What are Deluxe Payroll and HR users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Deluxe Payroll and HR software through verified user reviews

• icon"It is VERY easy to use, and the actual payroll processing function works well."
  • icon"I like the assisted payroll option so I don't have to worry about manual entries, like I did before."
  • icon"Very straightforward, with good support on the rare occasion I need to get support."
  • icon"A VERY CUMBERSOME process. Spend some money and get a real payroll system that can function in a real world where companies have multiple pay cycles."
  • icon"Not very helpful and customer service is poor."
  • icon"You have a very antiquated system in that it cannot accommodate a company with multiple pay cycles and be able to produce accurate governmental reports."

Browse all Deluxe Payroll and HR Reviews

• Have you used Deluxe Payroll and HR and would like to share your experience with others?

Christopher

Industry: Law Practice

Deluxable

Exceptional experience.

Pros

Phenomenal support. I do not understand why any smaller company pays a bookkeeper to make error when this product is perfect.

Cons

Nothing. The support if incredible and to workflow can be done fro a smart phone!

Reasons for switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

The bookkeeper kept calling to confirm a small payroll. We left the bookeeper. No more call no more last minute confusion.

Deluxe Payroll

Very pleased.

Pros

Provided all of the compliance reporting necessary, ease of use, and cost.

Cons

Reporting by departments is limited. Would like to see reporting by departments that provide detail of employees' time in those departments.

Cost and ease of use.

Reasons for switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

ADP was too complex and expensive for our small business.

Gail

Very poor system design and accuracy

The managers and payroll reps I have worked with are all courteous, helpful and pleasant..... which I'm sure has been challenging for them given my level of frustration with the ongoing problems. But I do want to give them very high marks for being professional and helpful.....I know your system inadequacies are not their fault. However, your sales reps also leave something to be desired. I was given incorrect information on a NUMBER of items, that would have made a difference in my selection of Deluxe if I had complete and honest information. I don't think I was intentionally deceived in being given information, but your people promised things that were not possible, or that were misrepresented, most likely out of their lack of knowledge and/or training.

Pros

It is VERY easy to use, and the actual payroll processing function works well.

Cons

You have a very antiquated system in that it cannot accommodate a company with multiple pay cycles and be able to produce accurate governmental reports. After 3 quarters of INCORRECT quarterly reports, it was finally determined that a 2nd database would need to be created for hourly (semi-weekly) payroll cycles, and the original database would be kept for salaried (monthly) payrolls. Although I was assured that the 2 databases would produce combined accurate quarterly reports, this has not been the case and I am very frustrated. If an employee who starts out as hourly is transitioned to salary, they must be deleted from the hourly database and manually entered (wages) in the salaried database. If this isn't done correctly, we end up 2 W-2's, etc, etc, etc. A VERY CUMBERSOME process. Spend some money and get a real payroll system that can function in a real world where companies have multiple pay cycles.

Reasons for choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Price and promises...... While the pricing is fair, the many promises that didn't work (and are continuing to be a problem) are unacceptable for a company the size of Deluxe. Do better :-(

Reasons for switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Because their software/system was even worse than yours is......

Richard

Best bang for your buck

Overall it has been great. We were previously with paychex and being a large company they didn't really care about us. It was almost impossible to get them to help us.

Pros

The program is really easy to use and for a very low price.

Cons

It is missing some reports that may be useful.

Reasons for choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Price was a huge factor and the fact that they could handle all of the necessary payroll functions.

Reasons for switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Their customer service was horrible for the amount of money we were paying.

Karin

Worth every penny!

see above

Pros

i have both W2 and 1099 staff members; i pay commission, tips and have local and state sick pay and taxes. Deluxe has made it fairly seamless for me and pays my ESD and L&I taxes on my behalf. saves me loads of time! i love the direct deposit feature, as do my staff. the reporting tools are perfect and exactly what my accountant needs. Customer support is top notch.

Cons

Wish it was a bit more customizable and that i didn't see all the reporting choices that do no affect me/my business. would also like if more HR info was included in my pricing. otherwise, very few issues or concerns. oh, and since we are West Coast and Deluxe is East Coast, i do sometimes have to pay more attention to the due dates and times that our usually outside of my personal schedule, but not really a problem, just my thing.

Reasons for choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

CSR was far more attentive and was able to answer all of my questions; gave a good breakdown of my expenses and quickly found answers for my reporting concerns.

Industry: Restaurants

Good Value

Overall Deluxe has been a great addition to my company. I have had not issues that were not corrected within one day, and generally all I have to do is make a phone call to my support rep and my issue is solved.

Pros

I like the ease of use and it only take minutes to complete my payroll. The customer service has also been top notch.

Cons

Setting up local and school taxes was the worst thing about using this system. I would like it if the system did the checking of local taxes, instead of having to look this up and input it myself.Over

Reasons for choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Ease of use and cost structure.

Reasons for switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

They made things too difficult, they did not make me feel as though I was important.

Derek

Industry: Information Services

My Review

Its been great!

Pros

Its easy and offers everything a Major company offers and a fraction of the price.

Cons

I changed my pay and have commission. Wish their was a commission template to make inputting payroll easier. No commission template but I havent asked so their may be one.... !!!

Reasons for choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Pricing and function of software. They made it wasy!

Reasons for switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

They kept messing up my taxes, cost more and customer service was not good. Had a new rep each week.

Mike

Deluxe Pay Review

This saves us the time of figuring out what needs to be sent for payroll taxes.

Pros

My salary employees have their paychecks completed in about a minute total!

Cons

There aren't many negatives for the software, the only part I am not a fan of would be the warnings I have to approve each week for employees that are paid commission not having hours submitted for their time.

Reasons for choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Deluxe was the only option that I could pick up payroll locally in Towson Maryland without our checks being mailed to us. Deluxe has now moved their offices to Kansas so we are now looking into alternative options.

Danetta

Super user friendly

Our pay structure is weird since we pay for performance instead of the same hourly rate.

Pros

It is really easy to use! It is nice to have everything in one company.

Cons

I have no complaints! Super easy to set up and use!

Reasons for switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

ADP was difficult to enter our performance pay rates.

Khurram

June 2022

Deluxe Payroll and HR review

Pros

A very dependable, cost-effective, and user-friendly solution for small businesses.

Cons

Sometimes unable to reach customer support when you need them the most.

Victor

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Bang for our buck

It's all stated above already. Once again: Payroll support and HR are fantastic but the tax department is not.

Pros

I enjoy the ease ib adding employees, entering and submitting payroll. I enjoy the fuctionality in creating vouchers to fix past mistakes (ours) . I totally enjoy the delivery speed. Their outsource HR people are great. They created the perfect employee handbook for me and they reply to my questions online within 12 houres.

Cons

It is difficult to change information on employees. Whjile the payroll support team are great and reply to questions within two to four hours, it is not so when the question or request has to be directed from support to the tax people. I have unfinished business with the tax people that is really old. While we are perfectly happpy other than that, the lack of response from the rtax department could be what makes us switch to another service.

Reasons for choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

One reason only: They would not take my employees who have an ITIN and not a Social Security number. The ITINS begin with 9. I liked the response to that from the salesman at Deluxe.

Reasons for switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Because I needed less involvement myself and I needed someone reliable that I could turn to with a full payroll service. EZ Paychecks is only a software with an IT department; not a full scale payroll service.

thae

Payroll Services

Excellent

Pros

I appreciate the simplicity of the payroll platform

Cons

There are no features that seem to be misssing.

Reasons for choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

The payroll platform was easy to navigate

Reasons for switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Paychex Flex payroll platform was not user friendly

Art

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Easy to use product

Used for 3 plus years

Pros

Easy to input and get reports out........

Cons

Custom reports and interface with other software

Reasons for choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Cost for each payroll period

Bettye

HR service

Only thing I don't like is that when the payroll withholding or employer tax rates increase I am not advised. When I ask the support staff, I do not feel she is interested in speaking to me. If I had received an email, I would not have to call -- just go into the system

Pros

I like to access during my time when it is convenient.

Cons

I don't think it is easy to get the reports when you don't do it often. The tool bar doesn't explain how to get the reports. Also, I receive an email and also a copy of the bill -- don't understand why I receive both

Reasons for choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Referral from a trusted business associate

Reasons for switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

I didn't like the lack of communication or the way they controlled the payroll on their schedule.

Debbie

Stop paying for overpriced payroll processing!

I love the product. I wish my dedicated rep was more helpful when I need something.

Pros

Deluxe payroll is simple and user friendly. It does everything I need it to do. I love the electronic employee on-boarding process. I spend very little time doing payroll. The timeclock integration with SwipeClock is a real time-saver. Integrations was a breeze. I was able to save my company a lot of money making the switch from one of the other expensive payroll processors without losing functionality.

Cons

There is a clunky process when using PTO time, but after you learn the process, it isn't so bad.

Patrick

Deluxe

The customer experience and the customer service with deluxe far exceeds that of other payroll companies. We recommend them to all of our clients who are looking for a more simplistic payroll solution.

Pros

The software is easy to use and navigate. From running reports to processing payroll, Deluxe has everything you need, without having to make calls to get what you want.

Cons

The only negative is the invoicing process that was recently implemented. I preferred to have it all under one report without having to take the extra step of printing the summary and invoice, but even then, it is still a simple process.

Reasons for switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Cost and ease of business

nick

Good Value

Overall it is very good. I believe that the transition from Payce to Deluxe when Deluxe bought Payce had some hiccups that we are still experiencing. At one point, Deluxe's fee was pulled from the wrong bank account, even though it had been working seamlessly prior to the merger. One issue we are still having is that we are receiving emailed invoices for Westminster Self Storage but we are not receiving any invoices at all for Sunshine Management. This is something we have called about numerous times, but no one seems to be able to resolve it. It is not a huge issue, but it is inconvenient and it seems like a very fixable issue, despite that it has not been fixed yet.

Pros

The Deluxe software is fairly easy to use. Our customer service rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is outstanding. She is pivotal to our opinion of the software and she is an excellent representative for Deluxe.

Cons

Some of the more complex things that come up are hard to figure out. Luckily [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is always available and happy to help or to teach me what to do.

Reasons for choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

Price and customer service of Payce Payroll were differentiators. We feel it is a good value and there is always someone available to help us.

Kayce

Payroll

Overall, I've been pleased. We've had to work closely with our Customer Service Rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], who has been really great to do everything she can to help us when situations happen and/or questions occur. We've had some issues with getting states set up but in the end, everything has come together.

Pros

Fairly easy to use from the user and admin perspectives.

Cons

Reporting features could use some improvement, the onboarding setup isn't easy to understand and we haven't been able to utilize the features as we had hoped. Forms often don't load (w-9, etc.) for everyone and it's not easy to understand how to set up. We had really hoped to utilize the time system with the payroll system, but after comparing it to QuickBooks Time (formerly Tsheets) there was no way for us to switch because of the lack of reporting features. We use the time for billing and payroll and the reports for exporting the time data didn't give us the info in as much detail as we needed. And, the user interface wasn't as easy to navigate, etc.

Reasons for choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

If I recall correctly, it was the time system and ability to enter time quickly, etc.

Reasons for switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

We loved Wells Fargo but they closed their payroll service division.

Mary Jo

Ease of use, cost efficient

Pros

The software is very easy to use as it is like an excel spreadsheet. Set up can be very customized for all company benefits so that tracking is accurate. I am able to pull necessary reports for year end, for workers comp audit and for 401k census reporting so it is very helpful in all those areas.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that the certified payroll function is an all or nothing product. We have done perhaps three or four projects over the ten years I have been using the software and the unfortunate thing is that I have to pay for that access each time I process even when it does not pertain.

Reasons for switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Our costs continued to rise with the previous software.

Response from Deluxe Enterprise Operations

Hi Mary Jo, thank you for the review. We are happy you are enjoying the platform. Please contact your Deluxe Customer Service representative if you need any additional training or have any questions or concerns. Have a great day! Deluxe Payroll & HR Support

Replied September 2021

Brenda

Deluxe satisfaction survey

The time management and stress of not having to do the reporting required myself!

Pros

It's user friendly (once you know it!) and very easy to find reports, etc when needed.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything at this time... I really love it - so much so that I also use it for another church I work for!

Reasons for choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

I have to give my representative, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], my highest praise! She's SO good that when I signed Jessup Baptist Church up with Deluxe, I asked for her to my representative for that church also. She is ALWAYS willing to help out - and, at times, it's been a struggle to get things working right...user error most of the time. But, being connected with two churches has caused some confusion sometimes with the program...nothing serious. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] deserves an outstanding employee award!!!

Pat

Deluxe Payroll Review

When I first compared Deluxe with other companies, the selling point was [SENSITIVE CONTENT] . She was very helpful in answering my questions and getting me the best price. She was available almost anytime I needed her. Once I was assigned my "contact" person, communication wasn't as available. I have had a couple situations but, again, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was able to get it resolved in a quick manner.

Pros

The basic software (adding new employees and biweekly payroll) appeared to be simple and easy to use.

Cons

The software is not user friendly if you need to get reports. The terminology used is difficult to find, especially if you don't use it everyday.

Reasons for choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

The main reason for choosing Deluxe Payroll was because of friend of mine presented it to me and the pricing was about the same or less than the other companies.

Reasons for switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

I switched because the cost of Paychex was to high for what we were getting.

Payroll Processing Made Easy for Small Businesses

My overall experience has been great! The customer service folks are very responsive. This software meets our needs and is very easy to use.

Pros

If you are a small business and are looking for a simple solution to your payroll processing, Deluxe Payroll and HR is your solution. This software is so easy to use and very inexpensive. There are only 10 employees at my company. I can process my semi-monthly payroll in 5-15 minutes each time. I have a template where I enter the current hours or simply pay the regular salary to salaried employees. Then you review and submit. It's so easy! As soon as you submit your payroll, your reports are available immediately. Deluxe files all the reports for us electronically.

Cons

This software may not be as robust as others when it comes to integration with other software programs. I have never really investigated to find out because my company is so small, and we don't really have the need for such integrations. I do have to upload my 401k transactions to another website manually, but that doesn't take long to do at all. The reports I need to do so are in Deluxe Payroll.

Not Applicable

Faye

Very Accommodating

I love [SENSITIVE CONTENT], my payroll rep. She is awesome. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is always ready and available to assist me with any questions, concerns that I may have.

Pros

User friendly, can be easily accessible from phone.

Cons

The cost to process payroll - direct deposit for one employee is almost $50.00.

Reasons for choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

The process was quick and easy.

Vicki

Deluxe Payroll Review

We only use Payroll, not HR & my experience has been great. If I have question, my CR is always quick to answer & give me guidance.

Pros

Ease of use is paramount. It's super user friendly. Training someone is easy.

Cons

I can't think of any cons, but we have a simple payroll.

Cost & ease of use.

Reasons for switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Paychex seemed to be a little less user friendly at the time & ADP was much more expensive.

Jeanna

Great Platform

I have not had any problems with Deluxe. All the staff are friendly and the platform is awesome.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. Everything about it is very smooth and understanding.

Cons

I have not found anything yet that I do not like about the software.

Deluxe Payroll and HR