly. We'd love to hear your suggestions!

Anja from Spring Initiative

Our non-profit staff of 13 loves using Bonusly! It's been a wonderful way to boost morale!

Using Bonusly has boosted morale for our staff members who feel highlighted and recognized in a prompt and positive way every time the leadership or colleagues list a specific shout-out and tie it to a financial reward. It's been a very fun and positive activity for our staff to participate in - some staff use Bonusly throughout the month, but most make sure they give out rewards before their balance runs out at the end of the month. It's both fun to send the shout-outs and, of course, to receive them. Sometimes our work environment gets exhausting and this is a great way to infuse new energy.

Pros

Our team loves the opportunity to promptly reward positive behavior and helpful acts of service with something tangible like a Bonusly reward. We had been doing shout-outs already, but to actually pair a shout-out with a financial reward that you can save up has been received very well. Most of our staff make sure they use up their allotment by the end of the month. I like that it's easy to reward individuals and teams and let everyone know what I see them or their peers doing really well.

Cons

We didn't like the leaderboard very much as our team works so closely together that it felt counter-productive to introduce this competitive aspect. It made the people at the bottom feel bad and the people at the top felt kind of embarrassed/like they didn't deserve the extra recognition more than many others. We asked the team to remove it and they asked us if we were sure - and then made the changes for us, which everyone appreciated. Not importantly at all, the emoticons are difficult to add using a laptop.

Response from Bonusly

Replied May 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Anja! It's wonderful to hear that Bonusly has boosted morale at Spring Initiative, and helped encourage recognition of everyone's hard work. I'm sorry to hear that the leaderboards were making your team uncomfortable, but I'm glad to hear that we were able to make the changes necessary to fix that! Thank you for taking the time to work with our team in order to resolve that issue! If you have any further questions or concerns, please reach out to us at support@bonus.ly. We are happy to hear from you!

vladimir from FloorForce

Keeps the team motivated!

Keep the team motivated It's engaging Creates an awareness of whats's being done as a team

Pros

It's fun, engaging and keeps the team self-esteem way up high....that's a good thing right? We love how it notifies us when there's some sort of anniversary, people feel really appreciated. It also creates an awareness of how many things are being done in the company, people who go the extra mile gets recognized.

Cons

I wish it could integrate the GIF option better with the Slack app. Other than that we loved it. Some people complained about "why should we give bonuses when all we are doing is what we got hired for" - but after a year of using it we noticed how there has been an attitude shift, it just makes a friendlier atmosphere.

Response from Bonusly

Replied May 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Vladimir! It's wonderful to hear that your team is enjoying Bonusly, and had such a positive attitude shift! I agree with you about the GIF options available through Slack; I say the more gifs the better! We are constantly trying to improve our product, so I will be sure to share with our Product team so we can see what we can do! Thank you for your feedback, and for being a Bonusly customer!

Luisa from ProspectHunter

This is a great tool to reward employees and promote motivation in big teams.

Pros

- You can choose how to spend your points throughout the month, who to give them to and the amount. - The US catalog of rewards is great, there are plenty of things for you to spend your points on, Gift cards from a multitude of places, cash out on Paypal or even donate to your charity of choice. - It has very nice integrations with software that we use at the company and the UI is very intuitive. - It's really great for company games and competitions. I recommend using Bonusly 100% as a way to reward employees for hard work and rocking it!

Cons

- The international catalogs don't offer many choices. There aren't any other cons that I have experienced, I like this product in general very much.

Response from Bonusly

Replied May 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Luisa! We're so happy to hear that Bonusly is helping promote motivation and fun rewards for your team! We are constantly working on adding more international options to our catalog, and hope to have more options available near you soon! If there's ever anything we can do to improve your Bonusly experience, please let us know at success@bonus.ly! Thank you for being a Bonusly customer!

Jesse from Core-apps

Mostly good, a few spots that are rough.

Pros

We wanted a way for employees to recognize the great work that their peers are doing without management always having to be involved. By giving everyone some 'money' to do that, it helps make sure that people feel appreciated and that they have a way to say thank you.

Cons

There are a few of the new features that I think should be included in the base software - especially for those of us who signed up early when there wasn't 2 tiers of product. I'm also really unhappy with the fact that they add rewards whenever they feel like and automatically turn them on instead of letting me control that. There are some causes like Planned Parenthood which can be controversial and I would like the opportunity to review rewards before they are published into our catalog.

Response from Bonusly

Replied May 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Jesse! It's great to hear that Bonusly is working well for your team! I would love to touch base with you about your options regarding the plans and the rewards options. I think we can find some solutions to help! Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to hearing from you and seeing how we can further assist!

Peter from Infopro Digital

I am one the administrators for the company Bonusly account

Useful to see how colleagues (often in other unrelated departments) are working together. It brings people together.

Pros

Very easy to use, navigate and get to grips with. Brand new users instantly understand it and see the benefits of being an active user on the system. As an administrator, I see minimal user queries. Great customer service! Really quick and informative 'chat' feedback.

Cons

On the admin side, the report building is not the most intuitive and sometimes take several attempts to get the correct data exported.

Response from Bonusly

Replied May 2018

Thanks for your review, Peter! It's great to read that your team finds Bonusly easy to use, and that our Customer Success team is able to answer your questions quickly. We're sorry that our admin tools aren't as intuitive as the user side of things. We're always glad to hear your thoughts on what can be improved! Send us an email at success@bonus.ly, or use the in-app chat to send us your thoughts. Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for being a Bonusly customer!

Brian from A and A Contract Customs Brokers USA

Industry: International Trade and Development

Not much to complain about here!

Overall I am a big fan!!! Glad our office decided to bring it to our team!!

Pros

I love the idea of peer to peer recognition and rewards!! I love all of the different options on how you use your bonusly. I also love the giphy feature!!

Cons

The only complaint I have is the limited options for amounts of gift cards. For example, the first time I used my bonusly I had over $300. I decided to take my brothers out for some target practice. When I went to redeem my bonusly and turn it into Walmart gift cards, they highest denominations available is $10. So I literally had to use 30 different printed out gift cards to purchase the ammo. I just think you should be able to load as much money on each gift card as you wish. I'm sure there is more to that, but for ease of use for the end user, that would be a greatly appreciated change!!

Response from Bonusly

Replied July 2019

Hi Brian! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like using Bonusly to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! Sorry to hear that you are having limited rewards options! Would you be willing to write into support@bonus.ly and we can figure out how to get some higher denominations back into your catalog! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

Great way to recognize team members

Overall Bonusly is great. It's easy to use and a fun morale-booster for the team! They add new retailers all the time, as well as charities you can donate to, and it also lets managers add custom bonuses.

Pros

I love how easy it is to recognize and thank my team members using Bonusly. We use it to acknowledge when other team members do something good that fits our core values. It's been a great way to celebrate our successes, and it definitely has improved morale across my team. I also appreciate how frequently Bonusly adds new gift card options!

Cons

No cons to Bonusly - this software is great!

Response from Bonusly

Replied October 2018

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you find using Bonusly fun and easy to recognize your peers. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success brings teams closer and it looks like you'd agree! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

Sarah from Speak Creative

Great way to build team morale

We have been able to cultivate a workplace of generosity and giving thanks to Bonusly. Our team is happier, more grateful, and truly more fulfilled in our work thanks to this tool.

Pros

It's not often I take the time to write a review for a program or software I utilize at work, but Bonusly truly makes a difference in my love for my job. Bonusly allows us to build team morale and congratulate our teammates on a job well done, even when it may go unrecognized by management or other members of our company. This is incredibly beneficial for making sure that people are valued and feel seen and recognized for their hard work. Especially for large teams where small tasks and daily needs may go unrecognized over big wins or where upper level management may not have as much insight into the hard work of each employee as team members do, it's nice to have an opportunity to appreciate hard work and dedication.

Cons

There are honestly no cons. We love this software, and it has truly revolutionized the way our team collaborates.

Response from Bonusly

Replied September 2019

Hi Sarah! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like to use Bonusly to recognize your teammates across our different platforms! It's feedback like this that reminds us of our goals and vision so for this, we're extremely grateful. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

People like it.

People like it.

Pros

It seems to work. People enjoy giving and receiving little micro-bonuses and even seeing other people get them. So that promotes some transparency on what everybody is doing and a general feeling of togetherness.

Cons

It does sideline a certain population who just don't enjoy being in the spotlight. These folks enjoy private exchanges. If there was a way to fine tune announcements for introverts that would address this problem. Not everybody wants to share everything.

Response from Bonusly

Replied May 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that Bonusly is able to promote transparency and a feeling of togetherness through recognition and appreciation! If there's ever anything we can do to improve your Bonusly experience, or if you have any further insights about how we could make the experience more comfortable for some users, please let us know at success@bonus.ly! Thank you for being a Bonusly customer!

Review of Bonusly

Our experience with Bonusly was immensely positive, and it enabled us to maintain a culture of accolade and collaboration. Integration with third party tools like Slack enabled the software to seamlessly integrate with our current workflow which is a must.

Pros

Integrations with other software (e.g. Slack), as well as the ability browse gifs to include directly in the editing field for a bonus.

Cons

Somewhat limited gift card options (although ability to redeem Paypal more than makes up for it). It is also annoying that you are limited to set amounts (i.e. you can't redeem odd amounts, such as $28).

Response from Bonusly

Replied May 2019

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback about Bonusly. It's great to read that you like using Bonusly to recognize your peers and their successes. We think recognizing your colleagues for their success helps motivate teams and it looks like you'd agree! We're always looking to expand upon our existing catalog so please feel free to reach out to us (success@bonus.ly) with any suggestions that come to mind. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,344 reviews