• Pros

• "I love that they have an app for smartphones. It makes things so much easier."

• "The software is easy to use on the admin side. The user interface is straightforward. "

• "Easy for employees to access remotely. Good customer service. "

• Cons

• "I think the report writing can be a little challenging and output not always pretty but it does work"

• "The only challenge is you need to navigate through multiple screen to review and confirm information (dates and times entered)"

• "1. Cant hit the back button 2. I would like to be able to match a cc charge to an existing entry. "

Browse DATABASICS Time Reviews

Renee from The Co-operators

Great software, easy to administer and support staff are amazing, always willing to help.

Staff are responsible for inputting their own reports and the automation of the approval process.

Pros

The product is easy to use and administer and the functionality has come a long way since we started using DATABASICS. They are constantly improving their software and their procedure documentation. They are always willing to help us deal with situations or new configuration requests, coming up with solutions or adding them as a future enhancements. I love working with their employees, they are always willing to listing and meet with me to discuss items. DATABASICS started to provide webinars so that you can learn new things about the software as well as using them as a refresher.

Cons

My least favorite thing about the software is the reporting, within DATABASICS admin and Jasper. Jasper reporting is something that I don't use all the time so I have to familiarize myself with it when I do go in and use it. However they have had some webinars on Jasper reporting which has been helpful as well as documenting what's included in the domains. Within the admin console there are some admin audit data that is hard to understand but they are working on improving these.

Response from DATABASICS

Replied June 2017

Thank you Renee for your honest review of DATABASICS. We appreciate the opportunity to hear your thoughts on the Expense product and we love having the chance to support you and your team with answers to questions and solutions to problems. Hearing about how the Support team has helped you in the past has made our day!

Traci from Tolmar Inc.

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

2019 DataBasics Review

My accounts payable group had to manually process approx. 60 expense reports each week. This software not only saves them a considerable amount of processing time but it makes the entire approval routing and payment process more efficient.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. The general ledger extract, automated notifications and the availability to customize reports is extremely helpful. The security behind the rules and validation process, is ideal in helping my staff approve and make payment process efficient. The amazing DB staff from the our implementation team to our current support staff is the absolute BEST part of the entire process.

Cons

It would be great if the supervisors or managers that approve the expense reports, could do that simply by replying to the email notification

Reasons for Choosing DATABASICS Time

The cost! We implemented DB approx. 4 year ago with another one of our entities and could not wait to start using it on this entity.

Response from DATABASICS

Replied July 2019

Thanks, Traci, for your thoughtful review of DATABASICS! We love to hear that you're saving time and making your processes more efficient. We're also thrilled to hear that the DATABASICS team has been so helpful throughout the whole process. We're also super thrilled to have you as a customer. Thank you for the time you took to tell others about us. -The DB Team

Christina from NDRI, Inc.

Industry: Research

Databasics is a good product.

Databasics was user friendly for our employees.

Pros

Easy for employees to access remotely. Good customer service.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to understand how to make changes in the system.

Response from DATABASICS

Replied January 2020

Dear Christina, Thanks for leaving us a review. We are thrilled that you loved how easy the software is to use for employees; our team will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. We also appreciate the feedback on making changes in the system. So, thanks for your sharing your thoughts and we look forward to continuing to provide above-and-beyond customer service for your organization. With all our best, The DB Team

Preshana from CSIS

DATABASICS Suite Review

My overall experience has been good thus far. It was a bumpy start, which is expected for any program. However, the overall day to day use has been great.

Pros

Cons

The jasper reports, this is not a dislike, but more of a growth area for me. The problems that I do have with the system the support team is extremely helpful at assisting with these task. Specially, CSRs.

Reasons for Choosing DATABASICS Time

DataBasics was able to integrate with Microsoft SL

Response from DATABASICS

Replied January 2020

Dear Preshana, Thanks for leaving us a review. We are thrilled that you loved how easy the software is to use for admins; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. We also appreciate the feedback on the Jasper reporting. So, thanks for your thoughtful words and we look forward to continuing to provide above-and-beyond customer service for your organization. With all our best, The DB Team

Anne-France from Dentsply Sirona

Industry: Medical Devices

Quite good overall. This software could be more intuitive to use

Harmonized way to do expense reports

Pros

What I like most is the fact that it is possible to use it anywhere, on multiple devices. I also like the receipt express.

Cons

As an admin, I don't like the fact that the different tables are not linked together (example: it is not possible to have WBS in the same file as the employees, when exporting Employee file in Data Piping). And VAT treatment is still very poor.

Linda from Panasonic

10 Excellent years of service.

From the implementation team to the technical support team, they have always, gone above and beyond to satisfy our needs and provide excellent service and support.

Pros

DATABASICS has been our T&E Expense reporting service for over10 years, they have been very attentive to our needs and requirements, have made many customizations to fit our culture and needs. They also, have a great implementation and support team.

Cons

Soo many upgrades! I know they are required, but with a company like ours who has so many customized fields, every time there is an upgrade we need to test and retest our transactions to ensure everything is still functioning properly. However, they are included in the package price.

Response from DATABASICS

Replied October 2019

Dear Linda, Thanks for leaving us such a kind review. We are thrilled that you loved your 10-year experience with DATABASICS Expense and our team; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. We also appreciate the feedback on the upgrades. So, thanks for your thoughtful words and we look forward to continuing to provide above-and-beyond customer service for your organization. With all our best, The DB Team

Rohit from The Trust for Public Land

I use DATABASICS for my weekly time cards.

Pros

I like how I can save the time code and activity, so I don't have to locate the same codes every pay period. I also like how I can easily the time sheets from the last few pay periods right after logging in, without any additional work on my side.

Cons

I think it is hard to see the dates/times for the entire pay period in one screen. Meaning I have to scroll right and left to view all the times i have entered, when I am still in draft mode. It would be nice if the entire pay period displayed on the screen without having to do this.

Response from DATABASICS

Replied October 2017

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that logging your time is easy. Concerning the Con you noted: It is possible to change your view. Here's how: Click on your name in the top right corner. Click on My Preferences. Look for a section titled Time Preferences. In that area, you can adjust the percentage of your screen taken up by your timesheet. If you enter "30%," for example, then the timesheet will adjust to fit into one screen in draft mode. Then, click "Apply Changes" at the bottom of the screen. Try entering different percentages to see what you prefer. We hope that this fixes the concern you noted. If we can help, just reach out at support@data-basics.com. Thank you for the opportunity to work with you!

Suraj from Databasics, Inc.

The app (desktop and mobile) is quick, easy to use and the promptness of the support team is crazy.

I can easily submit my reports.

Pros

I have been using the app since almost a year now, and I still don't find it tedious to submit my time every day. The reason being -- how quick and simple it is to use the app. I have added the clients and time codes I frequently use to my favorites, and in literally 4 clicks I can submit the time. If I need any assistance, an email or call to the support team has always been helpful. The promptness and the flexibility of the team is applauding. If you like traveling, then the cover pictures will make you wonder what are you doing in front of that screen. The app that my previous employer used for time tracking would make me wait until Friday to do my time-sheets or until the deadline was approaching, but with Databasics I can do it every day with so much ease.

Cons

In the last one year I have never come across anything major. The only problems I had to deal with were few glitches, which would stop after restarting the app.

Response from DATABASICS

Replied June 2017

Thanks for your review, Suraj! We're happy that you've found the app so helpful. We appreciate the feedback.

Sean from Pilot Catastrophe

I work with this product everyday and incorporate new employees into its use.

We are now able to keep up with reports and receipts per manager in one secure location.

Pros

The software is user friendly. We are able to train managers within an hour on how to use DB. Being able to adjust a report before reimbursing is a breeze and the validation makes it much easier to keep up with per diem for our managers.

Cons

The reporting. I would like easier was to extract information from the system as well as receipts. If there were ways to mark them so I could pull all of them up when I generate a report to provide support for the charge.

Response from DATABASICS

Replied June 2017

Thank you for your review and your feedback. Please reach out to us in the future if we can help with reporting and extracting information! We're here to help at any time.

Tom from SONY MUSIC

Industry: Music

Databasics is the most user friendly T&E application we have used in the past 15 years!

Pros

User friendly! The admin functionality is very easy to navigate. The application flags policy exceptions for offshore audit team as well as approvers in the 4 level approval flow. Split screen capabilities allows audit team and approvers to view receipt attachments at the line item level. The application handles ALL interfaces/feeds from Amex, HR, PRS system and SAP. The Jasper reporting tool used for budgeting, T&E Spend and exception reporting. Helpdesk is actually VERY HELPFUL!!

Cons

Nothing really bad to say about the application it self, the help portal at times is a bit cumbersome.

Response from DATABASICS

Replied May 2017

jon from The Trust for Public Land

The product works and functions as needed for this organization. Customer support is top drawer.

1. Automated time and expense tracking with solid interfaces to/from various other applications. 2. Improved (over the course of many years) end user time and expense interface. 3. Hosted environment with the database custody proviso. 4. Top drawer customer support

Pros

I like most: 1. Customer Support through the Databasics support website/portal 2. Application stability - little to no downtime 3. Application functionality 4. Ease of administration 5. End user experience We have a 360+ employee user pool who all use the time sheets with a good portion of that total also using the expense reporting. We have used Databasics since version 4x, through the years upgrading to version 5x and now version 6x in the hosted environment. The application is generally easy to use, in most cases, requiring only a brief initial orientation and from there, minimal end user support for the application. Many employees have taken advantage of the mobile application to enter either time or expenses while traveling and this was a welcome functional addition received with version 6x. Receipt imaging and organization was another welcome addition. We extract and interface expense data (weekly) and time sheet data (semi-monthly) from Databasics to our accounting application. We also import and interface organizational data (employee information, accounting structural data, etc...) into Databasics from both our accounting and HRIS applications. While managing these interfaces requires some training, assistance is always available if needed.

Cons

User feedback indicates that the time sheet form could be improved. The one recurring complaint/suggestion sine version 4x is that time sheet lines cannot be drag-n-drop managed for user sorting preferences. As an administrator, I dislike the fact that I no longer have physical custody of the database for other analysis or reporting needs. All ad hoc reporting must be done through the embedded Jasper reporting application. This generally meets the needs but is sometimes inconvenient to use.

Response from DATABASICS

Replied June 2017

We very much appreciate your thorough review of DATABASICS. Hearing about how it benefits you makes our day! Thank you, also, for your suggestions and feedback concerning reporting and the time sheet. Please continue to reach out if you have questions or concerns. We're thrilled for the opportunity to help!

Mark from Tampa Armature Works Inc

An easy to use expense tracking system that provides approval levels needed to manage your expenses

Moving from a paper tracking system to an electronic system has saved us money, allowed for better expense approval processes and increased the reimbursement turn around for our users. Using the mobile app and website allows approvals to happen from anywhere as long as an internet connection is available.

Pros

The software is easy to manage and setup. It is easy for the users to use. Mostly the Customer Support team is excellent in assisting when you have a problem. Individuals goes out of his way to get you a quick response to any problem or question you may have. It is great to have that kind of support behind you.

Cons

There are only a couple of cons I find about the program. When you want to delete a user you have to go to many different areas and delete the person before you actually delete the user profile. It would be nice from the employee record to click delete and the system asks if you want to delete all correlating records. The system is more designed to just make the user inactive versus actually deleting the individual completely. The other area is AD Hoc reporting. I feel the Jaspersoft report creation is not as easy as the rest of the program. You really need separate in-depth training on how to get the full benefits from the AD Hoc reporting portion.

Response from DATABASICS

Replied June 2017

Thank you for your review and your feedback. We also appreciate your suggestion about deleting users and ad hoc reporting. We're also thrilled to learn about the benefits you've experienced in using DATABASICS.

Sherri from Skanska USA Building

Overall good product

DataBasics works well for us, our employees do both out of pocket and company PCard expenses. We recently upgraded our ERP system and DataBasics' support team was excellent at helping us work out the bugs.

Pros

The versatility for us was key, we have very specific requirements and DataBasics was able to accommodate most of them. The support team is great to work with, very responsive and helpful. DataBasics is very open to and supportive of new requests for features and has implemented several of them for us.

Cons

Creating new reports can be cumbersome, they're not very intuitive. However the support team is great and has helped me navigate and created what I couldn't. We have a final review process where the number of expense to review can get pretty high, when the numbers are high the system is slow to load them.

Response from DATABASICS

Replied September 2019

Hi Sherry, Thanks so much for your review. We're happy to hear that the support team has been such an asset to you. They're very proud of their commitment to our customers and we're happy that you're also experiencing the result of that commitment. We've noted your concern with the load time and we'll continue to strive to make it faster to load. All our best, The DATABASICS Team

Sharon from Driving Dynamics

Industry: Public Safety

Complete information

Databasics has been a project that was implemented slowly and cautiously as most of our contractors are not up to date with technology. Unfortunately it cause a huge problem when trying to get the correct information from them. Databasics has solved most of this issue. The support I have recieved (even witn stupid errors) is extremely fast. The phone app is the greatest! Our employees using the phone app are up to date with their information and as a company we can now see where our strengths and weaknesses are in regards to the cost of goods sold as well as expenses.

Pros

Prior to this software our company expense informaiton was all over the place and difficult at best to pull together when invoicing a customer for a completed project. now that all of our employees submit their time and expenses through Data basics I can acces all the expenses for a job within a few minutes by running simple report. The Databasics team was very helpful in

Cons

Response from DATABASICS

Replied October 2018

Thank you for your thoughtful review of DATABASICS! We love to hear that you're now empowered with data about your organization. We're also thrilled to hear that our support service has been beneficial in solving unforeseen or unexpected problems. We are very appreciative of the time you took to tell others about us. Thank you bunches and bunches! -The DB Team

Hardeep from CACI

System that was provided is Travel Expense system. We were looking for Purchase Card Program.

we were able to implement this software as Purchase Card reconciliation system for CACI. This system will allow users to reconcile transaction and attach back up documents, those will be stored in the system up to 7 years. The need to be able to store documents online for 7 years is what lead to the implementation of this system.

Pros

It's an advance system and accommodated what were looking for even though it was not Purchase Card system.Customer rep helped us made this system function as we expected it to work. From the start, he took the time to sit down with the team to understand our project needs. We understand this is common for implementations but what stood out what his willingness to understand the intricacies of our program and mutually work to develop solutions that work for us (and not just implement solutions that other companies have used).

Cons

System can be improved with minor tweaks those will have huge impact for users. Most of our users are used to simple and non-complex system. this system has many features those confuse users. specially the non-tech users.

Response from DATABASICS

Replied August 2017

Thank you for your thoughtful and thorough review! We pride ourselves on the functionality of our product and on our customer service team, so we're thrilled to read that you are satisfied with both. We look forward to many more years of a productive relationship and we hope that you'll continue to reach out to us if you need us. Thank you again!

Dyanna from The Performance Group

Time saver, easy to use

Information at your finger tips, easy to use.

Pros

Leave Management has been such a great add for our company. It allows each employee to see how much PTO they accumulate per pay period, how much they used and when they would max out. It makes each employee responsible for managing their own PTO. We can customize it to our needs. We have different accrual rates for length of service, as well as exceptions to the rule. Set them up once, assign them to the employee and it all works! Customer support is amazing and responds very quickly when you need assistance.

Response from DATABASICS

Replied June 2017

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are thrilled to hear about how leave management is working for you and solving problems. Please continue to reach out with questions or problems. We're always happy to help!

Cynthia from The Performance Group of Northern CA

DB has solved our issues with managing utilization, labor billing and expense reports

HR compliance for hourly employees, time off management, electronic expense reports that seamlessly upload to our financial software, labor utilization by employees, departments and projects

Pros

Integration with Microsoft Dynamics/Solomon Project Controller and Financial Accounting is seamless and easy to manage

Cons

Response from DATABASICS

Replied June 2017

Thank you for your review and your feedback concerning report writing. We're happy to help with any problem or provide an answer to any question. We're also thrilled to hear about how useful DATABASICS has been for you.

Sue from L3 Technologies Combat Propulsion Systems

Industry: Defense & Space

From the time we chose DATABASICS , I have always had excellent customer support from the team.

Pros

The ease in the creation, approval(s) of the TA (Travel Authorization) including the travel advance option. Along with ease in the creation, approval, and payment of Expense Reports. It is extremely helpful that American Express provides a daily data feed with the employee's AMEX charges along with the currency exchanges for the International expenses.

Cons

I miss being able to have go between two functions in the application. For example, the ease in going from the Expense Screen and the Admin screen. Perhaps this has changed since my last upgrade.

Response from DATABASICS

Replied June 2017

Thanks for your review, Sue! We're thrilled to hear about how our customer support team has always been helpful for you. We look forward to continuing to resolve problems and answer questions. We're also glad to hear about how easy you've found it to create, approve, and reimburse expense reports. Thanks for the feedback on the admin view

Nancy from Aerovironment, Inc.

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Our company has been using Databasics for over 9 years. We have been very happy with this software.

Expenses are posted into our accounting system which saves the company so much time compared to the manual process prior.

Pros

I like that the credit card transactions feed into the system. The government per diems calculate automatically.

Response from DATABASICS

Replied June 2017

Thanks for your review, Nancy! We appreciate that you have found credit card transactions to be helpful, saving you time over manual processes. We're happy for the chance to hear your thoughts about the product and we're here for you in the future to answer questions.

Dave from Oldcastle

Industry: Building Materials

DataBasics Mgmt and Staff have been wonderful to work with. They really are very customer focused.

Value, Reliability, Good support and customer service. Management that works hard to develop what you need.

Pros

Reliable, Intuitive, and well supported. This product is always up and running. The service team is in front of all issues and communicates well with the user base. The product is intuitive after the first introductory training. May online help tools.

Cons

Back End Reporting. There is an Ad-Hoc tool for creating back end reporting but it is not the best reporting tool. Have had issues getting what I needed and having it run without help from their DB team. They usual come up with a solution and do the work for you or help you get something to fit the need.

Response from DATABASICS

Replied June 2017

Thank you for your review and your feedback. Please continue to reach out to us for any problem or question!

Claudia from NCP

great

Pros

We are very please with it. It is very straight-forward and easy to use and meets our company needs.

Cons

Response from DATABASICS

Replied August 2017

Thank you for your review, Claudia. We're very appreciative that you took the time to write about DATABASICS and we're thrilled to hear that we're meeting the needs of your company. Please reach out if we can do anything to help in the future!

Missy from Tarkett

I have had only good since we moved to solely Databasics- the service is wonderful!

The ability to pull our payment to our drivers at any time. This will and has helped in rare instances that we missed a holiday deadline or someone was unable to submit expenses on time. We have enjoyed a better support system with troubleshooting.

Pros

The ease of use and training for our users. Most all of our drivers transitioned easily to the new system and have had very minimal issues since. Any time we have had any trouble Support is always ready and willing to help out at a moments notice.

Cons

the fact that I haven't been able to learn every aspect of its capabilities yet. Not due to any fault of Databasics but of my own - just taking the time to learn/attend a webinar.

Response from DATABASICS

Replied May 2017

Thank you so much for your review!

Roxanne from Bostik, Inc.

Excellent Customer Service

Pros

Ease of use Very intuitive Easy for the Administrator to us and update/make changes quickly New User Training is short or not even required in some cases.

Cons

Reporting through Jasper some reports are available through DataBasics Creating reports through Jasper is more difficult

Response from DATABASICS

Replied May 2017

Thank you for your review!

I use Databasics on a weekly basis, it serves my needs well.

Pros

I like that you can email receipts directly to your expense report. It is easy to navigate and reconcile.

Cons

It would be great if it was easier to see a past expense report - currently I have to export a file to review the line items.

Response from DATABASICS

Replied October 2017

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that emailing receipts is easy and quick. Concerning your note about the ability to see all past expense report line items, it is currently possible to search all past expense report transactions in one screen without having to export. However, this is a feature that must be turned on for your specific site. This is called the "admin read only module," which we can enable, but we will need to confirm it with your administrator. To initiate this process, please email us at support@data-basics.com. We can then provide next steps and communicate with your administrator. Thanks again for the review and the opportunity to work with you! --DATABASICS Support

It's very handy

Pros

I love that they have an app for smartphones. It makes things so much easier.

Cons

There have been times it locked up, but it's rare. And less frequent lately.

Response from DATABASICS

Replied August 2019

Hello there! Thanks for leaving us a review. We are thrilled that you have had a positive experience with DATABASICS Time and the DATABASICS app; our staff will be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your time and we look forward to continuing to work with you.

Cooper from JJCT, Inc

The ability to give employees access to see PTO in realtime is great!

Con: I didn't hear about it sooner!?! There's really nothing to change about it, honestly. We get the view, we get the report... it's great.

Pros

Everything's automated. We set it up and it tracks and provides views to employees with me doing anything. It's a huge time saver and big benefit for our team members.

Response from DATABASICS

Replied June 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to help with any question in the future!

Jen from RayNoldsAccounting, LLC

It's just a really easy software to use. One place to go for timesheets and PTO

Pros

I have to track my time to projects. Now that we use DATABASICS it takes me half the time to do my timesheet

Cons

Not sure... we haven't begun using all of the modules yet. We're supposed to implement Expense module next quarter.

Response from DATABASICS

Replied June 2017

Thank you for your review. Please reach out to us if we can help when the Expense module is implemented.

Raj from IEWC Corp.

User-friendly, easy, great support help

Pros

User-friendly, mobile capabilities, ability to capture receipt on phone and email to an expense report

Cons

The inability to choose more than one expense to upload to an expense report, and then categorize and add them all to an expense report (instead of adding them one at a time).

Response from DATABASICS

Replied May 2017

Matt from Cenduit

Great system for time keeping and reporting

Pros

Easy to input time sheet data and submit time sheets. Great reporting functionality and ability to design and customize reports.

Cons

Administrative capabilities are not straight forward and difficult to navigate. Custom reports take significant time to run and load.

Response from DATABASICS

Replied June 2017

Thank you for your review and your feedback. Please reach out to us if we can help with the administrative capabilities or if we can help with running reports. We're here to help!

Jennifer from DATABASICS

Quick & Easy

Pros

ProsI like that it's easy to use. I have used other time and expense systems in the past and it would take forever to file my expenses. I like that I can quickly do my expenses and I get reimbursed fast.

Cons

What I like least about the software is that it's meant for mid-size and enterprise businesses and not for personal use.

Response from DATABASICS

Replied May 2017

Chris from ALTA IT Services

Easy to cut down on expenses

Pros

Very easy for our staff to submit time and expenses. Administrators love this because it is also easy for them to gather the information.

Cons

Response from DATABASICS

Replied July 2019

Thanks so much for letting us know about your experience with DATABASICS. We're so glad to hear that your administrators love DATABASICS. We're also happy to take on your feedback about the multiple screens. The latest version minimizes the number of clicks you need to get your tasks done. Check out version 7 to see it for yourself!