What are Ease users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Ease software through verified user reviews

• icon"Simple and clean design user interface, with clear navigation and ability to pre-populate answers in selection dropdown."
  • icon"I like the customization features. Most of the time, your help desk is knowledgeable and responsive."
  • icon"It is easy to use to help clients with benefit enrollment."
  • icon"Rather annoying if you've typed a name, address, DOB, SS# and so forth and lose it."
  • icon"The lack of options in the H.S.A. contribution build and the cap on broker users."
  • icon"You have to back out then go back in. It has no way to clock out when your not going to lunch."

Browse all Ease Reviews

• Have you used Ease and would like to share your experience with others?

Willie

EaseCentral is an incredible service and a tremendous value for the yearly investment

My clients and I use it and we like it. Here's a recent quote..."2018 is going well... We have had a large amount of growth and employee turnover so it has been very busy. I am all caught up and have been on top of it all. EaseCentral has been what has allowed me to stay on top of it all. "

Pros

My clients and I love EaseCentral because it is easy to use. Here's a recent direct quote from a client: "So far this year is going welll. We have had a large amount of growth and employee turnover so it has been very busy as the Director of Operation and HR Manager. I am all caught up and have been on top of it all. EaseCentral has been what has allowed me to stay on top of it all. " EaseCentral has allowed me to win new business because they were so impressed with the new hire on-boarding capabilities and benefit enrollment & management functionality of the platform. Also, I like that I can teach my clients how to use it themselves and administer their own benefits in about 10-30 minutes of training. Bottom line is it's easy to learn and use.

Cons

About the only thing I don't like about EaseCentral is recently their Customer Success Support team must have just grown. When I called into EaseCentral in the past I would almost always get a person that I recognized and had worked with before. The last 2-3 times I've called in to ask a question of the support team, I feel that I got a new person and I honestly think I knew more about EaseCentral's features and capabilities than he/she did. That's about it...everything else is really 2 thumbs up. That's my feedback and the feedback from my clients have been very positive too. Thanks,

Harley

Top Choice

Ease has been a solution to the Covid 19 problem where enrollment can be done by the employees at their homes. It has also been wonderful for groups with employees in multiple states for them to enroll on-line. And there is no missing information as the program requires answers before you can go to the next section. Customer support is right there to help you, no long waits that stops your progress.

Pros

The Ease software is easy to use. Adding a new company is a snap because all the product data, forms and plan designs are in the Ease library. Plan Administrators love the fact that all of their employee's information is at their fingertips and chasing illegible enrollment forms is a thing of the past. And, 1095 ACA reporting is quick and easy. A Great feature is that you have a Success Manager assigned to you so you can get up and running quickly and someone to go to for assistance with any feature.

Cons

I am waiting for integration with some of the largest carriers to take place so enrollments and terminations would be automated. However, Ease has added multiple carriers to that list, just not the ones I sell.

Reasons for switching to Ease

Ease offered so much more and flowed properly. I did not find Employee Navigator user friendly or intuitive.

Maria

Industry: Environmental Services

May 2022

EASE made easy!

You basically set up all your plans and emails that you want to send to employees. Add all employees in with an excel sheet. Then you can start by sending an email that goes out to employees to select their benefits. You can even put a video like a tutorial on how to use.

Pros

I loved that this software is friendly user for both the administrator and for our staff. I never receive any complaints from our employees.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything negative to say about this software. It's so easy to maintain.

Reasons for choosing Ease

Loved the platform and the charge was perfect for our budget.

Reasons for switching to Ease

We wanted to make everything in HR electronic and this works so well for us.

Eric

Pleasant but can be frustrating

Pros

The ability to have applications generated extremely easily. Applications will typically have all of the necessary information. It is easy to use once you have learned it. It is constantly changing and they are constantly adding new information. Saves a ton of time when working properly.

Cons

There is a lot of room for error. The program does not save everything like it is supposed to at all points. Mapping errors have sometimes caused bigger issues with the company as a whole. Not constantly reliable as certain information does not get mapped despite the website being set up for it. Finding out why issues are happening can be extremely frustrating

marilyn

May 2022

Technology Mngr

have been using it for 6 years and enjoy the simplicity of the platform

Pros

Very user friendly, the dashboard is easy to maneuver through and great ACA and reporting tools

Cons

Their customer support needs help. They have a bot for support on the platform that offers a chat /call or email feature to reach support. This is a new feature they brought to their platform this year and is not very streamlined. Takes some time to get callbacks and email responses, the chat service is only available from 9-3pm

Cost factor

Matthew

Ease Greatest Tool for Brokers to have!!!

Fantastic! The first minute that I heard about ease, I was all over it and wanted to see the product immediately. From that day 4+ years ago I haven't stopped using ease whatsoever- the truth is that ease has been a power-play tool for me in my multiple implementations. If I ever hit a wall and there is an issue, I love how ease is always there to fix and assist with the problem. I can not recommend ease enough- this has changed my productivity and ability to engage my clients and their employees.

Pros

I love the User experience of the software compared to other competitors in the marketplace. The overall system is wonderful, works like a charm, super easy to administer benefits. The software is always driving forward and enhancing their capabilities, so for my sake I can't choose just 1 thing about ease because everything works perfectly.

Cons

I would like more flexibility with the document generator for custom documents. The employees need some expansion on types of income/compensation that the employer can have as options. It would be nice to have the ability for Per Diem compensation, hourly plus salary pay types...more options

Reasons for choosing Ease

Ease was designed in such a way that it was more appealing to the user at large but way easier for the brokers to use and administer to their clients.

Reasons for switching to Ease

Ease turned out to be the best option and the only option that i felt was going to rapidly develop to become a powerhouse technology platform. In the time i have been using ease, they have consistently updated/enhanced their platform for the better. The value was way better with Ease than Navigator.

Nadia

The name say's it all

When we selected EASE we were looking for a platform that would be simple to implement and would reduce administrative work time for our account management staff. We have found EASE can accomplish those tasks well. While we did need to designate time for implementation and training for our staff as well as our clients, we found that time spent on ongoing service work reduced.

Pros

The Ease of implementation and carrier connections.

Reasons for choosing Ease

The implementation and support were more in line with the needs of our organization.

Reasons for switching to Ease

While Bernie Portal solved our initial company goals to move clients off paper we ultimately needed a system where we could have more control over implementation and carrier integrations.

Intuitive, easy to use

Companies love Ease when I introduce it to them. It's simple, clean-looking, and cuts down on paperwork.

Pros

I like how intuitive the software is; everything is where I think it will be.

Cons

I don't like that I have to add certain history manually (for example, the previously-taken PTO in EaseHR).

Reasons for switching to Ease

Employee Navigator is the opposite of intuitive, very wordy, and not easy for the broker or the company admins to use.

Parrish

Satisfied broker and client

Ease has been a great provider for our Agency's clients. It's powerful, yet simple to deploy and get clients up to speed whether that be HR/admin or employee level.

Pros

Ease is a great system, learning and adapting with input from brokers and end users. It's got a great look and feel to it and the ever growing 3rd party connections and integrations are awesome.

Cons

I have to get nit picky to really get to a con but here you go, when you are typing in a pop up box and hi-lite something to change or delete it or whatever and you drag too far, the pop up box disappears and you have to start over. Rather annoying if you've typed a name, address, DOB, SS# and so forth and lose it.

Reasons for choosing Ease

Ease of use, good pricing, and connections were huge.

Byron

Easy to Use

Better record retention and reporting for all aspects of employee benefits.

Pros

Intuitive navigation Ease of set up of benefit plans, with their inherent granularity Very easy to create open enrollment menu for participants

Cons

1) Not enough payroll vendors have current APIs for connectivity with Ease. 2) Statutory market (<100) medical carriers not yet connected with APIs for eligibility; large group (>100) connected via aggregators.

Reasons for choosing Ease

With the absence of electronic connections to carriers (via APIs) the Ease.com solution was to produce carrier compliant PDF enrollment/change forms, which are easily transmitted to the carriers. At the time of adoption, no other software was doing this.

Steven

This has simplified my clients and their employees to enroll onto the Benefit Packages that I sell. It has made it easy for my staff to enroll and terminate employees as well.

Pros

It takes only an hour or so to set up a company onto Ease. We then review it with the client before we release it to the Employees.

Cons

Sometime the functionality of the product it specific to Large Group and has to be adjusted for Small Group

Melissa

March 2022

Ease

Pros

integration with insurance carriers and easy enrollment capabilities

Cons

integration fees with payroll companies are high

Bill

Bill Warren's Ease Review

Pros

The most value I find with the software is that information I need for my clients is readily available. Information on specific employees or the descriptions of a client's benefits are just a click away. Enrolling new groups and open enrollment are much easier since employees receive the enrollment material electronically which includes their benefits and payroll deductions so they can make informed decision. The employer and I can track progress and receive information on a more timely basis and the enrollment material we receive is legible. I can easily download employee enrollment information to the insurance company's enrollment format which save time and is completely accurate. Enrolling new employees during the plan year is much easier for the employer, employee and broker.

Cons

The main issue that I find with the software is that it does not connect with my insurance companies. Currently only 1 of my insurance companies is connected with Ease. Due to the non-connectivity, I have to manually input changes in enrollment. When my customers add to delete employees on their insurance plan, I have to manually make the change on the insurance company's web site. It really simplifies the process for the 1 insurance company that's connected to Ease.

Patti

Account Manager

Several years ago, we used Ease to manage the benefits of a large employer with multiple benefits and multiple eligibility rules. The group was managing their benefits manually and via spreadsheets. The group was able to implement everything in Ease. An Ease representative made himself available over a holiday to help us import data and implement this group.

Pros

Ease provides a great platform for onboarding and benefit enrollment. From the setup side, Ease is one place to store all benefit plan information, eligibility rates, employee demographics. I use Ease as my go-to place when I need to reference enrollment or benefit questions.

Cons

I do not have anything specific I can say I do not like about Ease. There are continual enhancements being made and sometimes I do not know about the functionality until I am processing a change or a renewal.

Reasons for choosing Ease

Our agency was approached by several insurance companies that had their own enrollment platform. Our agency is independent and we did not want to have our clients' electronic enrollment tied to one specific carrier.

Nolan

After trying many systems... Ease Central comes out on top

The main benefit our agency has received from this product is the ability to streamline the enrollment experience for our clients. On of our top goals, as it relates to interacting with our clients and prospects, is to teach. We want people to deepen their understanding of healthcare, and their benefits options. Ease Central has helped us further our mission.

Pros

Our agency has committed to using Ease Central as our default system. Though we use others from time to time, Ease Central continues to be the most user friendly choice we're aware of - For employees, company admin, and brokers like us. The reality is - Benefits administration can be complex... Having said that, Ease makes it as simple as our agency has seen.

Cons

There are a few small features that we've requested, and that the Ease Central team is working on. Our first BIG feature request has been implemented - COBRA automation through our preferred COBRA vendor... Outside of that, we'd love to see the system auto-generate term forms for employees who are no longer with the employer or eligible for benefits.

Melissa

Ease is the best online enrollment platform

Ease makes my job so much easier. I am a full service agent, so having a tool like Ease to manage enrollments, terminations, open enrollment, etc. is invaluable. I don't know what I'd do without it!

Pros

Ease is super easy to use and navigate. It is very intuitive, which makes it easy for me to "sell" it to my clients, even the ones who are not tech savvy. My clients and their employees love it, and it makes my job so much easier.

Cons

I've been using Ease for over 5 years and it just keeps getting better. However, I'm not a fan of the newest update to Manage Changes, but that's just me. Overall, I would say the main thing that would make Ease even better would be for all the major carriers to be connected to Ease so I could send automatic feeds instead of having to either email enrollments/terminations or process them on the individual carrier websites.

Reasons for choosing Ease

I don't know of any other products like Ease, at least not ones that have the capabilities that Ease has, or the amazing customer service!

Ian

Ben Admin system that's easy to setup, fast to deploy and most importantly - it works

simplification of benefits administration, which continues to consume more and more time from people in the insurance industry.

Pros

After trying a wide variety of ben admin systems, my favorite aspects of EaseCentral are that it's easy to setup, user friendly for group administrators and employees to use, and it creates a centralized database with a record of all benefits decisions that are available 24/7 from anywhere. Our team can setup a client in a matter of hours even after QA testing. Anyone who's been through long setups with other systems knows the importance of being able to launch quickly. The EaseCentral system was designed and continues to evolve in ways that make almost any benefits program and contribution strategy a possibility to deploy.

Cons

Product updates and new capabilities happen so quickly that if you miss a couple weeks of updates, you can be really behind.

Ease is simple, but doesn't have all the bells and whistles.

I use Ease as a broker partner and as an employee of a group - I have experienced the system for set up through enrollment on the admin side as well as on the employee side.

Pros

Simplicity of enrollment, for members (new hires and renewals). Document storage for past enrollment and changes. Quick set up, and easy to change rates and benefits if needed.

Cons

ACA reporting - this can be challenging and sometimes they are not able to fix mistakes that occur (such as newborn dependents don't show up until the month after their birth). EDI capabilities with Core medical carriers (they are adding new carriers everyday for what they call Ease Connections, but no medical carriers yet). Ability to class out products - you have to make a new plan for a different class, you can't use the same and just have class distinctions.

Andrea

Easy to use, responsive support team, excellent service & training options, very secure.

Pros

LOVE that EaseCentral provides brokers with a single source, easy-to-use system that integrates onboarding, employee benefits, payroll and many additional HR and compliance features to support and bring value to our small business clients. Complex (multiple eligibilities, classes, locations, ...) and customized benefit options are made simple for the employee - allowing them to compare benefit plans, enroll and access their benefit information 24/7. EaseCentral has been an invaluable tool and has allowed us to grow our business and better serve our clients.

Cons

Brokers and Admin are not copied on emails they send out from the EaseCentral site. Unable to search all Employer Groups by an employee's name.

Madison

Great product!

Overall, I really like Ease and feel comfortable with the platform. Despite limitations with connections to other softwares, I am able to get my work done through Ease quickly and efficiently.

Pros

Ease is extremely user friendly and easy to use. I personally have had very few, if any, issues with the platform. Additionally, my employees are able to use it without an issue when making their benefits enrollment selections. Additionally, the reports are extremely helpful for pulling censuses and deductions amounts.

Cons

One issue I experience with Ease currently is that my carriers do not have EDI connections to the platform, and it does not link to Paylocity, our HRIS. Therefore, most of the administration is done manually.

Aaron

Group benefits usage

Overall experience with ease has been good. The best features I personally like is the rate quoting tool, tracking of employees, and the enrollments.

Pros

I liked the ease of learning and using the system.

Cons

I feel sometimes support wasn't as helpful and getting our Agency subscription/billing fixed was a hassle.

Reasons for choosing Ease

Quoting was the big decision maker. We felt ease had a better platform for that.

Jillian

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Ease Central has been a tremendous resource, housing employee and benefit information.

I'm not sure the full scope of benefits purchased. We use it for employee data, employee benefits, elections, employer contributions, , paycheck deductions, hiring and terminations dates, wages, pay period, 5500 forms.

Pros

It is a one stop for activities with most of our employer groups. It is simple to use, easy to track tasks, and easy for employers and employees to use too. It is so nice to have eSignatures and to be able to download the apps with signatures when needed. It is a quick resource when info is needed on employees. I don't have to hunt through enrollment forms or wonder if it is accurate. It is accurate, current employee information for immediate needs. The employee cost is a great resource for employees and the website is an ongoing resource to come back to when needing documents, search tools, or when there is a qualifying event. It is awesome!

Cons

I don't have any cons about the software. Any unknown that I have come across has been quickly answered.

Rob

There are better options out there.

The experience was fine at first. Learning curve. Software limitations to work around. The termination experience was really shady. It should be illegal to put 90 day termination clauses in contracts where all of their expense is on the setup (which takes all of 15 minutes). There is virtually zero cost to them once the system is up and running. Especially if you have been a client for years. I would steer my friends elsewhere.

Pros

Ease helped us with multi state enrollment. It works well with tech savvy employer groups and simple one time enrollments.

Cons

It can be cumbersome to set the software up for year round use. It is fine to do an open enrollment, but getting the dates correct caused some frustration. It definitely has some limitations and their pricing model is a bit outdated. It does not count how many employees are currently in the system. It counts how many employees have ever been added to the system (even terminated employees). The real 'gotcha' is when you leave. They have a 90 day termination clause. So, when you find a superior alternative (and you will) they will charge you for an additional 3 months 'because it is in the contract'. There is zero cost to them since nobody will be using the system. Buyer beware. Read every line of the contract and see if you can negotiate your way out of the 90 day termination.

Reasons for choosing Ease

It integrated with our GA.

Stephanie

Efficient Enrollments

Enrollments are so much smoother, whether for a new hire, a renewing group or for a new group. It saves so much time not having to go over handwritten paper apps any more. More complete data is also available at my fingertips, easy to find and access. No more having to dig through the files to find a rate sheet, or manually calculate a family level premium.

Pros

I love how smooth the enrollment process is for the employee, the group admin, the brokerage, and the carrier. No more having to go back and forth with missing data, illegible handwriting, incorrect effective dates, etc. Plus, having the contributions, and benefit details right there for the employee, it makes their options and costs easy to see in order to make an informed decision.

Cons

The search function is a bit limited. When searching for an employee, it will only search within the selected status, ie "Active", so it can make searching a little more complex than it could be.

Dede

Broker with large and small clients on EaseCentral

Able to offer Ben administration at no charge to all our clients as perk of doing business with us. We charge set up fees for micrclients only.

Pros

Able to manage all Ben administration needs and keep close eye on employee experience and provide our tailored employee decision support, ability to fix employee errors/changes and override quickly and easily

Cons

All systems demand set up time- this is no different, took my staff time to get through learning curve mostly self taught- need staff who can do this efficiently

4.66/5 out of 104 reviews