What are Employee Navigator users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Employee Navigator software through verified user reviews

• icon"I am able to locate employee information quickly. I love the Voluntary Life toggles, those are fun to play with."
  • icon"P.S. They have the best support and management staff that I have ever encountered. Thanks to all for your hard work and dedication."
  • icon"How easy/user friendly the system is, the capabilities and potential for this software and the willingness Employee Navigator has to grow and learn."
  • icon"Was sold on EDI that after the fact we are told that the carriers are the ones refusing to let us use EDI. Frustrating, That feature alone would make it exponentially better."
  • icon"Too many features, which can get confusing. I always have a hard time setting up employer contribution."
  • icon"None!!! Have been using Employee Navigator for 4+ years and not found anything that I have had issues with or complaint."

Browse all Employee Navigator Reviews

• Have you used Employee Navigator and would like to share your experience with others?

December 2021

Easy to Use

Employee Naviator is hard to beat... but could be slightly better for brand new users

Employee Navigator is the Microsoft for employee benefit management. There isn't a setup or situation that this software can't handle. Being one of the largest software solutions of this space, its already connect to tons of insurance companies. It feeds data instantly and stays up to date as data changes. Portals include, other vendors, broker, employer and employees. This makes it easy to keep good communications.

Pros

I love how this software is built for any situation. Crossing state lines, different pay rates, different classes, different plans offerings and on and on....

Cons

As a brand new user, you will feel overwhelmed creating you new groups. The new user training/tutorials could be a little better. Make the training more predominant to new users. Also, offer 24 hour coaching for those learning the system for the first time.

Megan

Most user friendly system for a non-technical user

Our experience has been very positive for us and our clients. It's a huge value to be able to offer this to our employers to help manage their employees and benefits.

Pros

We've learned as we go with this system but once we got the hang of certain features or rules for plan setup it became much more smooth to set up new accounts. We have used/experienced other systems and this is the most user friendly. The support team is excellent and helpful whenever we have questions. The wall feature is critical in managing changes.

Cons

The reporting tool could use some work. It's not possible to pull only new hire elections for deductions. There also needs to be a way to include new employees in an open enrollment period without having them enroll twice (once for OE and once for new hire eligibility). They MUST get the PDF editor/fillable form situation figured out asap. Being able to map any fields to a PDF form needs to be figured out.

Reasons for choosing Employee Navigator

I used both and found the alternative to be less intuitive. It looks nice/flashy and has one feature of PDF mapping/forms that is nice. Otherwise, we have other clients who use it and it doesn't do agent assisted enrollments smoothly nor does it integrate well with some of the third party vendors.

Denise

Dashboard and reminders not so great

I wish it was more exception based action oriented vs you having to log in daily to see if you have to do something. The Wall notifications don't tell you if you have to act, but just that something happened. You don't know if it is a benign notification or actionable until you poke around in the software and figure out if something needs done, it doesn't tell you What needs done.

Pros

Overall layout is fresh looking and has functions that act as a wizard to walk you through adding a new employee or termination.

Cons

Notifications and when to take action. Awful experience. We didn't know to approve insurance for an employee after they made changes, nothing notified us clearly that we had to act so the employee ended up getting denied benefits being past the open enrollment period. EOIs pending is not helpful since we can't take action until there is approval or denial. This section should alert there is approval.or denial. It is completely docsonnected from the process, you have to wait for an email then just know to go in and change the setting. Otherwise, you constantly have this long list of EOIs pending that you can't act on but it constantly makes you think you have outstanding items.

jessica

Good Product for Employee and Benefit Management

Overall, It is a great system and easy to use. Most of the employees find it easy to get there information quickly and can be accessed from anywhere. It is also easy for New hires to log on and start their new hire forms

Pros

It is a great system to send the employees there benefits packages. They all fill out there yearly benefits and it comes automatically to HR. This eliminates stacks of papers. The employees can easily access there benefit guides throughout the year and check if there have been any changes. It has helped decrease the amount of HR emails and calls from employees with these questions. It is very easy to add or remove data on the employees end so they do not need to submit a ticket for a manager to do it.

Cons

No major cons. Again, I only use it for benefits and new hires. All payroll is used in a different system.

Jacqueline

If you care about tracking EOIs and compliance overrall... this one is for you

Pros

It has a great user interface and is easy for HR and employees to use. We received feedback from employees that the online enrollment flow is easy to use during our very first Open Enrollment on EN and that is saying something if the employees find it easy to use! Also the Evidence of Insurability tracking is easy and seamless. We and our client struggle and spend hours tracking and reviewing EOI from other systems while EN's is easy to build on the plan side and easy to understand from the employee and HR views. We also love the carrier integrations. We mostly have ancillary carrier integrations, no medical ones yet. I manage the 834 EDI feeds on the self-service system for our medical carriers and that is also easy to use. Finally we love the automatic reminders that can be scheduled for new hires and open enrollment and we love the ability to customize the notifications for different actions in the system both for broker and for client's HR team.

Cons

It is a rules-based system so if you have clients who like to make their own rules , well then this will frustrate them. You do have the ability to manually edit effective dates of enrollments and coverage amounts but otherwise the extra effort of tracking and processing special exceptions will exhaust you and the client and it will also make the option of carrier integrations an impossibility because you will have so many error discrepancy reports to fix. You also only have one person from your agency who can contact service on your behalf unless you pay extra for another premier user. Sometimes this can be frustrating to funnel every question and issue through one person.

Reasons for choosing Employee Navigator

EN's User interface was better and we liked that EN is not owned by an insurance company, it is independent like our agency.

Reasons for switching to Employee Navigator

HR Connection offered very limited plan build options and poor notification options for employees and for us as the broker. Tracking EOI on it was terrible. We needed the rules based system that EN offers because we care a lot about our clients' compliance adherence and EN helps us manage that.

Karen

Biggest Bang for Your Buck

Pros

What we and our clients love about Employee Navigator: it's very user-friendly, no need to print New Hire and Open Enrollment documents/handouts, abiltiy to add employee "tasks" and track those tasks, it's self-service, available 24-7, everything is on the portal. This saves them time and money.

Cons

Setting up the plans for Vol STD and Vol LTD can be a little tricky and you really need to pay attention to the plan "rounding rules". Failure to do so will result in inaccurate employee costs.

Reasons for switching to Employee Navigator

Eligibility rules for plans can be very complicated for some clients. We found Employee Navigator's plan buildout modules were more robust and allowed for creating dynamic classes and filters that could handle those complicated rules with ease. Employee-facing splash pages were "sexier" and, the overall platform was more user-friendly for administrators and employees.

Jake

EN Review

Overall it has been great learning and using EN. We often tell our clients it's the "Ferrari" of ben. admin systems and that's because we believe it is. We believe that they have put in the time and research to put out a quality product that, especially for the cost, is great for us and our clients to use. While the system can't do everything, it can do a lot of things and makes administering benefits easier.

Pros

I love the ease of use. As a non-IT professional, it was easy to learn and is easy to build our groups.

Cons

It is a "rules" based system, so there are some functions EN cannot do for what we need.

Reasons for switching to Employee Navigator

Us and our clients were unhappy with some of the functions it could or could not do. Also, we wanted a system that we controlled every aspect of it and could make changes/corrections/additions, etc. in real time and didn't have to go to a 3rd party.

Jeremy

Great Benefits Administration Solution for Clients

Pros

Employee Navigator is constantly updating with requests form the community to enhance their technology and meet the needs of all customers.

Cons

Some of the additional modules, such as onboarding and PTO, cannot compete with other premium solutions in the market.

Reasons for switching to Employee Navigator

HRconnection did not value community feedback.

Dorise

April 2022

Easy to Use; Cost Effective

Good.

Pros

Easily integrates our health insurance benefits with our payroll software.

Cons

Nothing. We like the software.

Cost.

Ciaira

May 2022

Benefits admin at your fingertips.

Pros

That it integrates with our payroll system easily and medical deductions transfer over to the system automatically.

Cons

It's a little to advance for my company and has too many features. Not necessarily a con for a lot of companies but for mine it gives too many options that aren't being utilized.

Leslie

I've loved Employee Navigator since 2014

I started using Employee Navigator back in 2014. I currently build and maintain three Employee Navigator portals for three Insurance brokers across the state of Florida. I love how I can customize Employee Navigator to accommodate the needs of several different business types. I have lawyers, executives, truck drivers, teachers and hair styles all logging into Employee Navigator and using it with ease. The only thing I love more than this software are the people at the help desk. If I run into any issues I can call. One day I was in tears and poor Max had to calm me down, then helped me fix my problem. If I have a difficult issue that can't be resolved on the phone, I get escalated to Tier Two. My turn around time with Tier Two is usually with in a day. The entire support team is friendly and dedicated to solving my issues so I can continue on with my day.

Pros

Employee Navigator is visually attractive. I am able to locate employee information quickly. I love the Voluntary Life toggles, those are fun to play with. One of my favorite features is when you change Coverage Level from Employee to Employee Spouse the per pay period deductions change instantly. Lastly I am loving the Third Party App, hooking up a partner is easy and reduces my clients work flow.

Cons

The I-9 feature in Tasks is useless. This feature gives the illusion that the employee and the client have completed the I-9, when all it has really done is make the employee enter the same information twice. Once in Employee Navigator then again when they go through the E verify process. I discourage everyone from using this feature.

Reasons for choosing Employee Navigator

Back in 2014 I actually signed the paperwork to move over to Zenafits. My insurance broker came to my office and had Employee Navigator do an online demo me. I decided to give my broker a chance with Employee Navigator. Boy am I glad I did! I used it in my company for On Boarding, Open Enrollment and PTO. It was easy for me to use.

Cassidy

#1 HRIS Platform

My experience with Employee Navigator has been stellar since day one. As the agency's first HRIS Administrator, I've witnessed the many ways EENAV shines; broker support and security are top-notch, I personally save 10-20 hours per workweek in account administration alone, and my clients' accounts have never been more accurate. Check out EENAV's first case study on WC Dillon Co. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

Employee Navigator is a game changer for our clients and gives us competitive edge over other insurance brokers. This central system provides solutions for companies of all sizes and industries, with streamlined open enrollment and new hire onboarding processes, ACA reporting and e-filing, simplified payroll and carrier integrations, PTO management and compliance. Employee Navigator is truly the BEST HRIS PLATFORM on the market today!

Cons

Nothing. I honestly cannot think of one con!

Reasons for choosing Employee Navigator

Price, quality and level of support.

Austin

Employee Navigator Rocks!

I use this software every single day. It is integral to our business, and to my process as an outside sales representative. We would not be nearly as successful without it. I cannot recommend it enough to anyone who is looking for a new benefits administration software.

Pros

Employee Navigator has given us the ability to stay on the razors edge when it comes to benefits administration. It is hard to calculate the amount of time we save when providing services to our clients. It allows me, an outside sales rep, to confidently say that we have the best benefits administration technology on the market, a true differentiator when it comes to closing deals. We always say that employee navigator provides a robust benefit for both our agency, and the client!

Cons

The one caveat to using the software is that you MUST have at least 2 master users in the agency. We spend 2 weeks during onboarding training on this software, time that allows us to get a grasp of the capabilities but not nearly enough time to be proficient in the program. The only downside is that due to the complexity of the software, projects often get funneled through 1 person in the organization. This might sound like a silver-lining downside, but during the busy 4th quarter months, it does become a bit more apparent.

Lots of training, lots of fields

So far during the free trial it has been a lot of training and waiting and training and waiting - I wish it was more doing. I feel stuck and in a holding pattern right now, maybe that will change when I am able to begin working in it full time.

Pros

There is a lot of customization that can be done, and a lot of reports that you can pull. It also seems to integrate with a lot of carrier enrollment systems - that is a huge plus.

Cons

The training is a very long process - broken out by certain aspects of the system that you learn by watching then learn by doing in front of a trainer. This process of learning is just really long - I want to be able to get to work on day one, not have to wait weeks to be able to be in the system. One other thing, not having carrier applications in the system is hard - it is definitely a con over other systems as members want and carriers want the actual application filled out. And last it is strange to have one system administrator - or what they call prime user for an agency. My co-workers can't call with questions, they have to direct them to one user who has access to the customer service with Navigator. It causes a lot of work for our prime user.

Reasons for switching to Employee Navigator

Cost - this change was 100% due to cost.

Kim

The best partnership ever!

One of the best choices we ever made in regards to a vendor. We interviewed and actually spent many months working with other major vendors before making a total change to go with Employee Navigator. Never once have we regretted that change. Overall an exceptional experience for us and for our clients.

Pros

This is a very easy to understand platform with many options allowing it to work for a multitude of clients needs. Changes in the industry occur frequently and Employee Navigator (EN) is on top of those changes and the platform is updated almost immediately. EN does not wait to release new versions. Improvements occur continuously. It is evident that EN employs top notch programmers and advisement teams.

Cons

Sometimes this product doesn't meet 100% of our clients needs. When I start to think that maybe it should, I remember how cumbersome a product is to meet every single plan exception. It reminds me that ease of use is so much more important to us and our clients.

Reasons for choosing Employee Navigator

We chose Employee Navigator because from the beginning the founders and employees never hesitated to call us back and give us honest answers and expectations in regards to their product.

Michelle

HR and Benefits Technology Solutions

Employee Navigator has become a significant resource for our clients and gives us a competitive advantage over other brokers. This software provides solutions for companies of all sizes and industries, it offers efficient and effective open enrollment and new hire onboarding, ACA reporting, e-filing, simplified payroll and insurance carrier integrations, PTO management and compliance.

Pros

Cons

Would like to see editable and sign-able documents for On-boarding, the module is awesome however requiring employee's to print out, fill out, sign, upload etc......takes away from the paperless feature of why we are using this system!!!!! I would also like to see the PTO module become more robust, I understand EN partners with payroll vendors who offer PTO tracking however it is costly to our clients.

Denise

Industry: Information Services

Help your clients; Help your Staff

Overall, we are in a much better place than 4 years ago before we started using Employee Navigator. We are able to offer our clients a greater opportunity to see and advance their business with the analytics and reporting that EN provides for all of us.

Pros

This software has made our work with our clients more productive. We spend more time concentrating on the important things to benefit current and new clients. We spend less time worrying about the process, and just put our information into the program and let the software and the integrated carriers do the rest. Doing reports is a breeze and helps us as a company and therefore, we can support our clients more fully. Storing and finding documents is a pleasure now. P.S. They have the best support and management staff that I have ever encountered. Thanks to all for your hard work and dedication.

Cons

They have so many great features that it is hard to keep up sometimes. I wish their support articles were listed so that we could see the dates updated when we doing an article search.

Reasons for switching to Employee Navigator

Ease of use and recommendation from a co-company.

Shane

Simple system with a lot of Zip!

I think this system is the best out there and is always evolving into a better benefit admin system. There are constant improvements being made. Their support staff is great and very responsive.

Pros

The ease and simplicity of the system. Nor only do I find the system very easy to use and navigate but our client and their employees find it just as easy. Training clients how to use the site is a breeze and with all of the features I can customize each client's site to their own specifications. No matter how complex or how simple the client is there is always a way to implement a client just right.

Cons

There is no editable/signable online documents. Some of the default functions and settings could be setup better. Little things that could be tweeked but nothing major that can't be worked around. Could provide more training on functionality and provide manuals.

Reasons for choosing Employee Navigator

They were much more cost effective and from their demo their system looked to be the simplest to use for both our office, our clients and their employees. They had everything we were looking to offer.

Trina

Employee Navigator is an excellent software program!

Our company has been using Employee Navigator for about 6 years now and we couldn't be more pleased with the product! It is a true time saver and the carrier integrations are a HUGE part of that. I would highly recommend this product if you're looking for a great Ben Admin software!

Pros

One of the things I like about Employee Navigator is it's ease of use (very user friendly). Most importantly though is the fact that the staff at Employee Navigator is second to none in customer service! They have very experienced, knowledgeable staff that is always eager to help and walk you through any questions you might have. You actually get to talk to a REAL, LIVE person! You don't get sent to a voice mail or have to talk to a robot that makes you punch in a bunch of numbers before you get to talk to a real person!

Cons

The only thing Employee Navigator might improve on is some of their onboarding processes. However, I must say that they are ALWAYS willing to listen to their brokers and take their suggestions and are constantly improving that side of the product.

Heather

Flexible System

Employee Navigator has given our smaller clients a way to jump into the 21st century with their BenAdmin system where other software systems would not. In a lot of ways Employee Navigator offers more than what some of the more expensive software systems do. It is easy to use and quick to learn. We have been very happy with it.

Pros

We have really been impressed with the flexibility of the system. It can handle most any type of benefit situation that we have going on. It is also great that when we note something that could be improved the development team takes it seriously. We have been on the system for about 4 years and it continues to improve monthly!

Cons

I'm not a fan of the PTO system. We recommend our clients use whatever system they currently have in place.

Reasons for choosing Employee Navigator

We had a spreadsheet of important features and Employee Navigator was one of two or three, at the time, that met those needs. Next, we went through and tried them out and Employee Navigator was the most user-friendly and was by far the most flexibly.

Lisha

Great system for managing benefits online and user friendly for HR Staff

I have worked with Employee Navigator since 2017 as a Benefits Analyst setting up the software for enrollments and benefits management. This is a great system for administering benefits, setting up electronic data interface (EDI) with carriers (including 834 reports built by the user), managing ACA, PTO, and OnBoarding. Clients can also integrate their payroll vendors, Cobra and FSA Administrators with Navigator. Their help desk system is run very well and you typically have an answer back within 24 hours, or at least a follow-up if the issues is still being researched. It was an easy system for me to learn as well, but I did have experience with similar products prior to using this software.

Pros

Ease of use. Solutions for many types of insurance products. Knowledgeable staff. Help Center "Community" of users is a great resource for workarounds and other information.

Cons

There are some limitations with particular plan features (like any software). Some aspects of the reporting system are limiting as well. They do have suggestion section in their help center for software updates you wish to see.

Laurie

Great Benefit Admin System that is Easy to Use & Affordable

Great experience. The folks there are very responsive and understand our business and what needs to happen with any updates.

Pros

affordable, great support, ease of use/functionality, easy for employees to understand. It also offers more than just a benefit admin system, but also other HR functions such as PTO and HRIS.

Cons

Some issues with current functionality that could be better or updated faster.

PlanSource

Ease of use, cost

Bill

Employee Navigator Benefit Administration

Enrollment Issues. The need to self enroll. It is easy system for brokers and plan administrators to understand.

Pros

I like the simplicity of use. The knowledge base is outstanding. The service and support teams are excellent as well. It is nice to have people in this field that understand what we encounter daily.

Cons

I like to see more groups in the Data Exchange XML.

Service and Simplicity of use

Deborah

Best of Breed Benefits Solution

Employee Navigator has allowed our agency to build and deliver an easy to use benefit management system with HRIS capabilities for our clients timely and efficiently. The customizable site allows us to build a system that is client specific to their needs and process. We are able to scale the technology to the small and middle markets which allows them the ability to improve the user experience and overall efficiencies for HR.

Pros

Ease of use and user friendly New hires enrolled easily Ability to compare plans, benefits and costs/contributions Monitor deadlines,OE and enrollment status Payroll integration Carrier data connections Reporting capabilities and the ad hoc reporting functionality HRIS capabilities, onboarding, documents storage and management Customizable rule based system Support provided by Employee Navigator

Cons

Limited PTO functionality Voluntary benefits can be troublesome to manage around EOI Defined contributions limited functionality

Employee Navigator