What are CareerPlug users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using CareerPlug software through verified user reviews

• icon"The cost is a terrific value for what is included."
  • icon"The support team who we have dealt with has been absolutely Fantastic. Patient, Helpful and sincere."
  • icon"Easy to use, wide reach, great customer service, provides good quality candidates, good metrics and dashboard."
  • icon"There are really not any aspects that are difficult to use in this software."
  • icon"They recently had a server issue with out the proper back-ups. The server crashed and we were struggling to use the program for approx 2-3 weeks."
  • icon"Lack of reports and trouble finding a candidate."

Browse all CareerPlug Reviews

• Have you used CareerPlug and would like to share your experience with others?

Debbie

Recruiting made easy with Career Plug

Career Plug staff have are attentive and quick to offer assistance. The system is never off line and company is always looking for ways to stay ahead of the curve.

Pros

ATS is designed for busy operational retail hiring managers who do not have the luxury to sit in front of a desk top all day. Intuitive for different users and work styles as they navigate the workflow for each candidate.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. We were early adopter so worked through some end user suggestions which the team was very open to.

Reasons for choosing CareerPlug

Easy one click for applicants and quick learning curve for hiring managers. Thank you.

Response from CareerPlug

Thank you so much for the 10/10 review, Debbie! We're so happy to hear that you're having a great experience with our software.

Sasha

Career Plug Review

This has made the hiring process much easier to navigate through. Communication is so much better. Overall I love this software!

Pros

I like how everything flows. I like the templates and how the system makes the hiring process easy. I also like how it is easy to share communication across my team.

Cons

I have found that searching for specific jobs isn't always the easiest from a hiring manager standpoint. Having to look through the dropdown through all job templates to find the open positions is confusing for hiring managers.

Reasons for choosing CareerPlug

It seemed to best fit our hiring needs and was the best fit financially

Response from CareerPlug

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, Sasha! We are so happy to hear that our software has made your hiring process easier.

Kh

Great company just needs tweaks

Great customer service and assistance there's just better applicant tracking systems out there for larger companies. For a smaller company I would use them.

Pros

The ease of the software is great! Its easy to train staff to use

Cons

The features and functions dont always make sense on how they flow together. And the cost is way higher than it should be for what you get.

5-7 ain’t bad!

Careerplug has made finding applicants and hiring so much easier than in the past. We are able to receive applicants that are pre- qualified and vet them appropriately. We’ve hired five out of the last seven applicants that applied through careerplug. This makes the value 100% satisfactory. Careerplug reduces our hiring budget, and saved us valuable time... and time is money!

Pros

We love getting the applicants that are specific to the position we are hiring for.

Cons

We Would like more applicants when we have an active ad.

It was a one stop Shop

Reasons for switching to CareerPlug

It was a test

Response from CareerPlug

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We're so happy to hear that you're having a great experience with our software.

Dominique

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Time Efficiency and Hiring with Ease is what every My Gym needs!

Like many of us that are Owners and/or Directors of My Gym Children's Fitness Center, one of the priorities in this business is to provide a top-notch quality program and the utmost care for the children and families. In order to achieve this and more, we all need staff with the potential to become outstanding My Gym Teachers. For me, there was no place better to find this than through CareerPlug! I was very pleased to participate in testing the applicant software for CareerPlug. It's very intuitive, easy to use, and reaches more credible job seekers than other sites and sifting through emails of career inquiries. There is a great balance between ease of use and features finding the most qualified candidates via the Personality Assessments that makes the hiring process effective and completed immediately. Their unparalleled support addressed issues (if any) quickly and assisted with customizing new job ads perfect for the gym. Cutting down on the time spent filtering through each applicant has been one of the most important features for me. We are all very busy teaching classes and running a business. Not only has CareerPlug met that expectation, but also has excellent service with an easy to learn, quality system. I highly recommend using CareerPlug to recruit the best candidates that will exemplify who we are as a company and in turn, be an amazing My Gym teacher!

Pros

CareerPlug keeps things in a centralized location with the Personality Assessment Scores, Applicant Profiles, Resumes, and Pre-screen Scores all on the same page!

Cons

A feature I would like to see modified is to make the email responses from the hiring manager to the applicant via the applicant profile page. We see the responses from the applicant, but it would be nice to reply immediately through their profile.

Diane

Makes Hiring a Breeze!

It is a major time saver and makes my job so much easier and something we no longer have to have a dedicated position for.

Pros

I love that all applicants can find our job posting across different platforms. I love being able to advance candidates through hiring process and have all communication in one place. My favorite thing is being able to have all new hire paperwork completed here as well and I can keep up with/access all the things related to each applicant with a few key strokes.

Cons

Learning all over again after all the updates. They have updated twice with major changes in layout and function.

Reasons for choosing CareerPlug

Our Franchisor selected it as an option for all franchises.

Response from CareerPlug

Thank you so much for the great review, Diane! We're happy to hear that our software has made hiring easier for you. -Lauren T, CareerPlug

Replied July 2020

Ed

Very Happy with Career Plug

Pros

Easy to use Updates in real time. The information that I can give about the job is relevant to my needs

Cons

Don't know if prospect receives the assessment

Reasons for choosing CareerPlug

The hands on customer service

Response from CareerPlug

Thank you so much for your 5-star review, Ed! We're so happy to hear that you're having a great experience with our software.

Sydney

Industry: Restaurants

CareerPlug is the Way to Go!

Pros

CareerPlug is intensive to setup, but once you have it customized to your unique business, it is easy to use, monitor, update, and maintain. It's intuitive, helpful, and takes a lot of the administrative work and automates it.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that it is difficult to setup. It requires a lot of work to get it up and running, but once it's done, it's pretty much done.

Response from CareerPlug

Thank you so much for the 10/10 review, Sydney! We're so happy to hear that you're having a great experience with our software.

Ryan

Extremely good product

Careerplug has been a life saver from start to finish. As an owner hiring and firing is a key component to my roles and responsibilities. This product makes that task super easy.

Pros

This product is easy to use, and consolidates all of the candidates into one place. I can make decisions on multiple candidates at a time, and then move them through the hiring process with ease.

Cons

The HR section of the site doesn't seem to be as intuitive as the hiring side. It still works, but we have had to work through a few bugs namely sending paperwork to newly hired candidates to sign.

Response from CareerPlug

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, Ryan! We're so happy to hear that you've had a great experience with our software.

Ayesha

Increased our Applicant Reach!

Overall, CareerPlug has become an asset for our company. We've been enjoying it thus far!

Pros

What I most like about the software is that it is integrated with many job boards and we have seen an increase in quality applicants globally.

Cons

What I dislike about this software is that the jobs do not refresh by themselves once expired. It would be great if there was a feature to automatically refresh a particular job posting.

Response from CareerPlug

Thank you so much for your 5-star review, Ayesha! We're so happy to hear that CareerPlug is helping you reach more quality applicants.

Replied June 2021

marc

Industry: Environmental Services

Owner

Staffing - finding people that enjoy working in the weather.

Pros

Steady flow of applicants once parameters are established.

Cons

With parameters set - like a current MI drivers license required - applicants still reach me without one.

Price - quality

Reasons for switching to CareerPlug

Quality - quality

Response from CareerPlug

Thank you so much for your great review, Marc! We're so happy to hear that you're having a positive experience sourcing applicants with our software.

Steve

Very functional Software.Very Helpful Team!

Pros

The Software offers features for sorting and assessing applicants which are fantastic. Surprisingly, it allows us to craft ads and post them from within Carrerplug.The support team who we have dealt with has been absolutely Fantastic! Patient, Helpful and sincere. Great Asset! The cost is a terrific value for what is included. We got the HR and onboarding package. This makes our work so much easier and having all these documents in one place rather than emailing back and forth to applicants/hires is helpful.

Cons

Although it has a TON of features the UI, I feel, could be more intuitive. Make buttons for functions not just small text links placed in less than intuitive places. Software should allow for objectives (reviewing applicants, changing text etc) in a simplified way. Too much clicking around to learn. By redesigning this should lessen the contact with your (great) customer service team.

Brooke

We love CareerPlug!

Our overall experience has been great and has really organized our application process.

Pros

Here at Hubbard, we receive a handful of applications a day. This system keeps the application process very organized. The step by step system is easy to use and keeps us on the right track during the hiring process. We are also big fans of the prescreening questions/ assessments. When sifting through a handful of applications, the prescreening tools make it simple to arrange our top choices.

Cons

If we could change something, it would be to have the option for different home screen layouts for job postings.

Response from CareerPlug

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, Brooke! We're so happy to hear that our software has made the hiring process easier for you.

Replied March 2020

Tim

Game Changer

some of my fasttrack emails go to the applicant's junk mail thus I don't know if they're non responsive or just don't know I've emailed.

Pros

Allows me to proactively be in constant recruit mode. Cloud based so I can access information and never worry about losing both prospects and hired team members information. Can use to maintain employees as well.

Cons

Would be nice if interject stronger sales assessments.

Response from CareerPlug

Thank you so much for your 5-star review, Tim! We're so happy to hear that you're having a great experience with our software.

Joshua

Building a pipeline

I would forget to file resumes and track references in the approporiate places if it wasn't for this feature on career plug.

Pros

I like the organization of the software. The ability to complete tasks and document each conversation we have with the applicants is a wonderful feature that allows us to prepare for the interviews and track progress!

Cons

I don't know how to gauge the effectiveness of the assessments used by Careerplug. Most people get low scores on the math portion and or state that they didn't get a link for the sales portion.

Response from CareerPlug

Thank you so much for the 10/10 review, Joshua! We're so happy to hear that you're having a great experience with our software.

Tara

Super User Friendly!

Pros

Product is very user friendly & welcoming to the eyes. There have been a few enhancements that have improved the functionality of the platform quite a bit. Although an applicant may apply several times throughout the year it groups everything together. Customer service is super!

Cons

When an applicant completes an application one time, if they aren't selected & come back a year later & try to apply their original application is still in the system & can't be updated.

Mel

Fantastic Service

Easy to use. great customer service.

Pros

It is very user friendly. The response to the ad's are impressive. Easy to use and easy to track candidates since we dont have a ATS.

Cons

I hear that we dont get front page listings from salespeople at Indeed.

Response from CareerPlug

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, Mel! We're so happy to hear that you're having a great experience with our software.

abby

Good for multiple users and locations

Pros

I like Careerplug because you can use it for multiple locations and users. We can post a job and access just our own applicants or those from neighboring spots. New option to post/boost on Indeed is a good improvement.

Cons

A little difficult to navigate if someone applies for multiple jobs or had a prior interview. Clunky but good value.

Nathan

Changed the admin of our business

I can be working with our admins staff and everybody is on the same page as everything is kept together. There is no me holding files on my side that someone else has or vice versa. Everyone that needs access has access!

Pros

That I am able to get all the admin for each employee from starting the hiring process to on boarding the employee and keeping all their documents in one place all together. Knowing that they have filled out all the forms required is huge!

Cons

This is the first software we have used for this so honestly dont have anything I dont like.

Response from CareerPlug

Thank you so much for your 5-star review, Nathan! We're so happy to hear that you're having a great experience with our software.

Amanda

Recommend this!

overall great! Excellent customer service

Pros

Easy to track applicants and see where they are at in the process

Cons

no cons that I can think of at the moment

Response from CareerPlug

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, Amanda! We're happy to hear that you've had an excellent experience with our client support team as well.

Matthew

Great way to automate the hiring process.

This product allows you to automate the hiring process pipeline from start to finish and allows for easy collaboration between hiring managers and HR.

Pros

Easy to add jobs and create email templates to save time when dealing with a large number of applicants.

Cons

Option for integration into your website could have more features and be easier to work with.

Response from CareerPlug

Thank you so much for your 5-star review, Matthew! We're so happy to hear that our software has made your hiring process easier.

Jon

Great Tool

Excellent.

Pros

The system is easy to use. From planning your campaign to phone interview setting up the face to face interview and selecting.

Cons

At times the web interface is a little slow. It takes a few seconds for some pages to load.

Reasons for choosing CareerPlug

I chose Career Plug because I heard of it through and IWCA conference.

Response from CareerPlug

Thank you so much for the 10/10 review, Jon! We're so happy to hear that you're having a great experience with our software.

Janet

Highly Recommend Career Plug!

WOW! Awesome product - love it. So easy to use. We have had no glitches or problems with the program. It does everything they said it did and more! My end users love it too - has improved efficiency in hiring, improved communication with hiring managers and the candidates and let us go paperless! Made our lives in so much easier!

Pros

Ease of use. Fantastic A+ Service Team who respond so quickly and are so friendly. System is seamless, intuitive for both the company and the candidate. Allows the hiring process to be paperless. Electronic scheduling of candidates is probably my favorite component. Can use the system from anywhere. Mobile friendly. Assessment options are great. Good email template options to respond to all candidates.

Cons

The only thing that I don't like is that I did not buy the product sooner!

Nick

Overall great resource

Great service that allows me to focus on my business operations while still receiving candidates to follow up with at my convenience.

Pros

It allows me to focus on my day to day tasks rather than searching for candidates. They are in my inbox so all I have to do is filter them.

Cons

Not applicable, I have not discovered anyth6at this point

Response from CareerPlug

Thank you so much for the 10/10 review, Nick! We're so happy to hear that you're having a great experience with our software.

Adrienne

September 2016

Picking CareerPlug was a great move!

Pros

What I like most about the software is it's functionality and interface. The interface is very user friendly which made training our Management team a lot easier. The service we have received has been great. Any time we have a question or need help we have always been able to reach someone on their service team and in instances where we have to leave a message we always receive a quick response back. This is our first real attempt at using an applicant tracking system prior to that our applications were done on paper. CareerPlug comes with a lot of features and functionality that we have yet to start utilizing. We can't wait!

Cons

The thing I like least about the product is that as you move an applicant through the recruit flow and designate them as "hired" in the system they are automatically moved to the "teams" section of the website. This is a minor issue. To me the teams section should only list users with login access.

CareerPlug