• Pros

• "I love the ease of use. As a non-IT professional, it was easy to learn and is easy to build our groups."

• "I like its ease of use and the breadth of its functions. I also like how it can accommodate the needs of our various clients."

• "Easy of use, intuitive, simple and elegant design"

• Cons

• "It does have some limitations but not too many, just wish it was more customizable or i knew more about Bootstrap to update the color scheme, as sometimes it is hard to see on out screens."

• "There are still some processes that need improved upon, better documentation, etc. "

• "some of the reporting is not up to par. Not sure what else is needed here."

Browse Employee Navigator Reviews

Mark from Collateral

Employee Naviator is hard to beat... but could be slightly better for brand new users

Employee Navigator is the Microsoft for employee benefit management. There isn't a setup or situation that this software can't handle. Being one of the largest software solutions of this space, its already connect to tons of insurance companies. It feeds data instantly and stays up to date as data changes. Portals include, other vendors, broker, employer and employees. This makes it easy to keep good communications.

Pros

I love how this software is built for any situation. Crossing state lines, different pay rates, different classes, different plans offerings and on and on....

Cons

As a brand new user, you will feel overwhelmed creating you new groups. The new user training/tutorials could be a little better. Make the training more predominant to new users. Also, offer 24 hour coaching for those learning the system for the first time.

Jacqueline from CIA Insurance & Risk Management

If you care about tracking EOIs and compliance overrall... this one is for you

Pros

It has a great user interface and is easy for HR and employees to use. We received feedback from employees that the online enrollment flow is easy to use during our very first Open Enrollment on EN and that is saying something if the employees find it easy to use! Also the Evidence of Insurability tracking is easy and seamless. We and our client struggle and spend hours tracking and reviewing EOI from other systems while EN's is easy to build on the plan side and easy to understand from the employee and HR views. We also love the carrier integrations. We mostly have ancillary carrier integrations, no medical ones yet. I manage the 834 EDI feeds on the self-service system for our medical carriers and that is also easy to use. Finally we love the automatic reminders that can be scheduled for new hires and open enrollment and we love the ability to customize the notifications for different actions in the system both for broker and for client's HR team.

Cons

It is a rules-based system so if you have clients who like to make their own rules , well then this will frustrate them. You do have the ability to manually edit effective dates of enrollments and coverage amounts but otherwise the extra effort of tracking and processing special exceptions will exhaust you and the client and it will also make the option of carrier integrations an impossibility because you will have so many error discrepancy reports to fix. You also only have one person from your agency who can contact service on your behalf unless you pay extra for another premier user. Sometimes this can be frustrating to funnel every question and issue through one person.

Reasons for Choosing Employee Navigator

EN's User interface was better and we liked that EN is not owned by an insurance company, it is independent like our agency.

Reasons for Switching to Employee Navigator

HR Connection offered very limited plan build options and poor notification options for employees and for us as the broker. Tracking EOI on it was terrible. We needed the rules based system that EN offers because we care a lot about our clients' compliance adherence and EN helps us manage that.

The front end needs work with regard to navigation but the back end is where the real trouble lies.

An automated healthcare enrollment portal for our contract employees.

Pros

This software has helped us launch and maintain our employee healthcare benefits platform. I like the ability of the software to engage our employees and allow them to manage the process of enrollment firsthand.

Cons

Accuracy of data management has been a real issue with this software. Information entered into Navigator at times has not translated into the actions intended. As a result, we've had to deal with rate issues, healthcare enrollments and cancellations being missed, and a host of reporting issues.

Lots of training, lots of fields

So far during the free trial it has been a lot of training and waiting and training and waiting - I wish it was more doing. I feel stuck and in a holding pattern right now, maybe that will change when I am able to begin working in it full time.

Pros

There is a lot of customization that can be done, and a lot of reports that you can pull. It also seems to integrate with a lot of carrier enrollment systems - that is a huge plus.

Cons

The training is a very long process - broken out by certain aspects of the system that you learn by watching then learn by doing in front of a trainer. This process of learning is just really long - I want to be able to get to work on day one, not have to wait weeks to be able to be in the system. One other thing, not having carrier applications in the system is hard - it is definitely a con over other systems as members want and carriers want the actual application filled out. And last it is strange to have one system administrator - or what they call prime user for an agency. My co-workers can't call with questions, they have to direct them to one user who has access to the customer service with Navigator. It causes a lot of work for our prime user.

Reasons for Switching to Employee Navigator

Cost - this change was 100% due to cost.

Karen from Esser Hayes / Assured Partners

Biggest Bang for Your Buck

Pros

What we and our clients love about Employee Navigator: it's very user-friendly, no need to print New Hire and Open Enrollment documents/handouts, abiltiy to add employee "tasks" and track those tasks, it's self-service, available 24-7, everything is on the portal. This saves them time and money.

Cons

Setting up the plans for Vol STD and Vol LTD can be a little tricky and you really need to pay attention to the plan "rounding rules". Failure to do so will result in inaccurate employee costs.

Reasons for Switching to Employee Navigator

Eligibility rules for plans can be very complicated for some clients. We found Employee Navigator's plan buildout modules were more robust and allowed for creating dynamic classes and filters that could handle those complicated rules with ease. Employee-facing splash pages were "sexier" and, the overall platform was more user-friendly for administrators and employees.

Jake from Conner Insurance

EN Review

Overall it has been great learning and using EN. We often tell our clients it's the "Ferrari" of ben. admin systems and that's because we believe it is. We believe that they have put in the time and research to put out a quality product that, especially for the cost, is great for us and our clients to use. While the system can't do everything, it can do a lot of things and makes administering benefits easier.

Pros

Cons

It is a "rules" based system, so there are some functions EN cannot do for what we need.

Reasons for Switching to Employee Navigator

Us and our clients were unhappy with some of the functions it could or could not do. Also, we wanted a system that we controlled every aspect of it and could make changes/corrections/additions, etc. in real time and didn't have to go to a 3rd party.

Jeremy from CBIZ

Great Benefits Administration Solution for Clients

Pros

Employee Navigator is constantly updating with requests form the community to enhance their technology and meet the needs of all customers.

Cons

Some of the additional modules, such as onboarding and PTO, cannot compete with other premium solutions in the market.

Reasons for Switching to Employee Navigator

HRconnection did not value community feedback.

Nancy from Olympic Crest Insurance, Inc.

Employee Navigator is an affordable, robust benefits administration system!

We have become much more efficient as an agency and the dreaded fourth quarter is more manageable. Most of our clients now handle open enrollment through Employee Navigator which has improved accuracy and reduced our processing time. Many of our clients have now integrated payroll and vendor feeds.

Pros

I was an early adopter of Employee Navigator, having used it for nearly 5 years now. I have never regretted the decision as it continues to evolve to meet the ever-changing demands of the industry, brokers & clients. This software is an integral component of our success in both managing clients and attracting them.

Cons

I wish it had an Agency Management System component and commission tracking.

Bob from DCW Group

We've moved all of our clients online and will never go back!

Pros

We expected to gain client facing efficiencies but have been thrilled with the internal benefits it's had at our agency. We can scale so much more effectively now that we have standardized much of our processes through Employee Navigator. The software allows you to scale the technology used by larger employers into the small/middle market where it is most needed.

Cons

The software is constantly improving but that also comes means it's changing. Staying on top of all the new enhancements and features definitely requires an internal resource dedicated to the task but is worth it in the end.

R. Brent from Spectra Benefits

Great User Experience and consistently progressing.

Affordable option that scales our systems and make it convenient for our clients.

Pros

Ease of use, constantly upgrading and user friendly. Ability to run multiple reports are amazing at the employer level. The Wall feature allows us to monitor daily activity from a single screen so ability to manage multiple clients is built in.

Cons

The cost increases substantially each year although still a great value. No integration with 401(k) benefits.

Leslie from Earl Bacon Agency

I've loved Employee Navigator since 2014

I started using Employee Navigator back in 2014. I currently build and maintain three Employee Navigator portals for three Insurance brokers across the state of Florida. I love how I can customize Employee Navigator to accommodate the needs of several different business types. I have lawyers, executives, truck drivers, teachers and hair styles all logging into Employee Navigator and using it with ease. The only thing I love more than this software are the people at the help desk. If I run into any issues I can call. One day I was in tears and poor Max had to calm me down, then helped me fix my problem. If I have a difficult issue that can't be resolved on the phone, I get escalated to Tier Two. My turn around time with Tier Two is usually with in a day. The entire support team is friendly and dedicated to solving my issues so I can continue on with my day.

Pros

Employee Navigator is visually attractive. I am able to locate employee information quickly. I love the Voluntary Life toggles, those are fun to play with. One of my favorite features is when you change Coverage Level from Employee to Employee Spouse the per pay period deductions change instantly. Lastly I am loving the Third Party App, hooking up a partner is easy and reduces my clients work flow.

Cons

The I-9 feature in Tasks is useless. This feature gives the illusion that the employee and the client have completed the I-9, when all it has really done is make the employee enter the same information twice. Once in Employee Navigator then again when they go through the E verify process. I discourage everyone from using this feature.

Reasons for Choosing Employee Navigator

Back in 2014 I actually signed the paperwork to move over to Zenafits. My insurance broker came to my office and had Employee Navigator do an online demo me. I decided to give my broker a chance with Employee Navigator. Boy am I glad I did! I used it in my company for On Boarding, Open Enrollment and PTO. It was easy for me to use.

Cassidy from WC Dillon Company

#1 HRIS Platform

My experience with Employee Navigator has been stellar since day one. As the agency's first HRIS Administrator, I've witnessed the many ways EENAV shines; broker support and security are top-notch, I personally save 10-20 hours per workweek in account administration alone, and my clients' accounts have never been more accurate. Check out EENAV's first case study on WC Dillon Co. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

Employee Navigator is a game changer for our clients and gives us competitive edge over other insurance brokers. This central system provides solutions for companies of all sizes and industries, with streamlined open enrollment and new hire onboarding processes, ACA reporting and e-filing, simplified payroll and carrier integrations, PTO management and compliance. Employee Navigator is truly the BEST HRIS PLATFORM on the market today!

Cons

Nothing. I honestly cannot think of one con!

Reasons for Choosing Employee Navigator

Price, quality and level of support.

Kim from NEEBCo

The best partnership ever!

One of the best choices we ever made in regards to a vendor. We interviewed and actually spent many months working with other major vendors before making a total change to go with Employee Navigator. Never once have we regretted that change. Overall an exceptional experience for us and for our clients.

Pros

This is a very easy to understand platform with many options allowing it to work for a multitude of clients needs. Changes in the industry occur frequently and Employee Navigator (EN) is on top of those changes and the platform is updated almost immediately. EN does not wait to release new versions. Improvements occur continuously. It is evident that EN employs top notch programmers and advisement teams.

Cons

Sometimes this product doesn't meet 100% of our clients needs. When I start to think that maybe it should, I remember how cumbersome a product is to meet every single plan exception. It reminds me that ease of use is so much more important to us and our clients.

Reasons for Choosing Employee Navigator

We chose Employee Navigator because from the beginning the founders and employees never hesitated to call us back and give us honest answers and expectations in regards to their product.

Michelle from New England Employee Benefits Company, Inc.

HR and Benefits Technology Solutions

Employee Navigator has become a significant resource for our clients and gives us a competitive advantage over other brokers. This software provides solutions for companies of all sizes and industries, it offers efficient and effective open enrollment and new hire onboarding, ACA reporting, e-filing, simplified payroll and insurance carrier integrations, PTO management and compliance.

Pros

Cons

Would like to see editable and sign-able documents for On-boarding, the module is awesome however requiring employee's to print out, fill out, sign, upload etc......takes away from the paperless feature of why we are using this system!!!!! I would also like to see the PTO module become more robust, I understand EN partners with payroll vendors who offer PTO tracking however it is costly to our clients.

Denise from The Mid-State Group

Industry: Information Services

Help your clients; Help your Staff

Overall, we are in a much better place than 4 years ago before we started using Employee Navigator. We are able to offer our clients a greater opportunity to see and advance their business with the analytics and reporting that EN provides for all of us.

Pros

This software has made our work with our clients more productive. We spend more time concentrating on the important things to benefit current and new clients. We spend less time worrying about the process, and just put our information into the program and let the software and the integrated carriers do the rest. Doing reports is a breeze and helps us as a company and therefore, we can support our clients more fully. Storing and finding documents is a pleasure now. P.S. They have the best support and management staff that I have ever encountered. Thanks to all for your hard work and dedication.

Cons

They have so many great features that it is hard to keep up sometimes. I wish their support articles were listed so that we could see the dates updated when we doing an article search.

Reasons for Switching to Employee Navigator

Ease of use and recommendation from a co-company.

Shane from OneDigital Health and Benefits

Simple system with a lot of Zip!

I think this system is the best out there and is always evolving into a better benefit admin system. There are constant improvements being made. Their support staff is great and very responsive.

Pros

The ease and simplicity of the system. Nor only do I find the system very easy to use and navigate but our client and their employees find it just as easy. Training clients how to use the site is a breeze and with all of the features I can customize each client's site to their own specifications. No matter how complex or how simple the client is there is always a way to implement a client just right.

Cons

There is no editable/signable online documents. Some of the default functions and settings could be setup better. Little things that could be tweeked but nothing major that can't be worked around. Could provide more training on functionality and provide manuals.

Reasons for Choosing Employee Navigator

They were much more cost effective and from their demo their system looked to be the simplest to use for both our office, our clients and their employees. They had everything we were looking to offer.

Heather from Brown & Brown of WA dba Edgren Hecker & Lemmon Insurance

Flexible System

Employee Navigator has given our smaller clients a way to jump into the 21st century with their BenAdmin system where other software systems would not. In a lot of ways Employee Navigator offers more than what some of the more expensive software systems do. It is easy to use and quick to learn. We have been very happy with it.

Pros

We have really been impressed with the flexibility of the system. It can handle most any type of benefit situation that we have going on. It is also great that when we note something that could be improved the development team takes it seriously. We have been on the system for about 4 years and it continues to improve monthly!

Cons

I'm not a fan of the PTO system. We recommend our clients use whatever system they currently have in place.

Reasons for Choosing Employee Navigator

We had a spreadsheet of important features and Employee Navigator was one of two or three, at the time, that met those needs. Next, we went through and tried them out and Employee Navigator was the most user-friendly and was by far the most flexibly.

Ronnie from Brokerage

Employee Navigator is Simple

We've been working with Navigator for 5+ years and they are always trying to improve!

Pros

The nice thing about this software is that as the brokerage, we have 100% control over the data that is input into the system. It makes it really easy to implement a new client and is a nice value add for our client. The price is a little steep for a small brokerage, but ultimately, I think it is worth it.

Cons

I do not like that the integrations with carriers are not yet fully functional.

Reasons for Choosing Employee Navigator

It has a better user interface!

Deborah from HUB International

Best of Breed Benefits Solution

Employee Navigator has allowed our agency to build and deliver an easy to use benefit management system with HRIS capabilities for our clients timely and efficiently. The customizable site allows us to build a system that is client specific to their needs and process. We are able to scale the technology to the small and middle markets which allows them the ability to improve the user experience and overall efficiencies for HR.

Pros

Ease of use and user friendly New hires enrolled easily Ability to compare plans, benefits and costs/contributions Monitor deadlines,OE and enrollment status Payroll integration Carrier data connections Reporting capabilities and the ad hoc reporting functionality HRIS capabilities, onboarding, documents storage and management Customizable rule based system Support provided by Employee Navigator

Cons

Limited PTO functionality Voluntary benefits can be troublesome to manage around EOI Defined contributions limited functionality

Laurie from Forum

Great Benefit Admin System that is Easy to Use & Affordable

Great experience. The folks there are very responsive and understand our business and what needs to happen with any updates.

Pros

affordable, great support, ease of use/functionality, easy for employees to understand. It also offers more than just a benefit admin system, but also other HR functions such as PTO and HRIS.

Cons

Some issues with current functionality that could be better or updated faster.

Ease of use, cost

Michelle from American Central Insurance

Great System!

Very positive experience. Clients love the system as well.

Pros

System is very user friendly. When help is needed, the support staff is very responsive and helpful. It is a powerful benefit administration system for an affordable price. They listen to user feedback and they are always updating and improving the system based on feedback and client needs.

Cons

Since it is priced and designed to be a self service tool, it does require some commitment for the agency premier user to learn the system and create best practises for clients. However, if help is needed EE Nav support is there to assist.

Reasons for Choosing Employee Navigator

We looked at several products in 2014 to assist with ACA reporting for our clients. We found EE Nav and loved that it could handle ACA as well as online enrollment. And the price was more than competitive.

Adam from Simpara

The most flexible and scalable HRIS platform on the market.

Pros

Employee Navigator has allowed me to build and scale a benefits consulting agency from the ground-up with incredible ease. This is highly flexible software that allows my team to deploy and customize employer HRIS portals in less than a day's time. You'd be hard-pressed to find a software company that is as dedicated to user feedback as Employee Navigator. The team is continually reinvesting in developing and rolling out new features and updates multiple times per year. I research multiple platforms each year and have yet to find a platform that can perform as well as Employee Navigator

Cons

There are some limitations to the HR features such as the inability to perform weekend PTO tracking and provide offer letter notices, however, the leadership team at Employee Navigator is growing their development team to tackle these enhancements.

Alexa from Distinctive Insurance

Still Room for Growth and Improvement

Overall I've really enjoyed Employee Navigator. I see the potential and am excited to see the new product releases every year. It's not a perfect system, but it has saved our agency a lot of time and stress.

Pros

How easy/user friendly the system is, the capabilities and potential for this software and the willingness Employee Navigator has to grow and learn.

Cons

The reporting function could be better. There are a few issues with the flexibility of the system, or customization (which I know takes time and resources). For example being able to require EOI for disability, or rates based off gender. I would like to see additional training that goes a little more in depth. For example with eligibility I don't believe it mentions the 'Set New Hire Complete' in eligibility, yet I had an issue with reporting because of that function.

Sarah from FirstPerson

Great Product!

For many of our small clients, they needed a reasonable and easy to use ben admin system. Paper processing was no longer a feasible option and EE Nav fulfills that need.

Pros

EE Nav is easy to use and implement. THey think of the nuances.

Pricing

Stacia from Upshaw Insurance Agency

ENAV Review from Texas

Love this system and have recommended it to several in our area and was able to help train the "competition" on it as well. :)

Pros

This software has always been easy to use for us as brokers as well as out HR Users. The one thing that I have recommended to everyone was just testing to see how easy it is, and that will sell itself. Cost is another thing that helps us be able to offer to our groups for a solution to them at no cost.

Ease Cost Control Customer Use

Reasons for Switching to Employee Navigator

Able to offer it to more of our clients and had control over the software.

Jackie from OneGroup

Employee Navigator Review

EN has allowed us to improve the benefits enrollment process for many of our clients and reduce they time they spend processing enrollments. The carrier integrations and EDI feeds have reduced errors and streamlined our process.

Pros

Employee Navigator is very easy to use and very customizable. The support team is knowledgeable and provides a quick response with issues and problems. The support site is also updated constantly and provides a lot of information.

Cons

I feel that the onboarding functionality lags behind the market at the present time. Many platforms are able to use fillable forms and store them within the tool. Unfortunately, EN has not reached the point of being able to do this with all forms, and at present is only able to fill and store the W-4.

Angela from Benefit Pro Insurance

Game Changer

This software gives you the ability to assist your clients with online enrollments, onboarding tasks, reports, payroll integrations, COBRA, EDI/API feeds, and the list goes on and on. Clients save time and money because Employee Navigator makes their job easier and more efficient. The beauty of the integrations, whether it is with payroll or the carriers keeps brokers lives simple as well. It's intuitive and aesthetically pleasing.

Pros

The carrier and payroll integrations are a key component when it comes to processing your clients enrollments in a seamless and cost effective manner.

Cons

You need to build the plans and rates manually. You do have the capability of copying existing plans, but you can't pull plans and rates from their database. They are working on a solution though.

Gerry from Florida Insurance Brokers

Employee Navigator for employee benefit admin.

EN has been a great addition for our office. Online enrollment capability has allowed us to expand our service area, and given our clients many tools that we couldn't offer before.

Pros

Once you become familiar with where things are, the program is very user friendly. Our clients who take the time to get acquainted with it love it's many HR/HRIS features. The reports features make it easy to keep up with our clients personnel changes. Because it is so easy to use, enrollments are quick and accurate.

Cons

Because there is so much to it, it does take regular use to become efficient in enrollment setup.

Reasons for Choosing Employee Navigator

The wide array of tools and reports we can offer our clients, and the user friendly format.

Jason from R.L. Evans Company, Inc.

Hands down the only way to go is Employee Navigator!

Best purchase made for added value service for our clients

Pros

Employee Navigator is not only a feature packed power house when it comes to delivering an adaptable, easy to use and constantly improving platform, but is equally matched by its level of customer support professionals and staff with a level of service that has almost disappeared. Employee Navigator strives to stay on trend with updates and system enhancements that customers and users ask for while at the same time making these updates seamless during integration.

Cons

None!!! Have been using Employee Navigator for 4+ years and not found anything that I have had issues with or complaint.

Jeff from Jenpale LLC

Decent system, but could use more integration functionality

Been ok. Hasn't made or broken us in any accounts as of yet

Pros

Plug ins are good, several VB carriers (Colonial Life, Guardian, etc)

Cons

Was sold on EDI that after the fact we are told that the carriers are the ones refusing to let us use EDI. Frustrating, That feature alone would make it exponentially better.

Reasons for Choosing Employee Navigator

Partnership with plug in vendor.

Greg from ENV Insurance Agency

Employee Navigator Review

Overall, Employee Navigator is a great tool and extremely beneficial to our clients. It allows our clients to have easier enrollments for new hires and open enrollment. The reporting features are very helpful and can even be customized.

Pros

Very easy to navigate and user friendly. Can handle just about every plan setup and design. Their customer support team is amazing and very easy to work with. If they can't answer your question right away, they will escalate it and will always get back to you in a timely fashion.

Cons

Sometimes I wish there was a little more customization freedom on plan setup. Every now and then I run into a plan design that has some uniqueness to it and isn't always supported by Employee Navigator.

Reasons for Switching to Employee Navigator

Old system was too difficult for our clients navigate and generating reports was always a hassle.

Jason from SMG Insurance

Small Business Solution for a Complex Benefits World

Gives our groups back time in their day and less back and forth to ramp up on open enrollments. With a small 90 day window to quote, present, implement and enroll a group this helps us to streamline the process and get our groups installed in less time that paper enrollments.

Pros

Integrations and customization. Report is easy and can dump information quickly into spreadsheets. Always inovating

Cons

There are some limitations. Need to integrate with quoting software. Needs to be able to integrate with medical carriers for api feeds

Reasons for Choosing Employee Navigator

Cost, The EN team came out of the broker world and understands what is needed.

Philip from Doumar Insurance

Employee Navigator Review

It's been great. I enjoy that I am able to change anything on the spot and it is very easy to use

Pros

The customer service is great. If I ever have questions I am easily able to get in touch with your team and get immediate help. I love the features and this has helped me close business

Cons

I do not like that I can't delete old groups that were either set up as demo's when I was first learning the software or who have left our agency. I do not like how sometimes the homepage gets updated, although I am pretty easily able to figure out the changes.

Reasons for Switching to Employee Navigator

They were not making the cut.

Merce from SWIM

Great Portal

Pros

Simple and convenient Not only user friendly from a Broker's perspective, but clients have also expressed the same. Makes their jobs so much easier, no paperwork! Great Customer Service. Everyone I have had the pleasure of speaking with, have been very helpful and friendly!

Cons

The defined contributions, I do not find this feature easy to use. Having to input benefits manually, can be tedious. In the Eligibility Rules - update wording for (Coverage Begins/Entry Date (After Waiting Period) to match specific carriers.

Deb from Colonial Life

Easy to use!

Pros

I have been building Employee Navigator for brokers for almost 4 years and I love how easy it is to use and to teach to other users. Employee Navigator Customer Support is top notch from training webinars to calling in to Support with a question. I always receive quick and friendly service. I also appreciate their willingness to listen to users and update the software as needed.

Cons

It is a rules based system so it can be difficult to manipulate data when exceptions or out of box plan set ups are needed.

Stacy from MBA, Inc.

This has been a fantastic tool that has enabled us to elevate our agency's services.

Pros

The flexibility - we are able to control building, changing and updating our client's sites on the fly. We do not have to worry about submitting changes and waiting for the vendor to update the system. And the Customer Support team is extremely helpful and responsive. We have never had an ineffective or inefficient interaction with their team. They provide comprehensive training and a knowledge base that covers nearly every topic - from the most general question to very specific situations.

Cons

There really have been very few drawbacks. Where there are any gaps or situations that EN cannot accommodate, they tend to address those situations and make changes to their system.

85% the bomb. 15% still improving.

Prior to using Employee Navigator, I had many more printed checklists and spreadsheets. I was often worried that was forgetting something or that I had forgotten to update a benefit carrier. With Employee Navigator, I've trimmed down the enrollment periods and headaches. It is much smoother for me, the employee, and the carriers. It used to take until April to get my benefit billing to match enrollment. Now, I only need to do a couple of checks before February.

Pros

Once set up, the system makes employee onboarding and benefit enrollment a breeze. It has really helped me to make the experience for employees much better by reducing the amount of effort required on their part.

Cons

When setting up custom task groups, I can't reorder the groups to be presented in the order of my choosing. The best second option is to group all of my tasks in one group. It works but it isn't as smooth as I was hoping.

John from SIG

Employee Navigator cares about its user base!

Pros

The pricing model allows us to offer this technology to many of our clients without a significant upfront investment. This provides our clients technology that significantly improves their overall efficiency and allows us to control the client experience.

Cons

I would like to see a more robust approach to testing and quality assurance. This would help us minimize the risk that a system setting has been incorrectly configured.

Juan from E3 Educate Empower Enroll

It’s great! include most if not all we needs for our industry, and integrate with mayor softwares

Love it, because it is a very user friendly. The employees love it. Compare with other systems

Pros

The integration facilities. Give us the position to be able to have a solution for any client

Cons

Really I like everything on employee navigator

Reasons for Choosing Employee Navigator

I am not the one deciding to purchased EN, but I know decision were made, because. Include all fixtures we need and it is a more simple system for our users and our staff . In few words, it is much a better system

Marlys from Compass Benefit Advisors

Employee Navigator is a great tool for our clients

This is a great product that we use for many of our clients. It has made our jobs easier as the broker as well as made our clients HR jobs easier.

Pros

This software has helped many of our clients streamline their benefits

Cons

The system has a few limitations for some of the ancillary lines, however, they are always working to improve and are very active with the broker world and listen to all our suggestions. They are continually updating the system.

Wade from First Commonwealth Insurance Agency

Customer service has been great! The system has some great features, but because the difficulty in the reporting section, we will be shopping other systems to see if there's something that can provide us better reporting.

Pros

The system is fairly easy to setup, and for certain companies it works well. I feel that it really needs to be tied to the payroll system to be most beneficial

Cons

I'm not very impressed with the reporting. It's difficult to use and requires multiple reports to be ran. I also have to spend a great deal of time editing the reports to get the information that I need. Some of the canned reports are nice, but need some additional information included. I also feel that their could be some better training.

Reasons for Choosing Employee Navigator

Price and the ease of use. We also thought that it was going to meet our needs. After using it for some time, we are discovering some of the short comings, that are creating additional time for us.

Tina from KMRD Partners

Employee Navigator makes our jobs easier! Saves trees too!

It has been great. I respect that Employee Navigator is always looking to improve their platform. They are always releasing updates throughout the year and care about what their users need.

Pros

Online enrollment for employees to make their selections and we as the Broker get the data to the carriers.

Cons

Age banded plans only has the option for 4 tiers for the employer contribution. We need it to have 5 tiers.

Reasons for Choosing Employee Navigator

We liked the product for the cost.

Deven from Eastern Benefits Group

Employee Navigator

Pros

The software is easy to use and we are able to implement new groups easily. HR users and employees are able to navigate through the site and complete tasks without any issues.

Cons

Enhancements aren't updated as quickly as they should be. There are some enhancements out there that all groups would benefit from, but the small enhancements seem to be worked on the longest (and may not benefit all groups).

Morgan from Corporate Benefits Network

Employee Navigator

Absolutely LOVE Employee Navigator!

Pros

Employee Navigator is the easiest HRIS system to operate. The building blocks for the site is very easy to navigate. I can pull reports very easily and make adjustments to my accounts without major issue. The customer service is amazing! Whenever I have a problem/ question, they are very willing to help and they explain the issue to help prevent it from happening again! Their customer service is very quick with getting back to you!

Cons

I do not have any cons for Employee Navigator! My business loves it!

Douglas from The Meyer Group

Been using for 5 years, very easy to learn and they are always making enhancements

Pros

Ease of use, customization, constant updates. Payroll Integration. Complete HRIS. Use the system as you want for as little or as much as you want. Task management and employee interaction.

Cons

The system is yours to use as you want, this can be hard for some to grasp. Some carriers are not integrated yet, this is mainly because they are not up to the times of XML format. Employee navigator is working very hard to get more and more on board.

Karen from Colonial Life

Pros and Cons from a fairly new user

Took a little getting used to for me to find information. Still not too "up" on how to run reports, but the co-worker who is savvy about the system will fill me in more when she returns from maternity leave.

Pros

It has the potential for "one stop shopping" for companies to input, track, and amend all manner of data for their employees. And it allows for two-way communication between the employee and employer regarding benefits, time off requests, etc.

Cons

As a benefit counselor, for an employee that only ones or or two items of voluntary benefits, there is a lot to go through to get to that product selection. As a coordinator, the timely updating of information by the plan administrator is crucial for each company to get the full benefit of Employee Navigator. It takes a commitment from dedicated personnel.

Reasons for Choosing Employee Navigator

As mentioned, I was not the decision maker and therefore, I do not know what reasonings went into the decision.

Lynne from Erickson Financial Services, Inc.

Employee Navigator Review

We've been using Employee Navigator for several years now. The company is very dynamic and does a good job of meeting client's needs. The learning curve is a bit complicated and requires special training for staff, and that is a hurdle that we've had some difficulty with, but the functionality is great for the money. We really love the service too.

Pros

Value for the price. Great way to communicate with clients.

Cons

Learning curve is a little complex for the employees at our agency

Angela from Big Oak Benefits Group

Employee Navigator review

love it and love the EN team! I have been to 4 of their conferences and had a great experience and got my questions and issues addressed.

Pros

Very easy to navigate and teach to our clients.

Cons

some of the reporting is not up to par. Not sure what else is needed here.

Reasons for Switching to Employee Navigator

Ease of use with Employee Navigator. The other software was very difficult to navigate.

Kaylie from Edify North

Employee Navigator from Insurance Broker's Perspective

Pros

Employee Navigator has been a great tool for our company to organize our clients information. The file feeds, while expensive, have helped take a load off our employees for clients that we process adds/terms for.

Cons

The cost associated with the file feeds directly through Employee Navigator is a bit high.

Romaine from Landi Consulting

Exceptional Customer Service

I feel the overall system would benefit any size group. There are many reports you can build that helps an employer understand their workforce population. It also empowers employees to become more aware of their benefits. This is what employers strive for with their employees!

Pros

With this being my first time using the system, I fount it to be very userfriendly for a beginner. Employee Navigator is easy to understand which helped me in building out my client's employee portal.

Cons

The only comment I have is a few of the error messages I received when uploading the census, were not that clear to me in the help section. Due to the time difference, I was not able to speak to a representative until the next day.

Reasons for Choosing Employee Navigator

Overall, Employee Navigator is very userfriendly and cost-effective. I like that it can be integrated with other systems and is userfriendly enough for a new user. The overall knowledge of their employees and the exceptional customer service is also a plus!