What are Clockwise users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Clockwise software through verified user reviews

• icon"Whenever I needed telephonic support, the HelpDesk representative, who was extremely knowledgeable, stayed with the issue to resolution."
  • icon"Very user friendly and when I do have a question, customer support is outstanding."
  • icon"The BEST part about this solutions is the customer service."
  • icon"Setting up charge codes in Clockwise is tedious and if you have an extra space you will get a generic error that the row can’t be imported."
  • icon"Logging in can be difficult every once in awhile."
  • icon"Some of the report functions are difficult to use."

Browse all Clockwise Reviews

• Have you used Clockwise and would like to share your experience with others?

Mustafa

Company size: 201 - 500 employees

Clockwise review

Diana

Industry: Defense & Space

Superb tracking of time sheets

We export all of out time keeping data to QuickBooks. This is a wonderful tool that makes the transfer of data amazingly simple. Since we support Government contracts, this timekeeping software meets all the needs set on us by the FAR. We are very happy that we have this tool available for us.

Pros

The is software is super easy to use. Our employees log in to record their hours, request time off, and supervisors approve time sheets. All of it is very easy to understand and accomplish. The Administrative side is easy to set-up and make changes to. Clockwise support staff is quick to respond to our problems and assist as needed.

Cons

The app still is not very user-friendly.

Response from GHG

You are happy to have our tool. We are happy to have YOU. Please feel free to drop us a few lines of your suggestion(s) and improvements about our app functionality for the end-user. Your input is most appreciated. Have a wonderful day and thank you being a superb customer.

Replied August 2018

Tyler

Industry: Computer Networking

Great product that has everything we need

Great experience with Clockwise and we look forward to being a customer of theirs, and growing with them, for a long time.

Pros

Clockwise is very easy to use both as a user and as an administrator. As a small company we wanted a timekeeping solution that would fit within our budget and Clockwise has all the capabilities we need. The BEST part about this solutions is the customer service. We have added a few custom touches, such as reports for our employees to run and our own domain, and they have been more than helpful and accommodating. I highly recommend all around.

Cons

There are few cons, but as an administrator the interface is a little repetitive having the same options in multiple places. The biggest con is the appearance. We definitely prefer function over fashion, but it could be a little prettier for the end user/employees.

Reasons for choosing Clockwise

Way more cost effective and simple. It does not add on services we do not use or need.

Reasons for switching to Clockwise

It was not DCAA compliant.

Response from GHG

Hello, we are extremely happy to have you as a loyal customer and are able to provide you a software that has performed and has been capable to fit your needs. We look forward to continuing to serve you in the future.

Beverly

I would just assume have a time-clock punch in at the front door. Dollars are too easily lost.

Pros

...,??? The jury is still out on this one. I do somewhat like that blank forms can be uploaded for employee use.

Cons

Dollars are to easily lost, as you can only clock in once you reach you off, assuming you can log on without error or a bunch of ad-ware is not blocking you from getting to Clockwise. Then you better not have a brain fog and forget you password, ( As you are already required to remember other passwords which have to be reset every 90 days or so). In addition, don't accidentally hit "Log In" instead of Clock In, now you have to start over. Additionally, you now have management adding all kinds of uncompromising and unnecessary rules for signing in/out or forgetting to sign in/out, (Mainly because it doesn't affect them). Yes, I think Clockwise might work in an ideal situation but because you have humans using the software it's not so ideal. Now, obviously I'm not management so let's just put it out there. I don't need my time micro-managed. If I'm doing my job ease off!! For those who are not doing their job and spend less time on the job than away from the job, deal with them. I don't want to suffer for their ineffectiveness. Also, just my opinion, if someone is slacking on the job find out where they learned it from and go from there. It's probably something they observed in the work place.

Response from GHG

I am sorry your experience of Clockwise has not been a helpful one so far. Clockwise provides automated DCAA compliant timekeeping abilities with many flexible features and customizations, but we cannot answer to how your management uses Clockwise or the policies that they enforce with it. From your review I can see that you are not happy with the *idea* of a product like Clockwise. If you have a more specific problem with our product, please feel free to contact Clockwise Customer Support and we will be glad to help.

Replied September 2018

February 2022

Clockwise Review

Pros

Our company began using Clockwise about a year ago. I find it very easy to enter my time, complete and submit my time sheet, find my leave balances, print off my W-2's, etc. It is much easier than using the paper time sheets of years ago or the Excel time sheets we used prior to Clockwise.

Cons

I really can't think of anything I don't like about the software, from a user's point of view. I sometimes forget to clock in when I begin work, but that is certainly not the fault of Clockwise!

Reasons for switching to Clockwise

Easier to enter and track attendance; Clockwise sends information directly to our finance department, so there is no need to send time sheets from individual departments to finance each time period.

Hamid

Clockwise is a Superb Timekeeping Software

Overall we have had a great experience with Clockwise functionality, ease of use, setting up of new employees and customer service and support.

Pros

The most impactful feature for our company is the ability to auto import the timesheets using the import tool into QuickBooks. This feature has allowed us to automate our payroll journal entries which were previously done manually. Not only was the manual payroll entries extremely time consuming but also very susceptible to errors for miscoding projects and their associated labor costs. The import tool is by far the favorite feature for accounting and we look forward to any future upgrades to streamline data with QuickBooks.

Cons

There are some missing features that would help us resolve weekly timesheet issues related to miscoding; such as having the ability to auto populate certain tasks to charge codes and groups, customizing pop-up error messages as reminders when employees charge hours to certain authorized charge codes.

Reasons for choosing Clockwise

ease of use, value of the product

Teann

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Timesheet software

Any issue we have the customer service helps us asap. We never have to wait hours or until next day. They work on it when we contact them until it is corrected. I love the fact that they explain what the issue was and how to fix it in the future. All employees are respectful and courtesy to us.

Pros

This software fits our needs where employees are able to input their timesheet via cell phone. They are able to take a photo of their receipts and attach it to their timesheet so that their expenses are current. We use it as an import/export with the accounting software GMS. Being able to upload paystubs is a great help.

Cons

1. Reports that we could create ourselves, the standard reports might miss an item needed. 2. You have to open a new timesheet to get to the date range you want, then click the arrows back. 3. Would like to see an easier way to open attachments, if they were on the first screen also it would be easier. 4. If new hire entry could be stream lined, as a copy another employee's basic coding then add the individual employees information.

Reasons for choosing Clockwise

This was already in process when I was hired.

Response from GHG

Thanks so much for your review! We're glad Clockwise meets your needs and our customer service team takes good care of you. Thanks also for your helpful suggestions. We will include them in the mix as ideas for future upgrades along with other customer priorities. Thanks for being a long-time Clockwise customer! Cody Clark Clockwise Product Manager

Duane

Simple, easy, and great support

We have a dispersed employee base which at one time need time-keeping support in 7 states from Hawaii to the Virginia. Clockwise allowed us to get that function at the most cost effect price point. We are a firm that works federal contracts and the fact that Clockwise is DCAA compliant solves one of the issues with doing Cost Plus federal contracts in the future.

Pros

The simple tool and it's easy access via the web was complemented by the prompt and outstanding support received when there was a need to call the HelpDesk. Whenever I needed telephonic support, the HelpDesk representative, who was extremely knowledgeable, stayed with the issue to resolution. I have to point out that almost all of my calls revolved around me enter some data or configuration incorrectly and not because of some fault with the GHG system.

Cons

While the system is easy to use and gets great support, the only thing I wish was done a little better would be error diagnostic tools prior to having to call support. That would reduce the number of calls I would have had to make, even though the support was great once I did call.

Reasons for choosing Clockwise

Price, functionality, web based, and ease of use.

Response from GHG

Thank you very much for being one of our great customers using Clockwise. We are making strategic steps to make the process easier for your team. Looking to add more features to our Audit trail and other parts of the software. More to come!

Good bang for the buck!

Been using Clockwise since Fall 2013. Affordable timekeeping solution and very easy to use.

Pros

Easy to setup new employees. Easy for entering hours worked. Fairly easy to run necessary reports. Tech support is awesome! They are always available, friendly and able to resolve any issues that need to be addressed. Tech support has helped with any kind of tracking of PTO, Vacation, Sick hours. Representatives is the best!!

Cons

A little limited on reports available but their customer tech support is great! Always available, friendly and able to resolve any issues that need to be addressed.

Reasons for choosing Clockwise

Cost and it appeared to be fairly easy to use and implement.

Reasons for switching to Clockwise

Was not very easy to administer and to find cost savings.

Response from GHG

Thanks so much for your review! We're glad that you've found Clockwise to a great value and easy to use. I'm also pleased to hear your experience with customer support has been so positive. I'm definitely proud of the service my team provides! Thanks for being a valued Clockwise customer! Cody Clark Clockwise Product Manager

Erik

April 2022

Clockwise helps me understand my time usage each week

Pros

I liked the breakdown that clockwise provided me of my time usage each week. Most importantly it was automated

Cons

The main feature I used it for eventually got built directly into google calendar, making it redundant

Carlos

Easy to start

Pros

It has helped me track my meeting hours and better schedule my work time slots throughout the week. Receiving a summary of your activities helps generate conscience about where you are spending your time. When you see that timer reach 20 hour of weekly meeting... well is time for a change. In summary it is easy to start and take advantages of the features.

Cons

When most of your meetings are external is impossible to use the flexible meeting feature.

Teresa

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Clockwise Review

We have not had many problems with Clockwise. When we do, their customer service has been responsive in helping.

Pros

Lets supervisors take control of having the leave information to approve leave requests and to approve timesheets. Timesheet information can be entered daily by programs. Programs can be added or changed easily. It integrates with our accounting software to import timesheets and allows the export from the accounting software of paystubs and leave balances back into Clockwise. Therefore, employees get their paystubs and W-2s online. It saves time from not having to manually entering timesheet information.

Cons

It can be a little complicated setting up supervisors. Our payroll is biweekly, but we have employees fill out their timesheets weekly and have supervisors sign them weekly. It is unfortunate that the leave taken the first week does not reduce the available leave for the second week. If we did the two weeks together, it would alert you when you recorded more leave than you have.

Reasons for choosing Clockwise

It was the product that was recommended by our accounting software company.

Response from GHG

Hello, we are so grateful for your continued loyalty and will continue to provide the on-time and reliable customer support you have come to expect from our Technical Support Team. We love our customers.

Holly

Great Software

Our business requires compliance with Defense Contract Audit Agency rules as well as specific contract requirements. Clockwise has maintained our compliance for 11 years and has always been an application that we never worried about it not operating correctly or not receiving customer service. They are top notch.

Pros

For 11 years Clockwise has been easy to use for salary, hourly and workers with non-traditional schedules manning a 24x7x365 help desk. The customer service team members really listen to how your business runs and provides solutions to achieve our desired end state. There has been nothing they could not accomplish for me and if ever there is an import issue to our accounting software - they quickly figure it out! Great team!

Cons

Nothing really. Hourly worker time clock can be a little tricky if they clock in and out multiple times on same day. One quick phone call always fixes any issues.

Response from GHG

Thanks so much for your review! So glad that Clockwise has been working easily for you for over 11 years! I'm also pleased to hear your experience with customer support has been "top notch." Thanks for being a long-time Clockwise customer. We think you're top-notch too! Cody Clark Clockwise Product Manager

Dwayne

Industry: Defense & Space

Clockwise is good bang for your buck

I have needed some reports and formatting that the Clockwise support team had to help me with. They did an excellent job and were very responsive.

Pros

Clockwise allows our employees to fill out their timecards from almost anywhere. Reports work well.

Cons

Lots of the defaults when doing things are blank so you have to select them every time. It would be nice if you could save some values for defaults. I have never been able to successfully setup and use the QuickBooks interface with Clockwise. I just doesn't seem to be easy and when I was close to competing it, there was a software change that caused me to have to start all over again. :-(

Reasons for choosing Clockwise

We were using Excel spreadsheets before getting Clockwise.

Response from GHG

We're happy that Clockwise delivers a satisfactory "bang for your buck!" We're also glad that our customer support has taken such good care of you. We'd like another shot at helping you get your Quickbooks set up and working like it does for our many other Quickbooks customers. Please reach out to our customer service team so we can help you get that resolved. Thanks for being a Clockwise customer!

BRYAN

Clockwise Time Keeping Software

Clockwise has given my company the methodology and process to be organized and DCAA compliant IRT timekeeping for government contracts.

Pros

Clockwise provides the best value that I was able to find for a small startup govcon company. Their efforts towards DCAA compliance are just what we needed and the tech support, either live or through online user's manuals can't be beaten. Clockwise meets all of my needs and is scalable as I grow.

Cons

There is not much that I do not like about this product but if I had one is that some of the more complex features (e.g. link to QB Desktop) require tech support from Clockwise. However, the team at clockwise turn this "other" into a positive by being responsive, timely and knowledgeable.

Reasons for choosing Clockwise

Price, tech support and price.

Response from GHG

Thanks so much for your review! We're glad that your experience has been so positive and we look forward to growing with your company. Clockwise has many features and points of customization, so it can be pretty confusing in certain situations. Please take advantage of our free unlimited customer support for any questions you have. We will be happy to customize a user's guide or provide just in time training if that will help save you time in the future. Cody Clark Clockwise Product Manager

Lavorn

Clockwise Review

Pros

What I like most about this software is the easiness to use and the excellent technical support I receive if I need assistance or have questions. Purchasing this software was the best decision I made. Prior to purchasing this software, I spent numerous hours processing the timesheets and the payroll. This software eased the payroll process tremendously. I am a happy and satisfied customer.

Cons

What I like least about this software is there is no option to export one timesheet within a group that has multiple employees. I wish there was an option to export one employee's timesheet within a group rather than exporting all the employees' timesheets within the same group.

Response from GHG

Thanks so much for your review! We're glad that you're happy and satisfied! Thanks also for your helpful suggestion. We will include it in the mix as an idea for future upgrades along with other customer priorities. Thanks for being a long-time Clockwise customer! Cody Clark Clockwise Product Manager

Diana

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Great software program to keep track of time

Love it! Keep up the great work.

Pros

This software is easy to implement and use. The on-boarding team helped us figure out how the software works with our accounting system (Quickbooks). It saves me time and is less costly than other programs. Clockwise is also very "forgiving" with mistakes. It is easy to fix issues or mistakes. The new app for phones is very convenient too.

Cons

The "Leave Request" area still has a few bugs to work out. If our employees request a solid block of time, the PTO is logged for weekends as well.

Reasons for choosing Clockwise

Needed software that would support government time keeping requirements.

Response from GHG

Thank you for your review and, especially, thank you for being a Clockwise customer! The "weekend warrior" leave request is one we look forward to make easier for all those who do not have weekend workers. Please feel free to contact our technical support team to see if there are any tips and tricks and solutions they have provided in the past to reduce over weekend leave requests.

Tanya

My day is so much easier now!

The system set up was quick and painless. Support is very prompt and responsive. This system has made my job so much easier!

Pros

Clockwise is a fairly easy to use, intuitive system. I had a brief call with the implementation team, then I was off and running! I have also found it very reliable, no glitches to speak of at all. I work for a mid-sized (300 employees) privately owned company. The system offers all the features I needed; it actually offers much more than I needed.

Cons

The user training could be beefed up some. When I find myself calling support it's usually for things I don't do often (such as creating new departments and cost codes). A detailed user guide would be helpful.

Response from GHG

This is so great to hear and we are looking toward ways to make your day much easier. We are glad to announce our training and how-to videos that are soon to be released. In the meantime you can view our comprehensive user guides at the following link https://www.goclockwise.com/resources/

Replied September 2018

Stan

Clockwise Review

Overall, our company's experience has been great.

Pros

Our team of employees are located in multiple locations in different states. The web based system allows our team members to log on and input their time and attendance. Android tablets are used by our employees and desktop computers are used by our administrative staff to complete the weekly timecard operations. The process is seamless and very efficient. We will be rolling out the new Clockwise app to our employees in August 2019. We anticipate the app will allow be even more efficient.

Cons

There is a small learning curve that our team experienced. It's important to spend time training your administrative staff on the software first followed by the employees. We developed a train the trainer approach with the administrative staff. The trainers then train the employees and assist with getting through the learning curve.

Response from GHG

It is an honor to provide you and your staff with a time and attendance solution that meets your companies mobile workforce and administrative requirements and needs each and every time. We will continue to provide you an excellent product and even better support in the future.In the meantime your administrative staff and employees can always view our comprehensive user guides at the following link https://www.goclockwise.com/resources/

Kim

Industry: Research

Great software and customer service !

Time keeping, charging time to different accounts .

Pros

We have used this for many years and we are satisfied with the company and the time keeping system and the customer service is awesome !

Cons

Nothing about this software is a problem .

Reasons for switching to Clockwise

Net Suite is too expensive and complicated .

Response from GHG

Thanks so much for being one of our great long-time customers! We at Clockwise are happy that your experience continues to be positive! Cody Clark Clockwise Product Manager

CHRISTY

Ferociously Functional and Customizable

We are using the system to aid in government contractor compliance and payroll processing. Clockwise is help us with some fairly complicated payroll issues we have for some employees. We have not used the system to its fullest capability but are on track to put Clockwise to the test and believe it will exceed our expectations.

Pros

Cost - only pay for exactly what you need Ability to customize Meets government contract requirements Technical support is fantastic, responds quickly by phone or email or chat! Custom reports Mobile App is wonderful and helps Instruction manuals and resources

Cons

Look is a little dated Because it is so flexible, configuration can be time consuming Crosswalk between systems can be complicated

Compliance requirements

Response from GHG

We are delighted that you find Clockwise to be "ferociously functional!" That is an awesome way to describe our product. In fact, I think I might use that quote on our website if you don't mind. Thanks for being a Clockwise customer and please don't hesitate to call if you need our help pushing Clockwise to its fullest capacity. -- Cody Clark, Clockwise Product Manager

Denise

Very Satisfied User

Excellent experience! I've only encountered one problem and was able to have it resolved in a timely manner. When the customer service rep needed to find out some information for me, he returned my call within minutes with the correct solutions. I value excellent customer service.

Pros

The feature I like the most is the ease of the software and the ability to navigate easily between pages, tabs and fields.

Cons

When you have to edit in the time keeping fields and need to type in the comment the reason why, the process would work it would work better/quicker if you could type the reason for the edit in just one field for multiple days and not type in the same information for each individual day for that week.

Response from GHG

Thanks so much for your great review. We at Clockwise are happy that your experience has been so positive! Cody Clark Clockwise Product Manager

Lon

Time clock Admin Review

When a service request is made, the response and resolution was very quick. This is great customer service!

Pros

Ease of use and ability to see employee's timesheet and PTO request within a couple clicks.

Cons

Software is very easy to use, would like to see more Admin reports.

Reasons for choosing Clockwise

This product was easy to deploy and control in our branch offices in various states that we conduct business.

Cost and efficiency.

Response from GHG

It is an honor to provide you and your staff with a time and attendance solution that meets your requirements and needs each and every time you need. We will continue to provide you an excellent product and even better support in the future. We love our customers suggestions. Please feel free to contact Clockwise Technical Support Team regarding report needs. Thank you!

Kathi

Great Software

Pros

We have been using this software since 2009, and have zero complaints. The best feature of this software is the compatibility with QuickBooks. I have never had any issues with downloading the time sheets. It makes my job so much easier. The staff at Clockwise area all very helpful and always available.

Cons

I just have one little thing that I wish could be added or changed in the software. It would be great if the Leave Report could be downloaded into an Excel spreadsheet.

Reasons for choosing Clockwise

Response from GHG

This is so great to hear and we are looking toward ways to make your day much easier. Please contact our technical support team and they will provide you a solution to your leave balance report needs. Thank you for being a Clockwise customer.

Carol

Highly Recommend Clockwise

Love this time saving software! No more having to stop what I'm doing to get employee copy of paystubs/W2 since the employee can log in 24/7 to retrieve this information. You can also post news articles on home page for everyone to see when they log in...great way to make sure everyone stays updated.

Pros

This software is available 24/7 for employees to log into system. Whether they are looking at paystub(s) or last years W2 form, the information is easily available.

Cons

Original setup of software will not be quick. You must answer all of your company's protocols and employee information before this system is operational. Well worth the time spent but of course, everyone always wants a quick software setup.

Response from GHG

Thank you so much for your review! We are happy that Clockwise has been a time saver for you and your team. That is our mission! I'm also pleased that we have been a great tool for getting the word out to your staff. Just a heads up, we hear your input regarding setup time and implementation time, and we are doing something about that. Thank you for being a valued Clockwise customer! Idris Johnson Clockwise Director of Sales and Marketing

Clockwise