• Pros

• "The software is easy to use and has a great interface. "

• "The software is straightforward and the support is exceptional."

• "It is very user friendly! I also love the auto save feature."

• Cons

• "Searching for a project while in time-sheet view is cumbersome. Given today's technologies, this could be much better. Excel output row heights are 'funky'."

• "There are some nits in the time entry form if I’m searching for things to complain about, but overall I have no major complaints."

• "There are only 3 security roles available, even though you can configure access at an individual level it can be somewhat time consuming. "

Browse ClickTime Reviews

Paul from PCR Environmental, Inc.

Great for Time and Expense Tracking

We've been using ClickTime for over a decade and I wouldn't want to track time to different projects from different staff or consultants any other way.

Pros

Users can enter time and expenses from the ClickTime App or website from anywhere they're working (or vacationing). Automatic prompts if time entry deadlines are missed and seamless integration with Quickbooks Pro to allow for Client Invoicing and Payroll processing.

Cons

Some features are not need for all employees (expense tracking for instance), but it's an all-or-nothing subscription.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Paul, Thank you so very much for your wonderful review of ClickTime. We are thrilled to hear that is has been so successful for you and your team! Have a fantastic day! Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Joel from Northeast Forest and Fire Management, LLC

Industry: Environmental Services

Easy to use and enables me to do my work not spend all my time running the software

It is dependable and easy to use.

Pros

ClickTime is extremely easy to learn. I had no problems setting it up and my employees have had no problems using it. The software enables me to have employees enter time and expenses themselves with a high degree of accuracy, quickly, and easily. I did not have to reconfigure my operations to use the software it worked how I was configured because of its adaptability.

Cons

Not having a plan that covers multiple people for a flat rate is an issue. Also given the frequently changing staffing levels and that I use per diem employees the monthly subscription by person while flexible for most is an issue for my operations. The software does not have the ability to automatically track compensation time or accumulate it and use it, nor does the time off module have an accumulation rule set that works for me. If I could create compensation and time off accumulation rules by hours worked or weeks worked, it would be better, and I would get the time off module.

Reasons for Choosing ClickTime

It was one of only a few products that did time and expenses easily, simple to use and setup, and a reasonable price.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Joel, Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. We're glad to hear that ClickTime has been beneficial for you and your staff in many ways over the last 2+ years. We recognize your request for compensation time and more flexibility around our pricing structure because your staffing changes over time. We will work with our product team to address these issues and look forward to continuing to partner with you for a long time to come! Thanks, Ethan

Kimberly from RSR Technologies

Industry: Research

Support Team

ClickTime is user friendly and I haven't had any of our employees to complain. They actually like ClickTime better than any other software we have used in the past. I think we will be using this for years to come.

Pros

This software is user friendly. Being the administrator isn't hard either because ClickTime has an excellent support team that takes out time to listen and help to the best of their ability. I am always more than satisfied when I have to contact the support team. Keep up the excellent work!!!

Cons

I don't have any cons yet with the software. I guess the only thing I can think of is I wish I could convert the data into an invoice, but that's not enough for me to complain. Great software.

Reasons for Choosing ClickTime

ClickTime is easy to use and compatible with our windows software

Brittany from North Carolina Coastal Federation

Helpful tool, but could be more helpful

This has been a helpful tool for our company, and with little funds as a nonprofit, the price is pretty good as well. Employees, supervisors, and admin use this daily to help get our work done

Pros

I like that my employees can easily divvy up time spent on program and grant related activities. As an administrator, I like the time off module because it helps to track vacation requests and automatically sends to a supervisor (reducing time and paper). The vacation accrual feature in this module is also helpful to reduce time and allows employees to check their balance at any time without bugging me for it. We also use the expense module and that has become helpful as well in reducing paper and time for supervisors.

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to adjust expenses on the admin side after they have been submitted. If a change needs to be made to an expense project/job, admin can not adjust it, instead you have to reject it, have the employee change it and then resubmit it. Also while most reports work well for my needs, I have tried working with support to get a nice report with an employees expense sheet followed by the applicable receipts (being able to select a expense sheet status, or date range would be a cherry on top). I was told this kind of report would cost extra because it is customized. It seems to me this would a natural report for an expense module. Currently I have to pull all expense sheets, and pull all receipts and piece them together. Also when I added the expense module I was told it integrated with Quickbooks. However, it only integrates with the Desktop version, not the Online version.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Brittney! Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime. I am going to reach out to you directly to share some great news. I have a way for you to be able to print out expense sheets with attached receipts, (without having to have a customized report) and I will be happy to get you our NEW QB Online connector! I am so very glad that you were able to share your needs so we know how best to serve you and your team. I will be in touch. Best Regards, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

MATT from Mapping and Planning Specialists, Inc.

Industry: Public Safety

MaPS, Inc.

As a consultant, I get paid for my time - and my days are often broken up into many tasks for many different clients. Tracked time = billable time and ClickTime allows me to quickly and easily track my time and run reports for monthly invoicing. Bidding new jobs is more accurate now too, since I can easily run reports by phase and task to see how I did on the last similar job - and estimate the hours/price the new job accordingly.

Pros

Easy to set-up and easy to use. Low cost.

Cons

Can't copy/paste/add repetitive tasks - have to fill out entry for each.

Reasons for Choosing ClickTime

Can't recall - we've been a satisfied user since 2011.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied February 2020

Hi Matt, Thank you so very much for the wonderful review of Clicktime. I see that you asked for the ability to copy/paste/add repetitive tasks? I will reach out to you directly to help me understand the need in more detail and get this feature request properly logged for you. I look forward to speaking with you and thank you again for your wonderful feedback on ClickTime. Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Lisa from C2 Strategic Communications LLC

ClickTime empowers our team

When I came on board, we were a four-person company using Excel spreadsheets to track everything on our individual hard drives. As we've grew -- we're now four times the size we were -- we needed a way for managers to see where we were on hours in somewhat real time. ClickTime allows us to do so. Managers can run reports to see who's on vacation, how everyone is doing against their time allocation budget, where we stand on clients to date. It's a great tool that lets them see their clients' status without solely relying on the accounting department.

Pros

ClickTime is intuitive to use and set up. We use the following modules: time tracking, expense reporting, time off management and resource planning. The mobile app makes mileage, expenses and receipts a breeze to track paperlessly. Time tracking, time off management and resource planning empower our account managers to use our clients' dollars wisely and our team members to manage their time appropriately.

Cons

Data exports flat only with custom reports. It's a bit clunky in handling retainer clients. There's not a way that I know of to write off/down time.

Reasons for Choosing ClickTime

We chose ClickTime for its ease of use and a pricing model that was friendly for a small business.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied January 2020

Hi Lisa, Thank you for your review of ClickTime! I would love to get some more details around your retainer clients and how we may be able to create a workflow for write-ups and downs in your system. I will reach out directly to schedule some time with you. Many Thanks, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Mic from Woodman Telco

Industry: Civil Engineering

Great Software for a Growing Company

Clicktime allows us to track hours, job functions, and expenses to individual projects. I also like the dashboard features which allow us see a quick snapshot of where our budgets are currently sitting and if we are close to exceeding project budgets.

Pros

Clicktime is easy to use and easy to track your hours by project, employee, client, ect. We are a small company but are spread out across multiple states. Using both the online clicktime portal as well as the IOS app have made tracking employee time easy.

Cons

We've had trouble integrating clicktime into our Quickbooks, it may be user error, but we've not quite figured it out yet.

Reasons for Choosing ClickTime

I chose clicktime for our company because it gave us greater flexibility to track project time and expenses.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Mic, Thank you for the wonderful review of ClickTime! I'm glad to hear that you've found it easy to use and beneficial to your organization. Keep your eye out for an email from us regarding our Quickbooks integrationwe'd love to help you get it running smoothly! Best, Cali ClickTime

Tom from Webvitality, a div of Flourish Press Inc.

Served Us Well

The data we got from ClickTime was instrumental in helping us really determine our profitability per service line, per client and per person. Before we implemented, we were flying blind.

Pros

With a complex client base, we were able to customize to support a lot of daily entries. Great reporting and lots of customizations we could make to our reports. Very stable platform. In 8+ years it was almost never down.

Cons

We struggled with the mobile app. We started long in 2012, long before app came out. By the time it came out, we found it cumbersome. We never really tested the most recent versions as my team works all on desktop environment.

Reasons for Choosing ClickTime

At the time we made a decision, it was the most aligned with what we needed.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Tom, Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime. I will be more than happy to review the Mobile v2 application with you and see if this would be a good fit for you and your team. Thank you for your feedback and have a fantastic day! Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Lucas from East Coast Metrology

Great Time Tracking Software!

I have enjoyed using ClickTime, it has made my daily routines much easier.

Pros

It made my life as an employee completing time sheets 95% faster than our old Excel Spreadsheet method. Also, completing Expense Reports and linking them to Jobs. As a manager, it made my life much easier tallying multiple employees and expenses time to one job.

Cons

Sometimes the Stopwatch or the other method wouldn't hold the time you put in and cause you to have to backtrack, but this does not happen often.

Not sure.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Lucas, Thanks for your feedback! It's great to hear that ClickTime has helped you both as an employee and manager. Your feedback helps us discover new opportunities to improve and make sure you have the best possible experience. Please continue reaching out to our Support team if you have any issues or questions. Best, Ethan

Dan from Enrich Consulting, Inc.

Exactly what we need

Pros

ClickTime is reliable, simple, and does everything we need without extraneous features getting in our way.

Reasons for Choosing ClickTime

The aggregation of hours across employees for billing made ClickTime an easy choice.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Dan, Thank you so much for your review of ClickTime. I'm so glad to hear that you are finding value in our product! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can assist with. Best, Cali ClickTime

Dana from Siva Corrosion Services, Inc.

Industry: Civil Engineering

User and Administrator friendly

Pros

We have been using Clicktime at our small engineering firm for over 10 years. Several of our employees are out on projects, they love the ease of using the phone app to log time and enter/upload receipts. As an administrator I find the program to be very straight forward and user friendly. Every time I call in to get help or ask a question they are professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. If you are looking for a great, user friendly software to help track time and expense and give you the data you need to track projects and send invoices I highly recommend Clicktime!

Cons

We are looking forward to more updates and progress on the phone app. Occasionally we have a conflict with our computer settings and clicktime.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied February 2020

Hi Dana, Thank you so very much for the wonderful review of ClickTime. I have reached out to you directly because I have some great news. We have a new mobile application and I would like to invite you and your team to participate in the public beta. We are glad to hear that we have provided you with such a positive experience and look forward to continuing that trend in the future. Many Thank, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Oleg from Plaut Consulting LLC

Time tracker and Expense reporting - in one pot

Positive

Pros

I like friendly UI, offline mode of mobile app and combination of time tracking and expense reporting. Plus standard, out of the box reporting fetures. Easy to start.

Cons

Limited customizing features, slow custom development, weak integration API in Expense module. It is not a software for for time tracking on operational task level - in fact, you can tract only actiity types (they named it tasks). For the projects where we have dynamic tasks list (like support), and we want to track time on the level of each incident, we have to use anoter solution (redmine), and upload data to Clicktime. Price is also somenthing what you have consider. E.g. you can use another comparable time tracking for free. For us Expense tracking module is a anchor

Reasons for Choosing ClickTime

For us Expense tracking module is a anchor

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Oleg, Thank you so much for your review of ClickTime. We always appreciate your honest feedback. I have just contacted you regarding the Expense API. I've also passed along your feedback to our Product Team for review. They are aware of your requests and I hope we can provide the desired functionality soon. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any additional questions or comments. Best, Cali ClickTime

Robbin from Eastland County Crisis Center, Inc.

Makes payroll a breeze

Almost 11 years using ClickTime, I don't ever see us using anything else. We've told many other organizations like ours about ClickTime and each one that has tried it has purchased the software. It just makes good sense in creating accurate timesheets.

Pros

ClickTime in a non-profit world has decreased the amount of time in processing payroll. Everything is right the first time once the employee submits their timesheet. The reports needed for our grantors can be run in just a couple of clicks. No more pulling timesheets from folders. The electronic signatures meet the requirements that our state and federal funders require which means less printing and filing. ClickTime is versatile in the ability to add multiple funding sources. Being able to inactivate old funders and creating new funders is easy. Our agency has used ClickTime since 2009 and wouldn't think of using anything else. The creators of ClickTime seem to improve the software each year with even better reports and ease of use for everyone.

Cons

Due to the fact that our pay week ends at 5 p.m. on a Friday instead of midnight, we are unable to get grant percentages on time spend on each funder accurately. Clicktime is not set up to end a pay week like that.

Reasons for Choosing ClickTime

This was the first product we tried out and we just loved it.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Robbin, Thank you so very much for your review! Great news! I have an appointment set with Rhonda next week to talk about the cutoff time and to see how I can help! I look forward to working with your team. Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Ian from UBSafe Inc.

Industry: Industrial Automation

Core software for our business

Top Notch. In a recent review with CRA where we showed our overall tracking and accounting system they were very impressed with our level of organization - Clicktime is one of three components that comprise our system.

Pros

The interface and functionality is excellent for myself as the company director, for our accounting person to track and gather hours on projects, and for our project manager to watch where the projects are compared to estimate. Entering time is also simple and easy for the employees as different projects are defined and sub tasks can be unique for each project / resource.

Cons

I'd like to see the daily notes for each time entry expanded upon, perhaps with a few different columns that could be selected.

Reasons for Choosing ClickTime

Ease of use, price, and overall functionality. I recall that comparison products tried to also be project management software to which they all fail miserably for basic engineering project management requirements.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Ian, Thanks for your review of ClickTime. We're excited to hear that you've been able to better track where time is being spent on project compared to your estimates. Additionally, we've shared your suggestion regarding expanding the use of notes for time entry, and will review for possible improvements within ClickTime. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can assist with. Best, Ethan ClickTime

B from GHGMI

Simple to use with lots of functionality

I set our organization up with Clicktime 3 or 4 years ago and it's worked beautifully for us ever since. It was easy to set up, which allowed us to start to use it immediately - and it was customizable in the areas that we needed it to be flexible. I can run just about any report I might need and export them in either PDF or Excel (Excel was a must for us). I was having trouble finding a simple timekeeping system that would fit our small non-profit budget and number of staff and it boiled down to Clicktime and one other system. We opted for Clicktime because it was particularly easy to use and would appeal to the less technically-inclined among our staff. We've been pleasantly surprised at the amount of muscle behind such a simple user interface. The only potential drawback I could see is that their model of paying per employee/month could become quite expensive very quickly in instances where an organization hires many contractors or employs more staff as they grow. But overall, this has been a great system for us.

Pros

Simple user interface, lots of reports to choose from (and ability to export them in PDF or Excel), all the functionality we needed, easy to customize and get started!

Cons

The price per employee/mo model can easily bump this software from affordable to unaffordable in instances where we had to hire a bunch of contractors for a project. Since overhead isn't often recovered with non-profits, it forced us to have contractors track their time outside of the Clicktime system.

Sonya from Earthquake Engineering Research Institute

Excellent Record Keeping

It has been an very easy learning process for me and the staff. We have reduced discrepancies and errors to almost zero when billing clients and paying the staff.

Pros

The accuracy of timesheets for billing purposes and payroll. I like the historical data for making future budgets. Our auditor likes it when he is reconciling our financial records. Overall, it has made a vast improvement in our company and I only wish I had done this sooner.

Cons

Being fairly new, there were some reports that I requested and hopefully the company will incorporate them into the software. Salaried people will only be paid as if they worked 8 hours, but I will bill them for what they actually worked (8+ hours), then I would like to reduce the overage as a credit to comp time, but the software does not allow putting in negative amounts probably for a valid reason.

Reasons for Choosing ClickTime

As mentioned above, it came recommended from a trusted source, a non-profit newsletter. So I tried it out and it was simple to use and learn. After a year, we saw such a big improvement in our record keeping that we have stayed with the company. Our auditor also said it was a great software for his audit of our financial records.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Sonya, Thanks so much for your review! We're grateful to hear that ClickTime has added a lot of value for your whole team and has been easy to learn. We're very happy that ClickTime can continue to play a part in your staff's success! Ethan ClickTime

Karl from XIA LLC

Industry: Think Tanks

Selection team made the right decision.

ClickTime was my second choice, but as stated in the Title, I was wrong and the team was right. That said, we're in Year 5 with ClickTime and I'll be the first to say it's a great product and excellent value for the money.

Pros

Ease of use: very intuitive for users, managers & administrators. Good selection of standard reports and responsive to customer requests for customization. Admin functions comprehensive without being complicated. DCAA Compliance is annoying to staff as it should be since it means they aren't completing timecards daily!

Cons

This maybe more our fault than limitations with ClickTime's software, but XIA's Founder requires a running narrative in Activity Notes that can be quite long at times. The DCAA Compliance module can be quirky with respect to long Activity Notes, but we've not run across this limitation when detail is entered same day as time worked.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Karl, Thank you so much for your review of ClickTime. I'm so glad to hear that you are finding value in our product (and have been for the last 5 years)! :) Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can assist with. Best, Cali ClickTime

Jason from Wolters Kluwer - Clinical Effectiveness

Industry: Information Services

Great tool for project and resource management

I have overseen several time/project management tools over the past 10+ years, including 3rd party offerings and tools incorporated into an ERP. In my experience ClickTime is hands down the most user friendly for the everyday users and team managers. The Clicktime team provided exceptional support throughout the system setup and onboarding processes. Updating and maintaining the data in the system is much easier than other systems I have worked with. Overall it has been the best time/project management tool that I have used.

Pros

There are two things that stood out for me. First was the ease with witch we were able to customize the system to align with the requirements for our business. The flexibility of ClickTime allowed us to make changes to the "standard" setup without delaying our timeline for the integration. The second item is the intuitive user interface for everyone who is recording their time. This allowed for a smooth transition from our legacy time/project management tool and many employees have provided positive feedback regarding the change.

Cons

I think the feature for setting a minimum hour requirement for a day/week could be improved. We are set up on a monthly cycle so the hour requirements are set up on a daily basis. For employees who work a flexible schedule (for example someone might work 6 hours one day and ten the next) and part time employees this has caused them to receive notices that their time is incomplete for days where they did not log the minimum 8 hours. This is only a minor inconvenience but caused some concern after the initial roll out. Our solution has been to remove the minimum hour requirement for these individuals, but having the flexibility to set the hour requirements weekly while also being able to manage on monthly cycle would solve this.

Reasons for Choosing ClickTime

I joined the business after the decision was made to use ClickTime for time/project management

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Jason, Thank you for your wonderful review of ClickTime! As I understand it you have already been in contact with your Customer Success Manager and he is going to work with you on the completion hours in the timesheet settings. We appreciate all of your amazing feedback and please let us know if you think of any other topics that will be of value to you. Best Regards, The ClickTime Team

Adam from Iowa Coalition Against Domestic Violence

Time-saver and cost effective for our non-profit

Our experience has been excellent. Anthony, my customer service contact, has been amazing. Super responsive, available to help, but does not overwhelm me with questions or check ins. I appreciate that.

Pros

ClickTime was pretty easy to set-up and implement. Moving from an excel timesheet to online process makes the administrative aspects of time records management so much easier. We are currently working to implement the expense portion of the product.

Cons

There are some formatting options I wish were available for the site admin, however customer service has made any changes a painless process. They respond quickly and thoroughly. I wish the product allowed for a separate time-in and time-out function not assigned to a funding source or program. Additionally, the option to record general daily notes as a separate section instead of by funder would make the product perfect. We had to create some work arounds for it to work exactly as we need it. We are still working with our staff to determine the best and most accurate way to use the product for our setup. It would be helpful for the expense section to allow for a digital signature. I realize that there is user based permissions and audit trail, but some of our funder still require a signature.

Reasons for Choosing ClickTime

It just seemed to be the best product to do what we needed. Easy to use and implement for everyone and the right price. The ability to add additional administrative management pieces is helpful.

Cheryl from University of Alberta

ClickTime has enabled us to better analyze operational and project costs!

Clicktime has a very intuitive user interface and it is easy to setup and maintain. It has enabled our IT department to track the level of effort we spend on operational task and project activities. We have a far better understanding of where our employees spend their time and able to make more informed decisions about where to invest our effort. It is also very easy to update and change the activities that are tracked so we have been able to evolve and mature our Clicktime usage over thee last two years. We were faced with budget cuts, which required us to make sure we were investing our time on the right activities. Clicktime has been a valuable tool and has assisted us in understanding the cost of our activities, which has supported our decision making.

Ajay from Gupta Evans

Industry: Law Practice

Clicktime is a Dynamic Timesheets System Especially Useful for Attorneys

It's been excellent. The ability to export timesheets quickly is integral to our reporting.

Pros

The interface allows you to add timesheets quickly and efficiently. We're a law office, so we bill in 6 minute increments. On average, I have 10 - 15 time entries daily, which is nightmarish. We've evaluated numerous tools, and Clicktime is just the most efficient in terms of it's UI.

Cons

The integration with QB Online is still being worked out and the integration with QB can be tricky.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Ajay, Thank you so much for your review of ClickTime. I'm thrilled to hear that you've found ClickTime to be quick and efficient to use. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can assist with. Best, Cali ClickTime

Wendy from Type A

Clicktime for multiple clients

I have tried other time keeping systems and this is more versatile and meets most of our needs. The customer support is great and they were really helpful during our set up, they answered all of our questions and got us set up in a way that worked best for our company.

Pros

The software allows me to pivot between clients. The ability to use either manual timers or clocked timers with notes is helpful in understanding our company's staff utility and client profitability. All the data captured allows us to create reports that can be manipulated to better analyze our company's performance.

Cons

There are glitches in time keeping system that can sometimes occur and it won't record the time or it will turn it into a manual entry rather than a timed entry so then we have to recreate the entry by hand and we might have lost some of the data integrity.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Wendy, Thanks for your feedback! We're excited that you've had a positive experience with ClickTime and been able to better understand your staff and company's overall performance. Thanks so much for the shout out to our onboarding and support teams as well. Please continue to reach out to our support team for assistance if, and when, you have any other questions or feedback. All the best, Ethan

Kate from Stringfellow Management Group

User-Friendly

It helps us track what we need and is easy to navigate. Any time I need to contact customer support, they are super helpful, professional and timely!

Pros

ClickTime is very straight forward and easy to use. And there are so many types of reports available to run, which is great. We even use the custom report generator for some special reports we need and with some guidance from support, they were able to help us get what we needed.

Cons

When employees use the stopwatch feature and forget to stop the clock, they don't always know to go back and fix the time entry. I only catch it when I'm trying to lock timesheets for all employees at the end of the month and it won't let me lock those with open stopwatches. Perhaps if the user received an email from the system, when that occured, they would be more likely to fix it. It would also be nice if the "Notes" feature could be required for certain projects only, rather than all or nothing.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Kate, Thank you so much for your review of ClickTime. I'm so glad to hear that you are finding ClickTime easy to use. We will also make note of your suggestions regarding the stopwatch feature and the notes requirement for possible future development within the app. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can assist with. Best, Cali ClickTime

Jeffrey from Renovation Planning & Interiors

20+ year user!

Love it. See above.

Pros

I love the reports that i can pull from the data. I have used Clicktime for over 20 years. I now have a firm of 4 people. We use it for all billing to customers. Incredibly easy to use and very, very customizable to fit my interior design and architecture firm's process. It provides me amazing insight into how we're billing time and informing new project quotes. LOVE it.

Cons

I really, really miss the desktop app version. (supported by Silverlight?) I used to keep the small app window open on my desktop screen and bill time as the day moved forward. Now, the web app is dependent upon having an web site open at all times. We use the web for product and project-related searches all day long. This forces us to dedicate a different browser just for Clicktime. Otherwise we are continually searching for the Clicktime screen. I dedicate the crappy Microsoft EDGE browser just to Clicktime and keep that open all day so i can easily bill time to various projects.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Jeff, Thank yous o much for your review of ClickTIme! We are so glad to hear that ClickTime is such a success for your firm. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance. Best, Brea Phillips ClickTIme | Customer Success Manager

Clyde from Compucare Hawaii, Inc.

Cost effective time keeping

It's been a pleasant experience so far. The software does exactly what it should and allows me to accomplish my time keeping with very little effort. The fact that is is cost effective and not over burdened with features /functions I simply don't need.

Pros

Cost effective and provides what is needed.

Cons

The ability to default time. Our engagements are measured in hours, not days. As such, I'd like the default to match the starting time am or pm. It seems to default to AM forcing additional keystrokes.

Reasons for Choosing ClickTime

It can be setup to meet the needs of my type business. I'm not an attorney and lots of time keeping packages are geared to them. I saw that I was able to customize ClickTime to exactly what I need minimizing the time required to complete this task through out the day. I have enough to do as it is. Basically, it's simple and is quick to get up and running quickly.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Clyde, Thanks for your kind review! We're happy to hear that you've had a positive experience with ClickTime over the past 2 years. We appreciate your feedback on the start times defaulting appropriately and we'll pass it along ClickTime's product team. If you have any other questions or feedback, please continue to reach out to our support team for assistance. Best, Ethan

Austin from Perficient Digital

Review of Clicktime

Very Helpful. Pricing and project run rates are a very easy task. YOY comparisons.

Pros

Flexibility when it comes to adding new projects, clients, and activities. Reporting on time spent on projects are a very simple task. Excel linking and custom reporting has made day to day operations much smoother and let us track the run rate on certain projects and give our clients a heads up. The Resource planning module is a very nice feature that helps keep employees on track.

Cons

The Resource planning module is very clunky. Compared to the rest of the interface it seems somewhat behind with all the script errors I run into. If there could be a possible import function from excel to the resource planning module it would make adjusting employees time a very simple task instead of fighting with filters that cause the module to crash after a while.

Flexibility and customer support

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied January 2020

Hi Austin, Thank you for your ClickTime review! I have reached out to your Customer Success Manager Ethan Good so he can touch base with you and log some feature requests on your behalf around your Resource Planning needs. We value your feedback and look forward to hearing how we can assist you better. Many Thanks, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

STEFANI from DIOS-Tech

Want to save yourself time?

Pros

As the owner of a small company, keeping track of employees time off and time worked became a headache. Clicktime has been a HUGE help. It's easy to use, employees love the stopwatch feature. They also love being able to see their available time off without having to contact a manager.

Cons

It'd be nice if Clicktime offered a link to walk through using it that I could send to new hires. Maybe just a simple highlights demo.

Reasons for Choosing ClickTime

Clicktime was fortunately recommended to me from another small business owner. I realized quickly that Clicktime offered the ease of use and functionality that I was looking for!

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Stefani, Thanks for your review of ClickTime. We're excited to hear that ClickTime has facilitated visibility across your team and enabled you to better track both time off and time worked. We also really appreciate your feedback about sharing a demonstration of how to use ClickTime when new hires come on-board. We have several walk through videos available for you to distribute among your new hires that can be found at: https://support.clicktime.com/hc/en-us/categories/201727026-New-To-ClickTime Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can assist with. All the best, Ethan ClickTime

Hava from WE Communications

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

ClickTime - great resourcing tool option for agencies!

Everyone from the Sales to the Service people at ClickTime were easy to work with, served as great partners, and did their best to make our experience as positive as possible. While we could not use ClickTime's time-entry functionality due to internal organizational restrictions, we believe ClickTime is the best in the business for timesheets & time recording. We firmly believe that ClickTime is an amazing tool for the right organizations, including but not limited to communications, marketing and advertising agencies.

Pros

The software is cloud-based and therefore always on & real-time. Time-entry is also mobile-friendly (though we did not specifically used that functionality). ClickTime has so many great reporting functionalities and various views you can leverage for reviewing timesheet entries and resource planning data.

Cons

Our organization approaches resource planning in the lens of percentage allocations, and ClickTime's approach is by number of hours, which was a conceptual and cultural challenge for our company. (If it were possible to have both views - percentages & hours - that would be ideal.) Additionally, the Copy allocation functionality (month-to-month) was a bit difficult for us because we would have liked to be able customize what data was being copied (e.g., employees working on retainer accounts vs. employees working on time & materials accounts). The Copy feature is all-or-nothing. Navigating various data views was not always as intuitive as we would have hoped. The learning curve was a bit steeper than we had anticipated, but understandably, the more we used the software, the easier it got.

Reasons for Choosing ClickTime

ClickTime was designed specifically for communications agencies, and it had the resource planning capabilities that we needed as an agency. It also came with the highest reviews directly from people we spoke to at other agencies.

Roger from Ayer Associates Ltd

A fantastic piece of software

Its fantastic and scalable - meaning that it suits an expanding business such as ours perfectly. As highlighted above - no software is any use without a great support team and they are brilliant at ClickTime which makes all the difference and enables us to fully understand how to use the software to meet our specific needs and at our own pace

Pros

It is easy to use and adds value to several parts of our business, in particular, time recording, resource planning, billing and expense recording. It enables us to monitor our productivity, assess our rates and charges and understand true project costs. The software reports are pivotal to our monthly billing and also inform our ongoing rates and prices The support team are fantastic with particular mention to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who's been brilliant and provided us with exceptional customer service

Cons

There is nothing that we don't like about this software

Reasons for Choosing ClickTime

This was the best product for the right price and scalable to suit our business

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied February 2020

Roger, Thank you so very much for the wonderful review of ClickTime. We love to hear that you have had such a positive experience with ClickTime and that the support team has made such an impression. Please let us know if we can assist in any way with your ClickTime experience as we are always here to help. Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Stefanie from Capital Crossing

Clicktime Jan 2020

We have been using Clicktime for approximately 7 years. Over the years, our tracking needs have changed and Clicktime has been able to accomodate every request. Time tracking has become extremely efficient and the ability to create reports within seconds is an overall bonus.

Pros

The ability to customize to our specific business needs. We track many different projects, categories and accounts and Clicktime offers the flexibility needed. The custom report feature is fantastic as well. I am able to create reports for all specific requests with as much or as little data needed.

Cons

I would the ability to send out more reminders (daily). I'd also like an upload feature for adding accounts as opposed to entering manually.

Reasons for Choosing ClickTime

Price and ease of navigating system.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied January 2020

Hi Stefanie, Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime! We have some new options available for quicker entry into the system and I will be glad to walk you through some options to get data into your site. I will reach out so we can discuss it further. Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Nancy from Friends of the Verde River

Great software for timekeeping

As the CEO, I appreciate the ability to run reports and check in on results, employee by employee. Personally, I find it very easy to enter time and expenses.

Pros

We have to keep track of our time for many different grants and funding sources. Clicktime allows us to accurately keep track and bill the appropriate accounts. It's also easy to use for generating expense reports. I especially like that I don't have to print and turn in receipts but can attach them as scans to the report. As an admin, it is also easy for me to approve timesheets and expense reports. And I can make changes if someone makes an error.

Cons

Clicktime doesn't integrate with Quickbooks so we have to manually enter payroll.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Nancy, Thank you for the wonderful review of ClickTime! We do in fact have a couple of options to integrate ClickTime with Quickbooks and I would love to send you some additional information! I will reach out to you directly so keep an eye on your email. Thank you again for your feedback and please don't hesitate to reach out for assistance! Best, Cali

Monica from Build It Green

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Solid Option for Small Organization

Pros

Clicktime offered our non-profit of about 50 employees all of the functionalities we needed to both manage programs, track hours for payroll, as well as managed reimbursable business expenses. Navigation on the platform was intuitive. We used their reporting function often, most notably for our monthly reporting to clients. Customer support was always accessible -- always reached someone on the first call. Clicktime is a no-frills application that covers all the bases at an all-too-affordable price.

Cons

I only recall two items that I found less than ideal that, in the end, didn't impede the completion of my tasks. One was the PTO tracker, which only allowed us to accrue on a monthly basis. We have a biweekly payroll schedule, so it would have put me more at ease if I could have synced the accrual in Clicktime to occur exactly as it did on our payroll platform. The second oddity was some issue I had with the XML linking to Excel. It turned out that I need to use a legacy version of the XML data import function in Excel, but it took a couple of calls with multiple support people before this solution was pointed out (though in all fairness, they had outlined this in one of their help pages, but I had missed it).

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Monica, Thank you for your review of ClickTime. I am glad to hear that the support staff were able to help you with the few opportunities you did experience. We are always here for you if anything else comes up. Best, Brea Philips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Michelle from Americans for Immigrant Justice

Industry: Law Practice

Great product

Great

Pros

Customization of timekeeping. Mobile app. Ease of reviewing and approving timesheets.

Cons

It would be helpful if we could have a more complex leave time capture. We allow staff to borrow from future accrual. We have no way to enter in expected future accrual and allow staff to borrow from that. It ends up that most of our staff have negative leave balances. Because we cant capture this accurately, we dont rely on clicktime for leave balances. If we had this feature and the ability to approve leave time in clicktime, it would be a game changer for us.

Reasons for Choosing ClickTime

Because it met our needs for customizing time keeping and running reports

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied January 2020

Hi Michelle, Thank you for your review of ClickTime. I have reached out to your Customer Success Manager Ethan Good to follow up with you regarding your needs in the Time-Off Module. We would like the opportunity to learn more about your needs and can hopefully come up with a solution to help. Many Thanks, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Robert from Nectar Communications

Nectar

Overall Clicktime has been a great tool for our company, does what we need it to. There are some nice to have features that I would like to have seen but nothing that was a major impediment.

Pros

The interface is simple and easy for users. The resource planning tool is very useful.

Cons

There are some UI things that caused issues. Some examples: when setting up rate lists and I'm using my scroller on my mouse rates will change causing errors, the resource planning tab isn't easy to tab back and forth between cells, would be useful for populating hrs & budgets. The report creation tool is nice but wish more fields were included (budgets, allocations, etc).

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied January 2020

Hi Robert, Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime. I have asked your Customer Success Manager Ethan Good to reach out to get some additional information about your needs so we can enter some feature requests on your behalf. We appreciate you and look forward to speaking with you soon! Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Tracks time

Does the specific task of tracking time very well. If you are looking to do just that, this is definitely worth looking into. it's easy and straightforward to use.

Pros

Perfect for time tracking, has good dashboard. Different ways to enter time, manually, via stopwatch, import. The different view and reports are great and ease of exporting time to other programs. They have a good help desk and slightly modifying to suit. We wanted projects to be sorted by project number rather than by project name, which they modified instantly.

Cons

It just tracks time. Has some slight extensions such as estimation and budgetting, but is limited beyond tracking time. We are currently going away from the app as we're looking at a more integrated resource management tool. Mobile app is a bit clunky, but none of our staff needed to use this anyway.

Amy from Keystone Wellness Programs

Non-profit ease of use

Clicktime has helped track time between all of our various programs. This has kept us more in compliance with our funders.

Pros

The app and the ability for our employees to use it remotely has been helpful. The ease of use for employees to track time between many programs throughout the day.

Cons

Clicktime has not been able to be integrated with our other processes. We are grant funded so importing into government programs hasn't been possible. We would like to see expense sheets directly link to the time sheets so for example, when billing travel you can also bill mileage. Reports with expense sheets needs to be expanded.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Amy, Thanks for your feedback! It's great to hear that ClickTime's mobile app has been a big help for your team. We also really appreciate and understand your need to link expenses and timesheet data in the same report. We've share your feedback with our Product team and will work together to make sure you have the best possible experience. Best, Ethan

Shequaya from Grounded Strategies

Clicktime Review

It has gotten better over the years. It would be nice if this Fully integrated with BambooHR

Pros

We really enjoy the ability to have many different funders and projects. We like the ability to customize who can charge to certain projects

Cons

we really wish the mobile app and website could do some sort of geolocating sign-in. This would enable us to be sure people are signing in when they are actually at a work site

Reasons for Choosing ClickTime

CT has the ability to have multiple funders and projects. It also allows staff to charge to many different projects.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Shequaya, Thank you for the wonderful review of ClickTime! I'm so glad to hear that you've found value in our app! I also wanted to let you know that we are actively working on an integration with BambooHR, and I'll reach out to you directly with more information! Thank you again for your feedback and please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can assist with! Best, Cali ClickTime

Sebastien from Investors Group

AWESOME APP!!!

For the past 6 months, I was working for 7 different financial consultants. As anyone in that domain knows, that is a lot!! ClickTime made tracking the hours possible in the hectic scenario. The reports I could produce at the end of the weeks/months were perfect for forwarding to the consultants when needed.

Pros

The ease at which this app tracks your hours worked is impressive. It will rival any app out there!!! There are soo many options for reports of all kinds.

Cons

There were some minor limitations I found in the billing process when changing from one payee to another, but nothing we couldn't work around. I also never liked the plug-in, so I would just adjust the window to my liking everyday before work.

Reasons for Choosing ClickTime

The consultant I originally worked for had several clients suggest this app. and boy, were they spot on!!

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Sebastien, Thank you for your review of ClickTime! We are so glad to hear that the system is working so well for you and your team! Please let us know if we can be of any additional assistance. We are always available to help. Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime| Customer Success Manager

Simon from Naikoon

Great, full function program with good support

Streamlines our hours which is a good chunk of our business

Pros

Lots of features set up for billing and multiple cost codes. Ease of use from field to office and accounting. Good reporting capabilities, approval system etc. They do have paid upgrades based on your specific needs

Cons

They need some help in the graphic design department as the app doesn't look very sexy. Also need to streamline some approvals and reduce the number of user actions required to get to the end goal. Lastly, could introduce cost-code specific estimate/forecasting. Currently only available as project-wide budget.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied February 2020

Simon, Thank you so much for your review of ClickTime. I am thrilled to hear that ClickTime has helped streamline your business! We've also taken note of your suggestions and will review them for possible improvements within the app. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can assist with. Best, Cali ClickTime

Denise from Michigan Society of Association Executives

ClickTime can give you great information

Absolutely great support. Any problems I have had [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the best and will help you resolve any concern that you have. If there has to be a work around she will find it for you.

Pros

Love the new feature of the time off. No paperwork any longer. Everyone has their balances at their finger tips at all times. Approvals are so easy.

Cons

Sometimes it is very hard to do some of the reports that are needed. Since the last update I cannot get vacation time like I used to. Part of that is how I set the vacation time up but reporting should be easier than it is.

Reasons for Choosing ClickTime

Research told me the easiest to you and was mobile.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Denise, Thank you so much for your review of ClickTime. It's been a pleasure working with you and I look forward to helping you get even more value out of ClickTime in the future! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can assist with. Best, Cali ClickTime

Natalie from USENIX Association

Good product with great customer support

We've used the software for about five years now, and it has served us well. The most remarkable feature, though, is the tech support. Any time I've had a question or problem, the support has been immediate and thorough. This is a rarity, in my experience, and well worth noting. Kudos to ClickTime for making this a priority and for hiring good, smart people.

Pros

The software is straightforward and the support is exceptional.

Cons

The software could use a beauty makeover. While functional, it's not particularly attractive.

Reasons for Choosing ClickTime

We initially chose ClickTime because the first year was heavily discounted for nonprofits via TechSoup. We continue to get a discounted rate.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied January 2020

Hi Natalie, Thank you so very much for your feedback about ClickTime. We are thrilled that Skip was able to help you! Please let us know if we can be of any additional assistance. Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Beatrice from EHS Technology Group, LLC

Excellent - Easy to use - Great Project Detail for Clients

We used to use a different program that took much more of my time to complete reports I needed to run our day to day business.

Pros

Very easy to use, great reports to assist you in monthly, quarterly and yearly information. Employee utilization is great for our company as we work on a bonus program quarterly. The project detail report is fantastic for our clients - easy to see how their billing came together.

Cons

I really can't think of anything else the software could provide. Try it for yourself!

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Bea, Thanks for your thoughtful review! We're so happy to hear that ClickTime has made it overwhelmingly easier to show the relevant project detail reports for your clients. Also, we're excited that you're finding a lot of value in the Employee Utilization to help assist in the quarterly bonus program. Keep up the great work! Best, Ethan ClickTime

Silvia from finlayson bonet architecture

FBA Review

tracking time for each user and the comparison between billable and non billable hours is a very useful tool we don't use the accounting portion of click time what would be an asset

Pros

The ability to retrieve reports on different projects throughout many years.

Cons

Sometimes the project name or number does not show in the users page even though the name is placed in the slot.

Reasons for Choosing ClickTime

I tried temporarily another product but Clicktime was used by a colleague and it proved to be user friendly and the cost was reasonable.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Silvia, Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime. I am so glad to hear that it has worked out so well for you! The few issues that you are experiencing I will be more than glad to help with. I will reach out to you directly to schedule some time with me. Best Regards, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Natalino from Bongiorno Hawkins + Associates

Great Program

We love it & have recommended to a few of our sub-consultants.

Pros

we haven't used the program to its full capacity as we are time poor in the business, but for the amount we use it, it makes keeping log of hours, jobs & invoicing much easier from our old ways with an excel spreadsheet. It has also allowed us to be able to invoice clients for variations in jobs with justification using the program.

Cons

Not 100% sure. But haven't tried to set up sub folders & mouse point clicking of tabs for quick standard notes rather than typing the same notes over & over.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied February 2020

Natalino, Thank you so much for your review of ClickTime. I'm so glad to hear that you are finding value in our product and even recommending it to others! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can assist with. Best, Cali ClickTime

Maryna from ICNL

Very good systemwith lot of Capasities

Great system, no complains, easy to use, use to set up, easy override timesheets if need it, easy to track timesheets, holidays, leave balances etc...

Pros

Lot of features that allow us to implement lot of our need: such as: Leave Balances accrual auto-, set up a Holiday system, Project Allocations

Cons

Could not tight to Employees Salary amount with our specific needs.

Reasons for Choosing ClickTime

cannot answer it was purchased before I joined ICNL comp[any.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied January 2020

Hi Maryna, Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime! We take our feature requests very seriously so I will reach out to Ethan Good, your Customer Success Manager to make sure that we fully understand and log your needs around employee salaries. Only through your feedback do we fully understand how to make ClickTime the best that it can be for your needs. Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Karen from Vista Telecom Networks Inc

Clicktime Works For Us

Clicktime has been a good product for our payroll and expense reporting needs. Also great for capturing hours and equipment mileage for safety reporting.

Pros

- Easy to learn and use both mobile and computer app - Reports are easy to manipulate so you can get the info you need - Customizations are generally available or alternates are offered - Billing is straightforward - Customer service exemplary

Cons

Mobile and computer apps are not always updated at the same time, so changes available in computer app may not show in mobile app right away

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied February 2020

Karen, Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime. I am thrilled to hear that your customer service experience has been exemplary. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance. Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Nancy from AmaTerra Environmental Inc

Great Tool!

Positive experience. Have crews in the field, so we needed a web based solution. Do federal & state work & needed a tool with audit trail. Want to be able to run reports/ look at data without hiring a person dedicated to run reports!

Pros

User friendly, provides info in various formats, Customer Support is amazing when there is a question!

Cons

Mobil application can sometimes be fickle.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied January 2020

Nancy, Thank you so much for your amazing review of ClickTime! It has been such a pleasure working with you and I am glad that the support team has been "amazing" when you need them. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance, we are always here for you! Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Maria from Oshyn Inc

Industry: Online Media

Clicktime feedback

it´s good

Pros

I can review, assign costs, and check reports by client, project and employees, friendly usage

Cons

to customize reports is not that easy and customer service for that have to be paid, the approvers are by person instead of a project, so it´s not flexible on that, Managers reports are basic

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied January 2020

Hi Maria, Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulty with reporting. I have reached out to Ethan Good, your Customer Success Manager to see if we may be able to help with a report builder session to get you the items that you need. We look forward to working with you and hope that you have a fantastic day. Best, Brea Phillips | Customer Success Manager

Patricia from Ellen Michaels Presents, Inc.

Fabulous Customer Service!

Easy to program, easy to use and great customer service staff!

Pros

We've used ClickTime for a number of years and the customer service team is excellent! They are knowledgeable, patient and very friendly. I especially like that it has been the same customer service personnel since we start using ClickTime. That says a lot about a company.

Cons

I would like it if our annual hourly rates per client could be entered once and populate for all selected jobs. Our hourly rate varies by position, so it is not just one hourly rate.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Hi Patricia, Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime! We are always delighted to hear when the support team is able to help. Let us know if we can be of any additional assistance. Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Brian from ionadas local LLC

Easy to Use, yet Flexible

Pros

Many time tracking solutions are so customizable that they're very difficult to use. On the other end of the spectrum are systems that are easy to use, but can't be customized. ClickTime finds a nice balance between these two extremes. If can be customized sufficiently that it'll like match your workflow, but it is not so convoluted that one can't figure it out.

Cons

None really. I used to work for a timesheet solution company, but went with ClickTime because it did what I needed.

Response from Clicktime.com

Replied March 2020

Brian, Thank you so much for your review of ClickTime! We are so glad that we have been able to provide you and your firm with the balance that you need. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance. Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager