• Pros

• "I like that it is easy to use. It was also easy to learn and to pull reporting. It helps to keep benefits organized and is a great tool for employees. "

• "I love how user friendly EN is. It is streamlined in design, user friendly and so popular, we offer to set it up and train our clients on how to use it for their day to day business needs. "

• "Easy to use employee platform, helps to track benefits and deductions, pay raises, communicate with employees directly, answers employees questions easily about benefits, eligibility for benefits. "

• Cons

• "There’s nothing that I do not like about the software. The only thing I wish it would be compatible with our employee time keeping software and automatically load deductions for payroll."

• "The software has limitations around things like pending EOI amounts. Would also like to see more payroll integrations. All in all, it has its place."

• "The cost associated with the file feeds directly through Employee Navigator is a bit high."

Browse Employee Navigator Reviews

Mark from Collateral

Employee Naviator is hard to beat... but could be slightly better for brand new users

Employee Navigator is the Microsoft for employee benefit management. There isn't a setup or situation that this software can't handle. Being one of the largest software solutions of this space, its already connect to tons of insurance companies. It feeds data instantly and stays up to date as data changes. Portals include, other vendors, broker, employer and employees. This makes it easy to keep good communications.

Pros

I love how this software is built for any situation. Crossing state lines, different pay rates, different classes, different plans offerings and on and on....

Cons

As a brand new user, you will feel overwhelmed creating you new groups. The new user training/tutorials could be a little better. Make the training more predominant to new users. Also, offer 24 hour coaching for those learning the system for the first time.

Cassidy from WC Dillon Company

#1 HRIS Platform

My experience with Employee Navigator has been stellar since day one. As the agency's first HRIS Administrator, I've witnessed the many ways EENAV shines; broker support and security are top-notch, I personally save 10-20 hours per workweek in account administration alone, and my clients' accounts have never been more accurate. Check out EENAV's first case study on WC Dillon Co. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

Employee Navigator is a game changer for our clients and gives us competitive edge over other insurance brokers. This central system provides solutions for companies of all sizes and industries, with streamlined open enrollment and new hire onboarding processes, ACA reporting and e-filing, simplified payroll and carrier integrations, PTO management and compliance. Employee Navigator is truly the BEST HRIS PLATFORM on the market today!

Cons

Nothing. I honestly cannot think of one con!

Michelle from New England Employee Benefits Company, Inc.

HR and Benefits Technology Solutions

Employee Navigator has become a significant resource for our clients and gives us a competitive advantage over other brokers. This software provides solutions for companies of all sizes and industries, it offers efficient and effective open enrollment and new hire onboarding, ACA reporting, e-filing, simplified payroll and insurance carrier integrations, PTO management and compliance.

Pros

Cons

Would like to see editable and sign-able documents for On-boarding, the module is awesome however requiring employee's to print out, fill out, sign, upload etc......takes away from the paperless feature of why we are using this system!!!!! I would also like to see the PTO module become more robust, I understand EN partners with payroll vendors who offer PTO tracking however it is costly to our clients.

Jacqueline from CIA Insurance & Risk Management

If you care about tracking EOIs and compliance overrall... this one is for you

Pros

It has a great user interface and is easy for HR and employees to use. We received feedback from employees that the online enrollment flow is easy to use during our very first Open Enrollment on EN and that is saying something if the employees find it easy to use! Also the Evidence of Insurability tracking is easy and seamless. We and our client struggle and spend hours tracking and reviewing EOI from other systems while EN's is easy to build on the plan side and easy to understand from the employee and HR views. We also love the carrier integrations. We mostly have ancillary carrier integrations, no medical ones yet. I manage the 834 EDI feeds on the self-service system for our medical carriers and that is also easy to use. Finally we love the automatic reminders that can be scheduled for new hires and open enrollment and we love the ability to customize the notifications for different actions in the system both for broker and for client's HR team.

Cons

It is a rules-based system so if you have clients who like to make their own rules , well then this will frustrate them. You do have the ability to manually edit effective dates of enrollments and coverage amounts but otherwise the extra effort of tracking and processing special exceptions will exhaust you and the client and it will also make the option of carrier integrations an impossibility because you will have so many error discrepancy reports to fix. You also only have one person from your agency who can contact service on your behalf unless you pay extra for another premier user. Sometimes this can be frustrating to funnel every question and issue through one person.

The front end needs work with regard to navigation but the back end is where the real trouble lies.

An automated healthcare enrollment portal for our contract employees.

Pros

This software has helped us launch and maintain our employee healthcare benefits platform. I like the ability of the software to engage our employees and allow them to manage the process of enrollment firsthand.

Cons

Accuracy of data management has been a real issue with this software. Information entered into Navigator at times has not translated into the actions intended. As a result, we've had to deal with rate issues, healthcare enrollments and cancellations being missed, and a host of reporting issues.

Shane from OneDigital Health and Benefits

Simple system with a lot of Zip!

I think this system is the best out there and is always evolving into a better benefit admin system. There are constant improvements being made. Their support staff is great and very responsive.

Pros

The ease and simplicity of the system. Nor only do I find the system very easy to use and navigate but our client and their employees find it just as easy. Training clients how to use the site is a breeze and with all of the features I can customize each client's site to their own specifications. No matter how complex or how simple the client is there is always a way to implement a client just right.

Cons

There is no editable/signable online documents. Some of the default functions and settings could be setup better. Little things that could be tweeked but nothing major that can't be worked around. Could provide more training on functionality and provide manuals.

Ronnie from Brokerage

Employee Navigator is Simple

We've been working with Navigator for 5+ years and they are always trying to improve!

Pros

The nice thing about this software is that as the brokerage, we have 100% control over the data that is input into the system. It makes it really easy to implement a new client and is a nice value add for our client. The price is a little steep for a small brokerage, but ultimately, I think it is worth it.

Cons

I do not like that the integrations with carriers are not yet fully functional.

Jake from Conner Insurance

EN Review

Overall it has been great learning and using EN. We often tell our clients it's the "Ferrari" of ben. admin systems and that's because we believe it is. We believe that they have put in the time and research to put out a quality product that, especially for the cost, is great for us and our clients to use. While the system can't do everything, it can do a lot of things and makes administering benefits easier.

Pros

I love the ease of use. As a non-IT professional, it was easy to learn and is easy to build our groups.

Cons

It is a "rules" based system, so there are some functions EN cannot do for what we need.

Jeremy from CBIZ

Great Benefits Administration Solution for Clients

Pros

Employee Navigator is constantly updating with requests form the community to enhance their technology and meet the needs of all customers.

Cons

Some of the additional modules, such as onboarding and PTO, cannot compete with other premium solutions in the market.

Jeff from Jenpale LLC

Decent system, but could use more integration functionality

Been ok. Hasn't made or broken us in any accounts as of yet

Pros

Plug ins are good, several VB carriers (Colonial Life, Guardian, etc)

Cons

Was sold on EDI that after the fact we are told that the carriers are the ones refusing to let us use EDI. Frustrating, That feature alone would make it exponentially better.

Karen from Esser Hayes / Assured Partners

Biggest Bang for Your Buck

Pros

What we and our clients love about Employee Navigator: it's very user-friendly, no need to print New Hire and Open Enrollment documents/handouts, abiltiy to add employee "tasks" and track those tasks, it's self-service, available 24-7, everything is on the portal. This saves them time and money.

Cons

Setting up the plans for Vol STD and Vol LTD can be a little tricky and you really need to pay attention to the plan "rounding rules". Failure to do so will result in inaccurate employee costs.

Heather from Brown & Brown of WA dba Edgren Hecker & Lemmon Insurance

Flexible System

Employee Navigator has given our smaller clients a way to jump into the 21st century with their BenAdmin system where other software systems would not. In a lot of ways Employee Navigator offers more than what some of the more expensive software systems do. It is easy to use and quick to learn. We have been very happy with it.

Pros

We have really been impressed with the flexibility of the system. It can handle most any type of benefit situation that we have going on. It is also great that when we note something that could be improved the development team takes it seriously. We have been on the system for about 4 years and it continues to improve monthly!

Cons

I'm not a fan of the PTO system. We recommend our clients use whatever system they currently have in place.

85% the bomb. 15% still improving.

Prior to using Employee Navigator, I had many more printed checklists and spreadsheets. I was often worried that was forgetting something or that I had forgotten to update a benefit carrier. With Employee Navigator, I've trimmed down the enrollment periods and headaches. It is much smoother for me, the employee, and the carriers. It used to take until April to get my benefit billing to match enrollment. Now, I only need to do a couple of checks before February.

Pros

Once set up, the system makes employee onboarding and benefit enrollment a breeze. It has really helped me to make the experience for employees much better by reducing the amount of effort required on their part.

Cons

When setting up custom task groups, I can't reorder the groups to be presented in the order of my choosing. The best second option is to group all of my tasks in one group. It works but it isn't as smooth as I was hoping.

Kaylie from Edify North

Employee Navigator from Insurance Broker's Perspective

Pros

Employee Navigator has been a great tool for our company to organize our clients information. The file feeds, while expensive, have helped take a load off our employees for clients that we process adds/terms for.

Cons

Employee Navigator is a good solution for smaller employers.

As a large national broker, it gives us the opportunity to provide a self service solution for our smaller clients for little cost.

Pros

Gives us the ability to provide our smaller clients with Employee Self Service. Great solution for employers who are still using paper. There is some on boarding which is helpful and the employers like the reporting.

Nichole from JLA Insurance Group

Employee Navigator - My hero!

Perfect! EN makes running the HR side of any business a snap, and makes life as an Insurance agent so easy!!

Pros

Cons

I cannot honestly think of anything I do not like about Employee Navigator. EN was built for the insurance industry and is so user friendly, I can't help but to love it.

MARTHA from At The Beach Tanning

This is a great software for benefits

I am not sure if this question is about the company that I just reviewed or capterra. If it is for capterra, the benefits are that I can easily review companies.

Pros

Cons

It does not work with all payroll software. If you happen to have a payroll provider, you will be asked to change to a payroll provider that works with employee navigator.

Kerry from Hospitality

Helps to track your employees benefits, easy to use in terms of adding employees, or terminating employees.

Pros

Cons

Theres nothing that I do not like about the software. The only thing I wish it would be compatible with our employee time keeping software and automatically load deductions for payroll.

More features than advertised; a great addition to any human resource team

Pros

Besides its employee navigating features, it provides more tools which make my job easier and allows me to do my job correctly. It keeps an employee database which I often use to track an employees achievements in our firm. Another great feature is the possibility to manage our employees benefits.

Cons

Although there are many features to this program, it seems like it lacks a few features for HR purposes. Employee Navigator seems to provide more but forgot to focus and improve their current features.

Terrie from Hope Services, LLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

So helpful!

Pros

Employee Navigator is so easy to use! It directs you on items that need to be completed and has been a really easy way for employees within our agency to communicate with our HR department with documents and information all in one place. We recently used it for our annual open enrollment and it made the process so much easier. It was even easier than the previous year.

Cons

I have no complaints . I am completely satisfied with this software and wish that we started using it sooner!

Employee Navigator provides a useful tool for tracking employee benefits.

Overall, Employee Navigator provides me with a user-friendly tool for accessing my employment benefits information.

Pros

The best aspect of Employee Navigator is the benefits summary. Having quick and easy access to the most important details of my employment benefits is very useful.

Cons

The only issue that I've experienced with Employee Navigator is that some of the information can be difficult to access. Everything is compartmentalized which can be helpful or feel tedious based on what you're looking for.

User Friendly

Pros

i like that it keeps track of every employee.

Cons

sometimes when you save information, you have to go back and redo it.

Employee Navigator is user-friendly

Pros

Employee Navigator can be customized to meet your company's unique human resource needs. Keep track of your employees PTO, benefits, and other resources all in one spot.

Cons

Although the software is very user-friendly, it is very plain. It would also be nice to have Employee Review information in this portal.

Kelly from Apache Logistics, Inc.

Simple System to use

I

Pros

I like the layout and how easy it is to use

Cons

Very limiting on functions of PTO time.

I have had an overall positive experience with Employee Navigator

Pros

I like that I am easily able to put in PTO and sick days in . It is also easy change and update information that I had added in previously.

Cons

I wish that there was a chat in this software so that I could ask my colleagues questions about certain admin information. Specifically HR colleagues.

It's nice for the one time each year you need it

Happy with it!

Pros

Employee navigator definitely simplifies things. I like the user interface and it makes enrolling in insurances/benefits a pleasant experience.

Cons

Besides once a year, I don't use it for much. Not sure if that's how it's supposed to be, but I don't see functionality beyond enrolling in benefits.

Asking for time off and signing up for the benefits for each year couldn't be easier!

Pros

The ability to log in and see my days off, benefit status, and get any insurance cards or plan numbers through the online portal or the app is great!

Cons

The android app is not reliably connecting, but the online version has been simple and easy to use for almost any HR need.

Persephone from Best Lawyers

Employee Navigator is the one stop HR shop!

Pros

Employee navigator is great!! We recently switched to it for our employee records and on boarding! Everything is amazing!

Cons

Everything is great so far! No cons come to mind!

Michelle from Pinnacle

An easy to use benefit to offer smaller companies without dedicated HR

this has been a great tool to offer clients. It is a huge time saver for smaller clients.

Pros

This software is user friendly and is continuously being updated. Getting employers set up is seamless and takes much less time than competitors

Cons

Along with constant updates comes the learned curve to figure out new features. An employee review of the software to report to the employer would be great for feedback &/or issues

Consistent and mostly user friendly

Overall it's a solid offering. Just not as robust as other ones we experimented with.

Pros

Manages a wide variety of topics in one place, including benefits, vacation time, onboarding, etc.

Cons

I found this trial harder to set up than some others we tried out. And the user experience wasn't as robust.

Britnie from Porter Hedges LLP

Industry: Law Practice

Very User Friendly

Using Employee Navigator to manage your own benefits package is fantastic. I can easily access and manage my elections throughout the year without feeling like I'm "bugging" my internal HR department.

Pros

The ability to see all of my elections clearly and in one place.

Cons

I haven't experienced anything negative.

seamless user experience

Pros

the dashboard is intuitive and easy to use for employees, and includes integrations for all of our other reporting software

Cons

it doesn't offer particular incentive for employees to get into the product more often than for open enrollment

Simple benefits signup and management (from user perspective)

Pros

It made signing up for benefits with a new company surprisingly easy and straightforward. Additionally, it has some flexibility in the sense that I accidentally typed a birthdate wrong and was able to change it after the benefits had been implemented. It was set to "pending approval" and updated a couple days later with no hassle.

Cons

I've only used the end-user aspects so far, but I have nothing bad to say about it at this time.

Employee Navigator Review

Pros

I like that all of the benefits that your company provides is right there for you, so you can always refer back to it and I found it was very easy to request time off using the dashboard.

Cons

Our company has not used it for very long, only a few months as of right now, so I have yet to find thing that I don't like about the product.

Joel from Lucid

Like many HR softwares, this can be tough to navigate

Pros

Very powerful in all the info it can store and manage for the company and for the employee.

Cons

It's like most HR softwares, it is not built to be employee friendly nor does it have clean UI.