Browse ChartHop Reviews

Zachary from ZoomInfo

I love ChartHop

Pros

I use ChartHop almost every day to check the organization charts of our company, as it's ever growing and ChartHop always makes it easy to see who reports to who and who is in what department. It's also fun to see people's birthdays and work anniversaries :)

Cons

Sometimes the search function can be hiccup-y, but it often rights itself after a second try.

Janet from Assurance

ChartHop Does Great Org Charts

Pros

I like that I can download org charts into a PowerPoint or pdf.

Cons

As the org has gotten larger, I'd like to be able to only download org charts for FTE's but don't see the option without selecting every applicable department.

Kate from Apeel

Industry: Biotechnology

User-friendly & Customizable

Pros

This product is very user-friendly and customizable. The custom field mapper and custom field capabilities make Charthop a great place to store all types of employee data, and the search & filter features make it easy to find what you're looking for within these data sets.

Cons

Sometimes the ease of configuring data in the system can lead to a lack of clarity about what changes were made when. However, this can be avoided with good SOPs and documentation, and by limiting administrator access to only a few key team members.

Rachael from Zoominfo

Industry: Research

Pretty Good

Overall pretty good, the pros definitely outweigh the cons and I think the ease of use is pretty good.

Pros

We use this for setting our MBOs and it does make is fairly easy to see what is being done. It breaks it down by month and has you label each goal which is very helpful.

Cons

I think the only issue I have is I wish the interface of editing a goal was a little easier after it has been submitted instead of someone else having to do it.

Ilya from Bettercloud

ChartHop offers a lot of information and is easy to use

Pros

That it was easy to use and provides a lot of information.

Cons

UI used to be clunky but with the latest update definitely got better

Sarah from Ripple

Great and intuitive first time user

Pretty intuitive to use as someone who is logging in for the first time. I also appreciate that you can look up your compensation adjustments over time and that it shares the % variation.

Pros

I like that I can go in and see past reviews. It would be great if we could get a 360 review that was viewable by the employee. (That might already be a feature and my company has not opted into that part). I also really like the vesting chart displayed.

Cons

The new additions to the company ("People Moves") should not be on the main dashboard. It would be helpful if the dashboard is employee specific and then we toggle over to a company page that includes starts and anniversaries, etc.

Michael from Assurance IQ, LLC

User Friendly

So far its been a pretty useful tool!

Pros

I like the fact I can look up anyone in our company and see how to contact them. Our company is so large with agents across the US. This program allows me to figure out quickly who they are and who they report to and how to get ahold of all of them. It also allows me to see the hierarchy of different departments within my company and how rapidly we are growing. The program is very user friendly!

Cons

Sometimes its not always up to date but it does take a few days, but that might be a delay on our end of reporting it.

Great for hiring planning

Overall, Charthop has been positive for our org.

Pros

It allows us to create a process for hire approval and management changes.

Cons

Changes are not the easiest if you don't know how to code.

Daniel from BetterCloud

The Employee's Guide To The Company that I wish I had had throughout my career

Pros

It makes it easy to navigate through the company, find the people you need, find out what are the responsibilities of the people you interact with, and figure out who's where and what's what after the latest company re-organization.

Cons

The navigation on the organization chart uses gestures in a way that is not intuitive to me.

Harter from ZoomInfo

Industry: Information Services

Charthop helps AMs

Allows me to quickly and easily get responses to customers and solve their problems.

Pros

Being able to search for internal employees based on their department and responsibilities allows me as an AM to loop the proper internal asset into a conversation with a customer and/or get the answer I need to a rare questions.

Cons

Nothing, it is great. Has always done what I need from it.

Andrew from ZoomInfo

Good tool for tracking quarterly goals & visualizing org charts

Overall I think Charthop is a great tool, but I wish they would address the issue I called out above!

Pros

I primarily use ChartHop for two things: tracking quarterly goals, and visualizing org charts. For goal-tracking, the interface is simple and intuitive and I couldn't ask for much more. My thoughts on the visual org charts feature are similar. The tool we used to use for this was very clunky, but ChartHop does a great job of making it easy to navigate and move around.

Cons

When you are writing up your quarterly goals, ChartHop does not save your progress as you go. One time I accidentally hit the back button in my browser and lost all of my progress. Now I write everything in a google doc and paste it into ChartHop when I'm done.

Albert from BetterCloud

Easy to use, fluid UI

Pleasant, as a User I just use it to see org changes in my organization as they happen

Pros

Org Chart, Job openings. I am fan of the new 'map' feature which has been great as the company moved to remote.

Cons

Jumping around the org unit (going to different depts, going one level up) used to be more difficult, but it has been made easier overtime.

Cherie from Zoom Info

Industry: Market Research

NEW Charthop

good

Pros

Easy to update and edit, lots of options

Cons

Lots of options some harder to find then others

Alex from Remitly

Great for New Employees and Admins!

Overall ChartHop is a great tool that I use daily. I'm so glad that our company has this resource available to employees, especially as an administrative assistant working with multiple calendars.

Pros

I love that I can easily look up employees and org charts!

Cons

User experience within the org chart. It zooms in and moves around too easily making it feel almost disorienting. I love the idea of being able to move around the org chart easily, but I think I would prefer it to be a bit more static.

Noreen from Remitly Inc.

Using ChartHop

Charthop provides as an opportunity for employees for become aware of each other. In this new normal, we are able to know each other even when we do not see them in person.

Pros

I like seeing birthdays and anniversaries. This allows me to be personal and get in touch with co-employees. The organizational chart shows the whole company and is easy to manage.

Cons

At the moment, I could not find anything I do not like with ChartHop. I have not encountered any glitches yet.

Melissa from Statespace

Industry: Computer Games

Easy to Use

Pros

The ChartHop Org chart feature has been fantastic for our company. With such a rapidly growing and organic company sometimes it is difficult to keep track of who falls where in the structure, now it is never an issue.

Cons

So far, we have not really experienced any cons. Sometimes we thought there was something missing, but usually upon further examination, the feature was actually there we just didn't know it!

Matthew from Remitly

Very useful tool for finding help via org structure, or learning more about your coworkers

Pros

I love how quickly I can learn about my coworkers and their place in the company. I use ChartHop all the time to view coworkers profiles or look at org structure to find a point of contact. It is also awesome that you can view the org structure in past years to see what has changed.

Cons

I think the visual hierarchy and typography could use some improvement.

Rajiv from Showbie

Ease of use

Easy to identify employee trends through surveys. Team hierarchy and information tracking.

Pros

It is very easy to use. It integrates with Slack which helps us to complete surveys and forms. We can track the entire timeline of our activities in the company.

Cons

Everything looks great from what I use. I don't see any limitations at the moment.

William from Zoominfo

ChartHop Review

Pros

I like how easy it is to navigate around Charthop and how the different tiers of the organization appear as you "zoom in" on different department leaders. It has a very modern feel and functionality, very intuitive as a user. Our organization has been growing a lot and so this tool helps me learn new key players on the team and also stay up to date on birthdays and anniversaries of my colleagues.

Cons

I think sometimes the zooming/ scrolling with the mouse function can be hard to control but that is really the only negative I can think of.

Stephanie from Zoominfo

Industry: Research

Great Platform

Pros

Enjoy using this platform, being provided ways to set goals for myself, and keep me accountable is great!

Cons

I haven't come across anything that I have not enjoyed using. Everything is very user friendly!

Kevin from BetterCloud

Great tool for seeing org updates

Pros

Easy to see the org structure and pull up details about people. Great to see personnel changes posted right to the dashboard as well.

Cons

For what charthop does I feel it is sufficient in keeping me updated about the org.

sai from ZI

My charthop review

Pros

Org chart is cool and interesting easy to navigate and get company overview.

Cons

Goal settings can be improved and also its not that intuitive.

NITYA from Bettercloud

best software

I use it on a daily basis and its the best

Pros

all the info that you need about your org and its employers

Cons

nothing that i don't like about the software.

Daniel from Turing Video

Overall ChartHop experience

Pros

I like the way it distributed the organization chart and employee profile. It looks detailed but concise, and it also includes the history of the company. The charts are easy to read and searchable.

Cons

I think it will be better if the search button can include all deactivated employees' status. In other words, it will be easier if there is a group chart for different job positions, including options to clear or include the deactivated employees.

Nick from Turing Video

Easy to use and great team

Pros

We like the org chart most. We compared a few other options and this is our favorite one.

Cons

Looks good to me. I have no further questions.

Ariana from ZoomInfo

Industry: Information Services

ChartHop for the win

I think it's great that management can see everyone's goals and know what we hope to accomplish professionally. I'm sure it makes it easier to have conversations regarding everyone's future at the company.

Pros

I like that I can see the hierarchy, people moves, and birthdays/anniversaries all in one place so I can see exactly what's going on within the company.

Cons

It's a little bit difficult to put in goals. The form broke a couple times while I was using it, but it did eventually work.

Joe from Ripple

Great product for employee surveys

Pros

This was a great product for employees to quickly fill out a quick, easy-to-access, and easy-to-use survey for self-identification. As a member of the LGBTQ community and ERG group at Ripple, I was happy to see that our company was giving everyone an opportunity to self-identify. This promotes a good culture and gives us the stats to improve!

Cons

On the end user side, I thought it was intuitive, easy-to-use, and had a good interface. No complaints from me.

Henry from ZoomInfo

Great Product!

Pros

It's great to have a simple and easy to use place to keep track of employee goals, and to review with management, especially when it comes time for merit based raises, its unparalleled. I also really enjoy the Org chart functionality so you can understand the exact reporting structure of every dept.

Cons

I haven't encountered any specific issues with the software.

Enrique from Ripple

Works Great

It's been amazing so far.

Pros

Being able to see the things that are important all in one place with a clean user interface.

Cons

None. It does what it needs to do. Perhaps some visual improvements to hero data. Micro interactions.

Stephanie from InVisionApp

ChartHop review by Stephanie Taras

Pros

I like being able to easily drill down into organizations visually. I also really like the fact that it includes birthdays. I also like that you can see who is in your area. This is helpful in a fully distributed company.

Cons

I don't like the accuracy of being able to see where someone lives, but it seems like this feature might have been toned down

Shwetabh from Even Financial

HR Use

Very much enjoy using it.

Pros

Organization chart is extremely useful as well as employee profiles to outline equity, compensation

Cons

It's pretty 'loud' and there's a lot in the view at all times.

THELMA from Remitly

My review

Pros

- The org chart view. Being able to easily find people, see their reporting and team assignations as well as their title. In a global organization, there are so many teams we don't work with as often so a quick check on charthop is very useful.

Cons

I've not used it enough yet, at the moment do not have a least liked feature.

McKay from Remitly

Org Chart life everything easier while WFH

Great!

Pros

I really like the org chart, especially as my company is working from home and many teammates are joining remotely

Cons

I don't have enough experience with Charhop to say

ChartHop - Super easy Org Chart

Great!

Pros

It's super easy to navigate and search through our org chart of ~500 employees. You can even see where someone is based and get a direct link to them in Slack. Great for remote orgs!

Cons

The UI feels just a little dates. At least in our implementation. I found getting to a map view to be a little counterintuitive.

Emily from Crisis Text Line

Very helpful

I've really enjoyed ChartHop so far! It's a lovely user interface, efficient, and easy to navigate.

Pros

ChartHop is easy to navigate and makes it incredibly simple to quickly find the information you need.

Cons

My only issue is the org chart navigation. It could be user error, but the chart zooms in and out quickly which makes it difficult to use.

CharHop Review

Excellent program irreplaceable

Pros

Easy to use! organizes the company structure with no issues

Cons

there are nothing I like least about this software

A clean, clear view of the org chart and more

Easy to use, good UI, very useful understanding reporting in a department or whole org.

Pros

Love the fact that you can go back in time and clearly see who was at the company years ago, who is having an anniversary, who is being promoted, who is departing, etc.

Cons

I think it does what its supposed to do very well.

Sarah from Assurance IQ

Very easy to use

Pros

Charthop is not only very easy to use, but is very beneficial in my role when working with many people through the company, especially being such a large remote team.

Cons

So far, there have been no issues I have encountered with ChartHop

Eric from ZoomInfo

Great system compared to what we have used in the past.

Great, would recommend to most companies 1000+ employees.

Pros

Org chart is great and easy to find what I want to see. It is also easy to set objectives for quarter.

Cons

Sort of difficult to figure out at first but much better than other systems to be honest.

Hayley from On Deck

So far, so good! Easy to understand from a user perspective

Pros

It's easy to use, a fairly simplified layout and only gets better the more data you put into it.

Cons

If you have a very flag org chart, it can be a little challenging to everyone in a single layer, in a simplified, zoomed out screen.

Sarah from Aetion

Overall super useful software!

Pros

Everything is organized very clearly and easy to navigate. It's very helpful, especially to understand levels of management within your company with the interactive flow charts.

Cons

Nothing! I think it's set up really nicely.

Morgan from Showbie

As a user, I love that all the information is in one place

Pros

It's nice that everything is in one place and easy to find

Cons

There's a lot of information available, it would be nice to have the most used information easily surfaced

Reasons for Switching to ChartHop

We were using too many tools to meet the same needs

Jake from InVision App

ChartHop

Pros

Charthop's visualizations provide simple and beautiful to stay up to date with my companies organization design and reporting structure

Cons

UX of progressively disclosing reports. The digging part seems overly complex.

RALPH from Tile Inc

Industry: Consumer Electronics

ChartHop easy to use and great for HR Analytics

Pros

ChartHop easy to use and great for HR Analytics

Cons

Not applicable for this. There is nothing.

Reasons for Choosing ChartHop

Peter from Amyris Inc

Industry: Chemicals

Easy and Convenient

It was easy to use

Pros

Everything that I needed to ensure the allocated compensation was fully implemented to my satisfaction

Cons

No negatives. It was really easy and convenient

Reasons for Switching to ChartHop

Our corporate headquarters made the switch

Hannah from InVision

Foundation for Starting at a Company

Pros

I like that with a simple search of a department or person I can see the highlights of their job and where they are located.

Cons

Don't have anything - it works great for me.

Eri from Community.com

ChartHop in our org

Pros

I like that it can be integrated into other websites. It is integrated to our internal website which i love

Cons

We don't utilize a lot of the features that are offered

Prab from Community.com

Easy to use!

Pros

The org chart is easy to navigate and you can build different sheets based on different parameters

Cons

Nothing in particular, I really do find Charthop easy to use.

Eph from Remitly for Developers

Awesome

Exceptional

Pros

Get to access the whole Org chart and get to know all of my company office mates.

Cons

Not easy to use search option, more training options or guide.

Thomas from On Deck

Essential for Remote Teams

Pros

Simple, navigable UI/UX that adapts in real time to changes, views, and functions. Awesome stuff!

Cons

N/A no issues thus far having used it for a bit!