• Pros

• "Very easy to navigate, and personalize. Support center are also very helpful. Thumbs up all the way"

• "Easy to use with a fun and simple design, plus it helps us out with our HR! "

• "Ease of booking online User friendly Not too much information to overload and navigating is really easy Training Manager is really helpful and patient"

• Cons

• "I can't say I've found any flaws yet! It's not free..."

• "Nothing so far the support i received in setting it up was excellent "

• "we've not gone live yet so the proof will be in the pudding!"

Browse BrightHR Reviews

Aaron from Home From Home Créche

Great System

It has helped streamline or holiday system as it has often been troublesome trying to organise them around each other when you've to keep a minimum number of staff

Pros

It keeps all of the information in an easy to use space and helps reduce the amount of paper needed for records. The leave request system is great and being able to notify staff when you've uploaded documents removes the hassle of ensuring everyone receives the information.

Cons

The rota system is a little clunky. It would be great if you could copy a previous published rota or have some way to save the shift times so as you don't have to enter the start and finish time for each staff member on every day. You should also be able to change staff between fixed and variable shifts.

Stuart from RDM Group Ltd.

Modern, user-friendly HR management software

As an employee using BrightHR, it has been a positive experience. I can't speak to the admin features, but my manager appears to be able to do everything he needs to without escalating further, and the user-side is well-designed and lays out key information simply. Everything works that way you think it should and it stores a range of useful data.

Pros

Clean, mostly well-laid out web interface makes most operations simple. A range of useful information including holiday allocation/remaining, details of your time at the company, a calendar of holidays and absences in your team. All functions can also be carried out using the mobile app which works without problems.

Cons

No major complaints. As a user I have been able to find all information and features that I have needed to manage my HR account (mostly annual leave-related).

Response from Bright HR

Replied July 2020

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! Glad to hear you like the app too, let us know if you need any support in the future.

Joanne from Fonthill lodge childcare

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Move from HR Online

We have requested to cancel our contract and go back to HR online which we felt was a much better platform for our needs.

Pros

Nothing. There is nothig that me or any of my 75 employees like about this app

Cons

Everything - there is much less functionalitiy than we had with HR Online and this is supposed to be an 'upgrade' • User interface is complicated and too many clicks needed. • TOIL must be logged by Managers and not employees. • Approval notifications can only be ‘all’ or ‘no one’. • The notes section is not as detailed & does not retain historical information. • The Managers cant see the notes. • The salary section does not retain historical information. • The roster is time-consuming and cumbersome. • The reports are not as concise as they were and we have less options. • Leave requests do not seem to take account of the weekends or public holidays as they did on HR Online. • The app is not downloadable on ALL android phones.

Courtney from Brightgreen Plastics Limited

Industry: Plastics

Getting Started with the System

So far we have just set up the system and are to see how it goes but we already would say our experience has been easy and run very smoothly. We have had the support in setting up over 100 workers and also some great training and support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in how the system works etc.

Pros

What we like most about this system since using it is how easy it is to use. It puts everything we need in one place and helps us track a lot easier.

Cons

Nothing at the minute as we have only just set up.

Reasons for Choosing BrightHR

We chose BrightHR as the demo we received looked simple and easy to use. It also had everything we needed as a business to make it easier for our managers and HR department.

Response from Bright HR

Replied July 2020

Thank you for your review! Lovely to hear what a great start you've had with the BrightHR software.

Roz from Abertay Housing Association

Abertay Housing Association

It is a little too early to say but I am hoping that the reporting system will be most useful. The rota system will also assist with one of our Managers who has to juggle staff members with locations.

Pros

Ease of use for staff, mobile app is so helpful and the ease with which information can be updated.

Cons

There are features which I had with HR Online which don't appear on Bright HR which were extremely useful. I understand that they are being considered moving forward and therefore if they are introduced the system will be second to none.

Response from Bright HR

Replied July 2020

Thank you for your feedback! We're always working on improving what we do.

Excellent product and customer service

No requirement for physical calendar which is prone to errors, staff can access planner anytime and anywhere, approvals for annual leave are straight forward and managed more effectively

Pros

Very easy to use, straight forward setup, very quick to answer queries, customer support has been excellent so far - definitely the way forward to outsource HR for small businesses!

Cons

Some areas needed a bit more explanation and guidance on how best to use

Gemma from Organic 100

Very Easy to Use

Very smooth. From start to finish it was very easy to use, with great assistance!

Pros

It is very easy to use, I was able to set it up with ease. Any questions that I had and was unable to find answers to my account manager was very helpful and had answers for all my queries.

Cons

There are a few things which would be great to be included, for example blocking certain periods of holiday out (ie our peak trading times).

David from Holland Hall Hotel

New Customer

Pros

The software is very simple to set up & use whilst still offering great in depth time & attendance & HR options.

Cons

I would like to see more cross over features where lateness/sickness etc can be identified on a rota & be recognised by the HR system with one feeding into the other. I'm informed this is all in hand & will be an update.

This makes HR a breeze!

Pros

Asking for time off and coordinating the team's holiday schedules has never been easier. I like how simple it makes it for me to ask for time off and to choose which dates will be my holiday time off.

Cons

I don't like how sometimes there are a couple of minor glitches in the calendar when trying to go back a page.

Dan from Peninsula UK

Great piece of kit

Pros

Easy to use which allows us to focus on other aspects of work and allows employees to book holidays via the app which they find really useful.

Cons

Some say its limited in its features, but I find it suits my needs and we're kept up to date from the sales/service team at bright of the up and coming features.

Rachel from Perricone MD UK Limited

Industry: Cosmetics

Induction call

Friendly, efficient service. Ideal for start up companies

Pros

Cons

Would like to merge the payroll with our current supplier so all in once domain

Victoria from Travel Car service (Purley) Limited

Industry: Translation and Localization

Great support

Pros

It's HR all in one place - great for employees, rota and payrol

Cons

If you don't wish to subscribe any longer your a bit lost with all your data.

Stuart from BK Medical

Industry: Medical Devices

Email Support can be slow/poor

I've asked twice for help with Bank Holiday and leave carry over concerns and response was slow in the first case and no reply to date for the second ? Software is easy to learn as both an administrator and user, support issues leave room for improvement.

Pros

Ease of booking holidays and other absences.

Cons

Will not automatically add in Bank Holidays or carry over unused leave to next year.

Debbie from Emerging Communications

The new system is fine, but is lacking some functionality

Pros

It looks good, our staff have had a look at it and find it more user friendly. The support I've received so far has been very quick and proactive.

Cons

The calendar view is not helpful - the old version in HROnline let you easily see at a glance who was away at the same time, Bright HR doesn't do this, I have to click on each individual date to see who is away, which is time consuming and I'm going to have to keep the information in a separate calendar. There is some functionality missing, the lieu bank, meaning that as a business we can't actually start using the system yet. I also can't see anywhere to carry holiday across from one year to the next, which is something we allow, so I would like to see/know if this is possible.

Dan from ConnektRED ltd

Welcome call

Pros

Customer support was very friendly and talked me through everything I needed to know. Use of the site is really easy and accessible which is what I need for my teams.

Cons

Too early to tell so far, but I really cannot see any cons to the software. It’s quick and simple and allows me to focus on what I need to do.

Richard from Highway Assurance Ltd

Industry: Civil Engineering

Bright HR

Bright HR has brought a whole new professional image to our company and as we have grown this is exactly what we needed.

Pros

So easy for my members of staff to book their holidays and see all of their HR files in one place.

Cons

no real cons as is 100 times better then our previous system.

Keeps all your HR info in one place

Pros

I love the request holidays function, that you can store files such as employment contracts on Bright HR and that you can view the calendar for your whole company/department - all this is one place!

Cons

This nothing I don't like about this software!

Anne from Goole Town Council

Time Saving

Easy to use. I can add/change information whenever required. It is so easy to access I can supply anyone with the information the need almost immediately.

Pros

All of the information is in one place and it is easy to access.

Cons

Nothing it is excellent software and I would highly recommend it.

Rachel from Wessex Drive Ability

Really easy to use system

Pros

Everything is so intuitive and easy to navigate around. I love the idea of moving to a paperless system for my employees. Customer support is excellent - very helpful and approachable.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I dislike.

Jen from Greater Walker Community Trust

BrightHR review

Very knowledgable team at Peninsula, system is easy once I got used to it.

Pros

Everything is in one place, a good reference library, and gives us confidence that we are compliant with current legislation and receive information regarding any changes.

Cons

There has been a huge amount of work to complete initially but when completed will ensure compliance. Loads of information, lots of consultation with our team which has been time consuming in an already busy environment, but as I complete each section I can clearly see the reason for each policy and the benefits of having them in place.

Karen from Finishing Touches

FT review of Bright HR

We currently use excel spreadsheets to record everything. Just messy. This will improve systems and save time.

Pros

Ease of use, everything in one place. Backed up to the cloud.

Cons

I have not found any cons. we are very happy with the software

Jeanette from Ford Dental Surgery

BrightHR Review

So far so good, not had any issues to overcome, everything has been A ok

Pros

Cons

Nothing so far, everything has been fine

Geraldine from Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Community Addiction Team

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Community Addiction Team

My experience so far has Been positive. The setting up was very straight forward

Pros

So user friendly ease in navigating through the system.

Cons

Nothing so far the support i received in setting it up was excellent

Marion from Regale Biscuit Co Ltd

Industry: Food Production

Regale

Have just signed-up this week so too early to fully review but looks very good so far

Pros

Looks easy to use. Appears good value for money.

Cons

Nothing so far. We are a new customer.

Chris from Sunday

It is fine but limited

Pros

It is cloud based and has a mobile app

Cons

Your receipts don't have your VAT number on - how hard can it be? I want to be able to export all data so that I can see what fields are missing for which employees

Dominic from Lawrence Walsh Ltd

Industry: Furniture

Initial review

Good

Pros

The ease of use once I had been taught how to use it

Cons

Nothing so far that I can see. It will take a while to get used to it

STANLEY from SECURE EVENTS UK LTD

Industry: Security and Investigations

BRIGHT HR

SIMPLIFIES OUR HR SYSTEM.

Pros

EASY TO USE, AND VERY EFFECTIVE TO OUR ORGANISATION.

Cons

CAN'T UPLOAD SHIFTS ON IT FOR STAFF TO BOOK.

Helen from 3D Events Production Ltd

User Friendly

I am now able to organise staff, records etc. in an easily accessible way. I have had some excellent advice from the HR department and I followed it to our advantage.

Pros

I really liked this system, which is easy to use, even for those less technical. The help staff are very knowledgeable and helpful. Its so pleasant to have someone take their time to explain both the benefits of the system and the assistance you can receive.

Cons

Perhaps its a little too large for my immediate needs, but I can see its future benefit.

Alan from Croydon Mencap

Boarding Training

I undertok this training at the start of the COVID-19 crisis when both I and the trainer were working from home so the usual on-line training wasn't avaibale. The trainer was able to explain the package in a helpful way despite the poor audio quality we experinced.

Pros

Intuitive to use, covers most of what we need it to do.

Cons

would like it to calculate leave entitlement for zero hour workers

Reasons for Choosing BrightHR

We are established customers of Peninsula

Response from Bright HR

Replied July 2020

Thank you for taking the time to post your review!

amy from The Fylingdales Inn

excellent costomer service

we have only just started using the system but it is already showing benefits in logging absences and storing documents.

Pros

has every thing we would need. I especially like the folders to save sensitive documents. it will help keep everything in an easy to find and access place.

Cons

the set up of employees is time consuming but obviously I understand why this is.

Response from Bright HR

Replied July 2020

Thank you for your review, it's great to hear what you like most about BrightHR!

Maria from Shenleybury House Ltd.

Very good, Saves alot of paperwork and it is all together.

Pros

I can keep track of everything in 1 place, Its is so easy to use.

Cons

Nothing, It is so easy to use, It is a perfect tool for a small company like ours.

Response from Bright HR

Replied July 2020

Great to hear BrightHR is helping you manage your business! Thank you for your review.

des from KGH Customs Services Ltd

Industry: International Trade and Development

New User

Had considered alternative products but Bright HR was highly recommeded by an associate organisation. The experience thus far has been exceptional from the initial contact up to where we are now.

Pros

Ease of use, but more importantly the level of professionalism which which the product has been offered, implemented and supported.

Cons

Nothing to dislike as yet - will keep you informed

Harry from GreenFire UCS

Onboarding

So far it really fits in with us as a company & the ethos of compliance we want to adhere to. It is going to be a great benefit for the company & in particular the employees.

Pros

We've just started using it & it appears very easy to use with clear prompts to follow.

Cons

Its too early to say as we've only started using the software

Doug from Woofur Dog & Cat Services

Industry: Veterinary

Great interface, however, lacks functionality

Pros

BrightHR has an easy to use and simple interface. It is great to be able to check HR stuff on a mobile app.

Cons

The software is great for tracking attendance and sick days, however, it lacks functionality when compared to other HR tools. The scheduling capability is quite limited and there isn't a place to record payroll information.

Penny from FEVACA

Bright HR

Looking forward to using the software soon.

Pros

Really easy to use the software and it seems to be flexible, which is really important in my non-standard business.

Cons

For the annual leave, it would have been good to have an option to allow people to view everyone's annual leave without being able to authorise requests.

carl from Nev's News & Booze

Nev's News & Booze

Very good

Pros

Straight forward once explained! Great to have software to help my business to run smoothly.

Cons

I don't really use any software as were only a small business I'm hoping it will help me run my business run much more efficiently. The only thing I can say I least liked about the software was the price!

Dina from ADC Food Ltd

K&R

My experience with customer service has been outstanding, training and response issues have been handled with maximum efficiency.

Pros

I am starting to use this software, but from the first experience, it looks very user friendly.

Cons

Can't tell at this stage, as have not enouogh experience.

Response from Bright HR

Replied July 2020

Thank you for your 5* review!

Abigail from Adder Business Ltd.

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was a great help

Pros

I am really enjoying using BrightHR so far. I had an induction call with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and was really impressed with her knowledge and patience!! Thank you :)

Cons

Cons: What did you like least about this software?

Response from Bright HR

Replied July 2020

Thank you for your great review! Please reach out to us if you need any more support in the future.

Brienna from Quality Car Sales

Bright HR is simple and user friendly

It's a great communicative platform for employees and admin. It is extremely user friendly (big buttons and simple text). It's fun to use.

Pros

It is extremely easy to use and track employee absences and information.

Cons

I can't say I've found any flaws yet! It's not free...

david from djmsheetmetal ltd

Industry: Civil Engineering

life saving company

great . i really feel that they have put the company in a better place

Pros

apps and easy to follow structure helped me create all docs and saved it online

Cons

at first overwhelming but had someone come in and broke it down

Rachel from GrowTraffic

May 2016

Does exactly what it says on the tin!

As a small business, we've found this app incredibly useful and a great addition to the whole BrightHR package. It does exactly what it promises with a really easy to understand user interface; can't fault it really!

Pros

Easy to use with a fun and simple design, plus it helps us out with our HR!

Cons

None actually...we really like this app!

Jamie from ULS & SON Ltd

Future Proof

Very good

Pros

Very easy to use and perfect to future proof us as a business

Cons

Having to input data, But once its done its done!

Response from Bright HR

Replied July 2020

Thank you for taking the time to post your 5* review!

Jo from Something special florist

Great product

Great help

Pros

Helps people that’s new with dealing with employees with simple software package with all you need.

Cons

There was nothing I didn’t like about it.

Natalie from Smoking Gun PR

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

May 2016

User friendly and efficient!

As an Office Manager in a fast paced environment, this app is really user friendly and efficient, which makes it extremely good to use, a great addition to the BrightHR package.

Pros

Fun and simple, pretty self explanatory.....

Cons

have not come across any as yet!

Niamh from Hegarty Financial Management

Bright hr

very positive

Pros

user friendly. allows me to have a central structure and data base to keep track of annual leave and any other leave

Cons

there was nothing I didn't like about the software

Alison from Vitality Care

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Prompt

I have yet to use BrightHR but from what I have seen it will be an asset to my company

Pros

Ease of use and everything is in one place

Cons

There was nothing I did not like as I think everything will be useful

Paul from Ragazzi Café

Industry: Restaurants

Just started using it, great so far.

Pros

It puts all my employee related information in one easily accessible place.

Cons

Still have to do all the updating of details myself

Emilia from Labourtech

User Friendly

quick and easy to set up, really helpful support and account management

Pros

a straightforward system and simple to use

Cons

we've not gone live yet so the proof will be in the pudding!

Denis from Warehouse W39

Pleasant

Pros

Clean, very user friendly, with good features.

Cons

A tool to import data into the system would be much appreciated, also connectivity with Bl!p

ADELA from Peel veterinary clinic ltd

Industry: Veterinary

Best app ever

Pros

cuts down on paperwork easy to use great for the staff to keep track of sickness and holiday

Cons

haven't found any as yet