Codility

Codility Reviews

• icon"Adding test cases is easy and the interface is intuitive."
  • icon"The software gives us the ability to create a set of coding challenges tailored to the type of hire, with the right degree of difficulty."
  • icon"It's is easy to use and learn new technologies."
  • icon"Customized/ personal testing cases won't load. Support instead of acknowledging and correcting issues came with speculative non-relevant arguments blaming the user."
  • icon"I would prefer to see problems tailored to Machine Learning. The problems I encountered in the site are like puzzles to be solved."
  • icon"The IDE is limited, will delete the applicant's code if they switch languages momentarily."

Browse all Codility Reviews

• Have you used Codility and would like to share your experience with others?

Estêvão

I enjoyed very much practicing algorithms, getting to know companies through the challenges.

Pros

It is a well organised, polished platform for coding skills evaluation. The lessons and challenges provide good content for user practice and the summary section helps to understand the areas the user is going well and areas to improve.

Cons

The platform suits me very well so I don't have any comments on things I dislike or wish to improve.

Kenzi

Intellectual codility review

In codility have learned a lot more so in software development , with new technologies

Pros

It's is easy to use and learn new technologies

Cons

All is awesome the technology used and the way assessments are set

Abdulazeez

User satisfaction

I like the user experience

Pros

It was easy to use and the questions are so arrangble accordingly

Cons

My concern is regarding editor compilar because somethings we give the exact answer but not in the way they program the compilar to compile our code , I think this need to be improved.

My Codility

First time I used Codility 8-9 month ago in my interview. It was Microsoft interview. Scince that time I some times I join Codility and interested Codility questions.

Pros

It's easy of use and I can reach evey old questions easily because questions listed near by near. And I can connect to start time for taking my test again if time is already expired. And resolving time period for every test questions is long, in 1-2 month every body can connect and resolve problem and earn certificate for every resolving problems.

Cons

For every problems I trying use my computer idea before adding my code to Codility because it apsent idea feature, ex. autocomplete. And I do my test cases by myself(It's a bit takes time ) in my idea. I would like Codility before give the several tests cases which users can copy to add their idea.

Catriona

Speeds up the recruitment process

Codility has really helped us speed up our recruitment process enabling us to do all of our candidate testing pre-interview

Pros

Ease of use for candidates and hiring managers

Cons

Time consuming to 1st set up the system for use as you need to create all of your tests

Laman

Excellent

Pros

Having test input/output is quite easy and accessible. Interface is readable.

Cons

When implementing objects from other libraries, it didn't add library automatically. And you did not notice that you have to import library before runtime.

Jorge

August 2022

Student using Codility after code bootcamp

Pros

allows me to continue my education after code bootcamp

Cons

not being able to compare my scripts to others for new ways to implement something

JangHun

August 2022

very good program for people who need new challenges without fee.

Pros

various cases of examples is divided well.

Cons

I think that explanation should be more compensated as well.

Debugging Pane

It provides hands on skills thus preparing the users how to provide solutions to business problems.

Pros

It helps the user to verify their code once done with the questions. It gives a walk though of the platform prior to starting the tests. Provides a clear description of the menu to interact with.

Cons

Does not have a debugging pane here difficult to carry out unit tests before submitting final solution.

Tushar

Best hiring platform

Pros

Everything it has , all the required features

Cons

There should be an option for video monitoring as well

António

Improvement

It's fast to have a real notion about the capabilities of the candidate. We can get material to go deeper when we're interviewing candidate.

Pros

it's very easy to use. Supports different programming languages and can be fitted to our needs as company.

Cons

Sometimes the ui/ux/layout of the product isn't easy to read the code until the end. in 1 side we have the task and the other the result of it. Would be good if we can improve the live code and also have like a whiteboard to interact with the candidate and solve challenges during an interview or even during the challenge.

Response from Codility

Thanks for the feedback António, great that you like how easy Codility is to use. Since you asked about interview functionalities, you might want to try our CodeLive product which gives you a shared interface with your candidate for solving challenges together or coding together on a whiteboard. Feel free to contact us at support@codility.com and we'll give you a tour!

Replied October 2018

Not an adequate test for most engineering roles.

If you use it, I would suggest the live-code feature where you screenshare and watch the applicant solve one larger problem, preferably one that relates to the job at hand rather than a mensa puzzle. Make sure to review the failing submissions because in many cases, they had it right, but the machine graded them wrong, this could be for many reasons including the structure of the training set they were given was different from that of the testing data. Over half of what our engineers do is debug, interpret existing code, and build infrastructure. None of these things are tested with Codility. If they do pass, they are proficient in at least one element of the job, but not necessarily the rest. I interview any applicant who passes with 30% and always look at their code even if it failed.

Pros

It is deployable and easier for HR who don't understand code themselves. The ability to compare to other programmers' skills is nifty.

Cons

Many of the problems are not completely presented (I.E. there are other factors that are not mentioned which would influence the code, so applicants who submit overly-thorough code will actually fail because the machine didn't like their answer.. it is a guessing game) 20 minute time limits to solve an algorithm problem are NEVER the case in real life. Programmers do not work off memory, they work off documentation-- codility does not test on use of frameworks or libraries, only math concepts. The IDE is limited, will delete the applicant's code if they switch languages momentarily.

Reasons for choosing Codility

Pricing, ease of use.

Response from Codility

Dear Mark, thank you very much for your feedback! We are sorry to hear that your experience with Codility didn't meet your expectations. We'll strive to do better in the future! Algorithmic tasks are only a small part of our task library. We also offer a lot of real-life tasks, including the ones where candidates need to fix the bugs in existing code or rewrite the code to improve the application performance. Moreover, our Partnered Tasks service allows you to add your own real-life tasks to our platform. If you're interested in learning more about all sorts of tasks we offer to our customers, please reach out to sales@codility.com. We'd also be happy to hear more about what kind of tasks or technologies are missing in our library, so we can add them ASAP. Your friends at Codility

Replied August 2022

Gabor

Astron

It's much more convenient than paper tests.

Pros

Easy to use. I can manage a lot of candidates and different software languages.

Cons

There is not enough task. My package is not contains plagiarism check.

Response from Codility

Hi Gabor, great to hear that you like using Codility! In case you weren't aware, your license contains plagiarism prevention (the Codility task library is protected and patrolled online for material leaks). However, if you'd like to try out our plagiarism detection features like Similarity Check, please contact us at support@codility.com and we'll be happy to let you try it out.

Replied August 2018

Giuseppe

December 2021

Great value added for big recruiting campaigns

Excellent to assess how candidates act, but overall too expensive

Pros

Outstanding choice of candidate tests, good test evaluation review function

Cons

Licence package too broad and expensive , good for body rental companies but not for a company, however large, that manages recruiting internally

Reasons for choosing Codility

Utilizzato dal team di un'altra country

Sai Kiran

Great Experience. Loved the puzzles and exercises

Pros

A great coding platform, it's easy to use with a clean interface. I've enjoyed the exercises available. The problem statement and examples have great clarity without being too wordy or short. I've taken a couple of tests for companies who used Codility for screening. I've had great experience writing code, testing, putting in my own test-sets all available in the platform.

Cons

The software is pretty much self contained and clean. There isn't much I would complain about. I would love to see more exercises/puzzles.

Izhaar

Industry: Information Services

Great company to work with for our Hard-Skills assessment

It has been a great first few months working with Codility! The staff, has been very patient and generous helping us out, doing more than we could ask for! Great customer experience up to now and hopefully it will always continue like this for the future as well.

Pros

Codility offers us the opportunity to have a IT assessment part during our recruitment process, which is probably the best in the market available.

Cons

It should have even more tests for each possible position :-)

Very positive.

Pros

Provides a platform to test ones coding/algorithmic skills in interesting problems. The problems are challenging and the feedback provided by the system is helpful.

Cons

I would prefer to see problems tailored to Machine Learning. The problems I encountered in the site are like puzzles to be solved. I would prefer to reflect more Applied Machine Learning.

it's very helpful software

in one material, we can test with many programmer language.

Pros

i like the lesson. We can read the material before we can test our capability in mini test or challenge

Cons

in my first impression with this software, it's very user friendly. Not need many time to adapt with this software

Connor

A New Standard of SaaS for Software Engineer Testing

Exceptional customer service.

Pros

Variety of testing and personalization options ensures that we are efficiently structuring our interview process to gauge engineering effectiveness.

Cons

The UI, while getting better, still leaves somethings to be desired.

We are really liking Codility

Most importantly, codility allowed our organization to dramatically speed up our recruiting process without a loss in quality of screening.

Pros

The software gives us the ability to create a set of coding challenges tailored to the type of hire, with the right degree of difficulty. It also has the capability to detect cheating, which has been very helpful to root out candidates we wouldn't want. After having used the software awhile, we can now gauge how different candidates compare.

Cons

Not much honestly. It's working out pretty well.

Italo

Best code assessment website

My experience was awesome in general. I liked to do the exercises; they're hard enough to get us interested in solving them. My only complain is I'd like to get the final report after an interview to be able to work on my weaknesses. That would be great.

Pros

The final report when we finish an exercise. It is simply awesome. We are able to quickly verify which area we should work harder to enhance/improve our skills.

Cons

The system blocks the final report if our recruiter doesn't allow us to see it. The feeling is like I will remain blind in front of my weaknesses.

Ben

Great tool

You can learn a lot about your candidates by giving the same tests. I'm using it mostly with junior developers.

Pros

The ease of use and the candidate experience.

Cons

That I don't have enough candidats to use it more :)

Chiheb

Industry: Information Services

Good and easy-to-use software

Pros

A really easy to use software. The provided exercises and challenges are intresting.

Cons

The possibility for the user to explicitly tell if he/she used copy/paste from another editor. (Sometimes, one prefer to use his own editor and lately copy the solution to Codility)

Ashish

Industry: Program Development

Online coding platform

Pros

I was invited to give an online test on this platform. I liked the practice problem that they have provided with every detailed explanations as well. The test cases for each problems are also very diverse.

Cons

When we are doing a problem, every easy test cases are provided. Once we submit the solution, it evaluates on a wide range of test cases depending on correctness and performance. But these test cases are not visible to the programmer. We can't see them for future reference purpose. It just show that this case failed.

Response from Codility

Dear Ashish, thank you very much for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you had a positive experience with Codility :) There are multiple reasons why some of the test cases are hidden. Some of the test cases are rather complicated, which might create some confusion, and we strive to provide candidates with the best experience possible. In addition, we don't make all test cases visible to candidates because this would encourage them to hardcode a solution rather than writing one that will scale in a real-life job related scenario. If you have any questions on how our scoring system works, please feel free to reach out to support@codility.com Your friends at Codility

Replied August 2022

Nasser

Very informative and professional

Pros

The challenges and what you learn along the way

Cons

No code-completion in the dev environment, and limited unit testing (which ends up evaluating how good you are riddles and not necessarily engineering)