• Pros

• "User friendly, Mac friendly, great support. Competitively priced."

• "Very easy setup. Being able to add and delete items in the player file. Print forms to screen then email. Best it's always updated I do not have to do this myself."

• "What I like most about CheckMark is that it gives me the option to deposit directly in physical checks, its interface is very intuitive and it is very positive that it is compatible with Windows 10."

• Cons

• "I cannot think of anything wrong with the program."

• "No problems on either, they always call back if I need attention, the cost is reasonable for the product. I do wish it had a job costing that was not attached to the MultiLedger."

• "outlook of the software, need to provide some more features like direct sms, email, other tax purpose forms."

Browse CheckMark Payroll Reviews

Claudia from Claudia Menton, DDS

Have used CheckMark Payroll from the beginning

I have always used a Mac since computerizing my dental practice in 1994. CheckMark Payroll has always been user friendly with all of my apple computers, no matter what OS I was using at the time. The customer support has been prompt, courteous and always got the issue solved. The updates are easy to install. It has been so great throughout the years to have such a reliable, easy, yet efficient payroll and year end software for my business. The software and support packages are very reasonably priced compared to other companies. And as I said, customer service has been outstanding and easily available. I especially like the ease of use, since I am the "IT" person in my business, and don't like to waste time on computer issues. I prefer to focus on my patients instead!

Pros

User friendly, Mac friendly, great support. Competitively priced.

Cons

Never had any unsurmountable issues.

Response from CheckMark

Replied April 2017

Claudia,Thank you Very much for your review. Team CheckMark

Carolina from Huawei Technologies

Software for companies that want more help to manage payroll.

It is an excellent payroll software easy to use for small businesses that want a complete solution DIY and the ability to host their own data.

Pros

Cons

The only drawback I can find in this application is that it is intended only to small businesses rather than large companies that handle a larger number of employees. It would be interesting if it could expand.

Sara from Rockford Municipal ECU

Not Satisified this year

I have used CheckMark Payroll for years and was satisfied up until now. Software is not performing up to the price it costs. Will be looking for other payroll software options.

Pros

I have used this product for 10+ years. Have found it easy to use and set up

Cons

This year the product has not met our needs. I had to manually put in fed withholding for 1 employee because it was not calculating correctly. (This issue is fixed). Now I am manually calculating accrued vacation and sick time for employees because it is not adding vacation and sick time for all employees. I bought this software because I didn't want to have to manually keep track of accruals.

June 2016

Rhonda from Gro Rite Bookkeeping, LLC

June 2016

For over 20 Years

Pros

Since 1994 I have used Checkmark payroll and MultiLedger accounting software and love it. The user friendly ability to set it up, manage the accounts and update without major learning curves makes this my number one choice!

Tonette from PETERSON TAX & BOOKKEEPING SERVICES

Payroll made easy

I do like this product.

Pros

Cons

Little Frustrating to make changes on checks. Also choosing a month for payroll and reports you have to scroll through every month instead of a drop-down box and making a selection which would be quicker.

Marlene from Creative Health Products

THis program is delightful. The support staff walk you thru problems, never making you feel "a computer dummy". Easy to install. Easy to use.

They - CheckMark - have made quarterly /year end reports almost a pleasure. All that is required is to double check your imput.

Pros

Everything - set-up and changing employee information- quarterly/year end tax returns. Payroll - each and every portion of the basic payroll program is very easy to use.

Roger from Green Mountain Realty, Inc

Payroll Software

I used the software for years and updated the tax tables manually. After purchasing an updated copy I found out I would have to update yearly. Breaking down the cost for one or two employees every updated year, I decided to go with a full service company.

Pros

It is pretty easy to use and interfaces with CheckMark's Accounting program, MultiLedger. Cost is the same no matter how many employees you have.

Cons

The cost is high if you only have 1 or 2 employees. You can't use it for longer than the current year, requiring an annual software update.

April 2015

Margaret from Wetzler Studios

April 2015

Hassle free payroll processing

Hassle free payroll processing

Pros

Constant updates and patches, with alerts when you open the program to let you know they are available for download.

Cons

I don't believe the program offers the option to file taxes directly.

May 2016

Anne from Rim rock

May 2016

CheckMark Payroll is good

Product has many features and is easy to use. Handles all the payroll functions, including reporting .When help is required, support team is there to help.

Response from CheckMark

Replied May 2016

Amit from Vishwakala Machine Tools

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Good software to start

overall good software with good features.

Pros

user friendly, covers all advance fields, different tax fields to meet your need, other modules for extra payments, automated reports.

dan from american superstores

Checkmark Payroll

Checkmark is very easy use, my timecard exports to it easily and it interfaces with my accounting system for a minimum of work on my part

Tatia from Rose Music Group

Worst Technical Support

Poor

Pros

I paid for technical support. They tell you they will call you back, won't give you a specific time and then give you a very rude response when they say they can't help it if I'm not by my 1099 software 24/7 waiting for their call. Used it for 5 years. Never again. Also, this software does not work well at all with MAC fyi. Every year, I've had to call customer support to be able to import the prior year.

Cons

Technical support, glitches with Mac. When I first started using it, their technical support was great. Not sure what happened.

Reasons for Choosing CheckMark Payroll

March 2016

William from Serenity Elite

March 2016

Simple, cost effective and Efficient..........

Checkmark makes payroll a seamless good experience. Hiring employees is easy. The best thing is that they support if you stuck anywhere. I am using this software from last 1 year and happy. There is nothing which i dislike. All payroll headaches have been eliminated. No filing of paperwork required. All of our taxes are already calculated and taken care of and we don not have to do a thing.

Response from CheckMark

Replied April 2016

February 2015

Cheryl from Sunshine Babysitting

February 2015

Very satisfied with this product

Pros

I love this program. I had recently tried a popular program for payroll and did not like it at all. CheckMark Payroll loads quickly, there aren't a hundred steps to go through to set up employees; it is very user-friendly and accomplishes exactly what I need for my business!

Cons

I cannot think of anything wrong with the program.

Rhonda from Dr. R. J. Jensen Dental Corp

HR Help

Pros

This software is fairly easy to use. It requires very little training.

Cons

It is not advanced as I would like for the way I normally do payroll.

Response from CheckMark

Replied October 2018

Carolina D,Thank you Very much for your review. Team CheckMark