Browse Branch Reviews

Opeyemi from Blessed Academy, okuokoko

branch messenger review

Pros

The update interval for this app is way frequent and actually fixes things. I work with a bunch of friends and with branch messenger, it is much easier to schedule and update our calendar to our taste. Effectiveness has never been this easy and cheap as now, there is no need to have a squabble with anyone over who was meant to do what and at what time, they all constantly get reminded and everyone gets on easy. The upcoming schedule notification is great, the chatroom is just right for sharing information and the news feed is perfect for broadcast messages.

Cons

Branch simply glitches and that's just about everything i hate about it. Sometimes when trying to make a post, branch puts you off with a response about how your post can not be published at the moment, then, you make the post again in an effort to get your aim achieved and then voila, you've got duplicate posts to your name. This is something that needs to be fixed asap.

SHENEA from Healthcare

Love it

It was very easy to use. Loved it alot to use to use it.

Pros

Every feature on this software I like . It was very very easy to learn how to use it didn't take long

Cons

There wasn't nothing I didn't like inlikedd everything about it. Very good software to use lol very easy

Betsy from Starbucks

Branch Messenger has always been easy and convenient to use.

Pros

I love that all you have to do is post the picture of the schedule and it will automatically list all the people working that day and it alerts everyone automatically. I think it is extremely convenient and I never miss a shift this way.

Cons

I don't think that there is a lot to dislike about Branch Messenger. Whenever I had issues with the app, customer support always got back to me quickly. I think that there is this one glitch when I look at the picture schedule and go back, the bottom tab that lets me navigate disappears so I have to exit out of the app and restart.

Melissa from Southeastern Grocers

Industry: Supermarkets

Last resort banking app

When i needed help, Branch actually helped. If you were given key information before having to make a choice & terms weren't so high & constantly changing it wouldn't be such a bad banking app.

Pros

I was in a pinch & just needed a little financial help to get me through until payday & luckily the branch app came through. I was approved a day or so after applying & after they confirmed my employment & banking status.

Cons

The approved pay advance you'd be offered wasn't always the same & sometimes it was nothing at all even. While they kept up-to-date with each account they hold back key info people needing an advance would need to make their decision.

Reasons for Switching to Branch

Pay advance available with Branch but not with chime

Laura from Walgreens

I found this app awhile ago and introduced it to some of my co-workers. We like it. Makes it easier

Just the ease of use of this app. Allows me to check my schedule while away from store.

Pros

It allows us to see our schedule even when we are not at work. Easy to use. Love it. Chat is nice also.

Cons

Maybe be able to delete old schedules, others have forgotten to delete it left the app.

Branch or no...?

I actually within the time of use found it helpful and ease of use was a benifit. It doesn't allow much room to misuse or overborrow.

Pros

I really liked the fact it used two factor authentication and it seemed not as buggy as other platforms I have experience with.

Cons

The customer service response time and solutions offered by its artificial intelligence. It too long of a gap and no one is available via phone which would be more pragmatic and reliable.

Reasons for Choosing Branch

I used branch because it offered its own card and is as easy as downloading the app and plugging in the details. The verification wasnt cumbersome and easily integrated into the workforce. It also recognizes most financial institutions and works with Google pay

Brett from Buffalo Wings & Rings

Industry: Restaurants

Needs some improvement with functionality

Overall, I think it can be a really helpful software. A few changes would need to happen for this to occur.

Pros

I like the overall idea of the software and it helps connect employees together for scheduling issues and to communicate. It’s also good to keep up with my schedule and finances all in the same place.

Cons

I tried to get a advance and i had trouble connecting my bank as well as many other people I talked too. Customer service was quick to respond, but the issue is still not resolved.

Vanessa from Sam's Club

Always easy to use and great for checking your schedule and staying organized.

Pros

That it's easily accessible from my phone at all time and it gives the option to message your coworkers. The messaging option makes getting a shift covered very easy to do.

Cons

Nothing. It's been great, there are very little issues with the app and I've yet to have an issue. Schedule has always been accessible so I love it.

Octavius from Walgreens

Very good program to interact with employer and employees and stay up to date.

Pros

I don't have to save anything to know when I work next and I can easily message my supervisor and other fellow colleagues workers about help at work or needing a cover or change. It also helps keep up to date with things I may not know of at work that are posted for me to be able to know what's going on.

Charles from AutoZone

Wonderfully easy

Pros

Ease of scheduling, ease of trading shifts, just all around makes scheduling and viewing your schedule great fast and easy

Shermanita from Krazy kouponer

Branch

My experience of branch is awesome definitely recommended

Pros

Easy way to spend fund and make purchases onkine and inside the store eady swipe and use of pins with no hasdle

Cons

Its nothing i least didnt like about this card its everything and simple way to use thin enough to put inside my wallet

Jannatin from UC Riverside

Got a Business? Workers and Employees to keep track of? This is your best help!

Great, wonderful, and by far the best application so far that we had to use so far to work as a proper team. So I adore this software!

Pros

This software is one of the best applications in managing shifts and hours for employees. As an employee, I am able to drop shifts, pick up shifts, or give shifts to others who may be able to cover them up for me. It just makes the process so much easier and literally gives a great light to the meaning of "Branch"

Cons

I do not like how a lot of settings tend to not be accessible cause the manager has to approve it but other than that, it is a great software.

Amber from Wagz Pet Market and Grooming

Branch helps me not be so stressed about paychecks!

Overall very helpful for people who are living paycheck to paycheck and need access to their money sooner than they would get paid normally. Really love that they also send you a debit card so you can use them just like you would a bank. Super easy and makes my life a little less stressful.

Pros

I really love the fact that I can get my paycheck a few days earlier than normal if needed. There are some weeks where my bills just fall on the wrong days and getting my paycheck sooner helps me be able to pay them. Also having no overdraft fees is a pretty neat feature as well. My old bank would charge me $30 even if I overdrafted by just $1. Not being charged if I overdraft by a little bit is a lifesaver.

Cons

There is no login required every time I open it. Not the worst feature but having to remember to log out every time I use it so no one else can just open it up is a little bit of a hassle. All my other financial apps automatically log me out.

Reasons for Switching to Branch

Liked the idea of getting my paycheck sooner than normal.

Josheoni from Self-employed

Industry: Wireless

Free and Easy to use

My overall experience is okay what I recommended to my family and friends as of right now no. I personally think that Branch should add a little bit more options and definitely have that online customer service chat whether it being live or a robot. Thank you

Pros

What I liked about branch is that it's simple and easy. I've only use this for a couple of months and I have not ran into any major problems. I like the fact that it's free you could link your bank to it if it qualifies, you can lock and unlock your card without calling 1-800 customer service, you can add funds, you can move funds, link to Google pay, and you can even ask for a Payday advance. That's if you qualify.

Cons

No there are a couple of things that I don't like about it is that I know it's simple and easy to use but sometimes it's a little too simple. Like for example when you want to add funds if you're adding from a bank account it will take three to five business days and for me that's way too long. But also concerns me is that there is no setting to manage alerts for example every time a money is being taken out or my card is being used at the store I want to get an alert so I know with branch there's no settings whatsoever. My last concern is that there is no online chat for customer service. By the time most people get off which is at 5:00 and then get home around 6:00 the banks are already closed. now if I'm sitting there and I want to go over my finances and I see something wrong in my account I don't want to have to wait until the following morning when I'm at work. I want to take care of the issue right then and there with most banks such as Wells Fargo is 24/7. I feel if the customer service is not there then you're never going to be serviced the way you should as a customer. I mean without customers there's no business.

Chad from Starbucks Coffee, Inc.

Great way to connect with employees Ina way that is inclusive and easily accessible.

Just the ease of accessibility in which I have to communicate with all employees at one time.

Pros

Everything! I like that everyone on the app can access and share the same information with ease. I love how not only does it enable you to post and share work schedules, but the app also breaks down the schedule to an easily viewed breakdown per fa of each week. It shows you who is coming in and when on which day so that there is never any confusion as to who is working. I also love how it will alert you two hours before you have your next shift starting, just in case you forget or just didn't see the schedule posted at work. I also love how there is an individual chat option so you can have private conversations with your coworkers about work related issues that not everyone needs to see. Lastly, I love how the app enables a form of communication that doesn't require the use of people's data, minutes, or texts, as many people don't always have unlimited access to these.

Cons

There really isn't anything negative I can think of with the app, other than sometimes it will get the wrong times for upcoming shifts on the daily break downs of the schedule. However, you can just as easily double check the schedule posted in the app in case you feel there might be an error.

James from Walgreens

Fun program good platform

The schedule data lets managers and employees work together without direct contact, saving both groups time and annoyance

Pros

The level of options and systems in the program is impressive. There are basically 4 programs in one, an image share, a calendar, a messenger and a wage calculator. Streamlines the scheduling process for managers and staff as well because you eliminate the need to call in and verify shifts.

Cons

The messaging service seems to use data instead of SMS which can be a problem with large numbers of group members and messages. Also, the coverage tools could be improved by typing in times rather than the rolling clock input

I found Branch to be easy to network with all employees

Having problems editing and changing position and business.

Pros

Being able to post the weekly schedule and shift reminders. I like to use it to add training tips so all the crew can see it. I also use it to praise and recognize individual crew members and the team as a whole.

Cons

I would like More GIFS related to Arby's and the food industry. Sometimes I get notifications about conversations but when I go into the App I can't find the whole conversation that I was notified about, so it's like coming into the middle of something that you aren't quite sure what the original question is about.

Grayson from Starbucks

Perfect for Connecting With Work!

Reminders about shifts, new information from store supervisor, other things important to my job.

Pros

What I personally love about this app is that it's the perfect way to see my schedule and who I'm working with instead of taking a picture of my schedule every week on my phone and taking up more space than what is necessary. The app also shows you how much you make in a week when you add your wage, and also reminds you of your shift a couple hours before! On the main page it also shows you the current weather, which is great if you don't work in the same town as the one you live in like myself. You can post within the app and there is a section to post in to see if anyone needs a shift covered or if you yourself needs a shift covered.

Cons

There isn't really anything that I dislike about the software, but if I had to choose something it would be the "Team" tab which is used for contacting other team members, making groups, etc. I personally don't use it, and opt to just text my co-workers instead, but it is a great idea to have the section inside the app.

Bailey from Dairy Queen

I used Branch Messenger to receive updates from work, and stay updated by my managers

Pros

What I liked most was the ability to post schedule changes or swap with another person, request days off, and the ability to contact my co-workers when I don't have their number. Branch was very easy to use also, and easy to navigate. I also enjoyed how there was different settings for viewing the times I worked in a week, and how you could add someone else to the timeline and track their schedule as well.

Cons

What I did not like s much was on the comments some people would leave, you could not view who liked what exactly.

Alyssa from Tutoring service

overall this is pretty useful for working at a place with a lot of people you don't know well.

the biggest benefit is being able to communicate with my team in an organized way rather than just a giant group chat that inevitably gets off track.

Pros

I like the activities board. I like that people can post a general post to everyone without it being in your messages. i also like that you can individually message anyone, it's very useful especially when you don't know anyone when you first start.

Cons

the individual messaging is pretty glitchy, i hate that i cant send emojis and half the time if I'm trying to have a conversation i need to restart the app to get it to load the new message sent to me. i also hate that i cant adjust my shifts. if I'm covering someone else's shift i want to be able to manually add that in, or vise versa. I also hate that in shift coverage it is filled with a bunch of old stuff from months ago, there should be a filter to automatically get rid of them once the date of the shift in question has passed. i also would like if in the comments for posts on the activity bored you could comment gifs and such

Angela from Cvs pharmacy

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Love using this app, helps keep my team informed and gives a better source of communication open

We have a setup in our system for employees to get schedules but as I've seen not many stores use it because too complicated. This app is so much easier, faster and accurate

Pros

How easy it is to share info with my team. How there are so many ways to communicate with team and they can also keep in touch with other coworkers. Once I post a schedule I like how fast it posts and also sends alerts to others.

Cons

Not all my coworkers can join app. Some phones aren't capable. Also sometimes it's hard for new employee to find store in search

Travis from Outsourcing/Offshoring

I like it a lot but for the very simple features!

Really easy for me to use, it reads schedules very easily and is very accurate. Wish it could customize how many hours in advance. Before shift and change the alert type so could be like alarm

Pros

Easy to get the schedule out. I like that it sends out a notice once the schedule is posted. I like that It's easy to post the schedule by simply uploading a picture.

Cons

Multiple people can delete the schedule. I don't like how the schedule swap works. It seems a bit cumbersome and hard to use. We end up just doing it in store. It's hard to keep up with and easier to use in chat. Also have issues with loading sometimes where I have to log out completely out of app and then log back in.

Jennifer from Starbucks 5785 Falls Ave, NF, ONT

Almost there

Pros

It is very easy to use, and there are some great features.

Cons

Messages do not always send right away, I once received a message 3 months after it was sent... Sometimes Branch does not read a posted scheduled picture correctly, which is confusing for some staff. It cannot differentiate between people with the same first name.

Samuel from CVS Pharmacy

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Perfect for normal use to post weekly schedules for team

Daily alerts, scheduling made easy.

Pros

Ease of use, alerts, filters, engagement areas, and speed. This app clearly does what it promises. Ability to swap shifts and post needed coverage is a plus

Cons

Ability to modify based on the company that uses it lacks. Being able to separate pharmacy schedules and front store schedules would be optimal. Separate profiles for front store and pharmacy so communication is filtered. A to-do section for the teams would help improve store productivity.

Derrick from Walmart

Branch

Great overall experience so far so good

Pros

I love this app..makes managing money very easy an it also has a feature that you can get a pay advance if needed

Cons

Not very many cons to branch but if i had to give one itd be that there is no actually bank location strictly online

BRAD from Playgrounds of Tampa

Great app with free features

We have had a great experience using Branch. Besides the scheduling, it is an awesome tool for communicating with coworkers and pushing out important notices.

Pros

The app easily allows us to schedule our employees and push out communications in a snap.

Cons

It would be cool if this app also had an optional clock in/clock out feature.

Santana from Arbys

Great way to find out when I work and communicate with team members

Pros

The app is very easy to use and self-explanatory. being able to scroll through it and find out what days you have to work is great.

Cons

Sometimes runs slow sometimes and closes out on its own. You might have to reopen it. It would also be nice if it had a night mode.

Allison from Pizza Hut

Branch is a great app! It allows me to stay connected to my coworkers even outside of work.

Using Branch allows me to connect with and keep in touch with my team more than I have in the past. We are able to share updates, alerts, and tips through the app. During Hurricane Irma, when we all had to stay home or evacuate, Branch kept me in touch with my whole team and I knew they were safe.

Pros

The thing I like most about Branch is the ability to connect with my coworkers through posts and updates. Communication has greatly increased in my team since we all downloaded Branch.

Cons

My biggest criticism about Branch is that the functionality could be a bit better. The way my team uses it is more like a social networking tool, and sometimes it's difficult to post pictures because they have to be cropped to fit a square. Additionally, I'd like the ability to post links and share GIFs. Also, posting my availability comes with a challenge, because the app does not allow me to post shifts that start with a PM hour and end with an AM hour. I have not been able to post my availability for this reason.

Jacob from Publix

Industry: Supermarkets

I think this app is pretty neat. I love the ability to see your shifts and your co workers shifts.

I am able to know when my work starts beforehand. I love it and it's awesome because I am a very busy person.

Pros

I love notifications you can get a couple of hours before your work starts. I'm happy that this app exists and I hope that it keeps improving.

Cons

I would like to see in the future updates notification time changes. If I have work at 3 I would like to get a notification two hours beforehand, or maybe the next work day I would like to know four hours beforehand. Also days of the week. So maybe a persons week starts on Monday, but mine starts on Saturday. I would like the availbity to change that options.

Leticia from Starbucks

Branch is such a life saver on looking up shifts to switching shifts!

looking up shifts are so much easy, especially when your double cheking, communicating to others about shift change or just in general are so much easier. Just love the easy use to this!! especially seeing the schedule and day by day timelines HELP ALOT

Pros

What i love so much about the software is how easy it is to look up shifts, look up people, and even commincate with other about shift openings and other important information.

Cons

Sing up is quite difficult because other companies mix with other companies stores ( ex starbucks, mc donalds). as well sometimes the shifts are not read correctly and are incorrectly written.

Ben from Pizza Hut

Industry: Food Production

I work with Pizza Hut and we use this app. I have never had any problems at all with it.

I am able to see my schedule immediately when it comes out, not the next time I work. It is just much more convenient to have in your pocket rather than at your place of work.

Pros

I like that the app will give you notifications on when your next shift is and how available the schedule is.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a little while for the app to load, and it would be nice to be able to choose how far ahead you want the notification for your next shift.

Matthew from Walgreens

Simple and effective

Easy and active communications with a team and fast schedule uploads and viewing

Pros

The app is easy to use and intuitive. The interface and tabbed approach to feature separation is native to most smart phone users and will developed.

Cons

The customization is non-existent. Changing notifications sounds or frequency is all or nothing, and images are downloaded every time rather than cached. Posting times is buggy, with simple text entry passed for a poorly implemented rolling clock design. Messaging does not play well with other SMS offerings and instead uses data or wifi

Carly from Great Clips

Great communication for team

Pros

I like how I can see my hours ahead. I like how I can see my earnings. We have all our schedules posted on this. The app notifies you of your shift starting two outs ahead of time. This can be good or annoying. I like how you can create a profile about yourself.

Cons

I don't like how anyone at work can post anything on the app. Some of the things like details in creating a profile are bit difficult to post. For some reason it doesn't take my information. I don't like how it constantly notifies you. It can be good and bad as I stated before.

Charles from Smith & Wollensky

Great When Emergency Funds Are Needed

Very easy to verify and get funds. After paying back advances, your limit is increased quickly.

Pros

I stumbled upon this product when I was in desperate need of a few extra bucks to get me through payday. I uploaded my banking info, verified my paychecks and was able to take out cash within 24 hours

Cons

There are scheduling features and I'm not sure what their purpose is.

Every so often we have a few glitches with the schedules but it's very easy to use

Pros

I love the fact that it keeps the staff up to date and informed. Also, the way it breaks the schedules down into calendar for ia very convenient.

Cons

We have a large staff and I wish there was an easier way to take a picture of the schedule to make sure all the employees are included in there. Because some times I have to add people in there manually. Or they just don't make it in at all

Love this APP

Pros

Branch is so convenient for our team. We use it weekly for our schedule, shift trades, and general communication.

Cons

The branch pay option is not bad, but the constant notification to use it as first was annoying.

Levi from Starbucks

Easy to use, awesome customer service.

Pros

All you have to do is take a photo of your schedule and the app converts this photo into individual calendar shifts and assigns them to employees. Allows for import of shifts to iCloud/gmail calendars. Notifies employees two hours before your shift. Customer service resolved issues quickly and politely.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that not enough people know about the branch app. Seriously, everyone should be using it. I tried several before this and none even got close to as useful and easy to use. Espescially free.

Making life easier.

I’ve realized that it’s easier to communicate with coworkers about issues for schedule conflicts. It also helped get big messages out to everyone at once such as new specials or company changes.

Pros

I love branch because it allows you to view your schedule without having to carry a copy. Towards the end of my pregnancy branch made it extreamly easy to schedule my appointment around my work schedule because I have my work schedule at the tips of my fingers.

Cons

I honestly can’t think of anything I dislike about branch. It made my work life so much easier.

Jonathan from Zoe's Kitchen

I use branch for my job. It allows easy communication between all my coworkers.

Pros

Branch makes it very easy to switch shifts and still keep track of who is working when. Scheduling is a breeze as we just post a picture on branch and everyone gets it. They send you a notification on when your next shift starts, which has saved me a few times.

Cons

I do not like the color green. It is probably my least favorite color next to yellow(sorry Green Bay).

Hannah from Retail

Great App!

we are using branch at my job, so all of us can be prepared for work! We also have discussions and ask about shifts. It is an amazing app for our company.

Pros

I could be reminded when I had work! It was a life saver! It has all of my shifts on a schedule!

Cons

Mostly, just the bugs and small little flaws that can be easily fixed. But besides that, my bank isn’t on there so I can’t receive branch pay.

Nicole from Dominos

Love using it very convenient.

The ease of knowing my schedule, requesting time off, any problems that may occur information we need to know about anything going on at our business we always know as long as it's posted,updates on what is going on being able to post about needing coverage very simple and easy to use and understand.

Pros

I always know when I work by using the schedule, the fact that I don't have to call to find out is great.

Cons

I think it's off on how many hours it shows that you work, they don't seem to be correct and when things are posted in the activity area it doesn't let me see all of the message that is written.

Simple, sleek, and easy

Pros

It is simple to use. It is a more fun and interactive way to communicate with coworkers. It’s made switching shifts, getting our weekly schedule, asking time off, and getting updates a single simple and easy place to do so. It’s made everything more transparent for us. The messenger makes it easy to access every team member. It doesn’t have many features for the messenger portion as the other tabs due, but it does the job. I love the fact that it tells you how many hours you worked the week and how much you’ll get.i love that we get a notification two hours before our shift starts.

Cons

I don’t like that you can’t see the days you worked once the new week begins. It would be nice to look back on the app of the days you worked previously. It would be nice to also include the estimated total pay amount for the month or two weeks.

Sarah from Dairy Queen

Our store has had a pretty good experience with branch.

Pros

All our team members are able to access the weekly schedule from their phones, everyone gets a notification a few hours before each shift so that they don't forget.

Cons

Our team members being able to post their shifts has caused a little bit of confusion. We had to explain to some of them that if nobody replied to their post saying they would take the shift, then the shift was still theirs. There have been just a couple minor things like this that can cause a little trouble when you're doing everything over the phone.

Michael from Dominos pizza

Great app really takes managing to a new level.

Pros

When an employee cant come to work they can ask the entire staff about coverage without needing anyones phone number also helps managers be more aware.

Cons

I do not have any complaints the app does everything i need it to and then some. Only real improvement would maybe be if when your seeing the schedule it let you go back without having to exit the app.

Ashley from Pizza Hut

Industry: Restaurants

I love using branch, it's a great App and easy to use

I haven't really got any benefits from it, I just use it for work and for scheduling, knowing what days and what times I have to be to work have been extremely helpfull

Pros

I love being able to keep up with my work schedule and knowing who I'm going to work with is a great way to start the day

Cons

It's a little slow and freezes from time to time and sometimes the names get mixed up on the scheduling

Brandi from Papa Murphy's

Industry: Food Production

It really fast and easy

An easy way to see/keep up with work/ work schedule! And see what you'd get paid for that week

Pros

That I can see when I work and who I work with. I can see how many hours I'll receive and how much I will get paid that week! Also, see how many others work too! Also, easy way to get in touch with every staff member all at once!

Cons

It doesn't show my past pays like since I get paid biweekly I'd like to take my last week and week before to add up and see what my paycheck would be but it won't let me review past pays.

Branch Assist helped my small business team to take success into its own hands through productivity

Productivity increased through easy-to-use technology

Pros

Ease of use is a major thing for us. Some of the team is tech savvy and some not so much. This product really worked for everyone at all levels of experience that needed to use it.

Cons

Like anything there are improvements that could be made but they ARE being made frequently so no complaints here.

Nicole from Mansion Ridge Golf Club Troon

easy to use, simple & effective

easy to check when I am working, easy to find coverage

Pros

its very convenient when you need a shift covered or changed, by posting and having management accept its a stress-free solution to a usually uncomfortable situation.

Cons

when shifts are uploaded in pictures, its difficult to see the entire spread of shifts for the entire period laid out.

Dillon from Cvs

Branch is amazing! So helpful!

Pros

I love branch because you can input your schedule directly to your calender! It also makes shif changes very very easy! Awesome app i would recommend to all employers!

Cons

Sometimes when you have had it open in the background for a while, once you go into the app it wont load. Very easy fix though, just completly close the app and restart!

Jessica from Dunkin' Donuts

I absolutely love this app. It's easy to use and the features are are great. I use it daily.

The ease of knowing who is scheduled when, with just a click of a button is wonderful.

Pros

The ease of uploading the schedule is wonderful and I love how it populates the shifts into an easy view of your day. It's great for my employees for swapping shifts and for requesting time off.

Cons

The only glitch that I've noticed is sometimes it will populate the shifts incorrectly in the calendar view. I think that may be more on my end though because the quality of the picture of the schedule is not so clear.