What are BrightHR users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using BrightHR software through verified user reviews

• icon"The ease of use once I had been taught how to use it."
  • icon"A range of useful information including holiday allocation/remaining, details of your time at the company, a calendar of holidays and absences in your team."
  • icon"I especially like the folders to save sensitive documents. It will help keep everything in an easy to find and access place."
  • icon"At first overwhelming but had someone come in and broke it down."
  • icon"There is some functionality missing, the lieu bank, meaning that as a business we can't actually start using the system yet."
  • icon"I don't like how sometimes there are a couple of minor glitches in the calendar when trying to go back a page."

Browse all BrightHR Reviews

• Have you used BrightHR and would like to share your experience with others?

Aaron

Great System

It has helped streamline or holiday system as it has often been troublesome trying to organise them around each other when you've to keep a minimum number of staff

Pros

It keeps all of the information in an easy to use space and helps reduce the amount of paper needed for records. The leave request system is great and being able to notify staff when you've uploaded documents removes the hassle of ensuring everyone receives the information.

Cons

The rota system is a little clunky. It would be great if you could copy a previous published rota or have some way to save the shift times so as you don't have to enter the start and finish time for each staff member on every day. You should also be able to change staff between fixed and variable shifts.

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for your review! We're always looking at how we can improve what we do so keep an eye out for updates to the rota.

Michelle

Excellent

Excellent software that allows you to manage the HR process all in one place!

Pros

The software is easy to use and benefits from intuitive navigation systems.

Cons

Nothing to note at present. The features are well thought out.

Overall support package

Response from BrightHR

Excellent, we appreciate you taking the time to fill in this review. We will continue to improve the functionality of the system to better the experience of our valued customers.

Joanne

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Move from HR Online

We have requested to cancel our contract and go back to HR online which we felt was a much better platform for our needs.

Pros

Nothing. There is nothig that me or any of my 75 employees like about this app

Cons

Everything - there is much less functionalitiy than we had with HR Online and this is supposed to be an 'upgrade' • User interface is complicated and too many clicks needed. • TOIL must be logged by Managers and not employees. • Approval notifications can only be ‘all’ or ‘no one’. • The notes section is not as detailed & does not retain historical information. • The Managers cant see the notes. • The salary section does not retain historical information. • The roster is time-consuming and cumbersome. • The reports are not as concise as they were and we have less options. • Leave requests do not seem to take account of the weekends or public holidays as they did on HR Online. • The app is not downloadable on ALL android phones.

Response from Bright HR

Sorry to hear this. We've contacted you directly to get this resolved.

Clare

Fantastic Product

Overall, a fantastic product and system. Very easy to use, and most importantly affordable for SME's!!

Pros

I decided to implement and tailor the Bright HR for my business. I spent so much time running on excel sheets! This has completely changed my routine, it saves so much time and I feel I'm are far more efficient in managing my staff.

Cons

There's nothing I can say thats negative.

Reasons for choosing BrightHR

Price and quality of product

Response from BrightHR

This is brilliant, it's great to know we were such a big help with bringing your HR into the cloud.

Deborah

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Demonstration of system

I had a really good call with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] to introduce me to our new Bright HR system. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was very professional and understanding during our call. Excellent customer service skills and understanding when the original call time had to be slightly delayed. Really pleased that I now have an understanding of the system.

Pros

Very easy to navigate...................

Cons

Not at this stage.......................

Response from BrightHR

Fantastic! we always aim to provide an excellent service to all our clients and are very happy to hear of this exceptional example. Please do feel free to contact any one of our super-friendly team if you need support.

Replied August 2021

Garikai

Brightsafe

I have switched to PARiM for shift co-ordination (rota)

Pros

It easy to use, comprehensive and it has all relative information I need for my service.

Cons

I am not able to search specific courses on the eLearning. The software does not give me the option to assign and monitor progress of the employee progress on the eLearning.

Response from BrightHR

Thank you so much for your review, we really do appreciate this. We love to hear how we can improve therefore, I have passed on your suggestion to our developers in the hopes this is something we can see in the future. So that we can pass this on, we would require some additional details from you so we can keep you updated. Can you please contact us at feedback@brighthr.com and we can get the ball rolling on this for you.

Richard

An Awesome Easy to Use Interface

Excellent so far

Pros

The ease and speed at which the system could be implemented and accessed is astounding considering systems that I have used in the past. The onboarding was clear and concise and as a business owner it feels like a huge weight has been lifted.

Cons

Nothing as yet. The whole process from initial call has been very clear and simple.

Response from BrightHR

Fantastic! we really appreciate your opinion on our software. We are continuously improving our product and hope that this will continue to improve your experience with us.

Faye

Brilliant System

Pros

Integration of the system into our current day to day was easy and straightforward, and training was brilliant. The platform is really easy to use.

Cons

Currently, everything is brilliant and I would not criticize anything

Response from BrightHR

This is fantastic, I am happy that everything so far is positive with the system and hope this continues throughout your journey on Bright HR.

Roy

BrightHR Review

Time management for me. Using this software will make my life so much easier

Pros

My introduction today by [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was very friendly, helpful & professional

Cons

No negatives at this time. I believe this software is excellent

Part of Peninsula package

Response from BrightHR

Brilliant, we appreciate your comments and love that our software makes life easier for you.

Gareth

Amazing software with amazing support

Awesome

Pros

Everything, I was pleasantly surprised with its capabilities

Cons

N/A its all good literally nothing bad or even slightly negative to report

Response from BrightHR

This is a brilliant review! we really do appreciate this and love to hear that there is nothing negative about your experience with Bright HR.

jenny

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Review after help given.

Great, clear, help when needed, the team have all set themselves up without any dramas and now using daily. Also really handy with the absent request which comes through on my email. Just a lot smoother running.

Pros

The easiness of setting it up and that I can monitor all of the teams clocking in and out. This has helped immensely in making sure we are all on time and what happens when there is an over run.

Cons

Getting used to it, Ive signed up to the seminars as I don't feel like I am using it to its full potential. In the first form, I could not find our "industry" and have clicked the top one. We work in Arboriculture (trees).

Reasons for choosing BrightHR

Came as a package when we signed up to Peninsular.

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for your review. Great to hear this is something you're now using daily within your business!

Kevin

Industry: Cosmetics

Great Support

If your stuck on anything or unsure how to operate it, the Bright HR team are always on hand to take your call to support you. They are always happy to talk to you, it feels personal.

Pros

its very easy to use, and the dashboard helps you navigate through the platform

Cons

All the features are easy to use and keeps all holidays etc all in one place

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! Great to hear this wonderful feedback.

Stuart

Modern, user-friendly HR management software

As an employee using BrightHR, it has been a positive experience. I can't speak to the admin features, but my manager appears to be able to do everything he needs to without escalating further, and the user-side is well-designed and lays out key information simply. Everything works that way you think it should and it stores a range of useful data.

Pros

Clean, mostly well-laid out web interface makes most operations simple. A range of useful information including holiday allocation/remaining, details of your time at the company, a calendar of holidays and absences in your team. All functions can also be carried out using the mobile app which works without problems.

Cons

No major complaints. As a user I have been able to find all information and features that I have needed to manage my HR account (mostly annual leave-related).

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! Glad to hear you like the app too, let us know if you need any support in the future.

Rachel

Industry: Cosmetics

Induction call

Friendly, efficient service. Ideal for start up companies

Pros

Ease of booking online User friendly Not too much information to overload and navigating is really easy Training Manager is really helpful and patient

Cons

Would like to merge the payroll with our current supplier so all in once domain

Reasons for switching to BrightHR

Penninsula

Response from Bright HR

This is fantastic feedback. We're always working on new features so keep your eye's peeled for updates.

Victoria

Industry: Translation and Localization

Great support

Pros

It's HR all in one place - great for employees, rota and payrol

Cons

If you don't wish to subscribe any longer your a bit lost with all your data.

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we do have a whole host of reports available to export your data. If you need any support with these just get in touch.

Courtney

Industry: Plastics

Getting Started with the System

So far we have just set up the system and are to see how it goes but we already would say our experience has been easy and run very smoothly. We have had the support in setting up over 100 workers and also some great training and support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in how the system works etc.

Pros

What we like most about this system since using it is how easy it is to use. It puts everything we need in one place and helps us track a lot easier.

Cons

Nothing at the minute as we have only just set up.

Reasons for choosing BrightHR

We chose BrightHR as the demo we received looked simple and easy to use. It also had everything we needed as a business to make it easier for our managers and HR department.

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for your review! Lovely to hear what a great start you've had with the BrightHR software.

Stuart

Industry: Medical Devices

Email Support can be slow/poor

I've asked twice for help with Bank Holiday and leave carry over concerns and response was slow in the first case and no reply to date for the second ? Software is easy to learn as both an administrator and user, support issues leave room for improvement.

Pros

Ease of booking holidays and other absences.

Cons

Will not automatically add in Bank Holidays or carry over unused leave to next year.

Response from Bright HR

Sorry to hear about this issue, we're currently reviewing this internally so that we can improve what we do.

Roz

Abertay Housing Association

It is a little too early to say but I am hoping that the reporting system will be most useful. The rota system will also assist with one of our Managers who has to juggle staff members with locations.

Pros

Ease of use for staff, mobile app is so helpful and the ease with which information can be updated.

Cons

There are features which I had with HR Online which don't appear on Bright HR which were extremely useful. I understand that they are being considered moving forward and therefore if they are introduced the system will be second to none.

Reasons for switching to BrightHR

The Bright HR system looked more user friendly and had better reporting features as well as having the rota option.

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for your feedback! We're always working on improving what we do.

Michelle

BrightHR and Blip

BrightHR relieved the headache i had in contacting all the staff with the same message. Being able to issue one message to all or even select employees makes life easier.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and the added feature of drag and drop makes creating rotas much easier.

Cons

The fact there are a few bugs when using on an IOS device, but this is something that is being worked on and I'm confident it will be fixed.

Reasons for choosing BrightHR

They were recommended by a company we are already using and with the option to try before we signed up to anything, it made perfect sense.

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for your review! We're always working on improving the software so keep an eye out for an update in your app store that will fix this.

Deborah

Bright Hr

At times like covid 19 all the support is at hand and is registed and easy to find

Pros

Very easy to use and excellant support service

Cons

there is nothing i didnt like about the software

Through Peninusla

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for the great review! Lovely to hear this feedback.

Stoyan

Feedback

Really simple and straight forward. I am satisfied with the level of training received today.

Pros

The employee section is really useful as well as uploading documents.

Cons

I need to use it a little bit to notice some cons.

Reasons for choosing BrightHR

It came as part of our Peninsula package and my first impression of the software is that everything is laid out neatly and it is simple enough to navigate for someone with no experience with such platform.

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Great to hear your feedback!

Replied July 2020

Excellent product and customer service

No requirement for physical calendar which is prone to errors, staff can access planner anytime and anywhere, approvals for annual leave are straight forward and managed more effectively

Pros

Very easy to use, straight forward setup, very quick to answer queries, customer support has been excellent so far - definitely the way forward to outsource HR for small businesses!

Cons

Some areas needed a bit more explanation and guidance on how best to use

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! If you need any more support in the future just get in touch.

Gemma

Very Easy to Use

Very smooth. From start to finish it was very easy to use, with great assistance!

Pros

It is very easy to use, I was able to set it up with ease. Any questions that I had and was unable to find answers to my account manager was very helpful and had answers for all my queries.

Cons

There are a few things which would be great to be included, for example blocking certain periods of holiday out (ie our peak trading times).

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for taking the time to post your 5* review.

Debbie

The new system is fine, but is lacking some functionality

Pros

It looks good, our staff have had a look at it and find it more user friendly. The support I've received so far has been very quick and proactive.

Cons

The calendar view is not helpful - the old version in HROnline let you easily see at a glance who was away at the same time, Bright HR doesn't do this, I have to click on each individual date to see who is away, which is time consuming and I'm going to have to keep the information in a separate calendar. There is some functionality missing, the lieu bank, meaning that as a business we can't actually start using the system yet. I also can't see anywhere to carry holiday across from one year to the next, which is something we allow, so I would like to see/know if this is possible.

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for your review, we've now added some of these features, just get in touch with us at support@brighthr.com to find out more.

This makes HR a breeze!

Pros

Asking for time off and coordinating the team's holiday schedules has never been easier. I like how simple it makes it for me to ask for time off and to choose which dates will be my holiday time off.

Cons

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for this fantastic feedback! If you do run into any issues just get in touch with us, we're happy to help get these resolved.

BrightHR